NATION

PASSWORD

The Daily Carrot (Comedy)(Slice of Life)(OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:24 pm

Mediama wrote:
Talchyon wrote:
I liked it. Though something tells me we're not getting out of the restaurant any time soon. There still are disgusting food jokes we can make.

Perhaps... I'm at a loss on what to do. XD I have some ideas, so I'll keep thinking.

I think DeMarcus is going to start responding with NFL obscure references. Just more of his characterization and background.
Last edited by Talchyon on Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Mediama
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mediama » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:27 pm

I might just have carol go through the staff doors to either investigate or to make a complaint, but instead accidently uncover the suspicious person's intentions. XD
Basically, Canada with Naboo style royalty and more British. My supposed foil and puppet nation is Consertoria

MBC News: Landmark decision establishes national holiday for elections|Seagull shows no fear as it crashes into power generator, causing massive blackouts|Talks in the process for upcoming state visit by Liegallan delegates|Mediaman Pacific Fleet conducts exercises with the United States|Parliament debates over intervention in Hintuwan over communist terrorism|Local Mediaman arrested after attempting to buy clothes from a soup store|Negotiations reached between Illistrantian municipal government and local LGBT Center restricting Pride parades to people 18 and over|Prime Minister Herman Marshal highlights need to 'counter communism around every corner'

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:30 pm

The main courses are going to be dished out tonight. Oh boy...
Mediama wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

It's meant for anyone wanting to know what's happening inside of the kitchen who happen to be inside the restaurant. Also, Carol is allowed to technically commit terrorism of blowing up a 1 star eatery, if she wants. As long as none of the other player characters get hurt, of course and after they left the restaurant.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Mediama
Diplomat

Postby Mediama » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:40 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:The main courses are going to be dished out tonight. Oh boy...
Mediama wrote:

It's meant for anyone wanting to know what's happening inside of the kitchen who happen to be inside the restaurant. Also, Carol is allowed to technically commit terrorism of blowing up a 1 star eatery, if she wants. As long as none of the other player characters get hurt, of course and after they left the restaurant.

Nice, can't wait to see what Carol finds. Is it a KAOS hideout? A satanic cult? A Brony convention? XD
Basically, Canada with Naboo style royalty and more British. My supposed foil and puppet nation is Consertoria

MBC News: Landmark decision establishes national holiday for elections|Seagull shows no fear as it crashes into power generator, causing massive blackouts|Talks in the process for upcoming state visit by Liegallan delegates|Mediaman Pacific Fleet conducts exercises with the United States|Parliament debates over intervention in Hintuwan over communist terrorism|Local Mediaman arrested after attempting to buy clothes from a soup store|Negotiations reached between Illistrantian municipal government and local LGBT Center restricting Pride parades to people 18 and over|Prime Minister Herman Marshal highlights need to 'counter communism around every corner'

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:46 pm

I forgot about this. I'd love to participate, but I'll be offline for a good bit of the summer.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:58 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:I forgot about this. I'd love to participate, but I'll be offline for a good bit of the summer.

Hey Pax! I'd love to have you back when you can. Maybe keep up with it, but just do like a one-shot post every now and then?
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:45 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:I forgot about this. I'd love to participate, but I'll be offline for a good bit of the summer.

Hey Pax! I'd love to have you back when you can. Maybe keep up with it, but just do like a one-shot post every now and then?

I'll try my best to do that.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:41 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

I'll try my best to do that.

Good.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:57 am

Voxija wrote:Good.

Got a lot to say today, eh? ;D

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:16 am

OP -

I gotta say, I love all of your references to Rhett and Link's "Will it Taco" video. A modern classic, and definitely worthy of being referenced.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:02 pm

Still open? Thinking of making a guy who writes about conspiracies and the like. Now that I've read the IC it seems like a good gag given the situation they're in...
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:09 pm

Barapam wrote:Still open? Thinking of making a guy who writes about conspiracies and the like. Now that I've read the IC it seems like a good gag given the situation they're in...

RP is still open, though the summer is causing things to be a bit slow, but you're happy to join! :)

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:55 pm

Barapam wrote:Still open? Thinking of making a guy who writes about conspiracies and the like. Now that I've read the IC it seems like a good gag given the situation they're in...

Hey Barapam! Good to see you. We have a good NS friend and fellow comedy writer here, folks! She's been on Infinites a lot.

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:00 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:

RP is still open, though the summer is causing things to be a bit slow, but you're happy to join! :)

Thank you! Expect an app to come in soonish-ish (with restrictions lifted, a relative is coming to visit this week).

And hi Talc! It was your signature that brought me here. :)
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Mediama
Diplomat

Postby Mediama » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:35 am

Should have a post up soon, gonna go into some CONTROL antics. XD

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:27 am

Name: Conn Spirou
Sex: Male
Appearance:

Skills you believe will make you qualified for the workplace: I'm an investigating journalist, a bloodhound. I know a good story when I see it, and I always go to the bottom with it without letting the establishment stop me, even if they do anything to keep their dirty secrets secret. The people has a right to know!

Also, I'm pretty good at making sensational articles and headlines, which helps you guys sell single copies.
Previous Employment, N/A if none: A couple odd jobs here and there, otherwise N/A.

Explain More About Yourself: Look, you never knows who might be listening, and I'm pretty concerned about my privacy and integrity, so I prefer not to tell you too much, but I can say this: I'm born and raised in this town, and my ancestors were from Ireland and France. My star sign is Libra, and according to the Chinese zodiac I was born in the year of the dragon. My blood type is AB+. There you go. Happy?
Requests for your workspace: Lots of wall space for my cases to be pinned up on, and an endless amount of free office supplies to do so. And my two favorite framed posters. And a theremin.
ImageImage

Request for secondary job: Columnist, provided I'm allowed to write anything I want.
Preferred Type of Coverage: Conspiracies, cover-ups, cryptids, UFO:s, urban legends, the occult and paranormal, etc.
Likes and Dislikes (optional): Likes surf rock, rockabilly, psychobilly and punk. Dislikes licorice.
Running Gags: Overthinking and assuming there's evil conspiracies everywhere (for example, he once wrote a story about a real case of incompetence and corruption involving Anywhere's mayor, which would've been a real scoop, but he took it way too far with ungrounded accusations of connections to evil secret societies, so the bigger media houses didn't pick it up, so the mayor is still on his post). Can also be absent-minded. And he'll constantly try to convince the editor about his theories, especially when he feels the Carrot might be in danger due to various dark forces.
Other notes you feel are important for your employer to know: I don't let my own political opinions influence my work, for example during the election I wrote both about Pizzagate and the Russian collusion, if you remember. And while I do have a basement full of stuff from Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union and Imperial Japan, I'm not in favor of dictatorship, I just like their esthetics, ok? You know me, I'm a loyal American!
Last edited by Barapam on Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:06 am

This is gonna be awesome, even more awesome than it already is!
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:46 am

Because Barapam's character absolutely needs a theramin. And one provided for by the publication's budget, at that. :D

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:18 am

Talchyon wrote:Because Barapam's character absolutely needs a theramin. And one provided for by the publication's budget, at that. :D

Yeah of course! It's the ultimate instrument for his field and he's a bit of a cheapskate I guess :D

Mediama
Diplomat

Postby Mediama » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:43 pm

Oh man! If he ever found out that Carol’s a CONTROL agent... XD

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:03 pm

Barapam wrote:
Name: Conn Spirou
Sex: Male
Appearance:
Skills you believe will make you qualified for the workplace: I'm an investigating journalist, a bloodhound. I know a good story when I see it, and I always go to the bottom with it without letting the establishment stop me, even if they do anything to keep their dirty secrets secret. The people has a right to know!

Also, I'm pretty good at making sensational articles and headlines, which helps you guys sell single copies.
Previous Employment, N/A if none: A couple odd jobs here and there, otherwise N/A.

Explain More About Yourself: Look, you never knows who might be listening, and I'm pretty concerned about my privacy and integrity, so I prefer not to tell you too much, but I can say this: I'm born and raised in this town, and my ancestors were from Ireland and France. My star sign is Libra, and according to the Chinese zodiac I was born in the year of the dragon. My blood type is AB+. There you go. Happy?
Requests for your workspace: Lots of wall space for my cases to be pinned up on, and an endless amount of free office supplies to do so. And my two favorite framed posters. And a theremin.
Request for secondary job: Columnist, provided I'm allowed to write anything I want.
Preferred Type of Coverage: Conspiracies, cover-ups, cryptids, UFO:s, urban legends, the occult and paranormal, etc.
Likes and Dislikes (optional): Likes surf rock, rockabilly, psychobilly and punk. Dislikes licorice.
Running Gags: Overthinking and assuming there's evil conspiracies everywhere (for example, he once wrote a story about a real case of incompetence and corruption involving Anywhere's mayor, which would've been a real scoop, but he took it way too far with ungrounded accusations of connections to evil secret societies, so the bigger media houses didn't pick it up, so the mayor is still on his post). Can also be absent-minded. And he'll constantly try to convince the editor about his theories, especially when he feels the Carrot might be in danger due to various dark forces.
Other notes you feel are important for your employer to know: I don't let my own political opinions influence my work, for example during the election I wrote both about Pizzagate and the Russian collusion, if you remember. And while I do have a basement full of stuff from Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union and Imperial Japan, I'm not in favor of dictatorship, I just like their esthetics, ok? You know me, I'm a loyal American!

Considering that some of our protagonists are in the midst of finding themselves encountering a Satanic Lovecraftin cult, Conn might end up being one of the sanest people working in the Daily Carrot.

ACCEPTED

RPs I do

Mediama
Diplomat

Postby Mediama » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:11 pm

Sorry about that late response, trying to fix the post, anything I need to adjust?

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:14 pm

Mediama wrote:Sorry about that late response, trying to fix the post, anything I need to adjust?

Consommer has already looked in the kitchen, though Digby can look with him also. Also, since Digby doesn't seem to be sticking on the chair, she should think about hurting her co-workers and her boss.

And commit some homegrown terrorism of blowing up a building with people with C4 mentos, but anything to advance the plot, so some of the new workers can be introduced. But make sure you take your time! :)

Edit: Also, when did Digby bring a gun in her purse? I didn't see it mentioned?
Last edited by Main Nation Ministry on Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RPs I do

Mediama
Diplomat

Postby Mediama » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:17 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Mediama wrote:Sorry about that late response, trying to fix the post, anything I need to adjust?

Consommer has already looked in the kitchen, though Digby can look with him also. Also, since Digby doesn't seem to be sticking on the chair, she should think about hurting her co-workers and her boss.

And commit some homegrown terrorism of blowing up a building with people with C4 mentos, but anything to advance the plot, so some of the new workers can be introduced. But make sure you take your time! :)

Mentioned it multiple posts, specifically starting with my first post, said she had a detective special holstered in her garter belt. I can pull them up if you like.
Last edited by Mediama on Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:21 pm

Mediama wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Consommer has already looked in the kitchen, though Digby can look with him also. Also, since Digby doesn't seem to be sticking on the chair, she should think about hurting her co-workers and her boss.

Mentioned it multiple posts, specifically starting with my first post, said she had a detective special holstered in her garter belt. I can pull them up if you like.

I checked, it's all good. Alright.

RPs I do

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse