NATION

PASSWORD

El Cargotá: Latin American Political RP [OOC|OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:00 am

Aureumterra wrote:Libs decide when you guys want your first primary debate

Perhaps Topo could host a rally reacting to the debate live as it goes?
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:01 am

Kargintina the Third wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Libs decide when you guys want your first primary debate

Perhaps Topo could host a rally reacting to the debate live as it goes?

Your choice
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:18 am

Might need a second character as Kalinsky's puppet, although that depends on how he would poll if he ran directly?

@Auremterra, how would Kalinsky poll right now as a hypothetical candidate?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:20 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Might need a second character as Kalinsky's puppet, although that depends on how he would poll if he ran directly?

Apart from the finance minister presumedly being on his case, he would provide a lot of ammo to Tafalla as a wealthy oligarch. Kinda like when Bloomberg ran in the US
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:21 am

Aureumterra wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Might need a second character as Kalinsky's puppet, although that depends on how he would poll if he ran directly?

Apart from the finance minister presumedly being on his case, he would provide a lot of ammo to Tafalla as a wealthy oligarch. Kinda like when Bloomberg ran in the US

He would also provide ammo of being a US puppet

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:32 am

Aureumterra wrote:

Yeah, but he'll have 500 or 750 million on his hands and has young, anti-establishment charisma about him.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:35 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Apart from the finance minister presumedly being on his case, he would provide a lot of ammo to Tafalla as a wealthy oligarch. Kinda like when Bloomberg ran in the US

Yeah, but he'll have 500 or 750 million on his hands and has young, anti-establishment charisma about him.

Except he is considered the Liberal Party’s establishment. Someone like Pedro, a more libertarian type, is considered anti-establishment. He would give lots of ammo to opposing parties, especially if his connections to the US are unearthed. He would be like Michael Bloomberg in the US

Pretty sure I told you about this stuff when you apped
Last edited by Aureumterra on Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:49 am

Aureumterra wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Yeah, but he'll have 500 or 750 million on his hands and has young, anti-establishment charisma about him.

Except he is considered the Liberal Party’s establishment. Someone like Pedro, a more libertarian type, is considered anti-establishment. He would give lots of ammo to opposing parties, especially if his connections to the US are unearthed. He would be like Michael Bloomberg in the US

I meant against the PDP. Very well, it's time to find a suitable vessel to fund...
Please Watch

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:52 am

Aureumterra wrote:Except he is considered the Liberal Party’s establishment. Someone like Pedro, a more libertarian type, is considered anti-establishment. He would give lots of ammo to opposing parties, especially if his connections to the US are unearthed. He would be like Michael Bloomberg in the US

I meant against the PDP. Very well, it's time to find a suitable vessel to fund...

I’m opening up second characters once we get a few more players, you can app for one there
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:58 am

Aureumterra wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I meant against the PDP. Very well, it's time to find a suitable vessel to fund...

I’m opening up second characters once we get a few more players, you can app for one there

That's one possibility. I might also find a good character made by another player.

Also, will we have the coronavirus in this RP?
Please Watch

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:59 am

Aureumterra wrote:I’m opening up second characters once we get a few more players, you can app for one there

That's one possibility. I might also find a good character made by another player.

No, no Coronavirus
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:33 pm

Aureumterra wrote:I’m opening up second characters once we get a few more players, you can app for one there

Oh also no matter who wins the primaries, I assume Kalinsky will be supporting the eventual Lib nominee?
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Greater Redosia
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:36 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:That's one possibility. I might also find a good character made by another player.

Oh also no matter who wins the primaries, I assume Kalinsky will be supporting the eventual Lib nominee?

Well seeing as how our great Minority Assembly Leader doesn't plan to run, Sainz knowing damn well he cannot run and win. Tejedor is the only hope for the party in the Primaries. Time to turn these newspapers into maximum overdrive that will make Republia Times blush.
Member of the Cobalt Network
Want to join? Click here!

RPs I'm currently in:

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:38 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Oh also no matter who wins the primaries, I assume Kalinsky will be supporting the eventual Lib nominee?

Well seeing as how our great Minority Assembly Leader doesn't plan to run, Sainz knowing damn well he cannot run and win. Tejedor is the only hope for the party in the Primaries. Time to turn these newspapers into maximum overdrive that will make Republia Times blush.

The primaries are against members of your own party to choose the nominee
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:51 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:That's one possibility. I might also find a good character made by another player.

Yep. He's looking for backroom control. I'll make him set up an organisation with about 50 million backing him.
Please Watch

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:55 pm

Slow IC today

Greater Redosia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:33 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:

The primaries are against members of your own party to choose the nominee

Raises glass Then I hope the party knows what it is doing, because I'm sure it's going to be an extremely interesting primary for the Liberals.

RPs I'm currently in:

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:39 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:The primaries are against members of your own party to choose the nominee

Raises glass Then I hope the party knows what it is doing, because I'm sure it's going to be an extremely interesting primary for the Liberals.

You know how party primaries work in the US? Same system
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Greater Redosia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:50 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:

Yes, I know. And how much fun they will be.

RPs I'm currently in:

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:48 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:

So which of the 200 provinces come in the top 5?
Please Watch

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:14 pm

Aureumterra wrote:You know how party primaries work in the US? Same system

So which of the 200 provinces come in the top 5?

They’re districts, and they all have roughly even populations, which is why each one counts towards one vote in the primaries
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:16 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:So which of the 200 provinces come in the top 5?

They’re districts, and they all have roughly even populations, which is why each one counts towards one vote in the primaries

I meant which one votes first.
Please Watch

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:30 pm

Aureumterra wrote:They’re districts, and they all have roughly even populations, which is why each one counts towards one vote in the primaries

I meant which one votes first.

It goes west to east, so it starts in the westernmost 10 districts of the Andes
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:31 pm

Huh, we might a bit of a schism in the Libs between Primo’s old fashioned folks and Pedro’s hard libertarian faction
The Hindustani State। हिन्दूस्तानी राष्ट्र
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions
NOT A NAZI! THE SWASTIK IS AN ANCIENT HINDU SYMBOL

2021: A New Decade - Republic of India

Greater Redosia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:39 pm

The Hindustani State wrote:Huh, we might a bit of a schism in the Libs between Primo’s old fashioned folks and Pedro’s hard libertarian faction

Then there is the wildcard, Sainz. You know what, running doesn't hurt. Might as well, corruption can't sit on its own anyways.

RPs I'm currently in:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse