NATION

PASSWORD

2024: THE LONG PEACE [OOC | CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Baton Rouge Free State
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:35 pm

Atrilan wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:Baton Rouge Free State is Panda, Axalis.

oh cringe

very not gamer Axalis

The Baton Rouge Free State
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:24 am

The Baton Rouge Free State wrote:
[DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012663]

Nationstates Name - The Baton Rouge Free State
Nation Name - Peoples Republic of Bangladesh
Roleplay example link -

Capital - Dhaka
Type of Government - Unitary parliamentary constitutional republic
Head of State(s) - Nazmul Hassan Papon
Image of Leader - Party in Power - Bangladesh Awami League
Executive Title - Prime Minister
Religion Breakdown - 89.5% Islam
8.5% Hinduism
0.6% Buddhism
0.4% Christianity
Flag -
National Anthem - Amar Sonar Bangla

Public Goals - Decrease Poverty, Improve Infrastructure, Improve Healthcare System, Improve Foreign Standing
Private Goals - Increase global relevance and power projection

Total military size - 180,000 Active, 200,000 Reserve
Breakdown of ground sector - 280 Tanks, 1,250 Armored Vehicles, 18 SPAs, 430 Towed Artillery, 72 Rocket Projectors
Breakdown of naval sector - 8 Frigates, 6 Corvettes, 2 Submarines, 30 Patrol Vessels, 5 Mine Warfare
Breakdown of airforce sector - 50 Fighters, 20 Transports, 60 Trainers, 2 Special Mission, 70 Helicopters,
Major foreign military suppliers [IF APPLICABLE]- Germany, USA, China
Extra military information - N/A

Currency - Bangladeshi Taka
Currency and value of currency compared to USD - 1 Taka = 0.012 USD
Major import/export partners - China, US, Germany, UK, India, Singapore, France, South Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Italy

Major Domestic Issues - Poor Foreign Exposure of Citizens, Poor Education, Corruption, Overpopulation, High Unemployment, Poor Infrastructure, Terrible Healthcare, Police Abuse, Gender and Social Inequality
Major Foreign Issues - N/A

Pre-2024 History - In 2018 former Prime Minister and leader of the opposition Khaleda Zia was arrested for charges of high corruption and treason. She would die in Jail before the years end in what many would connect back to the then-current Awami League party chairman and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. Sheikh Hasina would continue her popular economic strategy in Bangladesh over the course of the year, but in July 2019, she shut down a popular newspaper in Dhaka for reporting on the death of Khaleda Zia. The UN Human Rights Council immediately condemned the actions of the country, and a population growing increasingly sick of the political establishment began to turn their backs on the Awami League. Sheikh Hasina would have a heart attack at the age of 72 and would be rushed to a hospital in Singapore where she would die. The party was in shambles, the Awami League struggled to find a successful replacement as Sheikh Hasina's daughter refused to accept the position of Prime Minister. In the end the party would jointly agree on Nazmul Hassan Papon, a constituent and the head of the cricket federation.

Papon was no doubt an odd choice, but his father was a famous Prime Minister of Bangladesh and he was well connected but not so much so as to connect him to much of the corruption and failures of the old administration. He immediately began to take the party in a new direction, as he had quite a western mind set. He created the Bangladeshi Commission Against Corruption or B-CAC for short. The B-CAC body operated with a great deal of autonomy and served to protect whistle blowers against retribution for reporting corruption. It also had an investigative body to provide evidence for corruption trials and cases. Many popular members of the old administration came under inspection and were jailed including Sheikh Hasina's daughter, many former ministers, and local officials.

In 2022 Papon announced plans to modernize many of the nations citizens over the next 2 decades, and announced goals to provide every citizen in the country electricity, wi-fi, and clean water by 2032. "These three factors" he said "will provide the nation with everything it needs to succeed economically and socially and will ensure it becomes a competitive power in the region by the decades end." The announcement of the plan would boost party popularity enough that by the 2023 elections, this coupled with continued infrastructure projects and the anti corruption campaigns, would give the Awami League 74% of the Seats in the Parliament.

fin

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:07 am

Pimps Inc wrote:Iraq's military numbers seemed bumped up a bit for active personnel but more importantly can I get a source on your paramilitary and reserve?

Basically in the alternate history the Kurdish and Iraqi government merged to form a US-like system, and the two militaries merged, as well as government programs that boosted the number of personnels. I will complete the history section later (it's still WIP). But if that is too much then we could just use present day stat's
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Durin V
Secretary

Founded: Feb 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Durin V » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:42 am

[DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012662]
Nationstates Name Durin V
Nation Name Iran
Last edited by Durin V on Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:41 am

Sarderia wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:Iraq's military numbers seemed bumped up a bit for active personnel but more importantly can I get a source on your paramilitary and reserve?

Basically in the alternate history the Kurdish and Iraqi government merged to form a US-like system, and the two militaries merged, as well as government programs that boosted the number of personnels. I will complete the history section later (it's still WIP). But if that is too much then we could just use present day stat's

Iraqi Kurdistan is independent here, and you can’t annex other nations in your history. You can certainly try to propose that ICly, but you can’t start off owning Kurdistan.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:57 am

Reservations on the following nations have expired and are now open:
Israel
Portugal
Vietnam
Haiti
Italy
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:01 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:Reservations on the following nations have expired and are now open:
Israel
Portugal
Vietnam
Haiti
Italy

Sad :(
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:02 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Basically in the alternate history the Kurdish and Iraqi government merged to form a US-like system, and the two militaries merged, as well as government programs that boosted the number of personnels. I will complete the history section later (it's still WIP). But if that is too much then we could just use present day stat's

Iraqi Kurdistan is independent here, and you can’t annex other nations in your history. You can certainly try to propose that ICly, but you can’t start off owning Kurdistan.

Well the OP just posted that Iraq has "no control" which is exactly what Kurdistan is in present day, not an independent nation. Plus the reigning political parties of Kurdistan (KDP, PUK, etc) all have seats in the Baghdad legislature and have their members at the Baghdad government. The OP have not addressed this situation so it would make sense that Iraq and Iraqi Kurdistan is a single state, albeit where Baghdad has virtually no control over Kurdistan (just like the UK-Scotland situation but with Scotland having virtual independence minus the foreign relations)

EDIT: And this would go in line with my alternate history when the Kurds took over the Baghdad parliament with an alliance with the Iraqi nationalists, creating a new federal system of government with a Kurdish as the Iraqi head of government. I have also addressed the Zab Offensive in the history section as another Kurdish faction insurgency unaffiliated with the gov't in Erbil
Last edited by Sarderia on Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:10 pm

Sarderia, I helped work on the OP, and I can confirm that Iraqi Kurdistan is meant to be an independent nation with the ability to conduct foreign affairs. The OP did address it, as it is a different country on the map. The Zab Offensive was against the Iraqi Kurdish government in particular. It is not a Scotland situation: Iraq has no control over Iraqi Kurdistan whatsoever.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:12 pm

The Palmetto wrote:Sarderia, I helped work on the OP, and I can confirm that Iraqi Kurdistan is meant to be an independent nation with the ability to conduct foreign affairs. The OP did address it, as it is a different country on the map. The Zab Offensive was against the Iraqi Kurdish government in particular. It is not a Scotland situation: Iraq has no control over Iraqi Kurdistan whatsoever.

Okay well then, I'll just drop the history and excess military numbers. Is my app accepted now?

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:14 pm

Sarderia wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:Sarderia, I helped work on the OP, and I can confirm that Iraqi Kurdistan is meant to be an independent nation with the ability to conduct foreign affairs. The OP did address it, as it is a different country on the map. The Zab Offensive was against the Iraqi Kurdish government in particular. It is not a Scotland situation: Iraq has no control over Iraqi Kurdistan whatsoever.

Okay well then, I'll just drop the history and excess military numbers. Is my app accepted now?

Once you edit it, it’ll be accepted. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:20 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Okay well then, I'll just drop the history and excess military numbers. Is my app accepted now?

Once you edit it, it’ll be accepted. Sorry for any inconvenience.

It's edited. That's because I don't see the tiny portion of the map, though, my fault.

Durin V
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Durin V » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:17 pm

Nationstates Name: Durin V
Nation Name: Islamic Republic of Iran
Roleplay example link: N/A

Capital: Tehran
Type of Government: Unitary Khomeinist presidential Islamic republic
Head of State(s): Ali Khamenei (Supreme Leader) & Eshaq Jahangiri (President)
Image of Leader:

Party in Power: Pervasive Coalition of Reformists
Executive Title: Supreme Leadership Authority
Religion Breakdown:
93% Shia
6.4% Sunni
0.6% Baha'i, Mandaeism, Kaka'i, Zoroastrianism, Christianity, Judaism.
Flag:

National Anthem: Sorud-e Melli-ye Jomhuri-ye Eslāmi-ye Irān

Public Goals: Getting rid of the sanctions + Restoring relations with Europe.
Private Goals: Become the dominant regional power in the Middle-East by any means necessary.

Total military size:
610.000 Active personnel
350.000 Reserve personnel
1.000.000 - 11.200.000 Paramilitary [The Basij has 11.200.000 members, though it is only able to arm roughly 1.000.000]
Breakdown of ground sector::
~2.000 Tanks
~4.500 Armored Vehicles
~600 Self-Propelled Artillery
~2.000 Towed Artillery
~2.000 Rocket Projectors
Breakdown of naval sector:
7 Frigates
3 Corvettes
35 Submarines
7 Mine Warfare
~350 Patrol
Breakdown of airforce sector:
~180 Fighters
~60 Transport
~100 Trainers
~100 Helicopters
Major foreign military suppliers: Russia & China
Extra military information: Besides the regular military, Iran also fields the IRGC, which has its own army, airforce and navy.

Currency: Rial
Currency and value of currency compared to USD: $0,000024
Major import/export partners: China, India, South-Korea, UAE, EU (Mainly Germany and Italy), Turkey.

Major Domestic Issues: For many years Iran has been plagued by an economic crisis, and dealing with that has been a constant struggle. On the one hand it provided the country with unique opportunities to become more self sufficient, on the other hand they failed to meet export goals and foreign investors stayed away from the country. The economic crisis is still an issue that has a high priority in Iran.

Second to the economic crisis is the current discontent of the people. For many years the government has become less and less popular, but never to the point of 2020 which seemed to be a turning point for the people. This never happened though as the harsh crackdowns were successful and the protests eventually faded away. It doesn't take away the peoples low support and even lower trust in the government though, which is something the government has to work on if they want to stay in power.

Major Foreign Issues: The most important foreign issue remains the nuclear issue. Even though the 2015 nuclear deal still exists on paper, it has all but faded in reality. After the U.S. withdrew and Europe failed to meet its obligations Iran slowely started to breach the deal as well. Whether the old deal can still be saved or a new deal has to be made remains to be seen.

Second is Syria, a country that fought a brutal war for over a decade. From the beginning Iran supported the legitimate government of Syria and has continued to do so till victory was declared. After the withdrawl of most troops out of Syria Iran has set its eye on the payback of its aid to Syria.

[Only if the Iraq player gets accepted] Third comes Iraq, a rather difficult story. After Iran aided Iraq in the war against Daesh, Iraq seems to have set its eyes on another path, one unfavorable for Iran. So far Iran has remained relative quiet about the matter, only supporting large scale protests against the government in Baghdad. Perhaps the matter can be resolved peacefully, or perhaps Iran has to give the green light to its militia's in Iraq to take over. All options are on the table.

Other foreign issues that are still ongoing involve Palestine, Yemen and Afghanistan.

Pre-2024 History:
2020 was the year of Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 and the COVID-19 outbreak, a year in which the peoples trust in the government hit an all time low. Protests emerged spontaneous and government crackdows made short work of them. By the summer an estimated 1.000 people had been killed in protests by security forces. Eventually things calmed down again, but the trust was nowhere to be seen. The Iranian legislative election hit an all time low with only a 43% turnout.

The 2021 Iranian presidential election was won by Eshaq Jahangiri with 52% of the votes, he followed in Rouhani's footsteps and planned to continue the reformist agenda.

In 2023 Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei was diagnosed with abdominal cancer, which became clear after several hospitalizations. His prayer shortly before was the last time he appeared in public. People have been growing restless ever since, some even speculating his death.
2023 was also the year in which Iran withdrew most of its troops from Syria. Some 3.000 troops returned home while the other 2.000 stayed to man Iran's newly acquired bases.
Last edited by Durin V on Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:36 am, edited 8 times in total.

Atrilan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:16 pm

The Baton Rouge Free State wrote:

Nationstates Name - The Baton Rouge Free State
Nation Name - Peoples Republic of Bangladesh
Roleplay example link -

Capital - Dhaka
Type of Government - Unitary parliamentary constitutional republic
Head of State(s) - Nazmul Hassan Papon
Image of Leader - Party in Power - Bangladesh Awami League
Religion Breakdown - 89.5% Islam
8.5% Hinduism
0.6% Buddhism
0.4% Christianity
Flag -
National Anthem - Amar Sonar Bangla

Public Goals - Decrease Poverty, Improve Infrastructure, Improve Healthcare System, Improve Foreign Standing
Private Goals - Increase global relevance and power projection

Total military size - 180,000 Active, 200,000 Reserve
Breakdown of ground sector - 280 Tanks, 1,250 Armored Vehicles, 18 SPAs, 430 Towed Artillery, 72 Rocket Projectors
Breakdown of naval sector - 8 Frigates, 6 Corvettes, 2 Submarines, 30 Patrol Vessels, 5 Mine Warfare
Breakdown of airforce sector - 50 Fighters, 20 Transports, 60 Trainers, 2 Special Mission, 70 Helicopters,
Major foreign military suppliers [IF APPLICABLE]- Germany, USA, China
Extra military information - N/A

Currency - Bangladeshi Taka
Currency and value of currency compared to USD - 1 Taka = 0.012 USD
Major import/export partners - China, US, Germany, UK, India, Singapore, France, South Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Italy

Major Domestic Issues - Poor Foreign Exposure of Citizens, Poor Education, Corruption, Overpopulation, High Unemployment, Poor Infrastructure, Terrible Healthcare, Police Abuse, Gender and Social Inequality
Major Foreign Issues - N/A

Pre-2024 History - In 2018 former Prime Minister and leader of the opposition Khaleda Zia was arrested for charges of high corruption and treason. She would die in Jail before the years end in what many would connect back to the then-current Awami League party chairman and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. Sheikh Hasina would continue her popular economic strategy in Bangladesh over the course of the year, but in July 2019, she shut down a popular newspaper in Dhaka for reporting on the death of Khaleda Zia. The UN Human Rights Council immediately condemned the actions of the country, and a population growing increasingly sick of the political establishment began to turn their backs on the Awami League. Sheikh Hasina would have a heart attack at the age of 72 and would be rushed to a hospital in Singapore where she would die. The party was in shambles, the Awami League struggled to find a successful replacement as Sheikh Hasina's daughter refused to accept the position of Prime Minister. In the end the party would jointly agree on Nazmul Hassan Papon, a constituent and the head of the cricket federation.

Papon was no doubt an odd choice, but his father was a famous Prime Minister of Bangladesh and he was well connected but not so much so as to connect him to much of the corruption and failures of the old administration. He immediately began to take the party in a new direction, as he had quite a western mind set. He created the Bangladeshi Commission Against Corruption or B-CAC for short. The B-CAC body operated with a great deal of autonomy and served to protect whistle blowers against retribution for reporting corruption. It also had an investigative body to provide evidence for corruption trials and cases. Many popular members of the old administration came under inspection and were jailed including Sheikh Hasina's daughter, many former ministers, and local officials.

In 2022 Papon announced plans to modernize many of the nations citizens over the next 2 decades, and announced goals to provide every citizen in the country electricity, wi-fi, and clean water by 2032. "These three factors" he said "will provide the nation with everything it needs to succeed economically and socially and will ensure it becomes a competitive power in the region by the decades end." The announcement of the plan would boost party popularity enough that by the 2023 elections, this coupled with continued infrastructure projects and the anti corruption campaigns, would give the Awami League 74% of the Seats in the Parliament.

I'd say the increase in soldiers twofold is probably too much, but if we bumped that down it's good though. Accepted.
Last edited by Atrilan 13.7 billion years ago, edited 73 times in total.
National Information
Leader - Antrinoxa Program
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - People's Republic of China

THE TECHNOCRATIC STATE OF ATRILAN
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:20 pm

Sarderia wrote:[box][DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012663]

Nationstates Name - Sarderia
Nation Name - Republic of Iraq/جمهورية العراق (Jumhurriyah al-Iraq)/ کۆماری عێراق‎ (Komarî Êraq)
Roleplay example link - Example

Capital - Baghdad
Type of Government - Democratic Federal Parliamentary Republic
Head of State -
Head of State: President Massoud Barzani (DPAK)
Head of Government: Prime Minister Nouri Hakim Mustafa (INM)
Image of Leader -
(Image)
(This is the picture of Israeli politician Majalli Wahabi, credit Wikipedia)

Party in Power Democratic Patriotic Alliance of Kurdistan – Iraqi National Movement (Coalition government)
Executive Title – Prime Minister of Iraq
Religion Breakdown – None official, breakdown:
Shia Islam: 64.5%
Sunni Islam: 31.5%
Gnostic/Yazidi: 2.0%
Christianity: 1.2%
Others/Unaffiliated: 0.8%
Flag
(Image)
National Anthem – 2 official:
Mawtini – Arabic anthem
Ey Reqib – Kurdish anthem

Public Goals – Maintain and secure Iraq in accordance to the 2021 Constitution Amendment (estabilishing an USA-like government system), exterminating radical terrorism, promoting the integration of Kurdish states into the Republic according to the federal system of government, nationalizing Iraqi oil fields, maintain the democratic and secular government of Iraq against all threats
Private Goals – Estabilish closer ties with Saudi Arabia, Israel, India, and Turkey; increasing the defense budget and spending on the Iraq-Iran border; increasing the military size of Iraq; integrating Kuwait and Syria into Iraq through diplomacy or military force

Total military size165,000
Breakdown of ground sectorGround Forces Equipment
Breakdown of naval sectorNavy Equipment
Breakdown of airforce sectorAir Force Equipment
Major foreign military suppliers - United States, Russia, European Union, Ukraine, Saudi Arabia
Extra military information – Primarily equipped and trained for national defense, reconnaissance, mountaineering, and desert operations. Iraq has been training two brigades of its Ground Forces as stealth and reconnaissance brigades to fight a war of attrition against potential invaders. Iraq has also estabilished a small-sized but active military industry, building armored vehicles, weapons, and even helicopters from previous transfers of technology, and leftovers from Saddam Hussein’s reign. There is speculations about the federal government hiding a stockpile of chemical and biological weapons as well.

Currency – Iraqi Dinar (IQD)
Currency and value of currency compared to USD – 1 USD to 1,187 IQD
Major import/export partners
Export Partners:
India: 21,2%
China: 15%
United States: 15,8%
European Union: 10%
South Korea: 6,5%
North Africa: 5%
Import Partners:
Turkey: 15,5%
China: 15%
United States: 14,5%
South Korea: 5,6%
Russia: 3,8%
India: 3,2%

Major Domestic Issues – Shia sectarian dissent within Iraq, radical terrorism, opposition to Iraq’s secularization and democratization
Major Foreign Issues – Tensions with the Syrian regime over Syrian Kurdistan and Iraqi claims over Syria. Tensions with the Iranian regime.

Pre-2024 History
WIP - basically a secular Sunni politician got elected and he made reforms that turned Iraq to an USA like federal representative republic, much less religious, and very progressive

why did you ask me to look at this when its incomplete smh you upset me
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:54 am

Durin V wrote:

Image of Leader:
Religion Breakdown:
93% Shia
6.4% Sunni
Flag:

Private Goals: Become the dominant regional power in the Middle-East by any means necessary.

Total military size:
610.000 Active personnel
1.000.000 - 11.200.000 Paramilitary [The Basij has 11.200.000 members, though it is only able to arm roughly 1.000.000]
~2.000 Tanks
~4.500 Armored Vehicles
~2.000 Towed Artillery
~2.000 Rocket Projectors
7 Frigates
3 Corvettes
35 Submarines
7 Mine Warfare
~350 Patrol
~180 Fighters
~60 Transport
~100 Trainers
~100 Helicopters
Extra military information: Besides the regular military, Iran also fields the IRGC, which has its own army, airforce and navy.

Major import/export partners: China, India, South-Korea, UAE, EU (Mainly Germany and Italy), Turkey.

Major Domestic Issues: For many years Iran has been plagued by an economic crisis, and dealing with that has been a constant struggle. On the one hand it provided the country with unique opportunities to become more self sufficient, on the other hand they failed to meet export goals and foreign investors stayed away from the country. The economic crisis is still an issue that has a high priority in Iran.

Second to the economic crisis is the current discontent of the people. For many years the government has become less and less popular, but never to the point of 2020 which seemed to be a turning point for the people. This never happened though as the harsh crackdowns were successful and the protests eventually faded away. It doesn't take away the peoples low support and even lower trust in the government though, which is something the government has to work on if they want to stay in power.

Major Foreign Issues: The most important foreign issue remains the nuclear issue. Even though the 2015 nuclear deal still exists on paper, it has all but faded in reality. After the U.S. withdrew and Europe failed to meet its obligations Iran slowely started to breach the deal as well. Whether the old deal can still be saved or a new deal has to be made remains to be seen.

Second is Syria, a country that fought a brutal war for over a decade. From the beginning Iran supported the legitimate government of Syria and has continued to do so till victory was declared. After the withdrawl of most troops out of Syria Iran has set its eye on the payback of its aid to Syria.

[Only if the Iraq player gets accepted] Third comes Iraq, a rather difficult story. After Iran aided Iraq in the war against Daesh, Iraq seems to have set its eyes on another path, one unfavorable for Iran. So far Iran has remained relative quiet about the matter, only supporting large scale protests against the government in Baghdad. Perhaps the matter can be resolved peacefully, or perhaps Iran has to give the green light to its militia's in Iraq to take over. All options are on the table.

Other foreign issues that are still ongoing involve Palestine, Yemen and Afghanistan.

Pre-2024 History:
2020 was the year of Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 and the COVID-19 outbreak, a year in which the peoples trust in the government hit an all time low. Protests emerged spontaneous and government crackdows made short work of them. By the summer an estimated 1.000 people had been killed in protests by security forces. Eventually things calmed down again, but the trust was nowhere to be seen. The Iranian legislative election hit an all time low with only a 43% turnout.

The 2021 Iranian presidential election was won by Eshaq Jahangiri with 52% of the votes, he followed in Rouhani's footsteps and planned to continue the reformist agenda.

In 2023 Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei was diagnosed with abdominal cancer, which became clear after several hospitalizations. His prayer shortly before was the last time he appeared in public. People have been growing restless ever since, some even speculating his death.
2023 was also the year in which Iran withdrew most of its troops from Syria. Some 3.000 troops returned home while the other 2.000 stayed to man Iran's newly acquired bases.

Putting the paramilitary as a part of the armed forces is a tad misleading since that 11 million figure is debated, but that doesn't really matter. I would, either now or in your first post, have the Ayatollah name a successor; probably one who's like him, since I can't see that he would be dying and have no replacement in mind. Other than that, accepted.
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:59 am

Too all of our new applicants, please join the Discord. Basically every intergovernmental organization, and every national conference like the one in Russia's last post, is held on the Discord so if you're not there you miss out on quite a lot of the roleplay. Can't stress enough that if you need to talk to another government directly, or if you want to speak at the UN, EU, etc. you gotta join.
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Durin V
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Durin V » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:00 am

Atrilan wrote:
Durin V wrote:

Image of Leader:
Religion Breakdown:
93% Shia
6.4% Sunni
Flag:

Total military size:
610.000 Active personnel
~2.000 Tanks
~4.500 Armored Vehicles
~2.000 Towed Artillery
~2.000 Rocket Projectors
7 Frigates
3 Corvettes
35 Submarines
7 Mine Warfare
~350 Patrol
~180 Fighters
~60 Transport
~100 Trainers
~100 Helicopters

Pre-2024 History:

Putting the paramilitary as a part of the armed forces is a tad misleading since that 11 million figure is debated, but that doesn't really matter. I would, either now or in your first post, have the Ayatollah name a successor; probably one who's like him, since I can't see that he would be dying and have no replacement in mind. Other than that, accepted.

The Ayatollah doesn't name a successor, the successor lies in the hands of the Assembly of Experts who hold elections in 2024. Whether the elections come for or after Khameini dies remains to be seen. In any case, if i may put in my favorite choice, i'd like to go with Hassan Khomeini, the grandchild of Ruhollah Khomeini. He might be a bit too much of a reformist though, not sure.

Also, as you may have noticed in the application, the section of Iraq kind of depends on wether or not the player who wants to play Iraq gets accepted or not (due to the 90 degree switch in foreign policy).
Last edited by Durin V on Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:38 am

Nationstates Name -Newne Carriebean7
Nation Name - Turkmenistan
Roleplay example link 1912-1990 War

Capital -Ashgabat
Type of Government -Unitary Presidential Republic under an authoritarian dictatorship
Head of State(s) - Gurbanguly "Gurby" Berdimuhamedow (Independent)
Image of Leader -Image
Party in Power -Democratic Party of Turkmenistan
Executive Title - President (de jure) Protector (de facto)
Religion Breakdown -
94% Islam
5% Christianity
1% Others
Flag -Image
National Anthem -

Public Goals - Pursue friendly diplomatic and military relations with both China and Russia if applicable, threaten the United States just to have something in common with Kim Jong Un
Private Goals - build up the armed forces, purge military and civilian ranks, bolster the cult of personality in increasingly insane ways,

Total military size -
31,000 active personnel
21,000 reserve personnel
10,000 paramilitary personnel
Breakdown of ground sector -
30,000 active personnel
20,000 reserve personnel
10,000 paramilitary personnel organized into two regiments
700 Main Battle Tanks
2,000 Armored Vehicles
69 Self Propelled Artillery
210 Towed Artillery
120 Rocket Launchers
Breakdown of naval sector -
1 x Fuck Uzbekistan class patrol boat
10 x Fuck Our Neighbors class patrol boat
1,000 active personnel
1,000 reserve personnel
Breakdown of airforce sector - Not Applicable
Major foreign military suppliers [IF APPLICABLE]- Russia, we got a bunch of their left over tanks from the time when the Soviet Union was a thing. It's nice to have friends who loan you out spare parts for your aging T-55s. Good Russia.
Extra military information -
Turkmenistan Army
What do you call three scared cooks armed with pop guns? The Army. The military has mostly gone ignored, with the Army receiving important neglect. The military generals that stick to their posts are really only their either as nepotism like appointments by Gurby or aging war heroes from WWII that somehow aren't dead yet. Besides the octogenarians to centenarians marching until their pacemakers implode, the average soldier is fairly shit with the clusterfuck of weapons that are handed out.
While yes, the army could theoretically have close to three million soldiers at arm with massed conscription,Gurby has been talked out of having every man woman and child participate in the army to make the numbers look better. This is owing to the lack of equipment that even the regular army struggles at. While domestic production of military clothes is sluggish,owing to exports of lucrative cotton and funded from the oil pipelines that cross into China and Russia, the purchase of some other nation's rifle or military uniform has proven to be easy as pie. Every Turkmen's uniforms or even traditional clothes have a made in china sticker somewhere embedded onto them. He's mostly kept his military strength for marching displays during the various national holidays he has declared.

Military Tanks and Armored equipment? You mean whatever the hell Russia had on sale during the Soviet Union "Going out of business" liquidation? Yeah the seven glorious Turkmen Armored Divisions are made up of the bargain bin of old cold war technology, including the famous T-34/85,T-55, T-64,T-72 and T-80. There has been no attempt so far at even experimenting with a domestic Turkmen tank industry.
Turkmenistan Navy
Wait! Isn't Turkmenistan landlock-shh, don't tell Gurby that. He's sunk thousands of TMTs into a new fleet of patrol craft, with him even boasting of building a battleship. The SS Fuck Uzbekistan is nothing more than a glorified patrol boat, though it is the largest vessel of the fleet and flagship. Despite his ignorance in naval affairs, he has been keen to expand the navy to more than would be needed for a near landlocked state. Oh, and he attempted to convince Carnival cruise lines to sell him one of their cruise ships, though when your diplomats throw their own shit during negotiations, that's bound to not be entirely successful.
Turkmenistan Air Force
In a stunning turn of events, Turkmenistan lacks an airforce, owing to a sudden and spontaneous decision by President Gorby to scrap every remaining plane. He explained his events in a dream where he was flying a plane and it caught fire and crashed, killing him in the dream. With such solid logic behind him, Turkmenistan overnight got rid of their airforce, selling off the planes with a barrel of crude oil to boost profits for Gurby's statue making business. That's not to say Turkmenistan doesn't have an international airport or even a fleet of civilian airliners that could be pressed into service as transport planes, so while there is no air force on paper, Gurby can will the civilians along with it to make something appear out of thin air (or within a few months, logistics permitting) if the situation calls for it.

Currency - Turkman New Manat (TMT)
Currency and value of currency compared to USD - $1= 5 TMT
Major import/export partners - Russia, China

Major Domestic Issues - Stagnating Economy, bread lines, making sure the people don't revolt against Gurby-senpai, Gurby's personal health and possible succession crisis
Major Foreign Issues - Whatever the Fuck Russia is doing, ETLO recognition, Balancing relations between Russia and China

Pre-2024 History - By far the most pressing concern for Gorby will be whether or not he recognizes the East Turkestan Liberation Organization as a terrorist group. On one hand, the immense funds and machines from China will dry up, forcing him to turn to Russia for support in building up the economy and military machinery of Turkmenistan. This has remained a rather large obstacle for diplomatic relations, though possible channels for improvement may open themselves up, possibly with Indian investment or begrudgingly asking the Europeans for economic aid with no conditions of "increasing transparency and lowering corruption". The current position has been one of careful diplomacy, staged photos with Chinese leaders and pledges and backing from all sides for x policy or y business deal.

As Gurbanguly reaches his seventies, there is increasing concern as to who would be the successor. Two of the most prominent choices are his own son Serdar, the current Minister of Foreign Affairs and the first female high ranking military general Akgul Tawas. Sedar, while beloved by the President, has been a rather incompetent choice for Serdar, with him misunderstanding the meaning of foreign affairs with numerous international flings with several celebrities, local politicians and one night stands with former us congressmen and women who were there to "certify" the legitimacy of Gorby's election to a second term in 2017. Tawas, on the other hand, enjoys much support from the armed forces old guard, and would be very much supported by the general population as a chance of pace over the possible implementation of a family dynasty. As a third term approaches this year in 2024, he is expected to cruise to an easy victory, though possible problems with dissent may plague his administration, and lead to the weakening of his iron fisted grip over the nation, with an unthinkable military coup already being grumbled about by sources close to Tawas.

(Any large events will be scrutinized in accordance to the current lore)
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:46 am

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:

Capital -Ashgabat
Type of Government -Unitary Presidential Republic under an authoritarian dictatorship
Image of Leader -(Image)
Religion Breakdown -
94% Islam
5% Christianity
1% Others
Flag -(Image)
National Anthem -

Public Goals - Pursue friendly diplomatic and military relations with both China and Russia if applicable, threaten the United States just to have something in common with Kim Jong Un
Private Goals - build up the armed forces, purge military and civilian ranks, bolster the cult of personality in increasingly insane ways,

Total military size -
31,000 active personnel
21,000 reserve personnel
30,000 active personnel
20,000 reserve personnel
700 Main Battle Tanks
2,000 Armored Vehicles
210 Towed Artillery
120 Rocket Launchers
1,000 active personnel
1,000 reserve personnel
Major foreign military suppliers [IF APPLICABLE]- Russia, we got a bunch of their left over tanks from the time when the Soviet Union was a thing. It's nice to have friends who loan you out spare parts for your aging T-55s. Good Russia.
Turkmenistan Army
What do you call three scared cooks armed with pop guns? The Army. The military has mostly gone ignored, with the Army receiving important neglect. The military generals that stick to their posts are really only their either as nepotism like appointments by Gurby or aging war heroes from WWII that somehow aren't dead yet. Besides the octogenarians to centenarians marching until their pacemakers implode, the average soldier is fairly shit with the clusterfuck of weapons that are handed out.
While yes, the army could theoretically have close to three million soldiers at arm with massed conscription,Gurby has been talked out of having every man woman and child participate in the army to make the numbers look better. This is owing to the lack of equipment that even the regular army struggles at. While domestic production of military clothes is sluggish,owing to exports of lucrative cotton and funded from the oil pipelines that cross into China and Russia, the purchase of some other nation's rifle or military uniform has proven to be easy as pie. Every Turkmen's uniforms or even traditional clothes have a made in china sticker somewhere embedded onto them. He's mostly kept his military strength for marching displays during the various national holidays he has declared.

Military Tanks and Armored equipment? You mean whatever the hell Russia had on sale during the Soviet Union "Going out of business" liquidation? Yeah the seven glorious Turkmen Armored Divisions are made up of the bargain bin of old cold war technology, including the famous T-34/85,T-55, T-64,T-72 and T-80. There has been no attempt so far at even experimenting with a domestic Turkmen tank industry.
Turkmenistan Navy
Wait! Isn't Turkmenistan landlock-shh, don't tell Gurby that. He's sunk thousands of TMTs into a new fleet of patrol craft, with him even boasting of building a battleship. The SS Fuck Uzbekistan is nothing more than a glorified patrol boat, though it is the largest vessel of the fleet and flagship. Despite his ignorance in naval affairs, he has been keen to expand the navy to more than would be needed for a near landlocked state. Oh, and he attempted to convince Carnival cruise lines to sell him one of their cruise ships, though when your diplomats throw their own shit during negotiations, that's bound to not be entirely successful.
Turkmenistan Air Force
In a stunning turn of events, Turkmenistan lacks an airforce, owing to a sudden and spontaneous decision by President Gorby to scrap every remaining plane. He explained his events in a dream where he was flying a plane and it caught fire and crashed, killing him in the dream. With such solid logic behind him, Turkmenistan overnight got rid of their airforce, selling off the planes with a barrel of crude oil to boost profits for Gurby's statue making business. That's not to say Turkmenistan doesn't have an international airport or even a fleet of civilian airliners that could be pressed into service as transport planes, so while there is no air force on paper, Gurby can will the civilians along with it to make something appear out of thin air (or within a few months, logistics permitting) if the situation calls for it.

Major Domestic Issues - Stagnating Economy, bread lines, making sure the people don't revolt against Gurby-senpai, Gurby's personal health and possible succession crisis
Major Foreign Issues - Whatever the Fuck Russia is doing, ETLO recognition, Balancing relations between Russia and China

Pre-2024 History - By far the most pressing concern for Gorby will be whether or not he recognizes the East Turkestan Liberation Organization as a terrorist group. On one hand, the immense funds and machines from China will dry up, forcing him to turn to Russia for support in building up the economy and military machinery of Turkmenistan. This has remained a rather large obstacle for diplomatic relations, though possible channels for improvement may open themselves up, possibly with Indian investment or begrudgingly asking the Europeans for economic aid with no conditions of "increasing transparency and lowering corruption". The current position has been one of careful diplomacy, staged photos with Chinese leaders and pledges and backing from all sides for x policy or y business deal.

As Gurbanguly reaches his seventies, there is increasing concern as to who would be the successor. Two of the most prominent choices are his own son Serdar, the current Minister of Foreign Affairs and the first female high ranking military general Akgul Tawas. Sedar, while beloved by the President, has been a rather incompetent choice for Serdar, with him misunderstanding the meaning of foreign affairs with numerous international flings with several celebrities, local politicians and one night stands with former us congressmen and women who were there to "certify" the legitimacy of Gorby's election to a second term in 2017. Tawas, on the other hand, enjoys much support from the armed forces old guard, and would be very much supported by the general population as a chance of pace over the possible implementation of a family dynasty. As a third term approaches this year in 2024, he is expected to cruise to an easy victory, though possible problems with dissent may plague his administration, and lead to the weakening of his iron fisted grip over the nation, with an unthinkable military coup already being grumbled about by sources close to Tawas.

Interesting
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Durin V
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Durin V » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:48 pm

apologies for the rather short post. Haven't had time (and a bit of a lack of inspiration) to write down something decent but felt i had to respond to the events in Syria.

The Surge Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Surge Empire » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:47 pm

Alrighty heres my App for Italy
Nationstates Name - The Surge Empire
Nation Name - Italian Republic
Roleplay example link - y'all know me

Capital - Rome
Type of Government - Unitary parliamentary republic
Head of State(s) - Giuseppe Conte
Image of Leader -Image
Party in Power - Coalition between Lega, Brothers of Italy, and the Five Star Movement
Religion Breakdown -Christianity (83.3%) No religion (12.4%) Islam (3.7%) Buddhism (0.2%) Hinduism (0.1%) Other religions (0.3%)
Flag - Image

Public Goals - Federalize Italy, Bring Italy out of the Recession and into a new Era
Private Goals - Italy into Rome? Leave the EU, Position Italy as an Power in Europe

Total military size - 370,000 Military Personnel
Breakdown of ground sector - 250 Tanks, 7,350 Armored Vehicles, 60 Self-propelled Artillery, 110 Towed Artillery, 21 Rocket Projecters
Breakdown of naval sector - 250 Total Assets, 2 Aircraft Carriers, 5 Destroyers, 12 frigates, 8 submarines, 16 patrol ships.
Breakdown of airforce sector - 99 Fighters, 110 Attack Aircraft, 38 Transport planes, 185 Trainer Aircraft, 59 Attack Helicopters, 440 Helicopters
Extra military information - In 2019-2021, The Italian military went forward with the planned but uncompleted 2013 military reforms with minor differences, these included Division "Friuli" was renamed Division "Vittorio Veneto" and with this the traditions of the name "Friuli" returned to the Airmobile Brigade "Friuli", whose merger with the "Pozzuolo del Friuli" brigade was canceled. while the disbanding of the "Granatieri di Sardegna" brigade was canceled and it was decided that the second battalion of the brigade's 1st "Granatieri di Sardegna" "Regiment" would become independent as 2nd Grenadier Battalion "Cengio" and grow to regiment by 2020 as first step to bring the brigade back to full strength.
Currency - Euro
Currency and value of currency compared to USD - 1 Euro = 1.13 USD
Major import/export partners - Germany, France, U.S, Spain, UK

Major Domestic Issues - Five Star Movement, Italian Economy
Major Foreign Issues - Eurosceptcism, Illegal Immigration

Pre-2024 History - [spoiler]In 2018, The Election passed with the Five Star movement getting roughly 11 million votes, marking it as the winner of the election, the League with 5.1 million voters and Brothers of Italy with 3 Million Voters, these three would make up the government of Italy for the next few years.

in 2019, there was rumors that the league would force a vote of no confidence on the Conte Government, This was amid a time of strong Tensions between Lega and 5 Star, Several Members even said they would oppose the Conte Government if they vote happened. This Government, Italy's and Europe's First Populist Government. The No Confidence vote went forward with Conte winning the vote by a small majority after refusing to resign and fought to regain support of his cabinet. Lega was greatly harmed by the vote's failure with its leader being called opportunistic by the Prime Minister.

In 2020, the political turmoil of the previous year hadn't ended, with Brothers of Italy moving towards a more populist standpoint alongside Five Star, they also weren't on good terms with lega after some strong efforts to paint conte in a good light. Lega's public image was greatly harmed by the vote and Brothers of Italy were Cast out of the center right coalition. Following this, Brothers of Italy positioned itself as the primary partner to Five Star in the government, with Lega dropping out of favor with Five Star leaders and the public.

as 2021 rolled in, Italy watched in fear as the Sanders Presidency began, its economy hurting from when he was elected. The Administration was unable to deal with market fears of U.S economic turmoil. This only deeped the Reccession Italy was going under. and with this the Center-Left Coalition stuck at the the Conte Government, this was a much harder fight to win, with lega on the fence on whether or not to try and dethrone the Prime Minister. This Vote was only won there by a very slim majority with only a 5 vote majority.

2022 was a year of change, The Russian Invasion was the final straw in NATO, America fell out of Favor with the Italian public, and with NATO collapsing, the public looked to the Italian military as its safeguard. with this, more conservative and populist elements have swung more in favor with the public. Euroscepticism stands on a knife edge, with the Public divided if now more then ever they need the EU or if it would be more worthwhile to leave.

2023 marked the election year for the Italian parliament, Brothers and Five Star worked together to continue the Conte Government, with the express idea to Federalize italy and position itself as a newer power in Europe and not the failing nation it currently was. the Economy nearly collapsed after Virumaa, however the following year had been one of economic growth and fast recovery from the crisis. This leaves Italy in a new position, With Brothers and Five Star coming out of the election as the strongest right wing powers in government. Conte has been selected to lead the new parliament and a new era for Italy begins

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:44 pm

I'll talk with the OP and IEs to see if your military numbers are too high, but otherwise, Italy is accepted. Gotta say, I didn't know Italy wasn't a federation irl, it'd be interesting to see Italy become one like Germany.

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:18 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:

Capital -Ashgabat
Image of Leader -(Image)
Religion Breakdown -
94% Islam
5% Christianity
1% Others
Flag -(Image)
National Anthem -

Total military size -
31,000 active personnel
21,000 reserve personnel
30,000 active personnel
20,000 reserve personnel
700 Main Battle Tanks
2,000 Armored Vehicles
210 Towed Artillery
120 Rocket Launchers
1,000 active personnel
1,000 reserve personnel
Turkmenistan Army

Turkmenistan Navy
Turkmenistan Air Force

ngl newne, you're a cool guy and all, but the fact that you couldn't even make it through the application without filling it with odd humor makes me think this isn't a good fit of a roleplay for you

The Surge Empire wrote:Alrighty heres my App for Italy
Nationstates Name - The Surge Empire
Nation Name - Italian Republic
Roleplay example link - y'all know me

Capital - Rome
Type of Government - Unitary parliamentary republic
Head of State(s) - Giuseppe Conte
Image of Leader -(Image)
Party in Power - Coalition between Lega, Brothers of Italy, and the Five Star Movement
Religion Breakdown -Christianity (83.3%) No religion (12.4%) Islam (3.7%) Buddhism (0.2%) Hinduism (0.1%) Other religions (0.3%)
Flag - (Image)

Public Goals - Federalize Italy, Bring Italy out of the Recession and into a new Era
Private Goals - Italy into Rome? Leave the EU, Position Italy as an Power in Europe

Total military size - 370,000 Military Personnel
Breakdown of ground sector - 250 Tanks, 7,350 Armored Vehicles, 60 Self-propelled Artillery, 110 Towed Artillery, 21 Rocket Projecters
Breakdown of naval sector - 250 Total Assets, 2 Aircraft Carriers, 5 Destroyers, 12 frigates, 8 submarines, 16 patrol ships.
Breakdown of airforce sector - 99 Fighters, 110 Attack Aircraft, 38 Transport planes, 185 Trainer Aircraft, 59 Attack Helicopters, 440 Helicopters
Extra military information - In 2019-2021, The Italian military went forward with the planned but uncompleted 2013 military reforms with minor differences, these included Division "Friuli" was renamed Division "Vittorio Veneto" and with this the traditions of the name "Friuli" returned to the Airmobile Brigade "Friuli", whose merger with the "Pozzuolo del Friuli" brigade was canceled. while the disbanding of the "Granatieri di Sardegna" brigade was canceled and it was decided that the second battalion of the brigade's 1st "Granatieri di Sardegna" "Regiment" would become independent as 2nd Grenadier Battalion "Cengio" and grow to regiment by 2020 as first step to bring the brigade back to full strength.
Currency - Euro
Currency and value of currency compared to USD - 1 Euro = 1.13 USD
Major import/export partners - Germany, France, U.S, Spain, UK

Major Domestic Issues - Five Star Movement, Italian Economy
Major Foreign Issues - Eurosceptcism, Illegal Immigration

Pre-2024 History - [spoiler]In 2018, The Election passed with the Five Star movement getting roughly 11 million votes, marking it as the winner of the election, the League with 5.1 million voters and Brothers of Italy with 3 Million Voters, these three would make up the government of Italy for the next few years.

in 2019, there was rumors that the league would force a vote of no confidence on the Conte Government, This was amid a time of strong Tensions between Lega and 5 Star, Several Members even said they would oppose the Conte Government if they vote happened. This Government, Italy's and Europe's First Populist Government. The No Confidence vote went forward with Conte winning the vote by a small majority after refusing to resign and fought to regain support of his cabinet. Lega was greatly harmed by the vote's failure with its leader being called opportunistic by the Prime Minister.

In 2020, the political turmoil of the previous year hadn't ended, with Brothers of Italy moving towards a more populist standpoint alongside Five Star, they also weren't on good terms with lega after some strong efforts to paint conte in a good light. Lega's public image was greatly harmed by the vote and Brothers of Italy were Cast out of the center right coalition. Following this, Brothers of Italy positioned itself as the primary partner to Five Star in the government, with Lega dropping out of favor with Five Star leaders and the public.

as 2021 rolled in, Italy watched in fear as the Sanders Presidency began, its economy hurting from when he was elected. The Administration was unable to deal with market fears of U.S economic turmoil. This only deeped the Reccession Italy was going under. and with this the Center-Left Coalition stuck at the the Conte Government, this was a much harder fight to win, with lega on the fence on whether or not to try and dethrone the Prime Minister. This Vote was only won there by a very slim majority with only a 5 vote majority.

2022 was a year of change, The Russian Invasion was the final straw in NATO, America fell out of Favor with the Italian public, and with NATO collapsing, the public looked to the Italian military as its safeguard. with this, more conservative and populist elements have swung more in favor with the public. Euroscepticism stands on a knife edge, with the Public divided if now more then ever they need the EU or if it would be more worthwhile to leave.

2023 marked the election year for the Italian parliament, Brothers and Five Star worked together to continue the Conte Government, with the express idea to Federalize italy and position itself as a newer power in Europe and not the failing nation it currently was. the Economy nearly collapsed after Virumaa, however the following year had been one of economic growth and fast recovery from the crisis. This leaves Italy in a new position, With Brothers and Five Star coming out of the election as the strongest right wing powers in government. Conte has been selected to lead the new parliament and a new era for Italy begins

denied because the exchange rate between the euro and usd is 1.12 not 1.13 dumb

But nah the app is accepted, though I would like to clarify what you meant by "euroscepticism on a knife's edge" since I would imagine Virumaa mostly stood to push people further towards their beliefs or, if anything, helped push some people towards Pro-Europeanism since it showed that the United States won't defend Europe and warranted a need for a unified block against Russia. App is good, though. Accepted.
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

The Surge Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Surge Empire » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:15 pm

My basic idea for eurosceptcism was that italy under its populist government, was semi-eurosceptic, this going along with the public being majority eurosceptic. however after virumma, its far more equal and polarized between euroscepticsm and being pro-EU

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse