NATION

PASSWORD

2024: THE LONG PEACE [OOC | CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Atrilan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:23 pm

Durin V wrote:apologies for the rather short post. Haven't had time (and a bit of a lack of inspiration) to write down something decent but felt i had to respond to the events in Syria.

Nah its all good
The Surge Empire wrote:My basic idea for eurosceptcism was that italy under its populist government, was semi-eurosceptic, this going along with the public being majority eurosceptic. however after virumma, its far more equal and polarized between euroscepticsm and being pro-EU

fair
Last edited by Atrilan 13.7 billion years ago, edited 73 times in total.
National Information
Leader - Antrinoxa Program
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - People's Republic of China

THE TECHNOCRATIC STATE OF ATRILAN
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:17 pm

Wash your hands, ghouls.
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

Lan Khao Xang Hom Krung Tai
Envoy

Founded: Sep 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lan Khao Xang Hom Krung Tai » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:51 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:Wash your hands, ghouls.

Hands have been washed
Just call me Tuwa

Zhukovian
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhukovian » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:07 pm

IT'S SUMMER AND I AM BACK!

I am terribly sorry for my inactivity!
National Information
Leader - Grand Premier Jean-Baptiste Baillairgé
Capital - Zhukovia
Population - 10.7 billion
Currency - Mark
Roleplay Information
2024: AGE OF SUPERPOWERS - Republic of the Philippines
STATE OF ZHUKOVIAN
Ambassador of the New Western Empire
Est. 1089
Post Modern

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:13 pm

Zhukovian wrote:IT'S SUMMER AND I AM BACK!

the big man's back

Pimps Inc wrote:Wash your hands, ghouls.

what if i wear gloves
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Zhukovian
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhukovian » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:23 pm

Atrilan wrote:
Zhukovian wrote:IT'S SUMMER AND I AM BACK!

the big man's back

Any nation needing some players?
National Information
Capital - Zhukovia
Currency - Mark
Roleplay Information
STATE OF ZHUKOVIAN
Est. 1089
Post Modern

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:52 pm

Zhukovian wrote:
Atrilan wrote:the big man's back

AnCapistan
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:04 pm

Zhukovian wrote:
Atrilan wrote:the big man's back

Off the top of my head: Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Japan, Ethiopia, Egypt, Brazil, Pakistan, etc.
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Zhukovian
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhukovian » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:14 pm

[box][DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012662]
Nationstates Name - Zhukovian
Nation Name - Republic of Colombia

I can't make my app till Wednesday
Last edited by Zhukovian on Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
National Information
Capital - Zhukovia
Currency - Mark
Roleplay Information
STATE OF ZHUKOVIAN
Est. 1089
Post Modern

Zhukovian
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhukovian » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:16 pm

I've fucked with China before....now I'd like to see what damage I could do this time
National Information
Capital - Zhukovia
Currency - Mark
Roleplay Information
STATE OF ZHUKOVIAN
Est. 1089
Post Modern

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:28 am

Zhukovian wrote:I've fucked with China before....now I'd like to see what damage I could do this time

Not too much considering Saudi Arabia’s folly in Yemen ended in failure in the OP history.
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:00 am

Pimps Inc wrote:
Zhukovian wrote:I've fucked with China before....now I'd like to see what damage I could do this time

Not too much considering Saudi Arabia’s folly in Yemen ended in failure in the OP history.

Did he mean as Colombia or as Saudi Arabia? both are funny tbf
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:51 pm

[box][DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012663]

Nationstates Name - Sarderia
Nation Name - Republic of Iraq/جمهورية العراق (Jumhurriyah al-Iraq)/ کۆماری عێراق‎ (Komarî Êraq)
Roleplay example link - Example

Capital - Baghdad
Type of Government - Democratic Federal Parliamentary Republic
Head of State -
Head of State: President Massoud Barzani (DPAK)
Head of Government: Prime Minister Nouri Hakim Mustafa (INM)
Image of Leader -

Party in Power Democratic Patriotic Alliance of Kurdistan – Iraqi National Movement (Coalition government)
Executive Title – Prime Minister of Iraq
Religion Breakdown – None official, breakdown:
Shia Islam: 64.5%
Sunni Islam: 31.5%
Gnostic/Yazidi: 2.0%
Christianity: 1.2%
Others/Unaffiliated: 0.8%
Flag
(Image)
National Anthem – 2 official:
Mawtini – Arabic anthem
Ey Reqib – Kurdish anthem

Public Goals – Maintain and secure Iraq in accordance to the 2021 Constitution Amendment (estabilishing an USA-like government system), exterminating radical terrorism, promoting the integration of Kurdish states into the Republic according to the federal system of government, nationalizing Iraqi oil fields, maintain the democratic and secular government of Iraq against all threats
Private Goals – Estabilish closer ties with Saudi Arabia, Israel, India, and Turkey; increasing the defense budget and spending on the Iraq-Iran border; increasing the military size of Iraq; integrating Kuwait and Syria into Iraq through diplomacy or military force

Total military size165,000
Breakdown of ground sectorGround Forces Equipment
Breakdown of naval sectorNavy Equipment
Breakdown of airforce sectorAir Force Equipment
Major foreign military suppliers - United States, Russia, European Union, Ukraine, Saudi Arabia
Extra military information – Primarily equipped and trained for national defense, reconnaissance, mountaineering, and desert operations. Iraq has been training two brigades of its Ground Forces as stealth and reconnaissance brigades to fight a war of attrition against potential invaders. Iraq has also estabilished a small-sized but active military industry, building armored vehicles, weapons, and even helicopters from previous transfers of technology, and leftovers from Saddam Hussein’s reign. There is speculations about the federal government hiding a stockpile of chemical and biological weapons as well.

Currency – Iraqi Dinar (IQD)
Currency and value of currency compared to USD – 1 USD to 1,187 IQD
Major import/export partners
Export Partners:
India: 21,2%
China: 15%
United States: 15,8%
European Union: 10%
South Korea: 6,5%
North Africa: 5%
Import Partners:
Turkey: 15,5%
United States: 14,5%
South Korea: 5,6%
Russia: 3,8%
India: 3,2%

Major Domestic Issues – Shia sectarian dissent within Iraq, radical terrorism, opposition to Iraq’s secularization and democratization
Major Foreign Issues – Tensions with the Syrian regime over Syrian Kurdistan and Iraqi claims over Syria. Tensions with the Iranian regime.

Pre-2024 History
2018: Iraqi National Movement formed alliance with the Democratic Patriotic Alliance of Kurdistan, appealing to a more secular and moderate background of voters. DPAK split into pro-independence and pro-integration factions. Iyad Allawi, leader of the INM, publicly endorsed Nouri Hakim Mustafa, a secular Shia former governor of Basra. The pro-integration Kurdish parties elected a ticket of Mustafa and the leader of pro-integration DPAK branch, Massoud Barzani. The ticket won popular vote; on October 2018, Mustafa and Barzani were sworn in as President and Vice President of Iraq. Mustafa then appointed Barzani as the Prime Minister, leaving the Vice President post vacant. The seat is contested by the opposition Shia National Alliance party and the coalition government.

2019: Instability reigns as the Vice Presidential election draws near. Mustafa promises to drive out ISIS; Iraqi Army begins a new offensive to the north and east. ISIS is defeated with American assistance. Pro-independence branch of the DPAK officially split up - Barzani called the move "unlawful" and threatens to send the Iraqi Army against Kurdistan. The Iraqi Army began the Zab Offensive after the deployment against ISIS, ending in status quo. Iraqi Army troops are withheld by Baghdad, with significant presence only in the Shaikhan and Sheikh Adi fields. The nationalist Arab politician Jamal al-Karboli was elected, coming from an INM ticket, after he pledged loyalty into the secular cause. Nationwide protests occured from both Shia and Sunni religious activists.

2020: Mustafa authorizes the capture of religious clerics across the country. Iraqi Army personnels patrol the streets for any religious supporters. Fierce criticism from the religious and sectarian opposition against Mustafa occured, with many calling him "Dajjal incarnate" - due to his anti-religious positions. However, the Mustafa government retained a high percentage of support in Baghdad and Basra, Iraq's two largest cities. The Iraqi government, seeking to redeem the ties with its Kurdish minority, officially recognizes the Kurdish government as separate from Iraq, a sovereign and independent nation. However, while Iraqi troops have withdrawn from the Kurdish oil fields, the management of those fields is still largely conducted by Iraqi corporaations, as the Kurdish lacked the means and technology to operate the industries on their own. The coalition DPAK-INM government passed a legislation that allowed Iraqi provinces to have bigger autonomy - much to the opposition's portests, since the INM provided governors for most governorates in the South and the DPAK controlled the remaining Kurdish-majority governorates in the north. The legislators began drafting an amendment to the 2005 Iraqi Constitution, repealing the basic principles of Islam as the state religion, Islamic identity and others and estabilishing a democratic and secular basic principles in its place.

2021: "Allahu Akbar" is officially repealed from the national motto of Iraq, replaced by "Al-Wahdat" (الوحدة) - Unity. The Grand Amendment is passed, turning Governorates into States (hala'/حالة) and giving individual States authority over budget, resource management (except oil and gas), judiciary, regional laws, welfare, education, fiscal policies, and to estabilish each state's own Constitution. The Council of Representatives is to be split into two chambers - the Senate and the House of Representatives - with the House elected from representative districts attributed to population in each state, and the Senate elected by the legislature of the States to represent them in the federal government. The current form of government is to be preserved until the preparations for the shift is complete. Elections for State and Federal representatives is to be held in 2022 and 2023. Government spending on defense, education, and industrialization programs are boosted. The Iraqi Army is mobilized to arrest the remaining religious clerics in opposition to the government. Nationalization of several oil wells in Iraq in response to the US-NATO crisis. The Energy Act passed on late 2021, prohibiting the remaining Iraqi oil fields to be operated by foreign companies.
Last edited by Sarderia on Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Durin V
Secretary

Founded: Feb 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Durin V » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:03 am

Sarderia wrote:-snip-

Just a question, how could you arrest those clerics without causing a civil war? I mean, Iraq is filled with religious militia's who wouldn't tolerate such things.
Last edited by Durin V on Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:35 am

Sarderia wrote:[box][DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012663]

Nationstates Name - Sarderia
Nation Name - Republic of Iraq/جمهورية العراق (Jumhurriyah al-Iraq)/ کۆماری عێراق‎ (Komarî Êraq)
Roleplay example link - Example

Capital - Baghdad
Type of Government - Democratic Federal Parliamentary Republic
Head of State -
Head of State: President Massoud Barzani (DPAK)
Head of Government: Prime Minister Nouri Hakim Mustafa (INM)
Image of Leader -

Party in Power Democratic Patriotic Alliance of Kurdistan – Iraqi National Movement (Coalition government)
Executive Title – Prime Minister of Iraq
Religion Breakdown – None official, breakdown:
Shia Islam: 64.5%
Sunni Islam: 31.5%
Gnostic/Yazidi: 2.0%
Christianity: 1.2%
Others/Unaffiliated: 0.8%
Flag
(Image)
National Anthem – 2 official:
Mawtini – Arabic anthem
Ey Reqib – Kurdish anthem

Public Goals – Maintain and secure Iraq in accordance to the 2021 Constitution Amendment (estabilishing an USA-like government system), exterminating radical terrorism, promoting the integration of Kurdish states into the Republic according to the federal system of government, nationalizing Iraqi oil fields, maintain the democratic and secular government of Iraq against all threats
Private Goals – Estabilish closer ties with Saudi Arabia, Israel, India, and Turkey; increasing the defense budget and spending on the Iraq-Iran border; increasing the military size of Iraq; integrating Kuwait and Syria into Iraq through diplomacy or military force

Total military size165,000
Breakdown of ground sectorGround Forces Equipment
Breakdown of naval sectorNavy Equipment
Breakdown of airforce sectorAir Force Equipment
Major foreign military suppliers - United States, Russia, European Union, Ukraine, Saudi Arabia
Extra military information – Primarily equipped and trained for national defense, reconnaissance, mountaineering, and desert operations. Iraq has been training two brigades of its Ground Forces as stealth and reconnaissance brigades to fight a war of attrition against potential invaders. Iraq has also estabilished a small-sized but active military industry, building armored vehicles, weapons, and even helicopters from previous transfers of technology, and leftovers from Saddam Hussein’s reign. There is speculations about the federal government hiding a stockpile of chemical and biological weapons as well.

Currency – Iraqi Dinar (IQD)
Currency and value of currency compared to USD – 1 USD to 1,187 IQD
Major import/export partners
Export Partners:
India: 21,2%
United States: 15,8%
European Union: 10%
South Korea: 6,5%
North Africa: 5%
Import Partners:
Turkey: 15,5%
United States: 14,5%
South Korea: 5,6%
Russia: 3,8%
India: 3,2%

Major Domestic Issues – Shia sectarian dissent within Iraq, radical terrorism, opposition to Iraq’s secularization and democratization
Major Foreign Issues – Tensions with the Syrian regime over Syrian Kurdistan and Iraqi claims over Syria. Tensions with the Iranian regime.

Pre-2024 History
2018: Iraqi National Movement formed alliance with the Democratic Patriotic Alliance of Kurdistan, appealing to a more secular and moderate background of voters. DPAK split into pro-independence and pro-integration factions. Iyad Allawi, leader of the INM, publicly endorsed Nouri Hakim Mustafa, a secular Shia former governor of Basra. The pro-integration Kurdish parties elected a ticket of Mustafa and the leader of pro-integration DPAK branch, Massoud Barzani. The ticket won popular vote; on October 2018, Mustafa and Barzani were sworn in as President and Vice President of Iraq. Mustafa then appointed Barzani as the Prime Minister, leaving the Vice President post vacant. The seat is contested by the opposition Shia National Alliance party and the coalition government.

2019: Instability reigns as the Vice Presidential election draws near. Mustafa promises to drive out ISIS; Iraqi Army begins a new offensive to the north and east. ISIS is defeated with American assistance. Pro-independence branch of the DPAK officially split up - Barzani called the move "unlawful" and threatens to send the Iraqi Army against Kurdistan. The Iraqi Army began the Zab Offensive after the deployment against ISIS, ending in status quo. Iraqi Army troops are withheld by Baghdad, with significant presence only in the Shaikhan and Sheikh Adi fields. The nationalist Arab politician Jamal al-Karboli was elected, coming from an INM ticket, after he pledged loyalty into the secular cause. Nationwide protests occured from both Shia and Sunni religious activists.

2020: Mustafa authorizes the capture of religious clerics across the country. Iraqi Army personnels patrol the streets for any religious supporters. Fierce criticism from the religious and sectarian opposition against Mustafa occured, with many calling him "Dajjal incarnate" - due to his anti-religious positions. However, the Mustafa government retained a high percentage of support in Baghdad and Basra, Iraq's two largest cities. The Iraqi government, seeking to redeem the ties with its Kurdish minority, officially recognizes the Kurdish government as separate from Iraq, a sovereign and independent nation. However, while Iraqi troops have withdrawn from the Kurdish oil fields, the management of those fields is still largely conducted by Iraqi corporaations, as the Kurdish lacked the means and technology to operate the industries on their own. The coalition DPAK-INM government passed a legislation that allowed Iraqi provinces to have bigger autonomy - much to the opposition's portests, since the INM provided governors for most governorates in the South and the DPAK controlled the remaining Kurdish-majority governorates in the north. The legislators began drafting an amendment to the 2005 Iraqi Constitution, repealing the basic principles of Islam as the state religion, Islamic identity and others and estabilishing a democratic and secular basic principles in its place.

2021: "Allahu Akbar" is officially repealed from the national motto of Iraq, replaced by "Al-Wahdat" (الوحدة) - Unity. The Grand Amendment is passed, turning Governorates into States (hala'/حالة) and giving individual States authority over budget, resource management (except oil and gas), judiciary, regional laws, welfare, education, fiscal policies, and to estabilish each state's own Constitution. The Council of Representatives is to be split into two chambers - the Senate and the House of Representatives - with the House elected from representative districts attributed to population in each state, and the Senate elected by the legislature of the States to represent them in the federal government. The current form of government is to be preserved until the preparations for the shift is complete. Elections for State and Federal representatives is to be held in 2022 and 2023. Government spending on defense, education, and industrialization programs are boosted. The Iraqi Army is mobilized to arrest the remaining religious clerics in opposition to the government. Nationalization of several oil wells in Iraq in response to the US-NATO crisis. The Energy Act passed on late 2021, prohibiting the remaining Iraqi oil fields to be operated by foreign companies.

The DPAK is a Kurdish nationalist coalition... Kurdistan is its own country, why would they still exist in Iraq? Also, As Durin said, arresting clerics like that would be a disaster for Iraq. Also as far as your goals go, "maintain the democratic and secular government of Iraq" iraq is neither democratic nor secular and saying "It happened in the history so I can be secular and democratic" isn't reasonable. The dictatorial and religious forces in Iraq have too much sway over the government that trying to just have Islam thrown out of government or transition to a democracy because of an amendment would have destroyed the Iraqi state before the start date.
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:40 pm

Posted
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:42 pm

Atrilan wrote:Posted

Fake news
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:36 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:

Fake news

close your mangled jaw, britannia
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:51 pm

K... Keep me posted
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

Zhukovian
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhukovian » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:10 am

[DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012663]

Nation Name - Republic of Colombia (República de Colombia)
Roleplay example link - ...

Capital - Bogotá
Type of Government - Unitary presidential constitutional republic
Head of State(s) - President Gustavo Petro
Vice-President Piedad Cordoba

Party in Power - Liberal Party
Executive Title - President
Religion Breakdown -
73% Catholics | 14% Protestants | 11% Agnostic/Atheist | 2% Other religions
Flag -Flag of Colombia
National Anthem - ¡Oh Gloria Inmarcesible!

Public Goals Improve the economy through diversity and infrastructure development, end the insurgencies and the cartels.
Private Goals - Riding the new Pink tide in South America, consolidate the power of the Liberal Party and meddle with Venezuela and Nicaragua.

Military
350,000 Personnel (300,000 Active | 50,000 Reservists)

600 - Armored Vehicles
10 - Self-Proppeled Artillery
120 - Towed Artillery

4 Frigates
2 Corvettes
11 Submarines
311 Patrol

21 Fighters
38 Dedicated Attack
76 Transport
80 Trainers
29 Special Missions
224 Helicopters

Major foreign military suppliers [IF APPLICABLE]- US, EU, and Israel
Extra military information - Experienced in guerrilla warfare as they have been fighting insurgencies since the 1960's.

Currency - Colombian Peso
Currency and value of currency compared to USD - 1 Colombian Peso = 0.00024 US Dollars
Major import/export partners - US, China, Mexico, Brazil and Panama

Major Domestic Issues - Corruption and poverty, insurgency, illegal drug trafficking
Major Foreign Issues - Venezuela and Nicaragua.

Pre-2024 History - (Any large events will be scrutinized in accordance to the current lore)

In 2016, the peace process with the ever stubborn insurgent group called the FARC was commenced. The then-president Juan Manuel Santos was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, yet a 52 % no vote defeated the 1st referendum. His government would then revise the first agreement and immediately have it ratified by the Congress without any polls.

In 2018, the protege of Uribe, Ivan Duque Marquez, took office and implemented a different approach to the insurgency. Under his tenure, many surrenderees during the peace treaty were killed, together with environmentalists and union leaders. He also resumed war operations against ELN after canceling the peace process with them. His 2019 economic reforms were also very unpopular, with massive demonstrations being held at Bogota yet suppressed violently by the police.

By 2020, his party's popularity and influence have waned down. Their apparent silence during the American invasion of Nicaragua and their oppressive statute has sparked a great wave of protests. By the 2022 Presidential elections, the Liberal Party led by Gustavo Petro with his running mate, the experienced Piedad Cordoba won and defeated the right with a landslide. To secure their power grip in the government, they created a coalition with the FARC, with their leader Timoleón Jiménez appointed as the Minister for Defense.

Since taking office, Petro announced the resuming of the peace talks with the rebels. With the former president who championed it, the Nobel Peace Prize recipient Juan Manuel Santos as one of the consultants and leading supporters for it. With his background as an economist, he sought to reform the economic policies set by Duque. With power already at his grasp and the influence of his supporters, what will Petro do for the duration of his tenure?
National Information
Capital - Zhukovia
Currency - Mark
Roleplay Information
STATE OF ZHUKOVIAN
Est. 1089
Post Modern

Da Klan
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Da Klan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:50 am

Zhukovian wrote:
[DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012663]

Nation Name - Republic of Colombia (República de Colombia)
Roleplay example link - ...

Capital - Bogotá
Type of Government - Unitary presidential constitutional republic
Head of State(s) - President Gustavo Petro
Vice-President Piedad Cordoba

Party in Power - Liberal Party
Executive Title - President
Religion Breakdown -
73% Catholics | 14% Protestants | 11% Agnostic/Atheist | 2% Other religions
Flag -Flag of Colombia
National Anthem - ¡Oh Gloria Inmarcesible!

Public Goals Improve the economy through diversity and infrastructure development, end the insurgencies and the cartels.
Private Goals - Riding the new Pink tide in South America, consolidate the power of the Liberal Party and meddle with Venezuela and Nicaragua.

Military
350,000 Personnel (300,000 Active | 50,000 Reservists)

600 - Armored Vehicles
10 - Self-Proppeled Artillery
120 - Towed Artillery

4 Frigates
2 Corvettes
11 Submarines
311 Patrol

21 Fighters
38 Dedicated Attack
76 Transport
80 Trainers
29 Special Missions
224 Helicopters

Major foreign military suppliers [IF APPLICABLE]- US, EU, and Israel
Extra military information - Experienced in guerrilla warfare as they have been fighting insurgencies since the 1960's.

Currency - Colombian Peso
Currency and value of currency compared to USD - 1 Colombian Peso = 0.00024 US Dollars
Major import/export partners - US, China, Mexico, Brazil and Panama

Major Domestic Issues - Corruption and poverty, insurgency, illegal drug trafficking
Major Foreign Issues - Venezuela and Nicaragua.

Pre-2024 History - (Any large events will be scrutinized in accordance to the current lore)

In 2016, the peace process with the ever stubborn insurgent group called the FARC was commenced. The then-president Juan Manuel Santos was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, yet a 52 % no vote defeated the 1st referendum. His government would then revise the first agreement and immediately have it ratified by the Congress without any polls.

In 2018, the protege of Uribe, Ivan Duque Marquez, took office and implemented a different approach to the insurgency. Under his tenure, many surrenderees during the peace treaty were killed, together with environmentalists and union leaders. He also resumed war operations against ELN after canceling the peace process with them. His 2019 economic reforms were also very unpopular, with massive demonstrations being held at Bogota yet suppressed violently by the police.

By 2020, his party's popularity and influence have waned down. Their apparent silence during the American invasion of Nicaragua and their oppressive statute has sparked a great wave of protests. By the 2022 Presidential elections, the Liberal Party led by Gustavo Petro with his running mate, the experienced Piedad Cordoba won and defeated the right with a landslide. To secure their power grip in the government, they created a coalition with the FARC, with their leader Timoleón Jiménez appointed as the Minister for Defense.

Since taking office, Petro announced the resuming of the peace talks with the rebels. With the former president who championed it, the Nobel Peace Prize recipient Juan Manuel Santos as one of the consultants and leading supporters for it. With his background as an economist, he sought to reform the economic policies set by Duque. With power already at his grasp and the influence of his supporters, what will Petro do for the duration of his tenure?

Accepted

Zhukovian
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhukovian » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:14 pm

¡Muchas Gracias, señor!
National Information
Capital - Zhukovia
Currency - Mark
Roleplay Information
STATE OF ZHUKOVIAN
Est. 1089
Post Modern

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:18 pm

Zhukovian wrote:¡Muchas Gracias, señor!

i dont speak that language and thus im afraid of it
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Zhukovian
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhukovian » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:36 pm

Atrilan wrote:i dont speak that language and thus im afraid of it

AHAHAHAHA
National Information
Capital - Zhukovia
Currency - Mark
Roleplay Information
STATE OF ZHUKOVIAN
Est. 1089
Post Modern

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:43 pm

The Turkey reservation has expired.
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

PreviousNext