NATION

PASSWORD

The Medieval South [OOC/Sign-Ups]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The United Empire of Exucular
Senator

Founded: May 28, 2013
Anarchy

The Medieval South [OOC/Sign-Ups]

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Tue May 05, 2020 10:39 am

Magnolixie wrote:
Dahyan wrote:I believe we already have a character owning Alabama.

My apologies, I must have misread the roster.

There can be more than one noble/character from a state. If you wanted to stay in Alabama I don’t think you’d have to change too much of your App.
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

Head of The Grand Inquisition of the Church of Google
The Where's Waldo of the Region of Atlas
General of Ugandan Outer Space
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
Click for War History!
#IStandWithAtlas #UniteAtlasDiaspora

Dahyan
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahyan » Tue May 05, 2020 10:52 am

Yeah, just change the title and you could be a noble in Alabama who is nominally under the Archduke Raphael Semmes. Here's the link to that application btw:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=483523&p=37048938&hilit=Alabama#p37048938
Your friendly neighbourhood Muslim Communist
Member of the Committee for Proletarian Morality

More about the Zaydi Islamic school of thought: https://imgur.com/a/I3Vy5RD
http://zaydiya.blogspot.com/2009/10/zai ... idism.html
News from the Yemeni revolutionary struggle against Saudi-led invasion: https://uprising.today/

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue May 05, 2020 11:27 am

Magnolixie wrote:
Dahyan wrote:I believe we already have a character owning Alabama.

My apologies, I must have misread the roster.

No worries, I'd be happy to have a rival nominally under Semmes in Alabama. You could even keep the title Baron of Montgomery since the only cities I directly claimed were Birmingham and Mobile. Feel free to TG me or chat here if you have any other ideas.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Magnolixie
Secretary

Founded: Jan 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Magnolixie » Tue May 05, 2020 12:02 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:No worries, I'd be happy to have a rival nominally under Semmes in Alabama. You could even keep the title Baron of Montgomery since the only cities I directly claimed were Birmingham and Mobile. Feel free to TG me or chat here if you have any other ideas.

Thank you for being understanding, I haven't any intent of usurping titles (and, given Taylor's mental state, I don't think he had any either). Would you be alright if I were to have Taylor rule as Viscount of Montgomery, perhaps with a symbolic and largely powerless role in the Archduke's government?
Last edited by Magnolixie on Tue May 05, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue May 05, 2020 12:42 pm

From what I understand the meeting at Biltmore has concluded. Not for the opportune moment for Semmes to make an appearance, but I was hoping he could strike up some rapport with any one of y'alls characters who are leaving Biltmore.
Magnolixie wrote:Thank you for being understanding, I haven't any intent of usurping titles (and, given Taylor's mental state, I don't think he had any either). Would you be alright if I were to have Taylor rule as Viscount of Montgomery, perhaps with a symbolic and largely powerless role in the Archduke's government?

Certainly! As for the position, I intended Semmes to be an absolute ruler but one with a rather limited focus, so while his courtiers would be powerless compared to him in theory, they would actually enjoy some freedom as to setting policies in areas Semmes is unconcerned with, so long as they keep his favor.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Wed May 06, 2020 12:31 pm

If anyone has any input, would we say for certain the Asheville-Nashville line is the only way to then get to Memphis from Asheville aside from obviously stagecoach or wagon? What would the good Railroad Baron say OOC on the matter?

I ask because while obviously preparations are being made to curb the partisans, they appear to be on the more Eastern portions of Appalachia as of current. Forrest, who I will have attend the meeting in a post that will highlight his general interactions at the gathering prior to the attacks, would want to return to his land to rule direct, being a former military strategist and whatnot, and secure a defensive. As I've stated previously, Forrest values a reborn South yes, but he values his own garnished power more, where Stuart will parry off of this as he puts the needs over the many and the needs of all to become a united South once again over the petty power trip many of our Archduke and King friends have throughout these divided territories.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Wed May 06, 2020 3:24 pm

Things will begin to heat up in Tennessee for sure. On the one hand, Forrest has basically authorized anyone supporting anti-slavery to be at the mercy of his 19th century version of the S.S in a sense. Although certainly those practices won't be undertaken, anyone found to be found guilty of conspiracy to plot against Memphis, even in their public or private support of anti-slavery legislation or practices being adopted, will be at the mercy of the decisions of one Colonel John Goodwin, the same man who was a Captain at Fort Pillow, during the massacre of hundreds of unarmed black unionists captive soldiers, under the direction of course, by Forrest himself.

Forrest will be loved for what he is doing to promote a localized succeeding state for Memphis and West-Tennessee. Stuart ultimately wants to see what Forrest is building that is so great not only "loyal" in the sense it sweats "allegiance" to the Emperor, even though that allegiance to every power at this point is a walking joke, but is actually able to cooperate with those in the East and South, to further safeguard against further North invasion, and to promote Forrest's ideas on a national level, to a degree, excluding of course slavery and the slight warmongering and bitter hatred Forrest has for the North, even if its not even seen by Stuart at this point, it's somewhere in there.

Forrest's son on the contrary, wants Memphis and what it has to stay localized and as a mostly separate entity, so he's very so isolationist and sectionalist like his father, however he's been educated with what can be seen in most cases as a Northern University education by Freed-Hardeman University in the capital city of his Province, established 1869. With that being said, while he will undoubtedly hold true his father's ideals of Southern patriotism and nationalism towards the Southern aristocracy, he will promote higher-level education across all levels of wealth and poverty, despite his father's unwillingness and disapproval, he will end up inevitably promoting slavery to be abolished, and he will promote manufacturing, industry and modernization for the areas of which they control, something his father as originally a plantation owner and farmer of varying degrees of wealth before he was so successful in real-estate, won't be too happy with.

Yes the younger Forrest and the older Forrest will most likely be scrapping for sure in some ways, moreso than expected potentially even.

Additionally, every key member of the Royal Court, Viscounts of Provinces, Ministers who advise, and judiciaries in the Royal Court who serve as almost a makeshift "Supreme Court" in some ways will all play a hand in whose side they're on, as well as keep in mind there are also growing pro-unionists among those who may be able to support young Forrest in the future.

Senator

Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Wed May 06, 2020 3:48 pm

The vaktovian empire wrote:If anyone has any input, would we say for certain the Asheville-Nashville line is the only way to then get to Memphis from Asheville aside from obviously stagecoach or wagon? What would the good Railroad Baron say OOC on the matter?

I ask because while obviously preparations are being made to curb the partisans, they appear to be on the more Eastern portions of Appalachia as of current. Forrest, who I will have attend the meeting in a post that will highlight his general interactions at the gathering prior to the attacks, would want to return to his land to rule direct, being a former military strategist and whatnot, and secure a defensive. As I've stated previously, Forrest values a reborn South yes, but he values his own garnished power more, where Stuart will parry off of this as he puts the needs over the many and the needs of all to become a united South once again over the petty power trip many of our Archduke and King friends have throughout these divided territories.

As it stands in the IC it seems that the two lines that were cut were the only lines that led directly into Biltmore. However the railroads in the south are much more prevalent as compared to real life around this period since the north never made it that far into the Confederacy to rid them. My character is a rail baron that has spent close to two decades building a railroad network across the south according to my application. Also a number of other characters have mentioned either in their applications or in the IC their advancements in rail building both locally and nationally. Based on all that, I don't think it would be unreasonable to say that you wouldn't have to travel far to find another station to get wherever you needed to be.
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

_[' ]_
Click for War History!

Senator

Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Wed May 06, 2020 3:50 pm

Also sorry for being a little absent these past few days. RL obligations and what not lol. I'll be posting more regularly I hope in the coming week.
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

_[' ]_
Click for War History!

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Wed May 06, 2020 6:33 pm

The United Empire of Exucular wrote:
The vaktovian empire wrote:If anyone has any input, would we say for certain the Asheville-Nashville line is the only way to then get to Memphis from Asheville aside from obviously stagecoach or wagon? What would the good Railroad Baron say OOC on the matter?

As it stands in the IC it seems that the two lines that were cut were the only lines that led directly into Biltmore. However the railroads in the south are much more prevalent as compared to real life around this period since the north never made it that far into the Confederacy to rid them. My character is a rail baron that has spent close to two decades building a railroad network across the south according to my application. Also a number of other characters have mentioned either in their applications or in the IC their advancements in rail building both locally and nationally. Based on all that, I don't think it would be unreasonable to say that you wouldn't have to travel far to find another station to get wherever you needed to be.

Appreciated, I will address Forrest's return to state via horse to the next approximate rail station and then perhaps a few line transfers here to there back to Memphis in my next post, although I do not want to double post... lololol

Dahyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahyan » Thu May 07, 2020 1:06 am

I applied for Co-OP position btw. I hope we will hear from the OP soon.

News from the Yemeni revolutionary struggle against Saudi-led invasion: https://uprising.today/

Senator

Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Thu May 07, 2020 4:03 pm

Dahyan wrote:I applied for Co-OP position btw. I hope we will hear from the OP soon.

Glad to hear!
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

_[' ]_
Click for War History!

Senator

Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Fri May 08, 2020 12:32 am

I’ll just assume the southern delegation is up in Maryland by now so I can post something tomorrow lol.
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

_[' ]_
Click for War History!

Dahyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahyan » Fri May 08, 2020 2:42 am

The United Empire of Exucular wrote:I’ll just assume the southern delegation is up in Maryland by now so I can post something tomorrow lol.

Sure, go ahead

Dahyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahyan » Sun May 10, 2020 6:43 am

OP seems very busy these days, unfortunately.
Also, the meeting between Newton Knight and the southern delegation can only really progress once I know they are all up in Maryland.

Senator

Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Sun May 10, 2020 3:29 pm

Dahyan wrote:OP seems very busy these days, unfortunately.
Also, the meeting between Newton Knight and the southern delegation can only really progress once I know they are all up in Maryland.

Seems everyone’s busy these days. :( Not entirely unexpected. School years are ending around this time plus quarantine.
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

_[' ]_
Click for War History!

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vienna Eliot » Sun May 10, 2020 6:13 pm

With the school year ending and associated problems, I did indeed become very busy. If there's still interest in this roleplay, I am certainly open to making Dahyan co-OP. I will have to scale back my IC involvement, though — probably posting every now and then to push up new plot events — because I've got a full courseload for the next six weeks as well, and am starting work on a Congressional.

So I'll offer a straw poll to that question: is there still interest in continuing the RP?

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun May 10, 2020 6:40 pm

Vienna Eliot wrote:With the school year ending and associated problems, I did indeed become very busy. If there's still interest in this roleplay, I am certainly open to making Dahyan co-OP. I will have to scale back my IC involvement, though — probably posting every now and then to push up new plot events — because I've got a full courseload for the next six weeks as well, and am starting work on a Congressional.

So I'll offer a straw poll to that question: is there still interest in continuing the RP?

Still here, still happy to write.

Senator

Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Sun May 10, 2020 6:50 pm

Vienna Eliot wrote:With the school year ending and associated problems, I did indeed become very busy. If there's still interest in this roleplay, I am certainly open to making Dahyan co-OP. I will have to scale back my IC involvement, though — probably posting every now and then to push up new plot events — because I've got a full courseload for the next six weeks as well, and am starting work on a Congressional.

I'm still willing and happy to contribute.
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

_[' ]_
Click for War History!

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Sun May 10, 2020 6:56 pm

I am working on the meeting between Rooney Lee and Newton Knight, so there's still a lot to write.

Although I maybe couldn't complete it soon as I'm in the middle of a zoom meeting currently.
Last edited by Sarderia on Sun May 10, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Dahyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahyan » Sun May 10, 2020 10:59 pm

Definitely interested, both as player and as candidate Co-OP

Mediama
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mediama » Mon May 11, 2020 12:08 am

I’m game.
Basically, Canada with Naboo style royalty and more British. My supposed foil and puppet nation is Consertoria

MBC News: Landmark decision establishes national holiday for elections|Seagull shows no fear as it crashes into power generator, causing massive blackouts|Talks in the process for upcoming state visit by Liegallan delegates|Mediaman Pacific Fleet conducts exercises with the United States|Parliament debates over intervention in Hintuwan over communist terrorism|Local Mediaman arrested after attempting to buy clothes from a soup store|Negotiations reached between Illistrantian municipal government and local LGBT Center restricting Pride parades to people 18 and over|Prime Minister Herman Marshal highlights need to 'counter communism around every corner'

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Mon May 11, 2020 5:24 am

I'm here for the long haul, I've well thought out my little collective localized government in West Tennessee and associating sub-plots, I'd hate to see this RP die lol.

Dahyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahyan » Tue May 12, 2020 10:45 am

First IC as Juan Cavallo is up. For Sarderia: you can use a Seminole representative coming to the Wilson County Courthouse meeting in your next post.

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018

Postby Vienna Eliot » Tue May 12, 2020 2:16 pm

So we'll definitely keep this going. I'll see if I can get an IC post up tonight re: the Emperor and I'll update the OP soon.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse