NATION

PASSWORD

Gods Among Us (OOC|Superhero|Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Thu May 28, 2020 12:15 am

There's a character who has powers to manifest drawing and then...ethereal bolts.... Please don't box my character in. There are other characters who have powers that don't match their other power applications so well. What does electric manipulation have to do with the soul you ask. Well, not that it needs to but in some metaphysical thoughtlines, lightning equals energy. Energy equals soul/life force. Biology is life force. The powers fit just fine.
Last edited by Ah-eh-ioh-uh on Thu May 28, 2020 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Thu May 28, 2020 12:34 am

There is a character that is basically a ultra right wing ideologist meme, noting how their goals add up to "screw liberals and anything having to do with them". Then there's a "back in Soviet Russia" character. I don't know what your experience in Latin American culture is but there are plenty of other stereotypes going around.

I play by the rule of write what you know and I don't know about YOUR time in Central America, but I for one think I could have been burned as a witch if my neighbors caught me speaking in tongues or something. Don't lecture me on my peoples or my background/experience (even if they are your people too, don't give two squats if they are). There are some cringey characters I see and I'd like to know where you get off talking to me that way Endem.

I won't even address that other stuff yet, Demencia, Anowa, whatever you might think of my app objectively, I don't appreciate them treating me this way. They are being very rude and I had hoped whatever they might have felt about our past interactions would not cause this kind of treatment towards me. I understand that there may be some legitimate objections in there but I don't think ALL of their objections are coming from the right place.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu May 28, 2020 12:55 am

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:Okay first off Endem

You got some kind of beef with me? Like, what's with the social justice warrior vibes I'm getting? I KNOW that was the beauty standard over there back then. My CHARACTER however need not like that aesthetic and I don't know why you think tsking over the humor aspect is at all constructive in terms of feedback.

No, I won't lie, I'm sarcastic from time to time during my reviews ( you can thank YouTube for this one ) so, sorry if I came of as rude, I can rewrite it to sound more professional

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:B : There is another character in accepted into the rp that has "runes and sigils" among other things in their app. Ease off.

Which character? Different people review different apps so I may have not reviewed that character but Demencia or Anowa may have, which for one reason or another they found the excerpt to be acceptable, which, here, I did not find, besides I only asked for clarification

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:C : there are other characters who have varying levels of "mystery" in their power origin. Calling you out there.

Yeah, myself included, but "unspecified gods" is simply too vague, what gods? Aztec?, Norse?, Greek?, those cultures all had different values, so their Gods would reflect those culture while even contradicting each other values from time to time.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:There's a character who has powers to manifest drawing and then...ethereal bolts.... Please don't box my character in. There are other characters who have powers that don't match their other power applications so well. What does electric manipulation have to do with the soul you ask. Well, not that it needs to but in some metaphysical thoughtlines, lightning equals energy. Energy equals soul/life force. Biology is life force. The powers fit just fine.

Ok, fine, I'll drop argument about these two powers

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:There is a character that is basically a ultra right wing ideologist meme, noting how their goals add up to "screw liberals and anything having to do with them". Then there's a "back in Soviet Russia" character. I don't know what your experience in Latin American culture is but there are plenty of other stereotypes going around.

I play by the rule of write what you know and I don't know about YOUR time in Central America, but I for one think I could have been burned as a witch if my neighbors caught me speaking in tongues or something. Don't lecture me on my peoples or my background/experience (even if they are your people too, don't give two squats if they are). There are some cringey characters I see and I'd like to know where you get off talking to me that way Endem.

I won't even address that other stuff yet, Demencia, Anowa, whatever you might think of my app objectively, I don't appreciate them treating me this way. They are being very rude and I had hoped whatever they might have felt about our past interactions would not cause this kind of treatment towards me. I understand that there may be some legitimate objections in there but I don't think ALL of their objections are coming from the right place.
[/quote]
*phew* okay, so, Anowa and Demencia knew exactly what I was going to post, and both said to go ahead, we communicate frequently, and both of co-ops were specifically asked to run their reviews through Anowa first, and there's a big difference between making the Character themselves being stereotypical ( iffy but acceptable ) and using stereotypes to describe people from the character's in the app, I don't know if you're South American or not, so even if this all was from experience I would not be able to know, and again, I'm sorry if I came off as rude or rash since I was sarcastic from time to time.
Last edited by Endem on Thu May 28, 2020 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Thu May 28, 2020 1:12 am

Sorry y'all. Something is up with this tech... It's acting up...

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Thu May 28, 2020 1:13 am

Endem

Alright. I'll buy it. I myself am sarcastic quite some, difference is I don't think I would have done nearly as much as you had (as a gm reviewing an app in an official capacity no less). I apologize if maybe I assumed too much about your thinking. It may just ironically be my own past experiences that caused me to think this. I've had experiences with GMs who for example, (long story short) disliked actions done in IC around their own characters and from then on exhibited an objectively poor treatment towards me every where else they encountered me (OC), for reasons I suspect including bias.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu May 28, 2020 1:21 am

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:Endem

Alright. I'll buy it. I myself am sarcastic quite some, difference is I don't think I would have done nearly as much as you had (as a gm reviewing an app in an official capacity no less). I apologize if maybe I assumed too much about your thinking. It may just ironically be my own past experiences that caused me to think this. I've had experiences with GMs who for example, (long story short) disliked actions done in IC around their own characters and from then on exhibited an objectively poor treatment towards me every where else they encountered me (OC), for reasons I suspect including bias.

Alright, don't worry, feedback noted, I'll be less sarcastic from now on, expect a revised version of the review of your app here later during the day ( or in about 4 hours because I need to get through e-lessons first )
Last edited by Endem on Thu May 28, 2020 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Thu May 28, 2020 2:02 am

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:I won't even address that other stuff yet, Demencia, Anowa, whatever you might think of my app objectively, I don't appreciate them treating me this way. They are being very rude and I had hoped whatever they might have felt about our past interactions would not cause this kind of treatment towards me. I understand that there may be some legitimate objections in there but I don't think ALL of their objections are coming from the right place.

From a site moderator/admin point of view, I am this thread's god (next to them). From my point of view, Endem and Demencia are both gods in their own right. Their word is as solid as mine, and the only person who can overrule them is me, and I don't ever see a reason for that happening. You should consider yourself lucky it was Endem who de-escalated this issue and not me.

There will not be another instance of such a negative reaction.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Thu May 28, 2020 2:41 am

Endem wrote:
Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:Okay first off Endem

You got some kind of beef with me? Like, what's with the social justice warrior vibes I'm getting? I KNOW that was the beauty standard over there back then. My CHARACTER however need not like that aesthetic and I don't know why you think tsking over the humor aspect is at all constructive in terms of feedback.

No, I won't lie, I'm sarcastic from time to time during my reviews ( you can thank YouTube for this one ) so, sorry if I came of as rude, I can rewrite it to sound more professional

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:B : There is another character in accepted into the rp that has "runes and sigils" among other things in their app. Ease off.

Which character? Different people review different apps so I may have not reviewed that character but Demencia or Anowa may have, which for one reason or another they found the excerpt to be acceptable, which, here, I did not find, besides I only asked for clarification

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:C : there are other characters who have varying levels of "mystery" in their power origin. Calling you out there.

Yeah, myself included, but "unspecified gods" is simply too vague, what gods? Aztec?, Norse?, Greek?, those cultures all had different values, so their Gods would reflect those culture while even contradicting each other values from time to time.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:There's a character who has powers to manifest drawing and then...ethereal bolts.... Please don't box my character in. There are other characters who have powers that don't match their other power applications so well. What does electric manipulation have to do with the soul you ask. Well, not that it needs to but in some metaphysical thoughtlines, lightning equals energy. Energy equals soul/life force. Biology is life force. The powers fit just fine.

Ok, fine, I'll drop argument about these two powers

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:There is a character that is basically a ultra right wing ideologist meme, noting how their goals add up to "screw liberals and anything having to do with them". Then there's a "back in Soviet Russia" character. I don't know what your experience in Latin American culture is but there are plenty of other stereotypes going around.

*phew* okay, so, Anowa and Demencia knew exactly what I was going to post, and both said to go ahead, we communicate frequently, and both of co-ops were specifically asked to run their reviews through Anowa first, and there's a big difference between making the Character themselves being stereotypical ( iffy but acceptable ) and using stereotypes to describe people from the character's in the app, I don't know if you're South American or not, so even if this all was from experience I would not be able to know, and again, I'm sorry if I came off as rude or rash since I was sarcastic from time to time.[/quote]
William Christopher Hall-Brookes was the character that had "runes and sigils" in their powers listed... Kingdom of Irkh was the nation that posted the app I believe. It's in their powers section and my character's "Supernatural compatibility and facility" is also in the powers section. Mine is more detailed in my opinion however. For clarification I will say that no, he cannot do anything like move a celestial body. It's more of a SOURCE of power, not something he has power over, communion, not domination. When Jupiter is in line with such and such, x type of spell is more powerful.

The spheres of occult and holy are matters of opinion. It is thought that the difference lies in public perception, less than actual difference. To a layman raised Protestant, speaking ancient Aramaic would constitute an "occult" or even "demonic" experience. To someone who studies things like Jewish Kaballah however, it is more holy. I see my character having to choose to be a moot point as fields such as mythology and religion for example, are not really all as different as people think.

They are the same thing save for public perception, functionally interchangeable so why not have both? Flavor is what it comes down to mostly. Do you want to perform a blessing by reciting a Hail Mary or do you want to draw the symbol of Venus? Just different religions is all it is. It will come as a shocker when they end up doing the same thing. As for the mass thing it is nuanced. (Again it's flavor. Old vs new. Popular versus taboo). Lots of aspects of the mass could contribute to some power raised, just one thing may not bring about the desired change. The sign of the cross (he'd have to make it himself probably) for instance, will not have any effect if he harbors a lot of bias against the Christian faith. It's effect is partially by belief and tradition. I'd prefer to rp it out as opposed to having to explain every little aspect here of how he drums up power to make something happen. It's a lot more fun to see where he goes with the whole religion and magic thing organically than plan out every rule and nuance of raising power ahead of time like I'm playing dnd or something.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Thu May 28, 2020 2:48 am

Anowa wrote:
Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:I won't even address that other stuff yet, Demencia, Anowa, whatever you might think of my app objectively, I don't appreciate them treating me this way. They are being very rude and I had hoped whatever they might have felt about our past interactions would not cause this kind of treatment towards me. I understand that there may be some legitimate objections in there but I don't think ALL of their objections are coming from the right place.

From a site moderator/admin point of view, I am this thread's god (next to them). From my point of view, Endem and Demencia are both gods in their own right. Their word is as solid as mine, and the only person who can overrule them is me, and I don't ever see a reason for that happening. You should consider yourself lucky it was Endem who de-escalated this issue and not me.

Hold your horses there, reflect on calling yourself a "god" in your head again and return when you realize how that sounds. I don't care if St. Peter themselves cusses me out, I ain't taking it. I reserve the right to call out perceived biases and disrespect no matter who does it. Don't try that power play on me, I'm no groveling peasant. Don't matter if you're president of the United States, you ought act fair and civilized.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu May 28, 2020 3:23 am

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:
Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:*phew* okay, so, Anowa and Demencia knew exactly what I was going to post, and both said to go ahead, we communicate frequently, and both of co-ops were specifically asked to run their reviews through Anowa first, and there's a big difference between making the Character themselves being stereotypical ( iffy but acceptable ) and using stereotypes to describe people from the character's in the app, I don't know if you're South American or not, so even if this all was from experience I would not be able to know, and again, I'm sorry if I came off as rude or rash since I was sarcastic from time to time.

William Christopher Hall-Brookes was the character that had "runes and sigils" in their powers listed... Kingdom of Irkh was the nation that posted the app I believe. It's in their powers section and my character's "Supernatural compatibility and facility" is also in the powers section. Mine is more detailed in my opinion however. For clarification I will say that no, he cannot do anything like move a celestial body. It's more of a SOURCE of power, not something he has power over, communion, not domination. When Jupiter is in line with such and such, x type of spell is more powerful.

The spheres of occult and holy are matters of opinion. It is thought that the difference lies in public perception, less than actual difference. To a layman raised Protestant, speaking ancient Aramaic would constitute an "occult" or even "demonic" experience. To someone who studies things like Jewish Kaballah however, it is more holy. I see my character having to choose to be a moot point as fields such as mythology and religion for example, are not really all as different as people think.

They are the same thing save for public perception, functionally interchangeable so why not have both? Flavor is what it comes down to mostly. Do you want to perform a blessing by reciting a Hail Mary or do you want to draw the symbol of Venus? Just different religions is all it is. It will come as a shocker when they end up doing the same thing. As for the mass thing it is nuanced. (Again it's flavor. Old vs new. Popular versus taboo). Lots of aspects of the mass could contribute to some power raised, just one thing may not bring about the desired change. The sign of the cross (he'd have to make it himself probably) for instance, will not have any effect if he harbors a lot of bias against the Christian faith. It's effect is partially by belief and tradition. I'd prefer to rp it out as opposed to having to explain every little aspect here of how he drums up power to make something happen. It's a lot more fun to see where he goes with the whole religion and magic thing organically than plan out every rule and nuance of raising power ahead of time like I'm playing dnd or something.

Okay, I'm going to say it this way, it would be really much easier for all of us if you chose one specific religion or pantheon to be the source of your power, otherwise, there is a possibility of arguments if for example a blessing of Odin would do the same as for example a prayer to Jesus ( and while mythology and religion can be argued to be the same, the important distinction is that mythology is the study of religious traditions that are no longer practiced, while religion is a belief system, the analogue of mythology to currently practiced religions is theology )

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:
Anowa wrote:

Hold your horses there, reflect on calling yourself a "god" in your head again and return when you realize how that sounds. I don't care if St. Peter themselves cusses me out, I ain't taking it. I reserve the right to call out perceived biases and disrespect no matter who does it. Don't try that power play on me, I'm no groveling peasant. Don't matter if you're president of the United States, you ought act fair and civilized.

While yes, everybody should act civilized, the "God of this thread" is a popular expression symbolizing that OP has the ultimate power in his thread
Last edited by Endem on Thu May 28, 2020 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu May 28, 2020 3:43 am

I commended Anowa (yes, I know he didn't make the char, but still) for having a Russian that wasn't a villain. Honestly, I'm sick-and-tired of Russophobia. That trope's a cliche, it's played-out to all hell at this point.

Also, I didn't know having a patriotic, pro-USA char was "ultra-rightwing," is everyone in the US that's not in your politisphere "ultra-rightwing?" Also, "The Patriot" hails from the past, the past being the Eighties. It was very common to be that patriotic at that time. (and the remnants of that patriotism or American Exceptionalism survive to this day)
Last edited by HypErcApitAl on Thu May 28, 2020 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu May 28, 2020 3:48 am

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:William Christopher Hall-Brookes was the character that had "runes and sigils" in their powers listed... Kingdom of Irkh was the nation that posted the app I believe. It's in their powers section and my character's "Supernatural compatibility and facility" is also in the powers section.

Irkh was accepted because it's the exact same character from two prior iterations of GAU. Accepting such characters at this point is a formality. Your character however, is new, along with a plethora of others.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:Hold your horses there, reflect on calling yourself a "god" in your head again and return when you realize how that sounds. I don't care if St. Peter themselves cusses me out, I ain't taking it. I reserve the right to call out perceived biases and disrespect no matter who does it. Don't try that power play on me, I'm no groveling peasant. Don't matter if you're president of the United States, you ought act fair and civilized.

This is fair and civilized, Endem is asking you to clarify or change issues that myself, Demenica, and Endem all collectively noted. Personally, anything outside of powers I don't care too much about unless it's glaringly offputting.

The God of a Thread is the OP as stated here in no uncertain terms.
P2TM wrote:For P2TM game play, this means that the OP can set the rules for his own game. The OP can not set rules that are a violation of the OSRS rules. For example, they can't let their players run rated M or X games when we are all bound by the PG13 rule. They can ban players and, if that player refuses to leave their thread, they can request Moderator intervention. They can also ask Moderators to lock their thread, or to remove unsavory posts. PRO TIP: try to give Moderators as much info as you can when making a report. It helps them to understand the situation better. Don't worry if they don't get back to you right away; they're sometimes very busy. If you are asking for a player to be banned from your thread, advise your other players to not respond to him.

If this is your reaction to a metaphor, I'm not looking forward to future interactions. I'm currently in an insomniatic haze, so my patience currently doesn't exist. My potential guilt for making Endem waste his time is all that's currently standing between your character and thread ejection. I'd start listening.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Thu May 28, 2020 6:41 am

Anowa wrote:
Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:William Christopher Hall-Brookes was the character that had "runes and sigils" in their powers listed... Kingdom of Irkh was the nation that posted the app I believe. It's in their powers section and my character's "Supernatural compatibility and facility" is also in the powers section.

Irkh was accepted because it's the exact same character from two prior iterations of GAU. Accepting such characters at this point is a formality. Your character however, is new, along with a plethora of others.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:Hold your horses there, reflect on calling yourself a "god" in your head again and return when you realize how that sounds. I don't care if St. Peter themselves cusses me out, I ain't taking it. I reserve the right to call out perceived biases and disrespect no matter who does it. Don't try that power play on me, I'm no groveling peasant. Don't matter if you're president of the United States, you ought act fair and civilized.

This is fair and civilized, Endem is asking you to clarify or change issues that myself, Demenica, and Endem all collectively noted. Personally, anything outside of powers I don't care too much about unless it's glaringly offputting.

P2TM wrote:For P2TM game play, this means that the OP can set the rules for his own game. The OP can not set rules that are a violation of the OSRS rules. For example, they can't let their players run rated M or X games when we are all bound by the PG13 rule. They can ban players and, if that player refuses to leave their thread, they can request Moderator intervention. They can also ask Moderators to lock their thread, or to remove unsavory posts. PRO TIP: try to give Moderators as much info as you can when making a report. It helps them to understand the situation better. Don't worry if they don't get back to you right away; they're sometimes very busy. If you are asking for a player to be banned from your thread, advise your other players to not respond to him.

If this is your reaction to a metaphor, I'm not looking forward to future interactions. I'm currently in an insomniatic haze, so my patience currently doesn't exist. My potential guilt for making Endem waste his time is all that's currently standing between your character and thread ejection. I'd start listening.

1. Is that to say favoritism is alive and well then? That's your choice to make as GMs, doesn't make it fair however. By definition my app is being treated differently than theirs no matter how you put it.

2. Endem themself even admitted that the sarcasm could be construed as being too much. The feedback itself is welcomed, if from a good place. The issue I had was moreso because I thought it came from something personal against me.

3. That last post of yours only makes it sound like even less of a "metaphor" and maybe I wasn't over reacting. Just take a look at what you wrote. Sounds an awful lot like you're throwing your power around trying to act all large and in charge. "Oh I'm running real impatient with you now, shape up or I can have you banned". That's that childish stuff right there, flashing your authority around and threatening someone who dared to question your "undeniable power" or whatever. Can't be the only one seeing this...

Cybernetic Socialist Republics
Minister

Founded: May 17, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cybernetic Socialist Republics » Thu May 28, 2020 7:36 am

Edited my application to try change it in line with what has since been said.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 28, 2020 8:18 am

Cybernetic Socialist Republics wrote:Edited my application to try change it in line with what has since been said.

Ya know, whenever I read the appearance section of your app, I think of Power Girl but with the colours of the boots/gloves and the cape switched around.

Am I picturing it correctly or did you actually have something else in mind?
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu May 28, 2020 10:39 am

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:
Anowa wrote:

1. Is that to say favoritism is alive and well then? That's your choice to make as GMs, doesn't make it fair however. By definition my app is being treated differently than theirs no matter how you put it.

2. Endem themself even admitted that the sarcasm could be construed as being too much. The feedback itself is welcomed, if from a good place. The issue I had was moreso because I thought it came from something personal against me.

3. That last post of yours only makes it sound like even less of a "metaphor" and maybe I wasn't over reacting. Just take a look at what you wrote. Sounds an awful lot like you're throwing your power around trying to act all large and in charge. "Oh I'm running real impatient with you now, shape up or I can have you banned". That's that childish stuff right there, flashing your authority around and threatening someone who dared to question your "undeniable power" or whatever. Can't be the only one seeing this...

Alright, it's clear there's just going to be problems from here on out.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh, get out. Don't come back, don't keep talking, just leave.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cybernetic Socialist Republics » Thu May 28, 2020 10:53 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Cybernetic Socialist Republics wrote:Edited my application to try change it in line with what has since been said.

Ya know, whenever I read the appearance section of your app, I think of Power Girl but with the colours of the boots/gloves and the cape switched around.

Some ways similar, but:

Taller , has longer hair that she'll often wear in a bun, no "boob window", larger arms that are more proportional to her legs.

Boots are slightly higher and are laced combat boots, wears a pleated mid skirt with red and white vertical stripes.

Gloves are stylistically similar to the boots.

Cape is also a full cape.

I'll add this to the application.

Speaking of which, I'll be changing a few things about the application now that I have taken to compare and contrast it to others.
Last edited by Cybernetic Socialist Republics on Thu May 28, 2020 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu May 28, 2020 11:26 pm

Cybernetic Socialist Republics wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Ya know, whenever I read the appearance section of your app, I think of Power Girl but with the colours of the boots/gloves and the cape switched around.

Some ways similar, but:

Taller , has longer hair that she'll often wear in a bun, no "boob window", larger arms that are more proportional to her legs.

Boots are slightly higher and are laced combat boots, wears a pleated mid skirt with red and white vertical stripes.

Speaking of which, I'll be changing a few things about the application now that I have taken to compare and contrast it to others.

Alright, lemme know when you're done.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cybernetic Socialist Republics » Fri May 29, 2020 1:32 am

Anowa wrote:
Some ways similar, but:

Alright, lemme know when you're done.

Think it's done.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri May 29, 2020 1:39 am

Jesus H. Christ, Anowa. I know you do multiples (since you have multiple nations on Aftermath), but Jesus. How do you even remember that you have that many chars, or their backstories? I mean, I have a good memory, but I'd be occupied on the same thread/string posting for multiple chars.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri May 29, 2020 6:45 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Ya know, whenever I read the appearance section of your app, I think of Power Girl but with the colours of the boots/gloves and the cape switched around.

Some ways similar, but:

Thanks for that clarification!

A small question, why do you need or want excellence in practically the whole range of martial arts? Wouldn't perhaps just excellent swordfighting, maybe but really not necessarily also enhanced with excellence in one form of unarmed combat be enough?

Afterall, your character can already lift up to 60 tons, can tank hand grenades and fly at mach 1,5.

I'm not an OP or Co-OP so I can't tell you what they'll say, perhaps they'll allow it, perhaps they won't. Just saying that technically, the character really doesn't need it, does she?
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cybernetic Socialist Republics » Fri May 29, 2020 7:38 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Some ways similar, but:

Thanks for that clarification!

A small question, why do you need or want excellence in practically the whole range of martial arts? Wouldn't perhaps just excellent swordfighting, maybe but really not necessarily also enhanced with excellence in one form of unarmed combat be enough?

Afterall, your character can already lift up to 60 tons, can tank hand grenades and fly at mach 1,5.

I'm not an OP or Co-OP so I can't tell you what they'll say, perhaps they'll allow it, perhaps they won't. Just saying that technically, the character really doesn't need it, does she?

I mean by the same reasoning she wouldn't need martial arts, she wouldn't need swordfighting abilities either, as she could just use brute force.

The thing is though, is she'd often be finding herself fighting other, stronger, meta-humans. In that case brute force wouldn't be enough, she'd need skill, particularly since there clearly are meta-humans that are simply more durable than her. I can say for a fact, that multiple accepted applications are in combination stronger/more durable than she is woth more niche weaknesses even.
Last edited by Cybernetic Socialist Republics on Fri May 29, 2020 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jinkara
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jinkara » Fri May 29, 2020 8:58 am

Gods Among Us Character Application

Character Description
    Name: Porter Kendrick
    Aliases: P.K
    Appearance:
    Porter wears a red pirate outfit as well as a pirate red eye patch on his left eye; he wears a blue crown with diamonds. He has long black hair; and wears a pair of broken down pirate boots.

Motivations
    Goals: His ultimate goal is to ensure that everyone can be happy; and that no body would suffer by creating his own dream world.
    Fears: He is afraid of his own inner demons; as well as causing harm to those who cares about and loves.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Source of Power: He was genetically engineered at birth to have his powers
    Powers : The power to control fire and water
    Abilities: He is able to adapt quickly to different locations and change accordingly.
    Equipment: He has a pistol and he has a flying jet.
    Weaknesses: Blind on his left eye, and he has a sickness that causes him to faint occasionally, if he fights for more than 2 hours straight.

Background:
    Job: Pirate
    Legal Status: Anti-Villain who was banished from his home as a noble.
    Backstory: Before Porter was born, his family had been the rulers of a small Island named; Nagiamato; however, his island was constantly raided and pillaged by outsiders; so his parents decided to genetically engineer this new child they were pregnant with to ensure that they could have powers to defend his island in the future. However, when he was born they found out that despite he was powerful; he had many deficiencies such as his sickness that causes him to faint, eventually as he became aged 3; his entire Island was destroyed due to a natural disaster and he escaped due to his ability to control the fire and water. He was raised in a world as an orphan and by suffering, he wanted to ensure nobody would ever have to suffer again in the world; so he decided that he would control the world by brainwashing everyone into becoming his minions and experience only joy in the world.

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Fri May 29, 2020 10:34 am

Character Description
    Name: Charles Alexander Highcastle
    Aliases: Nimrod
    Appearance:

Motivations
    Goals: Repay TIAMA for its assistance, find or found an anchor in these alien times.
    Fears: Gas attacks, losing a limb or two, being coated in burning petrol. He is also possesses by a foreboding unease, against what, he cannot tell. Perhaps the mores, the change.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Source of Power: Magic
    Powers:
      Thermokinesis: Highcastle can adjust temperatures in a 50 meter radius. He can freeze water, heat up his hands, smother fires, melt his bullets. The energy required increases exponentially the further away, the larger the volume of matter, and the larger the temperature variation. There is a concentration penalty for heating up concealed objects.
      Fireball: Materialises a small orb of fire that can be hurled to cause a blast five paces in diameter.
      The Sixth Sense: Highcastle is instinctively able to feel temperatures in his immediate surroundings and field of view.
    Abilities: As an old Army officer, he is somewhat physically fit and well trained in martial matters such as close quarters combat, fencing, bartitsu, gunfighting, as well as obsolescent small unit tactics and outdated field manoeuvrers. Thanks to a good education at a grammar school, he boasts a substantial erudition and is capable of speaking Latin, French, German and some Russian. He also enjoys tinkering in his shed.
    Equipment:
      Argentine FN-49 w/ bayonet, sling, rubber buttpad, & 5 × 20-round magazines
      Browning Hi-Power w/ 2 × 15-round magazines
      Webley Mk V Revolver w/ lanyard & 5 × Prideaux speedloaders
      Hickory sword cane with brass handle
      Brodie helmet
      Low-vis plate carrier
      Leatherman multitool
      Pack of energy gel, energy bars and a canteen with energy drink
    Weaknesses:
      Hypermetabolism: To use his magic, Charles must draw from his own energy, which significantly speeds up his metabolism. If he does not eat properly before a long fight, he will be drained and left vulnerable.
      Sticks and stones: Apart from a stiff upper lip, his physique is as fragile as that of an average man. There is no bullet-proof chest, no wings, no super speed.

Background:
    Job:: Anonymous political commentator, homesteader.
    Legal Status:: British citizen residing in America, TIAMA vigilante.
    Backstory:
    Charles was born in 1899 to an English family of military tradition. His early years were shaped by the tales of victory from Trafalgar to South Africa, and he yearned to join the fighting in Europe as soon as the Great War broke out, though he was mostly deprived of his wish by his age as well as the time necessary for his formation. Nevertheless, he managed to be deployed as a lieutenant during the last months of the campaign. Despite this short service, the tales of paranormal happenings in the front reached him through his more experienced subordinates, leading the officer to interest himself in arcane and esoteric matters. In 1920, he joined a petition to establish a commission for the investigation and study of these phenomena, which was rejected due to skepticism and a lack of available funds. Despite being the target of mockery and ridicule, the team pursued research and was able to produce evidence of paranormal activity as well as preliminary results in telekinesis. After a re-evaluation, the Directorate of Paranormal Operations was clandestinely founded and attached to the War Office in 1922. Thanks to this position, Highcastle made his way to the rank of Major.

The commission did not find anything of substance while studying the spiritism popular in Britain, but managed to rediscover and systematise traditions of telekinesis of pyromancy practiced by Europeans which were later adopted by many meta-human members of staff, such as Highcastle. While pyromancy offered some interesting possibilities, the most promising project was to be that of planar teleportation, which would introduce a revolution in logistics and tactical movement. The first experiments were quite successful, with test subjects being able to move men and material through a dozen yards in split seconds. Despite the temperamental nature of long-range experiments, Charles volunteered as a guinea pig, blinded by his eagerness. In a cold winter night the transportation ritual was poorly conducted, resulting in the release of unnecessary power. The building combusted into a host of unnatural fires and lights which severely wounded eighteen personnel, among which the meta-human staff that founded the main foundation of the project. The Directorate was already facing diminishing returns for increasing risks, and with one of its founders dead, its main project foiled as well as its main assets crippled, it was shut down then covered up. Charles was destroyed, his physicality shattered and scattered by the planar winds.

In 2018, however, a cultist ritual in New York went awry. Instead of gifting its cultists with esoteric powers, or summoning an eldritch beast from the abyss, Charles had his body and consciousness reassembled. Astonished and shocked by the crude symbols and artifacts in the ritual grounds, he proceeded to beat and scare the unwilling saviours off. He took to the streets, gazing with wonder and dread at the unfamiliar landscape and its residents until he was arrested by the NYPD for open carry. With help from TIAMA and the British government, he was set free. Instead of returning to Britain however, he decided to remain with TIAMA to repay the favour. He has spent the last years attempting to readjust and taking on jobs for the organisation.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat May 30, 2020 1:35 am

Cybernetic Socialist Republics wrote:(I hope that I didn't go too far out with references to the military, those can be changed if need be, also i tried to keep her powers in spiderman/wolverine range.)

Character Description
    Name: Amalure Davis
    Aliases: Ophiuchia (detractors have been know to call her Oviciousia)
    Appearance:
    A six and a half foot, tall blonde warrior. Her face is angular with ice cold, penetrating blue eyes that are juxtaposed with a face very much capable of a warm smile. She wears her hair at medium length and she tends to put it ina abun before combat if given the opportunity. She clearly is very muscular, with broad shoulders and matching hips, though she is proportionate.

Her main costume colors are the american red, white and blue.

It consists of red calf length laced combat boots, a mid thigh length pleated skirt (similar to a tennis skirt) with verticle red and blue stripes. Her upper body is a skin tight white that reveals her musculature, along with blue and red seams. Her gloves are red and sylistically similar to her combat boots. She wears a full blue cape covered in the 50 white stars of the american flag.

She carries sword of clearly alien technology origin. The blade is red with a blue strip running down it it's middle with a white hilt and red grip.

Secondary costume:

Ophiuchia has a secondary costume for gauntlet mode. Her gloves and boots are replaced with aethelind changing her self into a set of gauntlets, boots, back thrusters and a helmet, all being grey with black lines. Likewise, the ret of her coatume is air tight and black. Her helmet looking party mortocycle helmet part gas mask. She does not wear any cape.

Motivations: [/spize] Ophiuchia sees herself as, and projects an image of being the embodiment of the most courageous parts of the american progressive tradition. She has a slightly concealed disdain for meta-humans, as she sees them as an inherent threat to an egalitarian society. Her public facing view is that they all ought to be under strict democratic accountability.

Goals: Hopes to see all meta humans put under the control of democratic institutions in the US and in the world at large. Privately for herself, she has individual political ambitons, namely, one day becoming the first meta-human President and the longest serving president, period.

Fears: She fears a world in which she has failed to keep meta-humans from establishing fiefdoms from which they rule the rest of humanity either through personal rule or on behslf of corporatiom
    Ns Though this largely stems from a fear of her being seen as having failed.

[size=150]Strengths and Weaknesses

Source of Power: Half-alien aided by an advanced artificial intelligence nanite matrix that usually manifests itself as a sword named Aethelind.

Powers :

Flight: In the presence of her sword, Aethelind, Ophiuchia is capable of flight up to around Mach 1.5 along with high G maneuvering.

Superhuman Physiology: Ophiuchia is much faster, stronger, more agile than even her impressive physique implies. She can survive the blast of a typical hand grenade without injury, which also happens to be the forcd created by a sufden stop from 1.5 mach and her 250 pound body weight. In general she is about 10 times quicker and more durable than peak humans. Her raw lifting strength, is another matter, while she can not do it with ease, she has managed to lift a 60 ton tank, though the effort left her exhausted.

Abilities: Genius tactician and strategist, excellent, though not "best of the best" swordswoman, prefering to instead be excellent (but also not best of the best) across the whole range of martial arts. Very quick to reach, aided by eidetic memory, above average in more or less any field, but still requires the same dedication normally associated with becoming elite in any field, augmented, of course, by her memory and powers. Very compelling orator. Ruthlessly machiavellian.

Equipment: Her sword, Aethelind. A nanite A.I. construct that normally takes the form of a sword that Ophiuchia wields, but is capable of other forms, limited primarily by its current mass. It has for example, formed into a suit of armour. Aethelind, in addition to being swung like a sword, is fully capable of projecting lasers and forcefields, increasing and shrinking it's mass overtime. It can communicate with back and forth without Ophiuchia without verbalization, but can not read her mind. It is more than capable of communicating it's intent in speech in all human languages (allowing it to translate to Ophiuchia, with. some delay), along with higher level planning. If Aethelind forms an exoskeleton around Ophiuchia, it increases her base powers at the expense of limiting the transformative powers of the sword. In addition to Aethelind needing to take time to transform in and out of said form, making major combat transformations impossible.

Aethelind also produces contacts for Ophiuchia that gives her "x-ray" vision alongside a HUD that can provide diagnostic information about her weapon, physical condition and surroundings.

In passive mode, the forcefield aethelid generates is 10 times Ophiuchia's own physical durability, this force field can be changed in shape snd size, dulling and concentrating it's effectiveness based on the change. This is also where the sword gets it's ability to project energy.

The second most common form that Aethelind takes is sort of minimal psudeo-exoskeleton refered to as gauntlet mode. It is functionally a set of gauntlets, boots, a helmet and some bsck thrusters connected with a thin fiber that mostly serves as an airtight seal and pattern enhancer for Aethelind's forcefields. These enhancers being particularly important, as in this form, the forcefields are about half as strong as normal with the capacity to manipulate the shape of their shape completely lost outside of the immediate area around the gauntlets, boots, thrusters and helmet. The utility of this form is purely in the fact that it increases Ophiucia's peak strength and endurance by 4 times and makes her capable of hypersonic flight.

Weaknesses: More vulnerable to silicon coated weaponry. Being hit by silicon coated weapons has the effect on her a similar hit sould have on a peak human. The force field Aethelind uses works only for high velocity weapons and energy weapons. Impacts on the forcefield create a bright red colouration emenating from the force of the hit, which obscures vision both ways, in the visible light spectrum and below it, meaning radio communications in the direction of the effected area are also concealed. Once the entire force field has been coloured bright red, it breaks and requires 10 seconds to reform.

Because the same force field system creates the energy outputs used in attacks, Ophiuchia's shield weakens or completely depleats over a given area when used in energy attacks, depending on the volume and mass. While the changes in shape of the forcefield can happen almost instantly, reseting to the passive shape, at full strength takes the full 10 seconds, and during that time the total shield strength is weaker proportional to the degree of the shift.

Aethelind can transmute any matter, build and lose mass, but the resulting heat output will occur, limiting the pace it can occur at without danger.

Extreme excertion in Gauntlet mode has more than once caused Ophucia to spend nearly sll of the following day in Aethelind assisted sleep.

The longer Ophiucia spends around the limits of her physiology, the weaker her inhibitions get, which has the nasty side effect of making her more vicous and sadistic at the expense of larger goals.

Background:

Job: Left-wing social media influencer/commentator/writer, freelance blogger

Legal Status: US Citizen

Backstory: Ophiuchia was the codename given to her when found in a californian mountain cave in a small nursery built by Aethelind. She was an alien/human hybrid, birthed after Aethelind fell in east california's mountain range and concealed her through her gestation, as relayed by Aethelind. Spotted first by authorities when it entered the atmosphere, they could not track it down until locals made complaints about flashes of light coming from the mountains. Locals apparently investigated, but Aethelind concealed them both until the US military got involved.

She was raised inside Area 51. Originally the plan was to attempt to raise her with a modicum of normality with foster parents, which Aethelind was willing to accept, but upon military authorities recognizing how dangerous she was, they instead ended up coming to an agreement in which she'd more or less be solely raised by Aethelind. This agreement also allowed Ophiuchia a measure of freedom regarding her future endeavours down the line.

As one might imagine, a superpowered half-Alien girl raised by a weapon of mass destruction did not wind up perfectly adjusted. She, on the level, has, in the largest possible sense, a respect for justice, fairness and equality. On a personal level, she is very much a sociopath and a sadist. It's not quite that she is not capable of empathy, otherwise her larger worldview wouldn't be sustainable, it's just she does not see much use for it at a personal level beyond achieving larger ends. This also leads to her being a skilled manipulator.

Regular human beings are rarely a target of hers. She is instead known, particularly among detractors, to eagerly use excessive force against villain meta-humans. Aethelind has cynically commented she gained significant energy savings from convincing Ophiuchia to wear red gloves and boots because "the energy expenditure spent keeping her costume their natural colors in battles was running high".

She is, by no means a joyless person however and has quite the sense of humor, though it is rather dark. Her civilian name, which she chose in her teens, having gone by her code name up until then, is a grim inside joke tribute to "her two favourite male role models."

Upon the adoption of her civilian name, she was enrolled in 4 years of highschool in california, having acquired a cover story that she had been homeschooled up until then. Advised against participating too much in sports, as a caution against potentially revealing her status as half alien meta-human, she instead took her competitive nature to student politics. It is there she developed a passion for left-wing politics, leading her to pursue a four year degree in political science with a minor in history while also building an online brand.

More importantly for her hero career, she came out as a Super-hero and joined TIAMA when she turned 18, before going to university, though she had long been training. This had a side effect of significantly helping her career as a left wing social media figure. Her use of american imagery in her costume helped make her still publicly friendly enough for sponsorships and some respects it limited her appeal to some on the more america critical left. She has also developed a large, dedicated, (in no small part due to those attracted to her) following that's helped do apologetics for her more violent indiscretions when she can't conceal them.

Ophiuchia has a habit of sheathing Aethelind and resorting to punching, choking, kicking and stomping meta-human foes when she feels she has sufficiently weakened them, prefering to finish them off with her own hands. Pleas for mercy, provided that she thinks that only she had heard them, are often treated by her as an invitation to do so until her enemy stops moving. While she studiously avoids killing (aethelind's constant diagnostics of foes helps her know when to stop,) crippling and maiming is very rare for her, but not out of the question with those she considers particularly dangerous nuisances. She also avoids situations where her deep sadism can play out in the open, projecting the image of a sweet girl scout that one just should know better than to mess with, that can sometimes get a "little" overzealous.

During friendly spars with other super-heroes she is very competitive, but restrains herself from excess, though she restrains her a bit less with super-heroes she has one thing or another against.

Lessoni wrote:

Character Description
    Name: Jack Dredd
    Aliases: Blink
    Appearance:
    Scrawny, mildly handsome Korean. Brown eyes, black hair, stands at 6’1 and weighs in at 125 lbs

Motivations
    Goals: Fame, glory, cash, and a dash of altruism
    Fears: Afraid of losing himself in the Void.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Source of Power: Genetic enhancement

Powers :
    The Void: The Void is a dimension that runs nearly directly under ours. Here, time and space don’t follow our rules; a day there is about a second here. Navigating the Void is difficult. One must firmly have a destination in mind when entering. When exiting, they’ll be there. Jack can sink into this Void, and is capable of navigating it with quite some proficiency. If he can see a place, he can get there, regardless of little things like walls or doors. He can also use it to get to places he is already familiar with, though this takes slightly longer than by line of sight. This ability also doesn’t work through cameras.

Abilities: N/A

Equipment:
    Dagger roughly 12 inches in length meant for stabbing.

Weaknesses:
    The draw: When entering the Void, Jack feels compelled to stay. If he’s beaten up enough, he might give in. While the amount of pain required is heavily situational, but is generally on the level of two or three broken bones, severe internal bleeding, or major psychic attacks.
    Blinding: Jack can’t go where he can’t see, at least not midfight. Smoke, dust, steam, or any other vision obstructing substance limit him severely. In addition, any remaining particulates in his eyes after the smoke clears will block his powers. If his eyes are watering, he probably can't enter the Void.

Background:
    Job: Pizza delivery
    Legal Status: Technically a vigilante.
    Backstory: Chicago’s a mean city. Maybe not in the cushy, rich neighborhoods, but that was about the opposite of Jack’s side of town. Jack contended with thugs and goons every other week, mostly out of a foolish refusal to back down, regardless of actual physical ability. Needless to say, he often had to explain bruises to concerned parents. When he was 16, a particularly ferocious beating ended weirdly; halfway through, he felt warm, comfortable. Safe. He wondered what had happened. Maybe closing his eyes had killed him. He opened them to something he’s never quite been able to describe to someone who hasn’t been besides “beautiful”. He stayed for what seemed like hours. The pain didn’t fade, but he didn’t much care. It was nice in there. Finally, his ribs aching and his jaw stinging, he thought of home. He closed his eyes, and when he opened them, he was home. Bleeding, bruised, and filled with a longing he couldn’t quite place, but home.

He spent a long time trying to get back to that place, trying everything he could. He even paid someone to beat the ever living shit out of him. He was both sorely disappointed and out twenty bucks when it didn’t work. Finally, one day, he realized he’d locked himself out of the house in the dead of winter. Looking through the window, he’d never wanted to be somewhere more than his warm bed. He blinked, and that’s where he was. With this trick figured out, he made a decision. Heroes existed now. Why not join up? He got in contact with TIAMA, and was promptly turned down as a hero for inexperience. Instead, they offered him a spot in an academy. He didn't much like being told he wasn't good enough; that alone was enough to put him off any school they operated. Instead, he went into the vigilante line of work, and promptly realized he should've gone to the academy. He spent the better part of a year learning to use his power, getting his ass kicked along the way but more importantly learning to kick ass. After building something of a name for himself, both for his vigilante work and subsequent avoidance of the police, TIAMA were much more interested.

Sudbrazil wrote:

Character Description
    Name: Charles Alexander Highcastle
    Aliases: Nimrod
    Appearance:

Motivations
    Goals: Repay TIAMA for its assistance, find or found an anchor in these alien times.
    Fears: Gas attacks, losing a limb or two, being coated in burning petrol. He is also possesses by a foreboding unease, against what, he cannot tell. Perhaps the mores, the change.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Source of Power: Magic
    Powers:
      Thermokinesis: Highcastle can adjust temperatures in a 50 meter radius. He can freeze water, heat up his hands, smother fires, melt his bullets. The energy required increases exponentially the further away, the larger the volume of matter, and the larger the temperature variation. There is a concentration penalty for heating up concealed objects.
      Fireball: Materialises a small orb of fire that can be hurled to cause a blast five paces in diameter.
      The Sixth Sense: Highcastle is instinctively able to feel temperatures in his immediate surroundings and field of view.
    Abilities: As an old Army officer, he is somewhat physically fit and well trained in martial matters such as close quarters combat, fencing, bartitsu, gunfighting, as well as obsolescent small unit tactics and outdated field manoeuvrers. Thanks to a good education at a grammar school, he boasts a substantial erudition and is capable of speaking Latin, French, German and some Russian. He also enjoys tinkering in his shed.
    Equipment:
      Argentine FN-49 w/ bayonet, sling, rubber buttpad, & 5 × 20-round magazines
      Browning Hi-Power w/ 2 × 15-round magazines
      Webley Mk V Revolver w/ lanyard & 5 × Prideaux speedloaders
      Hickory sword cane with brass handle
      Brodie helmet
      Low-vis plate carrier
      Leatherman multitool
      Pack of energy gel, energy bars and a canteen with energy drink
    Weaknesses:
      Hypermetabolism: To use his magic, Charles must draw from his own energy, which significantly speeds up his metabolism. If he does not eat properly before a long fight, he will be drained and left vulnerable.
      Sticks and stones: Apart from a stiff upper lip, his physique is as fragile as that of an average man. There is no bullet-proof chest, no wings, no super speed.

Background:
    Job:: Anonymous political commentator, homesteader.
    Legal Status:: British citizen residing in America, TIAMA vigilante.
    Backstory:
    Charles was born in 1899 to an English family of military tradition. His early years were shaped by the tales of victory from Trafalgar to South Africa, and he yearned to join the fighting in Europe as soon as the Great War broke out, though he was mostly deprived of his wish by his age as well as the time necessary for his formation. Nevertheless, he managed to be deployed as a lieutenant during the last months of the campaign. Despite this short service, the tales of paranormal happenings in the front reached him through his more experienced subordinates, leading the officer to interest himself in arcane and esoteric matters. In 1920, he joined a petition to establish a commission for the investigation and study of these phenomena, which was rejected due to skepticism and a lack of available funds. Despite being the target of mockery and ridicule, the team pursued research and was able to produce evidence of paranormal activity as well as preliminary results in telekinesis. After a re-evaluation, the Directorate of Paranormal Operations was clandestinely founded and attached to the War Office in 1922. Thanks to this position, Highcastle made his way to the rank of Major.

The commission did not find anything of substance while studying the spiritism popular in Britain, but managed to rediscover and systematise traditions of telekinesis of pyromancy practiced by Europeans which were later adopted by many meta-human members of staff, such as Highcastle. While pyromancy offered some interesting possibilities, the most promising project was to be that of planar teleportation, which would introduce a revolution in logistics and tactical movement. The first experiments were quite successful, with test subjects being able to move men and material through a dozen yards in split seconds. Despite the temperamental nature of long-range experiments, Charles volunteered as a guinea pig, blinded by his eagerness. In a cold winter night the transportation ritual was poorly conducted, resulting in the release of unnecessary power. The building combusted into a host of unnatural fires and lights which severely wounded eighteen personnel, among which the meta-human staff that founded the main foundation of the project. The Directorate was already facing diminishing returns for increasing risks, and with one of its founders dead, its main project foiled as well as its main assets crippled, it was shut down then covered up. Charles was destroyed, his physicality shattered and scattered by the planar winds.

In 2018, however, a cultist ritual in New York went awry. Instead of gifting its cultists with esoteric powers, or summoning an eldritch beast from the abyss, Charles had his body and consciousness reassembled. Astonished and shocked by the crude symbols and artifacts in the ritual grounds, he proceeded to beat and scare the unwilling saviours off. He took to the streets, gazing with wonder and dread at the unfamiliar landscape and its residents until he was arrested by the NYPD for open carry. With help from TIAMA and the British government, he was set free. Instead of returning to Britain however, he decided to remain with TIAMA to repay the favour. He has spent the last years attempting to readjust and taking on jobs for the organisation.

All Accepted.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse