NATION

PASSWORD

Frontlines: The German Assault (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:32 pm

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:Ok, so I have a question about pooling supply points. Do we have to be together/communicate with each other IC, or do we just have to agree OOCly? Meaning, if I had, could I have just called in the carpet bombing from my platoon radio (now knowing I have one, lol)? Or do we need to radio in our request to the company radio, then the NPC company commander calls it in? What's the etiquette here?

So, if all parties agree in OOC to pool their points together typically the way it'll go is that one of our characters or all of them will radio in their IC posts to the command above them (in this case it would be Battalion HQ under Oberstleutnant Paul Fischer) and I'll post the request going up the chain of command until it gets to where it needs to go. So in the future, if players agree to pool points they can also agree to either a single individual sending out the support request in the IC or they all can with the upper command taking the request seriously regardless. Mainly, things just will rely on OOC agreement more than anything and I'll make sure it goes through in the IC. :)

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:18 pm

Cool. Thanks
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them
-George Mason
I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.
-George Mason

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:01 am

Character Application
Name: Lechle de la Mazière
Ethnicity: French
Unit: 3rd Platoon < 2nd Company < 1st Battalion < 1st Motorized Infantry Regiment < 29th Infantry Division
Skills: Offensive Doctrine (Offensive Combat Boost) x2, + Speaks French.
Appearance (Picture, Description, or Both):
Medium-length parted black hair, blue eyes, 1.6m (5'11"), lean build @ 165lbs (75kg).
- Sprained left wrist.

Personality:
Jingoistic and brave, de la Mazière is usually always yelling at his older compadres, rarely intimidated by his lack of experience at the front. An individualist, and rarely a team player, de la Mazière is centred around breaking barriers his own way and has little interest in cooperating with his Platoon counterparts. Easily agitated and consistently acts as though he has something to prove.

History:
Lechle de la Mazière was born in the city of Weimar on the 25th of December, 1922 making him 18 years at his promotion to Leutnant. Officially, he was born in 1920, amidst German economic strife, the wrath of the Freikorps, and the attempted Kapp Putsch. Alongside him, his younger sister Maria de la Mazière of 1922. He was often ostracized from this family for his pro-Germanic and anti-Francophone sentiment, making him distant from his parents by the onset of Conscription. At the earliest oppurtunity, de la Mazière was an excelling student in the Hitlerjugend.

The son of French immigrants to Germany, de la Mazière was the most vehement and radical in his family, growing up and attending schools during the rise of Fascism in Europe and developing a sense of jingoism. Angry at himself for not being of Germanic blood, de la Mazière sought to prove himself to German authorities that he was capable of upholding the nation's pride. On numerous occasions de la Mazière would skip school or sneak from his home to spectate SA street action. The misguided youth was a civilian participant and assistant to SA actions during Kristallnacht, during which de la Mazière developed a hatred for propagandized criminal and repulsive lower-class elements of Germany.

De la Mazière graduated from High School early, and applied for membership in both the SS and Order Police, the latter on multiple occasions. He was denied from both organisations for then age and physical requirements. Around this time, at the onset of the Invasion of Poland, his father was conscripted into the 29th Infantry Division which was pooling from a small Francophone community in Jena-Auerstedt, descendants of the Napoleonic Empire. At some point in time, his father was the commanding officer of the 3rd Platoon.

By 1941, Germany was on the brink of the then largest military operation in world history, easing military requirements to fill the ranks of the Wehrmacht with young, nationalistic men. On the recommendation, assistance, and blessing of his superior in the Hitlerjugend, de la Mazière finally was granted the opportunity to serve his country and prove his loyalty on the condition he lied about his age, his papers reading two years older then he really was. De la Mazière was fast-tracked through Officer's Academy with flying colours, entering service as an Unterfeldwebel. His request to be attached to Feldpolzei Divisions was denied, and instead, while coming with news of his father's death at the front, de la Mazière was shock-promoted to Leutnant and assigned to the Francophone Platoon of the 29th Infantry Division.

The Platoon in question had been used as cannon-fodder and crack-troops through it's employment. De la Mazière was tasked with taking the remants of the under-strength and weak-willed platoon and forming a crack unit that can hold out for the regular German infantry. Command placed little faith in the unit and often times they'd be fighting alone. Overflowing with confidence and youthful idealism, de la Mazière was willing to go against all of Russia to change that.

Equipment:
3rd Platoon 'Francophonie'
1x Command Squadron (A)
  • 1x Leutnant 'Lechle de la Mazière' (Platoon CO | MP-40, Steyr M1912, 2x Model 24 Stick Grenade)
  • 1x Unteroffizier 'Cédric Degrelle' (Platoon XO | MP-40, Luger P08, 2x Model 24 Stick Grenade)
  • 1x Gefreiter 'Lagare ...' (Radioman | Kar-98k, 1x Feldfu b. Backpack Radio)
  • 1x Platoon Medic 'Marie Lévesque' (Walther P38, Medical Kit)
  • 1x Soldat (Runner / Kar-98)
  • 2x Obersoldat (Command Security / Kar-98k, 2x Model 24 Stick Grenades)

2x Infantry Squadrons (B) & (C)
  • 1x Unteroffizier (MP-40, 2x Model 24 Stick Grenade)
  • 1x Gerfreiter (Kar-98k, 2x Model 24 Stick Grenades)
  • 1x Obersoldat (Machine Gunner | MG-34, Walther P38)
  • 1x Soldat (Machine Gun Assistant | Walther P38)
  • 1x Soldat (Machine Gun Ammobearer | Kar-98k, 2x Model 24 Stick Grenades, and carrying 2x 300rd 7.92x57mm Belt Ammo Boxes)
  • 5x Soldat (Infantrymen | Kar-98k, 2x Model 24 Stick Grenades)

1x Infantry Squadron (D) (Understrength)
  • 1x Unteroffizier (MP-40)
  • 1x Gerfreiter (Kar-98k, 3x Model 24 Stick Grenades)
  • 1x Soldat (Machine Gun Ammobearer > Machine Gunner | MG-34, Walther)
  • 1x Soldat (Infantrymen > Machine Gun Assistant | Kar-98k, 300rd 7.92x57mm Belt Ammo Boxes x2)
  • 3x Soldat (Infantrymen | Kar-98k, 3x Model 24 Stick Grenades)

1x Infantry Squadron (E) (Understrength)
  • 1x Unteroffizier (MP-40, 2x Model 24 Stick Grenade)
  • 1x Obersoldat (Machine Gunner | MG-34, Walther P38)
  • 1x Soldat (Machine Gun Assistant | Walther P38, 300rd 7.92x57mm Belt Ammo Boxes x2)
  • 5x Soldat (Infantrymen | Kar-98k, 2x Model 24 Stick Grenades)

Vehicle: N/A

RP Example: War Related.
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:45 am, edited 9 times in total.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:24 am

I'm sorry I know you wanted uniformity as much as possible but I had this idea and ran with it.

I also had a question about boosters, specifically offensive and defensive doctrines. Do these doctrines apply based on whether the Platoon is attacking or defending, or if the battle itself is an offensive or defensive one?
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:06 am

I think i'm going to hold off on posting till the next update. I can't think of anything for Fritz to realistically do considering he's achieved his objective of fortifying his part of the bridge. He wouldn't risk the lives of his own men trying to attack three Soviet tanks with nothing but grenades, especially to save the platoon of a man he doesn't particularly like.

Rather than writing three or four paragraphs saying "Fritz idled" i'm just going to wait until something happens that he can (and would) react to.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:27 pm

Is this RP and it's iterations normally slow paced?
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:03 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Is this RP and it's iterations normally slow paced?

A little, but not annoyingly so.

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:19 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:I think i'm going to hold off on posting till the next update. I can't think of anything for Fritz to realistically do considering he's achieved his objective of fortifying his part of the bridge. He wouldn't risk the lives of his own men trying to attack three Soviet tanks with nothing but grenades, especially to save the platoon of a man he doesn't particularly like.

Rather than writing three or four paragraphs saying "Fritz idled" i'm just going to wait until something happens that he can (and would) react to.

Gotcha. I'm hoping to post a particularly long and detailed piece soon, but working from home due to the Corona virus is messing up my schedules a bit, so expect that post to be out tomorrow or earlier.
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

AmericanValues results

My personal voting record:
- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR
DOT JET JOTS VEUR ET VOADERLAN

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:35 am

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:I think i'm going to hold off on posting till the next update. I can't think of anything for Fritz to realistically do considering he's achieved his objective of fortifying his part of the bridge. He wouldn't risk the lives of his own men trying to attack three Soviet tanks with nothing but grenades, especially to save the platoon of a man he doesn't particularly like.

Gotcha. I'm hoping to post a particularly long and detailed piece soon, but working from home due to the Corona virus is messing up my schedules a bit, so expect that post to be out tomorrow or earlier.

Awesome, i'm eagerly awaiting your post in that case.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:23 am

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:

Are you planning on entrenching in your foxholes or leaving cover to make a retreat?
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:31 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:

Are you planning on entrenching in your foxholes or leaving cover to make a retreat?

I'm hoping to make a decision that would correspond with what my character would do most closely, but I don't want to spoil anything yet, as said decision would require much-needed context that will be given in-post.

EDIT: Alright, posted. Sorry for the delay everyone, hope that the post makes up for my inactivity. If there's anything that I forgot to mention, any mistakes or anything that I should've worked out differently, please go ahead and tell me so :)
Last edited by Vrijstaat Limburg on Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

AmericanValues results

My personal voting record:
- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR
DOT JET JOTS VEUR ET VOADERLAN

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:12 am

Is there still room for 46 soldiers and their lieutenant?

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:20 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:-snip-

Apologies for not getting to this sooner, however this APP is ACCEPTED. However, do note that your strength is down to 0.9 instead of its normal 1.0 due to your two understrength squads. Otherwise, everything's normal, welcome to the fight.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:23 am

Sudbrazil wrote:Is there still room for 46 soldiers and their lieutenant?

Absolutely, still enough room for three more platoon leaders in 3rd Company. And a bunch more spots for Panzer platoon officers.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:17 pm

So, quick question, does anyone else want to or need to post their actions before my next battle post? Also, is everyone in First Company in agreement for pooling their points together for an airstrike? I just want to know the answer to both before I go ahead with advancing ourselves to phase 2 of the battle.

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:33 pm

I'm fine with it.

Also, since my guy almost died going for that damn radio (which I now know he didn't have too! :p) could you just write in a bit in your post that it was his "idea" to do call in the strike? That way, he doesn't look like such a monumental dipshit. If not, that's cool.

Also, am I wrong to say that IRL the Wehrmacht distributed radios at the company level, rather than platoon level? That's what the internet told me, and we all know the internet never lies lol.
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them
-George Mason
I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.
-George Mason

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:48 pm

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:I'm fine with it.

Also, since my guy almost died going for that damn radio (which I now know he didn't have too! :p) could you just write in a bit in your post that it was his "idea" to do call in the strike? That way, he doesn't look like such a monumental dipshit. If not, that's cool.

Also, am I wrong to say that IRL the Wehrmacht distributed radios at the company level, rather than platoon level? That's what the internet told me, and we all know the internet never lies lol.

I think radios of some form were distributed at unit level. Not necessarily the exact type that is listed in equipment but some form of radio.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:20 pm

oh god 2nd company is in deep trouble
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Hypron
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hypron » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:27 pm

Yeah, that's kinda apparent. Their split in 1/2, being pushed on by at least a regiment of Russians, although I've heard worse odds.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:31 pm

Hypron wrote:Yeah, that's kinda apparent. Their split in 1/2, being pushed on by at least a regiment of Russians, although I've heard worse odds.

even worse we're in thirds now. 2nd platoon is getting encircled, 1st platoon is on an open bridge with no cover and about to take on tanks with rifles, and 3rd platoon called in an airstrike on where 1st platoon is going to be, all of this without armoured support
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Hypron
Ambassador

Postby Hypron » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:34 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Hypron wrote:Yeah, that's kinda apparent. Their split in 1/2, being pushed on by at least a regiment of Russians, although I've heard worse odds.

even worse we're in thirds now. 2nd platoon is getting encircled, 1st platoon is on an open bridge with no cover and about to take on tanks with rifles, and 3rd platoon called in an airstrike on where 1st platoon is going to be

This is why people communicate, and interservice coordination.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:03 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:

even worse we're in thirds now. 2nd platoon is getting encircled, 1st platoon is on an open bridge with no cover and about to take on tanks with rifles, and 3rd platoon called in an airstrike on where 1st platoon is going to be, all of this without armoured support

As much as i'd like to edit and fix that mistake, i feel like this will be a learning experience for 2nd Company. 1st Platoon will be using grenades to deal with the armor. Leutnant Stracke won't be engaging the armor until after the airstrike (he isn't anticipating that the armor may try and engage him, given that 2nd Platoon is in such a vulnerable position.) He's also counting on the Luftwaffe being accurate enough to not hit his troops.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:58 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:even worse we're in thirds now. 2nd platoon is getting encircled, 1st platoon is on an open bridge with no cover and about to take on tanks with rifles, and 3rd platoon called in an airstrike on where 1st platoon is going to be, all of this without armoured support

As much as i'd like to edit and fix that mistake, i feel like this will be a learning experience for 2nd Company. 1st Platoon will be using grenades to deal with the armor. Leutnant Stracke won't be engaging the armor until after the airstrike (he isn't anticipating that the armor may try and engage him, given that 2nd Platoon is in such a vulnerable position.) He's also counting on the Luftwaffe being accurate enough to not hit his troops.

y'all slowly crossing an open bridge in broad daylight, tryna sneak up on a tank formation, 1st platoon is about to get ripped to shreads by armoured dp-28's
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Hypron
Ambassador

Postby Hypron » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:59 pm

This is going to be a slaughter. I'm gonna have to pull a Walther Wenck.
Last edited by Hypron on Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:54 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:As much as i'd like to edit and fix that mistake, i feel like this will be a learning experience for 2nd Company. 1st Platoon will be using grenades to deal with the armor. Leutnant Stracke won't be engaging the armor until after the airstrike (he isn't anticipating that the armor may try and engage him, given that 2nd Platoon is in such a vulnerable position.) He's also counting on the Luftwaffe being accurate enough to not hit his troops.

y'all slowly crossing an open bridge in broad daylight, tryna sneak up on a tank formation, 1st platoon is about to get ripped to shreads by armoured dp-28's

I'd say it's more like maneuvering than sneaking up. The Soviet armor may notice the 1st Platoon crossing the bridge but i still anticipate they are going to focus on the 2nd Platoon. I reason that since the Soviet's think they are up against a much larger force that it would be more logical to cut off that much larger force than deal with newly arriving forces that have yet to engage. If you believe that you are outnumbered (or will soon be outnumbered) then your first move should be to concentrate your forces against individually weaker enemy units, not disperse them against the larger foe.

Then again this is the post Great Purge USSR, so anything is possible.
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse