NATION

PASSWORD

El Cargotá: Latin American Political RP [OOC|OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:52 pm

Is this still open?
Die nasty!!111

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:06 pm

Jovuistan wrote:Is this still open?

Always open
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:11 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:The thing about Sainz is he represents the "ideal liberal" to many

Tejedor is too populist for many, and Oñez is too compromising, Sainz is right in between

I would also like to add the amount of self-confidence in not only himself and his policies, but also towards the people. While sure, Tejedor is extremely for the people Sainz adds a level of level headed coolness. He supports the people whilst also standing to his ideals, it's that confidence that lets the people understand that what he's doing is for them. Of course, all we need to see is the polls. Let them decide.

It’s funny because up until primary night, he had pretty much lost all confidence and had Kalinsky even ask for him to drop out
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Greater Redosia
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:01 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:
I would also like to add the amount of self-confidence in not only himself and his policies, but also towards the people. While sure, Tejedor is extremely for the people Sainz adds a level of level headed coolness. He supports the people whilst also standing to his ideals, it's that confidence that lets the people understand that what he's doing is for them. Of course, all we need to see is the polls. Let them decide.

It’s funny because up until primary night, he had pretty much lost all confidence and had Kalinsky even ask for him to drop out

Gotta keep a front with something, but now that front is simply truth.
Member of the Cobalt Network
Want to join? Click here!

RPs I'm currently in:

Zohiania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 29, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby Zohiania » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:50 pm

I think Sainz should probably be minority leader, or are in rp non-playable characters present that could play that role for minority leader
"Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law."
-Immanuel Kant

EVEN IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME I WANT YOU TO KNOW I STILL LOVE YOU

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:19 pm

Might do some presidential stuff now, getting a landmark law passed?
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:29 pm

Aureumterra wrote:Might do some presidential stuff now, getting a landmark law passed?

What law?
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:59 am

Onez could endorse Sainz, if he promised to nominate Onez for VP. Onez could bring a lot of voters to Sainz and allow him to reach out to center left voters in the general elections.
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Zohiania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 29, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby Zohiania » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:55 am

When is the next primary results released?
"Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law."
-Immanuel Kant

EVEN IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME I WANT YOU TO KNOW I STILL LOVE YOU

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:04 pm

Tag
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:26 pm

The National Government of El Cargotá

Name: Inés Rajoy
Position in government: Member of the National Assembly for North Yarumina (2016-), Councillor in Yarumina for the Oehoticos District (2008-16)
Political Party: National
Race: Hispanic
Religion: Catholic
General Political Ideology: Conservative
Character intentions: Introduce a new penal code to the National Assembly, expand her influence, cut ties with Venezuela.

Biography:
Inés Mariana Rajoy was born in Oehoticos, Yarumina on 27th March 1976. Her father was a builder and plumber and her mother was a housewife, and she was in a lower-class family. However, she rose through the ranks after achieving good grades at school in politics and managed to work for the Yarumina Council, acting as a data analyst for them. She describes her rise through the social classes as "an example of the miracle of capitalism." She earned a bachelors degree in law in 2003.

She was not particularly involved in politics until she became an actual member of the council of Yarumina, a national for the hispanic-dominated lower class Oehoticos district where she was born. She served on the council for eight years, and was known to make contraversial comments, such as suggesting that indigenous people were more likely to be criminals than Hispanics whilst she was serving on the law committee.

Despite this, the national party selected her to be a member of the National Assembly for North Yarumina in 2016, and she was successfully elected. One of the national party's more moderate members, she is known for her occasional racist comments, support for the United States, hatred of the current government and Venezuela, and her desire to bring back the death penalty.
Last edited by Agarntrop on Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Left Without Edge

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:55 pm

Agarntrop wrote:

Position in government: Member of the National Assembly for North Yarumina (2016-), Councillor in Yarumina for the Oehoticos District (2008-16)
Political Party: Liberal
Character intentions: Introduce a new penal code to the National Assembly, expand her influence, cut ties with Venezuela.

Biography:
Inés Mariana Rajoy was born in Oehoticos, Yarumina on 27th March 1976. Her father was a builder and plumber and her mother was a housewife, and she was in a lower-class family. However, she rose through the ranks after achieving good grades at school in politics and managed to work for the Yarumina Council, acting as a data analyst for them. She describes her rise through the social classes as "an example of the miracle of capitalism." She earned a bachelors degree in law in 2003.

She was not particularly involved in politics until she became an actual member of the council of Yarumina, a liberal for the hispanic-dominated lower class Oehoticos district where she was born. She served on the council for eight years, and was known to make contraversial comments, such as suggesting that indigenous people were more likely to be criminals than Hispanics whilst she was serving on the law committee.

Despite this, the liberal party selected her to be a member of the National Assembly for North Yarumina in 2016, and she was successfully elected. One of the liberal party's more radical members, she is known for her occasional racist comments, support for the United States, hatred of the current government and Venezuela, and her desire to bring back the death penalty.

She’s better off in the National Party
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:58 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:

Political Party: Liberal

Biography:

She was not particularly involved in politics until she became an actual member of the council of Yarumina, a liberal for the hispanic-dominated lower class Oehoticos district where she was born. She served on the council for eight years, and was known to make contraversial comments, such as suggesting that indigenous people were more likely to be criminals than Hispanics whilst she was serving on the law committee.

Despite this, the liberal party selected her to be a member of the National Assembly for North Yarumina in 2016, and she was successfully elected. One of the liberal party's more radical members, she is known for her occasional racist comments, support for the United States, hatred of the current government and Venezuela, and her desire to bring back the death penalty.

She’s better off in the National Party

I smell a running mate
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:01 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:Onez could endorse Sainz, if he promised to nominate Onez for VP. Onez could bring a lot of voters to Sainz and allow him to reach out to center left voters in the general elections.

Do that and you get no funding lol
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:19 pm

Made her national
Left Without Edge

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:40 pm

Alright, it’s time for the prez to give an address later tonight to the press, where he will introduce a landmark policy that won’t go over too well with the Libs and Nationals I assume
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:42 pm

Agarntrop wrote:

Political Party: National

Biography:

She was not particularly involved in politics until she became an actual member of the council of Yarumina, a national for the hispanic-dominated lower class Oehoticos district where she was born. She served on the council for eight years, and was known to make contraversial comments, such as suggesting that indigenous people were more likely to be criminals than Hispanics whilst she was serving on the law committee.

Despite this, the national party selected her to be a member of the National Assembly for North Yarumina in 2016, and she was successfully elected. One of the national party's more moderate members, she is known for her occasional racist comments, support for the United States, hatred of the current government and Venezuela, and her desire to bring back the death penalty.

Alright then, you are accepted
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:51 pm

Thanks, but what's currently going on here?
Left Without Edge

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:54 pm

Agarntrop wrote:Thanks, but what's currently going on here?

The Liberal party is having a presidential primary with a hard-libertarian currently in the lead. The National Party only has one declared candidate but by now he pretty much has the entire party base behind him

And about to post another presidential address right now
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

The Hindustani State
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hindustani State » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:55 pm

I’m going to start working on a bill for the assembly while I’m at it, from Tejedor ofc

Still working on the second character
The Hindustani State। हिन्दूस्तानी राष्ट्र
Theocratic South Asia ruled on Hindu principles, and having expelled all invader religions
NOT A NAZI! THE SWASTIK IS AN ANCIENT HINDU SYMBOL

2021: A New Decade - Republic of India

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:57 pm

Aureumterra wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:Thanks, but what's currently going on here?

The Liberal party is having a presidential primary with a hard-libertarian currently in the lead. The National Party only has one declared candidate but by now he pretty much has the entire party base behind him

And about to post another presidential address right now

K thanks
Left Without Edge

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:01 pm

Will the President in his speech address any of the ideas mentioned by Juan, such as the UBI or more measures to combat climate change?
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:06 pm

The Hindustani State wrote:I’m going to start working on a bill for the assembly while I’m at it, from Tejedor ofc

Still working on the second character

Nice
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:19 pm

Whereabouts in LatAm is EC located?
Left Without Edge

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:21 pm

Agarntrop wrote:Whereabouts in LatAm is EC located?

I’ve left that ambiguous on purpose
RightValues
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse