NATION

PASSWORD

The Daily Carrot (Comedy)(Slice of Life)(OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mediama
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mediama » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:07 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Mediama wrote:Not sure if I should have Carol not know how to use MS paint to go with the running gag of her being essentially a 60’s girl. XD

I think you should. If DeMarcus ever finds out, he'd be like, "What's wrong with you, girl?"

And then have her have a panic attack over not knowing what to do when theoretically she could just scan her drawings and that would work just as well? XD
Basically, Canada with Naboo style royalty and more British. My supposed foil and puppet nation is Consertoria

MBC News: Landmark decision establishes national holiday for elections|Seagull shows no fear as it crashes into power generator, causing massive blackouts|Talks in the process for upcoming state visit by Liegallan delegates|Mediaman Pacific Fleet conducts exercises with the United States|Parliament debates over intervention in Hintuwan over communist terrorism|Local Mediaman arrested after attempting to buy clothes from a soup store|Negotiations reached between Illistrantian municipal government and local LGBT Center restricting Pride parades to people 18 and over|Prime Minister Herman Marshal highlights need to 'counter communism around every corner'

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:04 pm

Mediama wrote:
Talchyon wrote:
I think you should. If DeMarcus ever finds out, he'd be like, "What's wrong with you, girl?"

And then have her have a panic attack over not knowing what to do when theoretically she could just scan her drawings and that would work just as well? XD

That's up to you. Though she might try to fax it.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Mediama
Diplomat

Postby Mediama » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:48 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Mediama wrote:

Not sure about faxing, I don’t think it was a thing in the 60’s.
Basically, Canada with Naboo style royalty and more British. My supposed foil and puppet nation is Consertoria

MBC News: Landmark decision establishes national holiday for elections|Seagull shows no fear as it crashes into power generator, causing massive blackouts|Talks in the process for upcoming state visit by Liegallan delegates|Mediaman Pacific Fleet conducts exercises with the United States|Parliament debates over intervention in Hintuwan over communist terrorism|Local Mediaman arrested after attempting to buy clothes from a soup store|Negotiations reached between Illistrantian municipal government and local LGBT Center restricting Pride parades to people 18 and over|Prime Minister Herman Marshal highlights need to 'counter communism around every corner'

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:04 pm

Mediama wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Not sure about faxing, I don’t think it was a thing in the 60’s.

Yeah, I think faxing was more '90s.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:24 pm

I'll try to post tomorrow.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Mediama
Diplomat

Postby Mediama » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:59 am

Know it’s been a while, but I was thinking, what if in going to the restaurant with The gang, Carol finds out the restaurant is actually a front for a KAOS hideout?

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:43 am

I would be up for joining again...

Ovesa
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:52 pm

Tagging for interest

Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:07 pm

Hopefully this picks up again i would hate for it to die
Senator Julie Littenbaum (D-WA)
Rep. Bobby Markoe (R-IL-15)

FREE THE UYGHURS, STOP CHINA

Social Democrat, Avid Marijuana Enthusiast, Proud Transgender Female, Gimme Healthcare Pls

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:10 pm

I love to have this pick up again, though I have summer classes, so my schedule is a bit enforced. I can have the scene be cut to the restaurant, if anyone wishes to do a bit of a time skip.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:11 pm

Talchyon wrote:I would be up for joining again...

Same.

Main Nation Ministry wrote:I love to have this pick up again, though I have summer classes, so my schedule is a bit enforced. I can have the scene be cut to the restaurant, if anyone wishes to do a bit of a time skip.

Good idea, and I want my character to be there with you too.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:12 pm

Voxija wrote:
Talchyon wrote:I would be up for joining again...

Same.

Main Nation Ministry wrote:I love to have this pick up again, though I have summer classes, so my schedule is a bit enforced. I can have the scene be cut to the restaurant, if anyone wishes to do a bit of a time skip.

Good idea, and I want my character to be there with you too.

Dakota will be there as well
Senator Julie Littenbaum (D-WA)
Rep. Bobby Markoe (R-IL-15)

FREE THE UYGHURS, STOP CHINA

Social Democrat, Avid Marijuana Enthusiast, Proud Transgender Female, Gimme Healthcare Pls

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:01 pm

Hope I'm not too late, this looks fun!
Name: Finn Bauer
Sex: Male
Appearance: Aside from his broad shoulders, he has a thin, almost skeletal frame. He wears a faded red flannel shirt, jeans, black boots, and a straw gardener's hat. He has a slim, almost elongated face with a long, thin nose, short messy dark hair, and amber eyes. No one outside of his hometown has ever seen him without his hat.
Skills you believe will make you qualified for the workplace: "If nothing else, I'm an honest, hard-working man who's willing to learn the ropes of workin' for a big-time paper."
Previous Employment, N/A if none: Bauer Farms, Downriver Farmhouse Inn, various agriarian sidejobs

Explain More About Yourself: "Grew up in Downriver, Nebraska. It's a nice town, mostly just a collection of small farms. Worked on my family's farm for most of my time, growing corn and running the market stalls. When my folks opened up the Inn, they asked me to write up some advertisements for the paper. Guess they liked it a lot, said I was a skilled writer. When they and my siblings found out y'all were hiring, they kept telling me about how great it would be to write for the paper. Tried telling 'em I was fine with staying on the farm, and I wouldn't know what to even write about, but I eventually warmed up to it. Figured it was worth a shot applying."
Requests for your workspace (optional): "Don't need much special accommodation, but if I could use my typewriter, and keep a flowerpot at my desk, I'd be as happy as a clam."
Request for secondary job (optional): "Noticed a lack of plants outside the building. I'd be happy to plant some garden boxes, maybe even a couple trees, and tend to them."
Preferred Type of Coverage (optional): Farming and farm-related events (festivals, growing seasons, etc.) along with recipes and gardening tips. [OOC: Many of his stories have a noticable Southern Gothic edge. It isn't some strange choice of words on Finn's part, he just grew up in a really weird rural environment that he perceives as completely normal.]
Likes and Dislikes (optional): He's fairly laid back, preferring to listen to others rather than talk about himself. He's much smarter than he appears; he's incredibly observant, remebering small details most wouldn't even notice. He's accepting of others, as long as they aren't overly arrogant or mean-spirited.
Running Gags (optional): "Gosh dang it, Clem." (Clem is the name of his horse/primary transport. It's short for Inclement Weather. The horse is basically a local cryptid with a bad habit of getting into places a horse really shouldn't be in).

There's also Nona Gertrude, an older woman who is somehow related to Finn. She's a fierce outdoorswoman who has held her own against at least 50 bears in her lifetime. He'll occasionally bring up anecdotes featuring her.
Other notes you feel are important for your employer to know (optional): N/A

I'm open to any suggestions and constructive criticism.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:04 pm

I'm going to be available tonight around 8PM PST, after I finish up college work for the day. I make sure to examine your app, Ovesa. Don't worry.

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:07 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:I'm going to be available tonight around 8PM PST, after I finish up college work for the day. I make sure to examine your app, Ovesa. Don't worry.

Alright, good to hear! Good luck with your work :)

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:52 pm

Ovesa wrote:Hope I'm not too late, this looks fun!
Name: Finn Bauer
Sex: Male
Appearance: Aside from his broad shoulders, he has a thin, almost skeletal frame. He wears a faded red flannel shirt, jeans, black boots, and a straw gardener's hat. He has a slim, almost elongated face with a long, thin nose, short messy dark hair, and amber eyes. No one outside of his hometown has ever seen him without his hat.
Skills you believe will make you qualified for the workplace: "If nothing else, I'm an honest, hard-working man who's willing to learn the ropes of workin' for a big-time paper."
Previous Employment, N/A if none: Bauer Farms, Downriver Farmhouse Inn, various agriarian sidejobs

Explain More About Yourself: "Grew up in Downriver, Nebraska. It's a nice town, mostly just a collection of small farms. Worked on my family's farm for most of my time, growing corn and running the market stalls. When my folks opened up the Inn, they asked me to write up some advertisements for the paper. Guess they liked it a lot, said I was a skilled writer. When they and my siblings found out y'all were hiring, they kept telling me about how great it would be to write for the paper. Tried telling 'em I was fine with staying on the farm, and I wouldn't know what to even write about, but I eventually warmed up to it. Figured it was worth a shot applying."
Requests for your workspace (optional): "Don't need much special accommodation, but if I could use my typewriter, and keep a flowerpot at my desk, I'd be as happy as a clam."
Request for secondary job (optional): "Noticed a lack of plants outside the building. I'd be happy to plant some garden boxes, maybe even a couple trees, and tend to them."
Preferred Type of Coverage (optional): Farming and farm-related events (festivals, growing seasons, etc.) along with recipes and gardening tips. [OOC: Many of his stories have a noticable Southern Gothic edge. It isn't some strange choice of words on Finn's part, he just grew up in a really weird rural environment that he perceives as completely normal.]
Likes and Dislikes (optional): He's fairly laid back, preferring to listen to others rather than talk about himself. He's much smarter than he appears; he's incredibly observant, remebering small details most wouldn't even notice. He's accepting of others, as long as they aren't overly arrogant or mean-spirited.
Running Gags (optional): "Gosh dang it, Clem." (Clem is the name of his horse/primary transport. It's short for Inclement Weather. The horse is basically a local cryptid with a bad habit of getting into places a horse really shouldn't be in).

There's also Nona Gertrude, an older woman who is somehow related to Finn. She's a fierce outdoorswoman who has held her own against at least 50 bears in her lifetime. He'll occasionally bring up anecdotes featuring her.
Other notes you feel are important for your employer to know (optional): N/A

I'm open to any suggestions and constructive criticism.

I'm sure there will be horse parking outside of the offices. Finn Bauer is ACCEPTED

As for the timeskip, I will start it tomorrow, though around the same time at possibly night. Depends on the level of college work I can do tomorrow.

RPs I do

Mediama
Diplomat

Postby Mediama » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:56 pm

Sign me up for the restaurant excursion as well. ‘W’

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:57 pm

Tag, I'll need to come up with a neat character idea tho
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Ovesa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovesa » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:33 pm

What's happening with the time skip?

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:58 pm

Ovesa wrote:What's happening with the time skip?

When this first started, we were all getting ready to do a time skip to like, later on that first day of the new editor's tenure at lunch. There it was going to be more of a meet and greet for the new editor and his staff.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:05 am

The time skip has been activited. Enjoy dinner at the Rosario's House. Or your character can be doing something else in Anywhere City, like covering a story in the evening or probably doing something possibly illegal (but let's not get too covered away, as they can get better food than where some of the characters are currently are). Go ahead.

RPs I do

Mediama
Diplomat

Postby Mediama » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:45 am

Debating on whether or not to have Carol order Taco Bell stuff, or go full on inept and order something that is obviously not Mexican food. If the latter I think it'll only work if Carol was the last to order.

Mediama
Diplomat

Postby Mediama » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:13 pm

posted, just had to make some adjustments.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:16 pm

Mediama wrote:posted, just had to make some adjustments.

I liked it. Though something tells me we're not getting out of the restaurant any time soon. There still are disgusting food jokes we can make.

Mediama
Diplomat

Postby Mediama » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:20 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Mediama wrote:posted, just had to make some adjustments.

I liked it. Though something tells me we're not getting out of the restaurant any time soon. There still are disgusting food jokes we can make.

Perhaps... I'm at a loss on what to do. XD I have some ideas, so I'll keep thinking.

Also, the suspicious person going in the staff door, is that supposed to be for me?
Last edited by Mediama on Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse