NATION

PASSWORD

AKA [OOC | Superhero | Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Riria
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Riria » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:09 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:
Riria wrote:
Argus Metahuman File

Name: Silvester Vorstein
Alias: The Ostrich

This is a good app, but just be aware that we do already have someone who can turn invisible, along with another very stealthy character. I'm not going to deny the app, just know that it will be redundant.

I think my guy's power has unique enough upsides and downsides relative to the other guy to not be redundant, but if you wish, I can resubmit, absolutely :).
https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=35.3&d=64.4&g=75.4&s=76.5
NS stats used, except population is 20 mil.
Freedom is the second greatest value. The first is whatever works best.

"All I know is that I know nothing." - beta Socratic mindset
"I will stay true to my beliefs to the bitter end." - beta Conservative mindset
"I WILL draw conclusions given the data available, but I am willing to update my beliefs when provided new information." - chad Bayesian mindset

The most prevalent cognitive bias of our times is the Golden Mean Fallacy.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can convince me that I deserved it.

Pro-environmentalism is perfectly and even necessarily compatible with libertarianism.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:11 am

Riria wrote:
This is a good app, but just be aware that we do already have someone who can turn invisible, along with another very stealthy character. I'm not going to deny the app, just know that it will be redundant.

I think my guy's power has unique enough upsides and downsides relative to the other guy to not be redundant, but if you wish, I can resubmit, absolutely :).

Alright, then, just wanted you to be aware. I'll accept

Riria
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Riria » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:23 am

Great, thanks. In fact, now that I think about it, the combination of Ostrich's unique upsides (doesn't show up even on passive surveillance, can completely turn off his power when desirable, isn't dependent on environmental conditions to use his power) and Quandary's unique upsides (can dodge heat scanners, can actually use her eyes all the time, can use long range communication two-way) would allow them to cover for each other's blind spots in, say, a tag-team operation.
Last edited by Riria on Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=35.3&d=64.4&g=75.4&s=76.5
NS stats used, except population is 20 mil.
Freedom is the second greatest value. The first is whatever works best.

"All I know is that I know nothing." - beta Socratic mindset
"I will stay true to my beliefs to the bitter end." - beta Conservative mindset
"I WILL draw conclusions given the data available, but I am willing to update my beliefs when provided new information." - chad Bayesian mindset

The most prevalent cognitive bias of our times is the Golden Mean Fallacy.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can convince me that I deserved it.

Pro-environmentalism is perfectly and even necessarily compatible with libertarianism.

Carravere
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Carravere » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:42 am

Argus Metahuman File

Name: Genevieve Beaulieu (Vieve for short)
Alias: Torene Ryder (Rene for short), or the Muralist
About 5'9", thin but muscular. Dark brown hair, waist length, although she often dyes it, so at any given time it may be blue, pink, or any other color. Silver or grey eyes, with just a hint of blue. Long fingers and small feet. Light skin, but often tan because of the sun. She has a birthmark on her left ankle that looks somewhat like a star, and a tattoo on her right shoulder of a feather pen.

Powers: Vieve can create illusions, she can make people see, hear, smell, or feel things that aren't real.

Drawbacks & Limitations: It takes an incredible amount of energy for Vieve to create her illusions, so she cant create too many of them, cant create super intricate ones, cant trick many people at once, and cant make them when she's tired.

Weaknesses: Vieve will rarely open up to people, being so used to illusions, so people rarely trust her.

Equipment and weapons: Genevieve always Carrie's with her a few knives, just in case her powers fail, and wears super stretchy clothing, in case she needs to run or climb.

BACKGROUND

Nationality: French
Hometown: Marseille

Personality: She doesn't really socialize, and when she does, she always seems to say the wrong things. She really would like to talk to people, it's just hard for her. She can be somewhat rebellious, but she follows orders well and puts lots of effort into everything she does. She's intelligent, and is quick to judge people who aren't, but would never tell you. If she had friends, she set would probably try to learn all their secrets, so that she could blackmail them if need be.

Bio: Genevieve grew up in France, but she traveled a lot, and never understood what the appeal was to a big city like Paris, other than to blend in. Her family was decently well off, her father being a British journalist and her mother a French teacher. She wanted to be either a painter or a writer, but when she discovered her powers, she ran away from home. She didnt get very far, and realized she missed her parents, so she went back, but from then on she always knew she wanted something different, something her parents would never understand. She went to a school for young women in England at age 16, and it was there she learned how to dance, play piano, and gymnastics, as well as basic core subjects and manners. She gave up on her dream of being an artist, and never painted again.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Fears/Phobias: She doesn't really have any technical phobias, but she's always been afraid of small, childish things, like the dark and spiders.
Skills: Fluent in both French and English, and knows just a bit of Latin. Very talented gymnast and dancer, as well as a pianist. Knows some self defense, enough to get by, but mainly just uses her powers. Very good at staying silent, she would make an excellent spy. She is also very good at disguising her appearance, using makeup and hair dye, as well as simple mannerisms and ways of speech and dialect.
Theme:
Last edited by Carravere on Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sadakoyama
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sadakoyama » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:55 am

Riria wrote:Great, thanks. In fact, now that I think about it, the combination of Ostrich's unique upsides (doesn't show up even on passive surveillance, can completely turn off his power when desirable, isn't dependent on environmental conditions to use his power) and Quandary's unique upsides (can dodge heat scanners, can actually use her eyes all the time, can use long range communication two-way) would allow them to cover for each other's blind spots in, say, a tag-team operation.

I agree. Welcome aboard!
Sadakoyama - Foul-mouthed mad scientists create a University in a disease-ridden jungle of death!
We're not Communist and we love noodles.

Stardust Crusdaers
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Stardust Crusdaers » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:39 pm

Argus Metahuman File

Name: Nelson Hernandez/Yakedo Kaisei
Alias: Evangelion
As in Neon Genesis Evangelion

Powers:
Reality Manipulation
As a metahuman, he possesses the ability to create multiple realities at will.

Pyrokinesis
Yakedo's Quirk allows him to control and manipulate fire. He can manipulate the temperature and volume of any flame, regardless of how strong or where they come from.

Fire Fist
Yakedo manipulates his flames to create a shroud of flames over one or both of his fists. Using this technique, Yakedo enhances the power of his blows, allowing him to use his flames in close-quarters combat. Similarly, Yakedo can also use this technique on his legs, elbows, or knees, enhancing the strength of those body parts as well.

Drawbacks & Limitations: N/A

Weaknesses: N/A

Equipment and weapons:
Elysian Spectre
A Taken Pulse Rifle that resembles the Hard Light, the Elysian Spectre serves as his main weapon and has bullets, each of which paralyzes enemies at unspeakable speed.
Thorn
The notorious weapon that killed his brother and the Overtakers, Thorn serves as the Weapon of Sorrow and his go-to weapon.

BACKGROUND

Nationality: Cuban/Vietnamese American
Hometown: Tokyo-X

Personality: Ruthless and powerful

Bio:
Four years ago, when the Anti-Monitor Crisis struck his Earth, his brother had allied with Maleficent and the Overtakers and was on the verge of destroying his Earth, but Nelson killed them in order to save his family. At the same time, it also led him to become Evangelion, a powerful metahuman who can control realities. He has recruited many versions of heroes and villains, including Kazuto Kirigaya, Asuna Yuuki, Ruby Hale, Totomaru, Eobard Thawne, Malcolm Merlyn, Damien Darhk, Tobias Whale, Samantha "Sam" Arias/Reign, Leopold Fitz, Anton Ivanov, Hiram Lodge, Morgana, Zevon, Fikrul, Uldren Sov, Djin, Sasuke Uchiha, Phoenixaro Uchihamaki, Mal, Ryuko Matoi, and Mar Novu, in order that he can prevent another Crisis from destroying the multiverse. But to do so, he would need help from the champions who helped stop the Anti-Monitor.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Fears/Phobias: N/A
Skills:
Genius-Level Intellect
Being the brightest and smartest of all the other families, Yakedo has the ability to track down multiple enemies at will and overwhelm them down before they begin attacking.

Master Hand to Hand Combat
Yakedo is also a skilled hand to hand combatant. He is well-versed in several martial arts, granted he hasn't mastered any of them. Despite this, he still implements them in his own mixed-martial arts style that is highly unpredictable and dangerous to whoever is on the receiving end.

Enhanced Strength
Yakedo also possesses a high degree of physical strength, enough to launch back metahumans with a single punch and leave them disoriented. He can lift and carry a normal human with relative ease and can break a person's bones if he hits them just right.

Enhanced Speed
Yakedo is also rather fast. He can attack someone as fast as any speedsters in rapid succession with great ease, and even block their attacks using only one hand.

Enhanced Durability
Yakedo's last physical trait is his high durability. He can also inflict high-temperature burns and beatings against other high-ranking metahumans without any difficulty whatsoever.

Overall Abilities
Yakedo is intelligent, strong, and skilled at what he does.

Theme: Evangelion's Medley (Combination of Mar Novu's Theme, Don't Lose Your Way from Kill la Kill, Evil by Dove Cameron, Marching with Giants by Black Math, and Revolution (Sasuke's Theme) from Naruto Shippuden)
Last edited by Stardust Crusdaers on Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"All is lost, Guardian. Get out of here. I'll hold them off for as long as I can. The Fallen cannot be stopped. They do not negotiate. Their bargains are lies. I've watched them burn and pillage whole villages in the Cosmodrome. [gags] I've watched Dregs eat children. They envy us. Their legends say the Traveler chose them before us. And they will kill. They will torture. They will maim to earn their Machine God's favor." -Saint-14

Honorary Baron of Dominant Oppressors

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Okayanos » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:53 pm

Stardust Crusdaers wrote:
Argus Metahuman File

Powers:
Reality Manipulation

Pyrokinesis
Yakedo's Quirk allows him to control and manipulate fire. He can manipulate the temperature and volume of any flame, regardless of how strong or where they come from.

Fire Fist
Yakedo manipulates his flames to create a shroud of flames over one or both of his fists. Using this technique, Yakedo enhances the power of his blows, allowing him to use his flames in close-quarters combat. Similarly, Yakedo can also use this technique on his legs, elbows, or knees, enhancing the strength of those body parts as well.

Equipment and weapons:
Elysian Spectre
A Taken Pulse Rifle that resembles the Hard Light, the Elysian Spectre serves as his main weapon and has bullets, each of which paralyzes enemies at unspeakable speed.

BACKGROUND

Bio:
Four years ago, when the Anti-Monitor Crisis struck his Earth, his brother had allied with Maleficent and the Overtakers and was on the verge of destroying his Earth, but Nelson killed them in order to save his family. At the same time, it also led him to become Evangelion, a powerful metahuman who can control realities. He has recruited many versions of heroes and villains, including Kazuto Kirigaya, Asuna Yuuki, Ruby Hale, Totomaru, Eobard Thawne, Malcolm Merlyn, Damien Darhk, Tobias Whale, Samantha "Sam" Arias/Reign, Leopold Fitz, Anton Ivanov, Hiram Lodge, Morgana, Zevon, Fikrul, Uldren Sov, Djin, Sasuke Uchiha, Phoenixaro Uchihamaki, Mal, Ryuko Matoi, and Mar Novu, in order that he can prevent another Crisis from destroying the multiverse. But to do so, he would need help from the champions who helped stop the Anti-Monitor.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Skills:
Genius-Level Intellect
Being the brightest and smartest of all the other families, Yakedo has the ability to track down multiple enemies at will and overwhelm them down before they begin attacking.

Yakedo is also a skilled hand to hand combatant. He is well-versed in several martial arts, granted he hasn't mastered any of them. Despite this, he still implements them in his own mixed-martial arts style that is highly unpredictable and dangerous to whoever is on the receiving end.

Enhanced Strength
Yakedo also possesses a high degree of physical strength, enough to launch back metahumans with a single punch and leave them disoriented. He can lift and carry a normal human with relative ease and can break a person's bones if he hits them just right.

Enhanced Speed
Yakedo is also rather fast. He can attack someone as fast as any speedsters in rapid succession with great ease, and even block their attacks using only one hand.

Enhanced Durability
Yakedo's last physical trait is his high durability. He can also inflict high-temperature burns and beatings against other high-ranking metahumans without any difficulty whatsoever.

Overall Abilities

Theme: Evangelion's Medley (Combination of Mar Novu's Theme, Don't Lose Your Way from Kill la Kill, Evil by Dove Cameron, Marching with Giants by Black Math, and Revolution (Sasuke's Theme) from Naruto Shippuden)

Take your trolling somewhere else and don't post here again.
Last edited by Okayanos on Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stardust Crusdaers
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stardust Crusdaers » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:58 pm

Okayanos wrote:
Argus Metahuman File

Powers:
Reality Manipulation

Pyrokinesis

Fire Fist

Equipment and weapons:
Elysian Spectre

BACKGROUND

Bio:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Skills:
Genius-Level Intellect

Enhanced Strength

Enhanced Speed

Enhanced Durability

Overall Abilities

This is not trolling, pal. ARGUS was also mentioned in Arrow. I would like to speak with John Diggle.
Last edited by Stardust Crusdaers on Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All is lost, Guardian. Get out of here. I'll hold them off for as long as I can. The Fallen cannot be stopped. They do not negotiate. Their bargains are lies. I've watched them burn and pillage whole villages in the Cosmodrome. [gags] I've watched Dregs eat children. They envy us. Their legends say the Traveler chose them before us. And they will kill. They will torture. They will maim to earn their Machine God's favor." -Saint-14

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Okayanos » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:00 pm

Okayanos wrote:

This is not trolling, pal. ARGUS was also mentioned in Arrow.

You're not funny. Fuck off.

Stardust Crusdaers
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stardust Crusdaers » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:01 pm

Okayanos wrote:
Stardust Crusdaers wrote:This is not trolling, pal. ARGUS was also mentioned in Arrow.

No, this is serious business. The Cyberiad Council would know that I have serious business. Plus, my application is related to both ARGUS and metahumans, both of which were introduced in Arrowverse.
Last edited by Stardust Crusdaers on Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Okayanos » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:10 pm

Okayanos wrote:

No, this is serious business. The Cyberiad Council would know that I have serious business. Plus, my application is related to both ARGUS and metahumans, both of which were introduced in Arrowverse.

Leave.

Stardust Crusdaers
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stardust Crusdaers » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:11 pm

Okayanos wrote:

Leave.

Nah, you're not the boss. Why are you dissing my creativity? Plus, none of my powers are banned. The next time I enter this forum, I expect an apology from you.
Last edited by Stardust Crusdaers on Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:12 pm

Okayanos wrote:
Leave.

Dude, this isn't based off DC or the arrowverse.

Did you even read the OP?

Nah, you're not the boss. Why are you dissing my creativity?

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Okayanos » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:13 pm

Okayanos wrote:
Leave.

Nah, you're not the boss. Why are you dissing my creativity? Plus, none of my powers are banned. The next time I enter this forum, I expect an apology from you.

No.

Stardust Crusdaers
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stardust Crusdaers » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:14 pm

Dude, this isn't based off DC or the arrowverse.

Did you even read the OP?

Nah, you're not the boss. Why are you dissing my creativity?

I know, but can you make a crossover? I mean, it reminds of Argus from Arrowverse. I thought it was about Arrow.

Stardust Crusdaers
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stardust Crusdaers » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:17 pm

Okayanos wrote:

No.

As for you, Okayanos, I expect you to apologize to me for dissing my work.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:23 pm

Okayanos wrote:
No.

As for you, Okayanos, I expect you to apologize to me for dissing my work.

Dude, in no way does your work fit here. This is based of personal creations, not DC or the arrowverse. The facility that you didn't read the OP and then assume it's for the arrowverse is the real disrespect here. Not to met the to is closed, so you would not have been accepted even if you made a reasonable app.

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Okayanos » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:28 pm

Stardust Crusdaers wrote:As for you, Okayanos, I expect you to apologize to me for dissing my work.

lmao your work's shit

Stardust Crusdaers
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stardust Crusdaers » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:28 pm

Okayanos wrote:
Stardust Crusdaers wrote:As for you, Okayanos, I expect you to apologize to me for dissing my work.

lmao your work's shit

Cyberiad, ban Okayanos. Now. Plus, Arrowverse is not the disrespect. Okayanos is.
Last edited by Stardust Crusdaers on Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Founded: Apr 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:32 pm

Okayanos wrote:
lmao your work's shit

Cyberiad, ban Okayanos. Now.

I mean, thanks for the thread engagement I guess, you're bumping our post number up, but the OP's right. Your work has zero place here, for a few reasons.

Half your work is not your creative work. It's straight rips from the Destinyverse and other universes you've amalgamated into a single app. You hardly even bothered to change the description text. If this was an intelligent troll app, it would at least be respectable. But, it's not. It's pretty clear you came in here to cause issues.

Poor effort, friend. Try again next time.

Stardust Crusdaers
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stardust Crusdaers » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:33 pm

Skyggeheim wrote:
Stardust Crusdaers wrote:Cyberiad, ban Okayanos. Now.

I mean, thanks for the thread engagement I guess, you're bumping our post number up, but the OP's right. Your work has zero place here, for a few reasons.

Half your work is not your creative work. It's straight rips from the Destinyverse and other universes you've amalgamated into a single app. You hardly even bothered to change the description text. If this was an intelligent troll app, it would at least be respectable. But, it's not. It's pretty clear you came in here to cause issues.

Cyberiad, can you make a new OOC with me as your admin? This is A MULTIVERSE.
Last edited by Stardust Crusdaers on Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:38 pm

Skyggeheim wrote:I mean, thanks for the thread engagement I guess, you're bumping our post number up, but the OP's right. Your work has zero place here, for a few reasons.

Cyberiad, can you make a new OOC with me as your admin? This is A MULTIVERSE.

I most certainly can. Anything for you, random poster.

Stardust Crusdaers
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Stardust Crusdaers » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:39 pm

Stardust Crusdaers wrote:Cyberiad, can you make a new OOC with me as your admin? This is A MULTIVERSE.

Thanks. For this new OOC, I want it to be called Sword Art Online: Shadows. An alternate universe in which Kirito's biological parents never died. As for my app, we should put those characters I mentioned in the OOC.
Last edited by Stardust Crusdaers on Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Okayanos » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:40 pm

Stardust Crusdaers wrote:Cyberiad, can you make a new OOC with me as your admin? This is A MULTIVERSE.

thanks for the free thread bumps peabrain
Last edited by Okayanos on Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:40 pm

Thanks. For this new OOC, I want it to be called Sword Art Online: Shadows. An alternate universe in which Kirito's biological parents never died.

I said I can, but I will not.

This is the RP I'm running. If you want to make that, go ahead

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse