NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: American Political Roleplay (OOC II)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should we shift the timescale during the Congressional Recess (July-September 2019)

Poll ended at Mon May 25, 2020 9:34 am

1. Yes, I want to shift the timescale to be 2 IC weeks per 1 OOC Week
78%
2. No, I want to keep the timescale as 1 IC week per 1 OOC week
22%

Total votes : 27

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:58 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:AfAm's are SocCons?. Really? In which aspect?

Conservative Christianity. Coretta Scott King, for example, found herself estranged from many of her former civil rights colleagues when she came out for LGBT rights.

well, atang is quite socially conservative on some issues not lgbt though, but thats mainly because of the ortho jews in nis seat.

tbh atang is probably in the red, just not abrasive about it like porter.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:59 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Looking at the VSG study (which parallels this with whether they voted for Trump or Clinton in 2016), it can be safely assumed that the demographic is largely white working-class, with black and Hispanic members on the other side. Even if the 6% of people within the quadrant that voted Clinton are all minority (which is doubtful, to say the least), there's still a whopping chunk of Obama ---> Trump voters right there.

Forget about fucking “quadrants” that is not how campaigns are run
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:00 pm

Hello.

I’m still here, but I wasn’t really passionate about the character I was apping for last thread. Is it possible I could switch?
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:00 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:Hello.

I’m still here, but I wasn’t really passionate about the character I was apping for last thread. Is it possible I could switch?

Sure!
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:00 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:Hello.

i think so
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:01 pm

Sanabel wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Looking at the VSG study (which parallels this with whether they voted for Trump or Clinton in 2016), it can be safely assumed that the demographic is largely white working-class, with black and Hispanic members on the other side. Even if the 6% of people within the quadrant that voted Clinton are all minority (which is doubtful, to say the least), there's still a whopping chunk of Obama ---> Trump voters right there.

Forget about fucking “quadrants” that is not how campaigns are run

I looked at the issues juxtaposed with income and 2016 vote, and I think I've made my conclusion off that.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:02 pm

Come on Diane, cripple her hand.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:02 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Forget about fucking “quadrants” that is not how campaigns are run

I looked at the issues juxtaposed with income and 2016 vote, and I think I've made my conclusion off that.

??

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:03 pm

If Paulson, as a libertarian, gives arthritic Brookley some marijuana, is that shake 'n' bake?
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:03 pm

Sanabel wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I looked at the issues juxtaposed with income and 2016 vote, and I think I've made my conclusion off that.

??

Same study, fig 14.

Assuming that Trump supporters are overwhelmingly white (not really a big leap of logic there), the graph shows that low-income Trump voters (therefore a decent chunk of the white working-class) are in said populist/authoritarian area of the compass.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:04 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
You know, it's a REAL achievement to become someone Richardson hates more than Prendergast, lol

It's already a real achievement to be someone hated in the whole RP.

Peter Amaras type beat.
Die nasty!!111

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:04 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:It's already a real achievement to be someone hated in the whole RP.

Peter Amaras type beat.

Or O'Realy or Williams.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:05 pm

Sanabel wrote:??

Same study, fig 14.

Assuming that Trump supporters are overwhelmingly white (not really a big leap of logic there), the graph shows that low-income Trump voters (therefore a decent chunk of the white working-class) are in said populist/authoritarian area of the compass.

I swear it’s like trying to give advice to a brick wall

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:05 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:Peter Amaras type beat.

Or O'Realy or Williams.

Or Noble!
Die nasty!!111

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:07 pm

Sanabel wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Same study, fig 14.

I swear it’s like trying to give advice to a brick wall

I'm looking at the demographics and the issues here.

Also, the study plots each respondent on the compass, hence my conclusions. I'm working off data. Anyway, I think that's all. Need to write the phone call session now.
Please Watch

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:08 pm

Sanabel wrote:I swear it’s like trying to give advice to a brick wall

I'm looking at the demographics and the issues here.

Also, the study plots each respondent on the compass, hence my conclusions. I'm working off data. Anyway, I think that's all. Need to write the phone call session now.

I’m not disputing the data, just your reading of the data

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:09 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Or O'Realy or Williams.

Or Noble!

Or Kramer.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:10 pm

Sanabel wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I'm looking at the demographics and the issues here.

I’m not disputing the data, just your reading of the data

Alright. Look at figure 14 (I'm assuming you have the study open, if not, it's here: https://www.voterstudygroup.org/publica ... arties-now), where it compares political positions along with income and party affiliation. What do you think?
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:13 pm

Sanabel wrote:I’m not disputing the data, just your reading of the data

Alright. Look at figure 14 (I'm assuming you have the study open, if not, it's here: https://www.voterstudygroup.org/publica ... arties-now), where it compares political positions along with income and party affiliation. What do you think?

Again, I’m not disputing the data, just the idea that all of these people fit neatly within a box on the political compass, and will immediately go to Porter because he too fits within said box

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:13 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:Or Noble!

Or Kramer.

Or probably Schlang.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:15 pm

Sanabel wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Alright. Look at figure 14 (I'm assuming you have the study open, if not, it's here: https://www.voterstudygroup.org/publica ... arties-now), where it compares political positions along with income and party affiliation. What do you think?

Again, I’m not disputing the data, just the idea that all of these people fit neatly within a box on the political compass, and will immediately go to Porter because he too fits within said box

I'm not saying that they'll immediately go to him. I'm saying that they're the best to target, because they already agree with him on the issues.
Please Watch

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:17 pm

Sanabel wrote:Again, I’m not disputing the data, just the idea that all of these people fit neatly within a box on the political compass, and will immediately go to Porter because he too fits within said box

I'm not saying that they'll immediately go to him. I'm saying that they're the best to target, because they already agree with him on the issues.

Many of them could potentially go to him, but there is more at play here, such as religion, regional/state identity, race, etc.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:17 pm

Sanabel wrote:Again, I’m not disputing the data, just the idea that all of these people fit neatly within a box on the political compass, and will immediately go to Porter because he too fits within said box

Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:21 pm

Sanabel wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I'm not saying that they'll immediately go to him. I'm saying that they're the best to target, because they already agree with him on the issues.

Many of them could potentially go to him, but there is more at play here, such as religion, regional/state identity, race, etc.

Oh, of course, I'm not saying ALL of them will go to him. I understand many are Hispanic, black, Muslim...I'm just looking at the ones that already voted Trump in 2016, meaning that the vast majority of them will be white Christians.

Sorry for the confusion.
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:22 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I'm not saying that they'll immediately go to him. I'm saying that they're the best to target, because they already agree with him on the issues.

My communication skills are literally 0 lol

I bet you it came off as "people vote for the person closest on the political spectrum to them", which makes just enough sense that someone could believe it...just about.
Please Watch

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse