NATION

PASSWORD

Dragon Ball: Untold IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:54 pm

Nymphaea looked at Ovan with confusion. "What's cosplay and why would there be a convention for it?" She asked the apathetic man. If the mage was being honest she sometimes thinks the martial artist was a homunculus or another construct created by magic. While the best ones can infact feel and mimic human emotions those of lesser quality barely don't, and Ovan reminded her of the latter. It was his strong Ki and lack of Anima that reminded him that he was indeed human. Albeit a very robotic one.

When Danuja mentioned how the whole experience uprooted her life and she only came because she doesn't murder many people for looking out the window at the wrong time. The mage frowned as she was reminded that she too did the same thing even if the death toll was smaller in comparison to Danuja. She wished to comfort the woman but she wondered how? 

"Danuja.." before she could say anything the Saiyness went off. "I'l l talk with her later. Let's see what I can eat in here." she thought as Ikki mentioned he was the weird one for feeling it was weird they got so used to their new settings. "You better get use to it because chances are aliens are going to be flocking to our world once this war is done. We are now a part of a galactic empire now." She told him as she followed the others to the computers.

As the mage looked at the monitor she looked stumped on the various strange symbols on it. Nymphaea was trying to translate some of the strange alien symbols in her free time but she was still incredibly clueless on what each symbol could mean. She often needed help with some of the aliens onboard of the ship.

She looked over to the foods that Danuja and Ikki got... she was reminded of some of the strange foods that some of the mages yet. "I wonder if the food will taste like that stuff as well?" She said to herself.

Returning back to the machine she was trying to get a feeling for which combination of symbols won't give her a disgusting meal when the cape looked over at something and tapped her shoulder. "I'm not surprised to see you here Lottus. You Saiyans are big eaters regardless of which planet you are from." The mage look over and saw a small dark green reptilian alien with tuff of oranges red hair sticking out from his scalp.

The mage smiled. "Doctor Ridley, it's nice seeing you." She gave him a bow. "I hate to bother you but can you help me  with this? I don't understand any of the symbols." The smaller alien looked over. "I can help out with that. It shouldn't be too much of a problem." The two would check through the list of items available.

When the selections were done the tray would come down and Nymphaea would be greeted by a bow holding multi colored noodles moving like worms within a mushy rice like substance below them, the mushed rice pulsating and bubbling, infact the mushy rice had the consistency of slime. She saw white and black striped tentacles hanging out from the blow and from the puffy mass she saw eyeballs floating up, she even saw a few snail_like creatures squirming within the goop and the blue legs of a frog or what looks like a frogs legs. The final touch was the lumpy flesh of some strange alien she wasn't sure of other than it's fresh is a mixture of pink and purple. It's juices mixing to the white mash rice slime.

The bow came with some odd colored and twisted fruits of wine type and a glass of purple fluids. The mage looked at the odd food with surprising indifference "Yep. It's just like home." she thanked Ridley as he carried a tray that had a bow filled with many alien insects on it with a plate holding a large pillbug looking creature covered in orange slime like it was butter.

The mage would walk to the table that the others went to. As she sat down she looked at the others. "So? Are you guys feeling anything strange after eating this stuff? " She asked as she took a pair of metal chopsticks and stabbed into the slime, creating an audible popping sound as more of the noodles came out of it. She would grab some of the noodles and lumpy metal with the rice slime coating it and put it in her mouth,  giving it an experimental chew to see if she can agree with the taste.

After she swallowed grub the mage would surprise everyone by scarfing down the meal in typical Saiyan fashion. During her feeding frenzy one of the snail shells fell off the bowl, clattering on the table. From the shell the snail would come out and begin to leave a trail of moscus as it tried to escape from the hungry Saiyan.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:42 pm

Ovan picked something at random. The food was definitely pretty bland and tasteless compared to back on earth, but it was edible. Everyone else seemed to be concerned, but there would probably be someone saying something if it was poisonous or toxic. Most everyone seemed to be mammals so he couldn't imagine it would be too bad. He took a bite out of whatever meat he ordered was as the mage woman asked what cosplay was.

"Seriously? Boy. That sheltered life seems pretty awful. My condolences." He said in a tone that was difficult to discern whether he was kidding or not. He said and leaned back a bit. "Cosplay is where people dress up as cartoon or manga characters and go to a convention with other people who do the same thing." He explained. "I considered going once or twice, but too many of those people don't bathe properly, if at all. Plus the merchandise and food are overpriced for what it is." He explained.

"By the way, lemme know if you come across any of those horrors beyond what I've ever seen. I wanna see how badly you're talking out of your ass."

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:06 pm

Nymphaea stopped eating when Ovan told her about wanting to see the horrors she sees. Squirming noodles dancing as she held them on her slime covered lips, a few drops of the slime was on parts of her cheeks close to her lips. She would slurp the noodles into her mouth and after swallowing it would she reply back.

"Is it fun to cosplay? I know of a few mages who do something similar whenever they perform rituals. Do people also do rituals when they cosplay or they do it just because they want to?" She began to swirl the goop in her bowl around with the chopsticks. "Also why would they charge food so much for an event like that?" She questioned as she grabbed a tentacle with her chopsticks, causing it to twitch.

"I'm not talking out of my ass and I hope once my magic starts to change me I never get that. But what I have seen is horrific. But I've seen things that can be considered beautiful and wonderful. Others are just weird. It's never really a dull day with what I see." She told him as she plopped the tentacle in her mouth and slurping the appendage like a spaghetti.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:39 pm

Naval Monte wrote:Nymph

Ovan poked at the weird colored meat, it tasted something like beef, if a little off. "Remind me. Next time I see Glacia, I'm going to show her what real food tastes like. No wonder she's losing to her sister if she can't even afford to get food that tastes edible..." He muttered. Nymph continued asking about cosplay when he'd thought the conversation was over.

"Uhhh. I guess it's fun. People wouldn't do it if they didn't like it. And I'm pretty sure there are no rituals involved, except maybe one to avoid showers and deodorant at all costs. Just people pretending to act like their favorite fictional characters. As for the overpriced crappy food, well, it helps cover for the cost of setting things up I guess. I'm not aware of the logistics of the whole thing." He shrugged and decided to just choke down as much of the food as he could as fast as he could chew it.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:13 pm

The Throne Room, Glacia's Palace: Planet Glacia 24601

"Advanced genetics is known to us, of course," Glacia conceded with a nod. "But that does not mean I am not personally interested in any original and new research that you may have produced. Given the scarcity of Saiyans these days, and the nature of the PTO at the moment, scholarly work on genetics is no longer common."

Again, Glacia's tail flailed about excitedly as she spoke and the young Arcosian leaned in again and looked like she might fall out of her throne if she moved any closer.

A collab between Saint and Brit
Glacia’s Palace, Planet Glacia 24601

Walking through the halls of Glacia’s Palace, Serena still couldn’t shake the dread and terror she felt the first day they arrived. It wouldn’t have been so bad for the Earth’s future Queen, but it was the way the statues seemed alive that bothered her as if they scrutinised every step and every breath she took. Serena tugged at her dress hems and stuck her chin up, as her mother showed her many times. At least Spicer was nice enough to show me where the room is, Serena thought, even if he has been a little stiff since the meeting with Glacia.

“This place just gives me the creeps”, Serena muttered. “How can anyone live like this? And I used to think grandpa’s palace was stuffy…”. Spicer looked back at Serena for a moment before he replied.

“Emperor Kalt’s palace on Station Alpha was more streamlined,” he told her. “Lady Glacia always had an odd sense of decor. She told me once this used to be an ancient temple, by a long-forgotten order of wizards.”

”Really?” Serena asked, a bit intrigued. “What happened to them?” Spicer only shrugged.

“I don’t know,” he admitted. “I never bothered to ask.” The Saiyan general looked back again with a smile. “To tell you the truth, I never much liked this place either.”

As the two continued through the mostly silent and empty halls, coming from the other side they passed by the beautiful woman from before. As before, as her eyes locked with Serena’s, the young woman felt something petrify her. The goddess in mortal form curtseyed to them and Spicer bowed before he noticed something amiss.

“Your Highness, is something wrong?” he asked his voice heavy with concern. Serena shook her head and started to walk again.

“I’m...I’m all right, Spicer, really. But, who was that woman?”

“She’s a friend of Glacia’s,” Spicer explained as he made sure Serena was truly fine before he continued walking. “She’s from the Andromeda Galaxy.” Was that all? Serena wasn’t sure, but at the same time, she didn’t think it was the time to ask Spicer anything more. Maybe Glacia would know more?

Eventually, the pair arrived outside of Glacia’s drawing-room and a titanic and grotesque by human--and Saiyan--standards series of statues and friezes greeted them. Serena gulped even as Spicer opened the door for her and offered the Earth girl a sympathetic look.

“Your Highness,” Spicer started before he closed his mouth and paused, almost unsure what to say. “You’ll be fine,” he finally said, eyes downcast. Serena smiled back.

"Thanks Spicer,” Serena replied as she entered into Glacia’s drawing-room, the door closing behind her.

If Serena had any hope that she would find Glacia in a story-book setting fit for a Princess, she was rudely awakened to the reality that like the rest of the Palace, Glacia’s drawing-room was every bit macabre as the rest of it. Glacia rose to greet Serena and floated over to her Earthling counterpart and like in the Throne Room, clasped her hands.

“Serena, I am glad you came,” she told the Earthling as she gestured to an empty chair. “Please, sit, and we can speak as equals.”

After Glacia sat back down Serena hesitantly took a seat, trying not to think if her chair were alive. Can this trip be any weirder?

The Arcosian lifted what appeared to be a vessel of some kind over to the table, and seemingly using magic, she poured two cups of what looked like tea to Serena.

“No, this is not magic,” Glacia said with a smile. “Even though it looks like magic, this is just telekinesis.” Glacia took a sip of her alien tea.

“We should talk first about your planet’s relationship to the PTO,” Glacia announced.

Serena nodded as she took a sip of the strange drink. She couldn’t quite place it, it was an odd beverage but she couldn’t say that she hated it. Serena put the cup down on a saucer and began.

"Yes, that is the reason I’m here, Lady Glacia.” Serena said with all the formality her years of tutelage could muster. Not once as a girl did she ever think she would be sitting face to face with a real alien negotiating the future of Earth. It took all of Serena’s energy to not shudder.

I got this, I can do this, she thought. The people back home are relying on me...

“The Saiyans are subjects of the Earth. They have no homeworld and have lived on my planet their entire lives. As such, their participation in your civil war is a favour from the Earth. General Spicer did not invade us, and came only to ask for their help. I believe it is only fair that Earth is compensated for being put at risk,” Serena said confidently. Maybe she could do this?

Glacia smiled as she took another sip.

“Yes, the Earth will be compensated,” Glacia conceded. “It is my understanding General Spicer left a garrison on your world, partially because of some rebel issues? You are already benefiting from the PTO, and the good general has even allowed some sharing of technology? I will leave the garrison under your command and continue our research agreement, and as compensation for using the Saiyans and others, if I win the war the Earth will remain a protected region in the PTO: you will be exempt from all further taxation and drafts and have the power to accept or refuse extraterrestrial visitors to your world provided, but the three Saiyans will officially remain soldiers of the PTO.”

“Provided,” Serena quickly said. "Provided they remain on the Earth garrison. The Earth is their home, and I cannot let them be separated from their friends and family indefinitely.” Serena spoke firmly, and while the future leader of Earth expected some pushback, Glacia seemed as demure as ever.

“That is acceptable,” she smiled. “All provided we win this war. If I lose, there is no guarantee Floe or my other relatives will offer you anything close to this. Floe will likely destroy your planet, based on what Spicer has told me about it,” Glacia said with a morbid laugh.

Serena couldn't find any humour in the situation and stayed quiet. What is with Glacia? Serena couldn’t seem to get a read on her at all...

“I suppose you want this formalised, Serena,” Glacia suddenly said as all humour in her voice vanished. Before the Earth girl could reply, Glacia held up one of her dainty hands. “I took the liberty of writing it up beforehand,” the Arcosian told her as she brought a tablet written in two scripts, the first the same kind Serena saw on Spicer’s ship, and the second in the language of Earth.

"How did you...” Serena started as she read over the document. It was all very official-looking and laid out the agreement she and Glacia just discussed.

“I guessed beforehand,” the alien said with a smile as she folded her hands together across the table. “And as for the script, our computers were able to decipher it quite easily.” Serena wasn’t sure what to make about all of this, her mind was reeling with a thousand thoughts. The young woman nervously took another sip of her alien tea before she moved on.

"That aside, I heard you were interested in my magic,” Serena said, trying to sound confident and hoping it came across. If there were any doubts in the princess’ mind, Glacia didn’t seem to pick up on any lingering uncertainties.

“Yes,” Glacia said with a nod and unfolded her hands. “Yes, I am very interested in that. What you call magic is a known phenomenon in the galaxy, among some scholars, but what I saw you doing in the Throne Room was like nothing I have seen personally.” Glacia’s violet eyes seemed to light up. Again, Serena wasn’t sure what this all meant or how she should take the alien princess’ words.

"What does that mean? Did Spicer tell you about the gravity room?,” If Serena expected a yes, Glacia’s reaction betrayed that guess. For the first time in the meeting, Glacia was the one who seemed confused and unsure.

“No, he never mentioned anything about that,” Glacia admitted before she took another sip of her tea.

"Oh, it isn’t important then,” Serena quickly said with an awkward laugh and a wave of her hand. "But is there anything you might have to help me learn more about magic?”

Glacia made a slight humming sound as she mused over Serena’s question.

“Magic is the practice of harnessing universal energies and extradimensional forces to manipulate one or more aspects of the infinite realities that are present within the Multiverse. It encompasses many different activities, including astral projection, divination, spell casting and teleportation,” Glacia said, seemingly in a single breath. “The phenomenon itself is tied directly to the user.” The explanation left Serena only more confused, though. My magic doesn’t sound like that…

“So it’s something that can be taught, but what about you know, not being taught it?” Serena seemed to ask both Glacia and herself, as the young woman looked down at her hands as she did so. ”Like just doing magic without trying...”

“I do not know about that, my dear,” Glacia said with a shake of her head, but the princess’ eyes betrayed her thoughts. Did she know something more? Serena couldn’t be sure, but something about Glacia’s reply made it all the more mysterious.

“That said,” Glacia quickly continued. “From what I saw you do in the Throne Room, and from what General Spicer told me about your battle with the cyborg on your homeworld, your magic behaves like the kind I have studied, even if its origins remain, well, oblique.”

"So what does that mean for me?”

“You think too much, darling. Continue your exercises, do some training with Lottus, and try to relax.” Glacia seemed to notice that this caused Serena some distress and the tiny alien rose from her chair and floated over to her Earthling counterpart.

“Dearest sister,” Glacia said as she placed her hands over Serena’s. “We are very much alike; we have both lost family and burdened with not only great personal power but great responsibility as well. If anything else, know that you have the right to lead by the grace of your twin gifts.”

Serena wasn’t sure what to say, but she sensed that Glacia was being honest with her, at least at the moment.

"T-thank you, Glacia,” Serena managed to mutter with a slight smile. The alien woman recalled her hands and floated back over to her seat.

“I should probably let you go,” she said. “But if you need anything before you leave, my door is always open.” Seren rose and gave Glacia a bow, which the alien reciprocated.

“Oh, can someone lead me back to the ship?” Serena asked as the door opened. The last thing the Earth woman wanted was to get lost…

“Yes, of course,” Glacia said with a nod. The Arcosian approached a device that Serena could only presume was some kind of intercommunication device and pressed it. “Princess Serena would like to return to the ship,” Glacia spoke into it. A few minutes later, the door to the drawing-room opened and one of Glacia’s alien soldiers stood at attention, ready to escort Serena back to her room.

Well, it could have gone worse...
Last edited by Britanania on Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:38 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:...

"I think that is one ritual that needs to be discarded if you ask me. I'm all for ritual propriety but not if the ritual is like that. I say cosplayers need to adopt new rituals. Maybe a dance or song?" She suggested as she plopped an eyeball into her mouth. As she bite down on the eyeball and made it explode in her mouth the woman heard what Ovan said about convincing Glacia to create Earth oriented food.

"I think maybe if they add in a few more spices the food would taste just as great as the stuff we have from Earth. Though truth be told I still think my mother's cooking is better than this. But the cook did an admirable job with this meal." She told him.

"But speaking of our little princess I noticed something about her. You guys noticed that her tail moves at a few points during our meeting. Now her face was neutral for most of it, but I suspect her tail gave away her feelings." She let a smile form. "If my hypothesis is correct then that means she is  like a cat which is precious!" The mage squealed in joy, holding her cheeks with her hands. "Is it wrong to want to pat her on the head?"

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:36 am

Danuja

Danuja stared at her plate wondering what was better to ingest first. The neon pink meat or the ultra marine mashed stuff. Grabbing a spoon, she dug into the mashed goo. It slid down her throat and left an odd taste in her mouth... but it wasn't entirely unenjoyable. Slimy, yet satisfying overall.

Seeing Nymph approach the table, Danuja finished up her blue slime and began to dig into the chunks of meat on her plate. These were signifigantly better overall, reminding Danuja more of a well cooked stake than anything else. Soon after she was mimicking Nymph in her voracious feeding habits, her mouth becoming black hole for anything put in front of her. The food was strange at first, the tastes completely new, but the meal was overall enjoyable. At least this horror show had edible food. That hollow feeling started to come back, but was quickly replaced with the feeling of being fed.

Danuja joined back in on the conversation about conventions and cosplay. She had gone once when Lex had invited her, but hadn't really found the experience enjoyable. A bunch of sweaty guys flocking around her thinking she shared their weird kink because she had a tail. Not really her scene. When the conversation shifted back to Glacia, Danu chimed in "While I can see the merit in your idea, do you really think that it's a great idea to either pat a being far beyond anything any of us have encountered on the head, or compare her to a cat?"

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:15 am

Ikki Kita, defender of Earth!

Everyone else seems to have gotten better dishes than Ikki got... and his mind really wasn't going to accept something which looked like an alien creature turned into ooze. To resolve this conflict between mind and stomach, the young Saiyan chose to pull off a trick. He pulled off his left glove, stretched it as far as he could, and wrapped it over his head like a blindfold. After shaking his head to clear it of any memory of what the dish looked, he continued eating it as normal.

It had a... fishy taste, sort of. The eyes - were they eyes, or did they just kinda look like eyes? - were very salty and fleshy, kind of like an over-salted chicken. While eating, Ikki passively listened to the conversation which sparked between Ovan and Nymphaea - first about this nebulous activity called "cosplay", which was apparently dressing up with a lot of deodorant not involved, then about the taste of the food, which Ovan didn't like so much, but Nymphaea was more apologetic towards. Having finished his plate, Ikki placed it down and pulled off his blindfold, speaking:

"It could taste worse, but it could also look far, far more appetizing from the outside."

After the cosplay talks concluded, Nymph brought up something else - Glacia, which the Saiyan woman kept basking in the cuteness of. Ikki leaned back to his chair, staring to the ceiling and recalling the Arcosian in his thoughts.

"I dunno, I don't think she'd react to that lightly." he replied. "I expected something a lot more scary and muscular for someone who is supposed to be this powerful... I suppose that's a part of the strategy. You see someone who looks like a little child and couldn't possibly hurt anyone. Let your guard down. Then boom. A gazillion power level."

"That's fair. I suppose Earth still has works of genius to value, then. My research does not extend to just Saiyans, either. It might seem surprising with how youthful I look, but I am over eighty years old - genetic manipulation is a pathway to abilities many would consider to be unnatural." the scientist replied, then suddenly rose from his seat. This might be... crazy. And on the surface, it stands against all of his work in the name of keeping the Earth safe in this enormous, uncaring galactic scene. But... it provided an unbelievable opportunity as well.

"You are clearly interested in my research, so how about an agreement over it?" Kita spoke, tapping his cane upon the floor and resting his hands upon it. "Ikki, myself and a few others are the only test subjects I've had access to, and while this has given me plenty of insight into what genes cause one's connection to ki, and how to improve them, there is only so much I can figure out from this material. You are embroiled in a war against your siblings and surely need every single trap card at your disposal. And as long as you grant me the resources, equipment, and test subjects I need, I can provide dozens of such trap cards.

Kita struck a faint smile. "Of course, I have my conditions, but in principle, this pact would benefit us both. I will be able to further my research, and you will be provided with means to genetically enhance your soldiers. And if you need any proof that this will give your armies an edge... well, just wait and watch Ikki grow."
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:19 am

The mage found another snail in the bowl but unlike the one that got away the one on her chopstick was obviously dead as it hung limply between the utensils. She would suck the snail out of the shell and be met with an oddly tangy yet savory taste. She still found the sweet taste of the worm noodles to be her favorite.

When Danuja mention if it was a good idea on patting Glacia on the head or comparing her to a cat the mage shrugged. "I'm not going to call her that in her face, I'm not that crazy. But a mage can still dream right?" She stick the chopsticks into the food. "But if my theory is true than if we figure out all of her tail movements we can have a better chance of understanding how she feels and we can avoid making her angry."

When she heard what Ikki said Nymphaea nodded. "I concur. My mother barely reach 5 foot but she is honestly the most powerful mage I know." She grabbed another tentacle. "To be honest I think she would have been a better choice to be here instead of me or my sister. Those two are more powerful mages than me." Nymphaea admitted with reluctance. Feeling sullen she began to suck in the tendril.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:09 pm

Naval Monte wrote:Nymph

Ovan gave Nymph a well-deserved chuckle for pointing out Glacia's mannerisms being akin to that of a cat. "Well. Honestly, maybe you find her cute, which, hey, no judgment from me, but as funny as it would be to watch you try to pat her on the head, you're never going to catch me doing that. Though I find it amusing that you're comparing a space tyrant to a spoiled house cat." He said as he finished his "food." "Even if it's not entirely inaccurate."

"If you don't want her to get angry, do what she says, don't call her a house cat, probably don't try to pat her on the head. Pretty much all of those things can easily be misconstrued as being condescending. So I imagine that as long as you kill whoever she wants you to, you'll avoid her wrath." He said and went to go put his tray up. He did finish up training a little earlier than he'd expected, and was too full to immediately jump back into it, so he figured a few hours of some mental training that he'd been slacking on a bit would do him some good.

Not that he'd ever admit it, but something about everything had been bothering him, so it was probably better to just put it out of his mind and just do what needed to be done.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:09 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:...

"Well space tyrant or not I can't deny what I observe and she is a space kitten." The mage chuckled as she stuffed more of the wiggling noodles, pulsing meat, and mushy rice goop onto her mouth. As she chewd her food she heard more on what Ovan had say about her theory.

"Trust me I know that following that temptation will cause trouble. But still it's almost criminal for something that cute to exist and be as powerful." She told him. "Though I'm surprised you seem to have eaten that meat with no problems Ovan. Was it good? I might order it the next time I come here."

Collab with Naval and Brit

"Don't lose your cool Nymph. Just stay calm and don't do anything stupid while in front of her." The mage thought as she paced back and forth in front of the door. Something she has been doing for a few minutes now.

Now that her turn has come to discuss with Glacia the mage found herself incredibly scared to enter. The memory of her embarrassing first meeting and her power replaying in her mind like a broken record, making her anxiety grow. Suddenly, as if on its own, the door to Glacia’s drawing-room opened.

The mage let out a small squeak in surprise as she lightly jumped away from the door, startled by the sudden noise and movement. With the door open she gulped as she slowly walked into the room. She saw more of the biomechanical decor with the living statues that cover it and the skeletal furniture.

It didn't take her long to find Glacia, the mage squinting her eyes due to her aura before they can adjust to it. "Hello Lady Glacia. You wish to see me?" The nervous mage asked. She immediately began to kick herself for acting like a scared child. 

Glacia rose from her chair and floated over to greet Nymphaea. 

“Yes, thank you for coming, Lottus, or, do you prefer Nymphaea?” 

Nymphaea looked at the chair that Glacia was sitting on as she floated away from it, seeing its black and sleek parts mixed with mechanical bones. Wondering how she can sit on it?

"You can call either one. I prefer Nymphaea but Lottus is my Saiyan name or my real name as Spicer seems to think so." She told her. "So… is there anything you wish to discuss?"

The Arcosian offered Nymphaea a seat as she returned to her previous chair. Before she replied, Glacia moved over what looked like a set of chess boards, albeit three tiered and with ghoulish pieces.

“I am told you play a similar game on Earth,” Glacia told her, seemingly ignoring the Saiyaness question. “I would very much enjoy it if you would play with me.”

The Saiyaness had some reservation on sitting on the creepy looking chair but not wanting to be rude she did it anyway, shifting on the seat to find a comfortable spot. She was right about it feeling uncomfortable. "It feels like I'm sitting on a metallic boner! How can she sit on this thing?"" the mage thought as she was wishing to float in the air instead of sitting on the chair. 

Her eyes soon went to the three tiered board game. She was surprised to hear that the princess wishes to play with her. "I guess a few of the aliens I played shogi with told Spicer about it and he told you in turn?" Her eyes went back to the board. "I'm willing to give this game a shot. It can't be too different from the board games I played back on Earth."

“Excellent,” the alien said as she moved the first piece. The piece moved seemingly on its own, without any touch from Glacia. The Arcosian gestured to Lottus.

“No, it was not magic; I moved it with my mind, like the door earlier,” she said with a childish grin. “Who did you study magic under? Do you have many great mages on Earth?”

Nymphaea looked in awe as the piece moved on it's own. Almost as though she anticipated her question she explained that it wasn't magic, but her mind that allowed her to move the piece. "Can you teach me that power?" She asked, reaching over to move another piece.

When asked if she was taught by a great mage back on Earth she smiled and nodded. "Yes. My teacher was Alexandria Ashwood. She found me when I turned into the Great Ape and battled it until dawn. She raised me as her own daughter after that. Teaching me everything about life besides magic." She thought about whether to share the truth about the Order with Glacia.

"But when she couldn't I had my sister teach me… and others." She admitted. "My mother is a busy woman. She couldn't see me leave because she was still away on an important business." 

“She sounds like an incredible woman,” Glacia replied as she moved yet another piece, this time on the middle board. “I shall like to meet her, when this war is over. So your sister is a mage as well, no doubt trained by your mother?”

Nymphaea nodded as she moved a piece on the top board. "Yes. She had been training as one before I arrived. She is poised to take my mother's responsibilities once she steps down. But that won't be for a long time now. Mages from where I live tend to live for much longer than most humans on Earth and age much slower. They can live up to 200 years without using life extending potions and aging only starts to affect them once they are 120. A fact that honestly my mother seems to forget considering how defensive she gets when her age is brought up." The saiyaness chuckled.

“My my,” Glacia said as she manoeuvred another piece. “It appears that you mages on Earth are rather organised.”

Nymphaea remained motionless for a while when Glacia said the mages were organized. This was the moment of truth. All this was to slowly build up to the truth. She figured that the princess can move objects with her mind, she might also read others thoughts, those two powers often come in pairs. She wasn't sure if she could see into other people's minds or had precognition and was playing mind games so future versions of the characters reveal the secrets to her, if she keeps what she knows a secret she might risk angering her.

But at the same time… Can she so easily expose the existence of the Order? Nymphaea finally moved a piece without thinking much on the placement. Some of the mages were like family to her outside of the adopted one. Right now they are hidden from the PTO so if she exposed them who knows what will happen to them?

"Some of us are organized. Some mages like being alone because they can't trust others. Others instead form into groups for mutual aid and protection. The most common of the groups are magi families, but secret cults and societies are also common." 

Glacia made a slight humming sound as she mulled over her next move, or perhaps mull over the information Nymphaea provided her. After some deliberation Glacia went on the attack and took the first of the Saiyaness’ pieces on the bottom board.

“And I draw first blood,” she said with a nod. “So what about your family? It seems you are among the organised groups of mages.”

Nymphaea squinted her eyes at the loss of her first piece. The earlier mood she was in was now gone, replaced by a focus determination as she moved another piece this time on the middle board. 

"Yes, my family is the organized type. But we also are a part of a secret society and are important members to it. My mother is in fact the leader of it with my sister most likely taking over after she steps down. Hopefully due to retirement, not all poart leaders got that option."

“No, I suppose many might die fighting interdimensional threats,” Glacia said rather casually as she moved her next piece and took another of Lottus’ defenders.

Hearing her mention interdimensional threats so casually made the mage pause. Her hands remained still as she looked at Glacia with surprise. "What did you say?" She heard what the princess said clearly. But she needs to hear it again, just to confirm that her growing suspicions are indeed true.

“Does your mother and sister not fight interdimensional threats?” Glacia asked, somewhat taken aback.

Nymphaea nodded. "They do. But how did you know about that? No one knows that there are other dimensions, not even the royal princess now queen."

“Oh, I suppose the Earth is less informed than other places, I should have assumed,” Glacia added with a slight grin as she gestured back to the board.

"You mean magic is known elsewhere in the galaxy!?" The shock mage asked. In hindsight it shouldn't be surprising but still the idea that it might be public knowledge was baffling for her. 

"We keep magic a secret back on Earth. In general most are afraid of how most people will react to magic's existence, or to be more precise, we fear that the proliferation of magic might cause more trouble than good. Trying to become a mage has its own issue that limits the amount of mages that can be present, the fact some become corrupt by their power or are driven mad by it is another issue." She would move another piece on the top board and finally take a piece. Nymphaea let a small smirk form after that.

"Trying to defend people from interdimensional threats becomes much harder if we have to deal with an increase of wild magic and mad wizards after all. Keeping it hidden just feels like the right thing to do for everyone's sake."

“The existence of magic is well known,” Glacia explained as she contemplated her next move, “it is only that certain magical orders are known to a few members of the PTO.” Glacia finally picked a piece and struck again, taking another of Lottus’ pawns.

Nymphaea was now shocked. There were orders similar to hers!? They weren't the only mages either, there are others! "I need to know about them!" She shouted. "The Order back home will be ecstatic on learning this news!" The excited mage nearly squealed in delight on knowing about magic from alien mages. So much that she did not realize that she just revealed the Order's existence by accident.

As one piece fell the mage would take another piece from Glaica. The alien merely smiled, despite losing a piece. Glacia quickly counter-attacked and regained some of the lost ground.

“I can show you the library later, if you are so inclined, but I have a feeling your mother and sister are aware there are other mages.”

The mage pouted as her attempt to gain ground was foiled. But soon it would be replaced by confusion when she mentioned that her mother and sister are aware of there being other mages. "What? How can they be aware of them? We don't have spaceships like your people?" 

She pondered over the question until a thought came to her. "Unless they never met physically or at least not in space." She said, thinking of the one location mages would travel to both physically and by astral means.

“Ah, there's the rub,” Glacia said with a toothy grin, her tail moving about excitedly like a cat after a kill. 

When she looked at her tail moving she internally squealed because it reminded her like a cat. The urge to either hug or or give her a head pat was growing but she can still fight it. It was obvious the princess knew about Yggdrasil. "Where did you learn about magic and other dimensions? No, how long has the PTO known about it?" She moved another piece and took out another pawn from the princess.

“I cannot say with any certainty how long the PTO has been aware of it, but I learned of it from my grandmother, Empress Arctica, before she died,” Glacia said as she again went on the offensive, taking a piece from Nymphaea on the middle board.  

As Nymphaea took a piece from the top board she would ask. "Was she a mage or was she just aware of them? I will guess she learned it from either a lone mage or a group of them? " 

“No, there are no mages in my family,” Glacia said as she moved another piece. “The Emperor knows much, and is privy to secrets few others in the galaxy know. Members of the PTO Executive Council similarly hold secrets few know about.”

Nymphaea moved another piece as a strategy was now forming in her head. "I'm curious as to how you discovered those secrets as mages by nature aren't the type to be forthcoming with their secrets. At least the ones from Earth are like that."

“The mages I am aware of are of a similar disposition,” Glacia countered as she moved into a defensive position in the centre of the middle board. 

Nymphaea moved another piece on another spot to prepare for a future attack. The mage looked at the boards as she rubbed her chin. "Your ancestors had three ways of getting this knowledge. They were given it, which while extremely rare isn't unheard of. If not given willingly then you most have taken it from an abandoned sanctum of a deceased mage or defunct order, possibly with them already dead or they were the ones that destroyed them." She explained. "That's how it usually goes with us mages."

“Are you sure about that?” Glacia asked as she took the piece Nymphaea just moved. "Not really." She said as she used another piece to take the one Glacia used. "My next suspicion is that someone in your family was once a mage or knew someone close that was and you got your knowledge through them."

“Perhaps, perhaps,” Glacia seemingly conceded as she took a few moments to think about her next move. “In a few moves this game will be over,” Glacia predicted as she moved into an attacking position. “There might be much about mages you are not aware of.”

The Saiyaness was slightly nervous over what was going through the princess's mind as she stopped but she didn't show it. "I'm well aware of that. I'm still learning all there is about magic, the other realms, and to be a mage… as well as myself now." The woman grew somber on that statement.

“Both you and Serena have incredible gifts,” Glacia told her with a smile. “I look forward to seeing where they take you.”

Nymphaea smiled a little. "Thank you for that. I've tried really hard to reach where I am now." She told her. "Now I wonder if you people ever found a city full of mages." She chuckled, trying to make the question sound like a dumb joke.

“Or an entire planet,” Glacia offered with a slight chuckle of her own. “But that would be absurd…”

Nymphaea laughed while scratching the back of her head. "Yes. I mean how can any mage hide if everyone in a city was a mage, let alone a whole planet." A small part of her mind wondered if there was some truth to her joke. But even if there was the idea of everyone on a planet being mages was still absurd because awakening the nodes and circuits of a few people was hard enough. The idea of doing it to everyone on a planet would be criminal due to the amount of deaths that would occur. 

Glacia gestured back towards the board, inviting Nymphaea to continue.

“Do you think your mother keeps any secrets from you?” Glacia then asked, seemingly switching subjects.

Nymphaea looked back at the board and moved a piece to flank one of Glacia's. The question of whether her mother keeps secrets from her surprised her for a moment. She wasn't expecting that. "I… I suspect she does." Nymphaea answered. "She told me a few personal secrets but I think when it comes to some things she's still being evasive."

“I believe it is a strength of leaders to keep things from people,” Glacia casually said as she moved another piece into position.

Nymphaea was silent as she moved another piece on the bottom board. "Then I still have more to learn with that." She admitted. "Still there were some secrets I figured out on my own… a few I wish I never knew."

Within moments, Glacia telekinetically moved a piece to capture the one Nymphaea just manoeuvred. It appeared that she was nearing victory.

“Some secrets are better left obscured,” Glacia conceded, “but a mage has a special responsibility with her knowledge, just as a leader does.” 

Nymphaea glared at the piece that was bringing the princess closer to victory. In retaliation the mage would claim another piece from the princess. "Knowledge is something we seek but knowledge itself is worthless without the will to act on it." She replied back to agree with Glacia's statement about mages bearing special responsibilities with their knowledge. "But so must we take care not to let our knowledge fall into the wrong hands nor abuse the power our knowledge gives us."

“Exactly,” Glacia said as she moved another piece into position. “And that is why leaders must keep secrets from their subordinates.”

Nymphaea would take another piece from Glacia. "I suppose that means you won't teach me how to use psychokinesis huh?" She said with a chuckle.

“No, I am afraid I will not,” Glacia said with a grin and she moved her final piece. 

“And with that, your king is dead,” she announced.

"Figures as much." She saw her king being taken and the Mace sigh. "And just like that I lost. I'm just glad I manage to take a few pieces from you. So it wasn't an embarrassing defeat for me." She would extend her hand to the princess. "Good game your highness."

Glacia looked at the Saiyaness hand and back at her eyes and smiled.

“Yes, thank you for indulging me, Lottus. I hope we can play again some day.”

The mage put her hand away once it was clear the princess didn't understand what the gesture meant. "Me too. Perhaps we can even try out an Earth game if you are interested. I have a few back in Spicer's ship." 

“Perhaps, once this war is over, I would like that very much,” Glacia said with a nod.

The mage smiled. "Let's hope we both survive to see that day." She thought for a moment. Looking around in the room she would still see the same arcane phenomenon but find that she didn't feel as though there was another presence in the room besides the princess. A fact she very much enjoys.

"I wonder just how you made this palace? How can you mix metal and flesh like this?" The mage pondered if she should tell her about what she has felt and seen in the palace. 

“In fact, I did not make this palace,” she said. “This used to be a temple.”

"Oh?" That caught the mage's attention. "Who made this temple? Are the makers still around?" 

Glacia shook her head.

“No, they went extinct about ten thousand of your years ago. They are mostly forgotten about, save for scholars such as myself. It is said they were very powerful practitioners of magic, though.”

The mystery of the temple builders now has her intrigued. "What were they like and what ever happened to them?" 

“They were largely avian in appearance,” Glacia said as she put a finger to her chin. “But that is speculation, as biological records are sparse. The images you see in this building are believed to be their depictions of the gods. As for whatever happened to them, scholars disagree if they killed themselves in a civil war or ascended to a higher realm of consciousness. The consensus is that they influenced later races, in particular, my ancestors.” 

The mage looked very interested in what the princess was telling her, her mind imagining just what the temple builders were like and what secrets they knew. "Suddenly the creepy status makes a lot more sense. I suppose their presence did help in preventing immoral behavior occurring within the temple along with religious reverence. But I have to wonder why they chose to go for this fusion of flesh and metal?" It was now Nymphaea's turn to put her fingers on her chin.

"The builders are gone but their magic is still present in the building your majesty. I can see and feel it. I'm not sure if we can ever figure out the truth on what happened to them but I must confess to you about something." She looked at the room, particularly behind the princess as she could have sworn to have seen movement from behind her. "Ever since I stepped foot in here I've had this feeling that we're being watched. That even when we are alone we aren't." She would let out a chuckle.

"Of course I'm the only one who has even felt that. So maybe I'm going mad but a part of me can't shake off the feeling that the builders never truly left the temple." 

“Oh, I suspect you are correct that part of them still lingers here,” Glacia said. By now the Arcosian’s tail moved about as it often did when she got excited. “I must confess I adore old and sad places like this. I am glad you have some appreciation for this place, everything considered.” 

The mage gave a nervous chuckle. "Well I live in an old place too. But I wouldn't call it sad, rustic feels about right for my home. It's made of wood and stone instead of flesh and metal. It's rather simple when compared to this place honestly, with many a few buildings matching it in terms of grandeur." The idea that she was right on the builders still being around filled her with both excitement as she wasn't going crazy as she feared. But dread was also accompanying her excitement as now she has to deal with ancient ghosts in the temple.

But her fears were slightly eased as she saw the princess tail moving about, the tail and the increased illumination of her aura told the mage that the princess was excited from their talk. The mage barely suppressed her squeal she had on her theory being correct. The mage wished she could just hug the adorable creature before her but is reminded quickly of her power. 

"If we get the chance to play some Earth games maybe you can share with me some of the scholarly knowledge you know? I want to know more about the universe and not just the magic side of things. Also you mentioned that the builders influenced other races including yours. How did they do so?"

“It is believed that they were the first race to discover faster than light travel in our galaxy, and that temples like this were centres of learning even as their society collapsed. Some scholars also believe they were the first to use magic.”

"They were the first magic users!" The Saiyaness uttered with surprise. She knew that aliens most likely can do magic and it was most likely it was an alien that first discovered the mystic arts. But to find out that she was in the building of the first masters of the mystic arts… it felt overwhelming. It felt like she was now in hallowed grounds. "Is using a place this sacred as a palace and a military base a good idea?" The mage said with concern. 

Nymphaea was wondering if the spirits that are most likely haunting the palace might not be pleased with what is the current use for their temple? "How did they discover Faster than Light travel and magic? Are the other technologies they had influenced other civilizations?" 

Glacia merely shrugged.

“The historians debate that to this time, but archeological sites are largely off limits because many of their centres are occupied by mages who resist outside interference.”

"How do those other mages react to people who come to them? I want to know if the behavior Earth mages have is similar to their alien counterparts."

The alien princess rubbed her chin.

“From most beings, they maintain a  policy of strict secrecy and use all of their powers to feign that they are anything save mages. It goes so far, I am told, that non-mages cannot marry into mage lines.”

Nymphaea nodded. "That sounds about right. The same thing plays itself on Earth, including the rule forbidding the marriage of those who aren't magi. Do they live in monasteries as well? Some being almost like villages or towns?"

Glacia let out a slight chuckle.

“Yes, you could say that, not unlike on Earth, I take it?”

Nymphaea shuffled in her seat. "Kinda. I know of one location like that. Most of those sites are often hidden behind powerful glamours and compulsion gas that makes people ignore them and to turn away from them after all."

“Ah, like the one you grew up in?” Glacia asked with a slight smile.

The mage was silent for a few seconds. "Yes." She reluctantly admitted. "I was raised in such a city after my mother found me. That is the only hidden city of magic that I'm aware of."

“How very typical,” Glacia said with a toothy and mischievous grin. "But I rather like to think the one I live in is the only one of it's kind on Earth. It makes it feel unique." Nymphaea replied back with a small smile.

“It is the small things, after all,” Glacia added with a nod before she grew quiet. “Well, Miss Lottus, I want to thank you again for indulging my passions, but I am afraid I must have taken up too much of your free time. The days and weeks ahead of you will be long and arduous, but try not to forget the lessons from our little game.”

The mage nodded. "I won't. It was nice having a chance to get to know you. I believe I might have to help your royal "sister" with her training." She said calmly. "Spicer is a skilled warrior but I feel he is at a loss when it comes to the princess's powers."

“Perhaps,” Glacia admitted. “The General may prove useful in teaching Serena other things, though,” Glacia said cryptically. “That, however, is something we shall later see.”

The mage pondered on what she meant by Spicer teaching the princess other things? For now it wasn't a major concern unless he was to gravely harm her, the princess wasn't defenseless despite her dainty build. The magic she had was a metaphysical wild card. It was a mystery to her as much as it was to Spicer.

"I will have to leave now. I need to go through some training of my own to better control my Ki. I feel like I'm close to making something but I still haven't refined it yet." She told the princess as she got up. "My ghost hunting now will change too now that I know what is going on. But I will continue to find more clues to these builders." She gave Glacia a bow. "I hope you have a nice day princess." The mage would turn around and begin to walk out of the room.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:18 pm

After a week sojourning on Planet Glacia 24601, the day came when Glacia called the group of humans and their Saiyan companions back into her throne room. Of course, given the nature of the Palace, marking the days was a bit of a challenge and any of the group who were about to join Spicer would be forgiven for not feeling that the passage of time worked as they were used.

In any event, as they had that first day, the Arcosian princess met them in the full assembly of her court. A sense of agitation and some gloom hung over the court, more pronounced than during their first meeting with Glacia.

"You will be leaving with General Spicer today," she reminded them. "Accompanying you on this campaign will be 50,000 other soldiers within a small fleet. The general can provide you with more details of the plan, but aside from the army you are joining, my other forces will be launching attacks along the entire border of Floe's territory in an attempt to stretch her forces. You will be sent to strike eventually at the heart of Floe's defences and assault when the time is ready her capital world."

Glacia looked at the group.

"Are there any questions?"
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:08 am

Once the first impression receded and everything settled down, time began to flow faster and faster. Hours became days, spent training, sparring, practicing and learning a few handy techniques on the way. Until, finally, the day for their first mission in the war came. Ikki arrived to the assembly of the court all by himself, without his foster father - from here on out, the tasks which the two of them had gotten assigned was going to separate them for a while. And Kita did not want to interrupt his research with some ceremony, anyway.

Lady Glacia explained their task - while the Arcosian's forces pin down her sister's army, they and a smaller unit of soldiers would strike at the core of their defenses and assault her homeworld. To Ikki, this all looked like he was in the middle of a war movie, even the lingo used to describe their actions was the same - his father had a few lying around in his living quarters and the young Saiyan ended up watching them. Once he mapped out the operation in his head and thought it through from start to finish, however... a thought instantly popped into his head.

"Um, yeah, I've got a question..." Ikki spoke up, briefly raising his hand for a second before withdrawing it. "Will Floe be on the same planet? And, uh, what do we do if we come across her?"
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:45 am

The day has finally arrived. After spending many days either training her mind and body, studying her magic, ki, and everything she could about alien civilizations and worlds, exploring the palace for more secrets to its builders and hunting for their ghosts, the day has come for her to fulfill the mission that brought her away from her life as a mage from Earth to the stars. To fight in a civil war to decide the fate of the whole galaxy. The mage looked around to see the group standing before her. The ragtag of misfits who either like her were brought into the war due to their alien origins or joined because they had personal reasons to join in the war along with fighting for Earth's future. These former strangers who only had half of a month to learn about each other now need to fight with each other like they were blood brothers and sisters.

Glacia would make the briefing itself almost into a ceremony to bolster her grandeur and the importance of the mission, which was rather simple on paper. While her army distracted her sister's army they would sneak past the battle ro strike at Floe's base. The mage wants to say it is a full proof plan but from het experience nothing is ever full proof, any plan can easily fall apart when trying to make it into a reality. Ikki seemed to have had the same idea as her as he asked Glacia about what to do if they meet her sister.

"I agree with Ikki. We need to know if there is a backup plan in the event your sister is around or if oir infiltration doesn't proceed as smoothly as you believe it will. Also what sort of defenses are we looking at in Floe's base and are there any major combatants working for her that we should be aware of to either avoid fighting or to take out if spotted?"

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:40 am

As the talk turned towards Glacia's sister, the court began to murmur amongst themselves. If there was one factor that was plainly the deciding one, it was Floe herself who was worth perhaps all of Glacia's forces combined. Glacia, for her part, kept a neutral expression on her cherubesque face. The young alien princess pressed her pointer fingers together.

"Yes, Floe," she started. "Ideally, my sister will be distracted enough to leave her fortress and come out to fight against one of the other attacking forces. Your goal with this infiltration is to retrieve the Imperial Regalia." Glacia glanced at Ovan's--and Spicer's--direction as she mentioned it. "And bring it to me so that I can defeat Floe. You are best to avoid her altogether. Before you assault her capital, I will launch a full invasion that ought to provide the necessary time."

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:34 pm

Danuja

Glacia was crazy. That was the only explanation of why she could be so kind, and then rip it away from them after a week. Unless the would be Empress really hadn't done any of her research, what she was suggesting was no less than suicide.

Floe was hardly the problem with the plan, Danuja did have to credit Glacia on that front. But the young Saiyaness had read about Floe's capital world. A floating citadel, lurking among a ships graveyard potentially older than the current state of their galaxy, infinitely powered by the concentrated power of a captive dwarf star, inhabited by an insane race that could range from part machine, to almost human looking. There was a reason the hulls of a billion ships floated around Megiddo, and it appeared Glacia wanted a lot of her forces to become part of it. Then again, it dawned on Danuja that to a being like an Arcosian, soldiers must be like any other generic resource to be spent in war. They were simply ants after all.

Danuja let none of this slip past her face. She had become rather good at holding a poker face in the last month, whether it was from her own soul being drained from her or just plain old practice was a question even Danu couldn't answer.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:01 am

Nymphaea heard what the Arcosian said about her sister being distracted during the fight and it giving them the chance to infiltrate. Nymphaea felt that sacrificing her men like this was a bit callous even if it was a war. The gambit itself was also reckless as the team she composed for this mission is still untested. Either she has several backup plans in store in encase we screw up or she is really desperate to rely on us for this mission."

The mage was reminded of their game of chess. The alien princess was not only willing to sacrifice pieces to gain an advantage but was willing to find the right time and moment to strike at a percieved weak point. She wondered if this was how she saw this war? Almost like a game of chess?

"My next question is rather minor but I wish to know. What will be our roles within the team and our ranks in this army?" The mage asked. "Actually. What is our team name? If we are going to be a squad I believe we will need to give our squad a name."

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:46 am

Glacia smiled lightly as Nymphaea again opened up to ask a question, this time about their formal place in the hierarchy of the PTO's military structure. They were, after all, officially soldiers fighting on Glacia's behalf and Glacia nodded before she replied.

"I was going to let General Spicer inform you of that," she commented as she gestured towards the Saiyan warrior. "Your position is unique within the wider PTO army, as you will act as a modified squad under the direct command of the General." Glacia looked over at Spicer and he understood that Glacia turned the floor open to him. Spicer turned to his companions.

"Strictly speaking, you have no official name," he bluntly stated. "Officially, your team does not exist in a formal capacity. I will serve as your squad leader," Spicer said, his arms placed behind his back. "Serving as my Assistant Squad Leader will be Sgt. Ovan Fawkes," he nodded in Ovan's direction. "Pvts. Scallion "Ikki" Kita and Chay "Danuja" Sora will serve as the squad's Rifle Scouts with Pvts. Lottus "Nymphaea" Ashwood and James "Jim" "Smiling Fortune" Bowen as our two Specialists." Spicer then turned to Kita. "Last, our Combat Medic, Sgt. Shuichi Kita."

After Spicer's explanation, Glacia spoke back up.

"Princess Serena will act as a special adjutant under the General, not under his strict jurisdiction but acting in a support role," Glacia said with a grin, her tail again moving about.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:25 pm

Jim, Actually a Human After All?

It has been one week, one week since I pissed off the Master and just been working on different techniques. I could no longer use the Hadou as my Master had locked it away so I just started to work with not being seen. I...I was honestly afraid of this place without the drugs, cool as shit, but scary nevertheless. Glacia and Spicer were the biggest powers in this fortress and the young Empress just rubbed me the wrong way. She felt fragile, but she had power, power no one is supposed to have. Spicer I was more close to, I could feel the Sayian's energy throughout the world. It lit up like the same raging inferno I came to know and wanted to prove that I was strong enough to defeat him.

Yet him nearly killing me snuffed that out real quick. I know the joke was in poor taste, everyone told me so. Hell, I nearly died because of it and the Accosian gave me the most unconcerned look that I ever got anyone. Just that small glimpse in her eyes I could tell there was no sympathy for my plight.

"You brought that upon yourself." It was all that look ever said.

I...was so damn afraid that I couldn't do anything but laugh now that I thought about it. Only to realize that I could've suffered fate's worst than death.

So I trained how to just be stealthy. Out of people's way by calling upon the Rat Prince to teach me more Shadow Magic. The Prince was always the shifty of the bunch, one who held just as much power as the King but never listened to him. He always came to me in whispers and showed me glimpses of the Shadowlands, of beasts who were horrific and some places that looked like the one I was in. He showed me that there was much to be gained if only I followed in his footsteps.

I... I don't know about it. I never knew about walking that path. Walking the path like He Who Betrayed as that could wind me up on his doorstep and Kami, in his lazy wisdom, told me to never, ever go into that part of the Shadowlands. Even if I knew how to tap into the Shadow Magic of the Prince, open a portal and walk down that path I may never get out. Hence why we could never find He Who Betrayed, why other Agents use him as a warning.

However the Prince is useful, shadow magic couldn't just hide me from both magic and ki but could distort the world around me. It could allow my double to be more pronounced and varied. Remind me of a manga with people using magical manifestations based off music was how I perceived it but it wasn't that at all.

But I gotten better at it. Learned how to blend into the darkness and even have something special I was hoping to try out. However at the end of the week was all that I got to test my ideas out. Train with shadow magic had a lot more versatility but it left me emotionally trained.

This wasn't the surprised though. No, the very idea that we would being forced into this suicide mission was my tipping point.

Glacia wanted us to hit the capital with such a small force? This was a galactic war for Kai's sake! Ho...How could she expect us to be sent on a suicide mission to actually hit her in her heartland? No...no she expected this, she expected this because we are more powerful than her grunts. She wants us to be fucking commandos just to retrieve some royal jewelry?

I.. have no words for this mission, I couldn't say anything if I tried. I knew that it was my job as Agent to protect the Earth and I didn't mind killing as much as the next person but this! This was conscripting us to be her pawns as a back up plan, something commanders and politicians do! I... I....I....

I can't believe what I'm doing! I don't want to be here! This isn't my fight in many ways! This is only a job and I've been fucking around too much with my life! Hell I may not even survive this! I couldn't just accept this but I don't have a choice in this. I'm the Agent and it's my duty to protect the Earth, even if I don't anything left in my life but this.

As Spicer told our ranks, I used my shadow magic to conceal myself. No scouter or magical detection would find me but I just hid myself standing. Standing in the shame of me being here by force and the confusion of life flash before my very eyes.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:00 am

Old Man Kita stepped into the chamber just in time to hear General Spicer dictate everyone's roles in his squad. As it turns out, the scientist received the role of Combat Medic, an announcement which slightly surprised even him - but he merely cracked a faint smile, nodded and spoke:

"As long as I receive a few medics from your army to accompany me. I've got some experience in medicine, but I have no certificate to speak of." What satisfied him far less was just how Earth-like the organization of their squad felt. Military ranks, squad roles, privates, sergeants, generals... it was like they never left Earth and just travelled to South City or something.

Ikki, meanwhile, was more interested in what Nymph had just pointed out - that they need a team name. Spicer asserted that their squad had no official name...

"...which means it falls to us to come up with something." the young Saiyan spoke, lost in thought and clenching his chin. Nothing came to him, unfortunately, but it did not deter him from keeping that question tabbed in his mind regardless. "...I'll be damned if we don't have one by our second mission. That's... kinda important, isn't it?"

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Senator

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:38 am

Collab between The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune and Finland SSR
Earlier, in the palace

Danuja emerged from a healing pod, her latest session in the gravity room. She hated the liquid they used in the pods, something between a sludge and juice. Towling herself off, she redressed for her next training session. As she stepped into the hall, she spied a familiar face a little ways down it, caught up to the figure, and, grabbing the shorter males shoulder, said “Ikki, come on, I need a training partner.”

Having taken his turn in the gravity chamber a few hours ago, Ikki was making his way out of the mess hall when he got suddenly stopped by a hand onto his shoulder. The young Saiyan almost spilled his glass of juice from the yank, but steadied it just in time, turned around and replied:

“Huh, me? I-uh, if you need me, sure...”

“Yeah you. C’mon, I need someone to actually be able to fight against rather than some dummies and gravity. It’ll be fun. Plus, I feel like we haven’t had to talk and get to know each other yet” Something seemed to be making to normally more quiet Danuja bolder, but even to a close friend it would be difficult to tell what.

“Ah, yeah...” Ikki muttered in response. Aside from the times they’ve said hi to one another while passing by on Spicer’s ship, they’ve only really interacted twice, haven’t we? Enough for those two times to burn into his memory, at least. Back when Spicer first landed on Earth, and not too long ago in the cafeteria. Suddenly, however, he stepped forward with renewed vigor.

“Well, then what are we waiting for?” he called out and ran towards the gravity chamber.

Danuja raised an eyebrow at the youth’s sudden change in energy, but strode after him towards the chamber. When they arrived, she walked over to the control panel and said calmly “I’ve been working at 35x Earth for the most part, if you don’t mind that.” Before Ikki could respond, Danuja sealed the doors and turned up the knob for gravity, setting it to 35x.

Instantly, Ikki grit his teeth and clenched his fists, the pressure tugging onto him immediately, but he remained steady and replied:

“I’ve been keeping to 25 and 30 times myself, but I guess I wasn’t even aware that I could survive this high.” Maybe he was stronger than he thought. Dropping that thought to the side, however, Ikki assumed a basic fighting stance and charged forth, starting the battle with a powerful punch towards the other Saiyan’s gut.

Danu grinned, expecting the other Saiyan to charge. She had been working on a new technique she had come up with while training. If she got stronger from being angry, and being hit angered her, than in theory she should be able to boost her ki output by allowing herself to sustain hits. It was just a matter of channeling the pain correctly, something she believed she had figured out by now. As Ikki’s punch hit her gut, she felt the wind knocked out of her and the sting of the blow, which quickly evolved into the warmth of ki flowing through her body. Laughing a bit, she said calmly “I think I just figured out something great” before throwing a hook at the other Saiyan’s jaw.

The blow staggered Ikki and sent him stumbling back for a step, but the Saiyan soon steadied himself and moved back into his fighting stance. “Figured out what?” he called out before charging forth yet again. If striking Danu in the gut only made her laugh, then, to change things up, Ikki instead sent his elbow towards the gap between her eyes.

Danuja grinned as she allowed Ikki to charge, taking the blow to her face and blasting backwards into a wall. Like before, the pain roared for an instant before becoming to a pleasent burn throughout her body. Looking up, at Ikki, Danuja’s face was like a painting. A large purple bruise covered her forehead and nasal bridge, her pale skin providing some lighter tones, and burning red from the ki being expelled from her eyes. “I can turn pain into Ki!” Danuja blasted off the wall, aiming to land a flurry to Ikki’s gut and torso.

“What?”

Before Ikki could receive an answer, Danu’s barrage of blows barreled upon him, pummeling the young Saiyan across the gravity chamber. While he may have been able to more or less keep up with her beforehand, he could only barely mount a defense against the increasingly faster strikes. A few got blocked and deflected, but most of them struck him dead-on.

“You mean, like a technique or something?” Ikki called out, gritting his teeth, planting his feet and grabbing Danu’s incoming fist by the wrist, aiming to spin the woman and throw her at a wall.

Danu laughed as Ikki spun her and through her into the wall. She could feel the blinding pain once more, and once more it faded into power. She was beginning to see the techniques drawbacks though. Even if she couldn’t feel the damage, it was still there, making some of her movements rather awkward. Bouncing straight back at Ikki, Danuja aimed a jab at the other Saiyan’s face as well as a kick at his crotch.

While she may have been only slightly faster than her before, Danu’s pain empowerment had elevated her to a point where she was getting hard to keep track of. Ikki did not relent, however, taking the jab at his face head-on and squeezing his legs to pin down the girl’s foot as soon as it went between his thighs.

And she still hasn’t explained what she meant. With the little knowledge he had, a plan popped into his head. “You can’t keep powering yourself through pain forever - so I’m just going to take everything you’ve got until you can’t anymore!”

Still pinning down her foot, Ikki suddenly spun in place to try to slam Dani to the floor.

Danuja felt herself spin through the air as Ikki try to once more put her on the ground. This time however, she did not just take the attack. Instead, she contracted her leg to pull herself close to Ikki during the maneuver, before reaching out and trying to grab his leg in order to get him into a submission hold once the duo hit the ground.

As the two Saiyans fell to the floor, Ikki suddenly found himself pulled to the bottom and received the brunt of the impact. The wind got kicked out of his lungs and he released a pained grunt, but he did not stop for a second. Instead, Ikki sent his hand forward to try to grab Danuja by the collar, rip her out of the submission and slam her to the floor.

Danu watched Ikki’s arm come up and grab her collar. Unsure of his intention, she let him grab it and felt herself get slammed face first into the floor. For a brief second, nothing happened, as though Danu had been knocked out. Then, red fire like ki began to emenate from her body as she reached out trying to grab Ikki’s arm with both her hands so she could attempt to break it.

“W-wha-” Ikki barely managed to blurt out in surprise before he suddenly got tackled by the powered Saiyan. As soon as he realized what Danu was planning, he tensed his muscles in the upper arm to keep it in one place - that is, until an idea popped into his head. A crazy idea, but it just might work. While his opponent was still busy trying to break his arm, Ikki collected as much ki as he could in the other, then suddenly relaxed his muscles. In the exact same instant when the bones in his arm popped, Ikki tossed a full power energy blast straight at Danu’s face.

Danu took the blast to the face, feeling the burning sensation that it brought. Her her was pushed back as her head snapped back. Though the pain didn’t entirely leave her body this time, she still moved her face, now badly scorched, to meet Ikki’s gaze. For a second she appeared as normal as someone as injured as her could. Then her aura erupted once again, her body coated in red light as she attempted to throw Ikki into the air and land a bicycle kick to his head.

Ikki could do little but cover his face up with his upper arm when he found himself thrown to the air and promptly slammed back to the floor again. His body bounced several times as it rolled across the floor, releasing a pained grunt with each one, until it finally came to a halt and the Saiyan rose back to his feet. His broken right arm hanged limp from his injured body - not that it mattered as long as he still had a working left. Focusing his ki upon his fingertips, Ikki formed a second ball of ki, this time firing it forward as a one-handed energy wave.

Danu smiled as her kick landed, sending Ikki flying. Basing off of at least herself however, she knew that this would not be enough to send her opponent down for good. Even though her pain was still be used as fuel, she knew that she would either overload the ability soon, or her body would give out before her ki did. She had to finish this, and do it quickly. Seeing Ikki charge up another blast, she charged up an orb of red ki within her own. Instead of firing it however, she leaped forward in the air towards her opponent, using her own energy ball to “surf” on top of Ikki’s ki wave, aiming to land her foot on his still working shoulder, push him to the ground, and dislocate the joint in question.

Ikki’s awe of seeing Danu’s ki-surfing technique got instantly replaced by an agonized scream. This really wasn’t going his way - not when he’s got slammed down to the floor and effectively disarmed. And yet, the young Saiyan grasped at straws regardless - while Danu’s foot was still lodged in his shoulder, he suddenly lunged forth to try to bite her foot and spin-toss her with his teeth.

Danu felt a piercing pain in her foot and looked down to see Ikki biting her ankle and trying to throw her around. Say what you will about the kid, he had heart. Not wanting to hurt him anymore, Danu smiled and said “Good fight Ikki” before aiming her blast down at his head and letting a gentle but still forceful ki blast fire at his face.

“Wait wha-”

A short powerful ki burst later, Ikki’s resistance finally faded, his teeth let go of Danu’s foot and the young Saiyan’s body lied down on the floor for good.

Danu felt her body give out, the thrill of battle wearing off and the damage finally revealing itself. A couple things were broken at least. Trying to push herself off the ground proved to be a futile measure, resulting in Danu crawling on her hands and knees over to the control panel so that she could turn the gravity back to normal.

The relief was instant, allowing Danu to take a few moments just to enjoy the release of pressure on her body. Once she felt enough energy return to fully stand up, she slowly limped over to where Ikki laid, picked him up, and proceeded out into the hall to get the two of them healed up.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:30 pm

"Oh, there will be an entire support company of medics to assist," Glacia put in as Kita asked about assistance in his role as the squad's dedicated combat medic. "I think you would relish the opportunity to collect valuable data for your research and experiments," the Arcosian warlord said with a faint smile on her lips and the slight swaying of her tail. Moreover, I thought that you are unlikely to let another doctor operate or look after Ikki, given how important he is to your works on genetics."

Spicer, meanwhile, turned his attention to the young Saiyan as the issue of a squad name was again brought up. The veteran warrior frowned momentarily.

"I'm not against the idea of a squad name," he explained, "But I don't believe it is proper for the commanding officer to bestow such a moniker or sobriquet," Spicer said as he crossed his arms.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:54 pm

Britanania wrote:--

The mage was glad to hear that they would have other medical experts with them besides Kita. The mage still didn't have proof of him being an evil man but she felt if she was left under his care terrible things will happen to her. She rather trust herself with either her magic to reor any damages down to het body or one of the alien doctors. She rather not wake up to becoming the old man's latest test subject.

Her thoughts would move away from that to the squad name as Spicer mention he should be the one to decide it. "But can we still give suggestions for good names sir? Because I got one!" She told him as she jumped slightly with excitement. "What do you think of The Justice Friends for our team name?" The mage suggested, beaming with joy as she gave him a big smile.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:22 pm

Glacia let out a slight chuckle at the Saiyaness' suggestion for their squad name and looked at Spicer with a mischievous grin. The alien princess seemed to be enjoying herself and looked at the way Spicer seemed to squirm over the situation.

"What say you, General? Will you be known as leader of the Justice Friends?" she asked in a teasing and playful manner. Spicer crossed his arms and looked away from his friend and superior's gleeful glare as he mumbled out a response.

"That doesn't sound very dignified for a military unit," he managed to say. "Certainly not something that will strike fear and respect into the enemy..."

"I think you are being a little harsh, General," Glacia replied. "Unless someone else has another idea?" she asked, now turning her attention back towards the other members of the commando unit.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:15 pm

Justice Friends. Just the name idea, combined with Nymph's unwavering confidence while offering it, was enough for Ikki to smile and grin. The way how Glacia and Spicer reacted to the name only added to the absurdity of the entire ordeal. When the Saiyan general complained that the name did not sound intimidating enough, Ikki immediately perked up and replied:

"On the other hand, though, if our enemies hear that they're facing off against a team called not "Attack Squadron" or "Death Battallion", but "Justice Friends", maybe they won't fight us as hard. Or even defect! I mean, you would want to be a part of something called "Justice Friends", wouldn't you?"

As his mind started to wonder, the Saiyan raised his eyes to the ceiling and continued:

"Although, if that doesn't work, we could call ourselves the "Justice League" or something..."

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse