NATION

PASSWORD

The Medieval South [OOC/Sign-Ups]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:06 pm

Union Princes wrote:I need the OP to clarify on CSA population, military size and international relations in Europe

I don't know about other states, but Louisiana has good relations with Austria-Hungary and Spain in particular, and decent relations with other monarchist powers in large part due to the Bourbon link.

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:09 pm

Not France for Louisiana? That's surprising. Going by that logic, Texas would have good relations with Germany because of all the German settlers
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:11 pm

Union Princes wrote:Not France for Louisiana? That's surprising. Going by that logic, Texas would have good relations with Germany because of all the German settlers

As a matter of fact, we do have warm ties to Germany. Especially in martial matters, and taking some examples of how things are done.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:11 pm

Union Princes wrote:Not France for Louisiana? That's surprising. Going by that logic, Texas would have good relations with Germany because of all the German settlers

The Third Republic!
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

The United Empire of Exucular
Senator

Founded: May 28, 2013
Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:16 pm

Union Princes wrote:I need the OP to clarify on CSA population, military size and international relations in Europe

We probably have decent relations with Britain thanks to cotton trade. Plus the nobles in Britain would probably be more supportive of us considering the monarchist system the south now has.
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

Head of The Grand Inquisition of the Church of Google
The Where's Waldo of the Region of Atlas
General of Ugandan Outer Space
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
Click for War History!
#IStandWithAtlas #UniteAtlasDiaspora

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:18 pm

Sanabel wrote:

The Third Republic!

Yeah, the Third Republic isn't exactly in love with the idea of the Bourbons still running around. Louisiana is something of a golden child as far as the CSA goes when it comes to European monarchist powers though, given the presence of a dynasty of their own blood there.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:20 pm

Stonewall is probably going to be against foreign influence generally

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:20 pm

The United Empire of Exucular wrote:

We probably have decent relations with Britain thanks to cotton trade. Plus the nobles in Britain would probably be more supportive of us considering the monarchist system the south now has.

Monarchism in itself doesn’t mean much. We’re literally feudalistic, which for obvious reasons is very dumb in this era. Not to mention that the model in each state change, from French Absolutism in Louisiana to more German style Monarchism in Texas.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:20 pm

Do not forget that Slavery is a big no-no to European monarchies. They will want the CSA to give up slavery. So don't expect a lot of friends in Europe if at all

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:23 pm

Union Princes wrote:Do not forget that Slavery is a big no-no to European monarchies. They will want the CSA to give up slavery. So don't expect a lot of friends in Europe if at all

I would put nuance into that, saying that they were supportive at first just to shaft the Americans, but now they’re increasingly putting pressure on us to stop our bullshit, and the economics of that pressure will become very real very soon. Hence why people like Ben are talking with private European industrialists to put his own Kingdom on the right path.
-Nuverkikstan

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:26 pm

Abolition won't come easy. The CSA will face it's own KKK if abolition goes through. Not only that, the Union would most likely support the Underground railroad more than ever

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:29 pm

Union Princes wrote:Abolition won't come easy. The CSA will face it's own KKK if abolition goes through. Not only that, the Union would most likely support the Underground railroad more than ever

I mean, sure, but that doesn’t change it needs to go.
-Nuverkikstan

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:30 pm

Union Princes wrote:Do not forget that Slavery is a big no-no to European monarchies. They will want the CSA to give up slavery. So don't expect a lot of friends in Europe if at all

The plan for Louisiana is to continue Frenchification, which involves industrialisation and distancing from slavery to the preferable wage-slavery that Europe participates in.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:38 pm

One more thing about the CSA, if this continue to fragment then nothing is stopping the US from marching in an uniting by force. So we need to maintain the presence of unity or we lose altogether

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:45 pm

Union Princes wrote:One more thing about the CSA, if this continue to fragment then nothing is stopping the US from marching in an uniting by force. So we need to maintain the presence of unity or we lose altogether

Trust me friend, we are all very well.
-Nuverkikstan

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:50 pm

Union Princes wrote:One more thing about the CSA, if this continue to fragment then nothing is stopping the US from marching in an uniting by force. So we need to maintain the presence of unity or we lose altogether

This is what Stonewall will try to stop

Senator

Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:56 pm

While y’all deal with the threat of invasion I’m gonna head west and chill with the other emperor of America.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

_[' ]_
Click for War History!

Mediama
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mediama » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:58 pm

The United Empire of Exucular wrote:While y’all deal with the threat of invasion I’m gonna head west and chill with the other emperor of America.

The nutcase in San Fran? Are you sure that's a good idea?
Basically, Canada with Naboo style royalty and more British. My supposed foil and puppet nation is Consertoria

MBC News: Landmark decision establishes national holiday for elections|Seagull shows no fear as it crashes into power generator, causing massive blackouts|Talks in the process for upcoming state visit by Liegallan delegates|Mediaman Pacific Fleet conducts exercises with the United States|Parliament debates over intervention in Hintuwan over communist terrorism|Local Mediaman arrested after attempting to buy clothes from a soup store|Negotiations reached between Illistrantian municipal government and local LGBT Center restricting Pride parades to people 18 and over|Prime Minister Herman Marshal highlights need to 'counter communism around every corner'

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:59 pm

Stonewall and all the kings and queens of the confederacy better have a silver tongue because they not just need to convince the French and British government but also their people too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_and_the_American_Civil_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France_and_the_American_Civil_War

Heck, even the French Royalists and Republicans supported the Union. We're Pariahs in the Western World.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:59 pm

Thinking about it, what happened to South Arizona/New Mexico? It could probably have been captured, and held considering circumstances.
-Nuverkikstan

Senator

Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:03 pm

Mediama wrote:
The United Empire of Exucular wrote:While y’all deal with the threat of invasion I’m gonna head west and chill with the other emperor of America.

The nutcase in San Fran? Are you sure that's a good idea?

He could be our Daenerys Targaryen coming to break the wheel lol. If he lives that is. He dies in 1880.
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

_[' ]_
Click for War History!

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:04 pm

Union Princes wrote:Stonewall and all the kings and queens of the confederacy better have a silver tongue because they not just need to convince the French and British government but also their people too.

Heck, even the French Royalists and Republicans supported the Union. We're Pariahs in the Western World.

Stonewall wants to diminish foreign intervention in Southern culture not increase it.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:05 pm

Union Princes wrote:Stonewall and all the kings and queens of the confederacy better have a silver tongue because they not just need to convince the French and British government but also their people too.

Part of this RP inevitably involves some suspension of disbelief, because the chain of events needed to achieve this set of circumstances is incredibly convoluted and nearly implausible, so in this particular situation, that may not necessarily be the case. For example, a direct descendant of Louis XVI would see some support in ruling historical French territory from legitimists.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:07 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:

Part of this RP inevitably involves some suspension of disbelief, because the chain of events needed to achieve this set of circumstances is incredibly convoluted and nearly implausible, so in this particular situation, that may not necessarily be the case. For example, a direct descendant of Louis XVI would see some support in ruling historical French territory from legitimists.

Legitimists are not in power in France, from what I understand

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:10 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Part of this RP inevitably involves some suspension of disbelief, because the chain of events needed to achieve this set of circumstances is incredibly convoluted and nearly implausible, so in this particular situation, that may not necessarily be the case. For example, a direct descendant of Louis XVI would see some support in ruling historical French territory from legitimists.

Legitimists are not in power in France, from what I understand

No, they are not, but my point is that support also depends on who's in power. This is a monarchist South, not a libertarian one, which means autocratic regimes like Russia and Austria-Hungary may be more likely to support us.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse