NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations (2nd Era, OOC, Always Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should we carry on - ( comment what you voted after voting, THIS IS MANDATORY )

Poll ended at Mon May 11, 2020 5:40 am

1. Carry on in the year 2975
68%
2. Skip to the year 2970
14%
3. Skip to the year 2945
18%

Total votes : 22

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:42 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:If you can make water power, you can also probably start on wind power, either we steal it from going into the fields of the Imperium, there is mention of a wind mill pumping water earlier, or we make one by cutting a barrel in half and attaching it to a pole with an axle (bicycle wheel) at the bottom, a savonius wind turbine. Cheap, reliable, easy to make, and a bit inefficient at first. It is something which is at my level. A wind and water powered civilization.

A pelton turbine would be beyond my ability. The pelton turbine can be more efficient than the steam engine for industrial production. I would imagine it as spoons on a wheel.

Oh there are windmills in the Imperium, certainly - but really only in the industrialized heartland. Venturing that far north will definitely draw eyes.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:46 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
UniversalCommons wrote:If you can make water power, you can also probably start on wind power, either we steal it from going into the fields of the Imperium, there is mention of a wind mill pumping water earlier, or we make one by cutting a barrel in half and attaching it to a pole with an axle (bicycle wheel) at the bottom, a savonius wind turbine. Cheap, reliable, easy to make, and a bit inefficient at first. It is something which is at my level. A wind and water powered civilization.

A pelton turbine would be beyond my ability. The pelton turbine can be more efficient than the steam engine for industrial production. I would imagine it as spoons on a wheel. Spoons on a wheel would be less efficient than the split cups of the pelton turbine, but might be possible.

Oh there are windmills in the Imperium, certainly - but really only in the industrialized heartland. Venturing that far north will definitely draw eyes.

Just as a curiosity. We are at the end of Hungary and about to enter Austria. Will we run into bigger cities yet. I don't think the Danube is the heartland??? Right now, we would probably stick to the river until we got to the end?
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:16 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:

Just as a curiosity. We are at the end of Hungary and about to enter Austria. Will we run into bigger cities yet. I don't think the Danube is the heartland??? Right now, we would probably stick to the river until we got to the end?

Oh certainly. The area you just rolled through is fiercely productive.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:54 pm

Bortslovakia wrote:And with literacy being in the single digits in both of our states, it probably wouldn't be profitable even at a marked up price. At least not until it's been running for 10-15 years.

What I mean by private merchants is, if Pat hires a copper merchant to pick up a couple copies the next time he’s in Denmark or something.

Bortslovakia wrote:The Commonwealth's diplomatic policy is many things. Restrained isn't one :P

We will simply end the pretence that there can be such a thing as peace between the Commonwealth and an autocracy. Either the Commonwealth enforces its way of life on the rest of the world, or it will have a foreign way of life enforced on it. Such is reality.
Last edited by Plzen on Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:17 pm

The Imperium

There is clearly a military outpost at Vinceia. You describe gunships at both Vinceia and Singidun. These would be obvious. They are in the harbor and would be easy to look at in a basic manner without sticking out. We would look at them like any other ship and then draw the basics of what we saw once we were off the main deck. We would not approach them, much like we would not approach the steel factories or the soldiers. It would be the classic of treating everything as normal, but still writing down the descriptions of everything we saw including the soldiers and ships.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If we came across the Commonwealth, we would probably present ourselves as Season Traders much like we did at the Imperium. The Imperium might even go along with the ruse without even realizing it. We would probably not even talk much about our governance, why discuss this with barbarians, we would be interested in how much your books cost and what we could buy from you. Would you still go after us as an autocracy?
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:29 pm

Post summary
Summarizes the first week of February, concluding the Charades game and talking about the aftermath of the Blizzard.
Talks about week 2 of February. Bostwick milk the cows and collects eggs from the chickens, eats a sandwich, and goes out to help repair a grain mill.

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:13 pm

Gosh, Im looking a This series of posts I got, and Im just thinking “Damn, but I’m in Kansas for a funeral tho.”
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:42 am

I noticed that the Imperium was using polymers. Curious if it is Russian dandelion which is one of the few potential natural polymers that could be made around Europe.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:11 am

UniversalCommons wrote:I noticed that the Imperium was using polymers. Curious if it is Russian dandelion which is one of the few potential natural polymers that could be made around Europe.

Oh no - that’s far too uneconomical. They’re byproducts of the petroleum cracking we’re doing to manufacture incendiaries, by and large, or naturally occurring not-quite-polymers like resin/rosin who can be lightly altered to fulfill similar non-essential roles. We’re a few decades out from anything even resembling a properly petrochemical industry, but then again, the need for polymers is quite low.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:02 am

After the Unification of Iraq and the beat down of Uruk. I'm going to go full Song Dynasty with water and gears. Mix this with hydropunk and turn Ur and other cities in to their own version of Venice. Artificial irrigation and river systems that can help bring out an industrial revolution based on water and gears.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:54 pm

Ralnis wrote:After the Unification of Iraq and the beat down of Uruk. I'm going to go full Song Dynasty with water and gears. Mix this with hydropunk and turn Ur and other cities in to their own version of Venice. Artificial irrigation and river systems that can help bring out an industrial revolution based on water and gears.

I'll make sure to have the magics of indoor plumbing and public baths make their way to you in exchange for those watermills or just iron working.. that'll be nice.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:05 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Ralnis wrote:After the Unification of Iraq and the beat down of Uruk. I'm going to go full Song Dynasty with water and gears. Mix this with hydropunk and turn Ur and other cities in to their own version of Venice. Artificial irrigation and river systems that can help bring out an industrial revolution based on water and gears.

I'll make sure to have the magics of indoor plumbing and public baths make their way to you in exchange for those watermills or just iron working.. that'll be nice.

Try harder poor Indus. We already have those things. Specifically made those after the First Unification War. I don't know why Nestos didn't say anything but whateves.. Those book worshippers can figure it out later as they die in my name!

Also, this is Luther after the Second Unification War.

Last edited by Ralnis on Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:20 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

Try harder poor Indus. We already have those things. Specifically made those after the First Unification War. I don't know why Nestos didn't say anything but whateves.. Those book worshippers can figure it out later as they die in my name!

Ah, well, did Luther install them? The Indus had them prior to the arrival of the Authors. I guess we'll just buy what we need with Ivory, Cotton, Gold, Spices, and the like. Maybe commission a few ships.. In like 20 years.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:13 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Try harder poor Indus. We already have those things. Specifically made those after the First Unification War. I don't know why Nestos didn't say anything but whateves.. Those book worshippers can figure it out later as they die in my name!

Ah, well, did Luther install them? The Indus had them prior to the arrival of the Authors. I guess we'll just buy what we need with Ivory, Cotton, Gold, Spices, and the like. Maybe commission a few ships.. In like 20 years.

Should've been during the rebuilding of the First Unification War when a lot of the cities got massive overhauls. Like what's going to happen with the cities of half of Mesopotamia after this one is done.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:19 pm

The Mesopotamians had clay pipes for plumbing at Nippur at 4000 b.c.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:29 pm

Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:36 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:

That's a chinese army. I know this because only we are allowed to have three kings at once.
Last edited by Orostan on Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019

Postby Europa Undivided » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:51 pm

Who is the one in control of Ukraine and Crimea again?
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:39 am

Europa Undivided wrote:Who is the one in control of Ukraine and Crimea again?

Me. I uploaded info on the wiki as well.

Spiritual Republic of Caryton
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Spiritual Republic of Caryton » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:32 pm

praise the lord, i have returned.

i'll work on a wiki thing after i post.
The Spiritual Republic of Caryton
(CARYTON VIDEO)
A serene & puritan 80s-90s tech agrarian Christian fundamentalist nation with no separation between church and state. Wide prairies, fertile plains, archaic clothing, clean skies, lack of modern influence, universal prohibition, kind societies, and simple austere lives forge the Carytonic identity.
Music of Caryton: [8-29-22] Classic Carytonic Sing-Along Hymns

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019

Postby Europa Undivided » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:52 pm

Cainesland wrote:
Europa Undivided wrote:Who is the one in control of Ukraine and Crimea again?

Perhaps we can interact soon?
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:13 pm

Europa Undivided wrote:
Cainesland wrote:

Perhaps we can interact soon?

Sounds good. It sounds like you are getting close to the HBC territory?

Bostwick has been digging himself out of a blizzard, and in the fall he will likely be handling the incoming diplomat delegation from the commonwealth.

He probably can’t leave his town easily since he is one of the mayors/Aediles. Would you be interested in starting with letters from the HBC forts?

You could have a letter translated at of the HBC forts in exchange for money or a fur pelt. From the fort the letter could be sent by river to the single market at Hudson’s Bay (Sea of Azov) and given to the water transportation association (WTA). The WTA can take it to Crimea. Once in Crimea the land transportation association can deliver the letter directly to Bostwick.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:40 pm

I am sorry for me going M.I.A.

Posting from my phone right now.

Had sudden back to back deaths in the family and had to drive to Michigan.

I do however hope to get a few things ICly done.

1- Colab with Ted set during the north campaign.
2- Get G-tech to have Monroe lore wise be the mastermind of the Imperiums northern stratagem
3- More Monroe character development.

I will try to check in ever couple days but I honestly don't know when I will be back to daily postings.
Last edited by Kelmet on Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:26 pm

it would be so much easier to bathe if we had the tech and resources to build public baths... but at the same time - washing eachother is just so intimate and heartwarming to me. So perhaps I suspend it for the cute lovestory for now. Heh heh
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:35 pm

Why did Volgagrad join up with Moscow?

I’m curious because geographicly they seem pretty far away, with it looking to be about 20+ days travel to get between the two spots. Most economic power would probably pull them west instead of north given the distance and nearby trading areas. They have a larger population, granted it looks like they have a less experienced chief, which might lend itself to more political autonomy since it looks like they joined over one meeting.
Last edited by Cainesland on Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse