NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations (2nd Era, OOC, Always Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should we carry on - ( comment what you voted after voting, THIS IS MANDATORY )

Poll ended at Mon May 11, 2020 5:40 am

1. Carry on in the year 2975
68%
2. Skip to the year 2970
14%
3. Skip to the year 2945
18%

Total votes : 22

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:38 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Y'all be beelining steam power but not for ironclads?
Frankly, disappointing.

Heh.

Sumeria tried that.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:46 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Frankly, disappointing.

Heh.

Sumeria tried that.

Just armored ships actually, but it was the cause of the second Unification Wars.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019

Postby Europa Undivided » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:13 pm

Nuxipal wrote:So super weird question, in the year 2975 BCE, current year per the OP. Where is everyone at? I can't find my reference sheet nearby right now, but I'm almost 90% sure my last post started on Nov. 11 and the second part was Nov. 14.

Just trying to get a feel for where everyone is in the year.

I am also at November already, when the Moskva River freezes over.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Kafair
Envoy

Founded: Apr 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kafair » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:16 pm

Just had a crazy idea. What if I was to just throw some poor sod into Madagascar, and try to unite it. Madagascar eventually becomes real important to trade for both Europeans and Arabs, and establishing a position there would be crazy. probably really hard, but I think do-able. Now I want to try and decide if its worth it at all. Is there anyone else in africa or on madagascar?
Last edited by Kafair on Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood." -Otto von Bismarck, first Chancellor of Germany
"History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce." -Karl Marx
"History is written by the victors." -Winston Churchill
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------|--------------------------------------------^--------------------------------------
--------O-----------------------------------------< O >------------------------------------
--------|-----------------------------------------\_[]__/-----------------------------------
IRL History Buff, More or Less just the Desert, nation is a Theocratic Monarchy, in which the word of the Sultan is law. PMT tech
I SUPPORT THE USE OF SWORDS IN MY MILITARY, DEAL WITH IT
The first president of the Azure Watester Federation! Join today!
NS Stats? Dont make me laugh!
NationStates Flag Bracket - 5th place!

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:22 pm

Frankly, disappointing.

Yes let us waste an eight of our countries yearly GDP on a giant, slow moving, lump of metal one could vaguely refer to as "buoyant"

As G said, Sumeria tried something of a similar dint... they sank :P

Wysten
Minister

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:51 pm

How does the first Journal entry shape up? Anything else should I edit or remove?
Famous qoutes
"Half the battle is fought on the OOC forums"
~ Albert Tzu, 1984
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your signature!
GENERATION 15: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:50 am

Orostan wrote:
Ralnis wrote:FTFY

It seems Sumeria is also in need of exterminatus.

You're going to be so mad if Marcio decides to introduce the furry fandom to Japan... Hanafuridake probably will too XD

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:55 am

Joohan wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:
My fujoshi senses are tingling.

Why do you make me look this trash up?

Nah, he's fooling around with a married woman from Hibernia

Y'all's ain't seen nothin yet. Like, the main reason the Onomichi is having the gender debate centuries early is because I plan to get Marcio a husband or boyfriend XD get wrecked homophobia lol.

Rainbows and Unicorns projected to arrive in Marcio's Japan very soon.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Postby Europa Undivided » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:08 am

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:
Joohan wrote:
Why do you make me look this trash up?

Nah, he's fooling around with a married woman from Hibernia

Y'all's ain't seen nothin yet. Like, the main reason the Onomichi is having the gender debate centuries early is because I plan to get Marcio a husband or boyfriend XD get wrecked homophobia lol.

The Allied States of Rus when it conquers Siberia and reaches the Pacific Ocean and makes contact with Japan:

Why is the Emperor gay
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:21 am

Bortslovakia wrote:
Frankly, disappointing.

Yes let us waste an eight of our countries yearly GDP on a giant, slow moving, lump of metal one could vaguely refer to as "buoyant"

They're all fools anyway, building poorly built ironclads.
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Europa Undivided
Minister

Postby Europa Undivided » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:37 am

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:
Bortslovakia wrote:Yes let us waste an eight of our countries yearly GDP on a giant, slow moving, lump of metal one could vaguely refer to as "buoyant"

They're all fools anyway, building poorly built ironclads.

*Laughs in shore cannons*

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:01 am

Europa Undivided wrote:
Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:Y'all's ain't seen nothin yet. Like, the main reason the Onomichi is having the gender debate centuries early is because I plan to get Marcio a husband or boyfriend XD get wrecked homophobia lol.

The Allied States of Rus when it conquers Siberia and reaches the Pacific Ocean and makes contact with Japan:

Why is the Emperor gay

Reasons :

1. What's a kingdom without both a King and a Queen? Japan will have the advantage of having both of them rolled into one XD

2. FRF. Say it with me friends. It stands for Fabulous, Royal, Fashion. What kind of Emperor dresses in shoddy robes and can't tell a beautiful scepter from an ugly one?

3. When writing the second one I was not intending an innuendo when mentioning "scepters". But now that I notice the potential in it...

4. *all other reasons relating to innuendos having to do with swords, scepters and other objects of similar connotations have been put in one section and censored*

5. *this censorship is for any other kinds of innuendos one might make. All references to equestrian activities, dungeons, dragons, etc. have been deleted by the poster*

6. Emphasizing pointed number 2, closets are fine for Narnia but Japan needs a ruler that goes into a wardrobe for only a BRIEF time. Japan would prefer a ruler that emerges from the closet with at least some modicum of fashion sense as well.

7. If you want to have pride in your nation, you're going to need some PRIDE.
Last edited by Ah-eh-ioh-uh on Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:13 am

>rulers dressing in shoddy robes
I dunno about you but a huge ass fur robe definitely doesn't look shoddy.
Also don't make me turn myself into RNG and yeet your ruler out of the window and make you watch your empire collapse because you didn't have an heir. Sorry its just my CK2 seeping in.

egg

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:30 am

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:>rulers dressing in shoddy robes
Also don't make me turn myself into RNG and yeet your ruler out of the window and make you watch your empire collapse because you didn't have an heir. Sorry its just my CK2 seeping in.

I don't even know what some of those terms mean but it's cute that you think procreation is the only way to appoint an heir. *swat* what kind of fly was that?

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:57 am

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:

I don't even know what some of those terms mean but it's cute that you think procreation is the only way to appoint an heir. *swat* what kind of fly was that?

>its cute that you think procreation is the only way to appoint an heir
*elective gavelkind trauma*

egg

Europa Undivided
Minister

Postby Europa Undivided » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:04 am

Breaking news: the two Emperors of Japan adopt a child

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:22 am

Eh, I prefer procreation with primogeniture, Crusader Kings 2's bullshit tends to push you towards that.

egg

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:51 am

Curious if any of the scholars are able to escape back to Oak after the battle with the help of black ops?

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:13 am

Plzen wrote:I wonder what it says about us as roleplayers and the culture in which we were raised that the most developed and elaborated-upon relationships of our IC authors are almost invariably their romantic partner. No friends, children, apprentices, coworkers, or comrades.

I should develop Clara’s other relationships a bit more...

Monroe is the outlier.

He has done all of that except a romantic partner.
Last edited by Kelmet on Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:38 am

Kelmet wrote:
Plzen wrote:I wonder what it says about us as roleplayers and the culture in which we were raised that the most developed and elaborated-upon relationships of our IC authors are almost invariably their romantic partner. No friends, children, apprentices, coworkers, or comrades.

I should develop Clara’s other relationships a bit more...

Monroe is the outlier.

Besides people like Victor or Luther who are either too caught up in an obsession(Victor) or so damn afraid of commitment because of his immortality, low self esteem, and because constant war has made him cope with opium instead of trying to come out of his shell(Luther).
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:44 am

Ralnis wrote:
Kelmet wrote:Monroe is the outlier.

Besides people like Victor or Luther who are either too caught up in an obsession(Victor) or so damn afraid of commitment because of his immortality, low self esteem, and because constant war has made him cope with opium instead of trying to come out of his shell(Luther).

I guess that's why I deep down want to meet all the authors, because the thought of being alone (save for the few who are lucky enough to have a romantic partner) Forever isn't just a little scary. Its down right terrifying.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:12 am

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Eh, I prefer procreation with primogeniture, Crusader Kings 2's bullshit tends to push you towards that.

Crusader Kings 2's bullshit also leads to numerous bastard dynasties and a half-dozen assassination attempts, but that's life right?
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:04 am

Tsk. Monarchies and their successions. The only true legitimacy is that of the Parliament and the People. Patrician elective!

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:08 am

Plzen wrote:Tsk. Monarchies and their successions. The only true legitimacy is that of the Parliament and the People. Patrician elective!

The people don't know what they want. That's why we have a group of hereditary titles that govern over various portions of the city's needs.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:24 am

I mean, he can always just adopt his heir. They don't even have to be a child. Adult adoption has been a common means of family succession for thousands of years in Japan.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse