NATION

PASSWORD

The Seventh Age: For Gods and Gold (Fanatasy Faction RP/OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Fri May 22, 2020 12:57 pm

Elerian wrote:
Elerian wrote: -SNIP-

Updated my app.

Major powers status (high population/army potential) are checked with OP.

I'll get back to you, once I've had word with the boss

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Fri May 22, 2020 3:52 pm

Elerian wrote:
Elerian wrote: -SNIP -

Updated my app.

A few requests, especially for a potential continental powerbroker. :p

- A very centralized culturally unified nation with a very modern professional army is a terrifying power.
We arn't averse to it, but play it with the importance your actions would have to the game in mind. Some more information to your level of modernisation, even briefly, will be interesting. Such as the prominence of cannon, Arquibuses, muskets, known tactics, etc.

- Some expansion on the various ways the nation deals with the diverse populations under it's control would be interesting to have listed. As their are nearby nations that are designed to take advantage of such internal issues.

- Lowering the population / Army size to a roughly equal Valmange level would make for an even playing field between the super powers currently in play.

- A hint of the dominant religion at play would be interesting to add.

- Having access to various special troops due to the multiracial and multicultural nature of the nation is technically fine, but some more clarification on what they are would be interesting. And your access to them would be limited, especially in regards to Drow Draconids. Primarily because we wouldn't want to take unique elements from other players.

- The Diplomatic stature of "Tekumel is aggressive" is something i'd like to have expanded on, perhaps in history in terms of wars of conquest or the like. So other nations have historical basis to be afraid or wary of the nation as a whole. How they view Eden and Avalonian nations in crude terms would give people an idea of what to expect in terms of potential Tekumel aggression.

- Adding some information on your naval strength would be necessary to gauge the complete strength of the nation

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Fri May 22, 2020 5:20 pm

Tysklandia wrote:-Snip-

- A very centralized culturally unified nation with a very modern professional army is a terrifying power.
We arn't averse to it, but play it with the importance your actions would have to the game in mind. Some more information to your level of modernisation, even briefly, will be interesting. Such as the prominence of cannon, Arquibuses, muskets, known tactics, etc.

Tekumel is centralized but not necessarily unified culturally and certainly not racially. I assumed that the eastern nations would be less advanced than those in Avalon, but I added something to address modernity in my app.

In my cultural section its stated that Tekumel's elite follow the same pantheon and customs as Vanxirion. But, considering its cosmopolitan nature, there would be other religions present obviously.

- Having access to various special troops due to the multiracial and multicultural nature of the nation is technically fine, but some more clarification on what they are would be interesting. And your access to them would be limited, especially in regards to Drow Draconids. Primarily because we wouldn't want to take unique elements from other players.

I would think that since I was required to have so many different races in my nation I would be afforded the ability to at least play to some of their strengths, no? As far as the Draconids, they're mentioned in the OP as being a Drow thing so I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to utilize them with so many Drow on the Northern coast of Tekumel.

- The Diplomatic stature of "Tekumel is aggressive" is something i'd like to have expanded on, perhaps in history in terms of wars of conquest or the like. So other nations have historical basis to be afraid or wary of the nation as a whole. How they view Eden and Avalonian nations in crude terms would give people an idea of what to expect in terms of potential Tekumel aggression.

My app's cultural section already mentioned that the people of Tekumel are busybodies that like to get involved in other people's business. Foreign policy is something that's better negotiated as it comes.

- Adding some information on your naval strength would be necessary to gauge the complete strength of the nation

That was already included in the original post.

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Fri May 22, 2020 5:37 pm

Elerian wrote:
Tysklandia wrote:-Snip-

Tekumel is centralized but not necessarily unified culturally and certainly not racially. I assumed that the eastern nations would be less advanced than those in Avalon, but I added something to address modernity in my app.

In my cultural section its stated that Tekumel's elite follow the same pantheon and customs as Vanxirion. But, considering its cosmopolitan nature, there would be other religions present obviously.

I would think that since I was required to have so many different races in my nation I would be afforded the ability to at least play to some of their strengths, no? As far as the Draconids, they're mentioned in the OP as being a Drow thing so I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to utilize them with so many Drow on the Northern coast of Tekumel.

My app's cultural section already mentioned that the people of Tekumel are busybodies that like to get involved in other people's business. Foreign policy is something that's better negotiated as it comes.

That was already included in the original post.

- The Choir has had a long history and evolution since the initial days of Vanxiron. It is important in the ways that the Choir is a militarised Church organisation and a presence of it would create a distinct dynamic. So If your nation disregards the various reformations and evolutions of the Choir for a distinct local version of the faith, a heretical version, it would be interesting and somewhat neccesary to the roleplay and story potential at large for this to be clear in some form.

- The Nation-app doesn't fix on the various issues the Drow bring to bear. Hence having access to the Unique elements that the Drow have access to is something that would preferably be limited in scope. Unless some form of unique dynamic is in place for the complex and destructive nature of the Drow is in place, it is assumed they are pacified in some way, this reducing their access to the unique troops they bring to bear. The Unit is basically a reward for dealing with their incompatible culture and destructive
characteristics.

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Sat May 23, 2020 8:31 am

Elerian wrote:

Nation Name: Tekumel, or the Empire of the Petal Throne

Racial Makeup: Tekumel is a cosmopolitan mix of Humans, Elves, Drow, Dwarves, and various other races. The Empire is held together by the elf kin elite that rules from the populous Tu’an region.

Leader: Imperator Danasura Sakyakumari

([url=Map%20Location]Image[/url])
Cultural Description: Tekumel consists of various cultures and nations. The native Tekumel culture is itself a blend of customs, enriched even further over the course of the expansion of their civilization. The first Tekumel settlers mixed with the Elves, creating a nation keeping most of the elven language, beliefs, customs and culture. The language of Tekumel is based on that of the elves who followed Vanxirion and the languages of various local tribes. It is official throughout the state and necessary to achieve a career. The elite of Tekumel understand that if the empire is to be stable and to endure, it requires wide foundations. Tekumel is happy to welcome those of other cultures as fellow citizens. Citizenship in Tekumel’s case is not defined by nationality. The Drow population of the Empire is held in check by a unique code of law, Imperial will, and conscription. Other cultures might define people from Tekumel as arrogant, officious, and overrefined, a nation always striving to live up to the unattainable standard of its ancestors.

Diplomatic Description: Tekumel is an ancient realm in the far East. Its capital is the city of Myyrha Khannar, located on the river Tear. The Empire arose through conquests, assimilating nearby kingdoms. A significant amount of elven blood runs in the veins of the people, while their language is a variant of ancient Elven. The Empire is aggressive and willingly invades neighboring lands in order to bring the return of Vanxirion's Empire. Tekumel, although following a similar faith, does not recognize the Pontiff as the rightful leader of the Children of Elohim.

Background: The Tekumel are said to not be natives of either Penglai or Eden. Instead, in times immemorial, a demon forced the Tekumel to flee their homeland and come to their present day location. It’s not clear whether this was before or after Vanxiron’s conquests, leading some scholars to believe that the Tekumel were granted their current homeland for their service to the Eldarian warlord. It is known however, that in three great waves the Tekumal settled first in the fertile Tu’an riverlands where Penglai and Eden meet. Then in the hostile Elenur closer to Eden. Finally the last, and smallest wave settled on the many small islands adjoining the Sea of Akhzar. These three groups of settlers came to be known as the Tekumel.

However, they had competition. Two other tribes had long ago settled the area, locked in an eternal feud. It wasn’t until the arrival of the Tekumel did a truce be made between the two tribes, the Yan Kor and Shenyu. But, the Tekumel were nothing if not crafty. Soon, the Tekumel were able to convince the Yan Kor to break their truce, and with the help of the Tekumel, crush the Shenyu. The Tekumel let the Yan Kor do much of the fighting, weakening themselves, but in the end the Shenyu were forced to flee into the inland hill country. With the Shenyu taken care of, and the Yan Kor weakened, the Tekumel broke their alliance with the Yan Kor and subjugated them.

Their victory was short lived, however. The three different groups of Tekumel, without a common enemy, fragmented into three separate political entities, each ruled by its own petty king. The Yan Kor were able to free themselves in the confusion and migrated west to lick their wounds. For many years the Tekumel fought many wars against one another, until finally the Etrusian Empire arrived to subjugate and conquer them. Once again having a common enemy, the Tekumel set aside their differences and united to fight off the Empire. Despite having the home advantage, the Imperial army was too many and too experienced. It wasn’t long before Tekumel's home was converted into just another province in the great Imperial patchwork.

The Tekumel and their previous enemies, the Yan Kor and Shenyu, were able to retain their cultural identity, but they toiled under the oppressive Imperial regime. It wasn’t until the sundering of the Etrusian Empire that Tekumel was able to break the chains of their imprisonment. By the time the histories of an independant Tekumel began to be written again, the foundations of the Empire of the Petal Throne had already been laid. The first Emperor is known only by his house name: ‘the Kolumel’ There are no records of his ancestors, who he was, or how he came to subdue the other petty states then ruling in the region. All that is certain is that he had a considerable number of supporters.

Kolumel rejected many of the ideals and traditions of the Etrusians in favor of returning to those introduced by Vanxiron in centuries prior. Styling himself Imperator and taking a full blooded elven wife thereafter. Although unable to reach the heights of Vanxiron’s realm, Kolumel’s realm managed to maintain its grip over a large swath of land into the present era.

Population: 19,250,000

Economics Explained: The centre of Tekumel’s economy is Tu’an, where the majority of the population and urban centres are located. Tu’an is the most agriculturally developed and dense region, benefiting from millennia of irrigation projects to enhance the natural fertility of the region.

Cities Explained: Galai is known as the City of Fire, she is a coastal city renowned for her gem cutters, and fine goldsmiths. Galai has long since grown fat from trade and the tolls exacted from travel between Penglai and Eden. A large sprawling affair insulated from the worst fury of the seas beyond by her natural harbor. In the past, excavations led to the discovery of underground caverns of gas. The gas was then channelled to provide light for the city. The distinct blue flame produced by burning natural gas cast a fierce glow into the night sky. Thus, Galai is sometimes referred to as the "City of Fire.''

Myyrah Khannar is one of the largest cities in Tekumel, as well as the capital of the Empire. With enormous walls, a significant population and a crossroads for access to Penglai, Eden, and Avalon. In Myyrah Khannar, it's orderly, compact and cozy, and defended at each gate by ancient Dwarven Colossi taken from the ruins of Lycaea. Myrrah Khannar is recognizable as emulating the styles and architecture of Vanxirion’s empire.

Military: Loosely based upon the legions of Vanxirion’s Empire, Tekumel has a military that follows a similar structure. Her legions, known as the black-clad, are well-versed in the art of combat. Under the complete control of the Tekumel’s Imperator who leads with absolute authority. Tekumel’s legions are referred to internally as Kareng and are highly flexible units. The Legions of Tekumel are a standing force consisting of semi-professional soldiers, divided between those held in reserve for future campaigns, those serving in garrisons, and those currently on campaign. It consists of 150,000 soldiers, of which a fraction are serving in garrisons, a third is on active duty on the frontiers, and the rest are in reserve.

The rest of Tekumel's army consists of irregular troops taken from its various minority populations. These include but are not limited to Avvarian Giant Grenadiers, a Corps of Drow Draconid Riders, Yan Korian Waterbenders, etc. Technologically, Tekumel lacks access to the same technology or strategies as those in the West or East. The diverse terrain of Tekumel and the regions beyond require different tactics on the battlefield, such as when dealing with the Penglai horse lords, Nomadic Desert tribes, or the Northern Drow raiders. Cannons have been utilized for siege warfare for decades, but only a handful of legions have been outfitted with new age muskets.

Tekumel's navy is faced with a problematic situation in that it must look after two separate coastlines. The northern coast is far more dangerous to patrol with the Illyrians, Chekov Cartel, and various other Drow nations making life difficult. The southern coast on the other hand is much more prosperous and economically important. As such more resources are put towards maintaining safety in the South. The Northern coastal fleet is made up of a couple dozen galleys, who patrol the coastline in search of smugglers and raiders, not daring to stray out of sight of land. The Southern fleet is twice the Northern fleet's size, and includes Carracks and other kinds of ships.

RP EXAMPLE:

Once the question of the Choir is suitably answered, consider yourself accepted.

The answer you gave to the subversion of the Drow also answers the question as to why Draconids would be limited in supply. They can be used, but limited in number.
Last edited by Tysklandia on Sat May 23, 2020 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Sun May 24, 2020 4:36 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:[td][table]
([url=N/A]Image[/url])

Nation Name: Das Gemeinwesen der Menschen (People’s Commonwealth)
Racial Makeup: 90% Human, 10% Elf-Kin
Leader: General Secretary Madlene Degen

Cultural Description: The people are vulgar, loud, individualistic, and direct. That is what most foreigners would say, when visiting the Commonwealth. Commonwealth culture is very in your face. There is no such thing as a quiet voice as most people are quickly taught to YELL VERY LOUDLY, speak very clearly, and not to beat around the bush. Struggle among people, fellowship, brotherhood, or whatever you call it, forms the core of the Commonwealth. People in arms, supporting each other in times of need. Hardcore comradery, if you will.

Fairness and equality is another social norm among the Commonwealth for daily living. Commonwealth people do not like those who have gained an unfair advantage. Equality among people is just basic human decency, don’t be rude now to your fellow person now. Most people in the Commonwealth wears simple clothing, with some opting to wear something more fancy depending on their tastes. The most used dyes are blue and black because those are the only dyes that can be grow and found in the Commonwealth. For customs, that's a long list of norms and traditions that will likely fill the whole page - so I'll just do a overview on that. For the most part, customs are lax, unless it's something important like honoring the death of soldiers and likewise then Commonwealth people take careful steps to honor that.

Diplomatic Description: The People’s Commonwealth have little to no allies or connections to most nations around it. The radical and revolutionary actions of the Das Gemeinwesen der Menschen has spooked most nations, fearing that their own aristocratic rule would be toppled in a wave of revolutionary fever and radical idealism.

Background: The upbringing of the People’s Commonwealth was no peaceful one, nor it was bloodless. The state before the Revolutionary Republic was the Kingdom of Estria. Decades of poor harvests, drought, heavy-taxation, rising food prices, a corrupted bureaucracy, failed wars, extravagant spending by King Evenra IV, and what have you, had left Estria on the near brink of bankruptcy, and a very angry and pissed population of urban poor and peasants. In a suggestion to King Evenra IV by his royal court master, the General Assembly of Estates between the classes should be held to discuss the matter of reform to forestall a peasant and aristocratic revolt. In accordance, all people of the realm quickly got word of the General Assembly and its purpose.

The Third Estate, composed of both common urban and rural people, quickly started to mobilize their efforts to compile lists of grievances for the King, support equal representation in the General Assembly, and to remove the other two Estates’s power to veto the Third Estate. The advent of the printing press and an increasingly educated population would lead to new ideas being formed, in the lead-up to the mass-meeting. Within most of the Estates, the want for fiscal and judicial reform, and better representation within the government was wanted, but the high clergy and nobles were very reluctant to give away their powers, and privileges so easily to some low-birth, poor, common people.

Once the General Assembly of Estates met up and talked, things became very heated as debate went over the voting process, and how the General Assembly should go about it. The overall assembly was stalled, unable to settle on its procedures. Some members of the Third Estate, now pissed and angry to all hell, decided to gather up a decent mob to burn down a local noble’s garden and house, an event known as the Burning of the Palace of Eprieque. The situation escalated within a few days as revolutionary fever soon gripped the nation. Across the Kingdom of Estria, the Third Estate burned, destroyed, and killed landlords, nobles, and suspicious elites.

Attempting to stop the growing rebellion, King Evenra IV summoned the national army to keep order. Unfortunately, a good portion of the national army was also fed up with the King, and opted to join the ongoing revolution. The Estria Revolutionary Civil War has started. In the greater narrative of things, the civil war only lasted for one year and a half, as reactionary forces were quickly overwhelmed and destroyed. The next war, not fought on the fields of battle, were now within the confines of the newly formed Nationalversammlung (National Assembly). The revolution, once united in their purpose, was divided as the dust settled and the monarchy abolished by force.

Three main factions arose within the political sphere, the Jakobiners, the Imperiales, and the Girondistens. All three factions have many of the same values, such as anti-monarchism, abolishment of serfdom and feudalism, equality, liberty, among others. Yet, all three had many different ideals on how to procedure. The Jakobiners, staunchest supporters of the popular revolution and most popular themselves with the masses, sought to violently do away with the old ruling class and seize their wealth and property. The Jakobiners had no issue in the usage of violence to further the Good of the Revolution, and are the supporters of a representative democracy, popular sovereignty, and rule of law. The Imperiales, a slightly more conservative and authoritarian form of the revolution, seeks to centralize authority in order to control the revolution, still claiming to respect the will and tenets of the revolution and people. They fear what an uncontrolled mass can do to the nation. Lastly, the Girondistens want to focus the fever of the revolution towards other nations, believing that counter-revolutionary regimes on the continent must be destroyed in the Good of the Revolution, and to protect the revolution itself.

The Girondistens attempted to mount an invasion force towards the Kingdom of Valmange, seeing them as a counter-revolutionary emeny. Both the Jakobiners and Imperiales saw this as a very bad idea, with the nation unlikely to be ready for another massive war. The leading figure of the Imperiales, Hartmut Eichler, saw a good opportunity to try to expand his power base, with the nation in confusion on what was happening with the Girondistens and its plans. Hartmut’s plan to quickly seize power by a coup was found out by a Jakobiner spy, and reported the news to Erwin Lohmüller, a prominent leader in the Jakobiners.

Erwin Lohmüller, having got wind of the planned Imperiale coup, did a counter-coup against the Imperiales with the support of the masses. A bloody coup occurred as both Imperiale and Jakobiner militias clashed for a short time before the Imperiales and Hartmut were dethroned for their positions. Erwin declared, within the former capital palace of King of Evenra IV, that reactionary forces were everywhere. This would be the start of Terror of Erwin.

The Terror of Erwin would mark the mass massacre and numerous public executions of so-called “enemies of the revolution.” Anyone or thing remotely suspicious of anti-revolutionary behaviour would be hanged, shot, beheaded, or other forms of executions. Not surprising, Erwin would meet his end within a year in public office. Madlene Degen, the replacement for Hartmut’s corpse, secretly met up with members of Girondistens, Jakobiners, Imperiales, and planned a coup against Erwin.

In his own bed, Erwin got stabbed in his sleep. In the following days after the death of Erwin, his cabinet were either killed or arrested for treason against the state. Madlene jumped on the power void that formed in the wake of Erwin’s death. Rallying his faction, the Imperiales, and negotiating an alliance with the Girondistens, Madlene seized the organs of the state. The Jakobiners were not happy with this turn of events. Fortunately, Madlene was a powerful political and public speaker. He managed to calm down the masses of Jakobiners, and promised to respect the will of the people and their wishes.

It has been five years since Madlene took power to the present day. Sweeping reform has been enacted since then. The Declaration of Rights of Citizens has been the most prominent, declaring all citizens were equal, had freedom of the press, reiglion, and had equal justice in the eyes of the law. The church’s powers were now limited, have to pay proper taxes, and got to follow the rule of law within the land. 95 new departments were formed to replace the aging royal bureaucracy. A new form of income tax, and what have you. Of course, nothing is perfect. The conditions of the urban poor and peasants have improved, but heavy-taxation without much aid, growing power of a new class of wealthy business owners abusing their power, and political division still exist among the people of the revolution.
Population: 7.5 million
Economics Explained: The central government, having been dismantled and reformed during the revolution, has been the center of new statecraft theory and practice with public administration being recognized as a solid form of study. Estates of the past are longer holding back the central government with its special influences. Now, the central government has new found powers to properly tax, draft, and do what it wills to the extent of its constitution. This new administration efficiency has allowed the state to take a heavy-handed approach towards its economy with a top-down system, managing with a highly developed recording and tax system. Given that no-one has coin, since the last administration has effortly taxed almost everything out of its citizens of any coin, the new state had moved on to resource based taxation system, with peasants, smiths, etc, now having to pay in form of goods like wheat, iron, coal, their own labor, etc. Only the remaining upper class and rich can pay in coinage. When it comes to pay the standing army of soldiers and pencil-pushers, they’re paid with a small amount of coin and then with assorted goods.

For major sectors, any nation at this period of time would have agriculture as its number one economic sector. The Commonwealth, being a lot of rivers and plains, is a very fertile area to grow various crops and fruits. Second, the Commonwealth has cloth and textiles as its next largest economic area, with domestic use increasing tenfold. Lastly, mining is the third largest economic sector.

Cities Explained:Ulm is the largest city within the borders of the Commonwealth, hosting 175,000 souls within its thick walls. Like any huge city, Ulm is no different with booming trade, industry, commerce, and the seat of politics. Elsewhere, there were other major urban centers, cities, towns and villages that dotted the lands of the Commonwealth.

Military:Army reforms have never been easier since there is no army to speak of, when the revolution was done and finished proper. This quickly led to multiple incursions into the Commonwealth itself by various nation-states. Inturn, the newly founded Commonwealth government went about getting a new standing army as fast as possible. Under the leadership and command of Madlene Degen, she founded the building blocks of a wholly new army of citizens. Pikemen, matchlock muskets, light cavalry, and great & light cannons form the backbone of the Commonwealth, with a robust and highly active info gathering army and civil intelligence agency to further assist in planning and recon. The early battlefields of the young nation had given itself many lessons in warfare, allowing Degen to improve upon more reforms. First among them was the marching formation of the common infantry, needing some form of step movement to ensure that all units marched in line and on time. Second, the addition of new logistical officers and planners, which led to the third reform of forming a war department within the halls of government whose sole purpose was to study the art of war and to manage it on the national level. Fourth, the formation of an army and civil intelligence agency that would organize and collect info for both army and government usage, and many more reforms to come. After two years of defending against incursions, the Commonwealth army has been hardened in the fields of battle, noted to be highly motivated and professional organization, installed in them the ideas of the revolution and for the defense of the motherland (due in part with a lot of state benefits, a lot of propaganda, and a lot of funding). 35,000 in standing army, another 35,000 can be conscripted.

RP EXAMPLE:

The formatting seems to have broken in places, please take a gander.

Aside from this. App is acceoted~

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:19 am

WORK IN PROGRESS
Non-Player Controlled Nations of Tellus

The nations below are non-player nations, that can be interacted with and will be controlled by the OP and the CO-OP's.
Depending on player actions, these nations can decide to interact or intervene in the affairs of players, dictated primarily by the potential worth it has to story, events or to the pacing of certain events.
This list will be expanded upon, until completion.

Any ideas or suggestions regarding the use of these entities may be forwarded to the staff.

These nations will have statistics listed, noting their approximative strength in several areas. These will be numbered from 1 to 5.
1 noting a basic or nearly negligible strength in this regard, 5 noting an ability equal to large and powerful regional or national entities. Consider that these numbers are to give an idea and nothing more. Comparisons between old world and new world factions will also be Iffy at best.

MAP:
https://i.imgur.com/n6e24kg.png

Antilla

The Iron-Empire of Argonnessen
Map Color: LIGHT BROWN
Stability : 2
Economy : 2
Military : 4

A collection of grand dragonborn city states that live in a complex but divided political system under a single Emperor that holds but limited power over its vassals. United more so by cultural and religious unity than anything else, the Argonnessen kings and lords fight amongst themselves as many times as they unity to fight any who threaten the land they claim as collectively theirs.
As an empire built on slaves and the projection of force to their neighbors, the Argonnessen emperors, or even his lords are known to wage wars on their neighbors and organize long winded expeditions abroad for land, raiding and slaves.

Even as their culture is conservative and steeped in cultural and religious influences that are reminiscent of the dragonborn their stagnation for centuries past, it strengthens them as a fiercely martial and culturally stabile region. Even with internal conflict rife and common, their “brother-wars” are uncommonly civil and conducted “honorably”, with remarkably little economical damage done when they inevitably occur. This curtsy is only levelled to those who they believe to share their values as the Argonnessen warriors are known to show incredibly cruelty and disregard for any who disregard or attempt to change the “natural order of things”.

The Kings of Q’Barra
Map Color: DARK RED
Stability : 3
Economy : 3
Military : 3

The eternal rival of the Argonnessen Empire are the Kings of Q’Barra. As a loose coalition of Dragonborn kings, created a century past, they stood against the territorial invasions of the Empire twice over. It was then that twisted the Argonnessen attempts to dominate the west and in the process created a contender for their influence in the sea of rivalling dragonborn kingdoms
Although unspoken, it is known that many Nagini have forced themselves in dominating positions in the courts of Q’Barra, using their cold and calculating nature to carve out a vast economic powerbase, linked with various political alliances that allow them to compete with the Argonnessen Empire. Due to this domination of the Nagini in the courts of Q’Barra, the hostility with Argonnessen has lessened greatly in the past decades, simply due to the Q’Barrans leveraging their connections in trade, commerce and fleet to placate the Empire and their lords to see them as more of a benefit than a nuisance.

With their expansive fleet, they compete heavily with the Solar Empire that remains their undisputed better at sea. Although the Q’Barrans prefer to compete indirectly, by raiding slaves before the Solarians arrive or by undercutting their contracts and offers whenever possible, conflicts between the two in the arena of naval dominance is not unheard off.

The Payati League

Map Color: DARK GREEN
Economy : 1
Military : 2

The Payati League is a collection and confederation of hundreds of separate villages and nomadic tribes that cooperate only in the most basic of ways. Although a simplistic set of laws detail the manner in which conflicts and trade between the various member tribes are to be resolved, they are often ignored when the situation benefits other, more base solutions.

The only moment when this League comes to bear, is when their lands are threatened or they themselves find benefit in waging common war. Most often used as a defensive coalition when the Dragonborn come rampaging through their lands to pillage and capture slaves, this Payati league has attempted, time and time again, to stop the invaders. Although succeeding only to make the Dragonborn bleed and struggle more and more for their eventual victory, the Payati continue to struggle. For all their known history, they have lived in fear for the world to the west, knowing only to run when they eventually came. It is only since the creation of the League that they have known meager success in defending themselves. This mostly by learning from their enemy and stealing their weapons, tactics and supplies. Due to this long-term strategy and growth of their capabilities to resist, the Payati are growing from a basic nuisance to a potential threat at a worrying rate.

But the Payati are not a noble coalition for defense in any sense. By their struggle with the western nations, they have grown stronger, more organized and equipped than many of their neighboring tribes, often consisting of other races of beast folk. Using their knowledge and skill, they often turn their abilities to utilize tactics eerily similar as those of the dragonborn, to pillage and enslave their neighbors for their own benefit.

The Tiwanaku

Map Color: ORANGE
Stability : 5
Economy : 4

The Tiwanaku are a strange people by any measure. This society consisting almost entirely out of Nagini, has carved out a vast Empire of sorts in the deep swamps of Southern Antilla, inside their ancestral homeland of dense forests, swamps and winding Their society is defined both by the emotionless nature of the Nagini that dominate it and the utter secrecy they maintain over their inner territories.

The majority of their settlements are hidden deep within the swamps and river tributaries of south-eastern Antilla, far from prying eyes, to the point that many rumors are abound of roads paved with gold and temples laden with otherworldly treasure. But it is well known that Tiwanaku keep their inner cities well-hidden for good purpose, for it remains the best defense against their enemies.

The Dragonborn lords have marched into their swamps many a time and never have they returned.
Outside of the various Tiwanaku trade ports and settlements on the edges of their territory, from where their merchants and ships ply their trade, they are an insular people from which little is known.

Dorado

The Guardians of Dorado

Map Color: PURPLE
Stability : 3
Economy : 1

A resistance movement in all but name, this confederation of various Florian tribes has coalesced for a single, pure purpose. To expel any and all foreign influence from Dorado. Although traumatizing, the various incursions of their land was seen as a part of life. A periodic epidemic of violence that left its shores as quickly as it came. But in the past century, things have changed. Dragonborn have come to their shores, to cut down their sacred forests and carve out what they call civilization. With the clear goal to oust any invader to their beloved Dorado, this Confederation has turned to extreme lengths to out their defenders. For deep in their most holy groves, were entire generations of warrior-Florian’s are bred for their crusade, are doused in a near constant aura of mist and poisonous spores, a favored tactic to keep out their invaders and more recently, to choke the life out of their enemies in their homes of carved wood and stone.

But of course, it is the Solar Empire that is the bane of Dorado in their eyes. For every raid and every incursion further in Dorado, for every tree cut to make way for their cities and resources, their hatred for them grows. For they bring civilization, metal and fire and with it, the death and slavery of their people.

Eden

The Grand Sultanate of Banu
Map Color: ORANGE
Economy : 4

The Sultans of Banu are renowned for their wealth and power across Eden. With their location on the “road of silk” that runs from Penglai to Avalon, their ports are laden with goods and merchants from all over the world. With this power, the Sultans have funded great projects of science, art and architecture that makes them the envy of many.
Alongside that, the armies of the Sultan have enforced their will with brutal effect for many years. But their expansion has left them with a population divided in race, religion and creed. In these years of printed paper and civil unrest, the Sultan’s heavy-handed approach to unrest has failed to create stability. In the north, various Drow minorities have rebelled time and time again and, in the east, religious and ethnic minorities have taken to arms many times over the years.

With ever increasing tension in his lands, time will tell if the powerful sultans of Eden will collapse under their own ambition or will rise through the 7th Age as wealthy and prestigious as they have through the 6th.

Avalon

The Kingdom of Raeweld
Map Color: Light Brown
Economy : 3

The Raeweld is known to be a somewhat volatile kingdom that is subject to various powerful internal organizations. Trade guilds, powerful merchant houses, religious orders and even powerful family clans all hold tremendous power in Raeweld and can, at times, even threaten the power of the King.

The true power of the royal house and nobility of Raeweld is, to some, counted less in their direct control but in their ability to call upon the influence of the most powerful clans and guilds. When the nobility fails to keep these guilds and clans in control or when they attempt to limit their power, it has always come to blows, leading to escalating civil strife inside the country that has failed to limit the power of these powerful internal organizations.

But these various powerful entities do not only provide a volatile political arena, but also provide much economic and social opportunity. The trade and produce that flows through Raeweld is often of prime quality and make.
Last edited by Tysklandia on Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse