NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations (2nd Era, OOC, Always Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should we carry on - ( comment what you voted after voting, THIS IS MANDATORY )

Poll ended at Mon May 11, 2020 5:40 am

1. Carry on in the year 2975
68%
2. Skip to the year 2970
14%
3. Skip to the year 2945
18%

Total votes : 22

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:27 pm

Joohan wrote:
Plzen wrote:Ah, so we're just moving to a new era. The particular wording you used earlier implied that we'd be moving to a new iteration of this RP - that is to say, starting over. This makes a lot more sense, given how alive this iteration still is.

Giving it several months just to start a new era sounds somewhat excessive to me, though... that's a long time to let everyone lose track of their story plots and burn off interest.

OOC things have been picking up since I announced the break. However, in regards to the actual IC, the most recent post G last night ( still haven't read ), and before that it was quiet.

As it stand's currently, it will simply turn over into a new era. In regards to my usage of the word, iteration, it meant to imply that I am open to some radical changes in the operation of the game.

'course, personally, that's because I was moving halfway across the country. I think it is important to remember that New Civs generically proceeds at the rate people find inspiration, being largely a solo RP, due to the scales of distance and the speed of communication involved in this era. A few posts a week is actually a pretty good rate for such a RP, most people managing one or two in that timeframe; frenetic posting is the exception, not the rule.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:47 pm

Lucja wrote:
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:I’d throw practicality to the wind and take something that reminded me of home. Maybe a stuffed animal or a bracelet.

This is extremely wholesome.

It is incredibly healthy as a person treated like a god to be reminded that you were once human.
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:42 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:
Lucja wrote:

It is incredibly healthy as a person treated like a god to be reminded that you were once human.

But then how do you squeeze in the 'go mad with megalomania' arc?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:56 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

Ah - well you see... it's a special thing I call Subverting a trope

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:13 pm

Ah - well you see... it's a special thing I call Subverting a trope

You mean - writing without tropes? That way lies insanity. I'm not sure this is a wise course.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:23 pm

Hopefully, should have a new arc where Victor Spear has a little of his madness taken away from him, the death of Penelope. A national death ceremony, etc.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:30 pm

posted!

Lucja
Attaché

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucja » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:50 pm

Lucja wrote:

All of these people thinking they ought to be gods or kings because they fell out of the sky without any clothes on.

Cyprian Norwid wrote:Ogromne wojska, bitne generały,
Policje - tajne, widne i dwu-płciowe -
Przeciwko komuż tak się pojednały?
- Przeciwko kilku myślom... co nienowe!

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:01 pm

Lucja wrote:

All of these people thinking they ought to be gods or kings because they fell out of the sky without any clothes on.

Nothing truer ever said

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:01 pm

I thought we were not supposed to post in the IC any more.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:25 pm

Cainesland wrote:I thought we were not supposed to post in the IC any more.

Offhand, I think we’re wrapping up. I know I’m just tying up some loose ends of narrative trajectory.

Speaking of which, the Single Market, would it have a fort or two on the Lower Danube in the Tribal Alliance?

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:31 pm

Just curious is it possible to have military cross training with Crimea. We are interested in the insignia and ranking system.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:43 pm

Cainesland wrote:I thought we were not supposed to post in the IC any more.

Offhand, I think we’re wrapping up. I know I’m just tying up some loose ends of narrative trajectory.

Speaking of which, the Single Market, would it have a fort or two on the Lower Danube in the Tribal Alliance?

I'll give it another week or two till we close up shop for the hiatus.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:05 pm

There is more I could post, but I think it would create more loose ties. So I am holding off.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:40 pm

I’ve found it!!!! when I originally applied I couldn’t find a theme song that spoke to Olivia- I have it now. John Lennon’s “imagine”

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:37 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:Just curious is it possible to have military cross training with Crimea. We are interested in the insignia and ranking system.

That sounds interesting, maybe we can do something like that. The cadets training with your training units.

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:55 pm

Sorry if I'm barging in.
I read the past few posts and I heard that the IC is going on hiatus for a while. When will it come back? I find this quite interesting, but I don't want to start RPing in the middle of my exams.
johnathan

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:32 pm

Twicetagram and JYPE wrote:Sorry if I'm barging in.
I read the past few posts and I heard that the IC is going on hiatus for a while. When will it come back? I find this quite interesting, but I don't want to start RPing in the middle of my exams.

It sounds like we are wrapping up over the next one or two weeks then closing up before opening again in September or December.

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:39 pm

Cainesland wrote:

It sounds like we are wrapping up over the next one or two weeks then closing up before opening again in September or December.

Cool I should be free by then. Can't wait for the next era
johnathan

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:02 am

Cainesland wrote:

I thought we’d pick this up again by august and after a big time skip.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:23 am

I am thinking of making a post dealing with more ships from the commonwealth who settle around the single market, and one dealing with a military alliance of Market members that involves training for each regions militia or guards.
Last edited by Cainesland on Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:22 am

Cainesland wrote:I am thinking of making a post dealing with more ships from the commonwealth who settle around the single market, and one dealing with a military alliance of Market members that involves training for each regions militia or guards.

Well, it is important to keep in mind that there isn't really a riparian route from the Commonwealth to the Single Market yet - that route relied on a canal not delved for a few thousand years. Any Commonwealth ships making the trip, as such, will be small due to having been portaged across a considerable distance.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:17 am

Cainesland wrote:I am thinking of making a post dealing with more ships from the commonwealth who settle around the single market, and one dealing with a military alliance of Market members that involves training for each regions militia or guards.

Well, it is important to keep in mind that there isn't really a riparian route from the Commonwealth to the Single Market yet - that route relied on a canal not delved for a few thousand years. Any Commonwealth ships making the trip, as such, will be small due to having been portaged across a considerable distance.

Ok. Thank you. Would they have been able to take the Volga? Pending that route they would need to go through Russia and Ruperts land before the single market and would probably take awhile so while a better route may not be as practical for long distance travel either.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/76/Volgarivermap.png/300px-Volgarivermap.png

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:19 am

I would say that also, the portages would exist as long beds of logs where the ships were pulled by ropes to move them, allowing for slightly larger ships. Either that or wagons to carry smaller ships along the trail back to the river. It has been about a dozen years since the merchants have used river routes as an alternative to the Vistula, so there would be some traffic up and down the river. Also, the Black Horse and the Red Horse proto Eurasian Nomads would probably want something to go through their lands. The Eurasian steppe nomads had domesticated small horses by 3500 b.c. The usual payment was two things they could not produce cloth and grain. This is just a thought.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:53 pm

Thank you all for the update, so in the IC closed or just keeping things steady till we can restart?
Last edited by Kelmet on Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse