NATION

PASSWORD

Railgun:2350 (OOC/Open/FT-Nation Rp)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Empire of Tau » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:59 am

Bentus wrote:
The Empire of Tau wrote:Don't mind if I take titan?

Argh, so since Ganymede's taken I'm a bit more tied to Titan than before :( what was the general idea you were thinking of? Any particular reasons you'd want Titan in particular?

Never-mind. I want Enceladus instead. Titan is yours.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:09 am

The Empire of Tau wrote:
Bentus wrote:
Argh, so since Ganymede's taken I'm a bit more tied to Titan than before :( what was the general idea you were thinking of? Any particular reasons you'd want Titan in particular?

Never-mind. I want Enceladus instead. Titan is yours.

Awesome! Would be down to spitball any collaborative elements of history/life around Saturn too fwiw. Am planning to go down the autocratic theocracy route for Titan, so that should be nice and fun.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:20 am

Bentus wrote:
The Empire of Tau wrote:Never-mind. I want Enceladus instead. Titan is yours.

Awesome! Would be down to spitball any collaborative elements of history/life around Saturn too fwiw. Am planning to go down the autocratic theocracy route for Titan, so that should be nice and fun.

Oh, I see. My nation is um, a federal republic.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:18 am

Color me Interested, tag.

Edit: Oh! Also reserve Vesta!
Last edited by Northern Poland on Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kawaii Seals wrote:SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS

Tagali Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tagali Federation » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:40 pm

I'll honor all of the reservations I put down on the roster until monday, but from now on I'll only do reservations for people who have started on applications.
[spoiler=Nation Info]The Tagali Federation- An FT Nation made up of dozens of species.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:17 pm

Can you reserve Enceladus for me?

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:32 pm

Ooh boy this looks good! I would have loved to do Mercury, but the pop is unfortunately too low. I'm thinking of doing Tethys instead.

Tagali Federation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tagali Federation » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:37 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:Ooh boy this looks good! I would have loved to do Mercury, but the pop is unfortunately too low. I'm thinking of doing Tethys instead.

Oh shit, hey Orson, long time no see!
[spoiler=Nation Info]The Tagali Federation- An FT Nation made up of dozens of species.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:43 pm

Tagali Federation wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Ooh boy this looks good! I would have loved to do Mercury, but the pop is unfortunately too low. I'm thinking of doing Tethys instead.

Hello Gambia, long time no see indeed. I haven't seen a good FT RP like this in a while, so I thought I would get involved.

Tagali Federation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tagali Federation » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:59 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Tagali Federation wrote:

Hello Gambia, long time no see indeed. I haven't seen a good FT RP like this in a while, so I thought I would get involved.

Yeah, they seem to be a dying breed on here. Welcome aboard.

Volghar
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 28, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Volghar » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:16 pm

Tag

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:30 pm

On the point of populations, how were they calculated for each of the bodies out of curiosity? I was thinking that they vary quite a bit, and if they're meant to be a proxy for the relative "influence" of a body (all else being equal, which they never are) I was wondering if it'd be worth looking into rebalancing them a bit?

Just spitballing since I'm excited for the rp and it's probably too late to change things at this point anyway, but could some of the smaller few million or less objects he merged into single nations perhaps? Or maybe some of the larger bodies like Earth or Mars even get broken up into multiple factions (almost certainly too late for that) ?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

Tagali Federation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tagali Federation » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:32 pm

Bentus wrote:

On the point of populations, how were they calculated for each of the bodies out of curiosity? I was thinking that they vary quite a bit, and if they're meant to be a proxy for the relative "influence" of a body (all else being equal, which they never are) I was wondering if it'd be worth looking into rebalancing them a bit?

Just spitballing since I'm excited for the rp and it's probably too late to change things at this point anyway, but could some of the smaller few million or less objects he merged into single nations perhaps? Or maybe some of the larger bodies like Earth or Mars even get broken up into multiple factions (almost certainly too late for that) ?

That's something I mulled over while I was working out how to do this Rp. I went with doing individual planets and moons with set populations because I couldn't figure out how high I wanted populations to get to, especially in the Outer Planets. Normally with past FT Rps I've been fine with just letting players set their populations within limits (usually in the hundreds of billions due to the scale). Since this is my first FT rp where it's been in the scope of a single star system instead of a galaxy or a section of a galaxy, I didn't really know how high I should set the limits, especially since conditions most likely varying throughout the system.

I also felt that just setting a predetermined list would stop people who'd join and claim large chunks of the Outer Planets.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:45 pm

Tagali Federation wrote:That's something I mulled over while I was working out how to do this Rp. I went with doing individual planets and moons with set populations because I couldn't figure out how high I wanted populations to get to, especially in the Outer Planets. Normally with past FT Rps I've been fine with just letting players set their populations within limits (usually in the hundreds of billions due to the scale). Since this is my first FT rp where it's been in the scope of a single star system instead of a galaxy or a section of a galaxy, I didn't really know how high I should set the limits, especially since conditions most likely varying throughout the system.

I also felt that just setting a predetermined list would stop people who'd join and claim large chunks of the Outer Planets.

Very fair, and for what it's worth I think I'm preferring this a lot more to most FT settings where you'll have folks with radically different technologies and scales all thrown together without much of a common OOC understanding for what's expected. For the population distribution within the solar system and how it's divided up between factions, my $0.02 is that it depends on what kind of story the rp's meant to tell. As it is, the individual outer worlds are going to be pretty minor powers (with some little more than microstates) while the inner worlds are individual juggernauts. That's fine imo, since it might present a fun vibe where the outer worlds have to collaborate together to stand a chance against an inner world that looks their way. Though it might be worth bumping up some of the smaller ones? Bit biased, but for instance I don't really get why Umbriel on its own would have a higher pop than the entire Saturn system. Might be worth bumping up the population of a few of the moons other than Titan to balance things out. Also then means that Titan isn't just an unstoppable juggernaut within Saturn either, which might deter people from apping for some of the other moons there.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:47 pm

Tagali Federation wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Hello Gambia, long time no see indeed. I haven't seen a good FT RP like this in a while, so I thought I would get involved.

Yeah, they seem to be a dying breed on here. Welcome aboard.

Y tho?
Yugoslavia's back baby...

How the hell did this happen?
Well...we don't actually know. Just sort of happened one day.
Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:08 pm

NS Name: The Empire of Tau
Nation/Organization Name: Federal Republic of Etrijan
Flag: https://i.redd.it/4y1nkr36383z.png
Claim: Enceladus
Capitol/Base of Operations: Papanlientes
Main Industries: Water, Heavy Industrial Machinery & Equipment, Export-Grade Ship Hulls, Fuel Blocks, Chemicals, Agriculture.
History: In 2126, colonization of the outer planets began as the boon from the belt system provided the resources to do so. On the moon Enceladus, one of many moons on Saturn, the U.N publicly funded a mission to settle it - Project Oca. After three years of travel, the seed ship arrived on Enceladus. From there, the project went as normally as scheduled as detailed on its timetable. Given the moon’s vast deposits of water and other minerals, Earth and its corporations were happy enough to continue pouring resources into the colony. As the years rolled by, nothing eventful would really occur on Enceladus, besides from the common announcement of another infrastructure project done and likewise. Life and everyday business went on as normal.

In 2137, the Martians sought independence from Earth but their request was declined by Secretary-General Bjarni Kishan. In the followup of the news, the Martians protested. On Enceladus, local political thinkers theorized that the want for independence would grow and will have to be resolution in one way or another. Either by war or peaceful treaties, Earth would either hold onto control, or lose their influence over their planets. This kind of thinking on the moon had the effect of forming a growing populist party of constitutionalists, the National Progressive Party (NPP). In the event that Earth does reign supreme then the NPP would not seek independence. If Earth could not hold onto its planets then the NPP would have to seek independence in order to protect their own rights and produce their own constitution, one very similar to the U.S constitution.

Jan. 30, 2140, the people of Enceladus read the events that unfolded on the House of the Olympus Mons Settlement and the arrest of Efret Yeshayahu. The NPP simply waited and planned for either one way of the eventualities to occur. The news of the Olympus Mons incident and Efret gave more rise to other parties as well on Enceladus.

A decade has passed and the tensions between Earth and the Martian people were at a high point. Soon, the news of the 4th Martian Battlegroup mutiny spreaded across the moon. This was it, the final test if Earth could hold onto its power. The raid of Pallas, after months of skirmishes between the UN and Mars, brought much of the NPP and the other parties in favor of coup against the UN-controlled-government on Enceladus. In fear that anti-UN forces would raid Enceladus, the NPP and its various allied parties planned and launched a relatively bloodless coup against the UN forces and government staff on Enceladus. Later in July of 2151, the war would end in a Martian victory. In the meanwhile, the government was in progress as the NPP would gain enough clout and support from its local armed militias to push away the other parties from gaining control. A short-two-months civil war occurred with radical elements not wanting to hand over political power to the NPP. In the end, the NPP quickly purged these elements in a sweeping move in those two months due to bad leadership and corruption on the opposite side.

From there, on Oct. 14, 2152, the NPP would declare the Federal Republic of Etrijan and its constitution, which was a copy of the U.S constitution and its system of government. The doors to the election were then open and the years went by as parties went and went. The NPP is longer as other political parties swiped it aside.

Culture: A proper way to understand Etrijan culture is to look at how its people communicate. When someone talks in front of a crowd, the individual is expected to speak in a very loud and clear voice. No one can hear you if you don’t speak up. The individual should always have eye contact, don’t look away, eye to eye contact. Don’t sugarcoat things, exactly say what you mean. Be blunt, bold, loud, be honest and are always to the point. If in an argument, voice your opinion and be very assertive and aggressive in your argument. Don’t use nonverbal communication, no one can understand you - use direct loud verbal communication and keep it simple and easy. Modesty is not very valued either. If you don’t like how things are run then go out and voice your issues, be as visible as possible. If someone punches you then you choke slam. Someone robbing you? Beat the mugger’s shit in. A thief? YEET YOUR BLOODY CHAIR AT HIM OR HER. When not anticipating vulgar actions, most citizens of Etrijan are nice, especially to strangers - western hospitality, if you will.

Next is a set of beliefs that most citizens hold - Liberty, equality, self-governance, and individualism. Those beliefs make up the political culture of Etrijan. Liberty, an individual is able to do as she or he wishes as long it does not deprive other people’s rights. Equality, no matter your sex, race, sexual, and likewise, everyone is morally equal and protected under the rule of law. Self-governance, the government is governed by the people, who are able to anticipate political affairs via vote. Individualism, freedom of independence and able to reach one’s fullest potential in life, hard work makes fair pay.
Military Population: 1,176,22 in active service while 1,053,25 are in reserve.
Fleet Size: 800 Ships
Military Info: In a strategic scale, the Etrijan Department of Defense (DOD) focuses on the defense and survival of its vital strategic assets (command & control elements, satellites, dockyards, etc), so that the enemy can not easily knock out the military capacity to command and coordinate a war effort. In the same sense, the Etrijan DOD also carries out an operational doctrine of “strategic destruction,” or the priority targeting of industrial, military, and civil targets to hinder the enemy's will and capacity to wage a war - given that the tactical and operational situation allows so. The job of conducting such “strategic destruction” is left up to the Etrijan armed forces, navy, army, cyber-command, special operations command, and likewise. In order to hit vital strategic targets, the armed forces follow a operational tempo of rapid deployment, miscommunication, quick action in multiple sectors to stretch out enemy forces. For the navy, they rely on a flexible fleet of destroyers, frigates, and assault cruisers (for their marines) with a small core of battleships to enhance their naval standoff capability. The army has the difficult task of both protecting Etrijan assets and conducting operations to take, destroy, and or hold onto taken enemy assets. Cyber-command has the job of causing digital harm to the enemy's ability to do command and control along with damaging digital infrastructure, etc, etc, and the roles goes on for the different branches. The Etrijan military knows that it can not hold onto enemy assets for too long in most cases due to its smaller military capacity, so it pursues a systematic destruction of strategic enemy targets in accordance with tactical and operational doctrine that focuses on fast operational tempo developed over the years of war games, military theories, and observing other nation’s militarizes.

#Railgun250
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:20 am, edited 11 times in total.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:30 pm

NS Name: Bentus
Nation/Organization Name: The Illuminated Mandate
Flag (Spoiler Images):
Claim (Pick an empty one from the Roster): Titan (along with some mining stations around Saturn)
Capitol/Base of Operations: Titan
Main Industries: Resource Extraction, R&D
History (Keep Timeline in mind):
Following the first Belt Insurgency, the United Nations began to crackdown on dissent and separatism throughout the system. In the colonies, talk of independence was snuffed out through intimidation and force, while the UN quickly sought to tighten its grip on power back on Earth. Individual nations, which had willingly given up more of their sovereignty to the global government, suddenly found their remaining autonomy ripped away from them. Civil wars and insurrections erupted across the world’s surface during those turbulent years, but most of the old world’s countries had little choice but to fade into irrelevance in the face of the UN’s overwhelming supremacy. With global unification came a fresh new wave of globalisation as the empowered United Nations government sought to standardise its new domain and cement its dominance. This inevitably brought it into conflict with a number of cultural and fringe groups that had emerged in the chaotic early years of the century. Local cults, religious sects, political societies, any which were viewed as a possible threat to the new UN regime’s security were persecuted in the name of global stability.

The Illuminates were originally one such group. A rapidly growing semi-religious society, they were founded by an Indian scientist named Amandara Chadda. A chivalrous and powerful speaker, Amandara had made a name for herself among the thronging human masses of the subcontinent as a leading mind in cybernetic and bionetic research. The ultimate focus of her research was the emerging field of interactions between human minds, and she was infatuated with the prospect of mental communication. A visionary and an idealist at heart, Amandara dreamt of a time when humankind could all truly comprehend one another, regardless of cultural or societal differences. Her life’s work was dedicated towards the use of technology to bring about what she saw as the next natural improvement in human communication. But her passion quickly earned her a cult following both inside and outside academia. She would often preach about the promises of her research, vehemently making the case that humanity could push itself to work towards a common, greater good.

Although the United Nations at first found the young scientist’s philosophies to be powerful propaganda tools to support its global unification efforts, its bureaucrats quickly tired of the outspoken woman’s influential voice in her native land. When she began to speak out against some of the UN’s more hardline policies, Amandara found herself cast as the leader of a fringe religious cult. The world’s scientific bodies called her work unethical and accused her of illegal human experimentation, citing the abnormally high death rates in some of her less successful studies. Drowning out Amandara’s argument that her work had been legal under the less stringent laws of the Indian government prior to unification, the UN culminated its attack on her character by rescinding her Nobel Prize and stripping her of most of her academic honours.

Infuriated by the treatment her and her persecuted followers were receiving, Amandara looked upon the world and was saddened by what she saw. With the United Nations - the world government that she once looked up with naive and idealistic eyes - tightening its grip on Earth, she realised that there was no place on Earth for her or her followers. After much internal discussion, the Illuminates - as Amandara’s followers had begun calling themselves - decided that their only option was to leave the cradle of humanity for the great frontier in the heavens: Mars.

Arriving on the Red Planet, Amandara found a world splintering with tensions and animosity. Rather than the boundless prosperity and potential of an untapped world, the Illuminates faced a planet that was increasingly fractured between factions of loyalists and separatists. Although the drive towards self-sufficiency kept the powder keg on Mars in check for now, few looked upon the new arrivals fondly. The UN loyalists continued to enforce the government’s persecution of the group, spreading rumours and conspiracies of illegal experimentation and kidnappings by the Illuminates. Meanwhile, the Martians’ individualistic and desire for independence chafed with Amandara’s call for a sisterhood of humanity. To their ears, it just sounded like the same broken promises of a unified solar system under the UN banner.

In spite of this, the Illuminates continued to try and spread their philosophy among Martians and new colonists alike. While they never managed to integrate with the growing society of the Red Planet, their numbers did swell as they were joined by other individuals who had similarly chosen to go to the colonies to try and escape the encroaching hand of UN rule. Even if it wasn’t perfect, conditions on Mars were stable enough for Amandara to continue her work beyond Earth’s prying eyes. Eventually, she achieved her greatest accomplishment in the shadow of Olympus Mons. Knowing the risks of her trials, Amandara and her husband were the first to be implanted with her new experimental implant. When they awoke, they would be the first two humans to ever be able to truly feel each others’ emotions. They could feel each other’s presence when they reached out, as if they were both currents in an ocean of consciousness. Dr. Amandara Chadda had succeeded in creating the first ever iteration of the Unity.

At this stage, the Unity was still in its infancy. Plenty of work remained to be done to improve its capabilities, and users still needed highly invasive and risky surgery to obtain the necessary implants, while drugs and additional stimulants were required to help one connect to the network. But despite this, the Illuminates celebrated the results as vindication of their beliefs. Ecstatic at the success of her test, Amandara rushed to publish her results as she sought to spread the news to the rest of humanity. However, the reaction she received was a far cry from what she had been expecting.

Instead of embracing the revolutionary potential of her new technology, the wider public recoiled from it. Instead of shared understanding and union, most saw a twisted case of science having gone too far. Newscasts spoke of mind control and the eradication of individuality, while others questioned how the Illuminates could have possibly developed their implants while not violating the United Nations’ laws on human experimentation. Faced with the furious backlash, and having been identified by the UN as convenient scapegoats to draw the ire of Martian colonists, the Illuminates were hounded on the streets and chased out of their homes.

The crisis would culminate in tragedy. A group of Illuminates were facing off against a mob of protesters outside of their communal housing when Amandara’s husband tried to talk down both sides. Although the Mandate’s texts say that he appealed to a need for civility and calm, modern historians continue to disagree on exactly what happened next. Unfortunately, the bloody consequences were plain for the world to see. A gunshot rang out and struck Amandara’s husband in the chest, killing him instantly. After a moment of shock on both sides of the picket line, a second gunshot roiled across the protests as if to signify the beginning of the bloodshed as men and women fell upon each other. Dozens would be killed, Martians and Illuminates alike and the incident would only harden the wider populations’ opinions on the group.

Mourning the death of her husband, Amandara nevertheless found herself forced to deal with the crisis as it unfurled. Having been struck low by the hostile reaction to the success of all that she had been working towards, the Illuminate founder had withdrawn herself somewhat from the public eye. But with blood having been spilled, she came to realise that there had never truly been a place for her people in the new world or the old. That realisation led her to strengthen her convictions and she approached the leadership of the Illuminate with a new proposal. With the outer planets having just been opened to the prospect of colonisation, Amandara called upon her followers and their supporters to pool their resources to help fund their own private colony on Titan. With growing restlessness within the inner planets, the UN governorship on Mars even ended up supporting the initiative, deciding that it would at the very least be an easy way to get rid of one of their headaches.

And so, the Illuminates and the growing Unity would embark upon another voyage, this time far further and more difficult than their last. Whereas before they were seeking to simply find a home among a settled world, now they were casting themselves a drift to build a home of their own. The early days of the colony inevitably proved difficult, and many of the earliest colonists died either from starvation or a life support failure in their habitats. But through grit and a common determination, the Illuminate eventually managed to carve out a niche for themselves in the Saturn system. Although they had been the first colony on Titan, the growing outpost on Enceladus soon became a trading partner for goods and supplies, while other groups - both public and private - began to set up their own settlements on Titan as well. Now well and truly outside of the UN’s reach as a private colony, the Illuminates were able to further pursue their research and their society became a hotbed of scientific and technological development. Amandara herself would live long enough to see the colony stabilise and start to grow, but she would ultimately die fairly young due to complications from some of her earlier self-experimentation. But after her death, the Illuminate’s relative isolation from the rest of the solar system would come to a halt with perhaps the greatest geopolitical upheaval of the century.

With the start of the Independence Wars, fighting broke out on Titan between loyalist and separatist colonies, while corporations sought to secure their rights to some of the moon’s lucrative resources. Caught in the midst of the chaos and conflict, the Illuminate’s leadership decided that they had to either bring peace to Titan themselves, or wait helplessly until the war came to them. Reforming themselves as the Illuminated Mandate, the colony selected its first Emperor: Amandara’s fiery son, who quickly proved himself to be a brutally effective military commander. Having long been a proponent for involvement in the war, the new Emperor moved swiftly to strike at the other colonies. Unprepared for the additional opponent, and already weakened from fighting each other, the rest of Titan soon began to fall to the Mandate. The UN loyalists managed to hold out the longest, supplying themselves with logistical support from their homeworld until Mars’ stunning defeat of the UN navy left them isolated and forced to surrender.

Since then, the Mandate has integrated the colonies into a single, cohesive state. With the rich resources of Titan and Saturn at their disposal, and distance offering them protection from the inner planets’ machinations, the Mandate has developed largely peacefully - although they maintain a prominent military to defend their interests and independence. Titan has come to be renowned as a leader in scientific research and technology, with the export of patents and advanced devices coming to be a dominant industry within the moon’s economy. But faster-than-light travel was a development that eluded even the Mandate’s greatest scientists, until a message from Earth revealed its secrets to the System.

Culture:
Having largely been spared the animosity wrought from the independence wars of the 22nd century, the Mandate views the machinations of the inner worlds from its perch beyond the rings of Saturn. While distance has contributed to a certain aloofness towards the struggles of Earth and Mars, the Mandate’s culture is made even more insular due to the prominence of the Unity within its society. Among the cities of Titan and other Mandate outposts, Illuminates are surrounded by the comforting presence of those who share in their faith. The benefits of population density within the Unity have led to little appetite for Illuminates to migrate offworld, except when doing so is in the name of the greater good. Similarly, the strange, uniform rigidity of Mandate society can deter outsiders who have already not been indoctrinated within the Unity. All of this has led to the Mandate being a largely homogenous society, with sparse representation of its citizens abroad and fewer direct connections with the other human societies of the system.

Within Mandate society, it is believed that everyone has a place within the Unity and a responsibility to contribute to the Greater Good. Pursuing this philosophy with an almost religious zeal, the Mandate is essentially a modern theocracy with the Priesthood taking on a prominent role within society. The priests themselves are individuals who have displayed a natural talent to guide and calm the often turbulent currents of the Unity, serving in essence as caretakers to the empathic network that forms the bedrock of the Mandate. Although this enables the Priesthood to wield significant influence, direct political power is largely held within the hands of the nobility. Often descended from some of Amandara’s original followers, those of noble bloodlines are especially bright and prominent within the Unity and are therefore considered worthy shepherds by the Illuminate. As such, marriage ties and blood relations are viewed as powerful tools within the Mandate’s internal politics as the nobility jostle for power among themselves. Between the Priesthood and the Nobility, the Emperor and the Imperial dynasty serves as a bridge. Considered to be both the ultimate political and spiritual power within the Mandate, the Emperor is the linchpin of Titan’s autocratic regime.

Although the demographics of Titan have shifted dramatically since the initial founders of the Mandate first arrived, remnants of their culture from the Indian subcontinent remain. Anthropologists have also connected the prevalence of some East Asian traditions within the Mandate to its unification of the numerous colonies of Titan during the turbulent independence wars.

Military Population (no more than 5%): 8 million Active Duty, 22 million Reservists/Paramilitary/Non-uniformed
Fleet Size: 400
Military Info:
After its conquest of Titan, the Mandate never truly stood down its military. With the Cold War between the Inner Planets heating up and threatening to spill out beyond the Belt, a renewed focus on securing the safety and independence of the Unity was solidified in the Mandate’s policies. As a deterrent, the Mandate maintains a large trained force of reservists from its pool of conscripted citizens, although the pride of its military are the Imperial Navy and its force of active-duty Marines. The responsibility to keep these reservists trained and ready for potential warfare falls mostly to their local representatives in the nobility, although many of the more prominent families maintain their own small, more professional units as well.

Although Mandate doctrine calls for an elite cadre of soldiers, it is Titan’s advanced technologies that could truly give them an edge in potential conflicts. With little fear of genetic or cybernetic enhancements, the Mandate readily uses such methods to enhance their active duty soldiers while their warships are easily recognisable for their sleek and elegant designs. With the Navy itself forming the bedrock of Titan’s military strength, their vessels have become known for the care and deliberation that goes into every aspect of their design, and some commentators have called them flying Cathedrals for their more ornate elements.

#Railgun250
Last edited by Bentus on Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:31 pm

NS Name: Northern Poland
Nation/Organization Name: Federal Republic of Vesta
Flag :

Claim : Vesta
Capitol/Base of Operations: Vesta Prime
Main Industries: Mining, Alloy Foundries, Gas Refining, and shipbuilding.
History:
After the final belt insurgencies, liberating them from outside control, they were finally free. Utilizing stocks leftover from occupying armies and the rebels, they suppressed extremist groups promoting ideals ranging from Communism to Neo-Nazism. They established a Federal Republic, a small one, to be sure, but functioning and working one. They expanded the underground Hab-blocks and invested money into refining the education system and improving the quality of life in the area. Orbital shipyards had been in construction for decades and were nearly finished when most of the crews evacuated due to the civil war. These companies were invited back to finish the work, and to bring the shipyards to life.

After the Republic launched its first fleet of home-built ships, the shipyards became one of the local suppliers for mercenaries, corporations, and the like. Companies became aware of the little rock and began to invest in it's growing industrial sector, along with its agricultural sector. Vesta soon became a small trading hub between the outer and inner planets, making it sort of a gas station before you got to place B.
Culture: Its culture is dominated by the mostly Commonwealth original settlers, but a large population of African, and later Asian, settlers. This has created a mixing pot of cultures, religions, and customs. However, most of the population in recent centuries, have embraced Atheism, leaving most religions in the dust. Most people speak English, with some Chinese, and native African languages in the mix as well.

Fusion reactors were built in the deepest levels of the rock they dwelled on, atop it in order, industrial plants, 3rd class Hab-blocks, the agri-levels, 2nd class Hab-blocks, recreation areas, shopping blocks, administration blocks, first-class hab-blocks, military block, commercial block. Mixed in with water purification plants, med bays. schools, and the like. Industrial and energy sectors are populated with automatons, supplemented by human bosses and engineers.
Military Population :
The Republic Maintains a Semi-professional military, with 43,000 in active service, with an additional 63,600 in reserve or gendarme roles.
Fleet Size:
Vesta Coast Guard
5 Armageddon Class Cruisers
6 Dauntless Class Escort Carrier
15 Razorback Class Destoyers
19 Hood Class Frigates
31 Fortune Class Corvettes

Military Info:The forces of Vesta are geared towards a defensive footing, with most soldiers spending their time guarding things, supressing gangs, and defedning stations. Vestan ships are similarly made, with defense in mind, as they aren't named "Naval Forces" for a reason. Vesta's military is relatively small, limiting it's capacity to wage offensive warfare.
The coast guard employs hundreds of fighters, along with transports, landing vessels, refueling ships, bombers, and dropships.

The Ground forces maintain a relative number oftanks and APCs, along with a complement of Wheeled Vehicles. They have a Relatively modern kit for Volunteers, with a more basic kit for conscripts and gendarme units.
#Railgun250

And done!

Edit: Any criticism/suggestions? Also, removed () items.
Last edited by Northern Poland on Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Arkeyana
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Arkeyana » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:50 pm

NS Name: Arkeyana
Nation/Organization Name: The Oort Cyberocracy
Flag (Spoiler Images):
Description: A white ring of dots on a black background
Claim (Pick an empty one from the Roster): Assorted Oort Cloud asteroids and stations
Capitol/Base of Operations: Sedna Station
Main Industries: Ice Mining, Research, Station-Leasing
History (Keep Timeline in mind):
During the age of the Solar System's cold war, a group rose from the tensions that were fearful that the affairs of the inner planets would escalate into all out warfare, irreparably damaging human civilization. A private fleet, crewed and inhabited by everyone from various Sub-Sapient AIs all the way up to various scientists, set out to the Oort Cloud to hopefully avoid conflict.

As time went past, this fleet faded from the public view, although the various governments of the system kept an eye on the faint signals originating from the Oort Cloud. Eventually, contact was established. An entity that claimed to be Professor Jardin Kuiper, one of the founders of the original fleet, had sent out a signal detailing what the civilization, now calling itself the Oort Cyberocracy, had been up to.

As it would turn out, massive advances in the fields of laser technology and robotics had occurred, allowing for the creation of a large network of "beam-rails" between stations, permitting the rather small population to encompass a far larger volume of space. Robotics had improved to a point where many members of the Cyberocracy had become Transhumans, utilizing their advanced augments to more easily survive in the environment of Space, and robots themselves, while not sentient, maintained vast machinations nonetheless with their intelligence.

Over time, the Cyberocracy opened up to the rest of the Solar System, and many governments found them more than willing to lease some of their fringe stations as black sites for classified testing. With the FTL incident fresh in their minds, the Cyberocracy now seeks to not only increase its numbers but also serve as a stepping stone out into the great beyond.
Culture:
The people of the Cyberocracy have become infatuated with the ideals of Scientific Progress and Transhumanism, believing that the secret to advancing towards the next stage of evolution lies within extensive augmentation of the Self, something most likely contested by other powers within the system.
This has also resulted in an attitude towards the non-enhanced somewhat akin to condescension, making working with a Cybercrat a tiring process, but nonetheless making them a valuable asset in many situations related to scientific and sometimes even military affairs.
Military Population (no more than 5%): 1,700 Cybercrats, heavily augmented by AI
Fleet Size:
INWARD FLEET:
3x Command Ships
40x Line-Ships
10x Carriers
5x Artillery Ships

BEAMRIDER FLEET:
4x Command Ships
30x Line-Ships
15x Carriers
3x Artillery Ships

SEDNA DEFENCE FLEET:
1x Command Ship
50x Line-Ships
20x Carriers
10x Artillery Ships
Military Info:
The Cyberocracy's military can be described much like everything else it does: Cold, Efficient, and Brutal. In space, there are four classes of warship: Command Ships, which are the only truly manned ships and oversee fleet actions, akin to other nation's battleships or other such capital vessels. Line-Ships, akin to a Battlecruiser in terms of speed, armor, and firepower. Carriers, which command vast arrays of gunships, missiles, and other units. And finally, Artillery Ships, immense Railcannons wrapped in structural support and given copious ECM capabilities in order to avoid damage.

On the Ground, the Cyberocracy makes use of its knowledge in Robotics, employing both rugged, reliable Warbots and elite, devastating Cyborg units, however, it is more suited to fighting battles on stations and the generally vacuum-filled cold wastelands of the Oort Cloud.

#Railgun250

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:52 pm

Bentus wrote:-snip-

Pretty much finished with the app, I think. Mostly just the military section left, but I'm honestly not intending to put as much effort into it and could honestly use input on what would be "balanced" for the faction.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:56 pm

Someone took Triton away from me...

Can I have Pluto and Charon both if I can't have the moon back?
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:58 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Someone took Triton away from me...

I'm sorry for your loss.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:59 pm

Northern Poland wrote:
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Someone took Triton away from me...

I'm sorry for your loss.

Its a maybe for now, as the app's a bit... Lacking.

egg

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:00 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:
Northern Poland wrote:I'm sorry for your loss.

Its a maybe for now, as the app's a bit... Lacking.

I agree the app seems to be rather barebones.
Last edited by Northern Poland on Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:00 pm

Northern Poland wrote:
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Its a maybe for now, as the app's a bit... Lacking.

I agree, the app seems to be rather barebones.

Fuck it, dispute time.

egg

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse