NATION

PASSWORD

The Medieval South [OOC/Sign-Ups]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:23 pm

Union Princes wrote:No, I meant you can try playing as the Pinkerton Agency. They're practically thugs-for-hire in this time period.

Ah, I misunderstood you. That's a stellar idea, but I don't think I'm up for managing or even being a part of Pinkerton. I'd prefer to be the faithful servant of a single man.
Sanabel wrote:Mine would let you directly get involved with the current action, the coronation event

Sounds good! I'll start my application around the idea of my character being a veteran who served under Jackson. Perhaps he became part of the general's retinue and, post-war, was one of the few that could be entrusted with critical tasks by Jackson. If you've any other backstory ideas, let me know.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:29 pm

Union Princes wrote:No, I meant you can try playing as the Pinkerton Agency. They're practically thugs-for-hire in this time period.

Which city are you in Texas sir?
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:32 pm

Sarderia wrote:

Which city are you in Texas sir?

Currently, my first post would have him be in Galveston after a business trip to Dallas.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alaroma » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:33 pm

Union Princes wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Which city are you in Texas sir?

Currently, my first post would have him be in Galveston after a business trip to Dallas.

Where are your main manufacturers located?
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:36 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Union Princes wrote:

Where are your main manufacturers located?

the DFW area (Dallas and Fortworth). That's pretty much where the cattle trail goes through. Cowboys can quickly stock up on some ammo before they make the long journey.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:37 pm

Union Princes wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Where are your main manufacturers located?

the DFW area (Dallas and Fortworth). That's pretty much where the cattle trail goes through. Cowboys can quickly stock up on some ammo before they make the long journey.

FYI it’s Dallas and Boykin now. Got renamed after the reign of the first Boykin monarch.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:39 pm

That's very narcissistic of him. And very confusing as to why. Can't he just name a railroad after him?

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:43 pm

Union Princes wrote:That's very narcissistic of him. And very confusing as to why. Can't he just name a railroad after him?

The parvenus like to rename towns instead of founding them, what can one say?

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:45 pm

Union Princes wrote:That's very narcissistic of him. And very confusing as to why. Can't he just name a railroad after him?

Well for one, he didn’t name it after himself, the city did. Two, Texas has a history of renaming stuff after prominent leaders, and Ben’s father signified the beginning of a new era. Hence, when he died, the residents named it after him. This is partially due to the tons of projects, including Boykin University, that Ben’s father was responsible for in the city.
-Nuverkikstan

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:47 pm

oh okay them, anyway, I posted

Dahyan
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahyan » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:02 pm

Vienna Eliot wrote:
Dahyan wrote:Tagged for interest. Am I correct to understand we can make some sort of independent realms in our applications?

It depends what you mean by that. Every realm in the South is at least nominally part of the Empire, even though vassals exercise the true power.

I see, thanks. So if I'd take a Southern Unionist and abolitionist like Newton Knight as a character, that could only work as an outlaw, if I'm correct?
Your friendly neighbourhood Muslim Communist
Member of the Committee for Proletarian Morality

More about the Zaydi Islamic school of thought: https://imgur.com/a/I3Vy5RD
http://zaydiya.blogspot.com/2009/10/zai ... idism.html
News from the Yemeni revolutionary struggle against Saudi-led invasion: https://uprising.today/

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:08 pm

Dahyan wrote:
Vienna Eliot wrote:It depends what you mean by that. Every realm in the South is at least nominally part of the Empire, even though vassals exercise the true power.

I see, thanks. So if I'd take a Southern Unionist and abolitionist like Newton Knight as a character, that could only work as an outlaw, if I'm correct?

Well I assume Unionists aren’t welcome in government, so sure.
-Nuverkikstan

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:10 pm

Dahyan wrote:
Vienna Eliot wrote:It depends what you mean by that. Every realm in the South is at least nominally part of the Empire, even though vassals exercise the true power.

I think that kind of character would be fit in Maryland or Virginia. If I'm correct one of the posts stated that the Union is still meeting in Washington. Could be a "Governor of Maryland" in behalf of the US.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:14 pm

I saw that post, I don’t understand how the Union is still meeting in Washington as it’s completely within Confederate territory, but that shows how weak the South is
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:16 pm

Sanabel wrote:I saw that post, I don’t understand how the Union is still meeting in Washington as it’s completely within Confederate territory, but that shows how weak the South is

There's a mention of it in the IC, actually. The new emperor isn't sure if we own Maryland XD

Dahyan
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahyan » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:23 pm

Sarderia wrote:
Dahyan wrote:

I think that kind of character would be fit in Maryland or Virginia. If I'm correct one of the posts stated that the Union is still meeting in Washington. Could be a "Governor of Maryland" in behalf of the US.

Is it confirmed that the Union controls Maryland and Virginia? If so, I'd gladly take Maryland, for sure.
Your friendly neighbourhood Muslim Communist
Member of the Committee for Proletarian Morality

More about the Zaydi Islamic school of thought: https://imgur.com/a/I3Vy5RD
http://zaydiya.blogspot.com/2009/10/zai ... idism.html
News from the Yemeni revolutionary struggle against Saudi-led invasion: https://uprising.today/

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:33 pm

Wait a minute, I read the IC again. Slave trade? Now that's a disaster already. If Britain and France finds out the CSA was shipping new slaves from then the CSA is dead meat. This has to be the works of rogue nobles. Even the CSA constitution in our world banned the trans-Atlantic slave trade.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:33 pm

Unionists in Maryland make me sad smh
-Nuverkikstan

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:34 pm

Union Princes wrote:Wait a minute, I read the IC again. Slave trade? Now that's a disaster already. If Britain and France finds out the CSA was shipping new slaves from then the CSA is dead meat. This has to be the works of rogue nobles. Even the CSA constitution in our world banned the trans-Atlantic slave trade.

Rogue nobles, it’s been banned in Texas.
-Nuverkikstan

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:36 pm

Dahyan wrote:
Sarderia wrote:I think that kind of character would be fit in Maryland or Virginia. If I'm correct one of the posts stated that the Union is still meeting in Washington. Could be a "Governor of Maryland" in behalf of the US.

Is it confirmed that the Union controls Maryland and Virginia? If so, I'd gladly take Maryland, for sure.

It's not confirmed, per se, but it's known that the Union still meets in Washington. So there must be a very significant influence of the Stars and Stripes in Maryland.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:39 pm

Btw isn’t the Emperor being a drunk supposed to be a secret?
-Nuverkikstan

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:40 pm

Sarderia, about the telegram, the revolver rifles are no longer in production. Colt stopped producing them in 1862. If you want rifles, you need to go to Harper's Ferry.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:43 pm

Alaroma wrote:Btw isn’t the Emperor being a drunk supposed to be a secret?

Is that directed at me

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:48 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Btw isn’t the Emperor being a drunk supposed to be a secret?

Is that directed at me

Yes it is.
-Nuverkikstan

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:55 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Is that directed at me

Yes it is.

I’m assuming the most powerful man on the privy council is able to figure out what an often-drunk boy he has known for over a decade is doing.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse