NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations (2nd Era, OOC, Always Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should we carry on - ( comment what you voted after voting, THIS IS MANDATORY )

Poll ended at Mon May 11, 2020 5:40 am

1. Carry on in the year 2975
68%
2. Skip to the year 2970
14%
3. Skip to the year 2945
18%

Total votes : 22

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:38 pm

Endem wrote:
Joohan wrote:
No one's work or their history is going to be scrapped.

By the way, when is the next time skip, because I'm waiting for it to have my new character land

We are having a break for a while. The second Era is going to end here ( exempting perhaps a few last finishing up posts by authors ) and New Civilizations will be taking a hiatus for a few months before coming back, revamped in the Third Era.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:07 pm

Joohan wrote:
Endem wrote:By the way, when is the next time skip, because I'm waiting for it to have my new character land

We are having a break for a while. The second Era is going to end here ( exempting perhaps a few last finishing up posts by authors ) and New Civilizations will be taking a hiatus for a few months before coming back, revamped in the Third Era.

Damn
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:55 pm

Did a a little editing on the New History. I know you have asked us not to use real life stuff, but I would like to include a section on background material books and other things which I have used for the Nestos League. Any thoughts.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:09 pm

Hey guys, Back again hopefully for good. :)

If anyone could give me a quick update to what has happened the past month or so I would be grateful.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:32 pm

Kelmet wrote:Hey guys, Back again hopefully for good. :)

If anyone could give me a quick update to what has happened the past month or so I would be grateful.

We are taking a few months off, so we will see where things are probably between September and December. The commonwealth started breaking down and some started migrating to the single market, Nestos continued producing books, the imperium started invading Poland, and Sumer had plans to send merchants to the single market but now Ralnis will probably move to Northern India.
Last edited by Cainesland on Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:33 pm

Kelmet wrote:Hey guys, Back again hopefully for good. :)

Uhhh seems like johan shut things down and is gonna start the game again in December after a full whipe and reset?
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:02 am

Joohan wrote:[...] and New Civilizations will be taking a hiatus for a few months before coming back, revamped in the Third Era.

Ah, so we're just moving to a new era. The particular wording you used earlier implied that we'd be moving to a new iteration of this RP - that is to say, starting over. This makes a lot more sense, given how alive this iteration still is.

Giving it several months just to start a new era sounds somewhat excessive to me, though... that's a long time to let everyone lose track of their story plots and burn off interest.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:11 am

Plzen wrote:
Joohan wrote:[...] and New Civilizations will be taking a hiatus for a few months before coming back, revamped in the Third Era.

Ah, so we're just moving to a new era. The particular wording you used earlier implied that we'd be moving to a new iteration of this RP - that is to say, starting over. This makes a lot more sense, given how alive this iteration still is.

Giving it several months just to start a new era sounds somewhat excessive to me, though... that's a long time to let everyone lose track of their story plots and burn off interest.

If you’re right - and perhaps I’m just confused with word choice - then I utterly agree.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:40 am

How much time is there between the new era and our current state. Just being curious. Want to map the progress between.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:29 am

Just a quick, unrelated brainstorming question - if you could take one object back with you to the past in a New Civilisations scenario, what would it be?

The limitation is that it has to be something you’ve carried, either in hand or in pocket, at some point in the last two weeks.

I'm also wondering whether this makes the scenario more or less interesting.
Last edited by Plzen on Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:05 am

Plzen wrote:Just a quick, unrelated brainstorming question - if you could take one object back with you to the past in a New Civilisations scenario, what would it be?

The limitation is that it has to be something you’ve carried, either in hand or in pocket, at some point in the last two weeks.

It makes it less interesting in some ways. For example, I could say bring a laptop back, a multitool, a knife with a hollow handle with a variety of survival tools inside it, a book on the history of technology, a book on the history of science, a tablet with a solar charger-- this could have several hundred books on it. It could be unbalanced.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:08 am

UniversalCommons wrote:It makes it less interesting in some ways. For example, I could say bring a laptop back, a multitool, a knife with a hollow handle with a variety of survival tools inside it, a book on the history of technology, a book on the history of science, a tablet with a solar charger-- this could have several hundred books on it. It could be unbalanced.

That's not "one object", though, and if you honestly carry that kind of load in your pockets you must have some very strange tastes in attire.

The most sophisticated piece of digital technology I've seen with a built-in solar charger is a scientific calculator, which, while powerful, wouldn't exactly be a huge gamechanger.
Last edited by Plzen on Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:09 am

Plzen wrote:Just a quick, unrelated brainstorming question - if you could take one object back with you to the past in a New Civilisations scenario, what would it be?

Would make it less interesting as there probably would be that someone who just happened to had the blueprints for everything needed to jumpstart his ( or her ) civilization
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:48 am

We did try a vaguely similar scenario to that, with the era being changed to Rome, and the people returning from 2100 AD. It got very amusing very quickly. Someone gave an AK-47 to the Romans.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:52 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:We did try a vaguely similar scenario to that, with the era being changed to Rome, and the people returning from 2100 AD. It got very amusing very quickly. Someone gave an AK-47 to the Romans.

To be honest, if it was fully realistic than a lot of modern technology wouldn't really be all that useful because products nowadays are made with an interconnected world in mind. Few useful things stay useful for very long without constant support from the material civilisation around it - what use is a rifle once you run out of ammunition to feed it?

But then again, if things were fully realistic than none of us have very good odds of surviving if dropped as strangers in a pre-industrialisation world, so I'm just going to give one big "eh" for realism. :p
Last edited by Plzen on Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

Lucja
Attaché

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucja » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:48 am

Not very exciting choices but either a fire striker (to make the process much more easier) or a book because I become bored extremely easily without anything in front of me to read. Neither me nor Alice are going to be able to do something like produce firearm even if we had a blueprInt.
Cyprian Norwid wrote:Ogromne wojska, bitne generały,
Policje - tajne, widne i dwu-płciowe -
Przeciwko komuż tak się pojednały?
- Przeciwko kilku myślom... co nienowe!

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:59 am

I’d throw practicality to the wind and take something that reminded me of home. Maybe a stuffed animal or a bracelet.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:03 am

Plzen wrote:

OOC things have been picking up since I announced the break. However, in regards to the actual IC, the most recent post G last night ( still haven't read ), and before that it was quiet.

As it stand's currently, it will simply turn over into a new era. In regards to my usage of the word, iteration, it meant to imply that I am open to some radical changes in the operation of the game.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:05 am

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:I’d throw practicality to the wind and take something that reminded me of home. Maybe a stuffed animal or a bracelet.

The funny thing is that I was moving house a week ago, so I literally have handled my copy of The Knowledge within that timeframe.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:11 am

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:I’d throw practicality to the wind and take something that reminded me of home. Maybe a stuffed animal or a bracelet.

...and this is why you're my favourite person here. XD

Unfortunately, I don't really own anything that holds great symbolic value in my heart... I have some fond memories invested in my 2017 Debate Club booklet, but that's... well... yeah. That sort of stuff is about as sentimental as my material culture gets.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:20 am

Plzen wrote:

...and this is why you're my favourite person here. XD

Unfortunately, I don't really own anything that holds great symbolic value in my heart... I have some fond memories invested in my 2017 Debate Club booklet, but that's... well... yeah. That sort of stuff is about as sentimental as my material culture gets.

I have a nasty sweat grass and dirt ridden piece of engineer tape that I turned into a headband. It has the word FORGE!! written on it in both English and Chinese. I found it in my equipment while in Basic, must have been from an earlier group than us. The word FORGE!! was already written on it, but then my buddy ( a chinese national named Dong, and an absolute Lad ) wrote FORGE in Chinese next to it.

For context, the Forge is the last major training event you have to pass in Basic Training before you graduate: four days and nights of long marches, grueling obstacle courses, getting shot at, and not pooping. Every time I put my helmet on, I'd have the handband on underneath.
Last edited by Joohan on Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:02 pm

There is a book I have been meaning to read, Primitive Technology: A Survivalist's Guide by John Plant. He is the dude who does all the videos on how to make primitive things. It would be a good starter for starting in a place far from the big central civilizations. The Foxfire Books would be beyond useful if you were thrown into the past.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:21 pm

Joohan wrote:
Plzen wrote:Ah, so we're just moving to a new era. The particular wording you used earlier implied that we'd be moving to a new iteration of this RP - that is to say, starting over. This makes a lot more sense, given how alive this iteration still is.

OOC things have been picking up since I announced the break. However, in regards to the actual IC, the most recent post G last night ( still haven't read ), and before that it was quiet.

As it stand's currently, it will simply turn over into a new era. In regards to my usage of the word, iteration, it meant to imply that I am open to some radical changes in the operation of the game.

oi! I had posted just last week!

Lucja
Attaché

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucja » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:22 pm

This is extremely wholesome.
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:
Joohan wrote:

oi! I had posted just last week!

I would post more in the IC but at the moment I'm not entirely sure what direction I will take my character's personal arc.
Cyprian Norwid wrote:Ogromne wojska, bitne generały,
Policje - tajne, widne i dwu-płciowe -
Przeciwko komuż tak się pojednały?
- Przeciwko kilku myślom... co nienowe!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse