NATION

PASSWORD

The Medieval South [OOC/Sign-Ups]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alaroma » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:32 pm

Endem wrote:
Danceria wrote:You'll get your own holiday.

Anyone who isn't Mexican can make it in Texas!*

I was more thinking of Louisiana or Tennesee, trying to live through the hell of slavery, and if luck strikes, escape, if escape comes about, either trying to make his way North, join one of the gangs, and if I'm feeling like telling a tragic story, he gets recaptured on his way and is put into the proverbial chains again ( if I'm feeling particularly gloomy he then commits suicide ) but knowing my luck, I'll just end up detailing what slaves were put through

From what I can tell, slavery in Louisiana is more gentle.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:32 pm

Endem wrote:Hm, I wonder would ( I be permitted to app here? ) could I app as the ultimate underdog I.e a slave

Come to good old Ancrage Plantation, a decent French education and one weekend a month to Baton Rouge as a freeman

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:33 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Endem wrote:I was more thinking of Louisiana or Tennesee, trying to live through the hell of slavery, and if luck strikes, escape, if escape comes about, either trying to make his way North, join one of the gangs, and if I'm feeling like telling a tragic story, he gets recaptured on his way and is put into the proverbial chains again ( if I'm feeling particularly gloomy he then commits suicide ) but knowing my luck, I'll just end up detailing what slaves were put through

From what I can tell, slavery in Louisiana is more gentle.

Alright, how's it lookin' in Tennesee?
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:34 pm

Endem wrote:
Alaroma wrote:From what I can tell, slavery in Louisiana is more gentle.

Alright, how's it lookin' in Tennesee?

Not to try to steer you in any direction (as I try to steer you in a certain direction) but Joel's gang has its winter base in the woods of northern Louisiana if you're interested in becoming an outlaw later.
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:38 pm

Rodez wrote:
Endem wrote:Alright, how's it lookin' in Tennesee?

Not to try to steer you in any direction (as I try to steer you in a certain direction) but Joel's gang has its winter base in the woods of northern Louisiana if you're interested in becoming an outlaw later.

Best keep a low head. The Bourbons aren't about to make the same mistake of letting things get out of hand twice!

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:39 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:
Endem wrote:Hm, I wonder would ( I be permitted to app here? ) could I app as the ultimate underdog I.e a slave

Come to good old Ancrage Plantation, a decent French education and one weekend a month to Baton Rouge as a freeman

I wasn't really thinking of getting my character to Louisiana

Rodez wrote:
Endem wrote:Alright, how's it lookin' in Tennesee?

I mean, that happens if my character escapes, and for that to happen there needs to be a lot of luck involved, and after that, a lot of luck to evade imminent recapture
Last edited by Endem on Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The United Empire of Exucular
Senator

Founded: May 28, 2013
Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:42 pm

Regardless of where you end up you should consider the Ferryman's railroad network to get there! The Souths premier transportation service for all escaped slaves, fugitives, and general degenerates!
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

Head of The Grand Inquisition of the Church of Google
The Where's Waldo of the Region of Atlas
General of Ugandan Outer Space
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
Click for War History!
#IStandWithAtlas #UniteAtlasDiaspora

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:44 pm

The United Empire of Exucular wrote:

Regardless of where you end up you should consider the Ferryman's railroad network to get there! The Souths premier transportation service for all escaped slaves, fugitives, and general degenerates!

That depends if I escape in the first place

Also, how did I become the topic of the day when my app hasn't even been posted yet

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:49 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Rodez wrote:Not to try to steer you in any direction (as I try to steer you in a certain direction) but Joel's gang has its winter base in the woods of northern Louisiana if you're interested in becoming an outlaw later.

Best keep a low head. The Bourbons aren't about to make the same mistake of letting things get out of hand twice!

I'm sorry sir, you seemed to have misspelled 'revolution.' :p

Endem wrote:
The United Empire of Exucular wrote:Regardless of where you end up you should consider the Ferryman's railroad network to get there! The Souths premier transportation service for all escaped slaves, fugitives, and general degenerates!

That depends if I escape in the first place

Also, how did I become the topic of the day when my app hasn't even been posted yet

J.C. and his people bust slaves out of plantations from time to time, is what I'm saying. So depending on where you begin you might not be alone in that endeavor.
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:51 pm

Rodez wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Best keep a low head. The Bourbons aren't about to make the same mistake of letting things get out of hand twice!

I'm sorry sir, you seemed to have misspelled 'revolution.' :p

Endem wrote:That depends if I escape in the first place

J.C. and his people bust slaves out of plantations from time to time, is what I'm saying. So depending on where you begin you might not be alone in that endeavor.

Currently, I'm thinking about Tennesse but that depends on how harsh it would be

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:52 pm

The United Empire of Exucular wrote:

I hope the young Princess doesn't mind a dozen or so proposals/betrothals in varying degrees of French
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:54 pm

Endem wrote:
Lux Pulchrae wrote:

I wasn't really thinking of getting my character to Louisiana

Rodez wrote:Not to try to steer you in any direction (as I try to steer you in a certain direction) but Joel's gang has its winter base in the woods of northern Louisiana if you're interested in becoming an outlaw later.

I mean, that happens if my character escapes, and for that to happen there needs to be a lot of luck involved, and after that, a lot of luck to evade imminent recapture

We can whip twice as hard if you’d like

I feel like this whole thread should have one big disclaimer on it. I don’t condone American slavery.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:55 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:
Endem wrote:I wasn't really thinking of getting my character to Louisiana

I feel like this whole thread should have one big disclaimer on it. I don’t condone American slavery.

Careful, he might be into that

Also, general trigger warning: it's game of thrones but with the n-word pass.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:58 pm

Danceria wrote:I feel like this whole thread should have one big disclaimer on it. I don’t condone American slavery.

Careful, he might be into that

Also, general trigger warning: it's game of thrones but with the n-word pass.[/quote]

I feel like it'd be very controversial. Would the mods allow it for narrative purposes? I mean, no one complained about Django.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:58 pm

Danceria wrote:
The United Empire of Exucular wrote:Regardless of where you end up you should consider the Ferryman's railroad network to get there! The Souths premier transportation service for all escaped slaves, fugitives, and general degenerates!

I hope the young Princess doesn't mind a dozen or so proposals/betrothals in varying degrees of French

If you've read, she's a bit of a tough cookie.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:02 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Danceria wrote:I hope the young Princess doesn't mind a dozen or so proposals/betrothals in varying degrees of French

Some people are into that.

Or people are into more competent royals than drunkards
Lux Pulchrae wrote:I feel like it'd be very controversial. Would the mods allow it for narrative purposes? I mean, no one complained about Django.

We might utilize the Spanish word for black, but I doubt it.
Obligatory Quotes below

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:03 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Danceria wrote:I hope the young Princess doesn't mind a dozen or so proposals/betrothals in varying degrees of French

Mmmm sounds epic. But no one has meet Iris yet, shame.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:05 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:
Endem wrote:I wasn't really thinking of getting my character to Louisiana

I wasn't thinking of that, but, I wanted to make a story about the bleakness of life in slavery

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:07 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:If you've read, she's a bit of a tough cookie.

Mmmm sounds epic. But no one has meet Iris yet, shame.

...Iris, hm?

[ W O U L D Y O U L I K E T O A C C E P T A B E T R O T H E L F R O M H O U S E V O N M E U S E B A C H ?]
Obligatory Quotes below

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:10 pm

Danceria wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:If you've read, she's a bit of a tough cookie.

Some people are into that.

Lux Pulchrae wrote:I feel like it'd be very controversial. Would the mods allow it for narrative purposes? I mean, no one complained about Django.

Even in Spanish negro is considered derogatory. Depending on where you are or which hispanic culture you're from.

Endem wrote:
Lux Pulchrae wrote:

I wasn't thinking of that, but, I wanted to make a story about the bleakness of life in slavery

I was just joking a bit
Last edited by Lux Pulchrae on Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The United Empire of Exucular
Senator

Founded: May 28, 2013
Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:12 pm

Danceria wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Mmmm sounds epic. But no one has meet Iris yet, shame.

...Iris, hm?

[ W O U L D Y O U L I K E T O A C C E P T A B E T R O T H E L F R O M H O U S E V O N M E U S E B A C H ?]

Ahh the first red wedding of the RP! I'll bring a gift!
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

Head of The Grand Inquisition of the Church of Google
The Where's Waldo of the Region of Atlas
General of Ugandan Outer Space
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
Click for War History!
#IStandWithAtlas #UniteAtlasDiaspora

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:14 pm

Danceria wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Mmmm sounds epic. But no one has meet Iris yet, shame.

...Iris, hm?

A queen or the daughter of a king who won't see a rank? I think the choice is clear for most ambitious nobles.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:20 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:
Danceria wrote:Some people are into that.

Even in Spanish negro is considered derogatory. Depending on where you are or which hispanic culture you're from.

Endem wrote:I wasn't thinking of that, but, I wanted to make a story about the bleakness of life in slavery

I'll just blurt put racial slurs

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015

MAJOR WIP

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:25 pm

Just here as a "reservation" for now

George Washington Custis Lee - (1832 - Present)

Account Name: The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Occupation: Lieutenant General of the Confederate States Army, Military Governor of Virginia
Motives: Restoring Order to the South, Breaking the Monopolies, Gradual Emancipation
Background:

Titles/Positions: Military Governor of Virginia, Commander of the Temporary Military Government of the CSA
Holdings: Virginia
Politics: Gradual Abolitionist (as in desires the emancipation of the slaves, but gradually over a long period of time), Militarism, Authoritarianism, Anti-Monopoly, Pragmatist
Faith: Episcopal Church
Last edited by The Imperial Warglorian Empire on Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:32 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Danceria wrote:...Iris, hm?

A queen or the daughter of a king who won't see a rank? I think the choice is clear for most ambitious nobles.

Depends, it would put them in the line of succession. Also maybe someone wants an alliance with House Boykin? Never know.
-Nuverkikstan

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse