NATION

PASSWORD

Cold War RP: Reboot, (OPEN)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
The New Greek Republic
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6355
Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Sun May 17, 2020 7:48 pm

Free Ward Marchers wrote:
Deadly Authority wrote:Country Name: Христэд итгэгч протекторат (The Christian Protectorate)
Fictional or Real: fictional
Head of State: Konstantin Pobedonostsev
Government Type: Fascist Theocracy (Orthodox Christianity)
Capital: Ulaanbaatar
GDP: $120,676,004.04 1949 money
Population: 3.17 million
Location: Mongolia
History: After the Russian communist revolution in 1917 droves of Orthodox Church officials and surviving white army members went into hiding in Mongolia only coming out of hiding (and overthrowing the barley functioning Mongolian Government) in 1944 with the intention to side with Nazi Germany however Nazi Germany was defeated before they could actually get a military.
Faction: Non-Aligned leaning N.A.T.O


Very interesting concept my dude, your accepted


no way this dude survives being sandwiched between China and Russia

Monsone wrote:Looks like Korea is getting sanctions.


what a cappie sheep
Last edited by The New Greek Republic on Sun May 17, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

User avatar
Monsone
Minister
 
Posts: 2326
Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Monsone » Sun May 17, 2020 8:34 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:
Monsone wrote:Looks like Korea is getting sanctions.


what a cappie sheep


Do realize that the USSR would probably NOT come to your aid if you provoke or attack a NATO country since that would lead to WW3. Also, be thankful it's only sanctions and nothing more at the moment.

And it seems strange that there has been no Japanese revolution yet. But I guess give it time. Empires don't last forever, that's why the French Empire was replaced with a series of departments that are equal to their metropolitan counterparts.

User avatar
Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1031
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Sun May 17, 2020 8:38 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:
Free Ward Marchers wrote:
Very interesting concept my dude, your accepted


no way this dude survives being sandwiched between China and Russia


He agreed to come to my banquet, so if he ends up being allied to me, Madagascar, Africa, and Hongma it just might be enough to ward off destruction from either china or the U.S.S.R
Meridith Brookley (I-FL)

Self described Libertarian "Socialist" with a lean towards welfare capitalism
Proud Transgender Female

User avatar
TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Diplomat
 
Posts: 617
Founded: Feb 19, 2019
Corporate Police State

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Sun May 17, 2020 9:01 pm

Monsone wrote:
The New Greek Republic wrote:

what a cappie sheep


Do realize that the USSR would probably NOT come to your aid if you provoke or attack a NATO country since that would lead to WW3. Also, be thankful it's only sanctions and nothing more at the moment.

And it seems strange that there has been no Japanese revolution yet. But I guess give it time. Empires don't last forever, that's why the French Empire was replaced with a series of departments that are equal to their metropolitan counterparts.


I was thinking about RPing as a Japanese rebellion, but I didn't know how that would have worked, but I am now thinking that I could try to RP something out if Korea would accept or the OP would.

The way I have set up my nation (Thailand) is it having become the epicenter of former Japanese soldiers who fled here due to the friendly government and the fact that if they returned to Japan which had become communist, they would have been prosecuted or killed.

The leader of the nation in the shadows is former Field Marshal Hisaichi Terauchi of the Southern Army Group, who is opposed to the Korean occupation and is seeking to build up Thailand so they could retake the country (which would be unrealistic without support) but he is also trying to see if he can smuggle some members of the extended Imperial Family (Japan over the hundreds of years have had many branch offs that have been somewhat forgotten so there are a number of people distantly related to the Imperial Family) since I read the Emperor was supposedly killed out so they can continue the line as Emperor.

So if I am allowed I would like to RP Terauchi arranging for contacts in Japan to start rebelling, causing trouble, that sort of stuff.
Last edited by TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON on Sun May 17, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A proud Conservative.
#HoldTheLine
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter

User avatar
Monsone
Minister
 
Posts: 2326
Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Monsone » Sun May 17, 2020 9:04 pm

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON wrote:
Monsone wrote:
Do realize that the USSR would probably NOT come to your aid if you provoke or attack a NATO country since that would lead to WW3. Also, be thankful it's only sanctions and nothing more at the moment.

And it seems strange that there has been no Japanese revolution yet. But I guess give it time. Empires don't last forever, that's why the French Empire was replaced with a series of departments that are equal to their metropolitan counterparts.


I was thinking about RPing as a Japanese rebellion, but I didn't know how that would have worked, but I am now thinking that I could try to RP something out if Korea would accept or the OP would.

The way I have set up my nation (Thailand) is it having become the epicenter of former Japanese soldiers who fled here due to the friendly government and the fact that if they returned to Japan which had become communist, they would have been prosecuted or killed.

The leader of the nation in the shadows is former Field Marshal Hisaichi Terauchi of the Southern Army Group, who is opposed to the Korean occupation and is seeking to build up Thailand so they could retake the country (which would be unrealistic without support) but he is also trying to see if he can smuggle some members of the extended Imperial Family (Japan over the hundreds of years have had many branch offs that have been somewhat forgotten so there are a number of people distantly related to the Imperial Family) since I read the Emperor was supposedly killed out so they can continue the line as Emperor.

So if I am allowed I would like to RP Terauchi arranging for contacts in Japan to start rebelling, causing trouble, that sort of stuff.


If that is aproved, I'll ship weapons in support.

User avatar
Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1031
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Sun May 17, 2020 9:07 pm

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON wrote:
Monsone wrote:
Do realize that the USSR would probably NOT come to your aid if you provoke or attack a NATO country since that would lead to WW3. Also, be thankful it's only sanctions and nothing more at the moment.

And it seems strange that there has been no Japanese revolution yet. But I guess give it time. Empires don't last forever, that's why the French Empire was replaced with a series of departments that are equal to their metropolitan counterparts.


I was thinking about RPing as a Japanese rebellion, but I didn't know how that would have worked, but I am now thinking that I could try to RP something out if Korea would accept or the OP would.

The way I have set up my nation (Thailand) is it having become the epicenter of former Japanese soldiers who fled here due to the friendly government and the fact that if they returned to Japan which had become communist, they would have been prosecuted or killed.

The leader of the nation in the shadows is former Field Marshal Hisaichi Terauchi of the Southern Army Group, who is opposed to the Korean occupation and is seeking to build up Thailand so they could retake the country (which would be unrealistic without support) but he is also trying to see if he can smuggle some members of the extended Imperial Family (Japan over the hundreds of years have had many branch offs that have been somewhat forgotten so there are a number of people distantly related to the Imperial Family) since I read the Emperor was supposedly killed out so they can continue the line as Emperor.

So if I am allowed I would like to RP Terauchi arranging for contacts in Japan to start rebelling, causing trouble, that sort of stuff.

you can try to incite riots in japan
Meridith Brookley (I-FL)

Self described Libertarian "Socialist" with a lean towards welfare capitalism
Proud Transgender Female

User avatar
The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7529
Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Sun May 17, 2020 9:07 pm

Monsone wrote:
TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON wrote:
I was thinking about RPing as a Japanese rebellion, but I didn't know how that would have worked, but I am now thinking that I could try to RP something out if Korea would accept or the OP would.

The way I have set up my nation (Thailand) is it having become the epicenter of former Japanese soldiers who fled here due to the friendly government and the fact that if they returned to Japan which had become communist, they would have been prosecuted or killed.

The leader of the nation in the shadows is former Field Marshal Hisaichi Terauchi of the Southern Army Group, who is opposed to the Korean occupation and is seeking to build up Thailand so they could retake the country (which would be unrealistic without support) but he is also trying to see if he can smuggle some members of the extended Imperial Family (Japan over the hundreds of years have had many branch offs that have been somewhat forgotten so there are a number of people distantly related to the Imperial Family) since I read the Emperor was supposedly killed out so they can continue the line as Emperor.

So if I am allowed I would like to RP Terauchi arranging for contacts in Japan to start rebelling, causing trouble, that sort of stuff.


If that is aproved, I'll ship weapons in support.

Same here
[_★_]_[' ]_
( -_-) (-_Q) If you understand that both Capitalism and Socialism have ideas that deserve merit, put this in your signature.
My preferred nickname is Warg
✠ (Put this in your Signature if you are a Militaristic Germanic/Prussian Nation!)
For nearly 11 years you have brought the German people into an age of disaster, evil, and corruption, no more.
Auf Wiedersehen, mein Führer, Deutschland über alles...

-Erwin Rommel, before shooting Adolf Hitler in the head
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

User avatar
Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1031
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Sun May 17, 2020 9:13 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:
Monsone wrote:
If that is aproved, I'll ship weapons in support.

Same here


you can send people (spies or something) to cause a rebellion
Meridith Brookley (I-FL)

Self described Libertarian "Socialist" with a lean towards welfare capitalism
Proud Transgender Female

User avatar
HypErcApitAl
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1644
Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sun May 17, 2020 9:15 pm

History/IC-wise, I guess the Polarian Empire did colonize those regions. I was being vague af on what the Polarian Empire even colonized, but I guess it was those regions plus some others.

That really does mess-up History, at this point, but this entire thing's an alt-hist so I assume it's okay.
(quotes)
"Only the Strongest shall survive." ~ My quote, for awhile.
"The 2A protects the First." ~ Someone.
"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

(Titles)
"Too dangerous to be left/kept alive..." ~ Mace Windu

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

User avatar
HypErcApitAl
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1644
Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sun May 17, 2020 9:16 pm

Everything's changing, alot. When I got here, this was a three-way (Capitalism v. Communism-Socialism v. Islam/Theocracy/Religion), now it's a four-way with Nationalism and/or dictatorial regimes.
(quotes)
"Only the Strongest shall survive." ~ My quote, for awhile.
"The 2A protects the First." ~ Someone.
"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

(Titles)
"Too dangerous to be left/kept alive..." ~ Mace Windu

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

User avatar
The New Greek Republic
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6355
Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Sun May 17, 2020 9:17 pm

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON wrote:
Monsone wrote:
Do realize that the USSR would probably NOT come to your aid if you provoke or attack a NATO country since that would lead to WW3. Also, be thankful it's only sanctions and nothing more at the moment.

And it seems strange that there has been no Japanese revolution yet. But I guess give it time. Empires don't last forever, that's why the French Empire was replaced with a series of departments that are equal to their metropolitan counterparts.


I was thinking about RPing as a Japanese rebellion, but I didn't know how that would have worked, but I am now thinking that I could try to RP something out if Korea would accept or the OP would.

The way I have set up my nation (Thailand) is it having become the epicenter of former Japanese soldiers who fled here due to the friendly government and the fact that if they returned to Japan which had become communist, they would have been prosecuted or killed.

The leader of the nation in the shadows is former Field Marshal Hisaichi Terauchi of the Southern Army Group, who is opposed to the Korean occupation and is seeking to build up Thailand so they could retake the country (which would be unrealistic without support) but he is also trying to see if he can smuggle some members of the extended Imperial Family (Japan over the hundreds of years have had many branch offs that have been somewhat forgotten so there are a number of people distantly related to the Imperial Family) since I read the Emperor was supposedly killed out so they can continue the line as Emperor.

So if I am allowed I would like to RP Terauchi arranging for contacts in Japan to start rebelling, causing trouble, that sort of stuff.


Again, having a militarized police force makes it hard to incite enough public support for the cause. Japan already receives a great amount of semi-autonomy but that can change quickly, have no worries.

Japan resides in an emergent economy, enjoys a pleasant way of life, maintains Japanese traditions, and is VERY much warweary after literally being obliterated just 4 years ago there shouldn’t be many people wanting more futile bloodshed. Reasons for rebellion are far and few between imo.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

User avatar
The New Greek Republic
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6355
Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Sun May 17, 2020 9:18 pm

Hypercapital wrote:Everything's changing, alot. When I got here, this was a three-way (Capitalism v. Communism-Socialism v. Islam/Theocracy/Religion), now it's a four-way with Nationalism and/or dictatorial regimes.


It’s kinda whack but fun too. It’s became a whole new game than to what it was, pretty fun story arc. WW3 is basically imminent at this point too.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

User avatar
HypErcApitAl
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1644
Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sun May 17, 2020 9:20 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:Everything's changing, alot. When I got here, this was a three-way (Capitalism v. Communism-Socialism v. Islam/Theocracy/Religion), now it's a four-way with Nationalism and/or dictatorial regimes.


It’s kinda whack but fun too. It’s became a whole new game than to what it was, pretty fun story arc. WW3 is basically imminent at this point too.


I know. I thought Polaria's lore/canon was wack, in itself. Also, everyone's claiming land, and that means at some point, I'll have to give away my African colonies (I'm playing both Polaria and Portugal, to remind you) and then those colonies get radicalized by some commies or something.
(quotes)
"Only the Strongest shall survive." ~ My quote, for awhile.
"The 2A protects the First." ~ Someone.
"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

(Titles)
"Too dangerous to be left/kept alive..." ~ Mace Windu

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

User avatar
HypErcApitAl
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1644
Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sun May 17, 2020 9:22 pm

I'm just having fun, w/ the whole Pagan thing. Plus, it's unique. No one really rps or cares about Paganism (quotations were there because people called everything that wasn't Christian "Pagan," at this point, I might not even use the quotation marks anymore since it gets annoying to type.)
(quotes)
"Only the Strongest shall survive." ~ My quote, for awhile.
"The 2A protects the First." ~ Someone.
"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

(Titles)
"Too dangerous to be left/kept alive..." ~ Mace Windu

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

User avatar
TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Diplomat
 
Posts: 617
Founded: Feb 19, 2019
Corporate Police State

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Sun May 17, 2020 9:23 pm

Free Ward Marchers wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Same here


you can send people (spies or something) to cause a rebellion


Okay cool I think I might include in my next post a former Japanese commander coming out of hiding and urging the people of Japan to fight back (although with Korean censorship they probably won't get it, and maybe have the Field Marshal send some guys over to convince former army officers and politicians to encourage the people to rise up.

It has only been 4 years since the end of the war, and people in Japan wouldn't be happy to be colonized by Korea, a nation they had been taught to view as inferior, and seeing as though there had been a great deal of propaganda among Japanese citizens during the time, who were taught the ideals of state Shinto, they would probably rise up with encouragement, and if there is a member of the Imperial Family or the extended family that could encourage it, that would incite a sizable pool of the population.

Even today, there are many hardliners who are very ultranationalistic.
A proud Conservative.
#HoldTheLine
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter

User avatar
Monsone
Minister
 
Posts: 2326
Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Monsone » Sun May 17, 2020 9:24 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:
TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON wrote:
I was thinking about RPing as a Japanese rebellion, but I didn't know how that would have worked, but I am now thinking that I could try to RP something out if Korea would accept or the OP would.

The way I have set up my nation (Thailand) is it having become the epicenter of former Japanese soldiers who fled here due to the friendly government and the fact that if they returned to Japan which had become communist, they would have been prosecuted or killed.

The leader of the nation in the shadows is former Field Marshal Hisaichi Terauchi of the Southern Army Group, who is opposed to the Korean occupation and is seeking to build up Thailand so they could retake the country (which would be unrealistic without support) but he is also trying to see if he can smuggle some members of the extended Imperial Family (Japan over the hundreds of years have had many branch offs that have been somewhat forgotten so there are a number of people distantly related to the Imperial Family) since I read the Emperor was supposedly killed out so they can continue the line as Emperor.

So if I am allowed I would like to RP Terauchi arranging for contacts in Japan to start rebelling, causing trouble, that sort of stuff.


Again, having a militarized police force makes it hard to incite enough public support for the cause. Japan already receives a great amount of semi-autonomy but that can change quickly, have no worries.

Japan resides in an emergent economy, enjoys a pleasant way of life, maintains Japanese traditions, and is VERY much warweary after literally being obliterated just 4 years ago there shouldn’t be many people wanting more futile bloodshed. Reasons for rebellion are far and few between imo.


I can think of one huge reason. Honor. The fact that Japan, once the strongest and most powerful nation in Asia (if you don't count the colonies of European countries or the USA) is now being subjugated by their former subjects. This is 1949, four years after the end of WW2. No matter how war wearry Japan may be, the fact that the people they used to dominated and rule over now do the same to them is at best a cruel twist of irony and at worst a crime within itself in the eyes of the Japanese populace. If Japan is unacceptably rude and incensitive towards Koreans and Chinese IRL (2020), then the idea of being dominated by Korea is going to be very, very hard to swallow.

It took two nuclear bombs for the USA to make Japan surender IRL, and likely it was a similar case in this timeline. So the idea of Japan not deciding to revolt or at the very least make Korea hurt in a time like this is in my view unlikely at best and impossible at worst.

User avatar
Mersdon
Diplomat
 
Posts: 585
Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mersdon » Sun May 17, 2020 9:27 pm

Country Name: Kingdom of the Netherlands
Fictional or Real: Real
Head of State: Queen Wilhelmina
Government Type: Liberal Democracy
Capital: The Hague
GDP: Not measured (couldn't find a firm quote for their 1949 GDP, as it was practically incalculable due to the hyperinflated nature of the guilder and the influx of American cash from the Marshall Program)
Population: 9,956,000 people as of the 1949 census
Location: the modern-day Netherlands, the Netherlands Antilles, and West Papua if the player controlling Indonesia allows it
History: Check out its Wikipedia article, it's kinda self-explanatory ;)
Faction: Neutral, leaning NATO
[This article has been edited for clarity]
Last edited by Mersdon on Sun May 17, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Does a French cowboy say ouihaw?

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Member of NS Parliament as Heinz Buckliger, Saint Hilda's resident gay fascist!
Join NS Parliament, a new government RP where the possibilities are endless!

Also, I may be inactive at times, so please bear with my erratic schedule on here.

User avatar
HypErcApitAl
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1644
Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sun May 17, 2020 9:27 pm

It's still 1949? At this point, I thought we would've been in the 50s.
(quotes)
"Only the Strongest shall survive." ~ My quote, for awhile.
"The 2A protects the First." ~ Someone.
"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

(Titles)
"Too dangerous to be left/kept alive..." ~ Mace Windu

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

User avatar
Monsone
Minister
 
Posts: 2326
Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Monsone » Sun May 17, 2020 9:29 pm

Hypercapital wrote:It's still 1949? At this point, I thought we would've been in the 50s.


Nope still 1949...*sobs in not having an economic miracle unil the 1950s*

Also...yes! A Netherlands player!

User avatar
The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7529
Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Sun May 17, 2020 9:30 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:
TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON wrote:
I was thinking about RPing as a Japanese rebellion, but I didn't know how that would have worked, but I am now thinking that I could try to RP something out if Korea would accept or the OP would.

The way I have set up my nation (Thailand) is it having become the epicenter of former Japanese soldiers who fled here due to the friendly government and the fact that if they returned to Japan which had become communist, they would have been prosecuted or killed.

The leader of the nation in the shadows is former Field Marshal Hisaichi Terauchi of the Southern Army Group, who is opposed to the Korean occupation and is seeking to build up Thailand so they could retake the country (which would be unrealistic without support) but he is also trying to see if he can smuggle some members of the extended Imperial Family (Japan over the hundreds of years have had many branch offs that have been somewhat forgotten so there are a number of people distantly related to the Imperial Family) since I read the Emperor was supposedly killed out so they can continue the line as Emperor.

So if I am allowed I would like to RP Terauchi arranging for contacts in Japan to start rebelling, causing trouble, that sort of stuff.


Again, having a militarized police force makes it hard to incite enough public support for the cause. Japan already receives a great amount of semi-autonomy but that can change quickly, have no worries.

Japan resides in an emergent economy, enjoys a pleasant way of life, maintains Japanese traditions, and is VERY much warweary after literally being obliterated just 4 years ago there shouldn’t be many people wanting more futile bloodshed. Reasons for rebellion are far and few between imo.

Well besides living under the rule of both Koreans and Communists

Actually, whatever happen to the Imperial Family in this timeline?
Last edited by The Imperial Warglorian Empire on Sun May 17, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[_★_]_[' ]_
( -_-) (-_Q) If you understand that both Capitalism and Socialism have ideas that deserve merit, put this in your signature.
My preferred nickname is Warg
✠ (Put this in your Signature if you are a Militaristic Germanic/Prussian Nation!)
For nearly 11 years you have brought the German people into an age of disaster, evil, and corruption, no more.
Auf Wiedersehen, mein Führer, Deutschland über alles...

-Erwin Rommel, before shooting Adolf Hitler in the head
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

User avatar
The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7529
Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Sun May 17, 2020 9:32 pm

Monsone wrote:
The New Greek Republic wrote:
Again, having a militarized police force makes it hard to incite enough public support for the cause. Japan already receives a great amount of semi-autonomy but that can change quickly, have no worries.

Japan resides in an emergent economy, enjoys a pleasant way of life, maintains Japanese traditions, and is VERY much warweary after literally being obliterated just 4 years ago there shouldn’t be many people wanting more futile bloodshed. Reasons for rebellion are far and few between imo.


I can think of one huge reason. Honor. The fact that Japan, once the strongest and most powerful nation in Asia (if you don't count the colonies of European countries or the USA) is now being subjugated by their former subjects. This is 1949, four years after the end of WW2. No matter how war wearry Japan may be, the fact that the people they used to dominated and rule over now do the same to them is at best a cruel twist of irony and at worst a crime within itself in the eyes of the Japanese populace. If Japan is unacceptably rude and incensitive towards Koreans and Chinese IRL (2020), then the idea of being dominated by Korea is going to be very, very hard to swallow.

It took two nuclear bombs for the USA to make Japan surender IRL, and likely it was a similar case in this timeline. So the idea of Japan not deciding to revolt or at the very least make Korea hurt in a time like this is in my view unlikely at best and impossible at worst.

Correction, it took two nuclear bombs AND an invasion of Manchuria by the Soviet Union to get them to surrender
[_★_]_[' ]_
( -_-) (-_Q) If you understand that both Capitalism and Socialism have ideas that deserve merit, put this in your signature.
My preferred nickname is Warg
✠ (Put this in your Signature if you are a Militaristic Germanic/Prussian Nation!)
For nearly 11 years you have brought the German people into an age of disaster, evil, and corruption, no more.
Auf Wiedersehen, mein Führer, Deutschland über alles...

-Erwin Rommel, before shooting Adolf Hitler in the head
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

User avatar
The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7529
Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Sun May 17, 2020 9:33 pm

Mersdon wrote:Country Name: Chungus Republic
Fictional or Real: Real
Head of State: Queen Wilhelmina
Government Type: Liberal Democracy
Capital: The Hague
GDP: Not measured (couldn't find a firm quote for their 1949 GDP, as it was practically incalculable due to the hyperinflated nature of the guilder and the influx of American cash from the Marshall Program)
Population: 9,956,000 people as of the 1949 census
Location: the modern-day Netherlands, the Netherlands Antilles, and West Papua if the player controlling Indonesia allows it
History: Check out its Wikipedia article, it's kinda self-explanatory ;)
Faction: Neutral, leaning NATO
[This article has been edited for clarity]

Why is the nation's name "Chungus Republic?"
[_★_]_[' ]_
( -_-) (-_Q) If you understand that both Capitalism and Socialism have ideas that deserve merit, put this in your signature.
My preferred nickname is Warg
✠ (Put this in your Signature if you are a Militaristic Germanic/Prussian Nation!)
For nearly 11 years you have brought the German people into an age of disaster, evil, and corruption, no more.
Auf Wiedersehen, mein Führer, Deutschland über alles...

-Erwin Rommel, before shooting Adolf Hitler in the head
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

User avatar
Monsone
Minister
 
Posts: 2326
Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Monsone » Sun May 17, 2020 9:34 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:
The New Greek Republic wrote:
Again, having a militarized police force makes it hard to incite enough public support for the cause. Japan already receives a great amount of semi-autonomy but that can change quickly, have no worries.

Japan resides in an emergent economy, enjoys a pleasant way of life, maintains Japanese traditions, and is VERY much warweary after literally being obliterated just 4 years ago there shouldn’t be many people wanting more futile bloodshed. Reasons for rebellion are far and few between imo.

Well besides living under the rule of both Koreans and Communists

Actually, whatever happen to the Imperial Family in this timeline?


It's unknown. Korea claimed a while back that they where alive, but knowning how communisim and monarchies mix, thats dubious at best. And yes, sorry for forgetting the Soviet Invasion of Manchuria.

Still, a peaceful Japan? If France couldn't keep Indochina for much longer after 1945, then Korea should really be strugelling against Japan.

User avatar
Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1031
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Sun May 17, 2020 9:40 pm

Mersdon wrote:Country Name: Chungus Republic
Fictional or Real: Real
Head of State: Queen Wilhelmina
Government Type: Liberal Democracy
Capital: The Hague
GDP: Not measured (couldn't find a firm quote for their 1949 GDP, as it was practically incalculable due to the hyperinflated nature of the guilder and the influx of American cash from the Marshall Program)
Population: 9,956,000 people as of the 1949 census
Location: the modern-day Netherlands, the Netherlands Antilles, and West Papua if the player controlling Indonesia allows it
History: Check out its Wikipedia article, it's kinda self-explanatory ;)
Faction: Neutral, leaning NATO
[This article has been edited for clarity]


1. give me a history dont make me search all over the goddamn place
2. just convert the modern gpa to 1949 money it wont be completely accurate but it will be fine
3. there was no chungas republic in 1949 so no it was not 'real'
4. there is no way your naming your country chungas
Meridith Brookley (I-FL)

Self described Libertarian "Socialist" with a lean towards welfare capitalism
Proud Transgender Female

User avatar
The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7529
Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Sun May 17, 2020 9:40 pm

Monsone wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Well besides living under the rule of both Koreans and Communists

Actually, whatever happen to the Imperial Family in this timeline?


It's unknown. Korea claimed a while back that they where alive, but knowning how communisim and monarchies mix, thats dubious at best. And yes, sorry for forgetting the Soviet Invasion of Manchuria.

Still, a peaceful Japan? If France couldn't keep Indochina for much longer after 1945, then Korea should really be strugelling against Japan.

Yeah, I find that claim Japan "peacefully" surrendered to not just Korea, but a COMMUNIST Korea very unlikely.

Especially with the monarchy thing. The US had the sense to know that removing the Emperor was a terrible idea: in the people's eyes the Emperor's supposed to be a God and Japan was fully willing to fight to the bitter end even after the bombings and the invasions if it weren't for the Emperor finally getting his act together and saying "no, we're done."

If Japan barely bowed for one of the two industrial superpowers in the world, who had the sense of allowing the monarchy to remain, then they'd most definitely not bow to the whims of not just a former colony and the upholder of an ideology they held in even more contempt then Western Imperialism who doesn't have nuclear weapons, but also one who dissolved the monarchy (and knowing North Korea, probably dissolved the monarch too).

Don't mean to offend at all, I'm just sceptical I suppose. I'm always a bit sceptical whenever one guy decides to take a bunch of territory on a whim while not considering the ethnic and nationalist repercussions (yes, that goes for the France and Canada controlling Denmark thing too).
Last edited by The Imperial Warglorian Empire on Sun May 17, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[_★_]_[' ]_
( -_-) (-_Q) If you understand that both Capitalism and Socialism have ideas that deserve merit, put this in your signature.
My preferred nickname is Warg
✠ (Put this in your Signature if you are a Militaristic Germanic/Prussian Nation!)
For nearly 11 years you have brought the German people into an age of disaster, evil, and corruption, no more.
Auf Wiedersehen, mein Führer, Deutschland über alles...

-Erwin Rommel, before shooting Adolf Hitler in the head
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Neo Yeetia, UniversalCommons

Advertisement

Remove ads