NATION

PASSWORD

2024: THE LONG PEACE [OOC | CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:25 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:
Atrilan wrote:That's what they said about her being alive in 2020 in 2016, the immortal Queen lives.

True

I got all the military numbers from wikipedia

swag
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

The National Dominion of Hungary
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The National Dominion of Hungary » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:35 am

[DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012662]
Nationstates Name - The National Dominion of Hungary
Nation Name - The Republic of Poland

Kurwa activated.

Plotek i medialnych bredni nie daj sobie wmówić,
Codziennie się rozwijaj i nie daj się ogłupić,
Atakowi propagandy stawiaj czoło dzielnie,
Nie daj sobą sterować i myśl samodzielnie.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a solid 7/10. Deal with it.

Greater Redosia
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:14 am

I must admit, so far so good. So many nations with players already, including a Poland, United Kingdom and Turkey! I can definitely tell this is gonna be some extreme diplomatic and political maneuvering I’m gonna need to do.
Member of the Cobalt Network
Want to join? Click here!

RPs I'm currently in:

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:37 am

Atrilan wrote:
Latvijas Otra Republika wrote:
I don't want to pick up a great national story of characters and politics which is too vast or un-tangible for me. Also don't want to leave something unfinished or create a RP 'stereotype' out of a country because I haven't experienced it.

I just don't know what to do and what country to do it with, + I can get demotivated after long stretches of time.

(This isn't a rant about sexual tension I promise)

We've discussed this before, I was memeing when I said "brother why"

I am meme
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:52 am

Latvijas Otra Republika wrote:
Atrilan wrote:We've discussed this before, I was memeing when I said "brother why"

I am meme

Meme supreme
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:23 pm

Wonder what Poland has been up to.
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

Kanye West 2024

Atrilan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:40 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:Wonder what Poland has been up to.

Not being very fond of America I imagine

wait thats europe now
Last edited by Atrilan 13.7 billion years ago, edited 73 times in total.
National Information
Leader - Antrinoxa Program
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - People's Republic of China

THE TECHNOCRATIC STATE OF ATRILAN
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

The National Dominion of Hungary
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The National Dominion of Hungary » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:45 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:Wonder what Poland has been up to.

You'll see tomorrow 8)

Plotek i medialnych bredni nie daj sobie wmówić,
Codziennie się rozwijaj i nie daj się ogłupić,
Atakowi propagandy stawiaj czoło dzielnie,
Nie daj sobą sterować i myśl samodzielnie.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a solid 7/10. Deal with it.

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:55 pm

IC?

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:04 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:IC?

That and the Discord will be up sometime today, I just got home so I'm gonna eat and throw on a pot of tea before I work on that.
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:06 pm

Atrilan wrote:
Kargintina the Third wrote:IC?

That and the Discord will be up sometime today, I just got home so I'm gonna eat and throw on a pot of tea before I work on that.

Sounds good :)

Grand Indochina
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Indochina » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:37 pm

What happen to Hong Kong in this timeline ? Is the people still protesting ?

Also doesElon Musk send men to Mars ?
Last edited by Grand Indochina on Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Heretics, heretics everywhere.”

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:12 pm

Grand Indochina wrote:What happen to Hong Kong in this timeline ? Is the people still protesting ?

Though China is still trying to assert more dominance over Hong Kong, it is still autonomous. There's probably still protests, but not as massive as the current ones, and over different things. For more specific details, ask my boy Atrilan, who's playing China.

As of 2024, there have been no attempted missions to Mars.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:18 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Grand Indochina wrote:What happen to Hong Kong in this timeline ? Is the people still protesting ?

Though China is still trying to assert more dominance over Hong Kong, it is still autonomous. There's probably still protests, but not as massive as the current ones, and over different things. For more specific details, ask my boy Atrilan, who's playing China.

As of 2024, there have been no attempted missions to Mars.

Yeah much more limited in scale, not a year-definer like in our original timeline.

also hell nah we probably arent gonna get any manned missions to mars until at least 2035
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:33 pm

IC Forum
Discord

I recommend joining the Discord before you post,
我不会说中文!
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Military Lands of the Scottish People
Senator

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:45 pm

[DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012663]

Nationstates Name - Military Lands of the Scottish People
Nation Name - Fifth French Republic
Roleplay example link - me?

Capital - Paris
Type of Government - Unitary Semi Presidential Republic
Head of State(s) - President Eduoard Philippe, Prime Minister Christophe Castaner
Image of Leader -
Eduoard Philippe

Christophe Castaner

Party in Power - La Republicains
Executive Title - President
Religion Breakdown -
57.5% Roman Catholic
35% Non-religious
3.5% other faiths
3% Protestant
1% Unanswered

Flag -

National Anthem -

Public Goals - Cooperate with West African countries part of the Francafrique system to make them more sustainable and autonomous, cooperate with the EU to isolate Russia's avenues for expansion, ensure the EUs independence from both the West and the East while maintaining a friendly relationship with both, build up France's Military to account for Americas absence in Europe
Private Goals - Ensure dominance over West Africa, expand the Francafrique system throughout Africa to ensure that regardless of the situation France will remain a dominant power on the world stage, take the reigns of leadership within the EU by overcoming Germanys economic control over it, isolating Russia entirely, denying an American re-entrance to world politics, and dismantling or isolating the UK as to avoid it setting off any more anti EU movements.

Total military size - 204,000 active | 183,635 reserve
Breakdown of ground sector -
543 combat tanks
6,467 AFVs
167 Self-Propelled Artillery
35 Towed Artillery
44 Rocket Projectors

Breakdown of naval sector -
4 aircraft carriers (includes helicopter carriers)
11 frigates
4 destroyers
10 submarines
17 PT craft
18 Mine Warfare Vessels

Breakdown of airforce sector -
296 Fighters
53 Attack Aircraft
253 Transport Aircraft
283 Trainer Aircraft
609 Helicopters
75 Attack Helicopters

Major foreign military suppliers [IF APPLICABLE]-
France develops a fair portion of its military industry, while exporting a lot. It does contract equipment from other European members, and sometimes the US, but can be self dependent if needed.
Extra military information -[/b) The largest armed forces within the European Union and one of two nuclear powers in the union, France has become increasingly active military since Operation Serval in Mali. A capable aerospace and maritime industry serves as a foundation for a prominent military-industrial complex.

[b]Currency
- Euro
Currency and value of currency compared to USD - 1.12 Euro to USD
Major import/export partners -
Import: Germany, China, Italy, Belgium, Spain
Export: Germany, Belgium, Italy, Spain, United Kingom
Major Domestic Issues - Crime rate, Populism, Anti EU sentiment, anger over taxes
Major Foreign Issues - West African Insurgencies (primarily in Niger where Tuareg rebels have broken a ceasefire), the absence of the UK in the EU, political division within the EU.

Pre-2024 History - In 2018 the Yellow Vest protests began in France due to a gas tax, among many other reasons. This put farmers and motorists against the Government, resulting in huge protests throughout France, the largest being in Paris. These protests quickly grew in size, disturbing the relative status quo experienced throughout France and threatening the governments approval ratings. As the government attempted to counter protests and move on, fringe radical groups began to join the protests, and gradually grew to expand all malcontent groups within France. These protests rocked France till 2021 when various compromises were made and peace was restored. This came at a great price, with Macron's approval ratings dropping from a healthy 61% to 43%, a near 20% drop.

By 2022 the elections saw Macron get removed by the Republican Party, electing former Prime Minister Eduoard Philippe as President. An En Marche member was elected as Prime Minister. Despite this, the two planned to work together as tensions with Russia were beginning to boil. This culminated in the Virmua Crisis where it put Russia against the EU and America. Determined to stand their ground, Eduoard Philippe ordered the mobilization of the French Military to support EU and American troops against Russia. However, when America announced that it was leaving Europe, Philippe had no other choice but to pull back and renounce support, albeit in bitter anger and resentment for the US for abandoning them in their moment of need. In his Virmua address a week after the crisis had ended, he declared that he will push France in a new direction to support and foster the EU into a dominant power that would no longer require foreign support. His first move was to increase sanctions and moved to support Ukraine against the Russian supported Donbass rebels. For the next two years he moved to increase funding in the military, made various compromises with the En Marche political party, and gathered support. By 2024, his plans were coming together, and now it is time to act.
Last edited by Military Lands of the Scottish People on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.
Proud Cobaltian Citizen, November 13, 2017 - Present

Minister of Internal Affairs, March 23rd, 2018 - October 13th, 2018 (two terms)
Vice President, January 16th, 2019 - May 8th, 2019 (One Term)
Recipient of the Cobalt Iron Cross during 2018s N Day.
I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:20 pm

Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:

Nationstates Name - Military Lands of the Scottish People
Nation Name - Fifth French Republic
Roleplay example link - me?

Capital - Paris
Type of Government - Unitary Semi Presidential Republic
Head of State(s) - President Eduoard Philippe, Prime Minister Christophe Castaner
Image of Leader -
(Image)
Eduoard Philippe

(Image)
Christophe Castaner

Party in Power - La Republicains
Religion Breakdown -
57.5% Roman Catholic
35% Non-religious
3.5% other faiths
3% Protestant
1% Unanswered

Flag -
(Image)

National Anthem -

Public Goals - Cooperate with West African countries part of the Francafrique system to make them more sustainable and autonomous, cooperate with the EU to isolate Russia's avenues for expansion, ensure the EUs independence from both the West and the East while maintaining a friendly relationship with both, build up France's Military to account for Americas absence in Europe
Private Goals - Ensure dominance over West Africa, expand the Francafrique system throughout Africa to ensure that regardless of the situation France will remain a dominant power on the world stage, take the reigns of leadership within the EU by overcoming Germanys economic control over it, isolating Russia entirely, denying an American re-entrance to world politics, and dismantling or isolating the UK as to avoid it setting off any more anti EU movements.

Total military size - 204,000 active | 183,635 reserve
Breakdown of ground sector -
543 combat tanks
6,467 AFVs
167 Self-Propelled Artillery
35 Towed Artillery
44 Rocket Projectors

4 aircraft carriers (includes helicopter carriers)
11 frigates
4 destroyers
10 submarines
17 PT craft
18 Mine Warfare Vessels

296 Fighters
53 Attack Aircraft
253 Transport Aircraft
283 Trainer Aircraft
609 Helicopters
75 Attack Helicopters

Major foreign military suppliers [IF APPLICABLE]-
France develops a fair portion of its military industry, while exporting a lot. It does contract equipment from other European members, and sometimes the US, but can be self dependent if needed.
Extra military information -[/b) The largest armed forces within the European Union and one of two nuclear powers in the union, France has become increasingly active military since Operation Serval in Mali. A capable aerospace and maritime industry serves as a foundation for a prominent military-industrial complex.

[b]Currency
- Euro
Major import/export partners -
Import: Germany, China, Italy, Belgium, Spain
Export: Germany, Belgium, Italy, Spain, United Kingom
Major Domestic Issues - Crime rate, Populism, Anti EU sentiment, anger over taxes
Major Foreign Issues - West African Insurgencies (primarily in Niger where Tuareg rebels have broken a ceasefire), the absence of the UK in the EU, political division within the EU.

Pre-2024 History - In 2018 the Yellow Vest protests began in France due to a gas tax, among many other reasons. This put farmers and motorists against the Government, resulting in huge protests throughout France, the largest being in Paris. These protests quickly grew in size, disturbing the relative status quo experienced throughout France and threatening the governments approval ratings. As the government attempted to counter protests and move on, fringe radical groups began to join the protests, and gradually grew to expand all malcontent groups within France. These protests rocked France till 2021 when various compromises were made and peace was restored. This came at a great price, with Macron's approval ratings dropping from a healthy 61% to 43%, a near 20% drop.

By 2022 the elections saw Macron get removed by the Republican Party, electing former Prime Minister Eduoard Philippe as President. An En Marche member was elected as Prime Minister. Despite this, the two planned to work together as tensions with Russia were beginning to boil. This culminated in the Virmua Crisis where it put Russia against the EU and America. Determined to stand their ground, Eduoard Philippe ordered the mobilization of the French Military to support EU and American troops against Russia. However, when America announced that it was leaving Europe, Philippe had no other choice but to pull back and renounce support, albeit in bitter anger and resentment for the US for abandoning them in their moment of need. In his Virmua address a week after the crisis had ended, he declared that he will push France in a new direction to support and foster the EU into a dominant power that would no longer require foreign support. His first move was to increase sanctions and moved to support Ukraine against the Russian supported Donbass rebels. For the next two years he moved to increase funding in the military, made various compromises with the En Marche political party, and gathered support. By 2024, his plans were coming together, and now it is time to act.

Accepted, honhonhon
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:46 pm

[box][DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012662]
Nationstates Name - Chewion
Nation Name - Brazil
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:44 am

Nationstates Name Sarderia
Nation Name Republic of Iraq
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:22 am

Cancel my reservation plz
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:41 am

Breaking news: Brazil is open
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:

No way.

Kanye West 2024

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:43 am

Pimps Inc wrote:Breaking news: Brazil is open

Is it really????
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Republic of Turbin
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Turbin » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:28 pm

Nationstates Name - Republic of Turbin
Nation Name - Republic of Portugal
Joe Biden

Atrilan
Negotiator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Atrilan » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:29 pm

Republic of Turbin wrote:[box][DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012662]
Nationstates Name - Republic of Turbin
Nation Name - Republic of Portugal

Sarderia wrote:[box][DO NOT REMOVE : 68954012662]
Nationstates Name Sarderia
Nation Name Republic of Iraq

Reservations noted, I recommend you join the Discord.
National Information
Capital - Avlose
Population - 73,892,891
Currency - Credit (₡)
Roleplay Information

COBALT NETWORK FOUNDER
Est. 2089
Post Modern

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:01 pm

Nationstates Name - Latvijas Otra Republika
Nation Name - Republic of Latvia
Roleplay example link - OG 2024 Washington 2017

Capital - Rīga
Type of Government - Parliamentary Republic
Head of State(s) - President Jūlija Stepaņenko
- Prime Minister Aldis Gobzems
Image of Leader -

Party in Power - Brīvības un Patriotu Koalīcija (Post Virumaa Government Coalition of KPV-LV, NA, JKP)
Religion Breakdown - Lutheranism (34.3%), Roman Catholicism (25.1%), Eastern Orthodoxy and Old Believers (19.4%), Other Christians (1.2%), Other or none (20.0%) (Pre-Occupation 2015 Census)
Flag - Image
National Anthem - Anthem

Public Goals - Restoration of Latvian territorial integrity, strengthen military presence in the Baltic, Improve economic growth and output, Emigration of Latvian diaspora, Higher-academic and education reforms, Expand business innovation and manufacturing.
Private Goals - Leverage influence over Estonia and Lithuania, Leverage EU apparatus for national benefit, Pursue an euro-sceptic policy within the EU, Cultural levelling and assimilation targeted against the Russian minority, Reintroduce the LAT as the national currency.

Total military size - 17,155 combined, 9,155 Active, 8'000 Reserve
Breakdown of ground sector - 250 AFV
20 Towed Artillery
11 Patrol craft
6 Mine warfare missiles
4 Helicopters
4 Transport aircraft
Major foreign military suppliers [IF APPLICABLE]- Within EU
Extra military information - Primarily focused on self-defence

Currency - EURO
Major import/export partners - European Union member states, Lithuania, Estonia, Sweden, Finland, Poland

Major Domestic Issues - Anti-Russian sentiment, Need for heightened national pride, Legacy of the Battle of Rēzekne, Brain drain, Large foreign living diaspora
Major Foreign Issues - Russian occupation of Latgale, Lack of North American backing, Bordering geopolitical Russian threat

Pre-2024 History - Virumaa Crisis (more commonly refereed to as the Latgale Crisis in Latvia) brought unprecedented changes to the Republic of Latvia, it rippled political and social upheaval comparable to that of 1990-91. By the time the 2022 Russian invasion took, parliamentary elections were occurring which caused major political changes. Prime Minister Arturs Krišjānis Kariņš (member of Vienotiba) was already leading an unstable coalition of several ideologically split parties, such as the populist party known as the KPV-LV, with the formerly Russian backed Saskaņa party in opposition. The disaster of losing an entire region detrimental to the country caused instant government collapse, mainstream political groups such as Vienotiba broke down to it's original regional counter parts, while the KPV-LV and NA nationalists radicalised it's populist messaging and manifestos to garner wider support after the crisis.

The KPV-LV successfully won 51 out of a 100 seats (The 19 seats of Latgale's parliamentary ballot being granted to the abroad voters) and subsequently formed a coalition with a reluctant New Conservative party and the Establishment Nationalists. After Egils Levits' refusal to proceed with a second presidential term, a fourth time a president had done so in modern history since Valdis Zatlers, the newly formed coalition hesitantly agreed to settle on Jūlija Stepaņenko as President. Her nomination was mainly due to her Russian heritage, which would've appeased any minorities, and her mainly socially conservative views which would've gone in-line to the coalition. Speculation does persist that she had garnered a working relationship with Prime Minister Gobzems in the late 2010s prior to her candidacy.

It remains unforeseen if this sudden populists, arguably authoritarian, tide will ripple away from the borders of Latvia throughout Europe and land into the beating heart of Brussels. It also in question if the fate of the first Latvian republic will repeat in the second, as the 1920s squabbling parliamentary democracy was overruled by a Machiavellian Ulmanis and the force of an awfully agitated military.
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse