NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: American Political Roleplay (OOC II)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should we shift the timescale during the Congressional Recess (July-September 2019)

Poll ended at Mon May 25, 2020 9:34 am

1. Yes, I want to shift the timescale to be 2 IC weeks per 1 OOC Week
78%
2. No, I want to keep the timescale as 1 IC week per 1 OOC week
22%

Total votes : 27

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri May 22, 2020 9:06 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Sarenium wrote:
That was one of the first few days I had as Frankston, he'll de-sponsor.

*SCREEMS*

Now that my scream is over, what are the chances Kost would co-sponsors oh my Great and Powerful, Mighty Ayatollah?

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri May 22, 2020 9:07 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Sanabel wrote:He should just understand that his party needs to win lol

His job is also to make sure the party does win as whip

But winning through cheating isn't winning.

God can a Republican win so he gets out of the Senate and doesn't have to deal with this dilemma.

Bruh why is he a politician then

Both parties do it, everyone wants the system rigged to help them, just in different ways.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri May 22, 2020 9:10 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Sanabel wrote:He should just understand that his party needs to win lol

His job is also to make sure the party does win as whip

God can a Republican win so he gets out of the Senate and doesn't have to deal with this dilemma.

You clearly don't share the philosophy of the IRL Republican Senate Majority Leader

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri May 22, 2020 9:10 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:*SCREEMS*

Now that my scream is over, what are the chances Kost would co-sponsors oh my Great and Powerful, Mighty Ayatollah?

I am not powerful or mighty, I am humbled in His light. Allah takes and gives power by his own will, I am a servant to His word, simply maintaining the faith here in NS until the end of the Occultation of the 12th Imam.

Idk I really don’t want to have what has effectively become an NPC sponsoring legislation willy nilly, I suppose I will reach out to Vaq. But he should come back to the RP and meet with characters, otherwise it’s all meta gaming.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri May 22, 2020 9:10 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Sarenium wrote:

You clearly don't share the philosophy of the IRL Republican Senate Majority Leader

Dems do it too, cheating and unscrupulousness isn’t just a fact of Team Red or Team Blue, it’s a fact of politics

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri May 22, 2020 9:14 pm

Sanabel wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Now that my scream is over, what are the chances Kost would co-sponsors oh my Great and Powerful, Mighty Ayatollah?

I am not powerful or mighty, I am humbled in His light. Allah takes and gives power by his own will, I am a servant to His word, simply maintaining the faith here in NS until the end of the Occultation of the 12th Imam.

Idk I really don’t want to have what has effectively become an NPC sponsoring legislation willy nilly, I suppose I will reach out to Vaq. But he should come back to the RP and meet with characters, otherwise it’s all meta gaming.

Well ok then, good to know on that first paragraph, you spend a practical lifetime at Catholic School and they teach you everything about their weird version of Christianity and Judaism but nothing about Islam...

On that second paragraph, all understandable, I get that, it was more humorous begging in my desperation to keep that nice 50/50 Dem/Rep Spilt on the bill's sponsors and co-sponsors, but if you want to reach out to Vaq that's all good to

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri May 22, 2020 9:15 pm

Sanabel wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:You clearly don't share the philosophy of the IRL Republican Senate Majority Leader

Dems do it too, cheating and unscrupulousness isn’t just a fact of Team Red or Team Blue, it’s a fact of politics

I know, I was making a joke, Frankston's a Republican, Good ol' Mitch McConnel's a Republican, it was a bad joke

Titanne
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Fri May 22, 2020 9:17 pm

Aight well I'm gonna sign off for today

no one needs holt for anything, right? I didn't miss any posts?
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Former Delegate and President of Thaecia. Current Delegate of Annecy.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri May 22, 2020 9:18 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Dems do it too, cheating and unscrupulousness isn’t just a fact of Team Red or Team Blue, it’s a fact of politics

I know, I was making a joke, Frankston's a Republican, Good ol' Mitch McConnel's a Republican, it was a bad joke

It’s ok I am tired

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri May 22, 2020 9:18 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Sanabel wrote:I am not powerful or mighty, I am humbled in His light. Allah takes and gives power by his own will, I am a servant to His word, simply maintaining the faith here in NS until the end of the Occultation of the 12th Imam.

Well ok then, good to know on that first paragraph, you spend a practical lifetime at Catholic School and they teach you everything about their weird version of Christianity and Judaism but nothing about Islam...

On that second paragraph, all understandable, I get that, it was more humorous begging in my desperation to keep that nice 50/50 Dem/Rep Spilt on the bill's sponsors and co-sponsors, but if you want to reach out to Vaq that's all good to

Just Twelver Shi’a, not really a thing in Sunni Islam, they think they are perfect and too good for spiritualism with their law schools and stuff

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Fri May 22, 2020 9:20 pm

Sanabel wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:I know, I was making a joke, Frankston's a Republican, Good ol' Mitch McConnel's a Republican, it was a bad joke

It’s ok I am tired

Frankston is the McCain of this RP only more quiet because irl McCain would support anti-gerrymandering legislation.
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri May 22, 2020 9:24 pm

A gentle implication regarding Murphy.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri May 22, 2020 9:27 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:A gentle implication regarding Murphy.

*suddenly appears behind you*
Kelvn. I have been summoned..
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri May 22, 2020 9:36 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:A gentle implication regarding Murphy.

Spellman was less gentle.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri May 22, 2020 9:38 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:

Spellman was less gentle.

Dayton literally was implying he was a white nationalist. Spellman ruined that attack.

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Fri May 22, 2020 9:41 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Spellman was less gentle.

Dayton literally was implying he was a white nationalist. Spellman ruined that attack.

What? I literally don’t see how anyone could get that implication.

I mean I guess maybe(?) but I didn’t get that.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri May 22, 2020 9:43 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Dayton literally was implying he was a white nationalist. Spellman ruined that attack.

Why are you pulling away from these Asian countries when you are not advocating for pulling away from more expensive European countries?

How much more explicit could it get?

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri May 22, 2020 9:43 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Dayton literally was implying he was a white nationalist. Spellman ruined that attack.

Maybe not a white nationalist, but racist at the very least is the implication I got.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri May 22, 2020 9:44 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:What? I literally don’t see how anyone could get that implication.

Maybe not a white nationalist, but racist at the very least is the implication I got.

White nationalist probably was a bad descriptor, but racist was definitely where I was going.

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri May 22, 2020 9:55 pm

Spellman you got lucky you did not get your face absolutely smashed in there.

Could have definitely pulled off a crucifixion there.
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Fri May 22, 2020 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri May 22, 2020 10:13 pm

Wait, is Frankston still co-sponsoring Nez's bill or is he just really off his rocker?

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Fri May 22, 2020 10:31 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:Wait, is Frankston still co-sponsoring Nez's bill or is he just really off his rocker?

It's SIMONE'S isn't it?
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri May 22, 2020 10:34 pm

Sarenium wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Wait, is Frankston still co-sponsoring Nez's bill or is he just really off his rocker?

It's SIMONE'S isn't it?

Official Name: Reapportionment Act of 2019

That Brookshire L is really getting to him
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Fri May 22, 2020 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri May 22, 2020 10:35 pm

Sarenium wrote:

It's SIMONE'S isn't it?

Ya, the Fair House one is Simone's, I just thought he wanted to de-sponsor Nez's bill

I am confusion

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Fri May 22, 2020 10:36 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Sarenium wrote:
It's SIMONE'S isn't it?

Official Name: Reapportionment Act of 2019

That Brookshire L is really getting to him

Gordan's labeled it as Fair House Apportionment Act in the docket on page 1 grrr

Why are there two bills @Coba that do the same thing
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse