NATION

PASSWORD

Cold War RP: Reboot, (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:02 am

Sarderia wrote:@TWCC and @Wasi State, since the US already announced interest in OPEC and having an alliance with Britain, would you like to receive further US investments (and arms sales)?

Yes please. Give us nuclear reactor blueprints and we'll take off all tariffs on US trade.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:04 am

Monsone wrote:So who wants to join the anti-OPEC? Basically, the view is oil is a basic human necessity for the time being, so OPEC's price gouging and restrictions harm the interests of oil importing nations. I was thinking of calling it the Global Hydrocarbon Alliance. The one requirement for membership? To not be an OPEC member.

Oil importing nations. If you're a bloc of oil importing nations, you can't do shit against OPEC.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:13 am

Draos wrote:Also this is not your Territory to control or give away as you please if OP is agree with me puppeting it which they were there when me and monsone were first talking about there is NOTHING you can say or do to stop me from taking it. You can only negotiate for territory YOU directly control not NPC nations and you can't force NPC nations into alliances to prevent other people from taking them. That's actual cheating.

Look, before you got to puppet SA, you need to invade them first. And Saudi Arabia is protected by the USA (I have posted ICly). The US declared unilaterally that SA is under US protection (note that it is signed by Truman alone, not the ruler of SA). There is no way the US would let Scandinavia to invade SA without passing the US military.

If you feel like you can beat the military that propelled Victory in Europe (while both Denmark and Norway get wrecked by Germany for example) then you're free to do so. You can't just rp some dudes talking and then got to puppet SA, without launching an invasion first.
Last edited by Sarderia on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:15 am

Draos wrote:
Sarderia wrote:So I have one more term that I forgot to place: Saudi Arabia will remain a Monarchy, under the joint mandate of U.S.A. and Scandinavia.

France, the USA will back you up (CIA and US military) in the invasion of Iraq and Kuwait. We will also continue the Marshall Plan even if the Russian civil war happens. Just don't aid Scandinavia.

Now you're just making up reasons so you don't have to allow me to invade because you're giving me conditions you know I won't agree to. You have stated your conditions you can not change them now just to try and get me to either back out or get something out of it yourself. The only conditions that apply to this deal are the Original 3 you can't add more after the fact just because you feel you can.

Either you take it or you fight the US military.

Draos
Minister

Founded: May 25, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Draos » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:17 am

Sarderia wrote:
Draos wrote:Also this is not your Territory to control or give away as you please if OP is agree with me puppeting it which they were there when me and monsone were first talking about there is NOTHING you can say or do to stop me from taking it. You can only negotiate for territory YOU directly control not NPC nations and you can't force NPC nations into alliances to prevent other people from taking them. That's actual cheating.

Lord, here comes the "noo you can't just thwart my dreams to invade Arabia, you cheat yadda yadda" thing.

Look, before you got to puppet SA, you need to invade them first. And Saudi Arabia is protected by the USA (I have posted ICly). The US declared unilaterally that SA is under US protection (note that it is signed by Truman alone, not the ruler of SA). There is no way the US would let Scandinavia to invade SA without passing the US military.

If you feel like you can beat the military that propelled Victory in Europe (while both Denmark and Norway get wrecked by Germany for example) then you're free to do so. You can't just rp some dudes talking and then got to puppet SA, without launching an invasion first. That's basic roleplay common sense.

No . You can't do that 1. you didn't even rp any form of negotiation first thus making that post void because you controlled the NPC nation unilaterally 2. you actually think anyone cares about your justifications at this point? you are in the wrong here you cheated and no one is going to take your warning seriously and attempts to do anything will be ignored. because at the very least in my mind it's not valid because you don't control Saudi Arabia and you forced them into an alliance to prevent someone else from taking it because you're selfish and petty.
Prime Minister and former Foreign Minister of Union of Free Nations
Draosians are a species of Gigantic Reptilian extra-terrestrials resembling Bipedal monitor lizards standing at an average of 8 feet tall and weighing around 450 pounds

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:17 am

Sarderia wrote:
Draos wrote:Now you're just making up reasons so you don't have to allow me to invade because you're giving me conditions you know I won't agree to. You have stated your conditions you can not change them now just to try and get me to either back out or get something out of it yourself. The only conditions that apply to this deal are the Original 3 you can't add more after the fact just because you feel you can.

Either you take it or you fight the US military.

I'mma take Saudi and not agree to your post because it's god mod and therefore void.
Draosians are a species of Gigantic Reptilian extra-terrestrials resembling Bipedal monitor lizards standing at an average of 8 feet tall and weighing around 450 pounds

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:21 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Sarderia wrote:@TWCC and @Wasi State, since the US already announced interest in OPEC and having an alliance with Britain, would you like to receive further US investments (and arms sales)?

Yes please. Give us nuclear reactor blueprints and we'll take off all tariffs on US trade.

That might be a thing the US would do. I will look forward for greater cooperation between DRA and US.

On further note, I think I will withdraw the US interest in joining OPEC and focus on NATO being an economic alliance (in addition to military pact).
Draos wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Either you take it or you fight the US military.

I'mma take Saudi and not agree to your post because it's god mod and therefore void.

1) True, I never RPed any negotiation. The US is basically declaring the whole Middle East under US protection unilaterally. Regardless of each NPC nations' position. Mess with the Middle East and you mess with the US.

2) How are you going to take control of Saudi Arabia without any military force?
Draos wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Either you take it or you fight the US military.

Well then, if you insist, I would resort to level your cities to the ground.

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:22 am

Sarderia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Yes please. Give us nuclear reactor blueprints and we'll take off all tariffs on US trade.

That might be a thing the US would do. I will look forward for greater cooperation between DRA and US.

On further note, I think I will withdraw the US interest in joining OPEC and focus on NATO being an economic alliance (in addition to military pact).
Draos wrote:I'mma take Saudi and not agree to your post because it's god mod and therefore void.

1) True, I never RPed any negotiation. The US is basically declaring the whole Middle East under US protection unilaterally. Regardless of each NPC nations' position. Mess with the Middle East and you mess with the US.
THAT IS GOD MODDING HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT SERIOUSLY YOU CAN'T JUST UNILATERALLY DO THAT WITHOUT THE OP'S PERMISSION

2) How are you going to take control of Saudi Arabia without any military force?
Unlike you actually RP a Negotiation to make them my puppet.
Draos wrote:I'mma take Saudi and not agree to your post because it's god mod and therefore void.

God mod and void
Last edited by Draos on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:24 am

Draos wrote:
Sarderia wrote:That might be a thing the US would do. I will look forward for greater cooperation between DRA and US.

THAT IS GOD MODDING HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT SERIOUSLY YOU CAN'T JUST UNILATERALLY DO THAT WITHOUT THE OP'S PERMISSION

God mod and void

This is just complete trolling now and I don't appreciate being trolled at. I love occassional kidding and jokes in OOC threads but I think we all despise trolling here.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:24 am

Sarderia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Yes please. Give us nuclear reactor blueprints and we'll take off all tariffs on US trade.

lets settle down.

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:25 am

Sarderia wrote:
Draos wrote:God mod and void

This is just complete trolling now and I don't appreciate being trolled at. I love occassional kidding and jokes in OOC threads but I think we all despise trolling here.

Dude you're literally the only one trolling by trying to get your own way because you don't like someone else's plans and force them to do things they don't want so they can actually participate in the RP.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:26 am

irl, a european nation would not have the means to go all across thousands of miles of ocean, and not offend a country once.

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:28 am

Romextly wrote:irl, a european nation would not have the means to go all across thousands of miles of ocean, and not offend a country once.

I'd be using the french navy as transports which me and France agreed to before Saderia started butting in saying I can't do it because he's now the US and he thinks he's now the only one whose entitled to the middle east and doesn't want his precious Iran's hegemony in the area taken.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:28 am

Draos wrote:
Romextly wrote:irl, a european nation would not have the means to go all across thousands of miles of ocean, and not offend a country once.

I'd be using the french navy as transports which me and France agreed to before Saderia started butting in saying I can't do it because he's now the US and he thinks he's now the only one whose entitled to the middle east and doesn't want his precious Iran's hegemony in the area taken.

It's free market capitalis. Let the market invade. that way, little bloodshed
Last edited by Romextly on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:29 am

Draos wrote:
Sarderia wrote:This is just complete trolling now and I don't appreciate being trolled at. I love occassional kidding and jokes in OOC threads but I think we all despise trolling here.

Dude you're literally the only one trolling by trying to get your own way because you don't like someone else's plans and force them to do things they don't want so they can actually participate in the RP.

Well then, invade somewhere else! I have said over and over if you messed with the world's 2nd largest oil reserves then there'd bound to be some consequences. Why do you think the US involved itself in countless Middle East wars IRL? The Gulf War, Syrian civil war, campaign against ISIS, and other wars. It's down to natural resources after all.

This is what I want to do things - ensuring U.S. hegemony as a superpower (as in the premise, Cold War RP.) I'm sorry if it conflicts with your goals, but the U.S. goal is to ensure non-NATO nations (France get a pass because they're on NATO) stay away from the world's largest concentration of oil reserves.

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:30 am

Sarderia wrote:
Draos wrote:Dude you're literally the only one trolling by trying to get your own way because you don't like someone else's plans and force them to do things they don't want so they can actually participate in the RP.

Well then, invade somewhere else! I have said over and over if you messed with the world's 2nd largest oil reserves then there'd bound to be some consequences. Why do you think the US involved itself in countless Middle East wars IRL? The Gulf War, Syrian civil war, campaign against ISIS, and other wars. It's down to natural resources after all.

This is what I want to do things - ensuring U.S. hegemony as a superpower (as in the premise, Cold War RP.) I'm sorry if it conflicts with your goals, but the U.S. goal is to ensure non-NATO nations (France get a pass because they're on NATO) stay away from the world's largest concentration of oil reserves.

YOU DON'T GET A SAY IN THE MATTER. THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN SAY ANYONE CAN OR CAN'T DO ANYTHING FOR NPC NATIONS IS THE OP ALONE. NO ONE CARES IF YOU'RE THE US BECAUSE HONESTLY YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A JERK.
Last edited by Draos on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:31 am

Draos wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Well then, invade somewhere else! I have said over and over if you messed with the world's 2nd largest oil reserves then there'd bound to be some consequences. Why do you think the US involved itself in countless Middle East wars IRL? The Gulf War, Syrian civil war, campaign against ISIS, and other wars. It's down to natural resources after all.

YOU DON'T GET A SAY IN THE MATTER. THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN SAY ANYONE CAN OR CAN'T DO ANYTHING FOR NPC NATIONS IS THE OP ALONE.

What do you mean?

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:32 am

Draos wrote:

I will make the official demands in IC soon. If you don't agree with the 4 terms we will still block the French Navy carrying Scandinavian troops.

@Monsone, if you are still helping Scandinavia (if they disregarded the US warning) then the US would not see the French claim to Iraq and North Kuwait as legitimate. Do not help Scandinavia if they refused the terms.

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:33 am

Sarderia wrote:
Draos wrote:I'd be using the french navy as transports which me and France agreed to before Saderia started butting in saying I can't do it because he's now the US and he thinks he's now the only one whose entitled to the middle east and doesn't want his precious Iran's hegemony in the area taken.

I will make the official demands in IC soon. If you don't agree with the 4 terms we will still block the French Navy carrying Scandinavian troops.

@Monsone, if you are still helping Scandinavia (if they disregarded the US warning) then the US would not see the French claim to Iraq and North Kuwait as legitimate. Do not help Scandinavia if they refused the terms.

you can't dictate that get out of MY plotline.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:33 am

Draos wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Well then, invade somewhere else! I have said over and over if you messed with the world's 2nd largest oil reserves then there'd bound to be some consequences. Why do you think the US involved itself in countless Middle East wars IRL? The Gulf War, Syrian civil war, campaign against ISIS, and other wars. It's down to natural resources after all.

YOU DON'T GET A SAY IN THE MATTER. THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN SAY ANYONE CAN OR CAN'T DO ANYTHING FOR NPC NATIONS IS THE OP ALONE. NO ONE CARES IF YOU'RE THE US BECAUSE HONESTLY YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A JERK.

I don't think I've said it clearly. The US declaration is unilateral.

Meaning that they're issued by the US and US alone, regardless of what NPC nations think about it.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:33 am

Draos wrote:
Sarderia wrote:I will make the official demands in IC soon. If you don't agree with the 4 terms we will still block the French Navy carrying Scandinavian troops.

Not gonna happen. Accept the 4 terms or you'll be facing an US Army contingent.

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:34 am

Romextly wrote:
Draos wrote:YOU DON'T GET A SAY IN THE MATTER. THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN SAY ANYONE CAN OR CAN'T DO ANYTHING FOR NPC NATIONS IS THE OP ALONE.

What do you mean?

Because simply put NPC nations shouldn't be allowed to be controlled by players unless either both players agree for RP purposes or the OP does it because otherwise situations like this where a player gets butthurt someone is doing something they don't like force the NPC into an alliance and under their protection and now the person who has to fight another player to continue their RP.

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:35 am

Sarderia wrote:
Draos wrote:you can't dictate that get out of MY plotline.

Not gonna happen. Accept the 4 terms or you'll be facing an US Army contingent.

YOU CAN'T ADD CONDITIONS AFTER THE FACT THAT THE OTHER PARTY DIDN'T AGREE TO THAT'S ILLEGAL . GET OUT OF MY PLOTLINE. SIMPLE AS THAT.
Last edited by Draos on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:36 am

Draos wrote:
Sarderia wrote:I will make the official demands in IC soon. If you don't agree with the 4 terms we will still block the French Navy carrying Scandinavian troops.

Draos, look at it this way. This is the cold war. There are two major sides. WP and NATO. The US goals is to beat the WP and communism, while making NATO on top. If a nation that is not aligned to NATO, tries to take a area that gives them alot of money and power, it makes sense they would do everything in their power to do that.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:38 am

Draos wrote:
Romextly wrote:What do you mean?

Because simply put NPC nations shouldn't be allowed to be controlled by players unless either both players agree for RP purposes or the OP does it because otherwise situations like this where a player gets butthurt someone is doing something they don't like force the NPC into an alliance and under their protection and now the person who has to fight another player to continue their RP.

Clarification: I do not control Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc. I have relinquished that when I apped as the US. The US issued an unilateral declaration.
Draos wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Not gonna happen. Accept the 4 terms or you'll be facing an US Army contingent.

YOU CAN'T ADD CONDITIONS AFTER THE FACT THAT'S ILLEGAL. GET OUT OF MY PLOTLINE. SIMPLE AS THAT.

Well, I haven't put the terms on IC yet... so basically I haven't enteted your plotline yet

I'm just informing you OOCly of the terms USA is going to put ICly.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse