NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations (2nd Era, OOC, Always Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should we carry on - ( comment what you voted after voting, THIS IS MANDATORY )

Poll ended at Mon May 11, 2020 5:40 am

1. Carry on in the year 2975
68%
2. Skip to the year 2970
14%
3. Skip to the year 2945
18%

Total votes : 22

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon May 04, 2020 10:43 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Don't mind the highway paved with bodies behind us.

Highway of bodies is capitalist lies, my Soviet comrade :p

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Mon May 04, 2020 10:44 am

Joohan wrote:
Orostan wrote:The People's Government of China is developing basic iron industry and irrigation systems as well as maritime travel. I'm also going to be making public education a thing soon and turning the constitution from a rough outline of the state into an actual legal foundation for the government as well as starting the construction of a big government center that will take more than a year to complete.

In the RP time I've been using winter is starting right now so I will also probably be trying to develop a heating system for a few warehouses I might turn into communal kitchens as well.

Why keep the name china?

I'm inventing the concept of China, and I will try to make it a bit bigger than real China. The name China is going to be synonymous with industrialization and the economic model I'll be using as well as the culture. China will be more of a political concept than a place. Any territory that I control will be China, just the same as we would call any territory the USA controls the USA.

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Egomania is a great reason for doing things

nods

Drag humanity kicking and screaming into a better world. Don't mind the highway paved with bodies behind us.

i'll have you know they're aristocrat bodies, and therefore not human!
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 04, 2020 10:45 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Don't mind the highway paved with bodies behind us.

Highway of bodies is capitalist lies, my Soviet comrade :p

Besides, they're mostly the bodies of those who aren't us, so barely worth concerning ourselves with. A highway paved with the bodies of Norse brigands is scarcely deserving of mention.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Mon May 04, 2020 10:50 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Well, duh. Drag humanity kicking and screaming into a better world. Don't mind the highway paved with bodies behind us.

lmfaooo jeeesus, fair enough I suppose. I just don't see the point when it repeats most of the mistakes (not even like, moral mistakes, but just straight up "reasons empires don't last for all that long on societal timescales"). I know it's what y'all like writing though so I hella get it.
yee haw it's time for mass line

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Mon May 04, 2020 10:54 am

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Imagine being averse to violence, couldn’t be me.

Which is a hell of a tale considering IRL I’m very averse to state organized violence due to my religious leanings, but I can readily see me put that on the back burner without a few things, that being my support Community, my family, etc.

Absofuckinglutely I get that. However I think what drew the line was the distinction between imposing violence on those not directly threatening you and self defense. I've had long philosophical discord chats with g on if expansionism and exploitation in our authors shoes are justified, and every time I keep falling back to - that even forcing neighboring villages to tributary states is unjustified - even if they would materially improve because of it. But then again the pressures of her society force her to a, make exceptions to the rule, and b, become needlessly cruel when she CAN justify it - such as killing wounded enemies who came to raid her town.

Problem is, and this is probably a fault of mine, I have no problem with expansionist tendencies. I view it as natural in State building, and combine this with my American Settler context, the idea of using force to integrate others isn’t an invalid position, especially considering a more primal “The best defense is a potent offense” line. Ofc this has boundaries, and I’m nothing like the mad lads in Israel, just wanking off virtue onto everyone. My expansionism is far more carrot and stick, with a mixture of religion and cultural solidarity.

Either way, by the end of this, Andrew is fitting to be an Ethiopian Nationalist.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 04, 2020 10:56 am

Reatra wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Well, duh. Drag humanity kicking and screaming into a better world. Don't mind the highway paved with bodies behind us.

lmfaooo jeeesus, fair enough I suppose. I just don't see the point when it repeats most of the mistakes (not even like, moral mistakes, but just straight up "reasons empires don't last for all that long on societal timescales"). I know it's what y'all like writing though so I hella get it.

You mean, embracing the reasons monarchies are by far the most durable political systems yet discovered? :P

Don't confuse your pinko rhetoric for reality.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Mon May 04, 2020 10:58 am

Lord Dominator wrote:Highway of bodies is capitalist lies, my Soviet comrade :p

Besides, they're mostly the bodies of those who aren't us, so barely worth concerning ourselves with. A highway paved with the bodies of Norse brigands is scarcely deserving of mention.

When we drag bodies, it’s the bodies of corporatists, and by corporatists, I mean (((them))), and by them, I mean Summarians. Ngl I feel like a sense of identity builds when Aksumites realize some brown lady is going to be their future Empress, and she doesn’t love Jesus as much as she should, and she probably looks down on them. At least in Aksum.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016

Postby Orostan » Mon May 04, 2020 10:59 am

Reatra wrote:

I think a lot of the author states, especially the Imperium and commonwealth as I understand them, are not really equipped to last for a long time without authors running them. Neither have truly stable economic or political relationships and as soon as the authors disappear the states will begin degenerating without a real reason to exist the way they do now.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Mon May 04, 2020 11:00 am

Reatra wrote:

You mean, embracing the reasons monarchies are by far the most durable political systems yet discovered? :P

not for the kind of society most authors seem to be gunning for!

and "pinko"! I'm offended, I'm a whole red... o... :lol2:

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Mon May 04, 2020 11:01 am

Orostan wrote:
Reatra wrote:

I think a lot of the author states, especially the Imperium and commonwealth as I understand them, are not really equipped to last for a long time without authors running them. Neither have truly stable economic or political relationships and as soon as the authors disappear the states will begin degenerating without a real reason to exist the way they do now.

We'll see. It's only been a generation after all.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012

Postby Kelmet » Mon May 04, 2020 11:05 am

I agree with G-tech.

No time skip.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon May 04, 2020 11:23 am

If there is a generation, then Sumeria will be mostly feeling a very, very bloodied burn. This back and forth civil war has brought the people to their knees, no matter how much technology they made between industry or military. A united Sumeria will be a tired one, one that such tiredness will bring forth a much needed unity and centralization as they throw out their shitty model of government and make a more centralized one with a lot of oversight.

They would become a true empire at this time, the Second head of the Holy Dynasty and First Empress focusing on her people and importing Nestos tech and invest on heavy industrialization and education for the masses. Reforms to encourage population growth, stimulus spending for improving trade and infrastructure. Setting themselves back on top in the economic world while making contact with Indian states and tribes to economy buy them out to send resources to increase Sumerian economic power.

Help their vassal grow more and try to establish themselves more in the Red Sea, exploring the coast with new, non oar ships and maybe some actual steel that they can make to send on their way. The Industrial revolution of water would be something that is made but also start having the Sumerian rulership eye Elam finally and then seek to conquer them in the Iron War.

The Sumerians will win but at heavy expense, Elamites being much more dangerous than Urukians and feeding off of trade from Sumer and Nestos had made them near equals in technology. So that's something to work with as the Sumerian companies and merchants start exploiting their lifetime rival for all the coal, iron, stone and oil they have.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon May 04, 2020 11:39 am

Reatra wrote:

We should build some kind of political bloc of left leaning nations... hmmmm...
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon May 04, 2020 11:46 am

Reatra wrote:

Well, national olitics in general is a pretty new thing - let alone anything like ideology. I would think that real ideology only really exists in Hanajima, the Commonwealth, Nestos, and Icedonia at the moment - with it beginning to bud in Aksum
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon May 04, 2020 11:47 am

Joohan wrote:

Well, national olitics in general is a pretty new thing - let alone anything like ideology. I would think that real ideology only really exists in Hanajima, the Commonwealth, Nestos, and Icedonia at the moment - with it beginning to bud in Aksum

Sumeria's civil was obviously not over ideology and over religion and dick waving.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon May 04, 2020 11:54 am

Ralnis wrote:
Joohan wrote:

Sumeria's civil was obviously not over ideology and over religion and dick waving.

The most noble of reasons
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon May 04, 2020 11:55 am

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:We should build some kind of political bloc of left leaning nations... hmmmm...

I don’t think the nations on the “left” here have all that much in common with each other, to be honest. Left-right distinctions very much exists in the context of our time, which is not the context of New Civilisations.
Last edited by Plzen on Mon May 04, 2020 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 04, 2020 11:57 am

Ralnis wrote:
Joohan wrote:

Also definitely not over political self-determination and historical rivalries :P

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon May 04, 2020 11:58 am

Plzen wrote:I voted short time skip.

Well, my original idea for Clara and the Commonwealth was a clash between industrial ideals and an early agrarian society. People of the Neolithic re-interpreting Clara’s idea of progress to suit their Neolithic outlook and the incompatibilities that causes. Clara trying to slowly drag the Commonwealth into a modern parliamentary democracy, having to fight the very nature of the society she leads every painful stop of the way as the country violently lurches this way and that as many nascent democracies did and even in the 21st Century still do.

I didn’t really expect foreign intervention; Viktor’s Imperium is forcing me to spend far more of my IC posts on military development, technological advancement, and territorial expansion than I ever really intended to.

So, I take it since the Commonwealth is falling apart, this is the perfect opportunity to establish relations with the Imperium and vie for Swedish independence.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon May 04, 2020 12:00 pm

Ralnis wrote:Sumeria's civil was obviously not over ideology and over religion and dick waving.

Also definitely not over political self-determination and historical rivalries :P

Obviously. :p

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Mon May 04, 2020 12:20 pm

Reatra wrote:

Yeah left-right wing terms only really makes sense in the context of post-French Revolution capitalism. Creating a democratic confederation by linking together various villages and developing infrastructure is more... skipping that era completely. But at the same time it's the least anachronistic path because it's just an extension of already existing relations.
Last edited by Reatra on Mon May 04, 2020 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon May 04, 2020 12:23 pm

Reatra wrote:

Yeah left-right wing terms only really makes sense in the context of post-French Revolution capitalism. Creating a democratic confederation by linking together various villages and developing infrastructure is more... skipping that era completely.

With the rate G is spreading classical liberal capitalism and imperialism - it might be sooner than you think
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon May 04, 2020 12:25 pm

Reatra wrote:
Yeah left-right wing terms only really makes sense in the context of post-French Revolution capitalism. Creating a democratic confederation by linking together various villages and developing infrastructure is more... skipping that era completely.

With the rate G is spreading classical liberal capitalism and imperialism - it might be sooner than you think

Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary but competition for limited resources remains a constant. Need as well as greed has followed us between the stars and the rewards of wealth still await those wise enough to recognize this deep thrumming of our common pulse.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon May 04, 2020 12:28 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary but competition for limited resources remains a constant. Need as well as greed has followed us between the stars and the rewards of wealth still await those wise enough to recognize this deep thrumming of our common pulse.

Alpha Centauri?

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Mon May 04, 2020 12:32 pm

Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary but competition for limited resources remains a constant. Need as well as greed has followed us between the stars and the rewards of wealth still await those wise enough to recognize this deep thrumming of our common pulse.

wow so the Imperium is anachronistic and social darwinist? wild.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse