NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations (2nd Era, OOC, Always Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should we carry on - ( comment what you voted after voting, THIS IS MANDATORY )

Poll ended at Mon May 11, 2020 5:40 am

1. Carry on in the year 2975
68%
2. Skip to the year 2970
14%
3. Skip to the year 2945
18%

Total votes : 22

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:32 am

Silverblade wrote:And when I start. DO I act as I start at 2975 BC or 3000 BC ad then go from there?

2975 BCE.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:05 am

I wonder where the town Universal described is on the map to be honest, Nestos and Inperial borders are pretty damn away from each other, is it in Transylvania ( the middle ground between Nestos and Imperium ) or somewhere else?

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Today is my birthday,
so I'll be in the company of many of my family and plenty of my friends. So I won't be around here for most of today.

Happy Birthday
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:18 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:Any books, broadsheets, or posters from the Imperium in Sigismund? Want to expand that imaginary library. Of course, we can write about what we see...

You mean Singidum? You probably wouldn't find much other than Bibles, and public notices for merchants of ship arrival times and the like. Serbia won't exactly boast much of a literate populace just yet.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:29 pm

Endem wrote:I wonder where the town Universal described is on the map to be honest, Nestos and Inperial borders are pretty damn away from each other, is it in Transylvania ( the middle ground between Nestos and Imperium ) or somewhere else?

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Today is my birthday,
so I'll be in the company of many of my family and plenty of my friends. So I won't be around here for most of today.

Happy Birthday

It is not really an official town. There is a trading post that is expanding at the base of the Vistula. When we first came to Aren, we set up a place to launch the boats further up the road. We never really quite left. It is the exact same place where the rafts went up the river on the first expedition. Basically, it was chosen because there were some traders in amber near the river. We came back and continued trading there. Basically, we don't own it. It is an attractive place on the river where people gather and trade things. Basically, it was an open field where you could pitch tents and get to the river easily, near a major road with farms, hunters, fishermen and traders. We met the local people who traded amber there. It started attracting others, the farmers, the amber traders, the fishermen, the hunters, some of the traders from Aren. We continued trading there. It eventually would become something like a permanent market, or market town (settlement with a market).

It might be somewhere near the base of the Vistula where the modern town of Wisla is not far from the Imperium town of Aren.

The public arrival of ships would be of interest to us as we would be trading. Would they have information on the types of goods?
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:59 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:
Endem wrote:I wonder where the town Universal described is on the map to be honest, Nestos and Inperial borders are pretty damn away from each other, is it in Transylvania ( the middle ground between Nestos and Imperium ) or somewhere else?

Happy Birthday

It is not really an official town. There is a trading post that is expanding at the base of the Vistula. When we first came to Aren, we set up a place to launch the boats further up the road. We never really quite left. It is the exact same place where the rafts went up the river on the first expedition. Basically, it was chosen because there were some traders in amber near the river. We came back and continued trading there. Basically, we don't own it. It is an attractive place on the river where people gather and trade things. Basically, it was an open field where you could pitch tents and get to the river easily, near a major road with farms, hunters, fishermen and traders. We met the local people who traded amber there. It started attracting others, the farmers, the amber traders, the fishermen, the hunters, some of the traders from Aren. We continued trading there. It eventually would become something like a permanent market, or market town (settlement with a market).

It might be somewhere near the base of the Vistula where the modern town of Wisla is not far from the Imperium town of Aren.

The public arrival of ships would be of interest to us as we would be trading. Would they have information on the types of goods?

Wait, what ships?

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:09 pm

Endem wrote:
UniversalCommons wrote:

It might be somewhere near the base of the Vistula where the modern town of Wisla is not far from the Imperium town of Aren

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wait, what ships?

The ships are in Singidun which is on the Danube river. it is separate from the Vistula thread.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Oh my lord. Y'all.

I just realized, since I live on a university campus and am able to check out books from the even bigger university next door, I think I might be able to get a reconstructed dictionary and grammar of "Proto-Utian", which is probably what's being spoken in most of the Bay Area and Central Valley at this point in history.

I've tried to get it online for months now but... I might be able to finesse it via inter-library loan lmfao.
yee haw it's time for mass line

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:41 pm

Reatra wrote:Oh my lord. Y'all.

I just realized, since I live on a university campus and am able to check out books from the even bigger university next door, I think I might be able to get a reconstructed dictionary and grammar of "Proto-Utian", which is probably what's being spoken in most of the Bay Area and Central Valley at this point in history.

I've tried to get it online for months now but... I might be able to finesse it via inter-library loan lmfao.

Maybe you'll invent the dictionary in our RP.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:50 pm

Orostan wrote:
Reatra wrote:Oh my lord. Y'all.

Maybe you'll invent the dictionary in our RP.

Need a literate population for that to be useful :P

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:05 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:
Endem wrote:
Wait, what ships?

The ships are in Singidun which is on the Danube river. it is separate from the Vistula thread.

Oh, your ships, wait, why would the arrival of your ships be of interest to you?

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:09 pm

Endem wrote:
UniversalCommons wrote:

Oh, your ships, wait, why would the arrival of your ships be of interest to you?
The arrival of Imperial trade ships in Singidun would interest us because we could see what they are trading as well as how the ships are built.

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:19 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Today is my birthday, so I'll be in the company of many of my family and plenty of my friends. So I won't be around here for most of today.

Happy birthday!

I should be caught up with the timeskip within a few posts. I imagine within 5 years, becoming the ræðumaður (Speaker) of the Region of Viken/Oppland is reasonable? Especially with a little endorsement, perhaps.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019

Postby Europa Undivided » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:21 pm

Plzen wrote:
Bortslovakia wrote:[...] and should you mess with their trade, the Commonwealth.

Oh, yes. Absolutely no touching my sensitive overseas trade, the merchants conducting said trade, or the commercial outposts said merchants operate from.

Otherwise I honestly could not care less about what colour y’all decide to paint the Western European plains in. The Commonwealth honestly has no interest in administering all that rural land.

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Also, that moment when you realise that it's only been a week and the OOC has grown by 46 PAGES

I’m reasonably confident this is the longest-running and most successful RP I’ve ever had the pleasure of participating in.

It does move both quicker than I can write for and slower than I can read, which makes me think maybe I really should work on my English writing...

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:This took far longer then it should've

Fascinating, another China... its terribly unfortunate that Hanafuridake decided to retire for an indefinite hiatus, because East Asia seems to finally be livening up a bit...

Hope you two don’t silently quit on us like the last batch of militaristic warlords did.

Europa Undivided wrote:Russia won’t stop anyone from using its rivers to get to Asia.

I mean, as I said before. If you intend to establish Russia as we understand it, you’ll have to conquer Novgorod, which means shattering the carefully built Baltic Free Trade Bloc that we’re investing considerable resources into, possibly fighting a fairly major war...

I very much doubt that the Commonwealth will be on speaking terms with Moskva after that.

Orostan wrote:Maybe I’ll get to you guys first.

I honestly wouldn’t mind an external power able to meddle in European affairs. Someone needs to break up the stranglehold that the Imperium has on regional diplomacy, and why not China?

The unfortunate realities of distance does mean that it’s unlikely to be soon, though...

There would be no war if I marry the princess of Novgorod.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:22 pm

Europa Undivided wrote:
Plzen wrote:Oh, yes. Absolutely no touching my sensitive overseas trade, the merchants conducting said trade, or the commercial outposts said merchants operate from.

Otherwise I honestly could not care less about what colour y’all decide to paint the Western European plains in. The Commonwealth honestly has no interest in administering all that rural land.

I’m reasonably confident this is the longest-running and most successful RP I’ve ever had the pleasure of participating in.

It does move both quicker than I can write for and slower than I can read, which makes me think maybe I really should work on my English writing...

Fascinating, another China... its terribly unfortunate that Hanafuridake decided to retire for an indefinite hiatus, because East Asia seems to finally be livening up a bit...

Hope you two don’t silently quit on us like the last batch of militaristic warlords did.

I mean, as I said before. If you intend to establish Russia as we understand it, you’ll have to conquer Novgorod, which means shattering the carefully built Baltic Free Trade Bloc that we’re investing considerable resources into, possibly fighting a fairly major war...

I very much doubt that the Commonwealth will be on speaking terms with Moskva after that.

I honestly wouldn’t mind an external power able to meddle in European affairs. Someone needs to break up the stranglehold that the Imperium has on regional diplomacy, and why not China?

The unfortunate realities of distance does mean that it’s unlikely to be soon, though...

There would be no war if I marry the princess of Novgorod.

Nice
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:25 pm

omg

i just got pdfs of the Proto-Utian Grammar and Dictionary so you know it's ENDONYM TIME
yee haw it's time for mass line

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:26 pm

So, I noticed on the map, one of the Islands in Hibernian possession is not named Hibernia, but Polygon 39, has the mighty Polygon empire returned?

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:06 pm

Endem wrote:So, I noticed on the map, one of the Islands in Hibernian possession is not named Hibernia, but Polygon 39, has the mighty Polygon empire returned?

!

Ready the defenses men! We may die trying, but we shall prevent the spread of the Polygonians at all cost!

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:15 pm

Time to start the grind against Uruk.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:32 pm

Ralnis wrote:Time to start the grind against Uruk.

Epic.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:49 pm

Did we just start playing game of thrones?

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:20 pm

FINALLY GOT MY POST UP. Took me way longer to write that then I had intended - and I only got to a third of what it was I had initially planned. After looking over how long the first part had went on though, I decided that the next to parts could wait till a bit later.

Haven't even mentioned Issac, the WEC, Dusk Union, or guns yet...

Am gonna look over today's and yesterday's posts then.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:29 pm

Joohan wrote:FINALLY GOT MY POST UP. Took me way longer to write that then I had intended - and I only got to a third of what it was I had initially planned. After looking over how long the first part had went on though, I decided that the next to parts could wait till a bit later.

I know that feeling.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:31 pm

Joohan wrote:FINALLY GOT MY POST UP. Took me way longer to write that then I had intended - and I only got to a third of what it was I had initially planned. After looking over how long the first part had went on though, I decided that the next to parts could wait till a bit later.

Hopefully by the time you have your next post up, I'll have another post up to get Issac's attention in the Accantry

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:36 pm

Silverblade wrote:Author Applicaiton
Name: Benjamin Lee Ford
Height and Weight: 6'3 and 120
Skin, hair, and eye description: a bit pale. Black hair and blue eyes.
( Optional ) Picture:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... stored.jpg
9except smaller beard and modern)
Prior Profession: Lawyer and New Politician
Level of education ( specify degrees or noteworthy classes ):
political science degree
Law School JD
Physique description: Benjamin is healthy and his age helps. Although he never focused on being physically strong throughout his life.
Useful skills: Knowledgable of history and survival (Ok at surviving). A great leader and speaker.
National Origin: America
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: Debating his political rival.
Description of personality: Ben as a lawyer and politician is a great speaker and is relatively extroverted. Although he is always searching for stuff on the internet. Ben likes to be in positions of importance and he holds fame over wealth. He is very ambitious and has the determination to reach his goals. Despite his short experience, he is a skilled politician and respected on the local level.
Where in the world are you landing?: Rome, Italy
Autobiography/Biography ( paragraph minimum ):
Benjamin Lee Ford was born to a respected political family in Boston, Massachusetts. (NO relation to Henry ford or Charles Lee) He went into the Family Tradition of Law and politics. After a normal childhood, he went to Yale Law School. He did well in yale, passing his Bar Examination. After a few years as a lawyer, he went to for the Boston City Council. His primary election was smooth easily gaining the Republican Nomination. Unfourtently, the General election was more difficult with Boston being mainly Democrat. Luckily he won barely and began working as a legislator,

( Optional on down)
What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: Reform a state similar to the Roman Empire in the sense of Legion structure, size, and various characteristics like power across the Mediterranean. Politics will be different tho.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: A mix of Caesar and Romulus. Caesar in his expansionism and politics. Romulus in his founding of Rome.
Why did you chose to land where you did?: I love Roman/Italian history and it fits the best with what I'm going for.
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?: A mix of Roman and Imperium of man. It is Militarstic and has a senate but the senate has no real power and its mainly invested in the King.
What are your character's motivations?: Same as my intentions but also of course to survive.
Theme Song?: "]Imperial March" for now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNv5sPu0C1E
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?: Hmm, not sure for now. What's the time change again?

Tell me, are you ( in real life ) a politician and or a lawyer? If the answer is no, then you shouldn't put it down as your occupation.

As for skills, what does:

OK at surviving, mean? That's not very specific now is it? What you put in skills, should be abilities and knowledge which you posses that are both unique, relevant to your current situation, and which you possess a degree of expertise at. These should be very specific things, which you actually are knowledgeable in, IRL.

Following that same train of thought, A great leader and speaker. Are we to believe that your author is an objectively great leader and speaker? Are these skills quite unique to him, and provable? If not, please get rid of them. It is quite normal and acceptable if you don't have any particular skills - most people from this current day and age likely wouldn't have any.

As for your bio, knowing that Benjamin Lee Ford is not, actually, a Massachusetts legislator - and that all our Authors are descended from the actual real world, I would suggest that you write a more true to self bio.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:36 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:

Hopefully by the time you have your next post up, I'll have another post up to get Issac's attention in the Accantry

Do you have questions about the Accantry and the school?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse