NATION

PASSWORD

Cold War RP: Reboot, (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:27 pm

Sarderia wrote:Okay, I kinda want to maintain neutral relations to France atm, but I stated a "dumping" economic practice against France in my recent post. Actually it's done to support Germany, which wanted to be the no 1 industrial producer in Europe - Germany dumped goods in Europe while Iran sent extremely cheap products everywhere in the world to outcompete the French products. But I kinda don't want a French outburst regarding that, so should I remove it?

I can hold Germany hostage with the EETC making them choose between the EETC and OPEC and Iran. And that would be a tough decision for Germany to make.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:33 pm

Monsone wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Okay, I kinda want to maintain neutral relations to France atm, but I stated a "dumping" economic practice against France in my recent post. Actually it's done to support Germany, which wanted to be the no 1 industrial producer in Europe - Germany dumped goods in Europe while Iran sent extremely cheap products everywhere in the world to outcompete the French products. But I kinda don't want a French outburst regarding that, so should I remove it?

I can hold Germany hostage with the EETC making them choose between the EETC and OPEC and Iran. And that would be a tough decision for Germany to make.

well at least they have Great Britain and Poland.

Regardless, I shall remove the dumping part. It would harm my bid to procure that French blueprints in the future.
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Draos
Minister

Founded: May 25, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Draos » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:45 pm

Does 2 irl days sound good for the Scandinavian troops to reach the Finnish border?
Prime Minister and former Foreign Minister of Union of Free Nations
Draosians are a species of Gigantic Reptilian extra-terrestrials resembling Bipedal monitor lizards standing at an average of 8 feet tall and weighing around 450 pounds

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018

Postby Bolslania » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:49 pm

Monsone wrote:So, point of clarification, can we RP the factions we support in the Soviet/Russian Civil War?

As Co-op I say sure as of right now, but FWM has the final say on that.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:50 pm

Draos wrote:Does 2 irl days sound good for the Scandinavian troops to reach the Finnish border?

1 IRL day= 1 in game month. So take that into consideration.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:51 pm

Monsone wrote:

And it would be bad for you if I chose Iran and OPEC. Because you'd lose your discounts on my equipment, industry, materials, and any access to my nuclear program.

Not as a threat, but you might want to choose something else to blackmail me with.

BTW, I'm not completely cutting you like Iran is, I'm just going to produce a shitload of my stuff to compete with you.
Last edited by Bolslania on Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:59 pm

Bolslania wrote:
Monsone wrote:I can hold Germany hostage with the EETC making them choose between the EETC and OPEC and Iran. And that would be a tough decision for Germany to make.

And it would be bad for you if I chose Iran and OPEC. Because you'd lose your discounts on my equipment, industry, materials, and any access to my nuclear program.

Not as a threat, but you might want to choose something else to blackmail me with.

BTW, I'm not completely cutting you like Iran is, I'm just going to produce a shitload of my stuff to compete with you.

Gues I'll have to invade somewhere for oil at this rate as to barely kerp up with demand. Also, why would you choose Iran? All they have that you need is oil. I guet the doing buisness to aquire oil part, but why would Germany just give up on Europe and the EETC? It would cut Germany out of a large chunk of the European market and would harm Getman exports in doing so.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:05 pm

Bolslania wrote:
Draos wrote:Does 2 irl days sound good for the Scandinavian troops to reach the Finnish border?

1 IRL day= 1 in game month. So take that into consideration.

A month sounds like it'd be enough time for them to either negotiate for a Peaceful annexation or the forces to be in place.
Draosians are a species of Gigantic Reptilian extra-terrestrials resembling Bipedal monitor lizards standing at an average of 8 feet tall and weighing around 450 pounds

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:14 pm

Monsone wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

Gues I'll have to invade somewhere for oil at this rate as to barely kerp up with demand. Also, why would you choose Iran? All they have that you need is oil. I guet the doing buisness to aquire oil part, but why would Germany just give up on Europe and the EETC? It would cut Germany out of a large chunk of the European market and would harm Getman exports in doing so.

I have not once said I'm leaving the EETC. That's you saying you're going to blackmail me with it.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:27 pm

Bolslania wrote:
Monsone wrote:

I have not once said I'm leaving the EETC. That's you saying you're going to blackmail me with it.

Well regardless, it's an outdated policy now. Iran and it's geopolitics are a bit of an afterthought now that I found the perfect source of oil for not just France and Italy, but all of Europe.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:28 pm

Monsone wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

Well regardless, it's an outdated policy now. Iran and it's geopolitics are a bit of an afterthought now that I found the perfect source of oil for not just France and Italy, but all of Europe.

Well I'm not buying all of my oil from you, I'm going to buy some from you, and some from OPEC as well

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:30 pm

I don't know who I import oil from since Norway doesn't discover it's own oil until 1963 or so

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:37 pm

Bolslania wrote:
Monsone wrote:

Well I'm not buying all of my oil from you, I'm going to buy some from you, and some from OPEC as well

That's completely fine.
Last edited by Monsone on Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Exalted Inquellian State
Senator

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Exalted Inquellian State » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:43 pm

hello, France. Invading Libya, aren't we?
My Kaiserreich Cold War RP-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=507613&sid=a338bded6a6009aba44e8b2d0d1d04c4
My Kaiserreich/The Burning Sun German Empire Political Roleplay-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=514195&sid=fd8a29ac7c4e1a97e9bc4266e116a56f

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:49 pm

Exalted Inquellian State wrote:hello, France. Invading Libya, aren't we?

What the shit? I’m away for a few hours and you decide to invade Libya?
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:49 pm

Invading Libya? Not really. It's more so regime change for beneficial reasons like oil.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:51 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:

What the shit? I’m away for a few hours and you decide to invade Libya?

Well I need oil, so I just improvised, adapted, and the overcame by deciding to invade the poorest part of North Africa to instal a dictator who will supply France, the EETC, and NATO with oil
Mohn-sohn-eh

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:52 pm

France is the new USA confirmed.

Exalted Inquellian State
Senator

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Exalted Inquellian State » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:53 pm

Monsone wrote:

Invading Libya? Not really. It's more so regime change for beneficial reasons like oil.

And you claim to be altruistic. You got yourself into this mess by supporting the Tsarists. Now you invade Libya because a country with a desert as it's main view is doing better economically than you will for a year.
My Kaiserreich Cold War RP-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=507613&sid=a338bded6a6009aba44e8b2d0d1d04c4
My Kaiserreich/The Burning Sun German Empire Political Roleplay-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=514195&sid=fd8a29ac7c4e1a97e9bc4266e116a56f

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:03 pm

Exalted Inquellian State wrote:
Monsone wrote:Invading Libya? Not really. It's more so regime change for beneficial reasons like oil.

And you claim to be altruistic. You got yourself into this mess by supporting the Tsarists. Now you invade Libya because a country with a desert as it's main view is doing better economically than you will for a year.

This point makes no sense, but let me explain. If Iran and OPEC are going to play bully with France, the side effects look like this. Also, Libya doesn't so much do well as it's GDP has weird growth rates that are erratic thanks to the constantly changing price of oil. I belive in 1947 the Libyan GDP grew by 42%, but that was because of oil prices and not the country necessarily getting richer.
Last edited by Monsone on Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:04 pm

Exalted Inquellian State wrote:
Monsone wrote:Invading Libya? Not really. It's more so regime change for beneficial reasons like oil.

I never supported th Tsarists. You did. I supported the USSR and now I support a democratic Russia (Free Russia anybody?).
Mohn-sohn-eh

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:10 pm

Monsone wrote:
Exalted Inquellian State wrote:And you claim to be altruistic. You got yourself into this mess by supporting the Tsarists. Now you invade Libya because a country with a desert as it's main view is doing better economically than you will for a year.

I never supported th Tsarists. You did. I supported the USSR and now I support a democratic Russia (Free Russia anybody?).

As long as I can take Estonia.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:13 pm

Draos wrote:
Monsone wrote:

As long as I can take Estonia.

Why?
Mohn-sohn-eh

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:17 pm

Monsone wrote:
Draos wrote:As long as I can take Estonia.

Why?

Reform the Swedish empire because why not

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:18 pm

Draos wrote:
Monsone wrote:
Why?

Reform the Swedish empire because why not

Alright, the Baltics can go. But I think that's the extent of land that Russia would be willing to give up.
Last edited by Monsone on Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mohn-sohn-eh

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse