NATION

PASSWORD

Hogwarts: Year Seven - A New Age [IC/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Segral » Mon May 04, 2020 1:18 pm

Ed Wilson

Somehow, the gum was a good icebreaker. Jacob seemed relieved to have something in his mouth besides hospital swill, and Ed couldn't exactly blame him. He had been to St. Mungo's his fair share of times, and he knew that the only surefire trick to make sure you never left the hospital's four walls was to eat the food. It was like eating a whole box of laxatives at once, it ran right through you like the River Tiber. Your bowel movements would mystify any Healer, even Dilys Derwent herself. All of the good people in here deserved better. Hell, all of the nutcases and idiots in here deserved better, Ed wouldn't wish a St. Mungo's meal on his worst enemy.

A deviation from traditional St. Mungo's cuisine seemed to get Jacob in a talkative mood, but it looked difficult, like he was struggling to remember how to string together words, remember names. After a few seconds of struggle, he seemed to remember Ed's name at last, following the breakthrough up with asking Ed why he had come here in the first place. Good question. Ed was still trying to figure out the right answer to that. Truthfully, it wasn't here to visit Jacob. They barely knew each other, if he hadn't been specially called in, he wouldn't be here in the first place. There must be a nicer way to put it than that, though...

"Truth be told, this visit's a little impromptu." Ed said, leaning back in the chair as he chewed his gum thoughtfully. "St. Mungo's sent me an owl asking if I could come in and visit you. They thought that seeing a face that wasn't a Healer would...cheer you up a little, y'know? I had a day off from work, so I decided to take them up on the offer. Rest is history." Ed explained, a slight smirk forming on his face as he said it.

The words had only been hanging in there for a second or two when a Healer stepped in, tea pitcher in one hand, wand in the other. One with a familiar fa-...Andrew? Where the hell had this bloke been?! Ed had been playing a game last year to see how many times he could spot Andrew outside of class, expecting to get at least fifteen or twenty. He had gotten...three. Three whole times. Good time to reappear now, though. St. Mungo's needed the Healers. He vaguely remembered Andrew as being some sort of young-Healer-apprentice-prodigy, and it showed. His hand didn't even shake once while he was spiking Jacob's tea with some potion, probably a Calming Drought judging by the color. Usually, people in this job had trembling, shaky hands, whether from the fried nerves of a twelve-hour shift or some slight doubt that they had poured the wrong potion nagging at their mind. Andrew made it look easy as he poured the potion, mixed it carefully with a silver teaspoon, and strode right up to the bed, handing Jacob the saucer and giving the most casual 'How's it going?' Ed had ever heard, as if he wasn't the one who had practically turned into a ghost. Maybe he was just numb.

"Eh, not bad. Same porridge, just reheated." Ed said apathetically, a slight shrug punctuating his words. It was only took a few seconds to realize the monumental stupidity of the sentence he had just said, turning bright red. Same porridge, reheated? What the fuck did that even mean? Was he going insane? Clearly, Celia's stupidity was starting to rub off on him, it was like a contagious disease. Worse, it was a pandemic.

"Er...how's the Mungo's shift?" Ed asked with a slight cough, praying that the conversation would move away from his porridge.
yea bro idk

Castriarta
Envoy

Founded: May 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Castriarta » Tue May 05, 2020 9:36 am

Anton Abakumov Stralichetsya Uvistral

Anton lay on the hospital bed as if in his tomb, motionless, though appearing as if some part of him were in a long descent to the realm below. True sleep, he could not find; nor light. All around him was dark and dreariness, only soft movements swirling through his near-deadened mind. Somewhere, deep within, the boy reveled in this night of the psyche. Anton felt as though he had embarked on the miserable counterpart to the journey described in St. John's "Dark Night of the Soul": where the Catholic friar had climbed the ladder to divine light in happy ascent, the young wizard now approached the murky depths of being in a sluggish descent. But Life stirred within him still. Anton half reached for this movement of Life -- and he half resented it, that Life encaged him still in its vise. He wanted rest -- return. Return to that silent solitude he knew before his birth. Return to death, the conclusion of every living souls' journey. He thought his time had come.

But why, why could he not rest? Why the whispering insistence -- was it not the pale persistence of a day now departed? To return to Life, for he to have a tomorrow - would it not be but the living corpse of yesterday's lost life? These thoughts, or the impulses to think them -- untraceable, half-concealed intonations and feelings -- moved within his comatose mind like monsters swimming in the dark depths of the sea.

But closer, closer to the surface -- there were images. Memories. The silvery light of the moon over dark castle walls. The sounds of battle. Bright flashing lights -- spells bursting from wands and clashing in the air. Bodies falling and flying. The screams of the terrified and the wounded, the wailing of inhuman beasts. The grim faces of his comrades, his peers -- and of his enemies, menacing and determined. Fires and explosions. As he lay on his bed, deep in his comatose sleep, Anton relived that night -- the night of the battle.

He remembered, before the fight began, standing at a window of the great castle of Hogwarts in that anxious intimacy of approaching evening, waiting for the stars to begin at this vantage point that looks out on the infinite, his emotions moving to the rhythm required by a foreboding feeling of journeys yet unknown, or experiences which were simply hypothetical or impossible.

He remembered the fear in his body as he met the lifeless gaze of the Inferi's cloudy white eyes. He remembered fighting with all his skill and cunning, exhausting himself as he bravely battled the Ravencloaks and their undead minions. Anton had tried to hold the outer defenses with other students, but their opponents were too many and too skilled. He had been on the walls when they were overwhelmed, the Huffelpuff boy beside him falling onto Anton, collapsing with pained cries as blood sprouted from wounds on his chest and arms, having been struck by one of the many spells bombarding their position. Anton and another Ravenclaw girl had been doing their best to heal and comfort the wounded boy when a Ravencloak came spiraling through the air, landing on the opposite side of the wall as them. Before either could move, he had lashed out with his wand, sending the girl toppling backwards over the edge of the wall with a shriek. Anton had countered, petrifying the wizard and leaving him collapsed on the ground. Helping up the wounded Hufflepuff, Anton moved deeper into the castle as the outer layers were more and more overrun by Ravencloaks and their Inferi.

After leaving the wounded Hufflepuff to the medics, Anton had returned to the fight. He had fought with cunning, weaving through darkness and lashing out in ambush at the enemies when they had their backs turned. Behind columns and over rubble, through hallways and onto staircases, he and the other Hogwarts defenders had battled Ravencloaks and Inferi alike. He had sent a Ravencloak sliding across the floor with a curse that ensnared his opponent's legs in barbed wire; he had taken off two Inferius heads with an explosive charm; he had crushed another's chest and abdomen by hurling a large stone at it. He had incapacitated another Ravencloak witch with a stunning spell that sent her headfirst into a wall. But in the process, Anton had taken a heavy beating: his right shoulder had been grazed by a curse and the cloth was incinerated, leaving a burnt shoulder covered in painful and oozing blisters. His left foot had been pierced with flying debris and he was limping heavily. But he fought on.

Anton and his comrades had been retreating down a hallway, taking out as many enemies as they could, when they heard rumbling on the other side of the door at the end of the hall. Freezing, their eyes turn on the great oak doors. Cracks began to appear, then fingers of flesh rotted nearly to the bone began to claw through. Soon, the door was shredded, and another horde of Inferi were swarming toward them. Forming a circle, the wizards and witches fought with brave ferocity. Anton sent forks of lightning crackling through four or five Inferi, their weak bodies crumbling. More pressed in on them, and he was raising his wand for another spell when they were hit.

A Ravencloak had successfully cast a powerful explosive spell right in the middle of the student force. All that Anton felt was a crushing force behind him, white hot pain, and then darkness. He had been thrown off of his feet and into a wall by the spell, stunned for a moment. He blinked slowly as he returned to consciousness, bringing himself up onto his hands and knees and retrieving his wand from the floor. Rising smoke clouded the hallway, but he could see shapes approaching. Inferi. Lifting himself to his feet, he leaned on the wall and gasped. His left arm felt almost immobile, rigid with pain, hanging at his side. Gritting his teeth, he looked around with dazed eyes through the smoke, and spotted a side corridor. Limping into it as fast as he could, he tried to escape down the path.

But the hungry rasping of the Inferi followed him. Turning, he lashed out with a yell, dropping the first two Inferi as they entered the corridor. They tried to rise again but were trampled by more undead soldiers. Anton stumbled down the hall, grimacing fiercely as more Inferi moved in on him. Lifting his wand, he pushed his endurance and cast another spell, hitting the lead Inferius in the chest and sending it hurtling back into the others, knocking a few over. But they kept coming. To his dismay, through the smoke at the end of his hall, another figure appeared, cloaked in black, holding a wand. One of the Ravencloaks.

Determined to go down fighting, Anton cast another spell. This one hit an Inferius in the arm, leaving it dangling from his body. The creature barely seemed to notice, stumbling back a few steps and shaking its head with a wild and nasty snap of its rotting jaws before continuing its approach. Yelling with exertion, he lifted two Inferi in the air, slamming their bodies into the ceiling with a satisfying crunch before hurling them back into the crowd.

The approaching Ravencloak was at the front of the crowd now. As Anton lifted his arm once again, his face twisted with pain and exhaustion, the Ravencloak lashed out. Anton's wand went flying, his palm numb. Crying out in anger, the boy balled his fists and stepped toward the approaching wizard. Again, the Ravencloak simply flicked his wand. Anton felt his feet lift off the ground as he was raised in the air, kicking futilely. Slowly, he felt his throat begin to close, his breathing constricted. Gasping and choking, he was sent hurtling back into the wall, pain flaring across his body. Wheezing now, he attempted to rise but could barely move his limbs. The hooded Ravencloak raised his wand, point lowered directly at Anton's eyes, and uttered one word: "Crucio!"

The pain started in Anton's spine, but traveled over his whole body, like an army of fire ants spreading across a great foe. The pain felt alive, like some evil being occupying his body, inside his veins, flowing through his blood, spreading its venomous talons over every inch of his being. His eyes, nose, and mouth burned like they were being flooded with boiling water. He wanted to cry out, but couldn't. He twitched and shuddered as if struck by lighting, and his tormentor watched with grim satisfaction as his victim danced with pain.

In this pain, Anton felt revealed to himself by a sinister light. He was nobody, absolutely nobody. When the lightning flashed, what he had thought to be a city was revealed to be a deserted plain, with no sky above it. Darkness was spreading, death was approaching. As his mind reeled and the curse continued pushing the near-dead boy further to the brink, he did not see the aurors arrive to save him, nor the trip to the hospital, nor anything after that one word. Anton was trapped in the abyss. Deep in his sleep of recovery, the boy toyed with impossible ideas.

"I am the outskirts of some non-existent town, the prologue to some unwritten book." The boy heard his own voice within his mind, but wanted it to end. "I'm nobody, nobody. I don't know how to feel or think or love. I am falling through a trapdoor, through infinite, infinitous space, in a directionless, empty fall." In his coma, the boy made a barely audible groan, and his muscles shuddered as if he were going to move. The forces of the boy's soul battled within, all victim to the cold wind of fate.

The heavy night began to fade. Anton felt his mind become more active, the spiraling thoughts moving closer to the surface. A final utterance escaped the boy's mind before he re-entered the world of the fully living: "If only I could think! If only I could feel!"

Heavy eyelids moved with painful exertion, opening Anton to the light of the world once again. The light assaulted him in a pleasant way, piercing his body and his mind to rid it of the sickness that comes from too much darkness, too deep depths, too much quiet. Life is loud, and Anton welcomed the noise. He lay still for a few moments, letting memories return to him. Many things were bleary, many details smudged in the archive-books of his thought. Turning his head, Anton looked out of the window in his room. The sun was rising: it was early morning.

It felt to him as if this dawn were the first the world had seen. Never before had this pink light dwindling into yellow and then white hot fallen in quite this way on his face as it turned to the silence that comes with the growing light. Never before had this light, this hour, his being existed. He was awake!

Arlye Austros
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2014

Postby Arlye Austros » Tue May 05, 2020 1:36 pm

Amelia Grenwald
Amelia’s eyes pendulated between both women as they spoke, and even after she would flash the images on her head. Luckily to her, the experiences in the times of Malvolio paid their fruits. The woman had an idea of something slightly off, and she herself hid that realisation from her face.
“You must be proud of her, then.” She conceded. “I understand Abraxans can be a handful. Do you have the elves taking care of them? I was actually thinking of acquiring some beasts myself. Not Abraxans, but perhaps something alike.” Amelia had a bit of her tea. “Though I must admit, I am entirely incompetent with animals. No doubt I will require somebody to take over.”

Collin was the one who hated animals. An odd thing for his character. She just leaned out of her way. Isolde liked dogs, but not horses. Amelia somewhat absorbed that dislike, perhaps a simple disdain. “I am curious, however.” She said putting down her cup. “How did you get to Mexico, Caitie? Crossing the Atlantic isn’t exactly easy. I do believe some of your classmates are from America, so perhaps you had help there?”
Arlye Austros, the New South. In the Nibaru Expense. -Future Tech-
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).
Pro Stark, Impeach Tommen

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue May 05, 2020 8:25 pm

Caitie: Glacies Estate

Caitie looked as poised as ever as she took another sip of her tea as Amelia commented that her aunt must be proud of her, although inwardly the gorgeous quarter-Veela knew that was unlikely to be the case.

Aunt Cordelia only ever speaks to me when it is absolutely necessary, and I'm the only thing standing between her and total control over the estate...

The young woman was grateful the conversation shifted back to equestrian matters for a moment as she fluidly entered back into the discussion.

"No, the Elves remain strictly in the house, we have a full staff for the animals and most other domestic matters," Caitie informed their guest. No sooner had she answered, however, Amelia asked about how she travelled. Caitie opened her mouth, and as she did, the doors to the drawing-room entered and one of the servants entered.

"His Lordship, the Chancellor of Education Edmund Avery. Caitie and Cordelia rose as expected as the tall, gaunt, and finely dressed in an Edwardian Era suit wizard walked in and gave a polite bow to the three women.

"I apologise for intruding," Avery's grave voice boomed as he gestured to the seats. "Please, continue," he added as he sat back down. Cordelia and Caitie followed suit, as the elves returned carrying a bottle of champagne in a metal ice bucket and with four glasses. Magically, they handed a glass to each of the humans and with a slight flourish of magic poured them a drink. Avery took a sip, followed by his wife.

"I travelled by floo powder," Caitie informed Amelia after a sip of her own.
Last edited by Britanania on Wed May 06, 2020 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Wed May 06, 2020 1:56 pm

Amelia Grenwald

The London-born Welsh heard attentive as Caitie explained the care the beasts had. The fact that the house elves were not charged with that lit some lights in her head. Yet she was also curious about Caitie’s trip to Mexico.
What she didn’t expect was Edmund Avery to be announced. Amelia stood up and smiled at Avery as he walked in.

“Hello, Edmund.” She said before listening to Caitie, who confirmed her guess. Floo Powders. She grabbed the glass of champagne but did not quite drink. “I am sure it was quite an adventure.” She replied but looked at the Lord Chancellor of Education. “I am sure Hogwarts could use a more intense curriculum regarding foreign cultures and how magic works abroad.” It was, after all, somewhat in her agenda. She tasted the drink just slightly before addressing Caitie this time. There was something she quite liked in it. “I hope you won’t mind showing me the Estate some time. I would really love to learn and see how they are taken care of.” She said looking straight at Caitie, her shoulders turning away from both Averys. "Since Isolde moved out I do find my property to be a bit empty as of late. Of course, it is certainly not a piece of this. I imagined more people lived here. Seems I was mistaken."
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed May 06, 2020 9:42 pm

"Caitlin would be happy to show you around sometime," Avery injected cooly before his niece could have a chance to reply. The Pureblood wizard sipped on his champagne with the poise and elegance befitting of his station not only as a senior member of the Highlord's Cabinet but also as the scion of one Britain's oldest and most influential Pureblood families.

"I cannot believe you let your daughter move out, Amelia," Cordelia then added as she put her flute down. "Especially not when she has even finished her education yet." The blonde witch turned to her husband. "Our parents never would have tolerated that." Avery gave a wry smile and shrugged.

"No, they would not have, but Amelia is not the only one who is so liberal with their children. Many of that so-called Ravencloaks came from families that were loose or nonexistent. You cannot say it is a coincidence."

Caitie looked over at her aunt and uncle with an even reaction before she turned back to their guest.

"We have a full staff, Mrs Grenwald," she returned. "As a great house ought to have, as my father believed."
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Thu May 07, 2020 10:32 am

Amelia Grenwald

She understood what the Headmaster intended to imply. No doubt he had in his mind the way Isolde acted before the end of the year. She had the urge to mention that Isolde was in the first line of defence of the castle, but Amelia realised it would only lead her where he wanted her to go. She seemed, instead, not to pay attention to Edmund, nor Cordelia, and continued to slightly show her back at them.

Amelia erased her smile in a solemn way. “I am glad to see things haven’t changed, despite your father’s departure. We could use him right now… After what happened in the school our job has been mostly cleaning the ashes of the balefire.” Her voice was slightly above a whisper. Amelia then sat straight again and had a bit more of the tea that had been offered, the champagne sitting almost unscathed on the table.
“Luckily Isolde has shown to be in control of her own situation, even after what they all went through.” Her eyes now rested on Cordelia, however her last five words had her gaze hover slightly on the Headmaster. “But it is not you whom I got to impress… That, I am afraid, gets me back to work.” She laid the cup on the table before carrying on.
“The International Federation is soon to pass the relief from your victory at the School. Fact is, there is concern the image of the Ministry abroad is damaged beyond repair.” She said while looking at the man in the face. “Luckily, that is only a concern, and may very well be false. I planned a visit to the United States and Canada in the next days, and I hope to provide a hint that we will be taking efforts to secure this year from any other… complication.”

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu May 07, 2020 8:19 pm

Jacob

A smile appeared upon Jacobs face as Andrew appeared, at least in his foggy state of mind that’s what he saw the second time he looked. The first time he jumped back in horror, still not used the his dead girlfriends face being everywhere. So when Andrew handed him the tea he drank greedily, knowing that the hospital staff mixed something to calm the nerves in the tea.

“Th...thank you Andrew, how is Rachel May I ask? They’ve been letting me walk around and I stopped on her but she didn’t wake while I was there” he said, sighing in relief as he felt the potion come over him. Infusing him with a sense that everything would be alright. The calm felt nice even if a part of him knew that it was fake and was going to leave him eventually.

He then switched from looking at Andrew to looking at Ed, “Oh, well thanks for stopping in then.. I’m curious, where were you for the battle? My memories a little foggy but I don’t really recall seeing you.” He said, trying to picture if he did actually see the other man while fighting in the Dungeons. These thoughts of the dungeons and battle of course lead him to think of Savannah and even with the potion securely in his system, a tear appeared upon his cheek, sliding slowly towards the floor unnoticed.
Lover of doggos

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Mon May 11, 2020 11:49 am

Andrew

Same...porridge. Porridge. Is that what wizards were saying now? He hadn't heard that from a co-worker yet. Though Mungo's was basically the only wizarding place he had bothered to set foot in as of late. Maybe he was spending a bit too much time in the muggle world...

"Things are slow right now," he said to Ed, meanwhile going about mixing another tasteless potion with a cup of tea. "Once everything settled down it got a lot more quiet. Technically I don't have to come in every day, but...I don't exactly have much else to do at the moment, so why not? Helps me learn more for next term, I s'pose."

Jacob had asked about Rachel, prompting Andrew to glance further down the ward. He rubbed the back of his neck. "She's...a bit better, I guess. Her injuries are mostly taken care of, but being cooped up in bed for so long..." he shook his head. "Could take a bit for her to regain the strength to walk, let alone use magic. Strout plans to discharge her with some sort of physical therapy plan or something."

"Yeah..." he muttered, evidently shaking off the thought of the inevitable future. He looked back to Ed. "What about you? The penny pinching goblins driving you up the wall yet?"
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016

I'm Still Alive

Postby Skylus » Mon May 11, 2020 7:50 pm

Madison Goodwill, somewhere in St. Mungos

Madi entered a ward on the fourth floor of St. Mungos and saw Andrew and Ed sitting next to Jacob, who was lying on a bed. Rachel was further down the ward (?) but she seemed to be asleep. "Hey." Madi walked up to the three, then held out a hand and a chair moved across the ward into her waiting hand, which she then sat down in and eyed the three. "How are things going? I got bored, so I figured I'd see what you were up to. I might help you here, Andrew, dunno yet, with me being a werewolf and all I have no idea if I can even work anywhere...By the way, i haven't heard from Derek all summer, do any of you know where he is or what he's doing?"
Last edited by Skylus on Mon May 11, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Tue May 12, 2020 9:42 am

Ed Wilson

"Well, for a good part of the battle, I was lying under a piece of the Great Hall's ceiling, trying to focus on something under than my impending death." Ed said to Jacob with a chuckle, resting his chin on his fist. Of course, there was a lot that he was leaving out of that explanation. Like how he still saw that Ravencloak that had been crushed to death by rubble in his dreams, his nightmares. Like how he hated small spaces, to the point where he nearly had a panic attack in his closet the other day. But that was irrelevant, "I was traumatized and have severe claustrophobia" was hardly a great conversation starter, and Jacob had other things to worry about.

"But yeah, I was in the whole thick of things during the Great Hall fight, until those bastards started making the castle come down and I got pinned under some rocks. The ceiling's a lot less impressive when it's a few metres away from your face and has no stars. I never even made it down to the dungeons, the battle had basically ended by the time I crawled out." he said, a little peeved at his lack of involvement in the fight. It seemed like every time Hogwarts was under siege, his ass was always hiding somewhere out of the line of fire. Although, maybe that was a good thing. After all, it had kept him alive, which was more than poor Savannah could say. Usually, he would've asked where Jacob was during the battle, but in this circumstance, it maaaaaay not be the best idea to ask such a question, lest he risk throwing Jacob into another catatonic shock.

The conversation was getting hectic to follow, turning into a free-flowing triangle with Andrew and Jacob at the opposite points, but Ed was able to catch something about "goblins", and suddenly, he was in full ranting mode. "Sweet Mary and Joseph, the goblins haven't just driven me up the wall, they've taken me across the ceiling and floor too." Ed said with a bitter laugh. "I tell you, I should've done like you and grabbed a shift here, this is heaven on earth compared to Gringotts. The actual job's not bad, it's just taking Muggle money and throwing them some Galleons and Sickles in exchange, but somehow, my coworkers manage to screw it up. And my boss, my boss is a real piece of work, he's such a penny-pinching, platitude-seeking scumbag. Makes me want to go communist." Ed grumbled, unwrapping another piece of gum. He was so lost in his rant that he barely noticed Madi pulling up a chair right behind him, and barely even stopped to think about how four of them had all ended up in the same place at once. She was asking something about...Derek? That dobber was completely unpredictable, it was impossible to tell what he would do next. Take a trip to Nigeria? Maybe. Get arrested by the Ministry for using an Exploding Charm on a garbage can? Maybe. Dead?! Maybe.

"Haven't got a clue." Ed said with a shrug to Madi. "What does the bloke usually do during his summers?"
yea bro idk

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue May 12, 2020 8:22 pm

Caitie stirred somewhat uncomfortably at the mention of her father by Amelia but gave the government member a polite smile nonetheless as she took a sip of her champagne.

"Yes, he would want to keep things as they were," Caitie managed to say, albeit stiffly and without much emotion or thought." The young woman remained silent as the discussion turned more towards matters regarding government policy. The Slytherin wondered if it were better if she left, but she stayed regardless.

Edmund looked unconcerned at Amelia's words as he took a sip of his own.

"If the foreign governments have any concerns regarding the school,' he said calmly, "they should be reminded I caught Darkenstone earlier in the year and exposed his true ideals. It can hardly be considered a fault of Hogwarts that the unfortunate events happened at Azkaban. I've already been in contact with the Supreme Mugwump, and an agent of the ICW will be arriving to help monitor the situation," he explained. "The Highlord himself supports this."
Last edited by Britanania on Tue May 12, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Wed May 13, 2020 10:01 am

Amelia Grenwald

She gave a faint smile, as if she had seen or heard something expected, yet still surprising to her. “Of course not, Edmund. Getting Darkenstone was the right way to go. Although I am not sure what motivated his capture in that instance. I believe he cursed somebody?” She commented, leaving the idea floating in the air. “But that’s not what matters, I am afraid. I will have to explain, among other things, how a boy managed to escape Azkaban, reduce it to ashes and then strike the very pride of Britain.” The woman leaned on the couch, quickly gazing at Cordelia. Her mind, however, returned to Caitie at the other side. Amelia allowed the idea to slip into silence again.

“What did he do exactly when he was apprehended?” She asked while grabbing the teacup again. Would Caitie know? Would any of them imagine why she was here? Amelia imagined the man before her to have at least a grasp on Legilimency. She really hoped her own at Occlumency would stand to whatever might be already coming. “And how exactly does a sixteen-year old boy gets enough power to tear Azkaban to the ground?”

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu May 14, 2020 6:43 pm

Avery shrugged again as he took another sip.

"That is for our friends over at Azkaban to answer," he stated simply. "You can tell them I argued for Dementors to guard him, at the very least," the former Auror added as he placed his flute down. His wife cast him a quick glance for a moment as Caitie seemed to perk up.

"He wouldn't need that much power," the young woman stated simply. "Not if he cursed the Aurors beforehand when they arrested him."

Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico

The five Britons sat around a table in the local tavern, each of them taking long sips of their drinks. Aside from them and the bartender, the place was almost completely barren--the rest of the villagers, apparently, were out praying where the outsiders had left them only a few moments before.

"Right," the apparent leader of the group, an educated sounding chap named Nigel Devonshire. "We'll give out contact a few minutes more."

"Do you have any idea who it might be?" a Yorkshire native, Richard Taylor, asked.

"I don't believe so," another northerner, Andrew Wilson, added.

"In any event," a Welshmen, Harry Glendover, interjected, "I don't like this place one bit."

"Oi, you're just being paranoid," Thomas Worchester, of the Midlands, said with a bit of a laugh. "We're been in this bloody continent since for two years now and you don't like any of them."

"Hardly my fault," Glendover added. "It's them that don't like us."

Amidst the chatter of the group, the doors to the bar opened and a beautiful woman with flaming red hair walked in and took a seat near the Britons.

"Good afternoon," she said in a crisp, RP accent. "I am Dahlia Hawthorne, your contact."

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Sat May 16, 2020 10:28 am

Amelia Grenwald

Amelia did not reply at Avery straight away, but merely looked at Cordelia. “He wouldn’t have needed to curse at least half the Aurors in the prison. Now, I don’t think a Six Year student would be able to excerpt such a control. Not even an adult.” Her last words were more of a reflection on ideas than an answer, and her sight strayed away slightly, as she thought.

“Anyway. That will still be requiring an answer soon enough. Could I have a copy of Darkenstone’s curriculum and scores in my desk within two days? I would very much like to know what he knew.” She looked at Avery while placing the cup back down. “Other than that, I believe having the ICW involved will be enough to soothe some minds for the time being. Of course, it will be a bit of a dent in pride, but its due, I would say.”

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon May 18, 2020 10:10 pm

"Of course, I will have someone send his dossier tomorrow, Amelia," Avery said with a slight smile at Amelia, seemingly perfectly at ease with the entire situation. The Lord Minister of Education finished his drink and placed it on a table. He glanced over at his wife for a moment before Caitie again interjected.

"An unprepared Auror could easily fall under the imperius curse," she commented. "It wouldn't be difficult at all, I think," Caitie added, almost knowingly.

Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico

The red-haired beauty brushed some strands of hair out of her face as the others looked at her, almost in disbelief.

"You're our contact?" Devonshire asked again, clearly more as confirmation. The woman merely nodded.

"Yes, that is correct. "I'm to lead you to the safe house in the jungle, where the other team will take you to safety. No objections?" The others looked at themselves for a while but despite a few grumbles, they seemed to accept the unexpected turn of events. Dahlia smiled as she rose from her seat.

"Excellent, we leave at once. The sooner we leave, the easier this will be; the jungle can be perilous, and the locals have strange rumours of monsters," she said with a laugh. "Nothing you need to be concerned with, of course, just superstition."

As the group exited the bar, one of the locals turned to his friend with the shake of his head.

"Puedes correr, pero no te puedes esconder," he said. "Cabrón..."

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Tue May 19, 2020 5:27 pm

Amelia Grenwald

Caitie’s suggestion was, to say the least, startling. On one hand, it could imply that the Aurors at Azkaban were less than prepared, allowing themselves to be cursed by a -presumably- unarmed boy, maybe even before he was apprehended. If that was what this girl implied, it could cause quite a breach within the Ministry. On the other hand, however it would also imply that William Darkenstone was indeed able to control, unarmed, the Aurors keeping him in custody. Yet some idea lingered in Amelia’s mind, and she stared at the girl before here straight in the eye. She said such a thing with such a naturality that she could hear her words colliding with the irrevocable truth that the Imperius Curse is rather complex and taxing.

“If unexperienced Aurors allowed themselves to be cursed like that… I fear, dear, that the entire body would be under question right away. I don’t quite fathom such a possibility.” She said in an almost dismissive tone, erasing her worries from her face in an instant. She looked back at Avery. “In any case, that information will be useful. Edmund, if it is possible, I could also use any information that could be gathered on Darkenstone’s visits to the Library and Hogsmeade. I am sure it could be quite titanic to look up. But you have shown yourself to be quite the bat when hearing things about your student body, I have faith you can pull that off.” The Lady remarked with a smile before standing up. She looked at Caitie.

“Now, Caitie, I am hoping to talk to you a bit more. I must say I am more interested now in starting my own equestrian collection back in Wales.” Amelia said as she grabbed her purse, signaling she was willing to leave the three alone. “Maybe you can show me how you have arranged the land to get the best out of it? My batch in Llanrwst is a mess, admittedly, but now with more space maybe I can do something about it.”

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu May 21, 2020 5:37 pm

The trio similarly rose to their feet as Amelia stood up. It was obvious the conversation reached its logical conclusion. Cordelia let out a hand towards Amelia and gave a formal and polite smile.

"It was nice of you to stop by, Amelia. Please give us some forewarning next time, and we can make a whole day of the experience." In a similar fashion, Avery gave her a polite bow.

"Yes, we should chat again, and not about work," he said with a wry smile. "Now if you excuse me, I need to go back to work," Avery announced as he bowed again and quit the drawing-room. Caitie looked back at her uncle with narrowed eyes before she turned to address Amelia with a formal nod of her head.

"I would be happy to show you, Mrs Grenwald," she replied.

After he left the drawing-room, Avery casually returned to his office. Once he arrived, the Headmaster took a bit of Floo powder and threw it into the fireplace.

"The High Lord's office," he announced drily before he jumped in. Once he arrived outside, he looked at the doormen.

"I apologise for my sudden arrival," he said with a bow, "but it's urgent I speak to the High Lord."

Triassica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Thu May 21, 2020 6:37 pm

Raphael Raymond
Paris

Raphael stared out of the van window as his parents drove out of the Airport after a long journey from London to visit the grandparents for the Summer. Another battle at Hogwarts School had taken its toll on his mind and his parents thought it best to help ease him with some traveling. It's been at least a year since he has been to his home country. So it was good to be back after some time.

Raphael glanced away from his window to his parents in the front seat, both clearly arguing about something. Most likely about Hogwarts, with his mother not wanting him to go anymore after it becoming a Warzone for the umpteenth time. His father in particular was frustrated with how laxed in security the school has become. He even went as far as to deem the "wizard police force" to be incompetent to allow teenagers to wage battles against each other.

Raphael sighed and glanced back out the window, his thoughts on other things, as he stared towards the main city, with the Eiffel Tower in the distance. Particularly another beach party he'd be going to with his schoolmates. His heart ached inside, remembering that the last beach party was one of his clearest memories of his deceased boyfriend, Alexander Marcus. Or at least when a the most recent photo of them together was taken. His memories were trampled with by a student, suspectfully a Caitie. Why would she do that though? That's one thing Raph would need to confront her about the next time he sees her.
Slava Ukraine!

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Fri May 22, 2020 1:59 pm

Amelia Grenwald

At first, she wasn’t comfortable on horseback. Amelia would awkwardly guide the reins of the beast sideward, trying to make it walk in the direction she intended the castrated Thoroughbred to head to. However suddenly a long-forgotten instinct kicked in. It happened once they crossed the gateway out of the stables, and even her posture atop the horse changed. Amelia followed Caitie as they crossed the fields.
The girl informed her of the land and some of the breeds they came across. Amelia split-thought through it. On one hand she pondered on actually buying some horses. On the other her mind rushed through the conversation at the drawing-room and tried to figure out the state of the relationship between Caitie and her caretaker.

“It is a large swap of terrain.” She commented as they guided the mounts downhill, through a small path towards a creek. “You must have a number of tenants to care to it.” A forestry drew before them, occupying the other side of the water course.

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Tue May 26, 2020 6:52 pm

Andrew

For the time being, Andrew more or less listened quietly to Ed's and Jacob's conversation. Every so often he would stroll away from them with another cup of tea, setting it down at the bedside of one of the patients still in the ward before returning to stand at their side.

His questioning of Ed's job, somewhat unsurprising to Andrew, sent the bloke into total rant mode. Though he couldn't help but crack an amused grin as Ed droned on about how his co-workers were practically brain dead and his goblin bosses were the scum of the earth. Hell, his comment on going communist made Andrew openly laugh at the thought, which was probably the first time he had done that since the start of the summer.

He had noticed Madi come in as Andrew was listening to said rant, prompting him to bid her a wave. He assumed Madi was there to help out as a volunteer, though she wasn't wearing their uniform. Instead she had asked about Derek.

"I haven't gone out much outside of work, to be honest," Andrew told her. "Unless he's out fishing in the Irwell on weekends, I probably ain't seen him."
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

World Anarchic Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby World Anarchic Union » Sat May 30, 2020 10:05 am

Anton Valgerth Hurt

Crucio

The curse was always ringing in his head, always present. When he tried to sleep, he would jump up, breathing heavily and shaking with sweat running down his neck. He could never forget how he felt, the pain that expanded across his body. When he was taught the Unforgivable Curse, he had learned that for the curse to have an effect, the caster should mean it with all his being. The pain he had felt signaled that William wanted his former friend to experience his utmost anger.

For a bit more than a month after the battle, he was unconscious, unable to wake up. His dreams were hunted by a masked figure dressed in black, and he couldn’t understand if it was William or himself. Eventually he regained consciousness, but his condition forced him to remain at St Mungos. After all, he didn’t have where to go.

And now, for the past month, he could hardly sleep. Every night he thought of what had occurred and how stupid he had been. To believe William’s lies and follow him. To help him all throughout these years, aid him while he dreamed of massacres. At that point, he would look at where his arm had once been, only to see something artificial, something fake. And the tears would come running down his cheeks.

His days and nights were lonely and boring. He got to know some others in his ward, learn their stories, and eventually strike up conversations, while others from Hogwarts were treated there as well. And like that, his time passed, although the pain never withered and the guilt never subsided.

Now, he was wandering the hospital. Just a few days ago he was allowed to walk outside his room, and he tried to take advantage of it as much as possible. Stretching his arms, he moved down the hall, biting into an apple that he had a managed to find, the first fresh piece of food that he had consumed in months.
THE PEOPLE UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
VIVA ROJAVA!
VIVA EZLN!

PRO: Anarcho-Communism, Libertarian Socialism, Communalism, Revolutionary Catalonia, Council Communism, Direct Democracy, Ecology, Internationalism, Pro-Choice, Palestine, Feminism, LGBTQ+ Rights

ANTI: Capitalism, Imperialism, NATO, Fascism, Authoritarianism, Nationalism, (Neo)Liberalism, Conservatism, Reformism, Militarism, Misogyny, Racism
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.77

Political Objectives:
Revolutionary
100 Equality, 93 Liberty and 29 Stability

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016

Postby Skylus » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:51 am

Madison Goodwill; St. Mungo’s

Madi looked up at the ceiling. “Well, if none of you have heard from him...” She returned her gaze to Andrew and the others. “I hope he’s okay. Did you know he apparated by the main gates without seeing any healers? Just...walked off wearing a full suit or armor. A party? Sure. Do you know when it’s being held?”
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:49 pm

Collab between Brit and Anarcho

Caitie looked over the vast expanse of her family's estate as she and Amelia toured the grounds. She had grown up here, spent most of her first 11 years almost exclusively confined to the grounds of the Glacies Estate, and yet it hardly felt like her home. Hogwarts, despite all the pain it held for her, was more of a home since the death of her mother and twin brothers.

And that's why...

Amelia's question broke Caitie's concentration.

"We have had a few tenants over the years," she said casually. "Some of them for centuries, I am told."

The receptionist escorted Avery into the High Lord's office. Few people had the exclusive right to see Thomas Grey unannounced, given how busy the High Lords was in reshaping Wizardry Britain, bur Edmund Avery was in that small club. Avery gave a short bow once the doors were closed. He knew how Grey operated--he knew the walls and doors and windows were enchanted to prevent anything from what they said from escaping. Thomas Grey, much like Avery, enjoyed privacy.

"I am sorry to interrupt, Thomas, but this is important."

"So I've been told, Edmund," the High Lore said with his hands folded over his desk. "What's this about?"

"Amelia Grenwald," he said coldly. "She was just at my house." Grey raised an eyebrow and gestured for Avery to sit. The Headmaster nodded politely and made his way over.

"She has been asking questions," Avery said. "Getting into business that does not concern her."

"If it is as important as you said, Edmund, I'll see what I can do. We're spread a little thin at the moment."

"I understand, Thomas, but Amelia is a powerful witch, and after I punished her daughter, I suspect she has held a grudge."

Thomas leaned back into his chair and looked up at the ceiling in thought.

"Yes," he conceded. "She could be dangerous. I'll keep an eye on her."

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:49 pm

Amelia Grenwald

The Lady for International cooperation stopped her horse, as if she intended to mark the importance of this topic. Her mount halted as she looked down, the terrain on its last drop to the waterway. “Did you ever meet them?” Her face, regardless of her intentions, expressed a slight hint of genuine worry. “I have actually come to learn one of your friends at Hogwarts lives here as one. I suppose you talked after what happened there.”

Perhaps she was crossing a line before the best time, but something in her mind urged Amelia to hurry. “Considering your uncle doesn’t seem too interested in talking.”

Isolde.

For as long as she could remember, Isolde took a number of things for granted. Life taught her that some were not, slipping away in disappointment from her existence. However a select number of things, she understood, would always remain: Breathe to stay alive; eat every now and then; trust those you deem worthy; don’t stay alone in the dark; the Deatheaters could come back…

But now that was no longer the case, at least not in a short term. The Deatheaters were gone, exterminated by the Ministry. She wanted to mistrust the High Lord and was prepared to be sceptic about this victory. But the girl couldn’t help following the crowd into the celebration. She grabbed David’s arm and they both joined the celebration, as the handful of wizards living in the Cardiff area converged in the East Lane. Somebody magically opened champagne bottles from every balcony, so it looked as though a foamy-golden snowfall had merged with the daylight.
People danced in the street at the tune of drums and trumpets, and eventually a bagpipe joined in. Somebody who was not David kissed Isolde, and she did not mind; somehow the environment was that intoxicating. In an hour people gave away food and cheered in the street. Isolde and David, both slightly drunk, sat on a side of the Lane, watching the celebration.

“Maybe this year won’t be so bad.” She ventured to say. A minute later she had to say goodbye, as Cynodon came to her. A Special Edition needed to be delivered. “Maybe we won’t need to worry anymore.” She said again, before parting.

Days later

Again it seemed Caitie wanted to throw a party. This time, however, it wasn’t to host only prefects. Instead it would be open to the whole generation. She didn’t expect a lot to show up, however. Isolde imagined many would just want to be left alone. Best that way. Perhaps she would be able to talk to Rachel alone. Was she even ready for that?

“I will take two days off at most.” She said. Cynodon had become strict about her time, as her partying with David on that particular day did mean she wrecked the bike, falling into a river as she pedalled back to Cardiff. She was fine, but the bike was not found again. When confronted by the man she was reminded she could have used a charm to summon the bike back. Isolde did feel stupid, but then remembered that would have get her in trouble. It was best, yet, not to remind her boss of that and give him that win on the argument.

“Just make sure you return alright. Is that boy going as well?” He asked, not looking back at her as she stood at the door before departing for that day’s delivery.
“I suppose.” She muttered before leaving. She hoped he would show up. Would she have that kind of attitude from her mother if she stayed home? Where was she, by the way? Isolde hadn’t heard from her in a week at least. Too much for her overall comfort.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse