NATION

PASSWORD

AKA [OOC | Superhero | Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:23 am

Hey Cy, do I really have to add another offensive power? is corrosive and poison blood not combat capable enough?
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Okayanos » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:32 am

Union Princes wrote:Hey Cy, do I really have to add another offensive power? is corrosive and poison blood not combat capable enough?

Maybe it's time to think up an entirely new power.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:18 am

Union Princes wrote:Hey Cy, do I really have to add another offensive power? is corrosive and poison blood not combat capable enough?

You don't have to, but it's just not an ability you can use at will: you have to use your syringes to facilitate it, and throw (or walk up to people) it by some means, and then even you said it doesn't do damage: just hurt.

Personally, I find it a tad macabre, and possibly not something you want a hero meant to bring good PR to do.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:58 am

That stinks, back to the drawing board. I'm gonna try making an assassin style character next and see if that will work.

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Founded: Apr 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:44 pm

Union Princes wrote:That stinks, back to the drawing board. I'm gonna try making an assassin style character next and see if that will work.

If you're struggling with ideas, let me know. I was thinking of rolling an assassin character for this, but went with Alessia instead.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:04 pm

Skyggeheim wrote:
Union Princes wrote:That stinks, back to the drawing board. I'm gonna try making an assassin style character next and see if that will work.

If you're struggling with ideas, let me know. I was thinking of rolling an assassin character for this, but went with Alessia instead.

Thanks skiggy, if you want, maybe we can work together. I'm at the crossroads if I want to put emphasis on stealth or attack power for my character.

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:16 pm

Since I'm interested in joining, what's happened in the RP so far?
Stuff. Just stuff.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:55 pm

The Great Swedish Empire wrote:Since I'm interested in joining, what's happened in the RP so far?

The OP post has a link to the IC. There's only been a few posts so far

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:53 pm

Union Princes wrote:
Skyggeheim wrote:If you're struggling with ideas, let me know. I was thinking of rolling an assassin character for this, but went with Alessia instead.

Thanks skiggy, if you want, maybe we can work together. I'm at the crossroads if I want to put emphasis on stealth or attack power for my character.

TG me and we can talk.

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:07 pm

Are there any roles you need me to fill?
Stuff. Just stuff.

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:07 am

Hey Mercatus, just to double tap on the TG, Alesia wasn’t on the plane with y’all. The screaming and praying she mentioned was a few years ago, very recently after she had been resurrected. Basically before she knew anything about modern technology. It might help out if you want to edit the last part of your post lol

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:09 am

Do we have a discord or something? Or is it all on here?
Stuff. Just stuff.

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:11 am

The Great Swedish Empire wrote:Are there any roles you need me to fill?

We don’t really have a sniper. Nor do we have a healer. However, it’s more about playing what you want and having fun with it.

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:20 am

Skyggeheim wrote:
The Great Swedish Empire wrote:Are there any roles you need me to fill?

We don’t really have a sniper. Nor do we have a healer. However, it’s more about playing what you want and having fun with it.

I have an idea for a faith-based character. Kinda like a Commissar (Yes I know that trope, I like those types of characters) but with the Bible. He steels the faith of those nearby and increases morale, making heroes doing feats they would normally have doubted themselves to do. Perhaps, heals those nearby as well. Maybe even have an accusation ability where he makes enemies break in fear for the wrath of God? He believes that Sanctioned Metahumans are God's Gift to the world and it is the duty of every single one with powers to protect humans. He holds in contempt those who do not rise to the duty and use God's Gift to harm his subjects.

How does that sound?
Stuff. Just stuff.

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:27 am

The Great Swedish Empire wrote:
Skyggeheim wrote:We don’t really have a sniper. Nor do we have a healer. However, it’s more about playing what you want and having fun with it.

I have an idea for a faith-based character. Kinda like a Commissar (Yes I know that trope, I like those types of characters) but with the Bible. He steels the faith of those nearby and increases morale, making heroes doing feats they would normally have doubted themselves to do. Perhaps, heals those nearby as well. Maybe even have an accusation ability where he makes enemies break in fear for the wrath of God? He believes that Sanctioned Metahumans are God's Gift to the world and it is the duty of every single one with powers to protect humans. He holds in contempt those who do not rise to the duty and use God's Gift to harm his subjects.

How does that sound?

I’m not OP so my word matters little, but I think it depends on how heavily you lean into the faith thing.

In the sense of the actual in-RP universe, The Argonauts are supposed to be a PR move for Argus. It may not reflect well on their public image to have a preacher in the ranks depending on which faiths Argus is trying to develop better relations with.

It may be better to work the powers around buffing other team members without the influence of God. Perhaps he’s an enabler that can emit some sort of clear gas that boosts his allies’ abilities and debuffs his enemies through either magic or some sort of biometric identification he can use?

Once again, I’m not OP. I’m just the guy who’s up late on his phone lol. I would TG him for more info or to get his say on it.

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:34 am

Skyggeheim wrote:
The Great Swedish Empire wrote:I have an idea for a faith-based character. Kinda like a Commissar (Yes I know that trope, I like those types of characters) but with the Bible. He steels the faith of those nearby and increases morale, making heroes doing feats they would normally have doubted themselves to do. Perhaps, heals those nearby as well. Maybe even have an accusation ability where he makes enemies break in fear for the wrath of God? He believes that Sanctioned Metahumans are God's Gift to the world and it is the duty of every single one with powers to protect humans. He holds in contempt those who do not rise to the duty and use God's Gift to harm his subjects.

How does that sound?

I’m not OP so my word matters little, but I think it depends on how heavily you lean into the faith thing.

In the sense of the actual in-RP universe, The Argonauts are supposed to be a PR move for Argus. It may not reflect well on their public image to have a preacher in the ranks depending on which faiths Argus is trying to develop better relations with.

It may be better to work the powers around buffing other team members without the influence of God. Perhaps he’s an enabler that can emit some sort of clear gas that boosts his allies’ abilities and debuffs his enemies through either magic or some sort of biometric identification he can use?

Once again, I’m not OP. I’m just the guy who’s up late on his phone lol. I would TG him for more info or to get his say on it.

I won't be the type of guy that kills you or hates you because you're in a different religion or have none at all. Also, it's not likely his powers are actually from God, but rather he believes it was given by God and in some way his Faith enhances his powers. I could potentially make him be a decent-known humanitarian figure before he decided to take on a higher duty.
Stuff. Just stuff.

Viremine
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Viremine » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:25 pm

Why is this closed to apps?

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:34 pm

Viremine wrote:Why is this closed to apps?

Because I paused it.

Viremine
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Viremine » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:49 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:
Viremine wrote:Why is this closed to apps?

Because I paused it.

Thats completely illogical! why would it be paused if you paused it?

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:07 pm

I've opened the rp to more apps, this time for a "Bravo" team. Characters are free to interact, but I plan on treating them separate whilst on missions and the like.

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:48 pm

Wait, so I can't join?
Stuff. Just stuff.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:53 pm

The Great Swedish Empire wrote:Wait, so I can't join?

No, you may. I have opened for apps again.

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:54 pm

The Great Swedish Empire wrote:Wait, so I can't join?

So does my Priest idea work? I could flesh it out more for you if you want.
Stuff. Just stuff.

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:25 pm

Argus Metahuman File

Name: Tara Redmast
Alias: Node

Powers:
  • Computerized Brain: Probably one of the most important abilities that Tara has is the fact that she is not quite human. Yes, she has a body that is equal parts flesh and metal. But that is simply a superprocessor glued to a replicated spine. Add on a few appendages and some robotic enhancements, and you have yourself a human...sort of. Tara Redmast, the consciousness, resides entirely on a incredibly powerful server in an Argus sub-basement. Her body is a subunit of that consciousness, controlled directly by a robotic brain. This allows her several advantages over a measly human brain. The first is information processing. Tara can process information at an alarming rate, and execute the appropriate subroutines to respond just as fast. This gives her enhanced reaction time and a quick-thinking ability that can be used to, if she is properly positioned, react to very fast attacks and either defend against them or move out of the way. This also means that when the subunit dies, or is destroyed, Tara is not lost. She simply needs time to rebuild.
  • Robotic Body: Having a body that is more metal than flesh, Tara is supremely strong and relatively fast. Her endurance is higher than many peak athletes, but she can only stress her robotic parts so far before they give out. She is capable of lifting and pressing 10 tonnes, and her strikes carry incredible weight and force behind them.
  • Acute Electrokinesis: Tara's subunit is capable of controlling the flow and discharge of energy between electrons. This allows her to, in its most visible fashion, discharge lightning bolts at a target of her choosing. It also allows her to manipulate some forms of electrical signals in the brain. In addition, she can project an electromagnetic shield in front of her, giving her some form against attacks metal-based attacks.
  • Cyberkinesis: Tara has an inherent ability to interface with computer systems and other electronics-based devices through direct interaction with their data and processing systems. This allows her to crack encryptions, control what routines and tasks are being run on computers, and a host of other processes.

Drawbacks & Limitations:
  • Her electrokinesis can only withhold a certain magnitude of energy before it fizzles or reacts violently from her losing control.
  • She must be able to be in range of a computer in order to manipulate it. That may mean being in its Wifi range, being near a door it controls, or something of the like.

Weaknesses:
  • Find the server housing Tara, kill her permanently. No coming back from that.
  • Vulnerable to electric-based attacks of greater magnitude and can technically be hacked.

Equipment and weapons:
  • A Sig Sauer P226, chambered in .357 SIG, which she keeps tucked in the band of her pants at all times in case things go sour and she needs to resort to more traditional methods. However, she prefers to use her powers and combat prowess.

BACKGROUND

Nationality: American
Hometown: Washington, D.C.

Personality: Not much of a talker, Tara tends to keep to herself unless the situation demands it. She is brutally honest - bordering on rude - to those she doesn't know, and tends to give the cold shoulder more than she responds. Her natural tendency is to be on the defensive, and so will sometimes misinterpret jokes and sarcasm as an outright insult. Her friends see much of the same, but are also privy to her somewhat softer side, if you could call it that. To her friends, she is sarcastic to a fault and what one would consider to be "an enabler". She will encourage her friends to do something, just so that she can be either entertained or impressed - depending entirely on the result of the attempt. She is rough around the edges, often lacing her words with profanities, and tends to disregard authority.

Bio:
Born in one of the poorer areas of Washington, D.C., Tara grew up with relatively absentee parents and a rough life that saw her causing more harm than good. She was particularly fond of car theft in her younger years, which landed her a stint in juvy when she was 12. CPS evaluated her home life while she was serving time, and eventually determined that she was at high enough risk for a repeat offense that they would separate her from her home environment and place her in the foster system. This changed very little, and she continued to be the juvenile delinquent that she had always been, often dragging other teenagers into her schemes and landing them in trouble with her.

However, when she was sixteen, she landed in a foster home that seemed to change her. The compassion shown by the parents, and the older brother Wesley, generated a bit of character change in Tara. She was ready to stop her life of foolishness and - at the very least - attempt to be a functioning member of society. In an attempt to find something she was passionate about, Wesley taught her how to code. As it would turn out, she was a bit of a whiz when it came to computers. She picked up the talent naturally, and spent the next two years developing her coding skills to be par-excellence. However, when she turned eighteen, Tara departed from the foster home to enter in the world of adulthood. What she found was more of the same. She floated between jobs in the Newark area of New Jersey, picking up many of the old bad habits that she had when she was a kid.

However, when she was 23, she received an email from a person she didn't think she would ever hear from again: her once older brother, Wesley. He claimed to have landed an incredible internship out of college with a company called Northstar Cyber Solutions. He offered, if Tara was willing to move to Philadelphia, to land her an internship at the desk right next to her. On one condition, she would have to promise to go clean and ditch the life that she once led. She agreed, almost without a second thought. Before the week was over, Tara had moved to Philadelphia and was preparing to start her internship at Northstar.

A year into the internship, she was approached by her boss. He offered both her and Wesley an entry-level position if they could participate in a study that Northstar was doing as part of an initiative with a new business partner: Eventide. Tara had never heard the name before, and neither had Wesley. Regardless, they were eager for the opportunity to earn their permanent positions at Northstar, and so both of them signed up to participate in the study without much consideration.

This, as it turns out, would be where the Tara Redmast that inhabited a body of her own would be destroyed. As it turned out, the "study" that both Tara and Wesley agreed to participate in was an extremely painful and drawn out surgery that converted both of their bodies to little more than super-processors attached to a mix of robotic and organic parts. Their consciousness, as they were, were transferred into extremely powerful and efficient servers. As they were briefed, they were going to be converted into high-class infiltration units for one "Project Eventide", a Tier 1 U.S. military unit that was composed of all metahumans.

However, during an Argus raid of the Northstar facility that Tara and Wesley were being held at, Wesley's subunit was destroyed by an explosion. Tara doesn't remember much afterwards, but she recalls waking up in an Argus rehabilitation center. Tara spent the next year in rehabilitation before being offered to get back out into the real world as part of the Argonauts. She agreed, if only on the hope that she will find Wesley out here, somewhere, and hopefully intact.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Fears/Phobias: Wesley being dead.
Skills: Strong short-mid range combatant, a knack for computer systems, literal computer for a brain.
Theme: Can't have a Cyberpunk-esque character without some Dark Electronic

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:02 pm

The Great Swedish Empire wrote:

So does my Priest idea work? I could flesh it out more for you if you want.

Skyggeheim raised an important thing to remember: Argus is doing this for a PR move. Having someone openly proselytizing and preaching a certain religion isn't a good move for them.

The power set is doable, but the character around it is problematic.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse