NATION

PASSWORD

Cold War RP: Reboot, (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:00 am

Hypercapital wrote:I'd also argue for Crimea's independence.

I don't care if Putin and The Ukraine would get pissed. I'm looking at real ethnic groups versus fake ones, or fake nationalities (like South Korean v. North Korean, when Korea should be Korea and not split.)

The first sensible thing you've said.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Wasi State
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:24 am

Sarderia wrote:@TWCC and @Wasi State, since the US already announced interest in OPEC and having an alliance with Britain, would you like to receive further US investments (and arms sales)?

Yes that'll be great, and as TWCC also added, some nuclear reactor schematics would also be excellent.

I'll get to a post later about the Treaty of Pretoria.

Note of territory changes when we get around to an updated map for OP's sake include:

-An independent Southern Rhodesia, joint guaranteed by South Africa and the DRA.

-And a South African owned treaty port and naval base in Cabinda, think African Hong Kong.
Chedastan Puppet

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:29 am

Hypercapital wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Sound like what a Nazi would say.

Look who's the SJW now, accusing me of being an IRL Nas. That's shameful.

You called me shameful for pointing out the clearly racist comment of yours? Wow, exceptional.
I'm not an SJW, instead I'd identify my political position as Conservative-Libertarian. I disagree with SJWs. However, your post was clearly racist and breaking site rules.
Draos wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:WHAT YOU ARE DOING AFFECTS THE UNITED STATES

NOT DIRECTLY THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN RP AN INTERVENTION IS IF IT AFFECTS YOU DIRECTLY. like if the US invaded Great Britain who Scandinavia trades with heavily does that mean I can intervene in the situation? NO it's none of my dang business my nation is not part of it in any way shape or form.

Okay, I need to address this somehow.
1) What you're doing concerns the US because we got the oil shipments from ME, and we have pressing concern about non-NATO interference in ME. Therefore the US immediately put up that declaration - however, that did not apply to Scandinavia only. Other neutral powers, or WP/USSR if they try to subvert the status quo in ME, will be met with US retaliation.

2) I can do whatever I want as long as I feel the US have the need to, and as long as it fits the rule outlined by OP. For example, if Kazakhstan got to war with Uzbekistan, the US could interfere if they want to.
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:30 am

Sarderia wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:
Look who's the SJW now, accusing me of being an IRL Nas. That's shameful.

You called me shameful for pointing out the clearly racist comment of yours? Wow, exceptional.
I'm not an SJW, instead I'd identify my political position as Conservative-Libertarian. I disagree with SJWs. However, your post was clearly racist and breaking site rules.
Draos wrote:NOT DIRECTLY THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN RP AN INTERVENTION IS IF IT AFFECTS YOU DIRECTLY. like if the US invaded Great Britain who Scandinavia trades with heavily does that mean I can intervene in the situation? NO it's none of my dang business my nation is not part of it in any way shape or form.

1) What you're doing concerns the US because we got the oil shipments from ME, and we have pressing concern about non-NATO interference in ME. Therefore the US immediately put up that declaration - however, that did not apply to Scandinavia only. Other neutral powers, or WP/USSR if they try to subvert the status quo in ME, will be met with US retaliation.

2) I can do whatever I want as long as I feel the US have the need to, and as long as it fits the rule outlined by OP. For example, if Kazakhstan got to war with Uzbekistan, the US could interfere if they want to.

It seems that SJW just means "anything I don't like that's even vaguely left of the Nazis"

Also, I think the word you're looking for is paleolibertarian.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:32 am

Wasi State wrote:
Sarderia wrote:@TWCC and @Wasi State, since the US already announced interest in OPEC and having an alliance with Britain, would you like to receive further US investments (and arms sales)?

Yes that'll be great, and as TWCC also added, some nuclear reactor schematics would also be excellent.

Note of territory changes when we get around to an updated map for OP's sake include:

-An independent Southern Rhodesia, joint guaranteed by South Africa and the DRA.

-And a South African owned treaty port and naval base in Cabinda, think African Hong Kong.

First, the DoE must know what DRA and South Africa is going to use nuclear for. We are willing to provide Nuclear Power Plant schematics - given it could be a mutual agreement because both DRA and SA has ample supplies of uranium that the US needs - however, atomic bombs are going to be harder to procure.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:35 am

Sarderia wrote:
Wasi State wrote:Yes that'll be great, and as TWCC also added, some nuclear reactor schematics would also be excellent.

First, the DoE must know what DRA and South Africa is going to use nuclear for. We are willing to provide Nuclear Power Plant schematics - given it could be a mutual agreement because both DRA and SA has ample supplies of uranium that the US needs - however, atomic bombs are going to be harder to procure.

As I said, we want nuclear REACTOR blueprints. We don't need nuclear bomb blueprints.
Please Watch

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:37 am

Sarderia wrote:
Wasi State wrote:Yes that'll be great, and as TWCC also added, some nuclear reactor schematics would also be excellent.

Can I have american investments?

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:40 am

Sarderia wrote:First, the DoE must know what DRA and South Africa is going to use nuclear for. We are willing to provide Nuclear Power Plant schematics - given it could be a mutual agreement because both DRA and SA has ample supplies of uranium that the US needs - however, atomic bombs are going to be harder to procure.

Definitely for energy purposes on South Africa's part, IC wise they just struck a harmonizing deal with their biggest neighboring competitor and will likely be moving to focus on the economy for the foreseeable future. Malan ain't gonna jeopardize a nuclear energy deal if he knows for a fact he can play it cool now given that things have subsided with the DRA.
Chedastan Puppet

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:42 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Sarderia wrote:You called me shameful for pointing out the clearly racist comment of yours? Wow, exceptional.

It seems that SJW just means "anything I don't like that's even vaguely left of the Nazis"

That is perhaps the term I'll use. Regardless, condoning racism is unacceptable in this thread.
Sarderia wrote:First, the DoE must know what DRA and South Africa is going to use nuclear for. We are willing to provide Nuclear Power Plant schematics - given it could be a mutual agreement because both DRA and SA has ample supplies of uranium that the US needs - however, atomic bombs are going to be harder to procure.

As I said, we want nuclear REACTOR blueprints. We don't need nuclear bomb blueprints.

Romextly wrote:

Hmm, maybe joining OPEC has its merits after all.

We are willing to sell both SA and the DRA nuclear reactor schematics, s well as American engineers paid, in return for a trade agreement concerning minerals (and American investment).
Romextly wrote:

You'll have to specify what kind of investments.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:44 am

Sarderia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:It seems that SJW just means "anything I don't like that's even vaguely left of the Nazis"

That is perhaps the term I'll use. Regardless, condoning racism is unacceptable in this thread.
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:As I said, we want nuclear REACTOR blueprints. We don't need nuclear bomb blueprints.

Romextly wrote:Can I have american investments?

We are willing to sell both SA and the DRA nuclear reactor schematics, s well as American engineers paid, in return for a trade agreement concerning minerals (and American investment).

Investments in mining our uranium

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:45 am

Investments make the world go around so I'm game.
Chedastan Puppet

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:47 am

Romextly wrote:
Sarderia wrote:That is perhaps the term I'll use. Regardless, condoning racism is unacceptable in this thread.

Investments in mining our uranium

Bolivia does not have significant Uranium reserves, however it certainly does not lack in tin and silver. I imagine Arizona's Freeport-McMoran would have a great interest there.
Wasi State wrote:Investments make the world go around so I'm game.

Great, I will draft the agreement later.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:53 am

Sarderia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:It seems that SJW just means "anything I don't like that's even vaguely left of the Nazis"

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:As I said, we want nuclear REACTOR blueprints. We don't need nuclear bomb blueprints.

Of course, friend. We will be very happy.
Please Watch

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:06 am

Sarderia wrote:

I'm not gonna argue my point; however, I didn't say anything racist about Polish people. I am merely talking about the country.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:08 am

Sarderia wrote:You called me shameful for pointing out the clearly racist comment of yours? Wow, exceptional.

I got called Nas when I just disagreed with made-up countries and nationstates. SJWs call everyone they dislike a "Nazi."

Automatically, by pulling that card, you've evoked/invoked Godwin's Law. Therefore, the "debate" was won by me.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:13 am

Hypercapital wrote:

I got called Nas when I just disagreed with made-up countries and nationstates. SJWs call everyone they dislike a "Nazi."

Automatically, by pulling that card, you've evoked/invoked Godwin's Law. Therefore, the "debate" was won by me.

Godwin's Law isn't a fallacy, but that is. It's the fallacy fallacy.
Please Watch

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:33 am

Sarderia wrote:
Draos wrote:I'd be using the french navy as transports which me and France agreed to before Saderia started butting in saying I can't do it because he's now the US and he thinks he's now the only one whose entitled to the middle east and doesn't want his precious Iran's hegemony in the area taken.

I will make the official demands in IC soon. If you don't agree with the 4 terms we will still block the French Navy carrying Scandinavian troops.

@Monsone, if you are still helping Scandinavia (if they disregarded the US warning) then the US would not see the French claim to Iraq and North Kuwait as legitimate. Do not help Scandinavia if they refused the terms.

Too bad I'm using comercial vessels for the purpose. Stopping them would ruin the Freedom of Navigation you almost bombed France over. And if you sink a French civilian vessel, there will be UN sanctions.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:35 am

Wasi State wrote:

Definitely for energy purposes on South Africa's part, IC wise they just struck a harmonizing deal with their biggest neighboring competitor and will likely be moving to focus on the economy for the foreseeable future. Malan ain't gonna jeopardize a nuclear energy deal if he knows for a fact he can play it cool now given that things have subsided with the DRA.

Hey South Africa, I can sell you a nuclear reactor for $1.5 million, no questions asked. And I don't care what you use it for.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:37 am

Monsone wrote:
Sarderia wrote:I will make the official demands in IC soon. If you don't agree with the 4 terms we will still block the French Navy carrying Scandinavian troops.

@Monsone, if you are still helping Scandinavia (if they disregarded the US warning) then the US would not see the French claim to Iraq and North Kuwait as legitimate. Do not help Scandinavia if they refused the terms.

Too bad I'm using comercial vessels for the purpose. Stopping them would ruin the Freedom of Navigation you almost bombed France over. And if you sink a French civilian vessel, there will be UN sanctions.

Wait, US almost bombed France?

What the hell?
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:38 am

If war broke out w/ France and the US, I'd take France's side any day. I tried to ally the US, but the US is essentially a failedstate with commies all over their backyard.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:43 am

Monsone wrote:
Wasi State wrote:Definitely for energy purposes on South Africa's part, IC wise they just struck a harmonizing deal with their biggest neighboring competitor and will likely be moving to focus on the economy for the foreseeable future. Malan ain't gonna jeopardize a nuclear energy deal if he knows for a fact he can play it cool now given that things have subsided with the DRA.

Hey South Africa, I can sell you a nuclear reactor for $1.5 million, no questions asked. And I don't care what you use it for.

We'll take it.
Please Watch

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:44 am

So we have all this arguing about a simple suspicious action in the IC forum?

I would side with Sarderia in this argument, but it should be noted that the only reason this argument happened in the first place was when Sarderia decided to interact with SA right after plans to invade were set in stone. This prompts a reasonable suspicion of metagame (the act of using OOC information or secret IC information to your advantage). It's hard for these two things to occur adjacent to one another and it not be a coincidence, unless there was already RP posts attempting to establish relations. Of course, all suspicion could be removed if Sarderia is able to prove from a realistic standpoint that he found out IC-ly a plot to invade SA. Perhaps a CIA operative could have caught on to Scandinavia planning an invasion. But then again, no one likes it when secret IC information is used against them by another nation without any sort of preparation or process done to get that information. When attempting to portray espionage in an RP, it's best to do it like how Germany did it with Polaria: actually following the footsteps and the process of Germany's agents infiltrating Polaria's government and how it proceeded to get the information Polaria keeps secret.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:46 am

Hypercapital wrote:
Monsone wrote:

What the hell?

Yep. They also wanted ro bomb the Suez Canal in the name of Freedom of Navigation. That would f*ck up Freedom of Navigation through the Suez Canal from anywhere between two and five years depending on the damage done (if a ship is sunk in the canal, well, the world is screwed).And then the US threatened to sink French civilian ships. Seems like the US lost it's morality in this RP pretty early on and is quite comfortable committing war crimes.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:47 am

Monsone wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:

What the hell?

Yep. They also wanted ro bomb the Suez Canal in the name of Freedom of Navigation. That would f*ck up Freedom of Navigation through the Suez Canal from anywhere between two and five years depending on the damage done (if a ship is sunk in the canal, well, the world is screwed).And then the US threatened to sink French civilian ships. Seems like the US lost it's morality in this RP pretty early on and is quite comfortable committing war crimes.

Need I mention again that America is an empire in this RP?

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:47 am

Monsone wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:

What the hell?

Yup. They've lost their minds.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse