NATION

PASSWORD

Gods Among Us (OOC|Superhero|Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri May 15, 2020 5:58 pm

Anowa wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:His skillset. This means that an average person wouldn't have these skills, or the muscle memory that George'd have.

Okay, literally the last time, then I'm gonna shitcan this app.
What is his skillset?

I just told you it, above. Chemistry, Armor/gearbuilding, lab safety, general sciences (as in shit you'd learn at school)

The Average Joe would learn Lab Safety in school, but would most-likely forget it. Since George Tennerman is a Chemist, and literally has to do that everyday since it's his job, he'd be very good at it. Chemistry is his skillset, he'd be very good at it (since it's literally his job, and he'd studied and practiced it so many times.) Armor/gearbuilding (because his armor/suit practically calls for him to be good at updating and making other armors/technologies for other people.)

Don't shitcan/throwaway the app. I've tried so hard to address your complaints/issues.

I had to specify "that's his skillset" since the co-OP tried tearing me a new asshole there by saying: "Partly going with the above, what does Chemistry/General Science ability entail? If it's that he understands it well, what's the Powers section mean?" earlier.

It's not that I'm being vague or anything, it's that I feel like y'all are misunderstanding me or that char/app. I feel like I'm saying the same damn thing several times. (Y'all asked me what can Tennerman's suit do, I gave you the answer. I got that. I'm not trying to say that y'all don't understand. I get why y'all asked.)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri May 15, 2020 6:00 pm

Edited it again. Switched again, since that's not really a "skillset," so it'd be just Science/Chemistry and armorbuilding/technology. In the same vein all of that char stuff isn't a weakness, the other stuff isn't really a "skillset."

In-concept, I feel like I started off well (besides powers/abilities/strengths/weaknesses. Now, that was the (hair)trigger. I took my concept char, sorted some things out, kept my concept idea of how he'd fight (Chemicals/Energies and/with a suit) and that's it.
Last edited by HypErcApitAl on Fri May 15, 2020 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Fri May 15, 2020 6:19 pm

Gods Among Us Character Application

Character Description
    Name: James H. Johnson
    Aliases: The Doctor
    Appearance:

Without costume:

Costume:

Motivations
    Goals: He has superhuman powers. He believes that his powers were gifted to him for a reason, that being helping his fellow citizens.
    Fears: He fears the possibility of his superhero identity leaking out. He doesn't want people to know that he has superpowers or that he is fighting crime. He wants to be a normal guy at day.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Source of Power: James is an alien, originating from a distant Galaxy.

Powers :

Telekinesis: The Doctor is able to move objects and to push away people without physical interaction. The downside is that he needs to concentrate on the thing/person he wants to move and that the greater the movement/push, the greater is the required physical exertion. If he moves away a minor object or pushes away two persons, he feels only slightly tired. If he tries to push away tens of people or move a gargantuan object, he may faint or even die.

Persuasion: The Doctor is able to convince people to tell him their desires. In order to do so, he must look them right in the eyes. This mind control lasts only a brief moment and the subject only utters a sentence or two. As with his telekinesis, it takes a degree of concentration. Overuse of the power can lead to terrible headaches and even internal bleeding.

Sweet Scent: James exerts a sweet scent that is able to captivate women, making them temporarily madly attracted to him. The effects lasts only when they are near him. When he wears his costume, he cannot really make use of this skill so it is usable only when he is out of his costume.

Abilities:

Charming speaker: James is quite a charming speaker, captivating the interest of those who listen to him.
    Talented writer: While by no means a literary genius, he is a competent enough writer.
    Historian: He has a deep knowledge of history, especially European.
    Wing-Tsun: He has a good enough knowledge of this martial arts system. He isn't a top notch warrior, but he knows enough moves to defend himself from average thugs.

Equipment:

Plague Doctor Costume: His interest in European history has led him to acquire various historical items. Among them is an authentic, 17th century plague doctor costume that he uses to hide his crime-fighting identity.

Knives: He owns three military knives.

Weaknesses: As already mentioned, overuse of his superhuman abilities can lead to him losing consciousness or even dying, so he must be careful with his timing and how much he uses them. Aside from that, other weaknesses include that he has only average physique & strength and that he has to balance his work schedule and crime-fighting duties.

Background:
    Job: Writer at the monthly history magazine 'Historia'.
    Legal Status: James is a US citizen. The Doctor is wanted by the police, despite the fact that he is stopping crimes: he rarely shows himself and the one time he has shown himself, it was when a policeman tried to apprehend him after seeing him beat up a man (who was a thug, but the policeman did not have the slightest clue about this).
    Backstory:
    In a distant galaxy, the Dramorian Empire rules over ten planetary systems. An authoritarian regime, it is headed by the 'Dominators', a race of humanoid beings with supernatural abilities. They can mentally connect with each other, sharing their thoughts. They rule the Empire as a 'Master Race', subjecting the other races in the Empire to the status of slaves. Wanting to explore the furthest reaches of space, they launched starships (with invincible cloak devises) manned by Dominator babies, laid inside capsules that would nourish their bodies for the space journey ahead. By the time they would reach their destination, they would be adults. Each starship contained a 'VX-Crystal' that would mentally transfer all the necessary information and orders to the Dominator adults.

James (or Xanthier Vargas El Sorator) was a Dominator baby but his starship was pulled into a wormhole and brought in our galaxy. It only took a few months for the starship to reach Earth, which it mistaken for its destination. It landed on a farm in Iowa. James was only two years old when he woke up from his capsule. He had no idea where he was or why he was in that place. He got out of the straship and was found by Adam H. Johnson and his wife Roberta, farmers in the area. They initially searched for his parents but seeing that no one wanted the kid, they decided to adopt him

James was an average student at junior high school and high school, but he excelled at literary subjects and history. He amassed a huge collection of history books. When he was 15, in a fit of rage over a romantic rejection, he first used his telekinesis powers: he pushed away a car, smashing it. James collapsed on the road and was found with internal and external bleeding. His parents believed he was a victim of some attacker, who had also smashed the car. James recovered, but he was scared and decided not to tell anything to his parents about it. In the fields, he would practice his skills alone. He found out that he could use his powers only when concentrating. He couldn't understand why he used reflectively his telekinetic powers that day. Other times he got extremely agitated, nothing out of the ordinary happened.

At the age of 17, he found out by accident that he could somehow persuade people to tell him their desires when looking them in the eyes. At first he attributed to a normal, natural charm but he soon realized it was a supernatural strength. So was his ability to make women around him become madly attracted towards him, which made him quite the popular kid among women in his last high school class. Thanks to his excellent grades, he managed to get a scholarship at Princeton University to study history. After completing his studies and gaining a Masters degree in Medieval European history, he moved to New York after a friend found him a cheap apartment and a job at the monthly historical magazine 'Historia'.

When he witnessed one night two thugs murdering a young woman, he used his supernatural abilities to beat them up. He felt a sense of exhilaration and happiness with his actions. He finally contributed in a meaningful manner to society. He finally did something more than being a simple author of historical articles. James decided that this was his duty. He had to make use of his superpowers to help others. Not wanting his identity to be leaked, he realized that he needed some kind of costume. He decided to use a 17th century plague doctor costume he managed to obtain from an antique shop some time ago. It is thanks to this costume that he is known as the 'Doctor'.

Now James is living a double-life, author at a history magazine at day and crime-fighting superhero at night.

Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri May 15, 2020 6:22 pm

Mandicoria this is your app's review
Roughly 8,000 Megawatts

Tone it down a bit, 8,000 Megawatts is roughly the world's production of geothermal energy

They're mainly used for his community service work though.

Please clarify how are they used as a whip is hardly a tool to do work other than whipping someone

If he even thinks of going over his ridiculously high "Safe Zone" for energy consumption/storage, he WILL overload and explode

This needs to be changed otherwise he'd explode the second he learns of this, you know how you think of something just because it's mentioned even if you're told to not think about it, yeah, this would happen

Overall, the app is fine, little to change other then what I pointed out
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri May 15, 2020 6:22 pm

Reminds me alot of Doctor Who. I love it!
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri May 15, 2020 6:31 pm

Sperio this is your app's review

Meat Human

What is a meat human? And while we're at it, what is a not meat human, anyway, this needs to be changed, or better yet, removed from the app, just "he was born with them" will do

Elementalist: Jason has the power of Pyro/Cryo/Geo/fuminokisis. Able to to control Fire, Ice, Earth and Electricity. He can generate them and control them by changing the element on his arms.

Be specific with your powers, we need exactly, how? why? and when? Because right now, his power sounds overpowered

Slow Down there Zeus: He may seem powerful but is not a god, his powers aren't so good he can Flatten Mountains. He's also limited to standard variations, as in he can't use Magnesium Fire or such. Cyro/Fuminokisis doesn't allow him control over sky, weather, or Water.

Be specific with your weaknesses what exactly is his limit?

Legal Status: Anti Hero

So, a villain or a hero, and, is he one the lawful side of the law, or the other side?

Backstory is barebones and has grammatical errors, please fix
Last edited by Endem on Fri May 15, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri May 15, 2020 6:32 pm

I feel like I'll have to throwaway my George T. char. It's a shame, but I don't feel like getting a Migraine or Splitting Headache over it.
Last edited by HypErcApitAl on Fri May 15, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Mandicoria
Senator

Founded: Sep 10, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Fri May 15, 2020 6:37 pm

Endem wrote:Mandicoria this is your app's review
Roughly 8,000 Megawatts

Tone it down a bit, 8,000 Megawatts is roughly the world's production of geothermal energy

They're mainly used for his community service work though.

Please clarify how are they used as a whip is hardly a tool to do work other than whipping someone

If he even thinks of going over his ridiculously high "Safe Zone" for energy consumption/storage, he WILL overload and explode

This needs to be changed otherwise he'd explode the second he learns of this, you know how you think of something just because it's mentioned even if you're told to not think about it, yeah, this would happen

Overall, the app is fine, little to change other then what I pointed out

Alright will fix these up real quick!

Edited them, feel free to review the changes!
Last edited by Mandicoria on Fri May 15, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silly little creature, she/they
apologies if im like, really aloof. this site has an affect on me.
What if Humanity was as Important as it thought it was... But it turned out to not be a very good thing.
also i rip off warhammer, DOOM, and halo unapologetically
Highly suggest listening to this when reading anything I post about this nation.
A [1.18] civilization, according to this index.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri May 15, 2020 6:41 pm

Okay, now that it's in a reviewable state.

Hypercapital wrote:
Armor/suit capabilities: Generally focused around energies or chemicals. (Plasma, Ion, anything gaseous, nuclear ((like Uranium or Thorium, as an example)), Seismic energy/earthquakes, Toxins/Venoms/Poisons, Electricity (definitely electricity), marksmanship (his suit essentially aiding him to make accurate/precise shots) (his suit can sense/manipulate stuffs like that. It's not just him relying on his Scientific Mind.)

To be more precise:

This is chaff, it's not really necessary as whatever it covers is covered immediately afterwards.

Hypercapital wrote:Detection: The suit can detect Plasma, Ion, Gas, Thorium/Uranium, Electricity, etc.
Enabler: The suit helps George with his marksmanship. George can also attack with whatever the suit absorbs, though as said, this is around energies and chemicals. i.e: kinetic blasts, seismic blasts and other energy blasts.
Immunities: The suit protects the wearer (George Tennerman) from Venoms, Toxins, Poisons and gases that'd fall into that/those categories (like mustard gas, tear gas, pepperspray/bear-mace, etc)
Flight: The suit allows the wearer to fly, though this is only short-distance. (meaning no flying to-and-from Eurasia and America.)

Can the suit detect radiation or only the elements of Throium and Uranium? Ions are atoms with an electrical charge, not really a separate entity from plasma, gas, or electricity to be detected.

What is the upper limit of energy that the suit can absorb? Would a tank shell bounce harmlessly off? Would a machine gun's bullets? A pistols? A punch? The same could be said with chemical energy, would an incredibly strong acid melt the suit or have it's thermal energy absorbed?

How short of a flight is "Short-Distance"?

Hypercapital wrote:Weaknesses: His suit wouldn't be able to practically defend against magical attacks.

Are there any other feasible weaknesses for the suit?

Hypercapital wrote:Backstory:

George Tennerman and his parents are American citizens (Birthright Citizenship), George has an intellect, or Scientific Mind, as he calls it. His sister, Lisa, is an artist. George and Lisa generally got along, and were usually very defensive of one another until George got absorbed into Science and his Herowork. Lisa Tennerman, herself, isn't known to have superpowers or an intellect like George's. Lisa was the girl that was all into Band/Music/Choir/Chorus, being a Bass Clarinet player (not to be confused with the Saxophone). Lisa also likes abstract art.

When Lisa got older, she got accepted into an Artschool. George got accepted either into M.I.T or one of the "-tech" colleges/universities (CalTech, for example), since his fondness of science and scientific skills often translated into other STEM skills/attributes. George was good with Engineering and Welding, but held a distaste/hatred for it. The only real subject/field of Science that spoke to him was Chemistry, though he was good at Algebra, Prealgebra and Geometry (meaning Lisa and George would have alot more in common).

While it's not a problem, I do find it a bit odd that Lisa stops being mentioned halfway through the bio.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri May 15, 2020 7:14 pm

Anowa wrote:Okay, now that it's in a reviewable state.

Hypercapital wrote:
Armor/suit capabilities: Generally focused around energies or chemicals. (Plasma, Ion, anything gaseous, nuclear ((like Uranium or Thorium, as an example)), Seismic energy/earthquakes, Toxins/Venoms/Poisons, Electricity (definitely electricity), marksmanship (his suit essentially aiding him to make accurate/precise shots) (his suit can sense/manipulate stuffs like that. It's not just him relying on his Scientific Mind.)

To be more precise:

This is chaff, it's not really necessary as whatever it covers is covered immediately afterwards.

Hypercapital wrote:Detection: The suit can detect Plasma, Ion, Gas, Thorium/Uranium, Electricity, etc.
Enabler: The suit helps George with his marksmanship. George can also attack with whatever the suit absorbs, though as said, this is around energies and chemicals. i.e: kinetic blasts, seismic blasts and other energy blasts.
Immunities: The suit protects the wearer (George Tennerman) from Venoms, Toxins, Poisons and gases that'd fall into that/those categories (like mustard gas, tear gas, pepperspray/bear-mace, etc)
Flight: The suit allows the wearer to fly, though this is only short-distance. (meaning no flying to-and-from Eurasia and America.)

Can the suit detect radiation or only the elements of Throium and Uranium? Ions are atoms with an electrical charge, not really a separate entity from plasma, gas, or electricity to be detected.

What is the upper limit of energy that the suit can absorb? Would a tank shell bounce harmlessly off? Would a machine gun's bullets? A pistols? A punch? The same could be said with chemical energy, would an incredibly strong acid melt the suit or have it's thermal energy absorbed?

How short of a flight is "Short-Distance"?

Hypercapital wrote:Weaknesses: His suit wouldn't be able to practically defend against magical attacks.

Are there any other feasible weaknesses for the suit?

Hypercapital wrote:Backstory:

George Tennerman and his parents are American citizens (Birthright Citizenship), George has an intellect, or Scientific Mind, as he calls it. His sister, Lisa, is an artist. George and Lisa generally got along, and were usually very defensive of one another until George got absorbed into Science and his Herowork. Lisa Tennerman, herself, isn't known to have superpowers or an intellect like George's. Lisa was the girl that was all into Band/Music/Choir/Chorus, being a Bass Clarinet player (not to be confused with the Saxophone). Lisa also likes abstract art.

When Lisa got older, she got accepted into an Artschool. George got accepted either into M.I.T or one of the "-tech" colleges/universities (CalTech, for example), since his fondness of science and scientific skills often translated into other STEM skills/attributes. George was good with Engineering and Welding, but held a distaste/hatred for it. The only real subject/field of Science that spoke to him was Chemistry, though he was good at Algebra, Prealgebra and Geometry (meaning Lisa and George would have alot more in common).

While it's not a problem, I do find it a bit odd that Lisa stops being mentioned halfway through the bio.

"Hey, that's pretty good!"

One: I'll remove that. Just needed that feedback.
Two: Bullets, but tank shells would seriously damage the suit. Same as falls, they'd also seriously damage it. George would have to repair the suit pretty heavily. (Heavy damage causes heavy repairs) It should be able to withstand punches (though that depends on how strong the puncher is, if it's like a Superman punch, then that'd break the suit and George would have to build a new one from scratch.), and the chemical/energy thing? I guess the suit would absorb it. I just don't know if that ability's too OP for you.
Three: I felt like short-distance was flights/trips from Canada to US and back, or US states (like going to and from Louisiana and Texas, though Texas is pretty big, so y'all might have to take that into account.)
Four: I was trying to figure that out, but like I said in two: tank shells and falldamage. I'm not sure how I feel about missiles, though. That pretty-much would depend on how powerful/strong said missile is.
Five: I can understand that. I kept it pretty vague if she also had George's Intellect (though towards Arts and not Sciences, but I think there'd be some connection between the two), or whether/not she also became a hero/vigilante.
Last edited by HypErcApitAl on Fri May 15, 2020 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri May 15, 2020 7:42 pm

George T. is gonna be playable. I'm happy I can address more of the OPs' concerns.

Also: The nerfing-OPing of chars. There should be a balance between chars that are too OP and those that're too nerfed. (I know in certain media, we have Glass Cannons, but really? There should be balance. Char deaths shouldn't be that frequent or infrequent, either.)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri May 15, 2020 7:46 pm

Hypercapital wrote:George T. is gonna be playable. I'm happy I can address more of the OPs' concerns.

Also: The nerfing-OPing of chars. There should be a balance between chars that are too OP and those that're too nerfed. (I know in certain media, we have Glass Cannons, but really? There should be balance. Char deaths shouldn't be that frequent or infrequent, either.)

Your suggestion has been noted.
Last edited by Anowa on Fri May 15, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri May 15, 2020 7:49 pm

Anowa wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:George T. is gonna be playable. I'm happy I can address more of the OPs' concerns.

Your suggestion has been noted.

Thanks.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri May 15, 2020 7:53 pm

Hypercapital wrote:

Character Description

Motivations
    Goals: Keep Science outta the wrong hands, also very technological/technology-oriented.
    Fears: Science (in the wrong hands/used for the wrong purposes, but also fears it since he respects its power.)

Strengths and Weaknesses

Source of Power: Birth (possible mutation or something genetic.)
    Powers : Intellect/IQ/Intelligence (Mental)

Abilities: Chemistry,Armor/gearbuilding

Equipment: The "Volume" armor and technologies associated w/ that identity.

Armor/suit capabilities:

Detection: The suit can detect Plasma, Ion, Gas, Thorium/Uranium, Electricity, etc.
    Immunities: The suit protects the wearer (George Tennerman) from Venoms, Toxins, Poisons and gases that'd fall into that/those categories (like mustard gas, tear gas, pepperspray/bear-mace, etc), the suit also protects against bullets (from pistols/certain caliber guns. Higher-caliber guns are worrying, though.), and missiles (though that depends on how strong the missile is)

He has exactly one suit/armor. This suit gets updated.

Weaknesses: His suit wouldn't be able to practically defend against magical attacks. Falls (depending on how short/long the fall is) would damage the suit, though if it's a long/high fall, it'd seriously damage the suit. Tank shells would also seriously damage the suit.

Background:
    Job:

Scientist (Chemistry)
    Legal Status:

"Hero" (I don't believe in using the D&D Alignment, but to get a mental image: Lawful-to-Chaotic Good (differs/ranges based on situation. He's never a "Neutral Good," as he firmly holds or doesn't/wouldn't hold stances/opinions.)), American Citizen (Birthright)
    Backstory:

George Tennerman, better known as Volume (to some), started off as a generally very nerdy/geeky kid with interests usually focusing around Sciences. He can seem very detail or job-oriented (or one-track-minded), or even as a Perfectionist. It's just one of his quirks. That, and memorizing the entire Periodic Table.

In his younger/Highschool years, he often attended Chemistry class, and also passed with flying colors. He was the kid that'd get upset if you broke his beaker, or bullied him for being too excited to dissect frogs in Biology.

George's Heroics (superheroing career) got started when he realized how many people misused, used, and abused Science for their own selfish or nefarious means. George's first alias was "Grandulated Cylinder," though changed to "Volume," as he needed something that rolled off the tongue better. (Also he realized how funny a science-based vigilante w/ the name "Grandulated Cylinder" would be.) George's analytical Scientific Mind helped him face against threats that used Science for no Good.

Due to his vigilantism/Heroics, he'd learn many things he usually didn't want/need to learn, since he needed those skills. Volume's not that good at Martial Arts (besides Gunkata and Boxing, and even then, that's not at a Mastery or Advanced level.), Aerobics, Gymnastics, and a few other important skills, though. He uses his suit to compensate, or practices those skills when he's not doing Heroics. George, being a Perfectionist, always craves Knowledge and to always be better, causing him to also be competitive and/or arrogant at-times. George usually uses his Volume suit and other technologies instead of Martial Arts or Gunplay. George also has some experience with knives, daggers and other smaller blades, though he had also suffered some nicks and scratches from the bladework.

His full name (and titles) is "Dr. George Tennerman, PhD," which also makes him cocky (sometimes) since he holds a Doctorate and an Advanced Doctorate, or studies/skills in/towards that.

Since he was a technological and scientific expert, TIAMA had no choice but to ring him up, though because of the way he manifested, they didn't know he was Super/Meta. Volume'd officially join TIAMA, though, that was after he funded it so long and decided to formally pitch his hat in.

Accepted.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri May 15, 2020 7:57 pm

Anowa wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:

Character Description

Motivations
    Goals: Keep Science outta the wrong hands, also very technological/technology-oriented.
    Fears: Science (in the wrong hands/used for the wrong purposes, but also fears it since he respects its power.)

Strengths and Weaknesses

Source of Power: Birth (possible mutation or something genetic.)
    Powers : Intellect/IQ/Intelligence (Mental)

Abilities: Chemistry,Armor/gearbuilding

Equipment: The "Volume" armor and technologies associated w/ that identity.

Armor/suit capabilities:

Detection: The suit can detect Plasma, Ion, Gas, Thorium/Uranium, Electricity, etc.
    Immunities: The suit protects the wearer (George Tennerman) from Venoms, Toxins, Poisons and gases that'd fall into that/those categories (like mustard gas, tear gas, pepperspray/bear-mace, etc), the suit also protects against bullets (from pistols/certain caliber guns. Higher-caliber guns are worrying, though.), and missiles (though that depends on how strong the missile is)

He has exactly one suit/armor. This suit gets updated.

Weaknesses: His suit wouldn't be able to practically defend against magical attacks. Falls (depending on how short/long the fall is) would damage the suit, though if it's a long/high fall, it'd seriously damage the suit. Tank shells would also seriously damage the suit.

Background:
    Job:

Scientist (Chemistry)
    Legal Status:

"Hero" (I don't believe in using the D&D Alignment, but to get a mental image: Lawful-to-Chaotic Good (differs/ranges based on situation. He's never a "Neutral Good," as he firmly holds or doesn't/wouldn't hold stances/opinions.)), American Citizen (Birthright)
    Backstory:

George Tennerman, better known as Volume (to some), started off as a generally very nerdy/geeky kid with interests usually focusing around Sciences. He can seem very detail or job-oriented (or one-track-minded), or even as a Perfectionist. It's just one of his quirks. That, and memorizing the entire Periodic Table.

In his younger/Highschool years, he often attended Chemistry class, and also passed with flying colors. He was the kid that'd get upset if you broke his beaker, or bullied him for being too excited to dissect frogs in Biology.

George's Heroics (superheroing career) got started when he realized how many people misused, used, and abused Science for their own selfish or nefarious means. George's first alias was "Grandulated Cylinder," though changed to "Volume," as he needed something that rolled off the tongue better. (Also he realized how funny a science-based vigilante w/ the name "Grandulated Cylinder" would be.) George's analytical Scientific Mind helped him face against threats that used Science for no Good.

Due to his vigilantism/Heroics, he'd learn many things he usually didn't want/need to learn, since he needed those skills. Volume's not that good at Martial Arts (besides Gunkata and Boxing, and even then, that's not at a Mastery or Advanced level.), Aerobics, Gymnastics, and a few other important skills, though. He uses his suit to compensate, or practices those skills when he's not doing Heroics. George, being a Perfectionist, always craves Knowledge and to always be better, causing him to also be competitive and/or arrogant at-times. George usually uses his Volume suit and other technologies instead of Martial Arts or Gunplay. George also has some experience with knives, daggers and other smaller blades, though he had also suffered some nicks and scratches from the bladework.

His full name (and titles) is "Dr. George Tennerman, PhD," which also makes him cocky (sometimes) since he holds a Doctorate and an Advanced Doctorate, or studies/skills in/towards that.

Since he was a technological and scientific expert, TIAMA had no choice but to ring him up, though because of the way he manifested, they didn't know he was Super/Meta. Volume'd officially join TIAMA, though, that was after he funded it so long and decided to formally pitch his hat in.

Accepted.

Thanks. Now we got two science dudes in a pod. (Volume, and your Scientist char) :p
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri May 15, 2020 8:45 pm

How I see it:
[*] Cross (Sheldon Cooper from the Bigbang Theory/Young Sheldon)
[*] eLisa (Ultron)
[*] Tennerman (Ironman)

Though Cross and Tennerman have similar aesthetics. Also, it's "Elisa" or "ELISA" but I parsed it "eLisa" just for effect. I doubt Tennerman would do a Tony Stark and make an AI, though. That's probably his "Legal/Lawful Good"-side speaking to him. (also to swap things out)

I also like how you didn't do the trope of making the Russian dude the villain.
Also, if I do have Lisa Tennerman, I'll make her older (in her forties) than George, so it doesn't replicate The Simpsons. I also feel like the name "Lisa" already was a nod (but unintended), Bass Clarinet is similar to the Sax, so I had her just play Bass Clar. instead of doing a Lisa Simpson w/ that char. Switch things up! :lol:

More similarities:
Both are in their Thirties.
Both have done some things towards Chemistry and Engineering (Cross is a Chemical Engineer, Tennerman is a Chemist)
Both have PhDs.

Just a tasteful comparison. Also the cliche of "Good Minds Think Alike," here.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri May 15, 2020 8:48 pm

Hypercapital wrote:How I see it:

Please never compare any of my characters to anything in that godawful show again. Thanks.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri May 15, 2020 9:10 pm

Anowa wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:How I see it:

Please never compare any of my characters to anything in that godawful show again. Thanks.

:rofl:

Just had to. I mean, look, they're both "Gifted" (atleast Cross makes others think he's gifted.)

I won't, though.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat May 16, 2020 7:24 am

Anowa wrote:
Mercatus wrote:

Christ, not even Dietrich was that bad.

Been a while since I've seen something that blatantly OP.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sat May 16, 2020 10:08 am

Character Description
    Name: Their birth name was Salazar de Balbuena de Santa María. Salazar has been known by a number of other names throughout his long, long life, however, also going by Andolça de Vergara for a time, Rudiger Kahler, Vasily Stepanov, and most recently, Ellie Sutton.
    Aliases: Skinwalker to some, The Old One to others, or Maldito and Vieja Jefe in some Spanish underworld locales.
    Gender: They can't really remember which one they prefer. All bodies feel the same, but they were originally male.
    Age: 525, approximately. They are old enough to have taken part in the Conquest of Mexico as a young man.
    Appearance:

Motivations
    Goals: To cleanse the world of evil and suffering through the utter destruction of the drivers and perpetrators of bad. They believe that humanity is doomed to destruction if evil is not removed from this world forcefully.
    Fears: It may sound a tad boring, but death. Salazar has lived hundreds of years on the crux that they want to keep living and is constantly under the impression that they are only a short bit ahead of what's coming to kill them. This is an individual who has not had to wrestle with the concept of mortality and instead avoids it like the plague, and any time that they seriously consider it, they become worried and full of fear. They will do anything to avoid a situation in which their life is or could potentially be threatened. Furthermore, the Skinwalker is afraid of forgetting who they are both as a human and as a person - their original identity as Salazar is already fading from their memory [you try to remember who you were after hundreds of years of pretending to be other people], such as gender, birth place, etc., but other aspects they erratically and fanatically keep alive, frequently repeating it to themselves in their head or when they're on their own - they also keep meticulous, extensive diaries, starting in 1822, of everything that they can remember and everything that they experienced. Some pages are completely ineligible and nonsensical where others are more readable. The Skinwalker is consistently trying to figure out what they are - if they're even human anymore.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Source of Power: "A Man Cursed to Walk the Earth": The Skinwalker received their powers through dark magic, filled with hatred, that was inflicted upon them in the hour of their death.

Powers :
      - "Cursed With Life" - Longevity: The curse has inflicted a longer than average life span, where the Skinwalker's biological clock has only aged one year every seventeen years, approximately. Mentally, they're around sixty to sixty five years old, and the strain of older age has begun to set in.
      - "Walk With Their Skin" - Impersonation: Can impersonate anyone that they have seen before, but unless the Skinwalker kills them and takes their skin, the impersonations are imperfect and those well-versed or familiar with the person will likely be able to see through the Skinwalker's impersonation. The Skinwalker cannot create an entirely new identity or person, nor can they "shapeshift". "Taking" ones skin is a supernatural process that can only be done via killing the individual. Only one skin can be taken at a time, and while the Skinwalker can revert to a skin that had been taken before, the impersonation is no longer "special" and can be seen through more easily. The differences between a standard impersonation and a "skin" that's taken is that the Skinwalker becomes familiar with the individual's life, memories, personality, habits etc., all the way down to personal tics, whereas a standard impersonation is much more "skin-deep" (excuse the pun), where personality may seem more erratic or unfamiliar. The Skinwalker has a semblance of the individual's personality, but an in-depth impersonation is very hard and ultimately the impersonation is imperfect. The skins that the Skinwalker inhabits show no signs of aging, making taking another skin after an extended stay in one necessary after a long while.
      - "Centuries of Knowledge": A large degree of experience: The Skinwalker has a significant amount of experience, centuries of it, living life in a darker way. They have significant experience running crime syndicates, and has a significant amount of knowledge acquired and accumulated over years of roaming the Americas and Europe.
      - "Fueled by Hate" - Desperation: Not really a power per se, but convinced by what they must do, the Skinwalker experiences a sense of desperation in beginning their mission to cleanse the world of evil and hatred. They hate hate. They will stop at nothing to see this goal achieved - it has to be done... for if not, what have all of these years been for if not waste? And if they die before the mission is seen through then the world, and humanity, is doomed to destruction. This has caused them to adopt a determined outlook on life, completely unable to deviate from what they view as their ultimate mission.
      - "An Abnormal Being" - Super Strength and Agility: This is somewhat limited, but even impersonating other bodies, the Skinwalker is significantly stronger and much faster/dextrous than the standard human being. We're not talking Superman or Flash levels, but abnormally strong/fast, more so than a standard person. The more that the Skinwalker showcases this while impersonating someone, however, the less "real" they look and the more contorted they are in general, looking more like caricatures or dream-like individuals than the actual people, with distended or hyper-extended limbs and distorted features.
      - "It Won't Die" - Regeneration: One of the things that the Skinwalker has in their inventory is the gradual but rather quick regeneration of damage. This is fairly limited, however, and the regeneration often permanently and irreparably destroys the "skin" that the Skinwalker is inhabiting - this regeneration is not something that they can control, and instead, if a "body" is severely injured, it is likely to blow the Skinwalker's cover.
      Abilities: See the "Centuries of Knowledge" power. The only real ability (aside perhaps being better than most at wielding a sword, which I doubt would come up, really) outside of a normal person's purview would be experience running underworld crime syndicates and organizations - they were never the best Jefe, but could get things done when needed. They also, accordingly with their powers, have a fairly strong or inherent ability to mimic those that they inhabit, though this ability may be closer to a power, but the line is fairly blurry, it's a combination of the power and experience doing so.
      Equipment: I wouldn't think so. I'd imagine that they may have a few extra-legal weapons. I was thinking of giving them an Ithaca-37 shotgun here, but much to my horror it seems to be entirely legal in the United States. So they have one, and I'll list it here, but it would technically be outside of this section's breadth.
      Weaknesses: I think I've done a fairly good job at limiting the character's powers with weaknesses. Their extended lifespan has been affected by an aging mind, their shapeshifting is person-specific and limited, and can be found out by damaging them or if someone knows the individual being impersonated well enough, and most of their superhuman advantages outside of this can blow their cover when they're impersonating someone. Let me know if I should add more in, however.

Background:
    Job: [Note - if this is too much, let me know.] Their current job is at the head of a minor crime syndicate on the Eastern Coast known as the Grey League. Outwardly, the Grey League is quite secretive but ultimately seems to have the end goals as most other criminal organizations, that is to conduct illicit activities in the pursuit of profit. In reality, the Grey League is actually a front for the Skinwalker's goals to eradicate evil from the world, knowingly engaging in 'evil' activities as a means to an end and to expand the list of individuals who need to be cleansed. The Grey League is known throughout the underworld as a ruthless organization despite its secrecy and pursues a complete and utter monopoly on criminal activities in locales where they've set up. In terms of reach they're quite limited as a result of their highly selective recruiting process, and only have a maximum of 150 - 250 members concentrated in the East Coast.
    Legal Status: The closest thing to their legal status would be undocumented individual. The authorities don't know much about them since they're inherently hard to track down, and very, very rarely is the true nature of the Skinwalker shown to anyone but their closest confidants. Prior skins would probably be wanted or missing criminals ['Rudiger Kahler', a member of the SS and a researcher for Nazi Germany's supernatural division, escaped persecution at the end of World War Two and is thought to be a Boy From Brazil, 'Vasily Stepanov' is wanted by international tribunals for crimes committed in Afghanistan during the Soviet Invasion]. Their current skin, 'Ellie Sutton', is a missing person from Tulare, CA.
    Backstory:Salazar de Balbuena de Santa Maria was born and raised to a family of lower, near-irrelevant nobility near Toledo, Spain, at the end of the 15th century. Descended from a famous line of conquistadors, Spanish Christians who fought against the Muslims who controlled most of Iberia from the 9th through 15th centuries, de Santa Maria was brought up from a young age as knowing non-Christians as "the enemy". However, he, like much of the rest of Spanish society following the fall of Granada, experienced a lack of direction in regards to the tremendous social momentum cultivated by centuries of religious struggle against Muslims.

In his late teens, he traveled through Spain and parts of Italy as a mercenary, aimless and looking for work - that was, until news spread that the Spanish had discovered the "New World". Returning back to Spain and signing up for an expedition, de Santa Maria found himself on the expedition of Hernán Cortés de Monroy y Pizarro Altamirano, the man who would become known for his conquest of Mexico. Shortly after arriving in the Americas, Salazar participated in his leader's initial and second conquest of the Aztecs, becoming rich with plunder, destruction, and chaos.

Eventually becoming disillusioned by Cortes' rule in Mexico and his new-found riches squandered through poor investments and decadence, Salazar cultivated his own expedition to go north, where a number of indigenous guides had said that there was an abandoned city of gold waiting for them. Stringing together a few broke conquistadors and a party of indigenous people, more or less voluntold to go, they headed north, eventually finding themselves in the Great Basin.

Quickly becoming lost, with their food supplies dwindling, the bickering conquistadors turned against one another. With frequent desertions by their indigenous servants and guides, infighting among the Spanish conquistadors, and continual raids by hostile parties, the expedition quickly dwindled down into just Salazar, wandering, lost in the desert. Dehydrated, Salazar began experiencing heat stroke, and collapsed.

Here, an outcast from a nearby Indigenous nation found him. Practicing novice magics on the dying conquistador, the outcast found him to be full of hate and evil, and attempted to turn him into a skinwalker. However, the procedure was only partially successful, and despite Salazar's transformation into a skinwalker, he retained most of his memories and humanity.

For some time, Salazar thought this to be a boon and a second chance by God to right his wrongs. He attempted to do good as a wandering traveler, for indigenous and European communities alike, but he felt that no matter how much he did, there was always evil to overcome his efforts. Angered by the futility of his decades of work, he turned to organized crime and systematic oppression of those under him for quite some time, traveling to and from the New World. It was during this period that Salazar began to forget his identity while hatred for humanity was cultivated.

By the 20th century, the Skinwalker was living as one Gail Verdugo in Galicia, playing a part in organized crime rings in Galicia, Spain, when in 1932 he traveled to Germany and assumed the identity of a Rudiger Kahler. The Skinwalker, as Kahler, joined the SS and ultimately became associated with their supernatural research division. In April, 1945, Kahler notified his superior that he was going "vacationing" in the Alps, what was viewed as an unsanctioned dereliction of his duty. Not a week later, Kahler has disappearaed - in reality, under a fake name, already on his way to Brazil.

Assumed to be a Nazi escapee from Nuremburg, the allies legally or otherwise searched for Kahler for decades. However, in 1948, the Skinwalker had already assumed the identity of a Brazilian woman, and after some decades of laying low, clandestinely traveled to the Soviet Union, where they eventually assumed the identity of KGB Agent Vasily Stepanov in 1965.

"Stepanov" played a large part in keeping the KGB politically conservative following the fall of Ivan Serov shortly after Stepanov became relevant. In the 80's, he played a large role in the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan, helping orchestrate Operation Storm-333 and other operations in the nation, including those that are still classified, including the handling and operation of one Misha Voronin. Sensing the failure of the Soviet operation in Afghanistan and the impending collapse of the Soviet Union, "Vasily Stepanov" disappeared after a routine patrol in 1987.

It was during this period, inhabiting the body of Afghan national Zorak Maghdud Khel, that the Skinwalker began to reevaluate their goals. A number of near-death experiences during their tenure as Stepanov had shaken the Skinwalker, and they realized that their hatred for humanity had simmered into a desire for power through the 60's and 70's. They realized that people like them had been the issue for humanity, and that now, more than ever, with the dangers of nuclear weapons mutually assured destruction and the impending collapse of the Soviet Union, the power of evil men and women needed to be curtailed.

The damages that the Skinwalker and people like them had done over the years had a new frame of context and significance; nuclear war could end humanity, and all of the good that the Skinwalker had tried to do, and all of his terrible lessons, would be for nothing if the people were in the grips of evil. Thus, while illegally making their way back into the United States, the Skinwalker prepared themselves to attempt to create an organization intent on combating evil through a number of ways.

The Skinwalker assumed the identity of Taylor Kimble in 1991, shortly after the collapse of the Soviet Union. Kimble was a Christian Identitarian and associate of the Aryan Nations based in Washington State. Despite the Skinwalker's attempts at infiltrating and "turning" what they viewed to be a small, but still evil group, Ruby Ridge in 1992, Waco in 1993, and the LA Jewish Community Center Shooting in 1999, the Skinwalker became disillusioned with their prior view of "black and white" evil, and began believing that evil took many forms, and that each one needed to be purged.

"Kimble" abandoned his community in 2002 and wandered through the Mountain States until they took the body of Ellie Sutton in 2008 and made their was east, setting up the Grey League in NYC in the 2010s. Since then, they have been working towards their ultimate goal - the forceful purging of evil throughout society.
Last edited by Transoxthraxia on Sat May 23, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sat May 16, 2020 6:27 pm

Character Description
    Name: William Christopher Hall-Brookes
    Aliases: N/A, usually William Brookes.
    Appearance:

Minus the badge.

Motivations
    Goals: Survive, Possibly train the next generation of mages to be a little better.
    Fears: Death (as some supernatural beings might be a little to eager to have his soul), be it his or his sister's and niece's death.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Source of Power: Magic.
    Powers :
    • Runes & Sigils:
      William's runes compose up a significant part of his arsenal. Etched in circles or brought to reality by the use of magic, they are the rice and beans of his trade. It is through them that his magic manifests into reality, which allows him to perform feats of pyromancy, for example, along with elemental magic, or cast/do protective circles, banishment spells, etc.
    • Astral Projection:
      Through meditation, William can cast an astral version of himself while his physical body "faints".
    • Exorcism:
      Dealing with demons or beings that can possess bodies gave William the abilities to practice exorcism, with harder foes requiring a bigger amount of concentration and sometimes, rituals.
    • Illusion Casting:
      Noises, growls, lights, beings... Name it and William will probably be able to cast it. The size of the illusion will determine the cost and exhaustion caused to William.
    • Magical Awareness:
      Obviously, William knows that Magic exists, and can sense it from artifacts, other dimensions and casters.
    • Divination and Scrying:
      Quote the Britannica:

"the practice of determining the hidden significance or cause of events, sometimes foretelling the future, by various natural, psychological, and other techniques", the art of Divination is one practiced by William Brookes to gain insight on the events he's placed in, or events to come when his gut tells him that a certain event. Scrying, however, follows a similar pattern, but it's mostly used in the search of locations, artifacts and people's tracks.
    Abilities:
    • Occultism:

William's extensive work and research on the occult turned him into one of the heavyweights of the magical underworld. Even if he's a human who so far managed to stay away from pacts or the constant use of artifacts. Arguably one of the few humans that are located in the upper echelon of the magical class, it is his knowledge and talent that allow him to recognize works of magic, witchcraft and the ones that are faking it for their own gains. His knowledge of the occult places him in "to be watched" and "to be called in emergencies" list, even if people avoid working with him.
    • Formal Education:

Even if the looks and the places he likes might deceive you, Brookes managed to successfully graduate in Psychology in his early adult years, while also being able to speak/comprehend French and Latin. Despite denying it vehemently - be it for an act, be it for avoiding being labeled - William tries to maintain the same level of scholarship for magic and mundane affairs, pursuing other fields of study through his college years (such as History and Literature).
    • Slight of Hand:

Sometimes it isn't magic. It's just the skill, you see?
    • Investigation:

Even if his formal education isn't bright as other heroes, William possesses a deductive capability that is often envied and praised by his peers. Working as a detective for mundane and supernatural causes alike, his skills are kept sharp by the demands of his job. After all, sometimes a missing girl isn't involved in some shady dark cult.
    • Escapology:

Part of his stage acts from his dog days, it gave him the ability to pick locks, work escape methods, get himself free from restraining shirts.
    • Con-man:

Despite hardly making a living as a con-man (but is capable of doing so),William's main skill is his cunning, the active play with words, the trickery that slips right under the noses of his foes.
    • Underground Knowledge and Connections:

Through his years of magical formation, Brookes used his magical talent to enter the secret magical dens, the information brokers, the ones who sold rare magical reagents, artifacts and books. It's this access to an extensive network of information and people (do note that Brookes isn't a boss of these said people, and might be forced to do tasks or tricks to gain said favours) that often makes Brookes a valuable person to know. Friends in low places, if you get the metaphor.
    Equipment:
    • Lighter:
      While he isn't a smoker, his lighter is etched with two runes: one that transforms it into a magical fire grenade, and another one that allows him to manipulate the fire created by it with relative ease.
    Weaknesses:
    • Oh The Humanity:

William is a human. Certainly not a boring or common human, but a human. He gets wounded, his bones break, he doesn't swim like a dolphin or fly like a bullet. Not exactly the most competent fighter too, being able to only throw a few punches here and there.

Background:
    Job: Private Detective for Natural and Supernatural Matters
    Legal Status: British Citizen, TIAMA "contact"
    Backstory:

"Want to know the truth? Half of the mages you'll meet are a bunch of narcissistic idiots with useless fireworks. Me? I may be a narcissist sometimes, but hardly an idiot with useless fireworks."

Born in London, England in the year 1988, William Brookes is the twin bother to Helena "Lena" Brookes, both younger than Stephen Brookes, older of the children that are the offspring of the union between George and Charlotte Brookes. Nearing his teenage years, William would find himself taking his first steps toward magic, with no knowledge of the cost it would have in his life until much later in his years of experience: Stephen, his older brother, fell ill with a degenerative disease that placed the once highly active man with a bright future at sports in a wheelchair.

The unacknowledged exchange that gave William a powerful start at magic during his teenage years caused his family to get sterner: his mom couldn't handle what happened, and soon became a shadow of the merry woman she once was, often recurring to strong medications to carry on her normal activities while his father developed a strong addiction to alcohol, which eventually developed into a rift between him and his sister, as she believed that their parents needed help, while William decided to leave the adults to their own devices.

Quickly sent to a boarding school, William saw from a distance the transformation of his family into a group that seemed easy prey for the many cults that offered them miracles, cures and a peace they constantly sought for. When his family started to talk a different language than the one he was used to, William delved deep into experimenting with his magic. As one should expect from a boarding school, soon William fell with his merry band of occult curious students, finding himself as the one who progressed the most among them. After graduating and dropping college after one and a half year (during which he witnessed the revelation of meta-humans to the world), William set himself in the quest of furthering his magical abilities.

Stories would come and go, tragedies would happen and William would face a few close calls until 2014, where he and one of his old peers managed to solve a series of magical-related murders perpetrated by a religious group, a fact that never got to the wide public. However, even if it wasn't made public, news of the efficiency, talent and cunning of the 26 years old mage cemented his fame in the magical community.

When TIAMA started to gather personnel and profiling possible members, they eventually met William Brookes, now an older, more experienced mage. His answer was bittersweet, as he didn't accept to be a member, but told them to "give him a call if he ever needed him".

Any possible doubts, just hit me up.
Last edited by Kingdom of Irhk on Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun May 17, 2020 10:10 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:

Character Description
    Name: William Christopher Hall-Brookes
    Aliases: N/A, usually William Brookes.
    Appearance:
    (Image)

Minus the badge.

Motivations
    Goals: Survive, Possibly train the next generation of mages to be a little better.
    Fears: Death (as some supernatural beings might be a little to eager to have his soul), be it his or his sister's and niece's death.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Source of Power: Magic.
    Powers :
    • Runes & Sigils:
      William's runes compose up a significant part of his arsenal. Etched in circles or brought to reality by the use of magic, they are the rice and beans of his trade. It is through them that his magic manifests into reality, which allows him to perform feats of pyromancy, for example, along with elemental magic, or cast/do protective circles, banishment spells, etc.
    • Astral Projection:
      Through meditation, William can cast an astral version of himself while his physical body "faints".
    • Exorcism:
      Dealing with demons or beings that can possess bodies gave William the abilities to practice exorcism, with harder foes requiring a bigger amount of concentration and sometimes, rituals.
    • Illusion Casting:
      Noises, growls, lights, beings... Name it and William will probably be able to cast it. The size of the illusion will determine the cost and exhaustion caused to William.
    • Magical Awareness:
      Obviously, William knows that Magic exists, and can sense it from artifacts, other dimensions and casters.
    • Divination and Scrying:
      Quote the Britannica:

"the practice of determining the hidden significance or cause of events, sometimes foretelling the future, by various natural, psychological, and other techniques", the art of Divination is one practiced by William Brookes to gain insight on the events he's placed in, or events to come when his gut tells him that a certain event. Scrying, however, follows a similar pattern, but it's mostly used in the search of locations, artifacts and people's tracks.
    Abilities:
    • Occultism:

William's extensive work and research on the occult turned him into one of the heavyweights of the magical underworld. Even if he's a human who so far managed to stay away from pacts or the constant use of artifacts. Arguably one of the few humans that are located in the upper echelon of the magical class, it is his knowledge and talent that allow him to recognize works of magic, witchcraft and the ones that are faking it for their own gains. His knowledge of the occult places him in "to be watched" and "to be called in emergencies" list, even if people avoid working with him.
    • Slight of Hand:

Sometimes it isn't magic. It's just the skill, you see?
    • Investigation:

Even if his formal education isn't bright as other heroes, William possesses a deductive capability that is often envied and praised by his peers. Working as a detective for mundane and supernatural causes alike, his skills are kept sharp by the demands of his job. After all, sometimes a missing girl isn't involved in some shady dark cult.
    • Escapology:

Part of his stage acts from his dog days, it gave him the ability to pick locks, work escape methods, get himself free from restraining shirts.
    • Con-man:

Despite hardly making a living as a con-man (but is capable of doing so),William's main skill is his cunning, the active play with words, the trickery that slips right under the noses of his foes.
    • Underground Knowledge and Connections:

Through his years of magical formation, Brookes used his magical talent to enter the secret magical dens, the information brokers, the ones who sold rare magical reagents, artifacts and books. It's this access to an extensive network of information and people (do note that Brookes isn't a boss of these said people, and might be forced to do tasks or tricks to gain said favours) that often makes Brookes a valuable person to know. Friends in low places, if you get the metaphor.
    Equipment:
    • Lighter:
      While he isn't a smoker, his lighter is etched with two runes: one that transforms it into a magical fire grenade, and another one that allows him to manipulate the fire created by it with relative ease.
    Weaknesses:
    • Oh The Humanity:

William is a human. Certainly not a boring or common human, but a human. He gets wounded, his bones break, he doesn't swim like a dolphin or fly like a bullet. Not exactly the most competent fighter too, being able to only throw a few punches here and there.

Background:
    Job: Private Detective for Natural and Supernatural Matters
    Legal Status: British Citizen, TIAMA "contact"
    Backstory:

"Want to know the truth? Half of the mages you'll meet are a bunch of narcissistic idiots with useless fireworks. Me? I may be a narcissist sometimes, but hardly an idiot with useless fireworks."

Born in London, England in the year 1988, William Brookes is the twin bother to Helena "Lena" Brookes, both younger than Stephen Brookes, older of the children that are the offspring of the union between George and Charlotte Brookes. Nearing his teenage years, William would find himself taking his first steps toward magic, with no knowledge of the cost it would have in his life until much later in his years of experience: Stephen, his older brother, fell ill with a degenerative disease that placed the once highly active man with a bright future at sports in a wheelchair.

The unacknowledged exchange that gave William a powerful start at magic during his teenage years caused his family to get sterner: his mom couldn't handle what happened, and soon became a shadow of the merry woman she once was, often recurring to strong medications to carry on her normal activities while his father developed a strong addiction to alcohol, which eventually developed into a rift between him and his sister, as she believed that their parents needed help, while William decided to leave the adults to their own devices.

Quickly sent to a boarding school, William saw from a distance the transformation of his family into a group that seemed easy prey for the many cults that offered them miracles, cures and a peace they constantly sought for. When his family started to talk a different language than the one he was used to, William delved deep into experimenting with his magic. As one should expect from a boarding school, soon William fell with his merry band of occult curious students, finding himself as the one who progressed the most among them. After graduating and dropping college after one and a half year (during which he witnessed the revelation of meta-humans to the world), William set himself in the quest of furthering his magical abilities.

Stories would come and go, tragedies would happen and William would face a few close calls until 2014, where he and one of his old peers managed to solve a series of magical-related murders perpetrated by a religious group, a fact that never got to the wide public. However, even if it wasn't made public, news of the efficiency, talent and cunning of the 26 years old mage cemented his fame in the magical community.

When TIAMA started to gather personnel and profiling possible members, they eventually met William Brookes, now an older, more experienced mage. His answer was bittersweet, as he didn't accept to be a member, but told them to "give him a call if he ever needed him".

Any possible doubts, just hit me up.

Accepted.

Welcome back.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Mandicoria
Senator

Founded: Sep 10, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Mon May 18, 2020 1:01 am

last one i swear, please let me know if things need tweaked

EDIT: revisions have been added with approval.

Character Description
    Name: Kurt Harrington
    Aliases: The Patriot [D E F U N C T] Blueskin
    Appearance:
    The Man Himself

His Suit

Motivations
    Goals: To make sure the greatest goddamn country on this God's given Earth stays the greatest. Make sure any dissent against the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is put down with extreme prejudice.
    Fears: America not being number 1, disappointing Uncle Sam, Liberals in government, Gun Control Legislation

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Source of Power: Metahuman Ancestry, Government Super Soldier Program, and Enigma Nanomachines
    Powers :

A Real American: Kurt was already born with incredible strength, endurance, and regenerative abilities. Even though he requires nanites to help maintain him, he's still on very physically superior to the average person. Also his regenerative abilities help keep him remarkably fresh in terms of youthful appearance and body health.

Eden's Grace: Kurt's deal with Alexander Eden has given him access to nanite cartridges that are injected into his bloodstream. When maintained these nanites not only make his abilities sustainable, but manage to amplify them even better than the super stims ever could. Where once he could throw a car maybe a few meters, or break through about one foot of concrete. He can now throw a pickup truck around 10 meters, and utterly shred through 4 feet of concrete.

In addition to strength enhancement, the Nanites harden in response to physical trauma. To act as secondary protection if his armor gets compromised. Granted this protection is mostly geared for blunt force and slashing trauma rather than piercing caused by bullets. Healing is roughly the same as the super stims, if not slightly inferior. However it is still incredibly useful in conjuction to these other bonuses.

No Time To Bleed: His nerves are now fine tuned to dull pain reception, but now give him the luxury of knowing his wounds better.

Abilities:
    A Real Trooper: He received military training during his time in the Army in the 80's. Meaning he has weapons knowledge, fighting techniques, and medical training to match the era he was trained. However the drawback here is that this is only 80's training.

Enigma Combat Suit Mk2: The Enigma Combat Suit Mk2 offers a variety of wonderful conveniences for Kurt. Rebreathing technology for low oxygen environments, nanite rejuvination, advanced HUD technology, and protective armor plating on par with that of his old suit? With the added benefit of being lighter? While not as advanced as Epoch Gear, it's definitely a step up compared to his old government armor.

Equipment:
    Enigma Combat Suit Mk2

Nano Cartidges x4

Pepper Spray Cannisters x2

Weaknesses:

Tiny Friends: While the nanites are a completely revolutionary and superior method at maintaining his abilities. He can be rendered virtually helpless without it. The super stims have left a major amount of trauma on his body, and the lack of nanites will trigger shock that almost completely deprives him of power. This can be remedied with the injection of more nanite cartidges, but if he's out he's out. He'll need to resupply directly from Enigma.

A Little Jolt: The nanites keeping him in top condition ocassionally need rejuvinating with minor electric shocks throughout the body. So his suit is equipped with a minor electric shock device that delivers a single jolt through his body, equivalent to the power of a taser. While he is resistant to most of its effects, it can still heavily interfere with him.

This jolt is delivered twice every day at an interval of roughly every 6-8 hours. This can be activated on demand, but can interfere with timeframes. Without this jolt system (such as say if Kurt takes his suit off.) then the nanites in his system will slowly dissipate in a 2 hour period. Forcing an eventual injection of more nanites.

Overload: While his nanites and suit offer adequate protection against electricity to the point he can endure more than a lethal amount. The nanites can be easily overloaded. The nanites are built to match the lethal electrical threshold of the average human before being overloaded and requiring replacement.

Felon: He legally cannot use firearms due to his convictions. While under another identity Officially, he's still barred from any firearms. This of course, makes him a very salty boy.

Source of Power: Metahuman Ancestry, Government Super Soldier Program
    Powers : A Real American: Kurt was already born with increased strength, endurance, and his regenerative abilities. However with Government experimentation, and injection of drugs from his advanced US Military suit amplify these. His suit in its own right is also special for keeping his abilities in check, protecting him, and pumping him with Uncle Sam approved drugs.
    Making Uncle Sam Proud: He was born with heightened strength, very high strength even. Without drugs he can hit with enough force to break through concrete (and similar strength materials) in small chunks. With his special drugs infused however, his strength is amplified tenfold. When he was once only able to maybe rip a car door off with some effort, he can outright tear said car apart with little effort. (Or even pick up and throw the car about 4 meters if it's a typical civilian model.) Or when he was once able to only break chips off of concrete (and similar strength materials), he could outright break through a foot thick wall of it.
    That Ragged Old Flag: He does regenerate tissue at a faster rate than most. Allowing him to heal wounds exponentially quicker than most. At a rate that things like organ failure, aging, poison/venom, and even some serious wounds turn into non-worrying things for him. This does not make him immune from say, a gunshot to the head however. It's more or less that if he were delivered a serious wound that COULD kill a normal person if untreated, he could heal after a few hours with minimal treatment. His Drugs do allow him to heal twice as fast as he normally would, but with the drawback of his regeneration stopping for days as soon as the drugs are out of his system.
    Dress For the Job You Want: His Military-Issued suit is in its own right a power for him. It comes with protection against standard rifle caliber rounds (though not bulletproof). It also protects against shock inflicted onto him by others, and cushions him against his own might being used against strong materials. Along with a few quality of life things like status checks to help him find wounds, and apply treatment when needed. However the most important feature is that it comes with a system that introduces his Super Stimulant drugs in both his breathing and blood streams. When the drug system is activated, it allows his abilities to be more or less amplified.
    God Bless America: Even without the drugs, he doesn't feel pain. This is both a good and bad thing. The good thing is that he can keep going without feeling anything to really STOP him. With the main drawback being that he will not notice wounds without being notified by either his suit or others.
    Abilities:
    A Real Trooper: He received military training during his time in the Army in the 80's. Meaning he has weapons knowledge, fighting techniques, and medical training to match the era he was trained. However the drawback here is that this is only 80's training.
    Look at His Pretty Eyes, All High Off the Lies: He knows how to work the Media, and knows how to appear good in situations where one could look terrible.
    Equipment:
    -Smoke Grenades
    -M1911, with ammo of course.
    -Bowie Knife
    -3x5 American Flags kept inside suit compartments.
    Weaknesses:
    Divided We Fall: He has a very crippling dependence on his Super Stimulant drugs. Sure without them he still has his abilities, and the withdrawal effects do end after two weeks. However his withdrawal effects are very obvious and extremely damaging. These effects are: Random wounds appearing on his body (ranging from small cuts to huge gashes. All nonfatal, but can quickly become fatal if exploited), Slowed Regeneration, Dulled Strength, and he will feel excruciating pain. (Enough to get him to scream.)
    A Tank in Name Only: While he does have his resistant suit and regenerative abilities; He can still be killed like a normal person if enough effort is put in. Sure he could survive some gunshot wounds here and there, but he cannot shrug off a rocket or an explosion hitting him directly. He doesn't regrow limbs, and he can't pull an Xmen's Wolverine tier revival from a gunshot to the unprotected head.
    His Greatest Ally, His Worst Enemy: He relies on the suit to such an extreme level, not even just for the drugs, but for its protection and systems. While the Suit is by all means very durable, if a major system of it is damaged he will lose most of his effectiveness. Especially if the drug systems are damaged.
    It's Just a Cough: When in a dependent state on his drugs, he NEEDS the respirator from his suit. Otherwise he will immediately begin hallucinating, or loosing consciousness. As it allows him to get proper oxygen intake to support the amount his body needs. Granted his helmet and respirator are very durable to make up for this, but if fully destroyed it will knock him from commission.
    Walking Disaster: If he uses the drugs, and he will, he becomes hyper aggressive. Making him a borderline enemy to even allies. While his suit and training does allow him to exercise restraint, enough provocation can cause him to turn outright hostile in the worst situations. This extends to the fact that his hyper aggressiveness can turn delicate situations into outright bloodbaths.

Background:
    Job: Government Sponsored Hero, US Representation in TIAMA. Designated Handler and Partner for Dr. Tesla.
    Legal Status: Legally Recognized Superhero, Proud American.
    Backstory:
    Kurt Harrington was always the shining example of what 80's America wanted from it's young men. Great in sports during high school, physically active and fit, very patriotic and willing to sign his life away to the military? He was a shining example for all the other lads in the Army to follow, but there was always something off about him. Sure he was easy to approach, and a fun guy to be around. Yet he always had this extremeness to his ideas and executions, and wasn't afraid to show it. Of course his Officers didn't take too much mind to his occasional rant on how "Pink Commies deserve to be gutted like fish.", if anything they appreciated his dedication and zeal.

Something separated Kurt from other blindly patriotic young men though. Something that Uncle Sam paid very close attention to the whole time, and that was his seeming lack of aging throughout years of service. Along with the fact he was downright abnormally quick at getting over wounds caused by accidents, and the fact he seemed to never get sick no matter the conditions? His Higher Ups weren't stupid. Those in the high places knew about the idea of superhumans being in the populace, and they knew without a doubt Kurt was one. This of course led to him being approached by some men in suits, and being offered not just promotions, but being moved straight into special forces! Of course someone as patriotic as Kurt didn't pass on such an offer.

The Government fully took him in with their behind the scenes superhuman programs by 1995, and utilizing his abilities through endless experimentation, and the occasional black op to Central America. Kurt of course loved this period in his life, and Uncle Sam loved him being so unquestioning with everything. These endless experiments would lead to the development of the first Super Stimulant drugs. With the drugs being developed primarily with Kurt's abilities in mind, and of course being proven to be a total success in missions.

This period of constant experiments lasted well until 2005. When the Night of the Broken Mask took place, and exposing the world to the existence of Meta-Humans. Finally convincing the US government to finally go through with its "Superman" Program. Which more or less was the adoption of a Government-Sponsored Superheroes initiative. Of course, Kurt was chosen to be one of the very first government heroes, and he was more than willing to take up the job to make Uncle Sam proud. With the Government first starting him up secretly as a local vigilante in Washington DC, before beginning designs for a superior armor platform to suit the needs of their future sponsored hero.

He stayed a small-time vigilante, much like every other government-sponsored hero, up until 2009. When Dr. Tesla's little attacks on the Enigma Corporation and the East Coast power grid occurred. Proving to the US Government that now was the time to go fully public with sponsored heroes. Leading to the final design and release of Kurt's suit. (Of course using advanced robotics suit technology salvaged from the Enigma Corporation, and utilizing good 'ol American military engineering. Along with upgrades over the years to now.) Finally allowing Kurt to go public as The Patriot.

As soon as he went public he was an immediate success with the public and media. His visage being seen standing by an American flag on almost every magazine and comic book. Even a few movies showing off his exploits to the country. Of course omitting his... Less than favorable behaviors from public view. Regardless he's been a total success, even when he was chosen to watch over the total washout that is Dr. Tesla in 2014. With them becoming an instantly noticeable and popular duo to public view. Despite Dr. Tesla's hesitant and not so friendly nature around him.

This success culminated in the US Government more or less pushing for him to be a representative in TIAMA. Which with how passive aggressive and influential the US Government is, was a guaranteed position. At first his representation at TIAMA was quite respected, making relations between the organization and the US Government quite cordial... That was until, well, The Amberville Bank Massacre of 2017.

The Massacre was an infamous event where multiple TIAMA associated heroes witnessed a bloodbath in the bank of Amberville, New Jersey. It was a normal bank robbery turned hostage situation, easy for trained heroes. The Patriot was deployed first to the scene with others following suit. However once the backup arrived, they were met with the scene of an utter bloodbath. No survivors among the hostages OR the robbers were found. With The Patriot found in the bank vault brutally beating what was left of the Robbers' leader to a literal pulp. Of course this would've been a media disaster, but... It wasn't for the Patriot. Instead what happened was something worse. The Patriot managed to put all the blame toward TIAMA "not sending support fast enough", and that he "tried his best to negotiate and save lives."

The Media of course ate his story up, and the Government became less cordial and more overbearing towards TIAMA. Three years passed with this massacre being fresh on people's minds still, and The Patriot being forced as an even bigger front runner by the Government. With 2020's arrival proving that there was no sign of this downward spiral stopping; Things became much more tense. Especially between The Patriot and TIAMA's many affiliated heroes. With his formerly concealed aggression peaking out more and more. Where it's almost normal for mundane crimes to be turned into bloodbaths that get swept under the rug.
Last edited by Mandicoria on Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
silly little creature, she/they
apologies if im like, really aloof. this site has an affect on me.
What if Humanity was as Important as it thought it was... But it turned out to not be a very good thing.
also i rip off warhammer, DOOM, and halo unapologetically
Highly suggest listening to this when reading anything I post about this nation.
A [1.18] civilization, according to this index.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Mon May 18, 2020 2:19 am

Hey. I have an app in the works but am unaware of how to finish him. I was wringing my hands over how this character would fit in to the world/survive. I was originally wringing my hands over whether I should make a wanted fugitive/runaway child. I am hesitating because it seems kind of cringey and I am unsure of how they would fit in to the world, given how I plan for his powers to work and all...

Then I got to thinking. There are youth academies for those with special abilities aren't there? Is there a way for one of these places to find out about his situation and get him out of it? (Abusive household, bullying, etc). Without any support, things are likely to turn out bad for him...really bad... But he might just be able to survive it without the whole fiasco I have planned for him if he can be saved from what's happening to him.

Thoughts? Would someone else be willing to play the school representative that gets him enrolled in the academy? (The exchange will be off if I have to play them myself). I actually want to play a weak character who's just started taking an interest in his powers so don't know how all that would work out but... It would turn out better than the darker/cringier route I have planned for him.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue May 19, 2020 4:55 am

Hmmmm, thinking if I should actually try apping.

Try myself at being a hero once more and relegating my villain stuff to more of a background thing.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse