NATION

PASSWORD

Cold War RP: Reboot IC, (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:09 am

Sarderia wrote:Ministry of Trade Building, Tehran

Minister Pashdar smiled a bit. He sipped the antique glass of chai on the table. "Minister, we have another... condition to consider. Recently, the nefarious Frenchmen deliberately crashed their stock market over supposed uncertainities regarding the Marshall Aid coming from the United States. While this is all a folly, because the influence of Russia would be enough to get America on high alert - regardless of ideology - this has been quite impactful for the German economy. We in Iran have followed the modern economic model. The standard Keynesian economy most of the world follows is quite challenging for us developing nations to follow, if we want a higher spending on infrastructure and welfare. The model has been tried by many before; Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal, and even the despicable Nazi dictator's attempt to estabilish the Autobahn and the Volkswagen project. While we abhor the ideology, we certainly admire the economic tactic," Pashdar said.

He took another sip of the flavoured milk tea, and continued. "We understand that in order to survive post World War economic challenges, and this surprise the French has been throwing us, Germany need to create jobs and fund lavishly into infrastructure programs. I assure you, Iran and the rest of OPEC would be very much willing to help you with cheap natural resources. We have an ample reserve of iron in our mines, and we'll gladly strike a deal with Germany to export it in a very low price. The same condition goes for oil, and other natural resources. However, we shall strike the deal on one condition. Germany must tone down its influence in the USSR's civil conflict - I don't mean that Germany should opt out completely, but as not to be as blatant as France. It is greatly upsetting the investment coming from USSR to Iran. Secondly, Germany must be committed to produce so many goods, so much that Germany could possibly swarm the European market with German goods, thus outcompeting the French and quite possibly bankrupt them. This would be extremely beneficial to Germany as your primary competitor could lose the price war. We will help you with the natural resources needed for the mass production."

Pashdar continued. "Thirdly, while the German government might want to discontinue investment in Iran, we advise you not so. If could, we would like to invite German engineers from corporations such as Porsche, Mercedes-Benz and the others, to kick-start the domestic automotive industry in Iran."

Karl Obelmann nodded thoughtfully. France and Germany were competitors, especially in the automotive industry, and factories in Iran would create more jobs and return money to Germany.

"I will have to contact my superiors in the German government, but to me, this sounds acceptable. We have remained reasonably neutral in the USSR conflict (lies, but you don't know that) so that shouldn't be much of a problem." He replied.

Asia,

80% of the German forces in India and Siam are returned to Germany, to cut costs of barracks and supply.

The Ambassador to India is ordered to discuss how India and Germany will work together in these times.

Malay Raya
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Malay Raya » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:11 am

Republic Of Turkey

President of the Republic of Turkey, Ismet Inonu signs the OPEC Charter.

In other news, all 5 agents of Task Force 150 have returned home. However they also brought an unexpected passenger. One of the designers/engineers who was responsible for the design of MiG-15 faked his death in the hands of the Tsar rebellion in order to go with the agents to Turkey as he fears his safety should the Soviets fall out of power as he was a close advocate of the Soviet regime. The designer/engineer was disguised as one of the agents, while the agent in question remains in USSR at a secret hideout and returned to Turkey after a few days using a different route.
Current RP's
None, just got resurrected

"...and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just.
Be just; that is nearer to righteousness..."

- Quran [5:8]

I'm a Malaysian
Pro: Sunni Islam, Conservatism, Peace & Green
Anti: Extremism, Zionism, LGBT

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:35 am

Paris

"It worked." Auriol said exhaustedly. "The free-fall is over. And growth has returned, though it's slow."

"Don't ruin the moment!" Edgard Faure---the Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs---chided.

"No, but the whole crash has stopped. Slowly growth is returning. Is that not the case?" Coty asked as he took a seat in a chair, and then proceeded to fall asleep.

"Well, I'm going home. I haven't seen my wife in days. See you later." Auriol said to Faure as he grabbed his stuff and left.

"I think I'll follow suit." Faure replied as he gathered his stuff and then left.

Despite stock having risen and imporved in Paris for the last few days, the French Government was still in crisis mode. While there was less panic in the streets than before, it had been replaced with sorrow and dissmay at the loss of what had once been the French Empire. But there where benefits to this plan too. Now that France encompased mainly more modern and developed regions, it would be significantly easier to build infrastructure like highways since the demand for said infrastructure was already in place.

To aid the recovery, the top French economists perscribed tough medicine. A Keynesian economic policy would be put in place along side the current economic plans. The ultimate goal being that all the plans combined would lead to a resurgence in French economic growth. The reason the Keynesian policy would not replace all others was because the market crash was caused not by a lack of demand, but by a general volatility and a fear of what could happen in the market.

Italy

Italy had been affected by the crash, but not as much as France had. The Italian economy proved to be resiliant and the fact that Italy was not tied up in several international conflicts and disputes had aided in the resiliance of the economy. However this did little to mitigate the Lira's fall. As part of a more modest and conservative economic plan in Italy, the Lira was revalued to 1,000 to a dollar, and a huge new investment scheme to build infrastructure and industry. But unlike in France, the economic plan was well received by the markets, and stocks had had a quiker rebound than in France.

Versailles

Rene Coty was siting at a desk in the Hall of Mirrors. In front of him where TV and radio crews. As two makeup artists finished up on Coty, the cameras where switched on to warm them up before going live. And the radio microphones where given one final test. Then a countdown from ten began, and the President of France was on the air.

"My fellow countrymen, the recent days have been hard for everyone. France has lost most of her might, and her economy came inches from colapse. I know many of you have suffered, and I hear your call. But rest assured, the French economy will return, stronger than before. We will assume our rightful place in the world. But we need to do it together!"

"To rise from the ashes, we must bond together as a nation. Put asside our differences, and work harder than we ever have to grow our economy not just quickly, but sustainably. The sustainability of that growth is key. Because if you can't sustain it, it's growth in vain. But if it is well bassed, economically sound growth, it will be sustainable. As such, I must announce that France is open for buissness and ready to trade again. There should be no more fears of the French economy, or the shunning of France from the international stage. The French economy will rise. The question is, will you be a part of the rise, or will you be left behind?"

"On said note. As France struggled with the near crash of a few weaks ago, OPEC extended a hand saying they would aid uss if we stpped aiding the USSR. One may think that the choice is obvious, for the sake of the economy, stop supporting the USSR. So, rest assured that we have. France still recognizes the USSR as the legitimate government of the USSR for the moment, but only for the moment. However France will not support the Tsarists who are no better than the Soviets and are arguably even worse. No. France will support the path all democratic nations should. France will support a democratic Russia."

"But we won't fund said rebelion with money or arms. No. The Russian people are tired of dictatorships and missrule. But they no longer have to fear. For France will stand by them to create a Russia run by the people, not by a mandman on top. A Russia where officials are held accountable, and a Russia where the press is free and the truth isn't supressed. A Russia with civil rights and civil liberties! That is who we will support. But not with money, or arms. For the sheer will of the Russian people is stronger than any army, than any bullet. Than any shell."

"People of the USSR! Rise up to throw your tyrants off, to bring prosperity to your families, and to give the people of your nation, a taste of true freedom! Rise up to fight for what you stand for! Democracy! Freedom! Equality! Prosperity! Fight for it before the Soviets or Tsarists rob you of it, because they will try to! And only by fighting will you be able to keep what believe in! Democracy will prevail!"
Last edited by Monsone on Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:42 am

Monsone wrote:Paris

"It worked." Auriol said exhaustedly. "The free-fall is over. And growth has returned, though it's slow."

"Don't ruin the moment!" Edgard Faure---the Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs---chided.

"No, but the whole crash has stopped. Slowly growth is returning. Is that not the case?" Coty asked as he took a seat in a chair, and then proceeded to fall asleep.

"Well, I'm going home. I haven't seen my wife in days. See you later." Auriol said to Faure as he grabbed his stuff and left.

"I think I'll follow suit." Faure replied as he gathered his stuff and then left.

Despite stock having risen and imporved in Paris for the last few days, the French Government was still in crisis mode. While there was less panic in the streets than before, it had been replaced with sorrow and dissmay at the loss of what had once been the French Empire. But there where benefits to this plan too. Now that France encompased mainly more modern and developed regions, it would be significantly easier to build infrastructure like highways since the demand for said infrastructure was already in place.

To aid the recovery, the top French economists perscribed tough medicine. A Keynesian economic policy would be put in place along side the current economic plans. The ultimate goal being that all the plans combined would lead to a resurgence in French economic growth. The reason the Keynesian policy would not replace all others was because the market crash was caused not by a lack of demand, but by a general volatility and a fear of what could happen in the market.

Italy

Italy had been affected by the crash, but not as much as France had. The Italian economy proved to be resiliant and the fact that Italy was not tied up in several international conflicts and disputes had aided in the resiliance of the economy. However this did little to mitigate the Lira's fall. As part of a more modest and conservative economic plan in Italy, the Lira was revalued to 1,000 to a dollar, and a huge new investment scheme to build infrastructure and industry. But unlike in France, the economic plan was well received by the markets, and stocks had had a quiker rebound than in France.

Versailles

Rene Coty was siting at a desk in the Hall of Mirrors. In front of him where TV and radio crews. As two makeup artists finished up on Coty, the cameras where switched on to warm them up before going live. And the radio microphones where given one final test. Then a countdown from ten began, and the President of France was on the air.

"My fellow countrymen, the recent days have been hard for everyone. France has lost most of her might, and her economy came inches from colapse. I know many of you have suffered, and I hear your call. But rest assured, the French economy will return, stronger than before. We will assume our rightful place in the world. But we need to do it together!"

"To rise from the ashes, we must bong together as a nation. Put asside our differences, and work harder than we ever have to grow our economy not just quickly, but sustainably. The sustainability of that growth is key. Because if you can't sustain it, it's growth in vain. But if it is well bassed, economically sound growth, it will be sustainable. As such, I must announce that France is open for buissness and ready to trade again. There should be no more fears of the French economy, or the shunning of France from the international stage. The French economy will rise. The question is, will you be a part of the rise, or will you be left behind?"

"On said note. As France struggled with the near crash of a few weaks ago, OPEC extended a hand saying they would aid uss if we stpped aiding the USSR. One may think that the choice is obvious, for the sake of the economy, stop supporting the USSR. So, rest assured that we have. France still recognizes the USSR as the legitimate government of the USSR for the moment, but only for the moment. However France will not support the Tsarists who are no better than the Soviets and are arguably even worse. No. France will support the path all democratic nations should. France will support a democratic Russia."

"But we won't fund said rebelion with money or arms. No. The Russian people are tired of dictatorships and missrule. But they no longer have to fear. For France will stand by them to create a Russia run by the people, not by a mandman on top. A Russia where officials are held accountable, and a Russia where the press is free and the truth isn't supressed. A Russia with civil rights and civil liberties! That is who we will support. But not with money, or arms. For the sheer will of the Russian people is stronger than any army, than any bullet. Than any shell."

"People of the USSR! Rise up to throw your tyrants off, to bring prosperity to your families, and to give the people of your nation, a taste of true freedom! Rise up to fight for what you stand for! Democracy! Freedom! Equality! Prosperity! Fight for it before the Soviets or Tsarists rob you of it, because they will try to! And only by fighting will you be able to keep what believe in! Democracy will prevail!"

OOC: "we must BONG together as a nation" :lol:
IC: After hearing the broadcast, President Maximilian sets out his own broadcast:

"People of the world. Listen! For hundreds of years, at one point we have been ruled by an wrongful rule. The strong destroyed the weak. Well no more, I say! We stand with France, to bring a stronger Russia to the world. A democratic and great Russia! Where all religions are not persecuted. We must have the power to control our fate! We can't have a psycotic dictator rule over human being! That is cruelty! We must have a peaceful world! For Democracy!"

Exalted Inquellian State
Senator

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Exalted Inquellian State » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:07 am

The Indian Emperor had constructed a temporary radio set, capable of reaching out to the world.

"Democratic and Monarchist rebels in the USSR, I have a proposal! You cannot defeat the Soviets if you fight each other! The democratic and tsarist opposition must work together! The Tsars, for all their misdemeanors, have brought Russia on a stable route, especially in foreign policy. But freedoms such as freedom of speech, of assembly, of religion, must be guaranteed! Unite your forces, and create a power sharing agreement that satisfies both Anastasia and the people" He finished of the broadcast with an ironic set of words. "Monarchists and Democrats, unite!"
My Kaiserreich Cold War RP-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=507613&sid=a338bded6a6009aba44e8b2d0d1d04c4
My Kaiserreich/The Burning Sun German Empire Political Roleplay-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=514195&sid=fd8a29ac7c4e1a97e9bc4266e116a56f

Draos
Minister

Founded: May 25, 2018

Postby Draos » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:44 am

During the confusion in Russia Scandinavian infantry and tanks began marching towards the Finnish border while diplomats were sent to Helsinki to try and negotiate a way to peacefully annex the country to join their Nordic Brethren.
Prime Minister and former Foreign Minister of Union of Free Nations
Draosians are a species of Gigantic Reptilian extra-terrestrials resembling Bipedal monitor lizards standing at an average of 8 feet tall and weighing around 450 pounds

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:15 pm

Begovoy District, Moscow, Russian SSR

Minister Zasyadko through Captain Kruvchenko, a contact of the Iranian Ambassador in Moscow, managed to convince the engineers and planners in Mikoyan-Gurevich's Moscow Begovoy headquarters to transfer several key blueprints for the components of the MiG-15 and I-270 jets. While the MiG-15 has been produced massively, the I-270 was still in experimental phase; thus the Iranian Embassy received only the rocket propulsion scheme of the aircraft. Several key engineers involved in the project was also seeking asylum in the Iranian embassy, as they were blackmailed by Kruvchenko who threatened to reveal their Tsarist rebellion allegiance to Lavrentiy Beria if they did not cooperate with the Embassy staff.

Present in the Mikoyan-Gurevich Begovoy headquarters was also Josef Yakovlevich Kotin, the designer of the IS-10 project. The tank design was unfinished, but Kotin agreed to transfer several of his engineers involved in the design to work in Tehran. Since the engineers could obtain the schemes of M4 Sherman and the Centurion tanks in Iranian factories, a deal was struck with the head of Factory 174 in Omsk, wherein the Iranian intelligence would relay any advancement they achieved by combining the IS-10 diagrams with western-style tanks, to the Soviet engineers. Kotin's engineers also brought with them the schematics of the T-54 tank; while the Iranian intelligence managed to acquire T-54 schematics earlier from Kruvchenko, they certainly needed the help of Soviet engineers.

Ministry of Finance Building, Tehran

Iran has not experienced the scale of economic downturn similar to France, or nations trading extensively with France, because of its minimal economic relations with France. However, the stock values of Iran's major oil companies dropped by a big 36% during the start of the economic crisis, which is quickly averted by cutting the production levels immediately - and revoking any licenses being made for further oil drilling. Domestic production and exports to India and Siam, however, still made up for the rest of the goods that can't be exported to Europe. The global oil prices devalued by a large 40% following the crisis, but after two days, it made a signifciant recovery by 20% - due to the other European nations either having a minimal trade relationship with France, or the faith in US-backed Marshall Plan seems to return in France proper. However, the oil prices still fluctuated in the moment, which turned the Ministry of Finance's economic policy to be less reliant on oil for the time being.

Responding to this market crash, the Ministry immediately outlined a 5-year plan starting from September 1950 to boost fiscal spending and reduce mass unemployment. The first phase would include transporting workers from Kurdistan and Iraq into the developed regions of western Iran, giving them new opportunities to work in textile factories, engine parts factories, and other manufacturing centers; however, this is very temporary, to substitute the export niche that was originally taken by oil production. Iranian exports to Indonesia, China, and Africa was increased during the period. Secondly, as the Iranian Lira's value dropped about 20% from its initial pre-crisis rates relative to the US Dollar, the Reserve Bank of Iran authorized Quantitative Easing policies; authorizing more international bonds to select countries in Europe, such as Great Britain and Scandinavia. The Reserve Bank and Ministry of Finance considered Iranian bonds as one of the highest-valued in the world, as it warrants dividents from the government's oil tax revenues in the future - the quick debt payment and good investment ratings that the Iranian government had maintained from the past also guarantees investors about the security of the bond. The Reserve Bank refrained from selling Iranian bonds to nations such as France, as they had just recently lost their colonies - a severe blow to their administration's public image and also their colonies - because Iran couldn't be certain that those investors had the money to buy bonds in the first place.

Thirdly, the Ministry of Finance saw this as an opportunity to purchase bonds from other nations. In particular, the Iranian government is willing to purchase $30 Million worth of German public debt, as they had the confidence German industry would grow into one of Europe's largest in the following years. The Iranian government asked for an interest rate of 5% to be maintained, and to ensure Germany has the sufficient industrial capacity, the Iranian Ministry of Trade authorized a discount in mineral ore exports to Germany - on the condition they stay neutral in Soviet civil conflicts, and that they increase their industrial production to surpass France, dropping the prices further and possibly bankrupting other nations' producers through severe competition.

Fourthly, the Ministry of Public Works authorized a series of railways and highways to be bulit from Luristan to Hormuz, more specifically from the western regions of Iran to Bandar Abbas. A US$ 60 million highway, railway and port revitalization package is authorized by the government, using combined private and state contractors, and employing further 80,000 people in a week alone. The Ministry of Trade has authorized a deal with German automotive manufacturers to gain their car products and purchase it in Iran for the Asian market. The construction of new factories is subsidized by the government through a US$ 4 million "Industrial Relief Program" package. Fifthly, the Reserve Bank eliminated all reserve requirements, so that Iranian banks do not need to hold a stated amount of money in reserve to start banking operations. This resulted in easier credit and withdrawal flow, ensuring the stability of Iranian banks in the recession.

Sixth, the Iranian Ministry of Finance authorized a US$50 million welfare and bailout program to Iranian corporations facing severe repercussions from the crisis. This action subsequently helped to restore faith in Iranian corporations, making the fluctuation of stock prices somewhat stable compared to France (only going down at average of 4 to 5% per day on the recession stage, and is currently trending up by 12%).

Lastly, a major cut in defense spending is authorized by the Ministry of Defense. The number of reservists retired temporarily peaked to 140,000 at this week alone, and the Army cooperated with several factories to employ the reservists in time of recession. All armored vehicles and artillery production is halted for the moment, the main focus being engine parts and other automotive productions. With the recession packages the Iranian government authorized, the Iranian economy is set to bounce back, in addition to embrace the oil boom in the following years.
Last edited by Sarderia on Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:47 pm

The German government gladly accepts the Iranian offer. Now material for infrastructure projects are coming in cheaply, so workers can be paid more, and more money can flow through the German economy.

Germany remains silent on the Russian Civil War.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:22 pm

Tunisia

Summer came to an end, and fall began. The Mediteranean was cool this time of the year with the possibility of an occasional heat wave now and then. But the desert was still harsh and cold at night, with temperatures then skyrocketing during the day. But it was in the same desert that in 1941 Rommel fought on that war would soon return too.

Iran's protectionism against France and seeming hostilities toward the French nation had driven the French Government and people mad. The thought that one nation could cut off all their oil was near incredible and quite scary for French military planners and strategists. Simply put, France needed more oil. Luckily, it just happened to be right next door to France.

Libya was oil rich. The Sirte Basin was the largest oil reserve in Africa, and it was in France's backyard both geographically and geopolitically. But this was to be no invasion. Instead, a puppet regime was going to be installed. And so on the French side of the border in Tunisia, 50,000 troops along with tanks and aircraft massed to prepare for the intervention in Libya, codenamed Opperation Burning Torch.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Exalted Inquellian State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Exalted Inquellian State » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:36 pm

The Indian representative walked up to the German one. It was late, and soon they would go to their hotel rooms along with all the other representative.
"Alright, you said that India and Germany needed to discuss how they will cooperate in the future. Exactly what do you mean?"
My Kaiserreich Cold War RP-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=507613&sid=a338bded6a6009aba44e8b2d0d1d04c4
My Kaiserreich/The Burning Sun German Empire Political Roleplay-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=514195&sid=fd8a29ac7c4e1a97e9bc4266e116a56f

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:47 pm

Exalted Inquellian State wrote:The Indian representative walked up to the German one. It was late, and soon they would go to their hotel rooms along with all the other representative.
"Alright, you said that India and Germany needed to discuss how they will cooperate in the future. Exactly what do you mean?"

"Due to the recent recession in Germany, we need to rediscuss prices of goods. At least for the short term. We have negotiated with Iran on this subject, and were wondering if we could expand that to all of OPEC."

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:23 pm

The Scandinavian forces began nearing the Finnish border as talks began to stall out the United Kingdoms' learned from the failure of the Germans and Soviets in recent years Winter clothes and Munitons were packed even planning on adapting some of the tactics the soviets used in the later stages of the winter war to wittle down the Finns and keep them from using their ambush tactics.
Draosians are a species of Gigantic Reptilian extra-terrestrials resembling Bipedal monitor lizards standing at an average of 8 feet tall and weighing around 450 pounds

Malay Raya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Malay Raya » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:26 pm

Republic of Turkey

The economy situation is now improving as stocks and business growths are returning to normal levels after a sudden crash. Current measures of the Turkish government to reduce the crisis will be continued until the economy's performance returns to pre-crash level which is expected to be around the start of the year 1951.

Meanwhile, the folks at the newly established National Armor Design Bureau (UZiTB) (since 1945) has received the blueprints and begun their work to improve on the T-54 mod. 1949 design. Attention was put into improving space inside the turret and making the gun more accurate at long ranges by improving the gunner's capacity to target enemies. At the same time, the National Ship Design Bureau (UGeTB) & National Aircraft Design Bureau (UUcTB) were recently established in July 1950 since the start of the Russian Civil War.

With the acquisition of the blueprints, they are able to start work on studying the designs so that they can find ways to manufacture it. This work is also helped by the agents of Task Force 150 who had studied the infrastructure and machines of Soviet factories, plants and shipyards; speeding up the process. The recently defected MiG-15 designer now given a new name, Ilyasov Maxim became the head of UUcTB to help the newly established design bureau. Focus was put into making sure that the light planes factory that Turkey has to upgrade its machines and infrastructure to be able to accommodate the production of jet aircraft, or the construction of a new factory.
Current RP's

I'm a Malaysian

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:09 pm

Franco-Libyan Border

French troops where almost ready to enter Libya. A total of 50,000 soldiers, 150 tanks, and a few thousand trucks and half-tracks where ready. Meanwhile P-51s and P-47s where readied for their possible ground attack missions, and a few destroyers and cruisers where closing in on Tripoli. The opperation was to begin in 72 hours. It's goal was to bring Idris of Libya to power as King of Libya. In return, Idris would allow the French to use Libya as a launching point for invasions of anywhere, and grant the French the exclusive right to serve as Libya's oil distributor as well as aid Libya in setting up an oil industry. Similarly, Libya would receive French military aid, and France would agree to help educate the Libyan people as to create a more solid middle class. Idris had been notified of the plan only a few days before, and had agreed to it as he saw it to be the best course of action for the moment. Who knew what was to come next.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:18 pm

Dear Mr. President,

The Iranian government is interested on a further partnership between Iran and Turkey in relations to petroleum production. The new Perso-Turkish pipeline that would be expanded from Sulaymaniyah, in Kurdistan to Istanbul and further into Europe will bring an estimated 3 million bbl of both crude and refined oil per day. The Turkish government will hold a 50-50 stake with the Iranian Ministry of Energy on this company. If you agree, we shall start construction immediately.

Minister of Foreign Affairs,
Vahid Sattar Pirouzvar

Ministry of Finance, Iran

The Ministry allocated an US$ 5 million worth of Iranian government bonds to be sold in the Paris Stock Exchange. The bonds primarily are issued by the Ministry of Energy's Kurdistan Natural Resources Consortium, a state-owned company responsible to the discovery and extraction of petroleum wells in the Kurdistan Special Administrative Region. The KNRC is looking to open IPO in Frankfurt and Paris soon as the Ministry of Energy permitted the corporation to drill oils, as the laws regarding economic recession programs are relaxed.
Last edited by Sarderia on Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Malay Raya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Malay Raya » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:00 pm

Republic of Turkey

Encryption: Diplomatic Cable

After discussions among the Cabinet, the government of Turkey hereby agrees to commit to such partnership for the new Perso-Turkish pipeline. We propose that we send our representatives to meet each other, perhaps from the Ministry of Trade and persons of interest who are able to establish the company to further discuss this and finalize the plans for the company and the pipelines whenever possible. Once finalized, construction on our end shall begin as well.

Signed,
Ismet Inonu
Current RP's

I'm a Malaysian

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:34 am

President Maximilian was at the La Paz Plaza. He was giving a fiery speech.
"My friends, we know democracy is better than an autocracy. And yet the Russians don't. Neither do the PRC. We must unite and eradicate communism and absolute monarchy. For democracy!"
At that moment a bang was heard. President Maximilian was seen clutching his chest and falling.

As the sniper was running from the scene, a friar called Brother Jose, sucker punched him. When the crowd came, they beat him almost to death.

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:54 am

In the end the talks between the Scandinavian realms and the Republic of Finland broke down followed 3 days later by Scandinavian Stridsvagn m/42 Medium tanks pushing across the Finnish border followed by Scandinavian troops in White winter uniforms marching into the neighboring country Overhead in the Skies the first squadrons of Swedish aircraft Roared. The Great Nordic War had begun
Last edited by Draos on Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Exalted Inquellian State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Exalted Inquellian State » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:56 am

The Indian Emperor was sitting at his hotel room, calmly sipping his tea. A newspaper lay in front of him. On the front page, he noticed the Bolivian flag.
This should be good., he thought. As he went down, he saw a picture of a man being beaten. Odd.

And then he read the headline

"Assassination Attempt on Bolivian President!"

He spit his tea out. His ally, Maximilian... dead? While they technically disagreed on the Russian civil war, it was no big matter. And now he was dead?

He read the article shakily. Apparently, the government hadn;t reported yet what his condition was He breathed a sigh of relifef. After mopping up the carpet he went to sleep. He chuckled, however, at a friar beating the killer.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:25 am

Rio de Janeiro
King Pedro II was relaxing after just speaking to a crowd outside one of his palaces about the constitution. He was calmly sipping his coffee, until one of his aides walked up to him.
“Your majesty” said the aide
“Go on” Said Pedro
“President Maximilian of Bolivia was just assassinated” said the aide
Pedro spewed his coffee everywhere “it can’t be true!” He cried “it simply can’t!”
The aide turned on the radio nearby. It was talking about the death of the President.
Córdoba
As the generals at Córdoba saw morale dropping, they decided to charge into the city and take it. Surely it would boost morale.
The divisions were organised, and immediately they were sent up and into the city. They were forced to retreat.
On the second attempt, cannon fire started and after the barrage had finished, they charged. The city quickly capitulated and cheers from the army could be heard.
They would rest for the remainder of the day, before marching on
Puerto Madryn
The second army had finally arrived into their next stop, with morale boosted once they heard about the victory at Córdoba.
When they arrived, they charged through onto the city and it was quickly captured.
They decided to regroup and gather supplies for a few days, otherwise they would be easily defeated in later battles. Buenos Ares was near.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:50 am

Turkish-Iranian Kurdistan Border

As the meeting between Iranian and Turkish officials concluded, the Iranian Ministry of Public Works authorized a permit for several consortium of Iranian construction firms to commence construction of the Perso-Turkish pipeline, second phase. This phase would enlarge the capacity of the Perso-Turkish pipeline to about 3 million barrels of oil per day, and it would be transferred directly into Europe through underwater pipelines crossing the Bosporus, and several bridges above the Bosporus itself. There is a total of 90,000 workers and more than a thousand engineers diverted for this project, mainly Kurdish and Arab sent by various Iranian construction companies to speed up the uprgade project, and also 8,000 trucks bearing materials per week - steel, ores, and other equipments crossing the Turkish border. However, low wages and poor security standards is still a problem for the work enviroment, though the pipeline's quality is maintained to the highest level possible. It is expected to be completed next month, and Kurdistan's oil export would soar by a gigantic 60% once the pipeline is finished - but that number is still far from maximum capacity. The Iranian Ministry of Energy expects much higher oil exports to Europe once the pipeline is finished. The project would cost US$ 20 million, which would be financed half by the Iranian government and half by the Turkish government.

Amman, Jordan

The Iranian intelligence agency is secretly backing a Major General of the Jordanian Army, Hassan al-Bairani, to stage a coup d'etat against the government of the current Prime Minister. The King of Jordan himself has been contacted about the possible events by covert agents working from Egypt, under the direction from Iranian intelligence authorities. Through the desert border between Jordan and Iraq, the Iranian government agreed to supply the Major General's conspirators with Bren machine guns, PPsh-41 guns, and several Daimler armoured cars, disguised as donations to the Jordanian Army from excess Iranian stockpiles - as Iran has significantly cut off the military budget.

Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources

The Ministry has announced an US$ 2 million worth of Phospate and Petroleum support package to be exported to Germany, in support of rebuilding and boosting the German industry following a month of recession. The Iranian Government looks into further partnership and investment between Germany and Iran. Meanwhile, a secret request is transmitted to the German government. The Iranian government is asking to purchase ex-WWII German submarine, frigate, tanks, and armored car blueprints.
Last edited by Sarderia on Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:52 am

5:32 P.M.
President Maximilian has been declared dead. The sniper has resulted to be a chinese sniper. Vice President Jorge speaks
"My people. It is a sad day. Our great and wise ruler has been killed by spineless cowards. We will get revenge. I will also present the Medal of Maximilian to Friar Jose. With a heavy heart, I will take over his office."

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:29 am

Sarderia wrote:Turkish-Iranian Kurdistan Border

As the meeting between Iranian and Turkish officials concluded, the Iranian Ministry of Public Works authorized a permit for several consortium of Iranian construction firms to commence construction of the Perso-Turkish pipeline, second phase. This phase would enlarge the capacity of the Perso-Turkish pipeline to about 3 million barrels of oil per day, and it would be transferred directly into Europe through underwater pipelines crossing the Bosporus, and several bridges above the Bosporus itself. There is a total of 90,000 workers and more than a thousand engineers diverted for this project, mainly Kurdish and Arab sent by various Iranian construction companies to speed up the uprgade project, and also 8,000 trucks bearing materials per week - steel, ores, and other equipments crossing the Turkish border. However, low wages and poor security standards is still a problem for the work enviroment, though the pipeline's quality is maintained to the highest level possible. It is expected to be completed next month, and Kurdistan's oil export would soar by a gigantic 60% once the pipeline is finished - but that number is still far from maximum capacity. The Iranian Ministry of Energy expects much higher oil exports to Europe once the pipeline is finished. The project would cost US$ 20 million, which would be financed half by the Iranian government and half by the Turkish government.

Amman, Jordan

The Iranian intelligence agency is secretly backing a Major General of the Jordanian Army, Hassan al-Bairani, to stage a coup d'etat against the government of the current Prime Minister. The King of Jordan himself has been contacted about the possible events by covert agents working from Egypt, under the direction from Iranian intelligence authorities. Through the desert border between Jordan and Iraq, the Iranian government agreed to supply the Major General's conspirators with Bren machine guns, PPsh-41 guns, and several Daimler armoured cars, disguised as donations to the Jordanian Army from excess Iranian stockpiles - as Iran has significantly cut off the military budget.

Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources

The Ministry has announced an US$ 2 million worth of Phospate and Petroleum support package to be exported to Germany, in support of rebuilding and boosting the German industry following a month of recession. The Iranian Government looks into further partnership and investment between Germany and Iran. Meanwhile, a secret request is transmitted to the German government. The Iranian government is asking to purchase ex-WWII German submarine, frigate, tanks, and armored car blueprints.

A encrypted message is wired back to Iran, saying that blueprints for the Panzer III and IV are available, as well as VII series U-boats. Sd.Kfz. 221, 222, and 223 Armored Cars are available.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:14 pm

Libya

French forces where given the order to cross the border at 2:30 in the morning. And one hour later, the roar of engines filled the early desert morning. By 4:00 the tanks and vehicles had crossed Libyan border in absolute darkness with no border guards or soldiers to stop them as the tanks and vehicles roared through the desolate early desert morning.

By 9:30 the tanks and vehicles had arrived in the outskirts of Tripoli. At this point, the Libyan authorities knew about the French invasion, but where pretty powerless to resist the French. So half an hour later, when the French Army reached the center of Tripoli, the Libyan government aquesced to French demands.

Idris of Libya was taken to the Royal Palace of Tripoli and was hastily coronated King of Libya as a French TV and radio crew recorded the ceremony for posterity. After the coronation was complete, the French Army withdrew from Tripoli and began to head back to Tunisia, their goal having been complete sucessfully. Libya was now under the rule of a friendly monarch.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Exalted Inquellian State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Exalted Inquellian State » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:39 pm

How do we respond to the Libyan invasion?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse