NATION

PASSWORD

El Cargotá: Latin American Political RP [OOC|OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:42 pm

Didn’t the OP say no Coups?
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:43 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:Didn’t the OP say no Coups?

Well if he tries to stop us, we could literally take to the streets peacefully and completely jam up the economy.

We don't need guns to start a revolution. We only need our bodies.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:44 pm

As VP, I will send the military to crush any coup or revolt. If the Liberal Party does not condemn such an act, it will be placed out of the law.
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:45 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:As VP, I will send the military to crush any coup or revolt. If the Liberal Party does not condemn such an act, it will be placed out of the law.

And who has the authority to do that? President Kalinsky 'bout to throw your ass out the Presidential Palace window.

The liberals have enough clout amongst the rich and enough foreign aid to stage peaceful demonstrations and cancel your little charade.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:46 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Sao Nova Europa wrote:As VP, I will send the military to crush any coup or revolt. If the Liberal Party does not condemn such an act, it will be placed out of the law.

And who has the authority to do that? President Kalinsky 'bout to throw your ass out the Presidential Palace window.

The liberals have enough clout amongst the rich and enough foreign aid to stage peaceful demonstrations and cancel your little charade.

I think he’s talking about the new post with the soldiers and stuff

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:47 pm

If you try to stage a military coup, Juan will turn El Cargota to Syria. Will be sending military forces to fire live ammunition.
Signature:

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:47 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:And who has the authority to do that? President Kalinsky 'bout to throw your ass out the Presidential Palace window.

I think he’s talking about the new post with the soldiers and stuff

I know. Carry guns to the protest, begin the El Cargotan civil war.
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:48 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:If you try to stage a military coup, Juan will turn El Cargota to Syria. Will be sending military forces to fire live ammunition.

Go ahead. You'll only make them martyrs.

Kalinsky's American and has assets in America. It would be a shame if Kalinsky called in the United States Military to get rid of your government.
Please Watch

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:50 pm

Peaceful protest is alright. Violent protest can be dealt with by the police. But military coups cannot and will not be tolerated.
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:51 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:Peaceful protest is alright. Violent protest can be dealt with by the police. But military coups cannot and will not be tolerated.

Your Chief-of-Staff is Liberal, and so is the Police Chief.
Please Watch

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:51 pm

Doesn’t matter how you’d react to violent coups because OP will destroy them with his god powers

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:52 pm

Good. Democracy shall prevail.
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:53 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:Doesn’t matter how you’d react to violent coups because OP will destroy them with his god powers

If he does, safe to say I'll leave or at the very least drop Kalinsky.

I indicated that this would be an issue...We have few options if the PDP screw us over, because of the OP.
Please Watch

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:54 pm

Maybe try to win the elections?
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:56 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:Maybe try to win the elections?

You really think Tafalla would give us a chance? Why wouldn't he screw us over?

And yes, that's the path I'm pursuing right now, I just need a contingency. Hold up the country, general strike...
Please Watch

Grand Bangouthia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Bangouthia » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:59 pm

You may be the VP, but as Premier, as long as Primos soldiers do not fire on government/civillians. We have nothing against paramilitary or personal security forces. I haven't posted because I been reading up on posts to make sure I am current with things. Primo seems to be of old stock. Old political blood. Your quick military reaction destroys the entire government. We slaughter our own people for merely gathering. Your wanting a civil war. THINK DUDE.

Story-line though, a COUP ATTEMPT is a valid power play. Attempts should be valid. Successful is completely another thing. Coups can be militarily, by the very government, or the people. It could just be apart of his story plan. Not an actual real play for power. Rebellions are good statements to the people and government. It means they are fucking up to the point of citizens to revolt. Its a message.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:59 pm

Also, why do we never get RPs in countries that are ALLOWED to be unstable?

I'm fine if the country starts out stable, but extrajudicial options and violence erupting should remain a possibility if things degenerate to a horrible level.
Please Watch

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:00 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Also, why do we never get RPs in countries that are ALLOWED to be unstable?

I'm fine if the country starts out stable, but extrajudicial options and violence erupting should remain a possibility if things degenerate to a horrible level.

And RP in an unstable middle eastern country would be really cool tbh

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:01 pm

Grand Bangouthia wrote:You may be the VP, but as Premier, as long as Primos soldiers do not fire on government/civillians. We have nothing against paramilitary or personal security forces. I haven't posted because I been reading up on posts to make sure I am current with things. Primo seems to be of old stock. Old political blood. Your quick military reaction destroys the entire government. We slaughter our own people for merely gathering. Your wanting a civil war. THINK DUDE.

Story-line though, a COUP ATTEMPT is a valid power play. Attempts should be valid. Successful is completely another thing. Coups can be militarily, by the very government, or the people. It could just be apart of his story plan. Not an actual real play for power. Rebellions are good statements to the people and government. It means they are fucking up to the point of citizens to revolt. Its a message.

I don't understand why the OP doesn't let coups succeed if the natural flow of the story permits it.

I hate RPs where people are restricted from extrajudicial options, even if I benefit from the restriction. It annoys me to a great deal.
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:02 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Also, why do we never get RPs in countries that are ALLOWED to be unstable?

And RP in an unstable middle eastern country would be really cool tbh

Fuck it, why don't we make one?

"Al-Shabil: Oppression, Blood and Guns."
Please Watch

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:02 pm

I am not going to allow an army to march into the capital and do nothing. Marching with a private army in the capital isn't political statement or protest. Any self respecting government would react in the same manner I will: put down the coup.
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:03 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:I am not going to allow an army to march into the capital and do nothing. Marching with a private army in the capital isn't political statement or protest. Any self respecting government would react in the same manner I will: put down the coup.

And then what? See your approval ratings dip in the polls, cause massive protests and riots?
Please Watch

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:06 pm

The military will prevent any violent takeover of power. Simple as that. If it causes riots, so be it.
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:07 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:Doesn’t matter how you’d react to violent coups because OP will destroy them with his god powers

Yes

No coups
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:08 pm

Aureumterra wrote:

Yes

No coups

Why

If the story progresses that way, or if the PDP rig the election against us, why would you stop it?
Please Watch

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse