NATION

PASSWORD

Dragon Ball: Untold IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Wed May 26, 2021 7:33 pm

Royal Palace, Central City, Kingdom of Earth, Spring 507 AU

Elizabeth overhead the conversation going on with Ikki and Spicer as she drank the wine on her glass.

"There you are Ashwood." Elizabeth saw a short, balding, middle age man in a suit that was too tight on him approaching her. "I'm with the Treasury and I have a few questions to ask." he would not get a response from Elizabeth as she placed the glass on her lips.

"Your department is somehow spending more money than it normally earns. Infact I found a few files that showed some odd shipment of materials to Mars of all places. Do you mind explaining what is going on with that?"

Elizabeth glared at him as she put the glass away. "Did you tell anyone about that?" The man would shake his head.

"No. If anything I'm willing to keep these anomalies in the records a secret, but I will want something in exchange." Elizabeth saw the lecherous look on his eyes to know what he wants from her. "Give me your name and the address of your resident and I will visit you after this party is done." She told him as she began to down the rest of the wine.

The man was shocked by the news but feeling incredibly motivated he quickly took out a piece of paper and wrote down every relevant information Elizabeth would need to know where to find him and how to get in contact. When he gave her the note she was surprised to even see an email address attached as well.

"Let's hope tonight will be the start of a beautiful relationship between us, Ashwood." the man would give her a grin before he walked away.

Elizabeth look down at the note as Nymphaea walked up to her. "Who was that guy?"

Elizabeth turn around. "Just another leech clinging on to and suckling from Serena's teats without her realizing it yet." Elizabeth would leave her sister in confusion over the statement as she walked over to Spicer and Ikki.

When Selene asked if her children can stay over Elizabeth would announce her presence. "I don't see why they can't sleep over? They should have a day away from Maikai. Give them a chance to experience the mortal realm."

Elizabeth would turn to Ikki and give him the note. "I need you to find this guy's house and beat him up for me. Tell him if he thinks about screwing with me that I will make sure no one will ever find his body."

Elizabeth would hear Alexia from behind her ask. "Why does mommy want daddy to beat someone up."

Elizabeth turn back to see her daughter. "That's because that was a bad man who wants to hurt mommy. Now mommy can defend herself but if daddy beats up the bad man he won't be around to get in trouble."

Alexia put her finger on her lips as she tilted her head from side to side, contemplating what her mother told her.

"If this bad man is bad then why would daddy be in trouble for beating him up? You and daddy got awards for beating up bad people before. Why is this one different?" Elizabeth would crouch down and rub Alexia's hair. "You will understand when your older."

The words only made the green hair girl be annoyed. She muttered some words as she walked away to return back to the group of kids, squeezing the toy as it screamed.

In the same group Magnus was glaring at Faust as he played with the dagger. It was obvious that the boy was jealous at the gift the demon prince got. Sybille was more focused acting out as a supreme witch as she announced herself with elaborate and ridiculous titles while making different poses. Theodora was pouring juice on to a cup and was giving it to her new skull.

Elizabeth couldn't resist letting a smile form as she saw the kids.

"I sometimes wonder if what I have no is real or if I'm dreaming." she said absentmindedly.

Elsewhere in the room Alex would turn around to face Serena. "Ah, Serena. My latest pupil." she would give the queen a hug. "Have you been keeping up with your training? I hope the troubles of motherhood hasn't been too taxing on you? I can't imagine that it and ruling a planet can't be easy." she would let go of the queen.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Thu May 27, 2021 10:29 am

Star Sheriff Ikki

"I suppose I'll have to think about it one day," Ikki replied to Spicer, then, much like his fellow Saiyan, looked down to see Selene approach. Spicer's daughter immediately displayed her instilled politeness, referred to him as "Officer Kita" and requested to be able to keep his and Liz's kids for the night. Smiling, Ikki crouched down a bit to meet the girl at more even level.

"Come on, don't be like your dad. Everyone just calls me Ikki," he answered. "If they agree to stay, then sure, I have no problem with that."

Just in time, Liz joined in, giving her approval to the sleepover as well - and then pushed herself closer to Ikki, shoving a paper with an address written in unfamiliar handwriting on it into his hands and requested him to beat the tar out of the person there.

"A-wha-" Ikki mumbled under his breath. Already, Alexia caught wind of the insidious plot, and Liz revealed it to her as well, claiming that the person in that address was a bad man who needs to be punished - and yet, she was signing the task off to Ikki because Ikki won't get in trouble by just leaving the planet.

"Liz, that's a crime," Ikki replied, bluntly, then turned to Alexia. "Dad is not going to beat up some people for no reason. Sure, there are people who deserve it, but just annoying Mom is not reason enough."

"I'll... talk to whoever is there, I guess," he finally hushed as he placed the paper in his pocket.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu May 27, 2021 8:20 pm

Collab with Turk, Part One
Royal Palace, Central City, Earth, Spring 507 AU

Glacia took a moment to look at Tora-san’s hand. She knew from Spicer’s reports that hand-shaking was a custom on Earth, but also knew from Serena that typically the sovereign extends a hand first.

Still, Spicer mentioned this Yoshida is not the most formal of men, she mused.

The Empress of the Milkyway offered her hand to the Prime Minister.

“I am very glad to finally arrive on the planet of my favourite general and his charming wife,” Glacia returned with a smile. “And I am glad to have met Queen Serenity’s most loyal minister.”

“Yes,” Tora-san chafed under the title, “Her Majesty has a wonderful family.” he distractedly looked around at the small children running around, “We are,” he coughed nervously, raising his other arm awkwardly to shield it, “honored to receive you.” he shook her smaller hand daintily. He broke his grip after an appropriate amount of time, an awkward moment of dead silence between the two wafting through their conversation.

“And what of Her Highness the Queen Regent?” Glacia asked after a few moments, making a sideways glance at Arsle as she moved about like a lioness on the prowl after handing off her granddaughter to Selene. “All things considered, a bold move for her to accept Serenity’s invitation.”

Tora-san thought about this, “The Queen Mother of Mars has remained on good terms with both Her Majesty and I.” He considered the meeting they had several months ago, “My government saw reason to negotiate a few guarantees from her while the Queen was away.”

A waiter passed by them carrying glasses of water. Tora-san signaled for the man to stop, taking a glass and thanking him for his service. “But yes, perhaps bold.” he carefully leveraged back to Glacia.

“Yes, a fine example of brinkmanship,” Glacia said with a nod. “But what of the rumours coming from your red neighbour?”

The corner of Tora-san’s mouth creased into a frown, “How bold of you to ask.” he gave the Empress a disapproving look, “Are such things not internal affairs?” nonetheless he took a quick look at their surroundings, “May I ask for a walk your Majesty?” he politely inquired, checking the time on his wrist device.

The empress gave a slight shrug.

“I prefer to keep the administration internal, but I enjoy a good rumour,” she told the prime minister. Glacia noted the way Yoshida looked at her, and around the room in general before he asked her for a walk.

“A quick one, of course,” she mused with a hint of a smile, her tail moving about, as she gestured. “As you were, Your Excellency.”

The princess smiled at Ikki.

"Thank you very much!" she told the other Saiyan, just as the exchange between Elizabeth and Ikki occurred. The conversation left Selene somewhat confused, who looked over at her father for some semblance of guidance.

"Does mummy ever ask you to beat people up?" she asked her father. The Saiyan smiled and put a hand on Selene's blonde locks.

"Mummy doesn't need me to do that, Small Lady," he explained. "Mummy can handle herself, and no one in his right mind would want to upset her that much to warrant my involvement," Spicer added, somewhat darkly.
Last edited by Britanania on Thu May 27, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Thu May 27, 2021 8:53 pm

Arashi & Hugo

"Oi," Arashi butted in, by now bearing Hugo's weight on his shoulders, "Don't go overtaxing yourself Spicer." The general flinched when he felt something yank on an ear, and ducked his head immedietely, dumping the toddler over and catching him upside down by the hips, meeting Hugo's eyes while continuing to speak to Spicer. "You're scheduled to take this little stinker off my hands tonight."

"No, my not a stinker. You a stinker!" Hugo giggled through his eloquent retort, wild and uncut hair hanging low.

Arashi swiveled his arms to the side so that his view of Spicer was no longer obstructed, eyes almost as pleading as his words, "Of course, I'm sure Luna can handle the traffic if it can hold up through your insane training sessions."
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Thu May 27, 2021 11:17 pm

Finland SSR wrote:---

Elizabeth frown when she heard what Ikki said. "Hey Spicer can me and Ikki speak privately for a while? I'll give him back to you once we're done." Before the older Saiyan can reply Elizabeth would grab Ikki by the hand and pull him away from the group to minimize the chances of someone overhearing them. Theodora watched as her parents moved away. "I don't know what mommy wants to speak with daddy about but the bad man she is talking about won't be an issue for long. The pig of crimson hammers will bring him to King Yemma soon." the silver hair told Spicer and the others as she drank tea from a cup.

Magnus and Sybille looked confused by what the silver hair girl said. "What is she talking about?" the twins asked. Alexia shrugged. "She sometimes say strange things. Sometimes they come true but the other times I ignore what she say because they are usual nonsense."

The twins nodded but they still felt weirded out by the silver hair girl. Magnus would turn to Spicer. "Hey I have a question. Why isn't Ikki's dad here?" the question got the other Ashwood kids interested.

"Now that he mentioned it. We never met other grandpa either. Not once." Alexia stated.
---

Elizabeth looked back at the group she walked away from and lean close to Ikki. "Look the reason I need you to beat him up was because the bastard is blackmailing me." she whispered into his ear. "Somehow he found some files that points to something AEGIS is doing behind the scenes with the Mars situation and he is threatening to reveal it to the public unless I agree to sleep with him in under to keep it under warps. I can't deal with the situation on my own because if I do anything he would just realize the information anyways. I need you to distract him so I and everyone in AEGIS can figure out what files he found and get rid of them."
Last edited by Naval Monte on Fri May 28, 2021 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sat May 29, 2021 1:53 am

Star Sheriff Ikki

"You could have just started with that, you know..." Ikki muttered as soon as Liz finished her explanation of the situation, keeping his voice hushed as well. "What was I supposed to take away when you just give me an address and an order to smack someone..."

Once again, the Saiyan sighed. Presumably, he couldn't just advise Liz to reach out to Earth's police, it's either going to be that they're too corrupt or they won't be able to help. "Alright, I'll go along with this."

Still twirling his newly received dagger in his hand slightly, Faust made his way back towards the rest of the kids - just in time for his cousins and Alexia to discuss why his other grandfather was not there. Or, why he is never there.

"Dad never mentions his family. I don't think Mom knows much about it either," Faust added. "Even he is barely ever around himself. Vanishes for months, then appears for a day and leaves... one day he might just forget we exist and never come back."
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat May 29, 2021 6:08 am

Finland SSR wrote:---

Elizabeth let out a chuckle. "Yeah, I probably should. But I rather not say it in front of Spicer since I don't want Serena to get involved. This is my issue and I prefer to deal with my problems my way." she explained as she pat him on the back.

"As for why I can't go to the police because I fear they would fail to get the guy before he leaks out what he has on AEGIS. Plus I think he is expecting that."

As Elizabeth was explaining why she would need Ikki's help with her plan Alexia would stomp her foot on the ground as she gave her brother a furious glare. "Dad will never forget about us!" she growled out.

Magnus and Sybille would step back. "Our cousins don't have their father around either." Theodora noted. "It seems that vanishing dads is common."

Alexia turned to her sister. "And you're fine with that! Why would anyone leave behind their family?!"

Magnus and Sybille looked over at Spicer. The twins clearly want him to do something to help with the situation.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sat May 29, 2021 7:17 pm

Matters were seemingly spirling out of Spicer's control before the Saiyan's very eyes. The general turned to Arashi first, and gave the Tohran a wry smile.

"I think Serena and I can handle a few children for one night, General," Spicer said as he put his hands on his hips. "I would be more concerned about your workload if I were you," he added, just as Liz pulled Ikki aside. Spicer also noted that Glacia and the Prime Minister were deep in some conversation, and it seemed that Arlse and Lord Nolan were chatting, which caused Spicer to raise an eyebrow, but his attention shifted as Magnus asked where Dr Kita was. The other children seemed just as interested in the appearance of Ikki's Earth father.

In truth, Spicer hadn't heard much from the scientist since the Angel Crisis, when he offered his expertise. The man was always a bit of a recluse, and he either ignored or forgot about events that Serena would invite him to, but as Spicer mused on this, the topic shifted to the location of other parental figures, a most uncomfortable line of questioning for the Prince Consort.

"Your grandfather Kita is a very smart man," Spicer explained to Alexia, Theodora, and Faust, "but he spends a lot of time alone," he said, turning over to Faust. "As for your own father, Scallion does important work, but you have to remember, Faustus, that time here on Earth is different than in the Demon Realm. Your father does everything he can to see you," the Saiyan rationalised to the human-demon-Saiyan hybrid.

Spicer sighed.

I didn't sign up for this battle...

"Magnus and Sybille, I can assure you, your father also loves you very much," and even as Spicer said those words he felt a chill run through his body as if anticipating what would happen if he threw Sud under the metaphorical bus.
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat May 29, 2021 11:32 pm

"If he loves them very much why isn't he here?" Alexia asked Spicer as she glared at the Saiyan prince. It was clear that she was skeptical about his claims about their father. Theodora only looked at Spicer as she drank her tea. Even from another table Pesu and Squiggly seem to be giving Spicer judging looks.

Worse was the fact that even Magnus and Sybille didn't seem to sure. It would seem that Nymphaea kept the truth about their father, or at the very least didn't explain everything to them.

"Perhaps their father is like their grandfather? They are busy with something?" Theodora suggested as she drank her tea.

Before Alexia can rebuttable her sister Nymphaea arrived. "Hey Spicer can I take the kids for a moment. I want to have a group photo with them and my pets." she flashed the prince a smile.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun May 30, 2021 12:01 am

"Ah, wel, you see, the thing is...” Spicer fumbled over his words as he tried to answer the perceptive demon child’s question regarding Sybille and Magnus’ father, unable to come up with a reasonable lie and unwilling to divulge any truth of the matter.

However, as things were starting to look bad for the general, Nymph arrived and took them away, saving him any further embarrassment for the moment. Spicer sighed and took a glass of water from a nearby waiter, downing it quickly

well, that was almost a disaster,the Saiyan thought to himself, although taking a moment to appreciate the sight in front of him, how at peace everyone seemed to be without any major crisis threatening them, all together to enjoy their company, and the Saiyan smiled.
Last edited by Britanania on Sun May 30, 2021 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ranoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ranoria » Sun May 30, 2021 8:42 am

Collab with Brit, Naval, and Saint

The Day After the Party: PTO Garrison, Central City, the Earth, Spring 507 AU

“As requested,” Arashi started, but paused when he glanced at his scouter to check the time, “Scratch that, two minutes late. Now what mess of yours do I need to clean up this time?” He asked with a grin.

Spicer let out a sigh.

“Before we start, I hope your sister doesn’t mind watching Hugo for a while,” Spicer said as he gestured for Arashi to sit. As with his subordinate, Spicer leaned back in his chair.

“More so than other missions,” he began, “this one requires particular discretion. Officially, as far as Kyotu and everyone else knows you’re being sent to the Makyan Front alongside General Teikoku and handling the restructuring of our defenses after the last Hegemony Border Conflict.” Spicer paused again.

“In reality, you’re being sent to Mars.”

Arashi complied, plopping down haphazardly in the chair provided, mouth coming open just a bit, “That’s...great to hear.” The Tohran glanced away for a moment, bit the inside of his cheek, and then met Spicer’s gaze again, “Glacia pulled some strings I take it?”

The Saiyan general nodded.

“Yes, and we managed to work out a deal with AEGIS’ Mars branch to transport you there. They’ll also provide you with some intelligence when you arrive so you can link up with the Tohran resistance.”

Spicer handed Arashi a tablet.

“Everything you need is there. Your flight is scheduled for this evening, so you’ll have to make your peace with Hugo and Kyotu before then.” Spicer sighed again.

“I couldn’t delay it any longer than that, I’m afraid, and I don’t know how long you’ll be gone, but it’s imperative that Arsle is stopped.”

Arashi accepted the tablet and took a deep breath, “No, this is perfect. I’ve been itching to get over there as is.” He stood and spun the device between his fingers, “Thank you, Spicer.”

Spicer rose likewise and nodded.

“At the very least,” Spicer started with a wry smile. “You won’t have any paperwork for a year.”

Arashi chuckled at that, “And thank the gods for that,” he managed to match the Saiyan’s smile for a moment, “I don’t think you’ll find it too hard to pick up my slack. But,” he raised his hand and pointed to Spicer, that grin faltering, “I’ll be sure to send you everything I have on Higu. I haven’t been able to pin him down yet, but we’ve made some progress on that front.”

The Saiyan nodded.

“It would be good if you did. I want that handled with tact and discretion, all things considered.”

“Of course. Thanks again, for pulling this off. ” Arashi tightened his gloves absentmindedly, “But keep an eye on little Hugo for me, would you? I already miss the little stinker. I’m sure Kyotu will be fine and all, but, you know.” He took some relief knowing that Spicer, with children of his own, knew exactly what he was saying even if he was having trouble putting it to words.

“I’ll keep two eyes on him, when I can spare them,” Spicer replied. “And Tabella will as well.”

The tension in Arashi’s shoulders disappeared with the affirmation, “Good, good. I guess I’ll get everything in order then.” He offered a salute that never would have passed at any sort of event or training, “Try not to miss me too much.”

Mars

“Shuttle Tydirium, what is your cargo and destination?”

Arashi perked up from his seat near the back of the shuttle, watching in silence as the AEGIS pilot answered. “Parts and technical crew, AEGIS Mars headquarters.”

And then they waited. And waited. “This should be a routine shipment,” the pilot muttered as the moments dragged on, “Are they onto us?” He glanced back at Arashi, who offered just a shrug in reply.

“Shuttle Tydirium, you are cleared to land. Follow your present course.”

The pilot let out a baited breath while his “cargo” leaned back, uncharacteristically quiet as they continued their descent. It was just now sinking in that it was possible he wouldn’t see little Hugo for a year, perhaps longer if this dragged out. Arashi clenched his eyes shut and breath hissed through clenched teeth at the thought. He cursed under that breath and stood, looking over his shoulder at the pilot.

“How long until we reach the surface?”

The pilot offered a glance through a mirror, “Little over five minutes, uh,” he paused, “General?”

Arashi nodded, either unshaken or simply not noticing the confusion at his new appearance. “Good, it’s about time to make the opening move.”

It hadn’t been hard to find the nearest settlement, with Spicer having provided him a map and all. He hovered just high enough that he was out of sight of most of the Saiyans - his eyes quite literally sharpened to adjust for the distance.

From this far out he couldn’t make out every detail, but focusing on the corner of his scouter told him he had plenty of time before what was supposed to be a rendezvous with the resistance on the planet.

The reconnaissance, however brief, was far more revealing than any of the bits and pieces he had been able to scratch together throughout the last few months. His heartbeat quickened as he took it in, what had been a peaceful coexistence was clearly not so any longer. If his senses were true, the Tohrans - who made up the vast majority of the population, were centered in one area...which showed a stunning lack of Saiyan activity. The buildings appeared to be far more run down than they had any right to be with how recently they must have been constructed, be it a lack of upkeep or a dusting of the red that had defined this world not so long left to coat the structures.

“Odd,” he muttered, voice low in contrast to the pounding in his chest. Just based on numbers, or really even the average strength of the respective populations, it was surprising that the Saiyan population was able to maintain control. Yes, the threat of Arsle and her honor guard was there, but if not ever-present, it couldn’t be enough to contain them. “No, that’s wrong.”

Something was amiss. He began to focus his senses on smaller parts of the town. But his senses proved keen, no one strong enough to really deter the populace on their own. Whether it was the Tohran’s apparently designated area or the more high-scale, open and bright majority of the city, he could find no outstanding powers.

What did pique his interest though, was that the number of energy signatures he was picking up on didn’t add up to the number of bodies he saw moving. And upon closer examination, not all of those bodies looked Tohran - even accounting for the most deviant of assumed appearances his people took.

Arashi began to descend ever so slightly to get a better look, stopping just at the point he was concerned he’d be seen. And once he got a better look, his stomach twisted into a knot. Those bodies without energy readings were mechanical as he predicted. Worse, their designs resembled an abomination he’d only had the misfortune of running into once. Arashi’s fingers dug into his bicep when he saw one of the machines bearing down on a Tohran in the dirt, but he didn’t make a move, not yet.

But why not?

He extended a hand and closed one eye, zeroing in on the robot. He’d have to be accurate, but the energy of the other Tohran gave him a reference point, at least.

Without Spicer here to defer to, I’m going to have to move the pieces as I see fit, his energy spiked to what he could only imagine was adequate to take down the offending machine, Some trade off to avoid paperwork that I didn’t do anyway.

His own scouter chirped to alarm him of a spiking power level nearby - which made him very aware that those in the town may have been able to pick up on it as well, but by the time the sound reached his ears, his infinity spear had lanced through the neck of the offending mech, the machine bursting into flames while the Tohran it had been assaulting scurried off, oblivious as to their savior.

Arashi concealed his power level once again, and once he was satisfied that no Saiyans - or the disturbingly Hator-like guards they employed - had seen the conflict or noticed his presence, he began to head towards his rendezvous with what resistance the Tohrans had been able to form on the red planet.

Arashi tightened his gloves as he waited in a small valley between a trio of hills, a relatively hidden tract of land with trees peppering those hillsides to break up any clear line of vision. He focused on the corner of his scouter to check the time.

“Any minute now,” he muttered to himself, a crisp gust carrying the scent of pines that must have been transplanted from earth. Earth, where Hugo was probably just waking up to the sight of someone else for the first time in months. The general’s mouth curved downward, knowing damn well that was how things would have to be for a while.

Going without that grin every morning, usually accompanied by various gibberish, would likely wear on him more than anything this fiasco threw at him. He was no stranger to war after all, having served under Spicer as long as he had.

From a ways off, he felt a cluster of relatively high powers - suppressed to a degree if his senses were right - drawing closer, all bearing that unmistakable tinge of magic that he could only assume indicated fellow Tohrans. Arashi set his jaw and pushed his more sentimental thoughts aside before turning to meet whoever was coming.

His gut turned, however, when the trio of Tohrans landed in a triangle around him, and he realized that this wasn’t going to go the way he had assumed. “Morning gentlemen,” he greeted while all three relatively human-looking Tohrans raised their palms towards him. “I hate to say it, but I don’t think any of you are the one I was expecting.” No, he didn’t even need to look at the two standing behind him. If the information Spicer had given him was good, then they weren’t anywhere near powerful enough to be the one he was supposed to be meeting here.

“Shut up, put your hands in the air, and do not resist!” The Tohran in front of him ordered and stepped forward, “Turn the scouter over to me, while you’re at it.”

Arashi raised an eyebrow, arms still crossed, and looked over at his shoulder to his other two would-be captors. For just a moment, he smirked and his arm twitched in anticipation of a fight, but he stopped himself short.

“Right,” he reached up to the red scouter, “I’ll keep this, it’s one of a kind,” Arashi pulled the instrument off and stowed it in his gemstone while those around him tensed up. Arashi met the intense glare of the leader and frowned, “So what’s the plan here, attack as a group? Stow me in prison until your leader makes time to investigate?”

“If that’s what it comes down to,” the Tohran lowered his hand and advanced until he couldn’t have been a foot in front of Arashi, “We’d prefer if you cooperate, of course.”

Arashi didn’t move, meeting his potential new comrade’s glare for what must have been an intense moment for the other Tohran, and then nodded, “Alright, I’m all yours mooks, do what you will.”

Now, with the intelligence he’d been given, he knew these resistance groups had been acting in a far from civilized manner. He expected them to move suddenly, and while he braced himself, he didn’t raise his suppressed power level. There was no need to defend himself from those he was hoping to call allies.

Unfortunately for Arashi, he didn’t realize that his assumptions had been very, very wrong until there was a blade halfway through his neck.

Arashi’s fingertips twitched. It was his first sign of life since being unceremoniously beheaded - what came next was a sharp intake of breath. Next up his eyes shot open and he stood up, only to fall on all fours. He soon realized that not only was he blind, but his equilibrium was far from on point. And a lightning bolt in his spine was kind enough to remind him that he may have healed enough to be conscious, but not enough to stand yet.

His own continued labored breathing at least clued him in that he could hear, but Arashi’s fists curled as sensation returned. Something unintelligible made its way from his throat, but he didn’t attempt any more than that.

Someone pulled a hood off of Arashi’s head, and a voice came through.

“So he’s finally awake,” the gruff male voice opined.

“Seems so,” another male spoke, his voice calmer.

“Give him some space,” a female spoke.

Arashi found himself in what looked like a basement or a warehouse, with Tohrans all about, armed to the teeth with various weapons. On the far side of the, Beryl was cleaning one of her swords, the body of a Saiyan not far from her. All around the room hung tails--Saiyan tails.

“General Arashi,” she called out. “Our mutual friends said you would be coming.”

He scowled, taking in his surroundings before his gaze settled on her. It took a moment to mentally file through the information he’d been given, but he knew this one. “Beryl,” he grunted, trying to steady his breathing to limited success. Rather than remain on his hands and knees like a dog, Arashi sat back, one hand supporting his weight while his body finished fixing itself up. “I take it you’re not one to roll out the red carpet.” His attention went to the corpse at her feet for a moment.

“Sorry, but we don’t take too kindly to traitors,” Da’ud said, off to Arashi’s right side. Beryl put up a hand and rose from her seat, walking over to Arashi.

“I apologise for my subordinate’s rudeness, Da’ud’s opinions are the consensus among us” she told the PTO General, kneeling in front of him and squinting.

“Not that I have anything against the PTO personally, and I understand their situation, but trust between us and off worlders like yourself…”

“I figured as much,” he waved his free hand, “I knew the consequences of leaving Tohra.”

“Right,” Beryl said, unconvinced by the General’s words. She stood up to her full height, and gestured for the others to unbind Arashi before she walked back to her seat.

“I’ll get to the point. Although we have some reservations, we cannot do this without your help. The Saiyan Great Apes and their robots are turning this into a war of attrition.” Beryl gave a sigh. “But you’ll need to prove your mettle. I won’t let you meet our other friends until I am absolutely sure you can be trusted.”

Arashi managed to bite back whatever quips he’d have normally fired back while the chains were undone, “Your cells are all working separately from what I’ve gathered?” Arashi stood, meeting the eyes of those around the room and trying to steady himself, then looking back to Beryl. “And most of you are here. So you’ve got something up your sleeve.”

He didn’t bother asking what that something was. She didn’t seem the talkative type.

“We’re heading out soon,” she said laconically. “Make sure you’re ready.”

“Cute,” he muttered, and cracked his neck.

Arashi stood still, arm extended, a blade forming from his fingertips. That blade ended just a foot past the chest of a Saiyan who’d never had a chance. That blade dissipated and Arashi was moving on before his enemy hit the ground,

“So, you want the left or right half?” Arashi joked to Tohran at his side, utterly unworried - if put off - with the motley crew of androids and their lone Saiyan chaperone standing below.

The other Tohran didn’t play along, eyes narrow as burns along his arm healed themselves. “You step out of line and I’ll do the monkeys’ job for them, general,” he shot back, that last word almost mocking, but Arashi waved him off.

They didn’t have any more time for their playful banter, the lone Saiyan’s tail lashing about as he sized up his opponents,“You gems never learn, do you?” he scowled, muscles on his considerable frame bulging.

“Nope, we’re a stubborn bunch!” Arashi shot back, “You’re the last man standing here, just playing to delay the checkmate at this point.” He paused and began pointing out the individual androids in turn, “Might wanna run while Snuggles, Fufu, Metalhead, other metalhead, and uh,” he paused at the fifth android, “What’d you say your name was?”

“Kato!” Arashi and his fellow jumped into the air to avoid ‘Kato’s’ bullrush, the Saiyan leaving an emerald trail in his wake.

“Well Kato Jr. then!” Arashi finished without breaking a sweat, “I’d suggest you make a break for it while they’re still kicking. Or are you a stickler for the whole dying with honor thing?”

“I think the robots are a bit out of your league Malachai, can you hold off the monkey?” He didn’t need to ask, just feeling them out, Malachai was outclassed by just enough for it to be worrisome.

Regardless, the other Tohran practically snarled and pulled his arms back. “Of course I can!” He thrust those same arms forward, a flash of ki enveloping Arashi’s vision before he turned to the androids.

He hopped down from the gradually crumbling building they’d been standing on, azure flames gently licking at the sides of his body, “I would just love to know where they got the designs for you guys from.” The first android moved, the others following soon behind. Arashi met the first with an uppercut straight to its chin - normally a debilitating type of a strike. But the satisfying crunch of metal plates and framing collapsing lulled him into a false sense of security. He had accounted for the others, but this one following right through on its swing was surprising.

Just that fraction of a second being staggered was enough for Arashi to be surrounded, but fortunately flight was an effective bail out for such situations. “Aaand,” he said under his breath while opening a palm towards the ground, “Boom.”

Blue ki burst into existence, propelling those hunters that had been on his tail down to earth. Three of them appeared out of commission, but the other two were a bit more persistent. “Metalhead and Other Metalhead!” He announced, meeting their blows in time, “I knew you’d be the last ones standing.” In a classic move, Arashi slammed their bodies together with enough force to compromise the synthetic structure supporting them, and then went into free fall.

He maintained a grip on their wrists throughout the descent, bringing them down with all the force he could muster just before he hit the ground.

Mars’ terraformed surface quaked in protest at the force on display, and Arashi let go of the androids, dusting off his wrists to get any bits and pieces of them off. “Abominations,” he muttered, before suddenly feeling Malachai’s energy plummet.”

“You gems just can’t seem to understand that you’ve lost!” Arashi whipped around to see Kato holding his comrade’s broken body by the ankle, “So I’m going to tell you exactly where you screwed up.” He tossed Malachai aside, but as torn up as he was, Arashi didn't observe any damage to his gemstone. He’d be fine. But the Saiyan before him was still approaching, thin, wispy green flames just starting to come to life around him.

Arashi matched his pace and began to walk forward as well. The Saiyan’s fingers twitched, and Arashi found himself being forced back when Kato launched himself forward with a roar.

When the two collided, viridescent flames roared off the Saiyan, whose teeth were gritted as he forced his opponent back. “For as prideful a race as you are, there’s nothing to back it up!” Arashi grunted and planted a foot, halting their backward trajectory, “No training! None of the decades of blood we Saiyans spill to reach these heights!” Arashi brought his arms up and then jerked them down to break his assailant’s grip before engaging in a more classic clinch.

Arashi couldn’t help but smirk. As much as he was restraining himself, this was proving to be interesting. Each combatant pressed into the other, with one grip around the other’s head. Kato attempted to shift his forehead to the side to reach Arashi’s temple. Arashi was a step ahead though, simply shifting down slightly. Before Kato knew what was happening, the Tohran’s skull was pressed up into the bridge of his nose. Kato’s head lurched up, but not before his nose broke, and with his reeling Arashi was able to shift to his side and wrap him up

“No training? Seems like you’re still a rookie on that front!” With a kick to the back of the leg, it was a simple takedown, albeit one with enough force to crumble whatever nearby structures had survived the skirmish until that point.

Rather than follow him down and take the fight to the ground, Arashi extended a hand to deliver the final blow, unleashing a copious amount of energy into a screaming Saiyan warrior. The excess energy buzzed in the air until it drowned out his sounds of pain, and Arashi took to the sky just before his attack detonated, shielding his face from the resulting dust cloud.

“Not good enough, rockling!” Arashi grimaced when the dust cloud yielded to an explosion of emerald within, “Every ounce of your power was given! Not earned! You don’t deserve to wield it!” The Saiyan raised his hands to the sky, his aura beginning to crackle with static, “And I’m going to take it all away!”

Arashi pulled one hand back, realizing too late what was happening, and a lightning bolt crashed down from the sky into Kato’s hands. The Saiyan grit his teeth and swung his arms down to face his enemy, the lightning arcing down and coalescing before him, changing its color to match that of his aura, and just when it seemed like the energy would be too much for him to command…

“Now die!” The emerald wave practically exploded towards Arashi, who barely had time to thrust his hand forward and let loose his counter, a much less impressive cobalt wave that met the onslaught just a few meters in front of him.

“Not bad f--” Arashi flinched when a stray bolt of electricity arced off Kato’s attack and struck him in the shoulder, breaking his focus enough that the epicenter of their struggle was only inches in front of his hand. An expletive flew out of the Tohran’s lips and he completely let go of his beam- his own aura bursting around him for an instant - and slapped away the Saiyan’s last ditch effort.

“Sorry,” Arashi cracked his knuckles from above his stupefied opponent, “I’ve only got so much patience when it comes to dealing with featherweights like yourself.” The Saiyan stood dumbfounded, mouth agape as Arashi extended a flat palm towards him. “The well’s run dry on that front, if you hadn’t noticed.”

Kato regained his composure just as the infinity spear lanced out, catching him between his ribs and forcing him to stumble before he fell to the ground, his side now bleeding profusely with such a gash. “That doesn’t make any sense, '' he panted, “The scouter shows you’re--” He was cut off when a second blade went through his gut.

“Your scouter lied.” The blade dissipated and without its support, Kato collapsed. Arashi, unphased and able to feel the Saiyan’s energy plummeting, began jogging over to Malachai’s location, dusting off his shoulder as he went.

The other Tohran glowered at him, still nursing a broken arm while a multitude of bruises slowly receded, “Took you long enough.”

“You said you could hold him,” Arashi reminded him with an accusing point of his finger. He knelt down to inspect the injured warrior though, biting his lip. “Did he hurt your gem?”

The other Tohran leaned his head back and grimaced, “No,” then his eyes shot open. “Did you finish that Saiyan?”

“He shouldn’t last more than a couple minutes,” Arashi answered, “Why?” Malachi just pointed up to the sky, and the sudden flash of what could have been mistaken for moonlight saved him the trouble. “Damn monkeys.” He spun on his heel, watching as Kato shakily pushed himself to all fours. The Saiyan was quivering as his wounded body flooded with blutz waves, lips and nose ever so gradually lengthening.

“I-I told you!” Kato roared with a voice now reeking of primal instinct, “I’ll take it all away!”

Malachai began to rise, and Arashi waved him off, “I’ll buy you enough time to recover, he’s focused on me. When you have your strength back, go for the tail.”

“Didn’t take you for the suicidal type,” the cripple shot back with a wince, “He’ll snap you in half the second you’re in reach. Now get me the hell out of here.”

“Maybe,” Arashi watched as the monster before them began to take shape, already searching out his prey, and suppressed a shudder. If the heights he’d seen Spicer achieve in that state were a good measuring stick, perhaps he was biting off more than he could chew. “No. This one’s not as strong as I’ve seen, if we play our cards right, we can win this. But you’re only going to get one shot.”

Malachai’s breath hitched, “He’ll kill us. He’ll kill us both, if he gets you, I won’t have time to escape! We’ll die for nothing in this shithole!”

“Nah,” Arashi rolled one of his shoulders as Kato’s spine began to expand just before the rest of his body followed suit. “Wait until your body’s ready to go. I can handle him until then.”

“We can’t fight a great ape!” Malachai pleaded, his words sharper as he realized that his ally wasn’t joking. “If we could, the playing field would be leveled. As it is, if they resort to transforming, we have no choice but to retreat. Don’t tell me you’ve never dealt with a Saiyan before!”

“Stick to the plan,” he replied, “and I’ll show you that we can.”

The moonlight that had been shining on them was soon replaced with the looming shadow of a great ape, any words of protest Malachai had left lost in a roar that shook the roots of the planet with its challenge. Arashi dashed into the air to put some distance between himself and his ally. And to Malachai, it must have looked insane, a death sentence even.

And Kato? He had his own brand of insanity. There were no smiles, no words, just pure, unadulterated rage. Every transformation-bloated muscle in his body twitched, begging to release the tension building throughout his body. But still, he didn’t lash out. Rather, he opened his great maw and, with another roar, their war began anew.

Arashi escaped incineration by the skin of his teeth, the silver bolt’s heat warming his skin in its wake. “You’re big!” He called out, an utterly unconcerned smirk defining his features, “Fought bigger!”

Even through that thick fur, he could see massive shoulder muscles rippling before a sweeping blow went wide as well. Rather than continue dodging until he was caught, Arashi landed on the outstretched arm and ran up its length as fast as his legs could carry him. Just as he pulled an arm back to ready an attack though, he was shaken as the terrain suddenly shifted beneath him. He realized - mid stumble - that all it had taken was for Kato to flex his bloated musculature. Unfortunately he was given no time to consider this development, as an open-palm strike followed.

Arashi yelped, and subsequently left a trench in the dirt in cliche fashion upon his impact. He tore through the earth for what seemed like an eternity, but eternity didn’t put quite enough distance between himself and the great ape. When he opened his eyes, he saw something dark above him, and those same eyes went wide when he realized it was a descending foot.

Thinking fast, he brought an elbow into the ruined terrain below and, predictably, its already compromised integrity gave way. The monster’s foot plowed through a few feet of Mars’ terrain, sure, but stopped just short of crushing Arashi, now just a bit lower. The still reeling Tohran tapped into his reserves just a bit, and his energy illuminated the shadowy retreat for just a second before it was let loose.

For his part, he propelled himself up and out of the ground a few meters past the titan’s foot, cleaving through earth without a problem. His opponent, though, was caught off guard when the ground below caved in, suddenly collapsing below and around his leg and momentarily immobilizing him.

“Gotcha!” Arashi shot behind him, an energy blade already forming around his hand to sever the tail. If only it were that simple. Before he could make a move, the uncooperative appendage lashed in just the right direction, slamming into him and predictably shooting him up into the air.

Kato tried to pull his foot out of the ground to no avail while the pest above him tried to get his bearings, eventually just bringing a hammerfist down to obliterate the tons of stone that had caught his leg in a vice. “Die!” He roared to the heavens, unleashing another silver beam from his maw. And another. And another. None found home, though Arashi was forced to redirect one when it came just a bit too close, but the barrage abated after that.

“You’re fast, rockling.” Kato chuckled in disturbing fashion, his outrage from earlier apparently abated. “But not fast enough.”

“Whatever helps you sleep at night!” Arashi shot back, pulling a hand back and beginning to pool energy within, “But I’ve got a more permanent fix, if you’re interested!” He clenched his fist, that power fighting to escape his grasp.

The sneer that spread across the great ape’s snout was disturbing, but his speed was even more terrifying. Arashi never saw him move, only the colossal beast hovering in the air before him, arms outstretched. Thinking he was going to be grabbed and crushed, he sent himself hurtling towards the ground, only to hear a thunderous clap from behind and realize he’d been mistaken. There was no stopping it now though, as the shockwaves hit him a second later. His attack escaped his grasp and dissolved harmlessly while its creator once again crashed into the ground below, ground now ravaged by their clash.

Arashi didn’t move for a while, wheezing for breath as Kato descended in a controlled fashion.

“Too easy, gem.” Before the more diminutive of the two could escape, he was hoisted up with much less force than one would anticipate by the ape. “But where others tuck their tails between their legs at the sight of the Oozaru, you stood and fought. You are a bold one. You died well, warrior.”

With whatever strength he had left, Arashi willed his body to shrink dramatically just as Kato began to squeeze. In the nick of time he slipped from the ape’s grasp, and the Saiyan was left growling in frustration, his other hand coming down open-palmed to try and smash his prey, who was soon obscured from sight under its shadow.

No such luck though. When he brought his hand back up, not so much as a spot of blood to be seen.

Arashi clung for dear life to the fur on the back of the great ape’s calf as he jerked and twisted and turned, searching for his target whilst simultaneously keeping his tail on the move. Arashi of course was hoping such a tiny pinprick wouldn’t be noticeable to such a gargantuan creature. But he knew he wouldn’t have to hold on long. He could sense Malachai’s approach. The other Tohran couldn’t be a minute away by now.

Where are you!” Kato’s cry rolled across the landscape, Or was I wrong, are you as cowardly as the rest of your gemlings!?

He steeled himself, took a deep breath, and shot into the air just as the ape turned again. For a fraction of a heartbeat, his speed increased exponentially, leading him straight into the jaw of Kato and hitting him with enough force to stagger him.

“Don’t you wish it were that easy featherweight!?” Arashi brought his hands back, “We never got to see which of us has more raw power! Care for a do over?” Cobalt light burned in his palms, and the ape chuckled at the goading.

“A warrior's death indeed, gemling!” Kato opened his mouth, preparing his own attack.

“Now or never Malachai,” Arashi said under his breath.

A distant shout from below was enough to startle both parties, and subsequently Kato doubled over. The ape fell to the ground, his cry of pain nearly bursting Arashi’s ears with its volume along with the thunder of his falling on all fours. It was done.

But when he looked down, the tail was still attached. Malachai had left a nasty gash, but he simply didn’t have the strength to cut through the bone.

“Always keep the queen in reserve,” Arashi hissed. With the power he had gathered, he let loose, firing at the base of Kato’s neck in a desperate bid to buy himself some time while Malachai pulled an arm back to take another swing. He never got the chance.

Kato pushed himself up and didn’t even acknowledge the brilliant explosion above his spine, whipping around in a fury as shining crimson eyes locked themselves on the newcomer.

Malachai was paralyzed at the sight, he knew death was the only thing waiting.

And then everything stopped. A great rumbling sounded from behind Kato’s enormous frame, and both the Tohran and Saiyan turned to see what it had come from.

They were both stunned to see Kato’s tail cleaved straight off, Arashi on one knee beside it, leaning on a golden blade far too large for one of even his impressive stature to wield.

“N-no!” Kato managed, but it was too late. As fast as the Oozaru transformation had been, his regression was much, much faster. Within seconds, he was reduced to his normal state, blood from the wounds he’d been given before now pooling where he lay in his own footprint.

Arashi pushed himself to his feet while his companion watched in stunned silence. “I swear,” he limped forward, “You throw another moon ball, and I’m gonna lose it.”

The former great ape was on his feet by the time he reached him, his lifeblood dribbling from his lips now. He managed to throw a weak punch, only to lose his balance and begin to fall forward as he did. Rather than let him have that dignified death, Arashi caught the back of his head and pushed it down as hard as he could while bringing up his knee to meet it. The result was a spattering of Saiyan blood and a corpse bearing a concave skull being cast aside. The victor stood stoic for a moment, but soon the tension in his body disappeared, and he leaned down on his weapon with a gasp.

“You actually did it,” Malachai said as if trying to convince himself, “You brought down a great ape.” He touched down, looking between Arashi and Kato in turn.

“Yup,” Arashi wiped the sweat from his brow, not so patiently waiting for his body to repair itself, “I’d love to say that’ll shake the Saiyans, but knowing them, the chance to die a glorious death is only going to make them even more excited.”

“But we did kill one,” Malachai clenched a fist and looked to the sky, “And that means they aren’t invincible, even their elites. This is a victory for Tohra.”

“And a needed one, by all accounts.” Arashi’s gaze flicked over to his ally, “Don’t get too excited. They aren’t going to be any less dangerous just because we killed one.” For his monotony, he couldn’t help but snicker. Malachai’s opinion of him had clearly taken a turn for the better after the battle. “Now let’s get out of here before they send us another one.”

New Tohra City, Mars

From the outskirts of the city that was the haven for the Tohran population on Mars four ships would be spotted flying towards their location. On the lead was two Pelcion with a third behind a PTO cargo craft that was painted over to bear the monochromatic color scheme and insignia of AEGIS. The four aircrafts would enter the city unmolested.

Much like Arashi's ship the cargo ship was stopped by customs but the process to go through border patrol was much faster for AEGIS as obstinately AEGIS was on the Saiyan's side as stipulated on the agreement the Imperative made when they agreed to have bases on Mars.

As far as the Saiyans know, the cargo ship was meant for the base stationed close to New Tohra.

The small squadron of crafts would make a turn and fly to the left as they travel deeper into the heart of the city.

The crafts would find an empty basketball court and the cargo craft would hover over the court and begin to land down.

As the craft landed several humans and Tohrans stepped out of the shadow to approach the ship. As the doors of the craft let out a hiss as the pressurized air was being vented out the doors will reveal a group of soldiers with a man in a suit leading them.

The group would step out from the craft thanks to a retractable ramp.
The soldiers in question were noticeably different from before. The dark armor from before was now replaced with a mostly white armor that had purple crescent patterns painted along the body; even the helmets were changed. The rumors of AEGIS making a new line of armor for their soldiers was apparently true and these are what they were going with.

Behind the group carts were being pulled down by carts. "I hope you have what we want?" the man asked as the carts stopped next to the soldiers.

The Tohran leading the other group would respond with. "I will give you what we agreed on so long as you kept your end of the deal." the man looked at a soldier and nodded. The soldier would open one of the crates and reveal capsules within them.

"Thank Kami for Sora stealing alien technology. Those capsules make smuggling weapons so much easier." the rebels all smiled at what they saw.

The Tohran would have some of his comrades bring over boxes and when the soldiers got a hold of them they would open one box and all would see plastic ziplock bags containing a white powder within.

"My agreement will stick. It's nice seeing someone helping us to right the wrongs these monkeys are doing." The man in charge of the soldiers was silent as he paid the Tohran and ordered the soldiers to bring in the boxes as he returned back to the ship.

Once the exchange was done both parties would leave the city; the Tohran to regroup with rebel cells, and the cargo ship to return back to Earth.

A Year Later…

Red Palace, New Saiya City, 508 AU

Malla crawled around the Council Room floors, minding her own business as the highest ranking Saiyans nobles met to discuss the state of the conflict.

“Our progress in retaking the Tohran urban centres has been steady,” one of the Saiyan nobles commented. “Our continued use of Oozaru attacks and Androids has seen us begin to turn the tide of the war decidedly in our favour, however…”

“However?” Arsle growled, more interested in her granddaughter up to this point than with the meeting. The Saiyaness lifted her head off of her hand, where she had been resting it.

The noble nervously swallowed.

“However, Tohran raids continue to hinder our control over the countryside and we’ve been having problems with our intelligence network, not to mention the rumours of the Tohran unifying under a single leader.”

This was news to Arsle.

“What rumours? This is the first I’ve heard of it.”

The rest of the Council looked terrified. It was clear they were keeping the full extent of the conflict from the Queen Regent.

“Just some Tohran religious leader, calls himself ‘the Blood Diamond’,” a noble explained.

“He’s been working with Beryl of Dragonstone Clan,” another added. “They say he’s the Diamond reincarnated, and has been unifying the various Tohran terror cells,” another put in. Arsle frowned, standing up and walking over to her granddaughter and picking the small Saiyan up.

“I want this so-called Blood Diamond killed,” the queen mother demanded. “And want to hear no more about it. Is that clear?”

“No,” Arashi waved off a Tohran fighter, “We’re done here, we don’t need any more reinforcements, no need to establish supply lines to the area.” His finger tapped against a crossed arm as he surveyed the aftermath of their most recent skirmish. A ruined landscape, a few Saiyan corpses, plenty of crumpled androids, and too many of his own dead.

At the very least, he was getting used to the role that had been thrust upon him. General or no, he’d always let Spicer handle the leadership aspect of his command. More often than not he would have his own forces hang back to prevent unnecessary casualties rather than offering a guiding hand or really managing them. Here, with so many splintered factions of resistance, he hadn’t had much choice.

“You don’t want to hold our position? The monkeys were using this as a route fo-”

“No,” Arashi snapped this time, and his eyebrows narrowed, “They’ll just make an artificial moon, and then they’ll come and literally run us all over. This was enough to make their lives a little more difficult, and now we move.” The warrior took his leave then, and Arashi pinched the bridge of his nose, something along the lines of “damn mooks,” almost silently escaping his lips.

Arashi stood still, however, when he heard the same damnable voice again, “Just so you’re aware, my lot aren’t too keen on working with the dragonstone clan. They’re a bunch of aristocratic pricks if you ask me.”

“Do you actually think you have the privilege to complain about your allies?” He whipped around, towering over the smaller Tohran and gesturing to the small assembled force that had been present for the battle.

“We’re on the verge of extinction. If we’re going to function as a society, much less survive this ordeal, there can’t be any more pissing contests between clans. Together, Tohra might have a chance.” He paused, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath, “But if you’re more keen on old feuds, I’m sure the monkeys would love to go back to fighting an enemy more barbaric and dissonant than they are.”

“I…” The soldier scowled, but didn’t reply.

“Your people or your old grudges,” Arashi waved him off and turned around, “That decision is on you. Now go.”

Deep breath in. The rigours of command could get frustrating, though perhaps not so much as a stubborn toddler with enough power to back it up when he insisted upon getting what he wanted. The following exhale became more of a sigh, thoughts reaching back to earth and wondering how everyone was doing, from his sister Kyotu to Spicer and his family and, mostly, little Hugo.

Little flashbacks of the tike dominated his thoughts then. Some of his frantically trying to tie the kid’s long hair back into some sort of ponytail or bun - and Kyotu eventually showing him how to do just that - to trying to avoid the ever so occasional burst of lasers from his eyes, or the panic the first time he’d flown out of his crib.

Unfortunately time for reminiscing was scarce, and he was soon interrupted.

“Arashi.” Beryl called, her hand on the hilt of her blades. She stood metres away eyeing him with keen interest behind her dark eyes. “It’s good to see that years in service of the PTO hasn’t made you forget from whence you came.”

“Come, there’s a group of people you should meet.”

Arashi spun on his heel and was immediately forced to shield his eyes against a gust of red Martian dust. He lowered his arm, blinking out what had gotten through before making his way over to her. “Finally getting to meet those ‘other friends’ you mentioned a while back?” He couldn’t suppress a small smile, recalling that she’d been clear he wouldn’t meet them until he’d earned her trust, and offered a nod as that grin creeped its way onto his face. “I’m honored.”

“As you should be,” She said, turning and walking ahead without waiting for the Tohran to follow. “You should get along quite well with them, they’re off worlders much like yourself.” The further out she led him the more the gust of reddish dust collected in the air, until they were walking through a whirling storm blocking out the sun and obscuring the surrounding hills.

Arashi flared his ki a bit to give himself some breathing room, sticking close to make sure he didn’t lose his way in the sandstorm. He started to say something, clenched his mouth shut before any of the cursed sand made its way in, left wondering if someone hadn’t checked the weather forecast before they planned their appearance.

The further they walked the more visible the figure standing in the eye of the storm became. Their arms raised, hands performing subtle combining motions through the air. Like clockwork the storm around them shifted wherever those hands went, until the figure pressed both arms forward. On command the storm pushed backward, no longer engulfing the pair, leaving them perfectly visible to the figure as much as he was to them.

“Practicing Susano?” Beryl questioned, pace slowing until she stood within metres of the white haired Tohran.

“You could say that.” Susano said. In truth he was providing a bit of cover, not just from the eyes of Saiyans but those pesky human mages who thought because they provided support to the cause the Tohrans would turn a blind eye to them. His eyes landed on Arashi. “Is this him,” He looked unimpressed.

“I’ll do one better,” Arashi stopped alongside Beryl and answered for her, sizing up the other Tohran as well. He pointed up to indicate the storm raging around them, “Is this you?”

He balled his fist, and like time had been put on hold the whirling particles froze all around them. “Answer your question?” His unimpressed gaze turned to Beryl. “Have you told this guy nothing or what?”

“We couldn’t afford to give an outsider full knowledge of you and your companions.” Beryl said. “ The mages are cooking up something. They don’t think we’re aware of it, which might be the fault of their premature brain development, but I don’t intend to let them know anymore than necessary at any given point. I also needn’t remind you of the complications the saiyans cuing into this would have given what you and your companions have been doing for us.”

Susano sighed. “Great. Now I have to monologue.”

“Perhaps not.” She shoots a ki blast at him, no hesitation, and with a considerable amount of power backed behind it. Susano for his part only grunts in annoyance as the blast nears him, as if it bothered him more to be used as a demonstration than being so casually attacked by a comrade.

The blast hits some kind of invisible wall, one that has it spiraling around the Tohran. It’s energies are subsequently drawn into Susano’s gemstone, slurped up like a cold beverage on a hot summer day. When all was said and done Susanso stood no worse for wear. His annoyed expression first on Beryl and then on Arashi.

“A Grimoire trick.” Beryl supplied. “It allows our gems to absorb ki energy with seemingly little limit. Susano and his companions have been training a legion of Tohrans to possess this ability, along with the elemental skills Susanso has been demonstrating.”

“I’m not your prop to teach this punk new tricks.”

“I didn’t say you were.”

“I am going to need a much better explanation from one of you at some point.” Arashi, who was by now completely on his heels, cut in to try and get some semblance of an explanation, “What about the Grimoire she mentioned? That’s one hell of a trick.”

Susano reached into the satchel conveniently tucked around his shoulder with his spare arm and pulled out a leather-bound book. On the surface is a diamond-shaped crest which shines almost like a beacon in the light of the sun. “Scared shit. Older than the Diamond, hell, probably Older than any or the surviving Tohran clans. Everything mystical about our species is inscribed in these pages. Shit that has long since been lost to us written for all the world to see.” He turned and stared at the cover of the grimoire. “Stuff that even the Diamond benefited from.” He chuckled. “Gosh a year ago it would probably be blasphemous to say this, but I’m telling you without this book there’d be no Diamond.”

Arashi’s brows lifted at that, “What?” He managed lamely, eyes flicking between the text and Susano. There was a pause as he processed that brief claim, but eventually he managed to get his wits about him. “That explains the secrecy I suppose. But if you have that,” he gestured towards the relic in Susano’s hand, “Then what the hell did you need me for? Seems like we’ve already got our ace in the hole there.”

“Trust me, once you see what’s inside you’ll know what I said is nothing of the sort.” Susano turned his gaze back to Arashi. “Cause if this grimoire is to be believed then the “Diamond” is a state of being, a transformation, not a person.”

“And that’s where you factor in Arashi. You are by far the most powerful of any individual Tohran.” Beryl chimed in, resting her hand on Arashi’s shoulder. “You ascending as the next Diamond not only would ensure a victory in this war but would put you on the same or greater playing field to your “friends”. If the Saiyan bitch were to ever return to try and reclaim her lost title, you as the Diamond could oppose her without calling for help from a divided companion base.”

“You can save us all essentially,” Susanso summarized. “Cause we’re not giving up on this planet. You heard the reports, hundreds of thousands of Tohrans are trying to smuggle themselves to Mars from the other regions of the Sol system to give support to their brethren. The only thing that can stop the chaos is the return of a Diamond, and a powerful one at that.”

“A Diamond?” He muttered, glancing down at Beryl’s hand, then back to the one offering him more power than he’d ever dreamed of. The proposition was appealing of course. It hadn’t been so long ago that he’d told Spicer that his own transformation just wasn’t cutting it. Whether it was in the lacking amount of raw power he attained in that state or the mental side effects, it just wasn’t working.

Just as quickly, his mind went to the discussions between Arsle and, particularly, Tora-san. He’d meant what he said when he told the lot of them he didn’t feel comfortable speaking on his people’s behalf. He had no right, having left Tohra and cut himself off from the majority of his race for so long. But then again, since he’d arrived on Mars, the circumstances had changed.

It was still far from perfect, but for the most part the Tohrans were - however haphazardly- united under one banner. So with that in mind, Arashi cleared his throat, and nodded to Susano.

“If you need a Diamond, and if that book of yours can help me get there, then I’ll do it.”
Fan of football, the Murican kind. But soccer is cool too! Just not really my thing. C(:^D/-<
I go by Ran. Unless, of course, you want to type out Ranoria. That's your decision.
Lumi is my NS mom
Champions: NSCF 20, 22, 27, 29, 30. World Bowl 42, 43, 46, WBC 57

Hosting: Co-Host WB 44, 47, Host WB 46, plus some NSCAA/NSCF conferences here and there

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun May 30, 2021 10:17 am

AEGIS North HQ, 509 AU

Theme

Collab between Naval and Fin

Ever since morning, an unexplained occurrence was taking place in the northern headquarters of the AEGIS organisation. The vast complex of open and underground facilities was under assault - not from outside, but rather from within.

Room after room suddenly fell completely silent, any transmission from them vanishing. If any AEGIS employees were unfortunate to be there at the time when a room went down, they would cease reporting as well - any calls would be left hanging up, security cameras stopped reporting. No distress calls would come - all except one.

A brief, panicked message of “Someone help! They’re-they’re breaking in! I don’t think we’ll-” from a scientist working in one of the attacked laboratories, before she was suddenly interrupted and the call ceased. Moments later, the laboratory went silent, and the scourge continued its advance.

From the surface VTOL crafts began to land down as members from MST 076, also known by their call sign “Desperado”, arrived when reports of what was occuring spread to the other sites.

The 24 member team was composed of members of different tasks. These range from tactical sniper, combat medic, heavy weapon specialist, demolition expert, to even tactical sorcerer. Three members came wearing experimental powered exosuits to fight off whatever was inside the facility as they began to go down the elevator to the closest floor leading the current lost level.

The elevator opened to a reinforced corridor, a closed heavy double door on the other side - a few of the local scientists were guarding it with pistols in their hands. As soon as they saw the Task Force arrive, however, they backed away to give way to the professionals.

The lights began to flicker and fade, faint thuds could be heard from the other side - with each passing second, however, they grew louder and louder, as if a stampede was approaching.

The squad leader would make a gesture for the demolition expert to set up bombs as traps while ordering the sniper to hide on the corner to not be seen by the target.

The sorcerer went with the sniper and used their magic to make the two unseen. The heavy weapons member had their minigun ready and the first assaulter ready their newly issued pulse rifle.

The other team members all prepared themselves for the coming threat.

The stampede grew louder and louder, until it suddenly ceased. A loud knock came on the door, as if someone was begging to come in and was hitting it for anyone’s response. When none came in, however, light began filtering in through the cracks of the door, until an energy blast struck, detonating the door and the bombs set up on it.

Through the cloud of dust and ash which came forth, a horde of creatures stormed out. All of them appeared humanoid in some form, and some even resembled the people who used to work in the lower floors - be it in the shape of their hair or their face - but they were all severely mutated, with bulging muscles and exposed organs.

One after another, they leapt through the blown up entrance - instead of simply attacking the agents in front of them, however, they aimed to jump on them and bite.

The agents all began to unleash rounds of solid slugs from both pulse rifles and gauss rifles. Others fired off fletchers from gas powered needler guns and gauss rifles while a few unleashed energy bolts at the creatures. Some guns had underslung grenade launchers which were used against the monsters while some agents had dedicated grenade launchers.

The barrage saturated the air, a mix of yells, screams, roars and bullet fire overwhelming the audible senses. Far from all of the weapons thrown at the charging mutants were effective, however. Bullets could not pierce their toughened skin - and while energy shots and grenades were able to push them back, they were not doing enough to stop the assault. For every mutant blown back and flung to a wall, two more charged out of the entrance, intent to grab and bite every human in their path.

That wasn’t all, either. Anyone able to sense energy could tell that a much more powerful energy signature was approaching from deep within the horde.

Much, much more powerful.

The exosuit wearing troopers soon stepped forward and as one began to unleash azure alchemical flames that can melt even the hull of starships, the other two fired magi-particle beams at the monsters as the other squad members began to fall back.

One of the creatures yelled and hissed, caught in the flames and then having its shoulder blown apart by the particle beam, its screams unnatural, as if they were composed of multiple voices. The other mutants backed away - while it appeared that they were simply avoiding the flame, as soon as it died down, it became clear that they were actually making way for someone.

All of the mutants turned eerily silent - aside for any shots fired in their way, the entire horde was now almost frozen. The sound of heavy, metallic boots came from deep within the compound, something metallic glimmered inside the darkness in the distance, and finally the mysterious person stopped in the middle of the blasted entrance.

Compared to his minions, he was clearly more human-like, though still distinctly abnormal. At almost eight feet tall, he towered over every human in the corridor, and that wasn’t even counting his spiky hair. The pupil in his single eye focused on one squad member after another, although he didn’t appear particularly concerned by any of them. A heavy and bulky set of armor sparkled in the flickering light.

“We are so close to the surface, and yet this is all AEGIS can send to defend themselves,” the creature spoke - much like the scream from earlier, his voice was composed of numerous others, as if over a dozen people all spoke at once, synchronized, when he opened his mouth.

“Where is your Director?”

The squad was as silent as the mutant as the apparent leader spoke to them all. The encounter was being recorded and was being streamed back to the surface, with copies being sent to the other sites to prevent the valuable information from being lost.

The one holding the flame thrower aimed their weapon at the lead mutant.

“Sorry freak. Classified information. But if you want to know something consider yourself lucky you don’t have to meet her.”

The soldier unleashed the flames at the mutant. For a second, the dim lights in the room were completely overwhelmed by the bright fire - once it ceased, however, the fading flame revealed that the creature was still in one piece. His right hand was raised, and a faint crackling energy shield was swirling around him.

“I believe there has been a misunderstanding,” he muttered, slowly stepping forward. After a step, he clenched his fist, flexing the right arm’s muscle, a sudden shockwave immediately blowing across the room. Even the mutants behind him were pushed back, stopped by the walls. “I am classified information. I’m not particularly affected by that.”

“So, where is your Director?”

The soldiers began to back away from the monster as they aimed their weapons at the creature.

As the taskforce prepared for a desperate fight they would all hear hellish screams suddenly erupt as blood-like fluids began to rain from the ceiling down at the lead mutant.

Above him was a dark rift. Without warning a dark shape would dart down from the rift and crash down at the mutant, bringing him down on the floor and ultimately through the floor and down to the level below.

Now on his back he would see a pale woman with long dark hair wearing a black and golden armor. Her red eyes stare down at him.

“So you are the one causing trouble in my facility? I hate it when someone breaks my things.” her grip around the mutants neck grew tighter.

“Tell me. How do you plan to repay me for all of the destruction you and your followers caused?”

Despite being pinned down to the ground a whole floor below where he stood a second ago, the creature did not appear frightened - its singular eye now focused on the woman holding his neck and speaking at him. If anything, the appearance of one of the defenders of Earth left excitement building up in his veins.

“To the best of my ability, Elizabeth Ashwood,” he stated. Immediately, the mutant hordes on the above floor would charge again, aiming to grab the soldiers while they were still distracted and bite at them. “The doors and electronics can be rebuilt, and not a single person has died so far. I was not made to take any human lives.”

Elizabeth wouldn't turn to look at the mutant horde above as they attempted to attack the soldiers. She would stretch out her free hand and open her hand. From a burst of black and red energy materialize a sword with a blade as black as the night sky.

"Yet it seems the creatures you came with don't seem to follow your non lethal approach." She told him. Above creatures made of shadows would rise up and begin to grapple with or ensnare the mutants before they can bite down on the soldiers.

"Who are you and how did you and your kind manage to get into my facility?" she demanded as she pointed the tip of the blade above his single eye.

“If you released them, you would see that I am not bluffing.”

Suddenly, one of the creature’s hands grabbed onto the blade pointed at his eye, holding it in place, while another pressed off the floor to push him off the ground. The force with which he rose up was enormous - even a member of the Golden Trio would find themselves challenged by the strength in display.

“I have been named Noah,” he spoke, moving his foot under himself and standing up to push Elizabeth off of him. “I am an artificial lifeform, a bio-android, designated as the Defender of Earth.”

As soon as he turned to face Elizabeth directly, Noah raised his hand and clenched his fist, a burst of exotic energy immediately expelled from it and permeating the room. It would brush past the demoness or her soldiers without affecting them, but as soon as it settled, it would reveal its true effect. Magic spells or creations in its path would dissolve, and newly created ones would fizzle out, like trying to light a match in water.

“But just as importantly... I have been told that I was built stronger than any other living being in the Universe. That is why I demanded your presence. To see whether that is correct.”

The effect of the field would show it’s effect almost as it appeared. The shadowy beings began to dissolve into smoke and ashes as they let out their final screams.

Elizabeth’s eyes widened as she felt the energy hit and felt her connection to magic momentarily disappear.

Elizabeth would look over at Noah after he explained that he was made to be the Defender of Earth and the most powerful being on the planet.

“Castor was behind your creation if that is your state purpose.”

In the back of her mind a faint image of a tiny white creature within a tube would appear.

Elizabeth was puzzled by where that thought came to her but the more she stared at Noah the more that image kept returning to her mind.

“Oi, were you white when you were little?”

“Perhaps I was,” Noah replied, all while an aura began to slowly swirl around his body, shooting up. “I do not owe anything to Castor, the Nolan or any other. My only allegiance is Earth, and my father.”

The admission that he was white once made Elizabeth think of what surrounded the test tube. The lab, the machines, and finally the old man who owns them all.

“Kita.”

This time, Noah did not reply. Instead, with a grin on his face, he finally stopped waiting and jumped into action - with a burst off the ground, he lunged straight at Elizabeth, attacking with a combination of several radically different martial arts styles.

Elizabeth at first was able to react on time but blocking the first flurry of strikes but as he kept changing styles her defenses began to erode rapidly as more blows began to connect with her. Soon her defenses fully crumbled and Noah began to beat on the witch.

Yet in her mind she can’t help but feel that some of the styles looked familiar.

At one moment, the bio-android was lashing out ferociously, reminiscent of the rampage of the first Super Saiyan, Ikki, against Fuar, with grabs, slams and shoulder strikes - at another moment, his body would suddenly begin to flicker and move around Elizabeth, a focus of his void of mind allowing the creature to move and attack pretty much without thinking. In the end, Noah stopped and grabbed the demoness by the collar, then lifted her up into the air.

“Come on, Ashwood! Don’t you dare give up so quickly!”

As the battle in the lower floor continued, the packs of mutants above continued their assault - many of them, having realized that the soldiers and their demonic leader were a tough nut to crack, chose to advance to the upper floors via different routes. They were climbing through vents and taking emergency stairs in the back to prey on the remaining staff.

The soldiers would use their radios to warn everyone what the mutants were doing as they tried to take out the mutants before they could escape. One after another, however, they would end up pinned down and bitten - their bodies immediately convulsing and transforming, independent thought giving way to mindless orders, and the newly created mutants immediately lunging at their former teammates.

Elizabeth looked down at Noah. “Kita recorded our fights didn’t he? And you learned our moves thanks to him?” she would spit out blood onto the ground.

“That is why some of those attacks felt familiar. You’re nothing but a copycat.” Elizabeth let out a chuckle. A dark aura began to surround Elizabeth as whatever light in the room began to go dim and the warmth in the room was disappearing, turning into a bone chilling cold.

“That’s one way to describe it...” Noah replied, unfazed by the building up energy and the freezing cold as he stared up at the demoness. “But I prefer an entity greater than the sum of all of its parts.”

“But I doubt Kita would know about this special form I’ve been keeping. After all, I only used it once on Earth and I wasn’t exactly myself back then. How unfortunate for you that you get to be the first person on Earth to see me using this form as myself. ”

For a second, a deadly silence set in the room, before a faint snicker escaped the bio-android. Suddenly, he lowered the woman down, dropping her back on the floor and looking down at her.

“Then show me.”

Elizabeth gave the mutant a wide grin.

“With pleasure.”

She threw her head back and screamed as a burst of dark energy would erupt from her body. The burst would send most objects flying away as a black smoke began to cover Elizabeth.

From the dark cocoon black sparks can be seen trailing along the surface of the smoke. Six red dots would emit from the cocoon as they stared at Noah before the smoke covered them up and two new dots appeared in their place.

The cocoon of smoke would suddenly disrupt and as the smoke moved away it would reveal Elizabeth in a new form.

The same dark aura from before surrounded her body but it was much stronger now. The demonic fighter looked at the mutant with her red eyes, her pupils silted like that of a reptile as she gave him an open grin, revealing a set of fangs.

"I thought I wouldn't use this form again. So you have my thanks for giving me the perfect chance to use it."

With his arms folded, Noah looked down the newly transformed demoness, from the horns to the feet and tail - and replied:

“You were correct, I was not made aware of this,” A small aura began to rise around the bio-android, growing stronger and stronger - and as he tapped into more and more of his energy, it was easy to tell that it was not just his fighting styles who were borrowed from Earth’s strongest warriors. Even his energy signature was a mixture of the Golden Trio, the most powerful Earthlings, Arcosians, Tohrans and demons... Noah moved into a basic fighting stance, his arms spread out to the sides and their fists tightened.

“And don’t think I do not appreciate the effort, Elizabeth Ashwood. However... I’m sure you will soon learn that I am more than adequately prepared for this.”

Elizabeth raised her hand, sparks coming off it as well as wisps of dark energy. “Trust me, you aren’t as ready as you think you are for this form.”

Elizabeth would thrust her hand forward and from the shadows a massive dragon head made of pure dark energy would rise, it’s jaws wide open to devour Noah as it roared. The bio-android amped up his aura moments before the technique crashed down, engulfing him and much of the room in a flood of energy.

It burned for a few seconds - in the midst of the dark energy, however, a small glimmer of light began to pierce through, growing and growing.

Seeing the light growing Elizabeth would channel more shadows to push back the light and to push the dragon forward to devour Noah. Despite the growing strength of the attack, however, the light continued to grow for a bit - until it finally stabilized.

With a ball of pure white ki in his hand, Noah was holding on right before the dragon, his blast glowing in between the maws and keeping them gaping open.

“Hnngh...” he grunted under his breath, keeping up the pressure.

Elizabeth began to growl as she began to pour more shadows into the dragon head. The maw tried to clamp down on the mountain but the light kept the mouth in place.

Elizabeth would channel the darkness into her other hand and create a large claw of darkness.

She would dash towards Noah with her claw pulled back, using his light to hide from his sight. The bio-android’s eye opened in shock for a second, before the claw struck, the blast detonated, the dragon rushed forward unabated and everything detonated in a shower of light and energy. The entire HQ shook from the explosion, and so did the ground surrounding it for miles on end.

Several walls behind where Noah stood were now vaporized, revealing the empty laboratories and living chambers which were full of employees just a few hours ago. The creature himself, however, couldn’t be seen anywhere.

Elizabeth would try to look around for Noah. The cambion tried to sense out the mutant. She would also conjure tendrils of darkness and send them out to find the mutant. None of the ways to read his presence yielded conclusive results, however - the ki sense was muddled, it was as if Noah’s energy was an ambient feeling which surrounded her from every side.

The air before her flickered, and suddenly, as if arising from a shroud, the bio-android’s body appeared right before her. The artificial camouflage dropped almost immediately after - and Noah instantly sent a fist straight towards Elizabeth’s gut.

With his other hand, he channeled energy into a construct, resembling a burning lance, and gripped it tightly.

“Infinity Spear!”

Arashi’s technique at hand, he sent his other hand forward, aiming to impale the demon princess.

Elizabeth was taken back by the attack and felt the air rush out of her when Noah pounced her on the gut. But as the android created the Infinity Spear he would see a golden and black Ki and Magical energy construct being made.

"Morningstar Strike!"

She fired the energy projectile at the speaker's blades. The two attacks explode upon impact.

Elizabeth was sent flying away but while doing so she created two sawblade discs of purple and red energy. She launched the two disks back at Noah, and he ran forward, smirking. Much to his surprise, however, not only did his arms fail to punch through the disks, but the slashing techniques cut through both limbs in their path and left them falling to the ground.

If one expected him to be stopped by the loss of his arms, however, then they were in for a surprise. Unabated, Noah continued running, and right as he was about to reach Elizabeth, his right arm stump suddenly bulged and exploded with green ooze. The amputated arm regrew, and sent another powerful blow at the demoness’ gut.

The blow tore through Elizabeth's stomach but instead of blood and gore splashing upon the floor and wall like red paint, black smoke erupted out of her.

Elizabeth's form dissolved into black smoke while Noah’s arm burned with a terrible cold until it ceased. His arm was now a mummified, shivered, appendage that now hung uselessly by him. Seeing it got Noah to make a brief chuckle - although he made sure to not touch the husk, he couldn’t know if it was contagious or not.

Elizabeth would reform back into her original shape. She would form an energy blade but quickly turn it into an energy sickle. The witch let out a war cry as she charged forward to Noah.

“Haah!” the creature turned around with a yell, lunging his shoulder forward in order to counter the sickle with his shriveled arm. It slashed through easily, cleaving through the decayed husk and dropping it on the floor, while allowing Noah himself to leap back from the swing. He continued stepping back, avoiding further swings and blocking others with his legs, as if he were a gymnastic dancer.

“You were correct, Elizabeth Ashwood,” Noah began to speak, all while an energy blast gathered underneath his foot and the bio-android suddenly slammed it against the sickle to push it aside. “You are by far the most powerful opponent I have faced in my life, and I wasn’t prepared to meet this. However...

Suddenly, Noah’s face turned serious, and the creature - as odd as he looked without any arms - narrowed his one eye.

“You will never, ever, defeat me with that form.”

Elizabeth's eyes narrowed. She thought about using her true trump card but chose not to do it yet. She shouldn't reveal everything on the table just encase Noah was still hiding things from her.

Instead the aura around her began to grow. "So you want to end this huh? Fine. I need to leave soon anyway. So let's not hold back now. Show me everything you got!"

Three serpentine heads arose from the aura as massive wings formed. The heads emitted crimson glows in their eyes.

Elizabeth charged at Noah as the dragon heads opened their jaws.

“So do I, miss...” the bio-android responded, calmly, and charged forward. For a second, an aura engulfed him and his hair stood up, all while his power level grew enormously, far eclipsing the already massive power he had before, The stumps in both of his shoulders burst out into new arms and those arms grabbed two of the serpentine heads coming his way.

With a brief grunt, Noah slammed the two heads into one another, sandwiching the third head in between them, then pushed her aside as he flew at Elizabeth with blinding speed.

“...So do I.”

He clenched his fist and sent a powerful blow towards the demon queen’s face.

Elizabeth would pull back her arm as her fist combust into black flames, spectral dragons dancing within the flames. As she threw her fist back the outline of a dragon would appear and vanish just as the two fists impact on each other.

At this point, however, the massive power increase from Noah’s... transformation?.. was too much to handle. The bio-android pushed forward without being abated, before his fist suddenly pulled back to grab the demonic princess straight by the neck, through the spectral dragons, and pull both of them down to the floor with a powerful slam.

Energy crackled across the battlefield, before suddenly dissipating. Noah stepped back and turned around, showing his back to Elizabeth, and spoke:

“You have shown what you can do, but I believe there is nothing for me to gain from this fight any longer. You will never be able to defeat me, and I have plans far greater than battling you.”

Elizabeth growled. She thought of unleashing her secret weapon but she felt a strong urge from Amastu to not use that form now.

"We still don't know the full extent of his abilities. Better to monitor him in future fights and gather as much information on him before we blow our ace prematurely."

Elizabeth was silent. She hated to admit defeat but for now she will stomach it just for her to be better prepared for a future rematch against the mutant.

The witch was silent as she glared at him. She would charge an energy blast and fire it at Noah. She knew the attack was not going to do much but she refused to allow him to leave thinking he had utterly defeated her. The blast flew across the battlefield and slammed into Noah’s hand - the bio-android’s grip quickly grabbed a hold of the attack however, and with a faint grin on his face, he lowered the energetic attack.

Without any other word stated, and still holding onto the energy blast, Noah rose to the air and flew up, the floors of the facility breaking apart and parting in his way. Hearing his wordless call, the hordes of mutants stopped in their rampage across the facility and began following after him - they ran up several floors until finally pouring out into the surface of the Northern Highlands.

A silence set across the facility once again. Not a single invading mutant was left.

“Fucking hell Nolan. What sort of bullshit you got me involved in this time.” The witch would get up from the rubble she was left on and create a portal.

“I’m gonna need backup.” Elizabeth stepped through the portal as she returned to the main HQ to assemble everyone she can get into contact with.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun May 30, 2021 10:17 am

North City Surroundings, 509 AU

Theme

North City stood just a handful of miles away from the AEGIS North HQ, the vast city sprawling in a valley tucked away in a long mountain range. Ages ago, it was the largest and by far the most prominent city among the nations composing Earth’s north; now, it was merely one of a handful of the unified planet’s primary cities, though imposing nonetheless. An industrial centre, a conglomeration of science, and simply a large metropolis.

A panoramic view of the city unfolded from a nearby mountain, upon which Noah stood. Soon, the bio-android was joined by his masses of mutants, making their way up from the barren mountain range behind them.

“Eleven million people live in this stretch of land, and all of them are so helpless,” Noah muttered under his breath, faintly smiling. When his father created him, he had these helpless little people in mind. When titanic forces able to destroy planets battle it across the Galaxy, how could one be certain of the safety of the little people of Earth? At any point, they might be swept away by the tide, an unbelievably powerful villain who just happens to roll over Earth in search of goals greater than any of their understanding - or, in fact, go for it as their main prize. After all, as weak as Earth was, it still had a lot to offer to the greater threats of the Galaxy.

In fact, it has been under threat before, and Noah was informed about such threats upon his birth, his mind was loaded with information from just what has been happening in the past decade. First, the angelic scourge, then, Riker’s cyborg menaces. Whenever each of them landed, thousands of fragile beings perished, and the planet suffered. Sure, Earth has its defenders, and they have done an okay job at defeating these threats so far. But they are all limited by the laws of nature - or worse, they are alien, so they do not truly hold Earth’s interests at heart. At any moment, they may turn away, leave, or stab Earth in the back.

“But do not worry, little ones. I am here.”

This conundrum is what he was designed to fix. Earth needed a protector, and so, he was born.

Thousands of Noah’s mutants were assembling. They were not only strong enough to protect themselves from the damage left by battles of titans, but the bio-android had complete control of them. Having experienced in his battle with Liz what the threats of today may provide, he could modify their DNA accordingly. Make them stronger, and a select few - unbelievably powerful.

Plus, now, he will have eleven million more people to add to his ranks.

“Go forth!”

The hordes charged forward - and in a matter of minutes, the first distress signals from North City would sound across the planet. The city called out for help in terror, seeing mysterious, yet human-like creatures barge into the streets and capture everyone in their tracks. Streets were laid to waste, cars and buildings were set alight, and the city was swiftly being overrun.

Cries for help would reach all stations on Earth, the Moon and Mars alike, as well as ships heading towards the planet - including one carrying a familiar Saiyan on board.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun May 30, 2021 9:19 pm

PTO Garrison, Central City, the Earth, 509 AU

Spicer's quarterly inspection of the Central City Garrison was going smoothly, as usual. The Saiyan general, since Arashi's mission, took on more direct control over the running of the PTO forces within the Sol Imperium, having assumed during the Tohran's "transfer" command over the PTO as well as the organisation's liaison to the Earth government. It was, in one sense, much more of a heavy workload for Spicer, who had to balance his duties as Serena's consort as well as a father with his duties to the PTO, but one marked change since he took over Arashi's job was a great streamlining of PTO functions, and Spicer was adamant on maintaining discipline and training despite being in one of the "softer" sectors of the PTO.

This was why Spicer insisted on more rigorous training, often organised and led by him personally, and more regular inspections of bases to ensure they were in working order. The Angel Crisis and Riker's Insurrection loomed largely, and the PTO leadership was aware of the situation on Mars. Spicer, with the support of Glacia and Serena, was adamant that the Earth was safe.

So it was that on that day, Spicer roamed the halls of the Central City Garrison, finding everything in order and up to his--and Glacia's--standards. The Saiyan general looked at the white walls and tiled floor of the base, as soldiers saluted in perfect order, and Spicer resisted the urge to let out a satisfied grin.

The regimentation of military life had its comforts, certainly, he thought as a message beeped onto his scouter. An unknown attack on North City, not yet reported by the EBC news.

Spicer frowned, not liking the reports coming through, but he was quick to forward the report to the Prime Minister and his Cabinet as well as Serena.

I don't like what I'm reading, either, Spicer thought as he put the PTO on alert across the planet, and sent directives to the next closest base to the North: the Heights. However, Spicer encountered a problem he didn't anticipate. He couldn't contact AEGIS. Thinking fast as he flew north, Spicer called the next best person.

"Lottus," he called the Viceroy. "Get your Legion on alert and meet me at Metallia's Castle. I'm having trouble contacting Elizabeth."

Turkducken
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

From the Desk of Prime Minister Toranosuke Yoshida

Postby Turkducken » Mon May 31, 2021 7:49 pm

Britanania wrote:
Collab with Turk, Part One

Glacia took a moment to look at Tora-san’s hand. She knew from Spicer’s reports that hand-shaking was a custom on Earth, but also knew from Serena that typically the sovereign extends a hand first.

Still, Spicer mentioned this Yoshida is not the most formal of men, she mused.

The Empress of the Milkyway offered her hand to the Prime Minister.

“I am very glad to finally arrive on the planet of my favourite general and his charming wife,” Glacia returned with a smile. “And I am glad to have met Queen Serenity’s most loyal minister.”

“Yes,” Tora-san chafed under the title, “Her Majesty has a wonderful family.” he distractedly looked around at the small children running around, “We are,” he coughed nervously, raising his other arm awkwardly to shield it, “honored to receive you.” he shook her smaller hand daintily. He broke his grip after an appropriate amount of time, an awkward moment of dead silence between the two wafting through their conversation.

“And what of Her Highness the Queen Regent?” Glacia asked after a few moments, making a sideways glance at Arsle as she moved about like a lioness on the prowl after handing off her granddaughter to Selene. “All things considered, a bold move for her to accept Serenity’s invitation.”

Tora-san thought about this, “The Queen Mother of Mars has remained on good terms with both Her Majesty and I.” He considered the meeting they had several months ago, “My government saw reason to negotiate a few guarantees from her while the Queen was away.”

A waiter passed by them carrying glasses of water. Tora-san signaled for the man to stop, taking a glass and thanking him for his service. “But yes, perhaps bold.” he carefully leveraged back to Glacia.

“Yes, a fine example of brinkmanship,” Glacia said with a nod. “But what of the rumours coming from your red neighbour?”

The corner of Tora-san’s mouth creased into a frown, “How bold of you to ask.” he gave the Empress a disapproving look, “Are such things not internal affairs?” nonetheless he took a quick look at their surroundings, “May I ask for a walk your Majesty?” he politely inquired, checking the time on his wrist device.

The empress gave a slight shrug.

“I prefer to keep the administration internal, but I enjoy a good rumour,” she told the prime minister. Glacia noted the way Yoshida looked at her, and around the room in general before he asked her for a walk.

“A quick one, of course,” she mused with a hint of a smile, her tail moving about, as she gestured. “As you were, Your Excellency.”

The title chafed against Tora-san’s sensibilities, nevertheless he led the Acrosian Empress from the busy public room and onto a balcony on an adjourning hallway. The paned glass balcony door swung open and closed silently as they slipped into a more private area. Unlike the larger balcony attached to the ballroom itself, this was far more intimate.

The lights and sounds of the gathering were distant here. The trailing lights from inside casting long shadows onto the balcony. In the intermittent shots of visibility, Tora-san gave the Empress a hard look, “What do you know about Mars?” he spoke quietly.

Glacia gave Yoshida a bit of a wry smile on her cat-like face.

“I have a few friends on the ground,” she admitted. “A few sources who tell me things that the Martian Media will not--and cannot--reveal.” The empress paused for a moment, lowering her voice.

“I know that Arsle is waging a war of complete genocide against the Tohrans, and they will respond in turn.”

Tora-san scowled in the darkness, turning to the edge of the balcony, “And what does the PTO plan to do about this?” he sighed, leaning against the railing, “Nothing? Presumably you’ll just let them handle it and decide whoever is left is the winner?”

“Legally speaking, there is not much I am allowed to do,” Glacia admitted. “Of course, Prime Minister, you are aware of the special status the Sol System enjoys, which largely prevents outside interference. We are not even allowed to garrison forces on Mars.” The Arcosian paused for a moment, letting the matter sit, until she continued.

“The Queen Mother needs to be removed from power, and that can only happen internally, or, as internally as we can get. That is why I am arranging matters to send the Tohrans their best hope of surviving to Mars to help them win this war.”

Facing away from her, Tora scowled, “And what does that entail? Sending the Torhan Rebels weapons? Infiltrating their ranks? Permissive ‘volunteers’?” he paused, silently thinking, before shaking his head in disapproval, “I won’t abide it. Internal matters stay internal.” he pointedly stated.

“So you would allow the extermination of an entire species?” Glacia sarcastically replied with a head shake of her own. “Because that is what will happen. This war will only end when one of them is exterminated, and I cannot allow that, either. I am merely giving the Tohrans the only thing they lack.”

“The best that can come of this,” Tora-san began, still looking away from the Empress as they spoke, “Is offering shelter and homes to those who flee the violence, that much we can do, and should do.” He stood up straight, gripping the rail tightly, “Tell me, how many species are like Humans? How many species that have been encountered have histories of great interpersonal violence, before some form of unification?” he took a moment to consider his thought, before continuing, “This is an artificial situation, one I was not initially a part of, but it was seemingly by design.”

He finally turned to face the Empress, giving her a clearly angry look as he continued to speak, “It seems as though someone intended for these things to happen. Either that,” he paused with a sense of great outrage, “or the worst type of decision making was had, and an ignorant foolish decision was made disregarding any care for these people.” he finished bluntly and accusatively to the Empress.

The Arcosian merely shrugged.

“The destruction of Tohra was a tragedy on par with the loss of Salada,and Queen Serenity was the only leader in the PTO who accepted the Tohrans as refugees. Any mistakes that were made, I intended to rectify by giving the Tohrans the leadership they need, and curtailing the worst tendencies of both the Saiyans and the Tohrans in the process. You do not have to like this or agree with me, Prime Minister, but I highly doubt someone of your integrity will sit back and watch millions of innocents be slaughtered.”

Tora-san looked down at the Empress, “The Hubris to imagine that whole peoples with entire histories and cultures, just as elaborate as yours, are pawns to play with. I don’t know if your people are particularly long lived!” Tora-san shouted, losing his deliberate character, “But to imagine other sentients as objects to be corralled and controlled…” he scowled with disgust, “Despicable!”

Glacia, however, merely shrugged.

“It appears that the reports of your moralising were not unfounded, Prime Minister, but I remind you, your species is only now coming into its own regarding the wider galaxy. Do not mistake my movements for mere enjoyment,” Glacia said, allowing her normally airy voice to harden to one bordering on icy coldness. “And I assure you, anyone else in my position would propose much harsher measures,” she concluded, returning to the near whisper she normally spoke with, as she began to float back towards the main room.

Tora-san, still flush with anger, turned again to face the Empress as she left the balcony, “I said I won’t abide by it! I won’t allow yours or anyone else’s meddling! We have rights as a system, and I intend to invoke them!” he dramatically pointed at her.

The Empress of the Known Galaxy turned to look at Yoshida as he yelled at her.

“Only by my own generosity and the generosity of Queen Serenity,” she reminded him, before turning her back fully on the human and returning to the party.

Temporarily defeated, Tora-san’s arm limply fell to the side. Determinedly, he gathered his resolve and turned back to the empty sky at the end of the balcony. “Everything in my power. I will do...everything in my power…” he thought to himself, knuckles white from his grip on the railing
Discord: Turkducken#3718

That's a She/Her from me Boss

Metal...Gear?!

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:57 pm

Collab with Naval

Viceroy’s Palace, Nova Airceltria, the Heights, 509 AU

“Would you like some more tea, Sybille?” Selene asked her fellow half-Saiyan as they sat around a small table, alongside Sybille’s cousins Alexia and Theodora. Pesu was sleeping in a corner, with Squiggly sitting next to Selene as he munched on a piece of banana bread. Theodora had two empty seats on either side of her, with teacups where people would normally be.

Close by Nymphaea was lying down on a couch. The ruling witch of the Heights was tired from her job and was willing to just sleep for a few minutes.

She heard Sybille accept the offer for more tea as she can hear the sounds of some robot making sound effects as it fired off its imaginary laser. The Saiyaness smiled as she closed her eyes to allow the ambiance of the room to make her forget about all of her worries and frustrations.

Just as she was relaxing she would hear someone approach her. She would open her eyes to see Theodora.

“Mommy is fighting a monster.”

The Saiyaness looked at her niece for a few moments and would blink.

“Why is--”

Just then, Spicer’s voice rang out from a nearby scouter on a table.

“Lottus, get your Legion on alert and meet me at Metallia’s Castle. I’m having trouble contacting Elizabeth.”

Nymph would look back at Theodora before she picked up the scouter.

“I’m on it, give me a few minutes,” she would tell the Saiyan before hanging up and picking up a nearby phone. The witch could already feel something was very wrong, with Theodora’s expression and the sound of Spicer’s voice.

“Mom? I need you to watch the kids for a little bit…”:

Metallia’s Castle

A portal opened up outside of the PTO Garrison stationed at the castle. Spicer and members of Nymph’s legion were already waiting for the witch as she stepped out, the soldiers saluting her as she did.

Spicer gave her a quick nod and filled her in on the details.

“We’re already set up a perimeter around North City and cooperating with local police and military forces with defending civilians, but despite whatever these monsters are we haven’t received any word from AEGIS.”

Nymph would nod.

“Well, if sis were in trouble I’m sure she would contact me.”

“I hope you’re right,” Spicer muttered as he flew down towards the city. Nymph would follow right behind him.
Last edited by Britanania on Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:29 am

What a few years life had been. More or less married, moved, had a kid who was starting to approach the age where they needed to start looking for schools. Deimos was already talking, and doing a decent job at it as children were want to do. Like asking questions about if he was a gummi bear, would he eat himself. Ovan couldn't quite explain that it would probably hurt or ask how that would have happened in the first place. But he loved his son, and he would break the galaxy over his knee to protect him.

The day began like any other day, he'd woken up, ate whatever food he could be bothered to find first, and was preparing to go harass Ralla for a few hours when the cartoons that Deimos was watching was interrupted by the ear grating emergency alert noise. As much as he hated it, it served a very good purpose. Being obnoxious and distinctive tended to get attention. The voice came on, telling everyone within North City to stay in their homes or get to shelter. He pushed his energy sense out a bit and immediately felt why. There were a lot of... Somethings, swarming the city and two others. One that was... It was definitely Liz. He recognized that energy signature... Dragon Liz. "Anchovy!" He called. He was glad this happened before he went and tired himself out

"What?!" She yelled back.

"There is... An army of God knows what attacking North City. Plus two other things I might need to deal with."

"You gonna go stop it?"

"Yeah! Keep an eye on Deimos. I'll be right back." He looked to see that his son had gotten bored and was busy crashing toy cars into each other. He walked out of the dojo and shot into the sky, heading towards the problem city.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:25 pm

Collab with Saint and Naval

Princess Artemis Royal Orphanage, Silver City, Luna
As the events raged down below on the Earth, Earth’s queen had not yet been informed as she was attending an important function. It was the opening ceremony for a new orphanage named after Serena’s late mother, an initiative the now twenty-seven year old sovereign felt was very close to her heart. Paid for and run by the Crown directly, the orphanage also served as a hospital and school for low-income families as well. The cause was especially dear to Serena, of course, as she lost her parents at a young age.

Her brothers, princes Castor and Pollux, were also due to attend but the twins were currently working in a diplomatic capacity with the PTO and were still not yet back in the Sol System.

Once the ribbon cutting was completed, Serena met with many of the children personally before she ascended the podium and began her speech.

“Any society must be judged based on how it treats its most vulnerable members,” the queen started from her memorised speech as she glanced over at the onlookers and media members. The news from North City, it would appear, had not yet reached them, no doubt as security forces were putting up a blockade to prevent panic.

“And among our most vulnerable are children. I can remember perfectly the day my own parents passed, and have seen for myself the tremendous work being done by the many charities and government organisations who are searching for new ways of tackling the dilemma, a silent dilemma for many. Since I’ve become a mother, there has not been a day when I have not wondered what the future will hold for my two children, and no mother should have to worry about whether her children can be provided for. At what stage should she give up her role as a parent? Who can she rely on to take care of them? Where can she find the right kind of support to decide what is best for them? How can she be sure that her family history and traditions won't be lost? Moreover, These children need to feel the same things as other children. To play, to laugh and cry, to make friends, to enjoy the ordinary experiences of childhood, to feel loved and nurtured and included by the world they live in. I was fortunate to have had a loving pair of grandparents to take me in, but because many are not as fortunate, it is my duty to make sure no mother and no child should worry. That is why I am happy and proud to open the Princess Artemis memorial Orphanage.”

The crowd began to clap as Serena exited the podium and more photos were taken, leading into a light reception with media members, government and business leaders, and the orphans coming to live in the complex.

As the crowd applaud over Serena's speech a portal would open in the reception. The workers in the room would see a silver hair woman in red step out. She would see the workers and give them a smirk. "My my. Looks like I arrived fashionably late to a party." She turn her sight to a few of the younger workers.

"I'm sure you lovely people can help little old me. Do you know where Serena is? I need to see her right now."

A flustered waiter removed a handkerchief and wiped his brow as the witch talked to him, and he nervously pointed in the direction of Earth’s sovereign.

“H-her Majesty is over there,” he muttered out to Alex.

Alex would get very close to the waiter. Enough that her face was just inches from the waiter as she lean over to his ear. Her hands on his shoulders.

“Thank you for that love.” she whispered in a low, airy, and husky tone. The witch would pull back gently move back and just to tease the man give him a quick peck on the cheek before moving away.

“Take care now.” she told him as she walked to where he pointed. She swayed her hips with more swing than needed, knowing that the waiter was watching her.

During her trek to find Serena the witch looked around the location she found herself in. Surprised to find herself in an orphanage.

Eventually the witch found Serena the witch would quickly cast a spell to make herself invisible so she can get close without being noticed.

Once Alex was close to Serena she would throw her arms around the queen and say loudly.

“HEY, HEY!”

The witch would become visible.

“How is life treating my little apprentice? Are your kids doing well? Are you making sure you spend time with them and making sure to remind Spicer where his place is?”

Serena gave Alex a polite smile, although inwardly she was concerned that the deceased Grand Mistress managed to invite herself to a reception at an orphanage, especially dressed as she was. Still, Serena didn’t dwell on that for long as there had to certainly be a reason Alex was here?

“I’m doing well, Alex,” she told her. “The children and Spicer are doing well, but what are you doing here? This doesn’t seem like your sort of event…”

The older witch shrugged. “I mean I can use improvised. Besides I found this one cute waiter who is very much interested in me.” she would let out a chuckle.

However as quickly as she showed amusement her expression would become serious.

“Your husband and Nymphaea asked me to bring you over. There is an attack happening in North City and none of them can reach Elizabeth.”

This was news to the queen, but she nodded to the witch.

“I understand. If you spoke with Nymph, then you must be watching the children--they had a playdate in the Heights. Do you mind taking Helios with you? He’s at the palace.”

Alex puffed her cheeks. “When did I became a nanny for everyone? I use to be the grand mistress of a secret order of mages you know!” she crossed her arms and turn her head away from Serena.

Of course it was clear that she was joking with how over dramatic she reacted to the comment.

The queen smiled and gave Alex a quick hug from behind.

“Thanks Alex, I appreciate it,” she would tell the witch before she began to make her departure, saying goodbye to some guests and telling her aides that she was needed elsewhere. Once that was arranged, Serena found a secluded space and transformed and teleported back down to Earth.

Alex watched Serena go off. “I can take care of royal children. How different can Serena’s kids be compared to my kids?” she would go off to find Helios.

North City

The queen, in her guise as Guardian Venus, teleported alongside Nymph and Spicer as they flew down towards North City.

“Hey, Alex told me that situation, or at least some of it” she called over to Nymphaea, before looking over at her husband. “She’s taking Helios with her back to Maikai, as well. Where is the enemy?”
Last edited by Naval Monte on Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:39 pm

North City, the Earth, 509 AU

Spicer shot Serena a smile as she appeared almost literally out of thin air. The Saiyan shouldn't have been surprised she arrived as quickly as she did--word tends to travel rather quickly, and depending on the level of this threat they could use all the help they could get.

At least the children will be in safe hands, if it comes to that, he thought when Serena mentioned that Alex had taken Helios back to Maikai, presumably to be with Selene and the other children.

"We received reports of monster attacks," Spicer filled her in, and anticipating her response, he added. "We don't think they breached from Yggdrasil, and AEGIS apparently aren't responsible so these appear to be 'home-brewed'," he informed her. "A stay-at-home order is in place, and local military and PTO are doing their best to eliminate them, but we're here to assist and hopefully find the root cause."

As Spicer finished up, the Golden Trio landed in the centre of town, a group of mutants heading towards them just as Spicer's scouter picked up Ovan on his way.

"Good, it seems back-up is here as well."

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:04 am

Star Sheriff Ikki!

"The receiver is not responding to your call, please try again later."

Seeing the flashing words on the computer screen, Ikki struck a frown. It was odd, Liz would usually respond to his calls pretty quickly - if his spaceship couldn't ring her up, that means she must be separated from her phone. But what for? And how's he going to inform her in advance that he's stopping by to visit? The Saiyan folded his arms, thinking.

"Well, I suppose I could send a call to someone else from the gang..." he mumbled under his breath. Spicer or Ovan, perhaps? But who knows how far away they are from everyone, it might take them even longer to inform his family while flying around on Earth...

"Where are they, anyway?"

Ikki pressed a finger on his forehead, focusing on the energies down on the approaching Earth - they immediately surprised him. Everyone was gathering together in a single location. Spicer, Ovan, Serena, Nymph... and they were inching closer towards a fifth. Unfamiliar, yet very powerful ki signature to the north of them, which...

Ohh, no. No, no, no. That's no good...

Immediately, the Saiyan typed on the keyboard panel in his spaceship's control system, activating full throttle.

Noah

After the first ten minutes of the assault, the situation in North City started to stabilize a bit. The hordes of mutants began to withdraw a bit, dragging thousands of captured people, converting them, and gathering in the captured, smouldering city centre. High-rise office buildings dominated this section of the city, the few office workers who managed to evacuate when the invasion first began were now in the suburbs, but most of them were trapped from the outside and eventually converted.

Forces from Earth's northern region were gathering in the city, at least to help protect the people still not captured by the mutant horde. The soldiers, policemen, mages and AEGIS agents alike could tell that these weren't just ordinary monsters, however. They turned any living being they saw into more of their own, and just a single one could take on an average ki user without difficulty, much less average soldiers with guns.

Noah, meanwhile, stood atop one of the office buildings, a panoramic view of North City surrounded him, but he focused on something else instead.

"For you, I shall give... regeneration and Kita Force access are mandatory, of course, but your genes will also allow you to... hm, access to entangled space-time to teleport over medium distances... perhaps this should be enough..."

The extended needle-like port from Noah's armor's wrist withdrew back - and suddenly, the faceless mutant before him began to convulse, transform and grow, until eventually its genetic alteration forced it to take the shape of a deformed, muscular monster. It panted, taking deep breaths and grunting, a massive inflow of new power coming from its optimized genome flooding in.

A select handful of upgraded mutants surrounded the bio-android. Some had lost their inhuman features and were now more akin to possessed humans with some unnatural features. One still kept the white T-shirt it was wearing before conversion, another was clearly insect-like, yet humanoid enough to not repulse the average person. Others remained mutated, but in different ways - one was a skeletal creation with dozens of sharp tentacles replacing its hair, another was a monster with dozens of arms and heads at once. All of them, however, shared one thing - they were a step above the average mutant under Noah's command, their powers rapidly spiking, and their abilities no longer limited to simple bludging attacks and bites. They wielded Kita Force, they had a plethora of abilities, from elemental powers to teleportation, and they left a faint smile on Noah's face.

As powerful as he is, he cannot be everywhere at once, and these "Lieutenants" should prove adequate for the job.

After all...

Noah turned over his shoulder and glanced to the horizon. He could not ignore the concentration of power levels in the distance - the Earth's strongest defenders were already here, just as he expected.

No reason to hide.

Noah's Lieutenants all dispersed from the tower he stood on, each one taking their place atop a high-rise building, as if they were each pillars dotting a wasteland. An aura began to bubble around the bio-android, his power level activating and immediately shooting upwards - expecting Earth's defenders to be able to register it, he left it as a signal for them.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:27 pm

Earth- North City

The hums of the gunship's engines echo throughout the interior of the craft as Elizabeth sat on a deactivated boxy droid with legs that was tipped on its side. As she smoked on a cigarette she looked at the holographic projection of North City as it burned to the ground.

"Noah's mutants has the whole city swarmed. They are rounding up anyone they can find so their leader to convert them into more of those abominations." one of the commanders in the room shouted. If she remembered correctly his name was Dougal MacDonald, a native of the North. The commander wore a modified variant of the newest armor for Aegis, or as many began to call it; the Phase II.

The armor who wore looked mostly identical to the default on most areas. However a set of armored pads covered the respirators to not only offer them a degree of protection but also to keep the heat close by as he was stationed on one of the coldest regions of the Earth. The back of his helmet had a long slope plate that covered both the back of his head and neck. His helmet was also equipped with a compact and powerful communications antenna on the left side The commander also had shoulder guard armor on his right shoulder, the waist cape normal to high ranking members within AEGIS or worn by specialized units being held by a utility belt, with twin sets of hip armor attached. His color pattern was the same as the Northern troopers, white with green patterns.

"It isn't just Noah. All of those monsters can turn people into more of them." Shepard told MacDonald as he held his new helmet around his right arm. "That is is why we need to rescue the people they have before they can use them to make more of their kind." Shepard would move his hand up to the hologram.

"That is why we should set up the golem walkers to block the streets and move up the tower that our agents have discovered the mutant leader to be hiding in." the images of the walkers would appear as well as a ring of tanks surrounding them.

"The military would block off the area encase the mutants break through with their tanks. The PTO would provide both ground and aerial support." He explained to the other commanders present in the gunship.

"With any luck those heroes the media loves would show up to give us a hand. They can at least distract the leader so he doesn't come down and destroy us all." Vladimir grimly stated. The commander of the Heights still wore his white hood but now it was attached to a poncho cape. The waist cape remain but his armor changed to fit with the Phase II, his helmet even changed drastically from it's gasmask form. The only thing that remained was the monochromatic color scheme. The few soldiers with him also the same hooded poncho capes but lacked the waist cape and their helmets were the default ones.

"That is the plan. We let them deal with the leader and any elite underlings he would have while we deal with the rest of his army and save the people they have captured." Shepard said as he was putting on his helmet. Elizabeth looked over at the armor of Shepard and found that it still retained the black and red coloring from the first version. However he only had one PTO style shoulder guard over his left shoulder and a retractable range finger on the right side of his helmet. The waist cape around his legs had a red highlight on on the edge and the hip armor plates were smaller than standard PTO plates. The rest of his unit had the same color as him, but while some look like default soldiers others looked very different; from having the same single shoulder guard armor and smaller hip armor as Shepard they also sported the same waist cape as him, only their helmets differed along with the presence of jetpacks on their backs.

"And then those guys of course take all of the credit just like last time." one soldier spoke out which Elizabeth was able to determine was from the North. The North soldiers wore suits that was not only made for their region but was inspired by the old armor used by the Height troopers. insulating body suit under plates of armor, with visor looked more like shades built into a mask that was a leather mesh that covered much of the face and reached the chest. The back of the helmet had long plates that covered not just the back of the head but also the neck, much like MacDonald. Just like him the soldier had the white with green pattern color scheme and had the waist cape, however the cape seem to be a part of the insulation suits.

"Keep your whining to yourself soldier. Right now rescuing the hostages is more important than credit."

The gunship's sliding doors would open as they all look down at the city below. The carrier variant of the gunships were dropping down the golem walkers just as Earth tanks were surrounding them. Some of the carriers would drop down small hover tanks that would charge forward. From the streets other ships and helicopters would land down and release soldiers. Some throwing capsules to release smaller walkers, hover tanks, and bikes for them to use as they and Earth soldiers charge forward to deal with the mutants.

As the gunship flew closer to the heart of the mutant infestation Elizabeth can sense Noah's power. "Land the gunship now!" Elizabeth ordered just as she changed into her dragon form, surprising some of the troopers in the craft. The pilot didn't question her order as he began to land the craft on the street. "I have to go deal with Noah with the others. The rest of you deal with the mutants. Make sure none of them break the line." the commanders all agreed as Elizabeth would step off the gunship and fly off to the tower.

Shepard and the other commanders would lead their respective troopers through the city as they already detected energy signatures matching the PTO flying to the city to aid them.

From the sky the legion that was under the command of Nymphaea can see the city. Dunwich would tap on his scouter to try and contact Spicer.

"General, this is Dunwich. My unit is approaching the city now. But it seems the military and AEGIS reached the city before we could. I can see their aircrafts buzzing around." Kubu would shiver to herself as she turn on her scouter. "I also sense something else. It isn't the mutants. It... it feels like that dragon from before back in the South." she told him.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:24 pm

Before Ovan landed to join his fellow comrades from Wraith Squadron, Spicer's scouter buzzed with a message, as the octopus extraterrestrial's voiced rang into his head. Spicer nodded and pressed a button, showing him the positions of the PTO forces in the city and the AEGIS operatives.

"Roger, you are free to engage the enemy at will," he told Dunwich, as the Heran kunoichi chimed in. Spicer pressed another button on his scouter, detecting several major power levels in the region, but also the "something" that Kubu noticed.

I have a pretty good idea of who that is, Spicer thought.

"Focus only on the mutants," Spicer replied. "it seems that Elizabeth has shown up with some backup, and not a moment too soon. Contain the threats and help the civilians as best you can. Out."

Spicer looked over to Nymph and Serena. His scouter picked up another power signature, much higher than the others.

"Whoever is responsible wants to meet us, it seems. He went through the trouble to call us, we might as well comply, but let's stay cautious." The Saiyan flared his aura and flew off towards the direction of Noah.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:17 pm

Ovan flew, things becoming a little clearer as he neared North city. Several strong power levels that definitely weren't his friends, coupled with one that was quite strong, but wasn't in the city like the others. His first instinct told him to charge the strong one, but a near immediate second thought suggested that he start with the ones attacking the city. The one waiting outside was likely trying to bait them, stalling for his lieutenants to accomplish whatever it was they were trying to do to the city. They were individually powerful enough to wipe it out with a half hearted attack, so he couldn't help but wonder what their goal was.

He flew over the city, his body shifting to the weaker variant of his true shape as he suddenly stopped just before touching the asphalt. "You each get five seconds to improve my mood. Failure to do so will result in immediate death."

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:56 am

Noah

Now that more and more forces were being poured into North City, the strategy of the mutant hordes began to change. No longer were they simply rushing at enemy lines to catch, drag and bite defenseless citizens - any such wave attack would prove useless, as overwhelming force from the human soldiers and machines would pulverize them in seconds regardless.

Instead, they began to build. Rip material from the surrounding buildings and from the streets, crush it and shape it with incredible force and collective effort, and build. In a matter of minutes, the mutant hordes would erect walls banding the entire center of the city. The advanced among them, whom Noah bestowed not just with physical strength, but with the ability to tap into ki as well, cast energy shields and fired back at helicopters flying above.

Noah continued to stand atop the skyscraper, concerned somewhat, its finger waggling and waving as it sent new and new orders to thousands linked to its central command. Now that the resistance was growing fierce, its priority became to minimize casualties as much as possible - it was its duty to keep them all safe, after all. Soon, however, the bio-android turned its attention elsewhere. The Defenders of Earth were heading towards Noah and the Lieutenants.

With the faintest smile on his face, Noah waved his hand forward - the insect-like mutant, registering sent orders, raised its arms forward and fired a series of strings towards the incoming heroes. Those were no mere strings, however - it was an energy technique, travelling through space at hypersonic speed and entangling spacetime in its path. It sought to wrap around and bind its targets - then, if successful, immediately begin draining them of any energy stored inside them. Ki, magical, demonic, whatever could be used as fuel.

Noah leapt down from his rooftop, making hundreds of meters in a single bounce and then starting to float down, making a pose with his arms spread out.

"Welcome!"

So many familiar faces were here... For each one Noah registered, a heap of data implanted in its brain would pop out. All the information gathered about them over several years - all of their adventures, battles and displays of power now served it.

"It is good to finally meet you, Wraiths Squadron. We're almost family," Noah spoke, its singular eye looking down at the assembled heroes. "I have been designated as the defender of Earth, the strongest of any other mortal beings in the Universe - Noah Kita."

For a second, the bio-android glanced to the side, its eye staring off to where the battle between the soldiers on the ground and Noah's mutants were most ferocious - with explosions, gunfire and energy blasts dotting the horizon. Noah's Lieutenants began to leave their rooftops as well, flying forward and approaching the confrontation with the Wraiths Squadron - and all of them were ready for battle.

"Unfortunately, it seems the circumstances have developed in the way that I will have to defend the Earth from you, as well."

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:15 pm

Ovan arrived before Spicer and the others, but not too long, as Spicer got to the location of the bio-android and his cohorts just in time to hear the conversation between the human marital artist and the technological terror. The Saitan remained silent as the Ovan, and then Noah, spoke, his eyes darting between the two of them throughout the "conversation", although Spicer hoped Ovan would try being a little more diplomatic, especially in an area where there were still civilians present.

It would be unwise of us to have a large-scale battle here, Spicer reasoned. For all its talk of being a protector of Earth, it doesn't seem that he is interested in saving lives...

After the android revealed its intentions and its origins, Spicer gnashed his teeth. Kita had gone and done something incredibly stupid, it appeared, and whatever it was he wanted to do, it seemed that the scientist couldn't control it.

That's on us, I suppose, for not keeping an eye on him, the Saiyan thought with a sigh, keeping his eyes on the other monsters.

"Doesn't this seem a little backward?" Spicer called out to Noah. "If you are what I think you are, a creation of Dr Kita, then you should know that we mean you or the Earth no harm, and yet you are hurting people for what purpose?" he asked.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse