NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations (2nd Era, OOC, Always Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should we carry on - ( comment what you voted after voting, THIS IS MANDATORY )

Poll ended at Mon May 11, 2020 5:40 am

1. Carry on in the year 2975
68%
2. Skip to the year 2970
14%
3. Skip to the year 2945
18%

Total votes : 22

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:39 pm

Plzen wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:James just landed in the south of France, but otherwise both her and Italy are unpopulated.

I believe there was somebody considering an application for Rome? Did he ever get it written up?

The Prussian militarism fantasy guy.

I can't honestly remember who you are talking about so.. probably not? :P
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:46 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Plzen wrote:I believe there was somebody considering an application for Rome? Did he ever get it written up?

The Prussian militarism fantasy guy.

I can't honestly remember who you are talking about so.. probably not? :P

Probably mixing up multiple people, I think I've been the only one to write up a app for Rome proper.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:58 pm

I have half a post solely dedicated to complaining about primitive farming. :p

Should be up tonight. Honestly I’ll be caught up to the time skip within a few weeks at this point.
Last edited by Lazarian on Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:00 pm

Lazarian wrote:I have half a post solely dedicated to complaining about primitive farming. :p

Should be up tonight. Honestly I’ll be caught up to the time skip within a few weeks at this point.

Honestly it is just the worst.

And imagine when you had to resharpen your tools every few hours, or make entirely new ones every few days.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:10 pm

Silverblade wrote:So is this a full reset?

And did anyone take France or Rome?

A full reset in what sense? This is, in fact, the newest iteration of NewCiv, but it's also been going on for close to a year. We ran out of pages for the old OOC :P

Anyways we have at least one player in France, and four other European powers influencing the tribes of the area. Italy is basically untouched.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:14 pm

Bortslovakia wrote:
Silverblade wrote:So is this a full reset?

And did anyone take France or Rome?

A full reset in what sense? This is, in fact, the newest iteration of NewCiv, but it's also been going on for close to a year. We ran out of pages for the old OOC :P

Anyways we have at least one player in France, and four other European powers influencing the tribes of the area. Italy is basically untouched.

I mean save for my retconned civilization. Simply because I didn't have the time to run a civilization. Honestly I'm fine if it exists or remains dead. We can call the my previous author who looks oddly similar to my current one "John Smith" the weird doppelganger bloke who got "killed by natives." :p
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:17 pm

Lazarian wrote:I have half a post solely dedicated to complaining about primitive farming. :p

you gotta get urself some chinampas, some three sisters, some amaranth

on the one hand, 3000 BCE crops are shit... on the other hand, it means we have a level playing field so it's actually worthwhile to explore potentially better-than-irl crops that werent irl due to the already sunk costs and economic systems
yee haw it's time for mass line

Silverblade
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silverblade » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:35 pm

Author Applicaiton
Name: Benjamin Lee Ford
Height and Weight: 6'3 and 120
Skin, hair, and eye description: a bit pale. Black hair and blue eyes.
( Optional ) Picture:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... stored.jpg
9except smaller beard and modern)
Prior Profession: Lawyer and New Politician
Level of education ( specify degrees or noteworthy classes ):
political science degree
Law School JD
Physique description: Benjamin is healthy and his age helps. Although he never focused on being physically strong throughout his life.
Useful skills: Knowledgable of history and survival (Ok at surviving). A great leader and speaker.
National Origin: America
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: Debating his political rival.
Description of personality: Ben as a lawyer and politician is a great speaker and is relatively extroverted. Although he is always searching for stuff on the internet. Ben likes to be in positions of importance and he holds fame over wealth. He is very ambitious and has the determination to reach his goals. Despite his short experience, he is a skilled politician and respected on the local level.
Where in the world are you landing?: Rome, Italy
Autobiography/Biography ( paragraph minimum ):
Benjamin Lee Ford was born to a respected political family in Boston, Massachusetts. (NO relation to Henry ford or Charles Lee) He went into the Family Tradition of Law and politics. After a normal childhood, he went to Yale Law School. He did well in yale, passing his Bar Examination. After a few years as a lawyer, he went to for the Boston City Council. His primary election was smooth easily gaining the Republican Nomination. Unfourtently, the General election was more difficult with Boston being mainly Democrat. Luckily he won barely and began working as a legislator,

( Optional on down)
What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: Reform a state similar to the Roman Empire in the sense of Legion structure, size, and various characteristics like power across the Mediterranean. Politics will be different tho.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: A mix of Caesar and Romulus. Caesar in his expansionism and politics. Romulus in his founding of Rome.
Why did you chose to land where you did?: I love Roman/Italian history and it fits the best with what I'm going for.
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?: A mix of Roman and Imperium of man. It is Militarstic and has a senate but the senate has no real power and its mainly invested in the King.
What are your character's motivations?: Same as my intentions but also of course to survive.
Theme Song?: "]Imperial March" for now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNv5sPu0C1E
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?: Hmm, not sure for now. What's the time change again?
Last edited by Silverblade on Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silverblade
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silverblade » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:36 pm

I know my app isnt that unique but I made it late in night so sorry.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:38 pm

I expressed some half-serious half-joking concern about Northern Europe disintegrating into a set of little pocket Imperiums if I let G-Tech have his way, but that application actually is a little pocket Imperium in all the ways that matter...

I’m much humoured.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:45 pm

Hello guys, just wanted to check in.

I had my DnD group over today so I was online.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

New Arcadius
Envoy

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Arcadius » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:26 pm

Orostan wrote:Besides that if you're talking about the whole 'soft metal around hard metal' thing I did with the swords that's an actual practice that is done to allow for hard but brittle metal to serve as a blade while softer metal acts as structural support and a shock absorber.

Joohan wrote:I'll also say, i've been away for a couple of days now. I've not read any of your posts yet - but just skimming through your last post, two words immediately caught my attention: Emperor and Captain.

I'm going to have to catch up on the IC now - cause unless you have some good justification, neither one of those things should exist for another millennia.

The 'Emperor' is basically just the ruler of a city. I think i've made it clear that only very primitive city states would realistically exist in China at this time. While Chinese mythology doesn't start for another few hundred years I think it's safe to say that basic concepts like 'ruler with mandate from heaven' are in the process of developing.

The only form of empire that exists is large settlements extracting tribute from smaller villages. Bronze and jade artifacts have been dug up from around this time period and I think my portrayal of ancient China is about as realistic as it can be given the information we have of the time period.

'Emperor' wasnt used until 226BCE.

Every ruler was a King.
Transfemale roleplayer, worldbuilder and country-maker that has been around since 2013! Sorry if I keep on deactivating.

CERTIFIED BRONZE AGE ENJOYER

New Arcadius
Envoy

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Arcadius » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:28 pm

Silverblade wrote:-snip-

Can you do something unique like a Remeus type of Rome?

Also, you have many more years to go if you wanna really found Rome. At this time, the Latins were many tribes.

Also, if you want total power in the mediterrainian, you have four contenders.
Last edited by New Arcadius on Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Transfemale roleplayer, worldbuilder and country-maker that has been around since 2013! Sorry if I keep on deactivating.

CERTIFIED BRONZE AGE ENJOYER

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:34 pm

New Arcadius wrote:Also, if you want total power in the mediterrainian, you have four contenders.

In a few decades that will be the second bloodiest body of water, I can already tell.

Bortslovakia wrote:Anyways we have at least one player in France, and four other European powers influencing the tribes of the area. Italy is basically untouched.

France is more heavily populated than any of these scrappy plots of land us North Sea nations were founded on - no wonder we all want in on that market. :p

In fact, the Commonwealth is probably quite the exception in that it’s market is the only thing over there we want in on, not like the grand territorial ambitions the two of you Britons have.

Orostan wrote:Do you plan to join a European faction, or maybe become a traveler?

We could still use an author for Finland...
Last edited by Plzen on Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silverblade
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silverblade » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:01 pm

New Arcadius wrote:
Silverblade wrote:-snip-

Can you do something unique like a Remeus type of Rome?

Also, you have many more years to go if you wanna really found Rome. At this time, the Latins were many tribes.

Also, if you want total power in the mediterrainian, you have four contenders.

Well thats real history it dosent have to be confined to it. And It can just be a Latin Tribe for now.

Im fine with competition, who would those contenders be?

Silverblade
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silverblade » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:03 pm

New Arcadius wrote:
Orostan wrote:Besides that if you're talking about the whole 'soft metal around hard metal' thing I did with the swords that's an actual practice that is done to allow for hard but brittle metal to serve as a blade while softer metal acts as structural support and a shock absorber.

The 'Emperor' is basically just the ruler of a city. I think i've made it clear that only very primitive city states would realistically exist in China at this time. While Chinese mythology doesn't start for another few hundred years I think it's safe to say that basic concepts like 'ruler with mandate from heaven' are in the process of developing.

The only form of empire that exists is large settlements extracting tribute from smaller villages. Bronze and jade artifacts have been dug up from around this time period and I think my portrayal of ancient China is about as realistic as it can be given the information we have of the time period.

Every ruler was a King.

Changed it but the title "emperor" or "King" might not be used for my country. I'm still debating.

Also, would you new how frequent time moves in this RP?

Also I can try a remus type rome but I dont know how diffrent it would be because we dont know how Remus would of ruled.
Last edited by Silverblade on Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016

Postby Orostan » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:17 pm

New Arcadius wrote:

Every ruler was a King.

Chinese legends describe leaders as Emperor’s only a few hundred years from where we are now. Prehistoric china probably had leaders calling themselves emperors.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:36 pm

Silverblade wrote:
New Arcadius wrote:'Emperor' wasnt used until 226BCE.

Every ruler was a King.

Changed it but the title "emperor" or "King" might not be used for my country. I'm still debating.

Also, would you new how frequent time moves in this RP?

Also I can try a remus type rome but I dont know how diffrent it would be because we dont know how Remus would of ruled.

Mind you, latins haven't exactly become a thing yet, as they have yet to migrate into Latium. Most settlements will mainly be small agricultural villages.

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:37 pm

Silverblade wrote:I know my app isnt that unique but I made it late in night so sorry.

Asia is very open if you don’t want to be killed by Europeans.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:38 pm

Orostan wrote:if you don’t want to be killed by Europeans.

And here I was thinking we wouldn't be modelling RL history...

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:42 pm

Orostan wrote:
Silverblade wrote:I know my app isnt that unique but I made it late in night so sorry.

Asia is very open if you don’t want to be killed by Europeans.

We're not savages. Savages give you pox blankets with a fee. :p

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:11 pm

This post is brought to you by the agricultural revolution.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:26 pm

Lord Dominator wrote:And here I was thinking we wouldn't be modelling RL history...

Well, if the author state to be founded in Moskva does grow into some kind of Russian state, that would put Asia out of reach of our sailboats... while early medieval seafaring technology might get a convoy from Scandinavia to Persia via the Russian rivers, it certainly will not hold up having to go around the Cape.

The Asian authors have some reprieve from us... for now.

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:35 pm

Plzen wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:And here I was thinking we wouldn't be modelling RL history...

Well, if the author state to be founded in Moskva does grow into some kind of Russian state, that would put Asia out of reach of our sailboats... while early medieval seafaring technology might get a convoy from Scandinavia to Persia via the Russian rivers, it certainly will not hold up having to go around the Cape.

The Asian authors have some reprieve from us... for now.

Maybe I’ll get to you guys first.

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Silverblade
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silverblade » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:37 pm

Ok I'll be agriculture village it doesn't really matter as long as I will be able to mold them

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse