NATION

PASSWORD

Hogwarts: Year Seven - A New Age [IC/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Triassica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:10 am

Raphael Raymond

Raph nodded slowly at the beautiful woman. "L'antichambre sonne bien, Mme Caite." The muggleborn replied carefully, "Ouvrez la voie s'il vous plaît à votre discrétion."

Raphael followed Caitie, leaving the crowded room before breathing in relief to finally be away from all those noisy strangers. He glanced at the girl, a spike of anger within him, before looking away in silence. When they were now finally seemingly alone, Raphael looked around before sighing as began.

"Mme Catie, do you remember Alexander Markus?" The boy asked, "He seemed to have been my best friend at school, even having romantic relations with him..."
Last edited by Triassica on Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraine!

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:18 pm

Caitie
Glacies Estate

Once they were inside of the antechamber, Caitie turned to the door, pointed her wand at it, and rattled off a spell that prevented anyone outside of the room from listening in and another spell that locked the door. Only then did Caitie turned to Raphael as he looked around the room, presumably, Caitie mused, if anyone else was listening in. She gathered he was a tad nervous and watched his actions with a careful gaze.

So now we get to the rub of it, she thought as Raph asked her about Alex. The young woman folded her arms across her chess and drummed her left fingers.

"Of course I remember Alexander," she said in her prim accent. "His award hangs in the Great Hall, alongside the others heroes who sacrificed their lives during Liam's so-called insurrection."
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:41 pm

Raphael Raymond

Raphael knew that he was making a mistake going alone with Caitie into this room. The muggleborn thought that he should have brought Madi, Rachel or even Ricardo with him to help speak to this eccentric woman. But what was happening may as well be already done. So it would be best to just go right through with it and so Raphael continued to form his thoughts into words

"Alexander Markus... He was... He was my boyfriend, wasn't he?" asked Raph, now turning to Caitie, "I don't remember much of it, but with Alex's diary, countless photos, hundreds of letters and so on, it was clear that we were intimately close."

Raphael laughed a little. "Its funny. There so much data on what happened between Alexander and I." He went on, "Its hard to deny that it all happened and so I know it happened. Yet I don't remember that it happened."

The muggleborn's eyes shifted before locking onto Caitie. "Its as if there is something wrong with me personally." Raph spoke in a low voice, "Something wrong with my memory. Like as if someone tampered with it to be exact..."
Last edited by Triassica on Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Slava Ukraine!

Arlye Austros
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Arlye Austros » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:43 pm

Ricardo

They exchanged some more words before the sense of urgency came back to him. It wasn’t his own, though, and only very sudden. “Sorry, I better go. I need to check on my cousin.” He said to Atnhali before heading back into the house. Where was Jacinto? It had to do with him, again. He was starting to regret bringing him along.

“Madi!” He spotted the girl who helped him get into the battle months before. For some reason that particular memory came back to him. “I get it you got to meet my cousin. Sorry if he’s a bother… Have you seen him around?” He said with a smile, but still denoting his own frustration with a frown. Then his face changed all of the sudden. Again, the urgency. The smile faded. It was a bit like the bathrooms all over again.

Jacinto

Should he follow them? Maybe. But he promised to look after Rachel. He contemplated the scars for a bit. Burns. Didn’t they set a forest in fire back home? Wait. It was the ground itself. Did he get any burns? Maybe, he barely remembered the details of his Invunche state. They told him it was a natural thing, but Jacinto suspected Ricardo used a memory charm on him.
He sat in front of Rachel and looked at her for another second before turning to look at the mechanism that still held the green liquid. With skulls and all. The boy chuckled slightly. “Q’ wea?

He drew out his wand and rested his hand on the table, aiming at the device, then seemed to recall something for a moment. “Iney anta allküy?
Nothing happened. He tried once more, this time with a slight intonation. However, much to his frustration, he repeated the operation another two times before he seemed satisfied. There was a slight trembling in his wand, but not his wrist.

Allkü enew?” This time he got an immediate answer. The absinthe-filled contraption made a sound, as if a sudden and fierce wind whistled through its surface. Jacinto smiled and sighed.
Dungu-… Dunguenew? ” He recited, slowly. Nothing. Again, this time with a different tune. His wand made a slight, more acute vibration, one that made his hand bones tickle. Again, he stopped and closed his eyes, focusing.

Awkinkotünenew?” No reply. He had to try three more times, testing different pronunciations and timing before something happened. The absinthe in the machine seemed to bounce a bit, as if the apparatus had been struck from a side. Jacinto waved his wand and the object did so again, sliding a bit to the side. His classes hadn’t been a complete waste, it seemed.
Arlye Austros, the New South. In the Nibaru Expense. -Future Tech-
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).
Pro Stark, Impeach Tommen

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:48 am

Andrew

"Yeah, a kicker!" the boy explained with a slight smirk, his tone somewhat upbeat and cheery so as to hold Ed's attention for at least ten damn seconds. "You're stumbling around all wobbly-like and shouting like a pillock!" Andrew had meanwhile fished a small glass bottle of clear, strong-smelling liquid out of his pocket, and did his best to hand it over to the drunken lad, whose last bottle was now replaced with a forkless plate of cheesecake. "This here'll get you back to standing upright, yeah?"

He gave a side glance to Isolde and David, thankfully finding that they hadn't left him with this bloke yet, before scanning the rest of the room again. He could've sworn he saw Rachel earlier. He leaned to the right and stood on his toes, peering over a couple shoulders and scattered groups of conversing party-goers.

Though Andrew had expected to still see Rachel over yonder speaking with Caitie, he now saw the blonde stepping away into a side room. Left at the table was now...wait, now she was face-down...?

It was then that he almost learned the hard way of standing like that supporting yourself on a drunk person. He nearly stumbled, but composed himself without disturbing Ed's precious cheesecake. Andrew patted him on the back. "Just down all that like a shot, and you'll feel like a million quid."

He relinquished his grasp on Ed, and looked to Isolde. "Hey, make sure he drinks that," Andrew hissed out of earshot. "The powdered bezoar should sober him up in a few minutes. I'll be right back..."

Andrew promptly slipped away from his group and back into the sea of guests, shimmying past most and excusing himself when he bumped shoulders with a particularly burly half-giant that didn't seem like the happy-go-lucky types of drunk. That damned music still echoed in his ears, and the only thing capable of drowning it out was the occasional bouts of cheering from the other end of the mansion. He couldn't imagine what kind of rubbish Grey might be on right now...

The crowd thankfully grew thin when he reached where most of the dining tables had been set up. Ignoring a stray comment from one group of people on his wearing of a polo and cargo shorts instead of some three-piece suit and cloak like a proper wizarding aristocrat, Andrew shuffled up to the table he was looking for. One look confirmed his suspicions.

"Oh no..." he groaned, probably getting Jacinto's attention. "No no no..."

Andrew slowly shook his head as he stepped up to the weird contraption that had been captivating the other boy for a time, and practically able to smell the alcohol from where he stood. He ran both hands through his hair, grabbing tufts of it between his fingers.

"They're gonna kill me..."
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:15 pm

Caitie
Glacies Estate

Caitie remained quiet as Raph ranted to you, her dull and bore expression never wavering. Once he was finished, Caitie brushed a few strands of silver-blonde hair out of her face, craned her neck slightly, and looked at the Muggle-born.

"What does this have to do with me?" she asked in her typical Received Pronunciation accent. "If this is all you wanted to discuss, there was no need to bring me all the way over here, M. Raymond . Unless there is something else?"

Caitie unfolded her arms starred at Raph with her piercing eyes.
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:14 pm

Ed Wilson

"Ooh, thank you good sir!" Ed said to Andes, barely managing to grab the miniature bottle by its neck from the other boy. However, he nearly dropped the whole thing a second later as the smell hit his nose, a reeking, sour odor that caused him to whip his head back in surprise and nearly drop everything in his hands at once. "Ugh, tha fook is in this, ya eejit?!" he shouted in surprise, the edges of his words already beginning to sharpen and lose their slur from the scent alone. "This'll definitely gimme a kick, drink is boggin..." he said, grimacing slightly as he peered down at the clear liquid. Was it just water? He had heard ice water was a good refresher...but water didn't smell like that. Perhaps Andorra had given him more alcohol by accident? That was a little disappointing, but he was already three or four or six drinks in by this point, one more couldn't hurt. How was he supposed to take this again, something about...shooting it? No, shot, he was supposed to drink it...like a shot. How did you drink a shot again?

Staring at the bottle perplexedly, he turned it this way and that, as if some magical clue would reveal itself to him. He was completely unperturbed by Anorexia muttering something over his shoulder, and even less so when the boy departed, leaving Ed still in place, staring at the clear liquid in the bottle and inhaling more of that mucky scent by the second. He turned around to ask his dealer how to drink the damn thing, only to find that the lad had disappeared entirely. He craned his neck slightly in an attempt to see over a few head-tops and find where Angelo had gotten off to, but the bugger had practically Apparated out of the building. Had he even been there in the first place? Had it just been a mirage, a dream? Was this bottle even real? Where had it come from? Was it a gift?

Only one way to find out. With one last breath in, Ed scrunched his eyes shut and cocked the bottle back, letting the drink quickly pour down his gullet. It stung and burned with surprising heat as it made contact with the inside of his throat, nearly causing him to gag, but he held it in, letting the entire thing slide right down into his stomach. For a long second, his eyes stayed closed, scrunched shut as the substance bubbled and foamed in his gut, his mind wrapping its way around the feeling of...nothing. Nothing, he felt nothing.

His eyes flew open at the realization, his face was already beginning to redden over. Sure, he had expected that it might just be more drinks, but still, the fact that Anders had tricked him? He thought he'd be able to deal with the disappointment, but now, he was just right hopping mad. Besides a slight tingling at the bottom of his stomach, he couldn't feel a single thing happening, he was still drunk. Drunk, and MAD DRUNK.

"This rat-faced bloke tricked me!" Ed growled, clenching the empty bottle hard enough to warrant some fear over a spontaneous glass explosion as he grit his teeth. "I want to pummel him...and I want a fork, dammit! WHERE CAN I FIND A FORK??!!"
yea bro idk

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:24 am

Raphael Raymond

Raph crossed his arms and looked darkly at Caitie. Guess now would be a very good time to just get right to the point. "What did you put Ricardo up to using me as a Guinea pig for his potion?" The muggleborn asked, "That potion, meant to help Ricardo with Jacinto, did something to my mind! You put him up to it! Why?"

Raphael gave Caitie a serious look. "Did you obliviate me to make me forget about Alexander Markus?"
Last edited by Triassica on Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Slava Ukraine!

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016

Postby Skylus » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:38 pm

Madi

Madi rolled her eyes and gave Ed a fork she had picked up from a nearby table. “Here. Enjoy your cheesecake.”

She then eyed Ricardo. “Your cousin? I think he’s watching over Rachel right now. Seems her and Caitie had some drinking competition and whatever she drank knocked her right out. I don’t know where Caitie is though...”
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:04 pm

Isolde

Isolde stood by David, still keeping Ed on the corner of her eye as she nodded at Andrew. “Sure thing…” She replied as the other vanished in between the people. He looked startled. Perhaps something happened to Rachel? She didn’t notice Ricardo walking by and talking to Madi, but she did notice Ed. Oh, she did.
“Shut up, Ed!” She urged him as Ed yelled and asked for a fork. At least it was obvious he had poured in the bezoar. “Nobody’s tricked you. Just eat the cheesecake. Smell it, then eat it.

"Thanks, Madi.” She added after the witch gave him a fork.
At least Ed would survive the night. She turned to David. “I don’t think Caitie needs an actual berserk in her house right now.” Isolde sighed. “Anyway, as I was saying. We need to win the Quidditch Cup this year. It would make another year of Headmaster Avery worthwhile.”

Ricardo

It was rather funny, actually, as Ed ranted about forks. At least it he wouldn’t remember it the next morning. He also recognized the vague sniff of bezoar.
“Alright. I will go and look for him… Don’t need him joining a drinking competition.” He jested as he replied Madi. Though he imagined a former Invunche would probably retain some of its own endurance. After all, he humiliated Ricardo in the climb, when Wenüy was born. “See you later.” He said before turning towards the crowd. But where was he actually? Damn boy!

Ricardo reached for the stairs and looked from some altitude over the forest of heads and glasses, and Henry who was still bouncing. How much could these people keep at it? He then noticed Andrew, and realized he was speeding straight towards a side room, where Jacinto seemed to eye an asleep Rachel.

Jacinto

He smiled smug and rested his back on the chair as his gaze was fixed on the apparatus.
“Oh no…” Somebody said. He turned to see the boy that had greeted them at the pier, still wearing a polo shirt in stark contrast with the rest of the attendees. “No no no.”
“Oh… She…” he realised he wasn’t being judged. “I think she drink a lot. But she will be alright.” Jacinto replied, pointing at the contraption. “But I wouldn’t get close to this. Need any help?”

“Help yourself back to the boat.” Ricardo walked towards the table, stepping besides Andrew and eyeing Rachel. “Sh’t. This seems worse than Ed back there.” Ricardo commented before looking at his cousin. “Didn’t you hear me?”
No hice na’a !” The boy protested in Spanish.
Nos vamo' apenas hable con Rafah…

They both exchanged frowns for a couple of seconds, then Jacinto stood up, stomping as he did.
“He is wid Catie… Don’t know where.” With that he left the table and walked outside.

Ricardo was left thinking for a second. Raphaël was probably confronting Caitie. That wouldn’t be exactly great. He turned to Andrew. “Need any help with her? I believe she just needs to sleep.”
Last edited by Arlye Austros on Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:32 pm

Caitie
Glacies Estate

Puer molestus est, Caitie thought as Raphael shouted at her. The blonde merely moved a bit of hair away from her face as the boy fumed in front of her, unfazed by his tone and accusations against her.

"I suggest you keep your temper in check, M. Raymond," Caitie said evenly and primly. "It is considered rude to shout at your host, in her own house, after all." The young woman paused for a few moments without saying another word before deciding to retort.

"You brought me here to ask about something Señor Salgado may have done? Pour quoi? Should you not be asking him, non?"
Last edited by Britanania on Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:25 pm

Raphael Raymond

Raphael crossed his arms and looked at Caitie in contempt, the young woman apparently avoiding to answer the question, before sighing with a shake of his head. "You're right." He replied apologetically, "It was rude of me to shout at you, being my host."

The muggleborn gave her a serious look again. "Regardless, Ricardo told me what happened." He went on more calmly, "He told me that you put him up to having me assist him in that project. It was around that time, I assume, that I have forgotten about Alexander Markus, as if everything that happened between him and I never happened to me, except they did."

"So I'll ask again..." Raph spoke, still calmly, "Did you mess with my memory? Or at the very least... can it be undone?"
Slava Ukraine!

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:54 pm

Andrew

The boy's gaze shifted from Rachel to the contraption Jacinto was fiddling with, which seemed to be the source of that strong odor of alcohol. The tinge of green and "off" smell was making him question the exact contents of what she and Caitie had been drinking. One thing's for sure, though - it was strong. Was it legal? Now that the thought occurred to him, did they even regulate that sort of stuff?

Andrew pursed his lips.

"Drank a lot? Oh, you think?" he said with a sarcastic but clearly not amused type of laugh. "You got any idea what--?"

Ricardo's entrance had interrupted him, but Andrew didn't pay him much mind. He seemed too busy wondering how in the name of Jesus, Mary and Joseph he was going to get out of this with his head still on his shoulders. Ed had taken his only sobriety potion. And if he brought Rachel home for her parents to see...this?

"...No. No no, I-- I should uhh..." he sort of absentmindedly responded to Ricardo's question. "...I should get her home. Before her dad comes home or... Yeah..."

He shuffled up to the snoring witch's chair. He took Rachel by her currently unbandaged arm, and slung it over his shoulder. "I'll take her to the portkey and-- Christ she's light," Andrew remarked with a hint of surprise as he helped her out of the seat. "No wonder that shit did her in!"

Andrew wasted little time making his way for the nearest exit door. "Some of the others are back near the foyer. You see them tell 'em we left. Catch you lot later."

Captain Lucas Ackerley
Hogwarts Castle - The Viaduct

The wind howled through the now-roofed gargantuan stone bridge between the school's entrance courtyard and the grounds. The lone auror strolled down its length in no hurry, his gloved hand sliding along the railing as he walked. This grandiose bridge had been crossed by countless souls in the past centuries - from the founders' first pupils to the armies of the Dark Lord. Even the auror journeying down this bridge could still remember the amazement he and his peers felt traveling it at the beginning of his tenure within Hogwarts' walls. He could almost hear their voices...

The closer he got to the castle, the more he could see of its renovations through the evening fog. It wasn't until he finally stepped into the entrance courtyard that the monolithic structure was laid bare for him to view.

He had seen the aftermath of the recent battles of the previous years, and the devastation brought upon the castle itself. And while each year the architects had seen the school physically restored to its former condition, they paled in comparison to what they had done on this occasion.

The castle was now a fortress - a citadel atop its mountain. The towers and walls that made up its sprawling upper floors, and even the rooftops of the awnings surrounding the viaduct entrance, were dotted with battlements and balconies decorated with stone gargoyles, some occasionally manned by a patrolling auror keeping watch on the horizon and the few wizard architects that remained outside to add finishing touches to the courtyard. A faint worry had resided within the Captain since he first heard wind of the school's renovation. It was a pleasant relief that, while retaining its imposing figure and bolstered defenses, the new castle looked nothing like a prison. Perhaps the snobs at Beauxbatons would finally get off their high horse...

But this was but Hogwarts' outward appearance. As he made his way to the grand double doors of the entrance hall, he took notice of the auror standing guard. He was stood at attention, arms folded behind his back as an officer, a tall figure in a red uniform, addressed him.

"Sergeant at Arms?"

The officer perked up. Looking to the visitor, his stern expression gave way to a smirk. "Ah, Captain Ackerley!" he said, bidding Lucas a quick salute. "Fancy seeing you here of all places tonight! You do know Lord Avery is hosting a rather extravagant gathering?"

"Oh, I'm well aware. I wished to see the castle for myself."

"With pleasure, sir!" he motioned to his subordinate, who promptly pulled open one of the doors to the Entrance Hall. The officer bowed his head, beckoning Lucas ahead. "After you."
Last edited by Miekzhemy on Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:12 pm

Ricardo

Had Ricardo thought about this possibility he would have brought his own tonic. Maybe next time. He nodded as Andrew departed carrying Rachel, who looked like a worn ragdoll. “Look after her. See you at school.”
A couple of seconds later he turned to Jacinto. “I suppose we shall go too.” He said in English this time. The boy frowned, a bit confused.
“It is still eerily.”
The made Ricardo chuckle a bit. “I think we need to mee…”

Something get into his mind. This was Caitie’s house, sure. But it was also Avery’s. Was it wise to speak so openly? He remembered the statues placed at every dormitory. He also didn’t think speaking in Spanish actually masked their chatting.
“Come… I will tell you later.”
Hice un Trafhue.
Me dí cuenta.

They both left the reading room, and headed outside, again on the road leading to the lake. Ricardo didn’t feel like telling everyone why Andrew left. He addressed his cousin again in English. While he didn’t intend on him assisting Hogwarts or anything, he imagined being used to the local language would be anything but useful to him.
“Don’t think the Trafhue will last, though. Considering who lives in this house. Any Adhknun will probably fade unless you, like, moved in. And that wouldn’t assure its survival either.” He said, but thought it was probably a bit too harsh. “Still. Setting one up in here is not an easy task.”

“You don’t have…” Jacinto said after a while, as they passed over some arranged stairs in the path. “… You don’t have to be so… How is it… Patronising. I hate saying it. You are not my father, also not my brother.”
There wasn’t poison in those words, but Ricardo imagined there very well might have been something hidden between lines. Was the Invunche curse so deep it still run in his cousin’s mind?
“I am sorry. You are right. But I am your teacher, for the time being. And I will protect you whether you like it or not… That reminds me.”
He looked up and whistled. There was a flapping of wings which approached the two boys as they halted their track towards the small lake. Then the bird came. It hadn’t terribly changed. The Alicanto was again small. “Let’s go. We have to meet somebody.”

On the way towards the pier Ricardo gazed on the bird as it perched on Jacinto’s shoulder, flapping its wings every few steps to keep balance. The situation of their group wasn’t exactly great. There were forty-six on the ship, most of them younger than him. Admittedly, Julius and the others could take care of the Lucerna while he was gone, and should he vanish they would provide leadership. But they needed safe haven, and he hoped to get them one. Along with those forty-six there were four Invunche. Poor souls still trapped. They were unable to break their minds free without a relative or friends. They called them “Orphaned orphans”, as they were the ones amongst their band who less in the world. If they had any hope, it laid back home, not in Europe.
And back home it was not a ball either. Some had remained behind. They promised to establish contact as soon as they could, but so far there was no word. They would keep to a guerrilla warfare, sticking to the shadow while the Province tore itself apart, striking quick and almost unnoticed to ensure its failure, that nobody would take hold of the legions of Kalku that still remained.

He also hoped the Clans in the north could help. The Trueba promised to make a front and try to control some territory. He didn’t like the idea too much, but it was for the best. They would be able to get their borders close and offer safe refuge to any runaway child still under the Province’s claws.

Lucero grew stronger now. She was able to excert some silence influence on Ricardo even from afar, and would soon be able to do much more. The five Sumpall who survived the battle of the Penas were also active, keeping guard of the waters around the ship, enhancing its defences.
Yet Ricardo still remembered the power he could have wielded for a minute. He held the command of the Lucerna and the Hammer itself. He would always find himself going back to the moment he stood in the mist, feeling helpless. He was probably the most powerful wizard on that part of the Continent. Had he realised, he would have been able to challenge the Province and sink the Caleuche with the Power of the Seas and the Power of the Land. Sometimes two pairs of eyes watched from the cover of the mist, their lidded pupils gleaming like embers, challenging him to use it and save her. But her mother smiled while she reached out to him. <<By the way… You did great at that dungeon. Fighting Williams… Your grandmother would be proud.>> She commended her son. She took the Apagyami, but not the Egg, not the Hammer. She just used some sort of magic he couldn’t still fully comprehend, and the golden jewel was damaged beyond use, and her body was broken.

“Rica…” Jacinto called him back, turning to look at him as they kept walking. “Did you hear me?” the boy frowned. He had probably disserted an entire exposition on something, sticking to that foreign language, and was only mad at Ricardo not paying any attention. But he then stopped and softened the gaze. “You were back there?”
He nodded but said nothing, just gestured for them to keep moving. The lake was near. “Maybe we can in time get the Lucerna on the Great Lake at Hogwarts. Keep it in hiding and close by.” He ventured.
“We could squish that Avery to pieces.” Jacinto joked. Ricardo nudged him on the shoulder to shut up, but also chuckled at the sole idea.
“Quite!”

Finally, the lake was before them. A man was waiting at the pier.
“You must be Haverbouch…” Ricardo said once they stepped on the wooden planks. “Jacinto told me you wanted to talk.” He then turned to his cousin.
Échale un ojo al lugar. Te acuerdas del Llëfkeñküf?
Jacinto nodded and quickly walked off, taking the Alicanto with himself. Ricardo raised a finger to halt any interjection.
“I want to make sure nobody is listening, at least for a while.” He warned the Auror.

Meanwhile, Jacinto went off sight, behind a bush. He had to remember things he would rather keep forgotten. When he was an Invunche the Kalkü who became his master used to power a charm and keep the meetings hidden from eavesdrop. There was a chant he needed to remember, the tune, the pace.
Drawing his wand, he stuck the red wood on the ground and began chanting.
There was a familiar feeling, as if his head was filled with the echo of distant conversations. It was overwhelming, but Jacinto soon blocked it off to a level that didn’t bother him too much. The Kalkü used him as the recipient of his spells, all the burden went to him rather than the dark Wizard, so he was trained with it, and he would lock the sound of the pier for some time. He lifted the wand, and an electric arc connected the tool with the ground, and chanted un unpleasant humming.

Back in the pier Ricardo say the flash. “It’s a version of the Muffliatto. Anything we speak will be unable to be registered outside. Even by magical means. It won’t last long, though. It’s foreign, and only a very advanced wizard would break through it once they realise what it is. My cousin will be able to hold it even a bit longer, since he is used to it. But I wouldn’t expect unlimited privacy.” He explained with a hint of sadness about his cousin having to endure the torture of the Silence Thunder again. “So, what is this about? I understand Derek’s got himself in trouble.”

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:26 pm

Caitie
Glacies Estate

Caitie did not relax her posture or stance as Raphael apologise to herl if anything, she remained on edge, alert, and her eyes narrowed slightly like a cat watching its prey, waiting for any tremor or disturbance before she pounced.

"I helped Ricardo with a problem he was facing in his native land, this is true," Caitie conceded evenly. "Whether he tested it on you or anyone else is irrelevant to me. His motives, I assume, were honourable enough if you're aware of the situation in South America, at least."

So what will our annoying boy say now?

"So no, I did not mess with your memory, and whether it can be undone, what does it matter? Perhaps forgetting is better."

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:14 pm

David Haverbouch, Senior Auror
Glacies Estate

Haverbouch nodded. “Derek left during the aftermath of the battle - didn’t even stay to have a healer look at him - and he began to work on the Glacies estate. Apparently the huntsman and stable master treated him too roughly because he went off on them one day... He knocked the huntsman out and took off. Avery sent Boarhounds after him, and he turned wolf and killed a few. They used illusionary magic to ‘set’ his family’s cottage on fire, which is what brought him back to the Glacies estate after he had crossed the river there. He was captured, I was brought in, and he was sentenced to spend the summer in isolation in a cell within the Department of Mysteries... He is still in this cell as far as I know, no human contact, just padded walls, floor, ceiling... Cell is self cleaning from what I’ve heard and he gets food and water every eight hours... He’s just lucky he wasn’t expelled....”
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:30 pm

Ricardo

At least what this man, this Haverbouch said, seemed to be concise with Jacinto’s tale. Ricardo had to admit he didn’t like his current position. Derek had saved his life back in the Potions Classroom, and if he had been treated badly by those he worked for it was also something he could relate to, as he still remembered his months working for that Herbarist… what was his name?

“I suppose he didn’t have a chance to defend himself. Any reasonable authority would deem Derek to have acted out of his personal circumstances…” He mentioned. His mind quickly returned to his own “trial”. He could have spoken in his own defense, but his mother later confirmed it would have been pointless. “Jacinto mentioned you were interested in our ship. What for, exactly?”

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:17 pm

Raphael Raymond

Raphael sighed, finding that Caitie was right that Ricardo was doing the right thing helping his kin. If only he told him about about the side effects of the experiment. Maybe then he wouldn't feel like he was tricked into something unpleasant.

Still, Raphael gave Caitie a look, not sure whether or not to believe the woman. He crossed his arms and stared at the Witch. "Because that's not how grieving is supposed to work. It's not to be interfered without consent." The muggleborn insisted, still calmly. "If it's not you who did it, then someone else had to have done it. Someone violated my mind, my memories, without my permission. How would you like it if someone messed with your head without your consent? Now I ask again, can this be undone? Can my memories be properly restored?"
Slava Ukraine!

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:24 pm

Caitie
Glacies Estate

The young woman still did not relax her posture or intensity as Raph replied to her denial of "messing with his memories" as her fellow Slytherin put it. Caitie remained quiet for a few moments, seemingly in thought, after the Muggle-born asked her if his memories could be restored.

"I doubt it," she said after a minute or so. "Assuming something like the Memory Charm was used, it could be difficult if not impossible to restore lost memories. Considering you aren't a complete invalid at St Mungo's, wif it was indeed the Memory Charm, the caster must have been expertly skilled."

And thorough, for that matter, she thought.

"That said," Caitie continued, "the only person with the skills and resources to do so is obvious." The quarter-Veela paused and blinked a few times as a wicked thought came into her mind.

"Avery."

Arlye Austros
Minister

Colab between Skylus and I.

Postby Arlye Austros » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:13 am

The Glacies Estate's Pier

Haverbouch looked around the pier. “You mentioned that this ship of yours was to be a school like Hogwarts, correct? Perhaps Derek would want to be on this ship instead of being inside the castle for his seventh year.”

Ricardo was thrown aback a bit at this and frowned. “That’s… unexpected. While I want to make it something like it, it is certainly not in position to even come close to Hogwarts.” He replied with some modesty and a faint smile. “I have been teaching to younger students, but basic things, and mostly to keep them busy rather than anything else. We are ourselves on the run.”
He was silent for a second or two before continuing. “What we could provide is safety, if needed. It wouldn’t be perfect, not as safe as Hogwarts. But given the case it could be a safe place for Derek to hide should the need arise.” He almost regretted saying that. “Provided it’s not illegal, that is.” He quickly glanced to the darkness behind the man, where his cousin was no doubt struggling with the isolation he provided. Then looked back at the man.
“I would say more, but I don’t think we have much more time. If you agree to keep it secret and hand me your wand in the meantime, I can take you there before Avery finds out something’s up.”

“Young man.” Haverbouch replied” I have been an Auror for the past fifty eight years.” Haverbouch smiled. “Here. You may have my wand for now, but do keep it safe, I’ve had it for a very long time you see.” The old Auror handed Ricardo his wand. The boy chuckled and nodded, then reached for it.
“Don’t worry.” He drew his own wand and stepped into the boat that was tied on the side of the pier. He leaned on the water and sank the tip of his wand on it. It made a yellow gleam that seemed to shoot down towards the darkness, then vanished. “Now, getting there might be… unpleasant. Not as graceful as apparating…” he said just as a set of lines emerged from the water which he caught. “But safer. Jacinto! Nos vamos!

There was a ruffle in between the bushes and the other boy emerged, sprinting through the pier. Ricardo handed him one of the lines, then one to the Auror. It was a rope made of damp human hair, a mixture of brown and cane hair that made a brittle-looking link to whatever was on the other side. “Tie it to your left wrist and step on the boat.”
There was a bronze flare as he said it. The bird seemed to burn as it dove into the lake and vanished entirely. Ricardo tied the line to his own wrist and then one to the forestem. He seemed to concentrate on something.

“...A rope made of human hair.... intriguing.” Haverbouch mumbled as he tied the rope around his left wrist, examining it closely before he stepped onto the small boat.
Once Jacinto said a word, signaling he had fastened to the line, Ricardo used a cutting curse to untie the boat to the pier, then held both wand and line at the prow. There was a pull, which forced the three of them to hold on to the boat as it was also pulled into the lake and away from the shore.

“Hold your air!” Jacinto said to the Auror. Then the stem was yanked through the surface, water pouring into the vessel and sinking it entirely in a matter of second. Then they were all forced down along with it. Above, the moonlight became dimmer and dimmer, deep down there was a constant bronze light, and it seemed to come from an opening at the sandy bottom of the lake. The muddy soil came towards them and swallowed all three and the boat.

It lasted a couple of seconds. The three passengers were suspended in fluid sediments, all of them blind and only aware of the line at their wrist. Then the wooden planks of the boat seemed to float upwards, and soon it pushed them outside of the sandy bed, towards the salty surface of the sea.
All three passengers gasped for air. The sand and water seemed to flow outside of the boat above the railings, and their clothes became dry by the moment as they dripped unnaturally fast. They were at open sea, the moon above. The hairy line untied from each one of them and joined the water and sand into the depths.
“We are still perfecting it.” Ricardo explained, checking on the old Auror. “I swear it works slightly different for each one each time.” His eyes looked into the night and finally seemed to rest on a target. He raised his wand and a purple light pierced the darkness. Then before him, on the port side, a purple light replied.
Before their eyes a series of candle lights flared up, giving sight to the barky hull of a dark-mossy galleon with four masts. A pale-blue light was dominant at the stem, and the sails were dark-blue, barely visible without the shine of the moon and the contrast of the stars. It sailed close to them, or perhaps the boat floated nearer, and Ricardo reached for a ladder that hung for them, offering it to the Auror.

“After you, sir. And welcome to the Lucerna.”
“This is fantastic, young man, I never would have imagined all of this, and such a large ship... the Lucerna.... A wonderful name.” Haverbouch climbed the ladder and ended up standing on the deck of the ship, looking up at the sails overhead.

The two boys followed the Auror up the ladder, where they were helped by a couple of young witches over the railings. Ricardo looked at them and said something in Spanish. The two girls giggled, then trailed off into one of the trapdoors leading to the guts of the ship. He then looked around and saw another young woman who watched from the quarterdeck’s railings, she nodded and Ricardo nodded back.

“It is not that large, well, not on the outside. She can grow, obviously, but today we prefer to stay with only four masts and a tiny silhouette. We also keep a close look on nearby Muggle ports when we look out for supplies. So far they haven’t noticed us.”
He then turned to Jacinto and told him in Spanish to go get some rest. The other rolled his eyes.
“I am already involved, isn’t I?”
But Ricardo insisted, disregarding the bad English. “Too much. You are as part of the crew as the girls. Now go.”
Jacinto left, vanishing at the same spot the two girls did a minute before. The deck was quite, only another two couple of eyes watched them from a distance.

“It is not the only one of its kind, certainly not the strongest. But she already survived her elder, so she can hold herself in battle.” He mentioned with some glimmer of pride in his eyes, which he quickly corrected. “But it doesn’t pose any threat to anyone in Europe, for sure. We aren’t willing to use her full power. Now… About Derek. I believe here, at least, it’s safe to talk.”
He pointed towards the quarter deck, and guided Haverbouch to the stern of the ship. He kept talking as they walked. “I have to wonder, why are you acting out of your way to help him? What is it in it for you?”

The man replied as they walked “I was good friends with his grandparents. I helped his father get into the Auror business. The least I can do is help Derek.”
He turned back to look at the Auror while climbing the stairs up over the Sterncastle. The lady was gone now. “What became of his parents? I heard something, but nothing too detailed.”
His face turned someber “They were captured and taken to the Ministry, where they were placed under the Imperius Curse. Now only serve the Ministry. His grandmother was as well but his grandfather was killed in the cottage. Well, more like executed.” Ricardo nodded in disapproval, but the Auror continued. “Their estate was taken over and sold to someone else.... What Derek has in his possession... is what his inheritance is.”
They reached the end of the Sterncastle deck, and Ricardo opened a slide door to the Navitagion Room. He was clearly into some deep thinking. Inside it was, pretty obviously, larger than on the outside, and there was an oval table laid in the centre with five chairs around. He waved his wand and couple of glasses appeared on the table, along with a bottle of wine.

“If you please.” He said signalling him to sit down, then poured some wine on the glasses and sat opposite to the Auror. “So understandably, his safety on the island is not the best he will get. He will be safe at Hogwarts, though. Any chance he can be released before the school year begins?”
“I do not know.” Daniel sat down and accepted the wine.
Ricardo sighed and frowned, leaving the glass half empty on the table. He was getting used to Spanish wine. Far too used to it. “If somehow his release could be secured I would be more than willing to harbour him. I owe him.” It was very quite outside, only the rocking of the waves made the wooden vessel breathe. “And should he need to get away from The Castle on breaks, like Christmas, we are already trying to set a river link with the Great Lake, so he could come here and rest. If what you describe is real he will not be in the best shape after his sentence is interrupted.”

He finished his glass. “This ship has a way of dealing with her crew. We all add to the personality that lives in it, and she talks back to us. Many of us saw things back home, things we would rather forget. When she was under other influences she spoke to the others these dark things, echoed them in a constant silent torture. Now it tries to comfort us even when we lost so much to escape. I am sure Derek would find such comfort as well.” Ricardo sighed again. “But I cannot, under any circumstance, risk the safety of these children, most of us are just that, and if anything could put us at odds with the Ministry I will avoid it like a Dementor on mating season. If you or anybody is planning on breaking the law and I am found supporting it I risk getting everybody here shipped back home, and that’s no less than a dead sentence.”

Ricardo seemed to ponder on saying something else, but decided not to delve too much on it. “To us and others.”

“Very well. I know the risks, Ricardo.” Haverbouch nodded back. Ricardo smiled at his own name.
"Then I suppose it’s set. If Derek can be released before the schoolyear you should send me an owl… Wait, that wouldn’t work." Ricardo stood up and walked around the Navigation room. He searched in a bookshelf, under another table with some charts of Scotland and by a black-wooded cabinet. Then he turned back towards the door and opened a box on a shelf by it. “Bingo! We can use this.” He showed Haverbouch a green branch, slightly curved but as long as his forearm. It had deep green lance-shaped leaves and a populated white flower with a yellow centre.

“Canelo. This one in particular is enchanted. It shouldn’t wither, and if burn at a chimney that is connected to the Floo Network within the shore of Scotland it will burn you back here. Though I must tell you, The Ship will know if more people are coming or if they are ill-intended. You could end up a charred corpse under the North Sea.” He handed him the branch, then opened the door. A slightly-brown face looked at him. The woman that had been watched as they arrived. She then stared at the Auror.
“I am sorry.” She said in flawless English. “I need the Captain soon. There’s been a disturbance.”
Bajo en un minute.

She nodded and stepped back, close to the railings outside. She extended her hand above the sea and brought it back with a string of pale hair that came from within the waves, then offered it to Haverbouch, expressionless. “I hope you help him out. Dark things live under the Ministry of Magic. We used to call it Council’s Cave. It was never a cheerful place to be in.”
Ricardo walked Haverbouch outside with Lucero and gave him his wand. “Either you send Derek here before the year begins or he talks to me there. Either way works. Good luck. And I would very much appreciate if this meeting never happened.”

“You have my word, Ricardo, this meeting never took place.” Haverbouch took back his wand and smiled.
Haverbouch reached for the string on the woman’s hand. She let it slide on his reach, and he tied it once more to his left wrist.

As soon as he was done there was a violent yank from the sea. The man was hurled overboard and into the cold sea, deeper and deeper into the crushing weight, until he was left suspended just above the sand, where he could feel some crabs crawling over his boots. Then the pressure let way to the light, and the Auror stood up, standing on a rocky surface bathed by waves.

“I think they call it Mouthmill Beach.” The woman was sitting on a rock, her feet dangling into the waves. “From here apparating should be easy. Exeter is south-east… Don’t try to let your superiors know our whereabouts. It can only end in disaster.” She warned, the stood up on the waves and dove fore, sinking out of sight.
The elderly Auror looked down at the water, then at the horizon, then nodded to no one in particular, and apparated away.

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:12 pm

Captain Lucas Ackerley
Hogwarts Castle - Entrance Hall

"And the Department of Education has approved the guard rotation, I take it?" Lucas had asked, accompanying the Sergeant out of the Auror Barracks that had been built off the Entrance Hall. The hall felt bigger than he recalled. Perhaps the architects expanded it to make room for future projects? He did happen to overhear a few words from some of the Lord Minister of Education's subordinates...

"Aye. Give and take a few details, the protocol's essentially the same as Azkaban had."

The two stopped on their way back to the double doors to the courtyard, allowing a small patrol of the uniformed men and women to march past. They were young - raw recruits, they seemed. Classes of '21 or '22, perhaps?

"If it serves its purpose..." Lucas grumbled.

"It will, sir," the auror reassured him. "The safety of students and staff are top priority. Plus it looks better on the Ministry as a whole. Have you heard the orders from the Confederation?"

"Do tell."

The red-uniformed officer cracked a smirk, and paused to look around for any prying eyes or ears. "The Board's sending someone to oversee things. A...representative, of sorts."

The veteran auror arched an eyebrow. He had expected the Highlord would object to anything he'd consider outside meddling...

"Allow me to reiterate that this is hearsay," The Sergeant continued. "Lord Avery will likely reveal further information in the coming weeks."

Lucas bid him a slow nod, before they headed for the exit.

"We shall see."

Andrew/Rachel
Manchester

With the sun already having gone down over the typical overcast skies of England, much of the muggles living in Manchester's suburbs had turned in for the day. The street lights illuminated empty roads and sidewalks. The portkey for one of these streets, a crumpled-up bag of Walkers crisps, lay next to a hedge wall out of sight. Suddenly, it crinkled.

With a soft crack and a pop, Andrew appeared standing over it, supporting Rachel via her arm slung over him. The uncomfortable, pressurized feeling of such magical travel, however, rendered her no longer out cold. She came to with a sudden gasp of air, nearly falling forward onto the sidewalk.

"Ho-- JESUS!" Andrew spat, almost going down with her. "Almost dropped you on the bloody pavement! You good?!"

A silence fell upon them, as Rachel stared down at the sidewalk for several seconds. Her hand went to her stomach. "...I'm gonna throw up--" Andrew's eyes went wide.

"What--?!"

"I-I'mgonnafffockin'--!" she lurched forward, her hand now over her mouth.

"Shit... Shit! Here, here!" Andrew rushed her along the sidewalk back to the hedge wall they had come from. Rachel had barely let him get them out of sight before she doubled over, coughing and hacking up whatever the bloody hell Caitie had given her to drink. Andrew took a step back, choosing to look away from the hellish, magical green liquid.

"What the fuck did you two drink?!"

"Ab... Absinth..."

Andrew slapped his own thighs, and hung his head for a moment. He eventually stood up straight, pointing...down the street for some reason. "I gave my only potion to Ed because he was off his trolley! You literally said you weren't gonna drink anything!"

"I though' I could--" she coughed again, reaching out to grab Andrew's shoulder to keep from losing her balance. "I d-didn' know it'd...I--"

"Are you mad?!" he hissed, still offhandedly trying to keep her from falling over. "You're like...forty kilo! Probably!" Andrew looked to the portkey on the ground, and then back to the empty street. He was starting to get worried someone would spot them. "C'mon...gotta hurry up! The house is right up ahead--"

The boy was silenced with what could easily have been his new boggart. He froze as the portkey behind them triggered with another crack, drowning out his last words and Rachel continuing to throw up what little remained of her dinner that night into some poor muggle's hedge. When he caught sight of who it was, his could practically feel his heart stop.

Lucas now stood towering over the two in his cloak and uniform, and he did not seem amused.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:01 pm

Hogwarts Castle

Early August 2023

The return to Hogwarts came a month earlier than normal, a fact that the return letter left intentionally vague--a point Caitie assumed as she got off of the station, her House Elf following with her luggage, would be addressed during the Great feast. The blonde looked up at the veneer of the castle and let out a slight sigh, reminded in equal measure that this would be her last year at what had been a sanctum, but also the knowledge that after she graduated her manor and grounds would be forever hers.

Only a few months and Aunt Cordelia will be sent packing, she thought as she made her way into the Castle. Last time she was here, what seemed like an eternity ago but the memories burned inside her mind, the largest battle since the Second Wizarding War was underway. All of the destruction was, magically, of course, restored, but as the young woman made her way into the Dungeons where she and so many defended against the hordes, she could see the evidence of that battle.

Aurors everywhere.

Extra security in the form of armoured Aurors patrolled the halls of the Castle and new states with piercing eyes gazed upon the students, a reminder of who really ruled here.

Avery...

After making sure her room was in proper order, Caitie dressed and made her way to the Great Hall for the feast.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:13 pm

Derek

The past day had been a blur. He had finally left that padded room - being out in the open air made his eyes hurt with how bright it was - He had been given new clothes (blue cotton shirt and blue jeans), but that was it. His wand had been snapped, for some reason they let him keep the Galleons he had had on him before he had been more or less imprisoned - 250. Derek had gotten a room at the Leaky Cauldron, then had gotten a new wand and various supplies the next morning.

His new wand was of Blackthorn wood, had a Dragon Heartstring core, and was ten inches long. Ollivander had called it “a good fit for one the likes of him”. And Derek wholeheartedly agreed.

Now, after taking the Express in, he was standing before the Great Hall, his new midnight blue robes wrapped tightly around him, Ferndal, his Kneazle kitten, was perched on a shoulder. He wondered if anyone would walk up to him and ask about his new appearance - his hair now went past his shoulders and he looked frail, his normally bright blue eyes were now a dark blue grey, his skin was somewhat paler, and of course he had that facial scar from dueling William.

Madi

Not much had happened since the party. Other than getting new supplies for the school year. Madi was seated at the Gryffindor table, waiting for Avery to show up and start speaking.
Last edited by Skylus on Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.

United Democratic Christian States
Minister

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:16 pm

David

He let out a sigh of relief when Isolde revealed how well Rachel had taken things. Rachel’s understanding should make forming a plan to counter Avery’s eavesdropping much easier. However that was a thought for another time.

“That’s great luv. Maybe we can figure out a way around Avery’s influence after all.” he said with a light chuckle before Isolde continued on with a discussion about Quidditch. Even mentioning her desire to become Captain. A title David hoped she would get, while he would never admit she was better than him at quidditch, he had no desire to deal with the responsibilities of being captain. However before he was able to reply he was interrupted by shenanigans from drunken Ed. However Isolde quickly reiterated her point and the conversation continued.

“It would indeed be amazing both to win the cup this year and have you as Captain. Nothing against Adam personally but he doesn’t always seem present in the situation. Honestly at this point I am thinking of trying out as a seeker and seeing if we can catch some more snitches this year. Would Captain Grenwald approve of that?” he said playfully.

Later at Hogwarts

He arrived at the rebuilt and remodeled fortress that just so happened to have a wizarding school in it too. The new security improvements were assuring to an extent but also very demoralizing. Avery would no doubt use last year's attack as an excuse to strengthen his Iron Grip. Reminiscent of the British wizarding world as a whole since the muggleborn supremacist uprising.

Everything David had endured over the last 6 years came back and felt surreal. Was his generation condemned to a suffering no other generation had to endure? In only half the time it felt like they had endured just as much suffering if not more than that caused by he who must not be named. Regardless, he had to be prepared to protect Isolde. He wouldn’t just be practicing quidditch in the forest this year like in years past. No he must push his limits on his dueling spells and defensive knowledge as a whole as well too.

Forget becoming an Auror for a government he had no sympathies for. His friends, family and ideals were far more important. And they needed him to step up if they were to survive the several threats that had already begun to attack them.
Call me Greg (my IRL name) or UDCS. Whichever works best for you.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "
-Acts 10:28

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:03 pm

Isolde

She had giggled. It was good to get grimmer things off her head.
But Isolde’s daydreaming of becoming captain was interrupted by a kick of reality. She managed to wake up on time the next day in Cardiff and make the deliveries on the noon edition. The next day it was a rush print, as some major political scandal blew up in the European Wizarding League after it was revealed the King of Spain was assassinated by the Spanish Aurors. The Spanish Minister of Magic stepped down before hiding somewhere in the Pyrenees, and the entire League was in an uproar. Isolde considered it also got the scope off Grey’s government.
That made her think of her mother. No doubt she would be all over this. But what was she really getting herself into? Would she be mad at her not investigating the Estate as she asked her? Could she blame Isolde on refusing to do it?

Three days later a bit of distraction allowed her off those thoughts. Cynodon stopped her as she was leaving for the early delivery.
“So, I have been thinking about what you asked about. Many of our subscribers have suspended their subscriptions for the remainder of their vacations, so starting tomorrow you will have as much spare time as you can hope for. If you are willing to go through it, there is a bit of a gnome shortage reported in the last few months. I managed to get myself a tip from the R.C.M.C. Somehow the registered Gnomes have been vanishing throughout Britain. Mostly Scotland, but also Wales and Conrwall. If you promise to keep the deliveries on track I will give you the story.”

Her own story? That was exciting. Isolde didn’t even think about it being over Gnomes. She would kiss Cynodon right there even if he was a Gnome. Well, she did only hug him. “Thank you! Thank you, thank you! I will get right into it. Any advice?”

“Yes.” He said gently pushing her off his face. “Don’t miss the deliveries. And I suppose trying not to give up my source to the R.C.M.C. It’s not illegal, but some people may frown, so just say you are a concerned citizen or something. I will give you an Apprentice License. So you can start tomorrow.”
So the next day, still examining the card that identified her as an Apprentice Journalist for the Rhedwyr Clynog with the little picture in which she awkwardly smiled and balanced from side to side under the dancing red and purple dragons that identified the press, Isolde set out to do her delivery, which she finished in little over two hours, just before sunrise. From there she headed to the first gnome site in which a decrease in numbers was reported and spoke to a local wizard farmer who confirmed that the Gnome season was more idle than ever.

“A good thing it is! They are of no use.”
“None at all?”
“Nah. Only an idiot like that Lovegood would give them some value. He is actually pretty obsessed about it.” The man, who reminded her of a worn-down Hagrid, replied. He was one of the Clynog’s subscribers. “But if you are interested, you will find the burrows over there. Only a few remain, but be careful, they have grown more aggressive, you know?”

She was sitting in the same spot she and David shared weeks before. Amelia seemed… different. Has she slept at all. Isolde smiled as she walked to her mother in the tavern. Her eyes had incipient bags forming about them and her wrinkles seemed deeper now.
“I am so glad to see you.” She greeted her. Apparently Amelia had already ordered some breakfast, as Isolde could see the waitress moving towards their table with some coffee. Amelia had a dress she would wear to the Ministry, keeping to her court formality. She also had a copy of the Clynog on the table.

“Me too. I hear the Ministry has been a Grindylow den the last days with that Spanish affair.” Isolde joked. Her mother rolled her eyes.
“Don’t mention it. I had to head to Brussels the moment it happened. Then Madrid, then Lisbon. The last days have been an endless trip…” The woman sipped he coffee. Then looked back at Isolde. “I hear you have been travelling too. Congratulations on your article. I finished reading it on the way here.”

It was more of a column than a full-fledged article. Cynodon was aware to keep his pupil’s expectations low. Isolde, however, was just as proud. She had travelled through Northern Wales, Western Scotland and into Ireland. While she couldn’t confirm an actual reason for the sudden drop on Gnomish activity, she discarded Jarveys, as they were well off their feeding zenith which was at winter proper, plus several de-gnome dens had no trace of a single Jarvey, who were usually pretty messy. She also pointed out at some officers within the R.C.M.C. who failed to notice the drop, which may be even a blessing to farmers and landowners, but could signal a major ecological disaster. She also spoke to Xenophilus Lovegood, who seemed extremely concerned as well. He offered some insight on the properties of gnome saliva and suggested somebody could be harvesting it illegally. But Isolde couldn’t find a proper reason for that, so she simply used Lovegood’s tips on finding gnomes, while keeping his actual name hidden from her Editor.

“It was fun. It felt longer than it turned out to be in paper, but it was a nice thing to begin with. I have been thinking this might be my Gwaith.” The waitress came in with some plates filled with eggs, blood sausages, bacon, tomatoes and laverbread. Isolde ate up. “Now I can relax a bit until the term starts. Deliveries are not too intense.”
Amelia frowned. “Are you going to renew your school equipment? I recall you complained about some old cauldrons in Fourth Year.”
“I changed them that same year, mom.” She chuckled. “No. I had everything ordered. It will be delivered here on Sunday.”
Amelia whistled jokingly. “Fancy woman this one is. And who might have paid for that?”
“Shut it. I have a small wage, and the things I need aren’t too loaded. Well… Except that one by Bagshot. Decline of Pagan Magic… I wonder who gets the royalties. She’s been dead for years, hasn’t she?”
Amelia was serious. “I believe it goes to a charity now. If I am not mistaken most of it goes to St. Mungo.”

They spoke about more trivial things. There were many times Isolde wanted to ask about her intentions regarding Derek. But in the end she gave her a space she seemed to want, as her mother didn’t ask about the party.

“Maybe I will start a school newspaper. You know we could use one. Of course, I don’t hope to get Avery’s blessing on it.”
“I don’t think you need it… You could just owl it to every student every now and then. It could be classified as personal letters.” Her mother replied, cracking a smile Isolde imagined what her imagining Avery’s face at more insubordination.

“Would you do it?”
“A newspaper?” She seemed off guard with the question.
“Lay down your head. Not protest and let things just happen. I was always well-behaved and all. But lately I feel… I can’t really explain. Powerless… And at the same time, I urge to act.”
Amelia looked at her for a moment, not giving an answer. Then she sighed and looked through the window. “Your father was more like that. But I chose a profession that glorifies itself as one for those who thirst for justice. We lose that spark early on. But I can still remember it. The thrill. The feeling that no matter the result, you ought to do it. Do what you feel is right.” Her eyes turned to her daughter. “All that goes away when you have to take care of somebody. Or at least it takes another way. Another form.”

Breakfast was soon over, Amelia announced she would go to the Ministry. “London hungers. I must feed him.” She joked. “I may have some news for you soon. How about we meet again at King’s Cross before the term?”
“Sure. What do you know of Avery and Hogwarts?”
Her mother’s face changed. She was focused on putting on her raincoat to head towards the chimney. “Hogwart’s changed, alright. You will see it. At least its not… Nevermind me. I am just speaking out loud.”

His name was Joseph Ermens. An Auror. Or at least attached Auror. And an American. The man shook Isolde’s hand as they sat on a café outside the Muggle station.
“Glad to meet you. Your mother talks about you all day. It’s quite annoying, to be honest.”
The man was about her age. Slightly younger than Isolde’s father would have been. The way she looked at him was a hint of what Amelia wanted to say but couldn’t. “Pleased to meet you. I don’t recall seeing you back then, at Hogwarts.”
“It was a big affair. I got stabbed, though. With a pen.”

They laughed. “Joe will be staying at our home. He was attached to Northern Wales, and I need somebody to look after the house as I am expected to be at London most of the time for the coming months.” Amelia explained. “He will be paying a rent, of course. But its all in good trust.”
“That’s good. Do you have any experience with gnomes?”
The man smiled. “I hear you do. We didn’t have those back home. Only ceramic ones. But if I see one I will stun.”
Amelia corrected him. “Don’t get her started. Gnomes are immune to that.” He smiled gently.

It made her spine shiver. Isolde’s eyes rose to meet the imposing figure of the castle that seemed to lean over the incoming students. She imagined the First Years’ first sight of the castle from the lake. From the stone bridge it was as something impossible to overtake. <<Perhaps that’s the intention.>>

But her memory returned to the instances in which the castle was attacked. It was always from the inside. Her wonders followed her until the entrance to the Great Hall. Aurors everywhere. They looked young, she thought. But no doubt they would be deadly. Would they enforce discipline as well? She was still a prefect, and she reminded herself she still bore the badge of office.

“Enough chatter. Come on!” She urged a group of Third Year Hufflepuffs to go into the Great Hall. She noticed Caitie walking in as well and entered by her side.
“This is something, isn’t it?” She said as they walked. “What does he have in store for us this year?”

Ricardo

More arrivals. None was Derek. No news from that Haverbouch, and the year would start soon. At least one of those arrivals brought good news.

“Do you think this is why he was disturbed the other night? When that Auror came?” The captain stood at the Heart, looking at the scene break out. The dim blue glow of the walls and ceiling as the filtered moonlight came through the boreholes over the tree was, he thought, the only remnant of that dark origin Lucero had been hiding. She would never really run away. But at least now she was free of what it meant to the mirror of a soul she had. The girl at her side watched expressionless, pale. Vaguely transparent.
“No. It was your Auror. Invunche are sensitive, in a way.”
The Invunche in question had been named Bastian. And it looked through the branches that formed a sort of cage to contain the monster. From within it looked at one of those arrivals. An older boy called Lucas. They were brothers. The newcomer was just staring at the deformed and frankly terrifying version of his brother. The other stared blankly into the void behind.
“Please tell me you can help him!” Lucas turned to them. Ricardo nodded.
“Now we can. You can.”

He had come with eight others, and two adults who swiftly vanished, heading back home. They said the Province crumbled, but delayed in its demise. They would oversee it through and save as many as they could. “But first you have to get ready.”

Ricardo stared out into the night. The Orkney had a beautiful sky at that time of year. The green lights in the north were crowned with a blue one above. The Aurora Borealis. He had never seen anything like it.
“We have them back home.” Antonia must have read his mind. Was she Legilimens like his mother and Caitie? The girl sat against the mast, rocking at the waves of the North Sea that made it into the sound they hid, off one of the northern Orkneys. “Much south, though.” She was slightly drunk. Ricardo chuckled at this realisation. They were celebrating another liberation. Days after his arrival Lucas had managed to break free his brother. Ricardo was informed he would recover completely, and Lucero assured him that both boys would be alright. So they celebrated. He walked to her and laid on the floor, his head on her knees.

“It’s spooky. As if somebody watched. I imagine the Fueguinos were all paranoid.”
“They are…” She laughed a bit and began toying with his hair. The cut over her eye had left a scar that interrupted one of the eyebrows. “What?”
“Nothing… I am just going to miss you. That’s all.”
“We can write each other, right? Or you could come and leave that place.” She said with a smile. But he knew she wasn’t entirely joking about it. He sat up by her side.
“I told you I have to go. I just feel I must. Besides. If this ship is going to b-”
Antonia stopped him. “Damnit, I know! You haven’t spoken about anything else for days now. Listen. Go. I am not mad at it. A bit frustrated, but I understand.”
She did? He didn’t want to jinx it. She must have noticed. Was she Legilimens? Ricardo could only wonder as she kissed him.

She was still there with him. Ricardo got off the train checking once more that part of his mind that Lucero could echo through. She was still there, but fainter, dimmer.
<<We will try to set up a link. I will let you know.>>
<<Keep them safe.>> He replied. The ship was still under his control, but for practical matters it was Catalina and Fabian who took over the day-to-day operations. Julius was… not willing to do it. He didn’t know what got into him, but he said he didn’t care. Ricardo even noticed he had been making plans to leave. He didn’t want to confront him about it before leaving, and he was old enough to make a call for himself. But it saddened him that one of the Navigation Club, as they called their inner circle, was not willing to keep on it.

He would be safe, at least. Well, relatively speaking. Hogwarts was changed, for sure. He had imagined placing the Lucerna in the great Lake, its cannons bearing down on anyone willing to harm the castle. But now he realised Avery would certainly have his own artillery able to strike back at him. The castle was defended and those defences manned by Aurors. He walked past the bridge and looked at the towers. Then looked around for a while, and after long searching through the crowd he understood why it took so long.

Derek was… changed too. The only reason he spotted him was the fact he was wearing different to the school uniform. Ricardo hesitated, then walked up to him.

“I hoped to see you sooner, Derek.” He said standing by his side. The Kneazle looked at him and Ricardo felt like sneezing. “ZZSSSHHH…. Agh! That’s new!” He pinched his nose to calm the irritation. “You alright? I heard you had it rough.”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse