NATION

PASSWORD

Cold War RP: Reboot, (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sat May 16, 2020 7:09 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Kargintina the Third wrote:Now that I think of it I’ll take tanks for oil

We need neither of those.

You don't have any oil reserves.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Sat May 16, 2020 7:12 pm

Free Ward Marchers wrote:
yeah same were Australia isn't "anti western" were just anti British, and anti imperialism were allies with america

I hate to say it, but Britain is part of the West.

This will be a fun RP idea though; revenge of the colonised nations.

It does bring soul-searching on their part... "what if we ended up being the colonizers?"

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Sat May 16, 2020 7:13 pm

Diarcesia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I hate to say it, but Britain is part of the West.

It does bring soul-searching on their part... "what if we ended up being the colonizers?"

Are we the baddies?
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Sat May 16, 2020 7:15 pm

Are Thailand or Vietnam still open?
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 16, 2020 7:15 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:We need neither of those.

You don't have any oil reserves.

Angola has more oil than Norway bruh
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 16, 2020 7:17 pm

Diarcesia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I hate to say it, but Britain is part of the West.

And honestly, I wanted to see white nationalists have a stroke when they read "African-occupied Spain" and "African-occupied Italy"
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Postby Diarcesia » Sat May 16, 2020 7:24 pm

Diarcesia wrote:It does bring soul-searching on their part... "what if we ended up being the colonizers?"

And honestly, I wanted to see white nationalists have a stroke when they read "African-occupied Spain" and "African-occupied Italy"

While I don't want to see a World War III, a trilateral Cold War is an interesting thought experiment.

The United States of Western Korea
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Western Korea » Sat May 16, 2020 7:25 pm

Tranzoria wrote:
The United States of Western Korea wrote:Nation: The emu empire
Fictional or Real: semi-fictional (alternative history)
Head of state: George Pearce
Capital: Perth Australia
Government type: constitutional monarchy
GDP: 20 billion USD
Population:19.5 million
History: George Pearce in the famous emu war decides to pull a Italy and switch sides. With his help he founds the emu empire and he becomes the king of the emus.
Faction:unaligned

Sigh...Australia is already owned by a nation. Sorry...

Nooooooooo

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 16, 2020 7:26 pm

Diarcesia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:And honestly, I wanted to see white nationalists have a stroke when they read "African-occupied Spain" and "African-occupied Italy"

While I don't want to see a World War III, a trilateral Cold War is an interesting thought experiment.

The goal of the DRA IS World War III. We want to reconquer the African continent, and achieve our place in the world. Once we develop enough, increase our intelligence capabilities and put the foundation in place, we will take our place in the sun...
Please Watch

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sat May 16, 2020 7:27 pm

Diarcesia wrote:While I don't want to see a World War III, a trilateral Cold War is an interesting thought experiment.

The goal of the DRA IS World War III. We want to reconquer the African continent, and achieve our place in the world. Once we develop enough, increase our intelligence capabilities and put the foundation in place, we will take our place in the sun...

Lol bruh that ain't happening
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 16, 2020 7:29 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:The goal of the DRA IS World War III. We want to reconquer the African continent, and achieve our place in the world. Once we develop enough, increase our intelligence capabilities and put the foundation in place, we will take our place in the sun...

Lol bruh that ain't happening

You want to see? I have the same population as the USA, boundless oil, bauxite, natural gas and iron, and hopefully soon an effective police force.

The reasons Africa is failing IRL are neocolonialism, corruption and conflict. If you end all three, Africa will become very prosperous.
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 16, 2020 7:30 pm

We could ally with the Soviet Union, get some aid, some money...
Please Watch

Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Sat May 16, 2020 7:31 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:We could ally with the Soviet Union, get some aid, some money...

if you ally with the soviet union Australia will refuse to help you
Senator Julie Littenbaum (D-WA)
Rep. Bobby Markoe (R-IL-15)

FREE THE UYGHURS, STOP CHINA

Social Democrat, Avid Marijuana Enthusiast, Proud Transgender Female, Gimme Healthcare Pls

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 16, 2020 7:32 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:We could ally with the Soviet Union, get some aid, some money...

Only temporarily, of course. We're too weak to stand up to the West as we are right now...
Please Watch

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Postby Diarcesia » Sat May 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Free Ward Marchers wrote:if you ally with the soviet union Australia will refuse to help you

Only temporarily, of course. We're too weak to stand up to the West as we are right now...

You can play them off to your advantage. They both want you on their side. It's really the corruption bit that bites you.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Tell me, what's YOUR plan to stand up to the West? What's YOUR plan to win the Cold War?
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 16, 2020 7:34 pm

Diarcesia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Only temporarily, of course. We're too weak to stand up to the West as we are right now...

You can play them off to your advantage. They both want you on their side. It's really the corruption bit that bites you.

Yep, of course. We can do that too.
Please Watch

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Sat May 16, 2020 7:34 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:Lol bruh that ain't happening

You want to see? I have the same population as the USA, boundless oil, bauxite, natural gas and iron, and hopefully soon an effective police force.

The reasons Africa is failing IRL are neocolonialism, corruption and conflict. If you end all three, Africa will become very prosperous.

I think someone has underestimated the power of Napalm in jungle and forest terrain.

Also, there needs to be leasons each nation learns after a war. So I'm thinking that because of the war with Rashid, France is going to develop a lot more modern military equipment early on
For example the Panahrd EBR will enter service in 1959 instead of 1951, the SA50 tank gun will be created earlier on, and a new French tank will be built specifically with desert fighting and insurgent wars in mind.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Sat May 16, 2020 7:35 pm

Free Ward Marchers wrote:if you ally with the soviet union Australia will refuse to help you

Tell me, what's YOUR plan to stand up to the West? What's YOUR plan to win the Cold War?

sally with all the nationalist/fascist/non-aligned nations

Social Democrat, Avid Marijuana Enthusiast, Proud Transgender Female, Gimme Healthcare Pls

Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Sat May 16, 2020 7:36 pm

Monsone wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:You want to see? I have the same population as the USA, boundless oil, bauxite, natural gas and iron, and hopefully soon an effective police force.

I think someone has underestimated the power of Napalm in jungle and forest terrain.

Also, there needs to be leasons each nation learns after a war. So I'm thinking that because of the war with Rashid, France is going to develop a lot more modern military equipment early on
For example the Panahrd EBR will enter service in 1959 instead of 1951, the SA50 tank gun will be created earlier on, and a new French tank will be built specifically with desert fighting and insurgent wars in mind.

no

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 16, 2020 7:36 pm

Monsone wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:You want to see? I have the same population as the USA, boundless oil, bauxite, natural gas and iron, and hopefully soon an effective police force.

Who won in Vietnam?

Now imagine you were in a country ten times the size, with an already half-functioning industrial base and a population the same size as yours.
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 16, 2020 7:37 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Tell me, what's YOUR plan to stand up to the West? What's YOUR plan to win the Cold War?

sally with all the nationalist/fascist/non-aligned nations

Which nations are those?
Please Watch

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Postby Diarcesia » Sat May 16, 2020 7:39 pm

Monsone wrote:

Will it also mean an earlier AMX tank? If it is, I wonder if Hongma would buy some of them.

What I'm thinking is: they'll reestablish economic contact with Diarcesia (if OP allows, still not involved in the cold war) and pave the way for the latter to develop its Apsychia MBT in the 80s.

Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Sat May 16, 2020 7:40 pm

Free Ward Marchers wrote:sally with all the nationalist/fascist/non-aligned nations

Which nations are those?

india, you, Madagascar, the middle east and a few more im forgetting

Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Sat May 16, 2020 7:42 pm

Diarcesia wrote:
Monsone wrote:

Will it also mean an earlier AMX tank? If it is, I wonder if Hongma would buy some of them.

What I'm thinking is: they'll reestablish economic contact with Diarcesia (if OP allows, still not involved in the cold war) and pave the way for the latter to develop its Apsychia MBT in the 80s.

All equiqment and weapons can only be created the date they were created in irl time no earlier (i'll put this in the roles)
Last edited by Free Ward Marchers on Sat May 16, 2020 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse