NATION

PASSWORD

STAR WARS: THE NEW JEDI ORDER

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Silverblade
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silverblade » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:31 pm

---------
Last edited by Silverblade on Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:50 pm

Silverblade wrote:hey can use the force but it is manifested in "Sight" with only limited abilities such as precognition and telepathy.

The source is the Novel "Thrawn: Alliances."

But we don't have to exact when it comes to canon lore.

Go for it, as long as it’s not overpowered.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:50 pm

Silverblade wrote:
Endem wrote:You're wrong on this one, Chiss as any other species can be force sensitive albeit it was less common among them, however, in Chiss society force sensitivity was seen as an impurity, thus force sensitive Chiss ussually tried to hide this, when such ability was revealed ussually a high standing Chiss would be offered force sensitivity supressing drugs and low standing Chiss would exiled from their society, and Chiss who actively used the force in the Ascendancy would be executed

Source: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Chiss/ ... _the_Force

However, unless we are using new canon then it's unknown whetever the Chiss can or cannot use the force, however, due to the nature of the force it should be assumed they can unless it is stated in any work that Chiss cannot be force sensitive

Dentalis original post mentioned were using the New canon where Chiss are unable to get Force Powers.

I wasn’t aware their had been a change from legends

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:53 pm

Silverblade wrote:
Endem wrote:You're wrong on this one, Chiss as any other species can be force sensitive albeit it was less common among them, however, in Chiss society force sensitivity was seen as an impurity, thus force sensitive Chiss ussually tried to hide this, when such ability was revealed ussually a high standing Chiss would be offered force sensitivity supressing drugs and low standing Chiss would exiled from their society, and Chiss who actively used the force in the Ascendancy would be executed

Source: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Chiss/ ... _the_Force

However, unless we are using new canon then it's unknown whetever the Chiss can or cannot use the force, however, due to the nature of the force it should be assumed they can unless it is stated in any work that Chiss cannot be force sensitive

Dentalis original post mentioned were using the New canon where Chiss are unable to get Force Powers.

While they can have force sensitivity, I also need to admit my defeat in this field as in the new canon Chiss loose force sensitivity as they grow up ( except one documented case ) and due to this I second the notion of Dentali changing his character's species
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:55 pm

Dentali wrote:
Silverblade wrote:

It's new canon, new canon is weird, new canon is dumb, let's just go along with it ( along the fact that Chiss apparently have young girls trained to be navigators of the Unkown Regions, and they are referred to with a Chiss world translating to "sky-walker" real original there Disney )
Last edited by Endem on Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:09 pm

Dentali wrote:
Tayner wrote:Wait is that an actual character?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Quinlan_Vos

That was a coincidence, I normally name background characters after characters I’ve previously made. I changed the name so it should be good now.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Silverblade
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silverblade » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:11 pm

--------
Last edited by Silverblade on Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:26 pm

Endem wrote:
Dentali wrote:

It's new canon, new canon is weird, new canon is dumb, let's just go along with it ( along the fact that Chiss apparently have young girls trained to be navigators of the Unkown Regions, and they are referred to with a Chiss world translating to "sky-walker" real original there Disney )

I’ll change the species to human then

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:32 pm

Name: Yang Kang
Species: Human

Appearance:

Equipment: Green lightsaber

Personality: Yang has a stoic charisma in him that allows him to impress others and appear almost divine, without needing to make emotional connection with others or being a great speaker. He is obsessed with his goal of bringing order to the Galaxy. Does not drink nor does he indulges in passions and pleasures, being emotionless most of the time. Rarely trusts others.
Strengths: Single-minded obsession with his goal. Extremely charismatic. Knowledge of battlefield tactics. Extremely loyal and overtly disciplined military force. Psychological warfare.
Weaknesses: Only average force/lightsaber user (with exception of mind control). Overconfident. Zealous. Mid-sized (on the low end) Naval Force only.
Goals: Bring order to a divided Galaxy by conquering or destroying all opposition and restoring some form of centralized authority.
Fears: The Sith. Losing power.

Background:

Yang Kang was born on Dantooine to a family of farmers. At a young age, his affinity to the force was recognized and he was taken in the Jedi Academy under Jedi Master Kaen Ma Eon. He traveled frequently with his Master to worlds ravaged by conflict. Yang Kang came to view the Jedi unwillingness to step in and impose order and peace on a chaotic Galaxy as a sign of irresponsibility. What was the point of having such grand powers if they were not willing to aid those suffering?

Upon becoming a Jedi Knight, Yang experienced a vision in the Force showing him that the Sith had emerged again. With this disturbing vision on his mind, he journeyed to the Outer Rim, reaching the Anoat Sector in search for that mysterious Sith. His starship was attacked by an unknown vessel which Yang felt that it was being piloted by that Sith warrior he had seen in his vision. His ship was almost destroyed and he crash landed on one of the landing platforms on Bespin.

His injuries were severe but he was saved by the men of Jack Keizon, a Warlord ruling over Bespin, one of the many who emerged with the fragmentation of the Galactic Republic. In exchange for this act of generosity, Yang agreed to serve Jack. Not that he had much of choice as, upon learning that he was a Jedi, Jack had presented him pretty much with an ultimatum. His training as a Jedi made Yang the most fearsome enforcer of Jack and he rose through the ranks quickly, gaining the loyalty of many of Jack's officers.

One day, Yang felt that the time had come. Jack died of a sudden heart attack. It looked natural enough and his will named Yang his successor. An attempt by lieutenant Marlo to challenge him for control of the planet ended rather quickly with Yang massacring him and his supporters. Yang wasn't satisfied with being merely a brutish warlord on a remote planet. Nor was he willing to return back to the Jedi Order; he had gone too far to be accepted back and had lost his faith in them even before he had entered that sector of space.

Yang decided that it was his duty to bring order to the Galaxy. He would do so by creating a strong, centralized regime that would gradually conquer more and more planets. "Order, Peace and Prosperity!" was his slogan. Yang took the title of Supreme Leader and his regime was renamed as the Dominion. The superior officers of Jack were now given grand titles, such as Lord and Prince, and formed a royal court with strict protocol and courtly manners.

Yang was no longer a Jedi, but rather a Divine Being to his followers. His powers did not come from the Force, but because he was a living God. At least that was the official propaganda of the regime. The formerly undisciplined military force of Jack, under Yang was drilled constantly and had discipline and undying loyalty instilled into them. His propaganda machine convinced them that they were not fighting for a warlord or king, but for their God. And to fight and die for a God was the highest virtue one could aspire to. The Dominion's military has thus come to be known as the Holy Order.

Yang's forces captured Burnin Konn, a mining colony for chromium and other ores, and Hoth. Both of those planets were sparsely populated and thus easily conquerable. Military and civilian bases were constructed in both of those planets, signifying that they now belonged to the Dominion. The rest of the planets of the Anoat Sector, most of them poor and sparsely populated, surrendered to Dominion control. The Dominion relied on propaganda and diplomacy as much as on military power to conquer those planets. It used exaggerated tales of brutality and Dominion invincibility to convince some and promises of glory and riches to convince others. Yang's diplomatic corp and intelligence service are already spreading rumors and tales of the Dominion's strength to neighboring systems, in an act of psychological warfare.

Yang now hopes to conquer other, more rich and urbanized worlds. And to bring order to the Galaxy...

Dominion Military Suits:

Lieutenants:

Soldiers:

Skills:

Knowledge of military strategy,
Charisma,
Mind control,
Force Lightening,
Average skill in lightsaber combat

RP Example:

I haven't played in many character RPs. Here is a post from one character RP I've been: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=36624886#p36624886

And a link from a political RP I've been: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=36610103#p36610103

DO NOT REMOVE: NJO2.0
Last edited by Sao Nova Europa on Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Silverblade
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silverblade » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:39 pm

--------
Last edited by Silverblade on Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:58 pm

Rival warlords, eh? Interesting...
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them
-George Mason
I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.
-George Mason

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:01 pm

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:Rival warlords, eh? Interesting...

I predict it will be fun. Maybe we will go to war, maybe we could reach some understanding or even alliance...
Last edited by Sao Nova Europa on Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature:

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:16 pm

Silverblade wrote:So I'm thinking of an ex-Jedi Master whos now an imperial Warlord (but his Force powers and time in the order are unknown to his men and the Order) OR a Jedi master who believes the Jedi should be a core part in forming a New Galactic Republic OR a Gangster Smuggler who is forming the star wars version of the Mafia. I don't know what to choose might do multiple.

I would advise a jedi master as the RP has a shortage of them

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:35 pm

To add some flavor to my app, I added two images of military suits of the Dominion military. If they do not fit the tone/lore/cannon of the RP, I can remove them.
Last edited by Sao Nova Europa on Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:15 pm

Do we have any more information on the list of factions in the Galaxy?
Stuff. Just stuff.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:25 pm

The Great Swedish Empire wrote:Do we have any more information on the list of factions in the Galaxy?

Except for Jedi Order, and the Sith, everything can be made by rpers themselves

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:35 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:
I predict it will be fun. Maybe we will go to war, maybe we could reach some understanding or even alliance...

I’m open to any of those at the moment!
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
-George Mason
-George Mason

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007

Postby Brusia » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:54 pm

Name: Martius Shan

Appearance:

Equipment: Nu-class Attack Shuttle Liberator, armor (as seen in image) and a vented lightsaber with a blue blade

Personality: An honorable man and devoted adherent to the core tenets of the Jedi Code, those who come to know him will find that Martius is a devoted and loyal companion.
Strengths: Exceptionally talented duelist, strategist, and tactician, strong familial connection to the Force, well educated, good pilot
Weaknesses: Lacks skill in most non-combat related force powers, knows nothing about the last 160 or so years of galactic events, as a result of the loss of his Master and many of his friends, Martius can come off as somewhat cold and reserved at first as he fears making new friends only to lose them.
Goals: Initially, to find and meet with the Jedi Order
Fears: Failure, losing friends, falling to the Dark Side

Background:
Born into a family with a long history of a strong connection to the Force going back countless generations, it was no surprise when Martius was discovered to be Force Sensitive. He was brought to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant while still an infant, and was raised by the Order. Like many younglings he trained under Master Yoda for much of his youth, until completing his Initiate Trials at the age of 10 and becoming a Padawan. A natural with a lightsaber, he caught the eye of the Echani Jedi Master Meetra Fenni, who would go on to select him as her apprentice. Eager to impress his new Master, Martius was extremely diligent in his training with Master Fenni, and learned a great deal in a short amount of time. Meetra was impressed enough by Martius' performance that she even began to train him in the Echani martial arts in addition to his Jedi studies.

After learning the basics of the lightsaber forms, Martius decided to focus his studies on Form V Djem So, which he studied with his master and further supplemented with the Echani techniques she taught him, and Form III Soresu, which he learned from the Jedi Battlemaster Cin Drallig alongside a number of other Padawans. When not studying on Coruscant, Martius accompanied his Master on a variety of adventures (and the occasional misadventure) ranging from mediating negotiations to battling pirates in the Outer Rim. While studying for his Trials he also became very interested in Galactic History, particularly when he learned that an ancestor of his named Satele had once been none other than the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. History continued to be a major point of interest for him, even after successfully completing his Trials and becoming a Jedi Knight, to the point that he even once considered becoming a full-fledged Jedi Historian.

The ever growing troubles with the Trade Federation and the increasingly popular separatist movement would, unfortunately, keep him too busy to do so however, and while he still studied as much as he could while in transit or during a rare break, much of the next few years would be spent in skirmishes and (typically unsuccessful) negotiations with the groups. Things would soon come to a head when Martius received a message from his former Master requesting that he join her and her Padawan in a Jedi Strike Team that was being assembled to rescue two Jedi and a Senator who were being held captive on the planet Geonosis. Sadly, though Martius and Meetra both had seen more than their fair share of combat by this point, the small engagements they were accustomed to simply could not prepare them for the scale of combat they would face on that dust-covered world. Though Martius would survive the battle, thanks in large part to ARC Commander Maverick, the clone who would later become his XO, his Master was not so fortunate. In the wake of Meetra's death, Martius began devoting every waking moment to honoring her memory and sacrifice by doing everything in his power to preserve the Republic and the Jedi Order by winning the war they were now faced with, and putting an end to the Separatist uprising once and for all.

The death of Meetra also left her Padawan, Arven Visz, without a Master. Feeling he owed it to his Master to finish the young woman's training, Martius requested to be made Arven's new master and the Council gladly agreed. As the Clone Wars officially began, Martius was made a Jedi General and given command of the 53rd Legion, and new Padawan at his side, he set off to combat the Separatists. His devotion to the cause and desire to find justice for his Master would serve him well over the next two years as he led the 53rd in battles all over the Galaxy: from the crystalline skyscrapers of Christophsis, to the shadow world of Umbara, the dense jungles of Felucia, and most everything in between. Martius, Maverick and the 53rd all fought valiantly in each engagement they found themselves thrust into, and the Jedi General received numerous commendations for his actions in the war.

About a year into the war however, Martius became quite worried about Arven; though she was a good student and progressing well in her training, he noticed a great anger gradually building inside her as she combated the Separatists. No doubt this was due to the death of Meetra, a pain he understood only too well, but as her anger continued to grow unchecked he worried it might draw her towards the dark side. As his methods of emotional control didn't seem to do much to help Arven, he contacted Master Windu to ask if he could help teach his Padawan to better control the darkness growing inside her. After meeting with Arven, Windu agreed to help, and took her under his wing for several months to help train her.

Martius meanwhile was assigned to retake the planet Garos IV in the Mid Rim, and proceeded at once to the world with his Legion. The fighting was brutal, and though Martius was badly injured by Separatist artillery he refused to leave the planet and continued leading his troops from the frontlines. After giving an inspiring speech, Martius personally lead a final push into the enemy's command center, driving the last of the Separatist forces off the world. For his actions on Garos IV, Martius was awarded the Cross of Glory and given a brief leave to recover from his injuries.

Once he'd healed up he was reunited with his Padawan, who thanks to Master Windu's training had managed to get her anger under control. Having successfully accomplished that task, Windu informed her he believed she was ready for her Trials and Martius happily agreed. With her experience in the war, Arven easily passed her Trials after which Martius proudly prepared her for her Knighting Ceremony. A short time later, the High Council informed Martius that, for successfully training a Padawan to Knighthood and his tireless service to the Republic, they were bestowing the title of Jedi Master upon him and promoting him to the rank of Senior Jedi General. Thanks to his extensive study of history, he was also offered a seat on the Council of First Knowledge which he gladly accepted, allowing him access to the Holocron Chamber and Holocron Vault.

Martius studied the incredible knowledge made available to him whenever he could, and took a particular interest in the histories of the ancient conflicts that had been recorded by Master Gnost-Dural. Utilizing the knowledge gained from his studies, Martius adopted new tactics, often preferring surgical strikes and diversionary feint attacks to conventional tactics, which helped lead his Sector Army to numerous victories in the Outer Rim Sieges with minimal casualties.

Everything would soon change for the Jedi however, when he and Maverick were ambushed by a Separatist frigate while en route to Coruscant, where Martius was scheduled to meet with the Jedi Council for a situation report and briefing on his next objective. Though Martius was able to maneuver out of the way of the worst of the enemy fire, his shuttle's shields were still badly damaged, resulting in a failure of the vessel's relativistic shielding that went unnoticed as Martius made an emergency hyperspace jump out of the system and to the pre-set coordinates of Coruscant. A few hours later the Jedi and Clone Officer would find themselves in orbit of the ecumenopolis, but though the relativistic shield failure didn't interfere with where they arrived, it did interfere with when...

Skills: Coming from a family with a long history of a strong connection to the Force, Martius has a good deal of potential to develop a strong connection himself, though he currently has done little to tap into that potential; having studied under an Echani Master who had him focus primarily on perfecting his chosen lightsaber forms of Djem So and Soresu. As such, he is highly skilled in abilities such as Force Strength and Speed, Force Jump, Telekinesis, Tutaminis, and Precognition, though his general skill in most non-combat related Force abilities (such as Force Heal, Force Cloak, Beast Control, etc.) is comparatively lacking. As a Shan, Martius also has an innate talent for Battle Meditation, though it's an ability he has yet to discover (at least consciously). This focus on lightsaber combat has helped to make Martius a formidable duelist however, and combined with his extensive experience fighting in the Clone Wars, he is quite deadly with the elegant weapon from his more civilized age. Additionally, Martius is an exceptionally talented strategist and tactician, a good pilot, well-educated, and well-versed in Galactic history.

RP Example: Jedi Academy

Name: CC-1776 "Maverick"
Age: 179 (Biological age: 18, though appears older due to accelerated clone aging)
Species: Mandalorian Clone

Appearance:

Equipment: Phase II Clone ARC armor, jetpack (not always worn), macrobinoculars, breathmask survival gear (not always worn), DC-15LE blaster rifle, 2x DC-17 handblasters, thermal detonators, and EMP grenades

Personality: Born and bred solely for the purpose of making war, Maverick is a soldier through and through. While more independent than many of his brothers, Maverick is still every bit as dedicated, loyal, and honorable, and is a great asset to whatever force in which he serves.
Strengths: Exceptionally trained and experienced combatant
Weaknesses: The last of his kind, and also knows nothing of the last 160 years of galactic events.
Goals: To protect his General
Fears: Martius' death, failing objectives

Background:
Like all Clones, CC-1776 was born on Kamino and cloned from Jango Fett's DNA. Like other Clone Commanders, he had been bred to be more autonomous and intelligent than standard clones, but CC-1776's autonomy ended up being considerably greater than most of the other commanders, and he ended up with an independent streak that earned him the nickname "Maverick." Maverick initially received poor ratings during his basic training due to his difficulty working well with others and his outright refusal on several occasions to follow orders he deemed to be "stupid." Still, his exceptional combat and tactical prowess managed to get him through basic by the skin of his teeth, and when he began his Clone Commander training, he truly excelled. Where many Commanders lost men in simulations while holing up and waiting for orders when presented with a tactical opportunity to outflank the enemy, Maverick's natural independent streak allowed him to press the advantage as soon as it presented itself, regardless of orders. While this might've made him a lousy trooper, it made him an excellent leader, and he passed his Commander training with top marks; leading to his being selected for additional training as an ARC Commander.

He completed his ARC training just in time for the Clone Wars to kick off, and he was selected to be among those in the first wave deployed to Geonosis. His first taste of combat was in the planet's arena, where he destroyed over a dozen droids and helped to extract a Jedi Knight by the name of Martius Shan. Once out of the arena, Maverick and the rest of his regiment landed on the main battlefield, and were placed under Shan's command. Though a formidable combatant, Martius had no prior experience fighting an all-out war, and just instinctively ordered the regiment to launch a frontal assault against the droid forces. Maverick immediately pointed out what a terrible idea that was, and after bringing up a map of the battlefield, pointed out a natural trench along the enemy's left flank which would both provide excellent cover and allow them to outflank the droid forces. Martius wisely listened to Maverick's suggestion, and led the regiment through the trench, where the narrow space further gave him an excellent advantage against the battle droids stationed there.

Once they'd reached a good position, the regiment laid down covering fire for the clone troopers advancing against the droid army, which now found itself caught in a crossfire. The droids were soon ordered into a full retreat, and as they fell back, Martius, Maverick, and the rest of the regiment left the trench to aid the rest of the clone forces which were pushing forward to gun them down. As the battle neared it's end however, a B2 super battle droid managed to get a lucky shot off which hit Maverick directly in the gut. The clone collapsed to the ground in pain, but when the B2 moved in for the kill, Martius jumped directly in front of Maverick and deflected its blaster fire away long enough for him to close in and slice the droid in half. Using his Force heal ability, Martius was able to stabilize Maverick's injury, then carried the clone back across the battlefield to a Medevac transport.

The battle was won, and in the aftermath Martius was given the rank of Jedi General, and placed in command of the 53rd Legion for his actions on the planet, and he quickly chose the now recovered Maverick as his executive officer. The clone had earned the Jedi's trust, and the Jedi had earned the clone's unwavering loyalty. In what little downtime he had, Martius read every text and studied every holocron he could find on the subject of military tactics and strategies, and drilled constantly with Maverick, Arven, and the rest of the 53rd to be as prepared as possible for whatever battles may come. That preparation paid off, and along with the infinitely more valuable lessons that firsthand experience on battlefields throughout the galaxy taught, the two became excellent and well regarded commanders.

After Martius was made a Jedi Master and promoted to Senior Jedi General, the Jedi kept Maverick on as his XO, and thanks to his ARC training the Clone had no difficulty keeping up with Martius as the Jedi began to more frequently use ARC troopers and Clone Commandos in surgical strikes against the Separatists during the Outer Rim Sieges. During this time, Maverick also attended a briefing with a number of other Clone officers during which he met with an old friend from his ARC training days: Captain Rex of the 501st. While talking with Rex, Maverick learned of the inhibitor chips installed in all Clone troopers that Fives had discovered before his death. Maverick was outraged at the news, and with his independent streak as strong as ever, he joined Rex, Wolffe, and Gregor in having his chip removed.

A short time later, Maverick accompanied Martius to Coruscant for their briefing; Martius had hoped a quiet trip would give them some time to discuss new strategies and possible training regimen alterations for the troops as well, but as fate would have it, the trip would turn out to be anything but quiet, and a relativistic shield failure would result in them arriving at their destination a little later than expected...

Skills: Elite ARC and Clone Commander training, talented tactician, excellent shot, demolitions expert, decent pilot

Last edited by Brusia on Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:43 pm

Brusia wrote:-snip-

Those are some interesting characters, I must say. Will they be coming out of hyperspace right at the start of the RP or before?
- Thomas Jefferson
- Thomas Jefferson
-Mark Twain
- Benjamin Franklin
-George Mason
-George Mason

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:28 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote: Name: Yang Kang

Appearance:

([url=https://i.postimg.cc/XvYmR1PX/Yang-Kang.png]Image)[/url]

Equipment: Green lightsaber

Personality: Yang has a stoic charisma in him that allows him to impress others and appear almost divine, without needing to make emotional connection with others or being a great speaker. He is obsessed with his goal of bringing order to the Galaxy. Does not drink nor does he indulges in passions and pleasures, being emotionless most of the time. Rarely trusts others.
Strengths: Single-minded obsession with his goal. Extremely charismatic. Knowledge of battlefield tactics. Extremely loyal and overtly disciplined military force. Psychological warfare.
Weaknesses: Only average force/lightsaber user (with exception of mind control). Overconfident. Zealous. Mid-sized (on the low end) Naval Force only.
Goals: Bring order to a divided Galaxy by conquering or destroying all opposition and restoring some form of centralized authority.
Fears: The Sith. Losing power.

Background:

Yang Kang was born on Dantooine to a family of farmers. At a young age, his affinity to the force was recognized and he was taken in the Jedi Academy under Jedi Master Kaen Ma Eon. He traveled frequently with his Master to worlds ravaged by conflict. Yang Kang came to view the Jedi unwillingness to step in and impose order and peace on a chaotic Galaxy as a sign of irresponsibility. What was the point of having such grand powers if they were not willing to aid those suffering?

Upon becoming a Jedi Knight, Yang experienced a vision in the Force showing him that the Sith had emerged again. With this disturbing vision on his mind, he journeyed to the Outer Rim, reaching the Anoat Sector in search for that mysterious Sith. His starship was attacked by an unknown vessel which Yang felt that it was being piloted by that Sith warrior he had seen in his vision. His ship was almost destroyed and he crash landed on one of the landing platforms on Bespin.

His injuries were severe but he was saved by the men of Jack Keizon, a Warlord ruling over Bespin, one of the many who emerged with the fragmentation of the Galactic Republic. In exchange for this act of generosity, Yang agreed to serve Jack. Not that he had much of choice as, upon learning that he was a Jedi, Jack had presented him pretty much with an ultimatum. His training as a Jedi made Yang the most fearsome enforcer of Jack and he rose through the ranks quickly, gaining the loyalty of many of Jack's officers.

One day, Yang felt that the time had come. Jack died of a sudden heart attack. It looked natural enough and his will named Yang his successor. An attempt by lieutenant Marlo to challenge him for control of the planet ended rather quickly with Yang massacring him and his supporters. Yang wasn't satisfied with being merely a brutish warlord on a remote planet. Nor was he willing to return back to the Jedi Order; he had gone too far to be accepted back and had lost his faith in them even before he had entered that sector of space.

Yang decided that it was his duty to bring order to the Galaxy. He would do so by creating a strong, centralized regime that would gradually conquer more and more planets. "Order, Peace and Prosperity!" was his slogan. Yang took the title of Supreme Leader and his regime was renamed as the Dominion. The superior officers of Jack were now given grand titles, such as Lord and Prince, and formed a royal court with strict protocol and courtly manners.

Yang was no longer a Jedi, but rather a Divine Being to his followers. His powers did not come from the Force, but because he was a living God. At least that was the official propaganda of the regime. The formerly undisciplined military force of Jack, under Yang was drilled constantly and had discipline and undying loyalty instilled into them. His propaganda machine convinced them that they were not fighting for a warlord or king, but for their God. And to fight and die for a God was the highest virtue one could aspire to. The Dominion's military has thus come to be known as the Holy Order.

Yang's forces captured Burnin Konn, a mining colony for chromium and other ores, and Hoth. Both of those planets were sparsely populated and thus easily conquerable. Military and civilian bases were constructed in both of those planets, signifying that they now belonged to the Dominion. The rest of the planets of the Anoat Sector, most of them poor and sparsely populated, surrendered to Dominion control. The Dominion relied on propaganda and diplomacy as much as on military power to conquer those planets. It used exaggerated tales of brutality and Dominion invincibility to convince some and promises of glory and riches to convince others. Yang's diplomatic corp and intelligence service are already spreading rumors and tales of the Dominion's strength to neighboring systems, in an act of psychological warfare.

Yang now hopes to conquer other, more rich and urbanized worlds. And to bring order to the Galaxy...

Dominion Military Suits:

Lieutenants:

Soldiers:

Skills:

Knowledge of military strategy,
Charisma,
Mind control,
Force Lightening,
Average skill in lightsaber combat

RP Example:

I haven't played in many character RPs. Here is a post from one character RP I've been: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=36624886#p36624886

And a link from a political RP I've been: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=36610103#p36610103

DO NOT REMOVE: NJO2.0

I would say he is a bit young to be so accomplished but ACCEPTED

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:28 pm

Endem wrote:
Silverblade wrote:So I'm thinking of an ex-Jedi Master whos now an imperial Warlord (but his Force powers and time in the order are unknown to his men and the Order) OR a Jedi master who believes the Jedi should be a core part in forming a New Galactic Republic OR a Gangster Smuggler who is forming the star wars version of the Mafia. I don't know what to choose might do multiple.

I would advise a jedi master as the RP has a shortage of them

please do

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:30 pm

Brusia wrote:Name: Martius Shan

Appearance:

Equipment: Nu-class Attack Shuttle Liberator, armor (as seen in image) and a vented lightsaber with a blue blade

Personality: An honorable man and devoted adherent to the core tenets of the Jedi Code, those who come to know him will find that Martius is a devoted and loyal companion.
Strengths: Exceptionally talented duelist, strategist, and tactician, strong familial connection to the Force, well educated, good pilot
Weaknesses: Lacks skill in most non-combat related force powers, knows nothing about the last 160 or so years of galactic events
Goals: Initially, to find and meet with the Jedi Order
Fears: Failure, losing friends, falling to the Dark Side

Background:
Born into a family with a long history of a strong connection to the Force going back countless generations, it was no surprise when Martius was discovered to be Force Sensitive. He was brought to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant while still an infant, and was raised by the Order. Like many younglings he trained under Master Yoda for much of his youth, until completing his Initiate Trials at the age of 10 and becoming a Padawan. A natural with a lightsaber, he caught the eye of the Echani Jedi Master Meetra Fenni, who would go on to select him as her apprentice. Eager to impress his new Master, Martius was extremely diligent in his training with Master Fenni, and learned a great deal in a short amount of time. Meetra was impressed enough by Martius' performance that she even began to train him in the Echani martial arts in addition to his Jedi studies.

After learning the basics of the lightsaber forms, Martius decided to focus his studies on Form V Djem So, which he studied with his master and further supplemented with the Echani techniques she taught him, and Form III Soresu, which he learned from the Jedi Battlemaster Cin Drallig alongside a number of other Padawans. When not studying on Coruscant, Martius accompanied his Master on a variety of adventures (and the occasional misadventure) ranging from mediating negotiations to battling pirates in the Outer Rim. While studying for his Trials he also became very interested in Galactic History, particularly when he learned that an ancestor of his named Satele had once been none other than the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. History continued to be a major point of interest for him, even after successfully completing his Trials and becoming a Jedi Knight, to the point that he even once considered becoming a full-fledged Jedi Historian.

The ever growing troubles with the Trade Federation and the increasingly popular separatist movement would, unfortunately, keep him too busy to do so however, and while he still studied as much as he could while in transit or during a rare break, much of the next few years would be spent in skirmishes and (typically unsuccessful) negotiations with the groups. Things would soon come to a head when Martius received a message from his former Master requesting that he join her and her Padawan in a Jedi Strike Team that was being assembled to rescue two Jedi and a Senator who were being held captive on the planet Geonosis. Sadly, though Martius and Meetra both had seen more than their fair share of combat by this point, the small engagements they were accustomed to simply could not prepare them for the scale of combat they would face on that dust-covered world. Though Martius would survive the battle, thanks in large part to ARC Commander Maverick, the clone who would later become his XO, his Master was not so fortunate. In the wake of Meetra's death, Martius began devoting every waking moment to honoring her memory and sacrifice by doing everything in his power to preserve the Republic and the Jedi Order by winning the war they were now faced with, and putting an end to the Separatist uprising once and for all.

The death of Meetra also left her Padawan, Arven Visz, without a Master. Feeling he owed it to his Master to finish the young woman's training, Martius requested to be made Arven's new master and the Council gladly agreed. As the Clone Wars officially began, Martius was made a Jedi General and given command of the 53rd Legion, and new Padawan at his side, he set off to combat the Separatists. His devotion to the cause and desire to find justice for his Master would serve him well over the next two years as he led the 53rd in battles all over the Galaxy: from the crystalline skyscrapers of Christophsis, to the shadow world of Umbara, the dense jungles of Felucia, and most everything in between. Martius, Maverick and the 53rd all fought valiantly in each engagement they found themselves thrust into, and the Jedi General received numerous commendations for his actions in the war.

About a year into the war however, Martius became quite worried about Arven; though she was a good student and progressing well in her training, he noticed a great anger gradually building inside her as she combated the Separatists. No doubt this was due to the death of Meetra, a pain he understood only too well, but as her anger continued to grow unchecked he worried it might draw her towards the dark side. As his methods of emotional control didn't seem to do much to help Arven, he contacted Master Windu to ask if he could help teach his Padawan to better control the darkness growing inside her. After meeting with Arven, Windu agreed to help, and took her under his wing for several months to help train her.

Martius meanwhile was assigned to retake the planet Garos IV in the Mid Rim, and proceeded at once to the world with his Legion. The fighting was brutal, and though Martius was badly injured by Separatist artillery he refused to leave the planet and continued leading his troops from the frontlines. After giving an inspiring speech, Martius personally lead a final push into the enemy's command center, driving the last of the Separatist forces off the world. For his actions on Garos IV, Martius was awarded the Cross of Glory and given a brief leave to recover from his injuries.

Once he'd healed up he was reunited with his Padawan, who thanks to Master Windu's training had managed to get her anger under control. Having successfully accomplished that task, Windu informed her he believed she was ready for her Trials and Martius happily agreed. With her experience in the war, Arven easily passed her Trials after which Martius proudly prepared her for her Knighting Ceremony. A short time later, the High Council informed Martius that, for successfully training a Padawan to Knighthood and his tireless service to the Republic, they were bestowing the title of Jedi Master upon him and promoting him to the rank of Senior Jedi General. Thanks to his extensive study of history, he was also offered a seat on the Council of First Knowledge which he gladly accepted, allowing him access to the Holocron Chamber and Holocron Vault.

Martius studied the incredible knowledge made available to him whenever he could, and took a particular interest in the histories of the ancient conflicts that had been recorded by Master Gnost-Dural. Utilizing the knowledge gained from his studies, Martius adopted new tactics, often preferring surgical strikes and diversionary feint attacks to conventional tactics, which helped lead his Sector Army to numerous victories in the Outer Rim Sieges with minimal casualties.

Everything would soon change for the Jedi however, when he and Maverick were ambushed by a Separatist frigate while en route to Coruscant, where Martius was scheduled to meet with the Jedi Council for a situation report and briefing on his next objective. Though Martius was able to maneuver out of the way of the worst of the enemy fire, his shuttle's shields were still badly damaged, resulting in a failure of the vessel's relativistic shielding that went unnoticed as Martius made an emergency hyperspace jump out of the system and to the pre-set coordinates of Coruscant. A few hours later the Jedi and Clone Officer would find themselves in orbit of the ecumenopolis, but though the relativistic shield failure didn't interfere with where they arrived, it did interfere with when...

Skills: Coming from a family with a long history of a strong connection to the Force, Martius has a good deal of potential to develop a strong connection himself, though he currently has done little to tap into that potential; having studied under an Echani Master who had him focus primarily on perfecting his chosen lightsaber forms of Djem So and Soresu. As such, he is highly skilled in abilities such as Force Strength and Speed, Force Jump, Telekinesis, Tutaminis, and Precognition, though his general skill in most non-combat related Force abilities (such as Force Heal, Force Cloak, Beast Control, etc.) is comparatively lacking. As a Shan, Martius also has an innate talent for Battle Meditation, though it's an ability he has yet to discover (at least consciously). This focus on lightsaber combat has helped to make Martius a formidable duelist however, and combined with his extensive experience fighting in the Clone Wars, he is quite deadly with the elegant weapon from his more civilized age. Additionally, Martius is an exceptionally talented strategist and tactician, a good pilot, well-educated, and well-versed in Galactic history.

Name: CC-1776 "Maverick"
Age: 179 (Biological age: 18, though appears older due to accelerated clone aging)
Species: Mandalorian Clone

Appearance:

Equipment: Phase II Clone ARC armor, jetpack (not always worn), macrobinoculars, breathmask survival gear (not always worn), DC-15LE blaster rifle, 2x DC-17 handblasters, thermal detonators, and EMP grenades

Personality: Born and bred solely for the purpose of making war, Maverick is a soldier through and through. While more independent than many of his brothers, Maverick is still every bit as dedicated, loyal, and honorable, and is a great asset to whatever force in which he serves.
Strengths: Exceptionally trained and experienced combatant
Weaknesses: The last of his kind, and also knows nothing of the last 160 years of galactic events.
Goals: To protect his General
Fears: Martius' death, failing objectives

Background:
Like all Clones, CC-1776 was born on Kamino and cloned from Jango Fett's DNA. Like other Clone Commanders, he had been bred to be more autonomous and intelligent than standard clones, but CC-1776's autonomy ended up being considerably greater than most of the other commanders, and he ended up with an independent streak that earned him the nickname "Maverick." Maverick initially received poor ratings during his basic training due to his difficulty working well with others and his outright refusal on several occasions to follow orders he deemed to be "stupid." Still, his exceptional combat and tactical prowess managed to get him through basic by the skin of his teeth, and when he began his Clone Commander training, he truly excelled. Where many Commanders lost men in simulations while holing up and waiting for orders when presented with a tactical opportunity to outflank the enemy, Maverick's natural independent streak allowed him to press the advantage as soon as it presented itself, regardless of orders. While this might've made him a lousy trooper, it made him an excellent leader, and he passed his Commander training with top marks; leading to his being selected for additional training as an ARC Commander.

He completed his ARC training just in time for the Clone Wars to kick off, and he was selected to be among those in the first wave deployed to Geonosis. His first taste of combat was in the planet's arena, where he destroyed over a dozen droids and helped to extract a Jedi Knight by the name of Martius Shan. Once out of the arena, Maverick and the rest of his regiment landed on the main battlefield, and were placed under Shan's command. Though a formidable combatant, Martius had no prior experience fighting an all-out war, and just instinctively ordered the regiment to launch a frontal assault against the droid forces. Maverick immediately pointed out what a terrible idea that was, and after bringing up a map of the battlefield, pointed out a natural trench along the enemy's left flank which would both provide excellent cover and allow them to outflank the droid forces. Martius wisely listened to Maverick's suggestion, and led the regiment through the trench, where the narrow space further gave him an excellent advantage against the battle droids stationed there.

Once they'd reached a good position, the regiment laid down covering fire for the clone troopers advancing against the droid army, which now found itself caught in a crossfire. The droids were soon ordered into a full retreat, and as they fell back, Martius, Maverick, and the rest of the regiment left the trench to aid the rest of the clone forces which were pushing forward to gun them down. As the battle neared it's end however, a B2 super battle droid managed to get a lucky shot off which hit Maverick directly in the gut. The clone collapsed to the ground in pain, but when the B2 moved in for the kill, Martius jumped directly in front of Maverick and deflected its blaster fire away long enough for him to close in and slice the droid in half. Using his Force heal ability, Martius was able to stabilize Maverick's injury, then carried the clone back across the battlefield to a Medevac transport.

The battle was won, and in the aftermath Martius was given the rank of Jedi General, and placed in command of the 53rd Legion for his actions on the planet, and he quickly chose the now recovered Maverick as his executive officer. The clone had earned the Jedi's trust, and the Jedi had earned the clone's unwavering loyalty. In what little downtime he had, Martius read every text and studied every holocron he could find on the subject of military tactics and strategies, and drilled constantly with Maverick, Arven, and the rest of the 53rd to be as prepared as possible for whatever battles may come. That preparation paid off, and along with the infinitely more valuable lessons that firsthand experience on battlefields throughout the galaxy taught, the two became excellent and well regarded commanders.

After Martius was made a Jedi Master and promoted to Senior Jedi General, the Jedi kept Maverick on as his XO, and thanks to his ARC training the Clone had no difficulty keeping up with Martius as the Jedi began to more frequently use ARC troopers and Clone Commandos in surgical strikes against the Separatists during the Outer Rim Sieges. During this time, Maverick also attended a briefing with a number of other Clone officers during which he met with an old friend from his ARC training days: Captain Rex of the 501st. While talking with Rex, Maverick learned of the inhibitor chips installed in all Clone troopers that Fives had discovered before his death. Maverick was outraged at the news, and with his independent streak as strong as ever, he joined Rex, Wolffe, and Gregor in having his chip removed.

A short time later, Maverick accompanied Martius to Coruscant for their briefing; Martius had hoped a quiet trip would give them some time to discuss new strategies and possible training regimen alterations for the troops as well, but as fate would have it, the trip would turn out to be anything but quiet, and a relativistic shield failure would result in them arriving at their destination a little later than expected...

Skills: Elite ARC and Clone Commander training, talented tactician, excellent shot, demolitions expert, decent pilot

Give me another weakness for your jedi and youre accepted

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:57 pm

I plan to app for a Lord of the Sith, though I assume all lord's are loyal to Veneris right (of course, to the extent you could expect any Sith to be "loyal")?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:03 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:I plan to app for a Lord of the Sith, though I assume all lord's are loyal to Veneris right (of course, to the extent you could expect any Sith to be "loyal")?

Their are no independent Sith, all under Veneris... but yea they are as loyal as a sith can be

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007

Postby Brusia » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:21 pm

Dentali wrote:Give me another weakness for your jedi and youre accepted

Added an additional weakness to the app

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse