NATION

PASSWORD

Cold War RP: Reboot, (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:19 pm

Monsone wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:
polarian weapons? idk man just sign a deal

and i've been talking about a real polarian-french alliance (treaty)

so...

the us continues to meddle in EUROPEAN affairs whilst polaria wants europe for europeans (essentially the Monroe Doctrine but pan-europe/a European Union)

WHY are people meddling in others' affairs? I don't meddle in Siamese/Asian affairs.

I only meddle if I absolutely need to. And even then I usually won't. But the USA just does things like this because he can and feels like it.

:clap:
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Wasi State
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:20 pm

I'm still trying to wrap me head around why Scandinavia has Saudi Arabia as a puppet, that just seems random, and all just to get into that 1950s cheap oil market, but going the pretty unnecessary extra mile of literally remotely administrating the Saudi's directly through a puppet regime.

This is arguably a worser partition than what happened with the Ottomans, I wonder what those Saudis are thinking.
Chedastan Puppet

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:22 pm

Wasi State wrote:I'm still trying to wrap me head around why Scandinavia has Saudi Arabia as a puppet, that just seems random, and all just to get into that 1950s cheap oil market, but going the pretty unnecessary extra mile of literally remotely administrating the Saudi's directly through a puppet regime.

This is arguably a worser partition than what happened with the Ottomans, I wonder what those Saudis are thinking.

Well, I have to say, they invaded because they feel like it, and they can. :p
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:22 pm

Sarderia wrote:
Monsone wrote:
I only meddle if I absolutely need to. And even then I usually won't. But the USA just does things like this because he can and feels like it.

The safety of the US oil supply and concerning the world's 2nd largest oil reserves sure does "feel like it" enough to sent fleets into the Middle East.

Then again, why would Bush and Obama invade Iraq and Afghanistan? They don't do that because they "feel like it", they did that because both are hotbeds of radicalism, and Iraq in particular holds a massive oil reserve.

bush was a warmonger

and obama continued bush's policies (i won't argue about the dronestriking thing, that was pretty based) and then did Strategic Patience in DPRK and Iran.

Don't be a warmonger unless you want Polaria/France to come after you, my man.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:23 pm

Sarderia wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:

so...

the us continues to meddle in EUROPEAN affairs whilst polaria wants europe for europeans (essentially the Monroe Doctrine but pan-europe/a European Union)

WHY are people meddling in others' affairs? I don't meddle in Siamese/Asian affairs.

Let us not forget that the US finished the German Empire in WWI during the Meuse-Argonne Offensive, contributed the largest number of soldiers during D-Day and the subsequent liberation of Europe (most importantly France) and helped the European economy with thw Marshall Plan.

Where was Polaria that time?

And let's not forget that the US basically relied of French weapons in WW1, or the fact that the French Resistance made the lives of many allied soldiers easier by harassing German troops, or the fact that all of Metropolitan France fell to Germany yet the French fought on. Or most importantly, that France was the biggest help to the USA in gaining independence. Without France, you would have ended up like Canada.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:25 pm

Sarderia wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:

so...

Let us not forget that the US finished the German Empire in WWI during the Meuse-Argonne Offensive, contributed the largest number of soldiers during D-Day and the subsequent liberation of Europe (most importantly France) and helped the European economy with thw Marshall Plan.

dude

polaria was an Allied member

and aside from that, I'm not sure about WWI. Maybe we were recovering from the Revolution. I don't have lore around that cause I feel like that's not an important plot element

spying on Polarians is

Polaria not leaving Arabia is (note that i got in Arabia during the Rashidi Crisis/War-on-Terror and i never RPed leaving em, so...)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:27 pm

Sarderia wrote:
Wasi State wrote:I'm still trying to wrap me head around why Scandinavia has Saudi Arabia as a puppet, that just seems random, and all just to get into that 1950s cheap oil market, but going the pretty unnecessary extra mile of literally remotely administrating the Saudi's directly through a puppet regime.

Well, I have to say, they invaded because they feel like it, and they can. :p

By that logic I'd be navally invading every single goddamn untouched corner of the map for the sake of renaming South Africa to the Southern Hemisphere, despite both the logistical and diplomatic problems associated with that. And the fact it'll tank my economy and likely lead to civil unrest and a eventual violent collapse of such a hastily constructed empire with zero planning put into it.
Last edited by Wasi State on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chedastan Puppet

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:29 pm

Wasi State wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Well, I have to say, they invaded because they feel like it, and they can. :p

By that logic I'd be navally invading every single goddamn untouched corner of the map for the sake of renaming South Africa to the Southern Hemisphere, despite both the logistical and diplomatic problems associated with that. And that fact it'll tank my economy and likely lead to civil unrest and a eventual violent collapse of such a hastily constructed empire with zero planning put into it.

by that 'logic,' i'd have full will to invade Liberia and establish colonies again just to "take the oyl"

tho idgaf about oil (or atleast not as much as the US/American Empire, i don't have an oil fetish)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:30 pm

Sarderia wrote:
Monsone wrote:

The safety of the US oil supply and concerning the world's 2nd largest oil reserves sure does "feel like it" enough to sent fleets into the Middle East.

Then again, why would Bush and Obama invade Iraq and Afghanistan? They don't do that because they "feel like it", they did that because both are hotbeds of radicalism, and Iraq in particular holds a massive oil reserve.

You claim to have so much of your own oil, why do you need the Middle East? You said that your oil was more than enough to support your nation.

Also, Afghanistan was a bad idea since all it was for was to kill rebels that Pakistan had funded that then went rouge. And Iraq was litteraly just for oil. Sadam Hussein was a horrible dictator, but the USA gave him WMDs and let him get away with gasing the Kurds. Why didn't we invade him when he did that? Because of oil and the fact that Iraq was fighting Iran.

Face it, the USA in this RP doesn’t care about the people on the ground. It only cares for it's own greedy interests. Even if it means betraying and being rude to ones allies. At least the IRL USA cared about its allies and cherished them.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:32 pm

Hypercapital wrote:
Sarderia wrote:The safety of the US oil supply and concerning the world's 2nd largest oil reserves sure does "feel like it" enough to sent fleets into the Middle East.

bush was a warmonger

and obama continued bush's policies (i won't argue about the dronestriking thing, that was pretty based) and then did Strategic Patience in DPRK and Iran.

Every American President has been interfering in other nation's affairs since Franklin Delano Roosevelt. And I'm not going to make America isolationist again.

You are welcome to test the American arsenal, and you could bring up France as well. France might not feel like it though. Their economy is dependent on US help.
Monsone wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Let us not forget that the US finished the German Empire in WWI during the Meuse-Argonne Offensive, contributed the largest number of soldiers during D-Day and the subsequent liberation of Europe (most importantly France) and helped the European economy with thw Marshall Plan.

And let's not forget that the US basically relied of French weapons in WW1, or the fact that the French Resistance made the lives of many allied soldiers easier by harassing German troops, or the fact that all of Metropolitan France fell to Germany yet the French fought on. Or most importantly, that France was the biggest help to the USA in gaining independence. Without France, you would have ended up like Canada.

America has no business at all in helping European powers, yet they helped them anyway. If not because of the Lusitania sinking (that carried many Americans) and the Zimmerman telegram the US wouldn't even bother to help Europe. The Republicans urged Woodrow Wilson to help the Entente. Yet the US still went to war, and assured the Entente's victory.

I wouldn't deny the French contribution to the American Revolution. It is in fact why I want to pursue better relations between France and the US, but in order to do so, you can't agitate the Americans by helping Scandinavia take over Saudi Arabia, an area of concern for the US historically.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:33 pm

Monsone wrote:
Sarderia wrote:The safety of the US oil supply and concerning the world's 2nd largest oil reserves sure does "feel like it" enough to sent fleets into the Middle East.

You claim to have so much of your own oil, why do you need the Middle East? You said that your oil was more than enough to support your nation.

Also, Afghanistan was a bad idea since all it was for was to kill rebels that Pakistan had funded that then went rouge. And Iraq was litteraly just for oil. Sadam Hussein was a horrible dictator, but the USA gave him WMDs and let him get away with gasing the Kurds. Why didn't we invade him when he did that? Because of oil and the fact that Iraq was fighting Iran.

Face it, the USA in this RP doesn’t care about the people on the ground. It only cares for it's own greedy interests. Even if it means betraying and being rude to ones allies. At least the IRL USA cared about its allies and cherished them.

There you have the answer. I'm bringing George Bush half a century early.
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:34 pm

Monsone wrote:

wellsaid, france

(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:35 pm

Sarderia wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:
bush was a warmonger

Every American President has been interfering in other nation's affairs since Franklin Delano Roosevelt. And I'm not going to make America isolationist again.

You are welcome to test the American arsenal, and you could bring up France as well. France might not feel like it though. Their economy is dependent on US help.
Monsone wrote:

America has no business at all in helping European powers, yet they helped them anyway. If not because of the Lusitania sinking (that carried many Americans) and the Zimmerman telegram the US wouldn't even bother to help Europe. The Republicans urged Woodrow Wilson to help the Entente. Yet the US still went to war, and assured the Entente's victory.

I wouldn't deny the French contribution to the American Revolution. It is in fact why I want to pursue better relations between France and the US, but in order to do so, you can't agitate the Americans by helping Scandinavia take over Saudi Arabia, an area of concern for the US historically.

Whatever. As long as I get tourists and my exports remain stable, I should be fine. Now time to develop weird tech like the Aerotrain and the Citroen DS.
Mohn-sohn-eh

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:36 pm

Monsone wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Every American President has been interfering in other nation's affairs since Franklin Delano Roosevelt. And I'm not going to make America isolationist again.

Whatever. As long as I get tourists and my exports remain stable, I should be fine. Now time to develop weird tech like the Aerotrain and the Citroen DS.

i'm buying what you're sellin

:lol:
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:37 pm

i think i was too reliant on factory/manufacturing/Industrialism

I still want Polaria to be heavily urban, but I may need to do stuff like focus on being Europa's Breadbasket (much like Madagascar is essentially being Rhodesia)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:37 pm

Hypercapital wrote:
Monsone wrote:

Still got to wait three years though.
Mohn-sohn-eh

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:38 pm

Monsone wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:

kay-kay

and how about la francophonie? i'll ask about it IC-ly but i just wanted to make sure you were still doing that
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:39 pm

Hypercapital wrote:
Monsone wrote:

kay-kay

and how about la francophonie? i'll ask about it IC-ly but i just wanted to make sure you were still doing that

Yep. Still doing that.
Last edited by Monsone on Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:44 pm

Hypercapital wrote:i think i was too reliant on factory/manufacturing/Industrialism

I still want Polaria to be heavily urban, but I may need to do stuff like focus on being Europa's Breadbasket (much like Madagascar is essentially being Rhodesia)

I mean Rhodesia is independent now, so make it two breadbaskets in Africa already. :p
Chedastan Puppet

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:53 pm

Wasi State wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:i think i was too reliant on factory/manufacturing/Industrialism

I mean Rhodesia is independent now, so make it two breadbaskets in Africa already. :p

(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:00 pm

Odd, today has been awfully quiet, could've sworn this thread was going at a rapid pace daily up until now, but honestly what do I know.
Chedastan Puppet

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:06 pm

Wasi State wrote:Odd, today has been awfully quiet, could've sworn this thread was going at a rapid pace daily up until now, but honestly what do I know.

I know, right?
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:39 pm

tbh i'd rather take silence than having an autistic debate over my country's lore
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:40 pm

Hypercapital wrote:tbh i'd rather take silence than having an autistic debate over my country's lore

Don't jinx it.
Mohn-sohn-eh

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:55 am

Monsone wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:tbh i'd rather take silence than having an autistic debate over my country's lore

Don't jinx it.

Thank you. I won't. 8)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse