NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations (2nd Era, OOC, Always Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should we carry on - ( comment what you voted after voting, THIS IS MANDATORY )

Poll ended at Mon May 11, 2020 5:40 am

1. Carry on in the year 2975
68%
2. Skip to the year 2970
14%
3. Skip to the year 2945
18%

Total votes : 22

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:55 am

Alaroma wrote:
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:FUCKING EUROPEANS, GET OUT OF OUR FUCKING CONTINENT, GODS FUCKING DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.

EUROPEANS GO HOME

Australian aborigines : "When Brittain sends its people, they aren't sending their best"

"They're sending people that have a lot of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime"

"As some, I assume, are good people"

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Europa Undivided » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:20 am

Posted.

My author just for himself practically adopted by a prince of the settlement that will eventually become Moscow.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:52 am

Europa Undivided wrote:Posted.

My author just for himself practically adopted by a prince of the settlement that will eventually become Moscow.

Hm, oh. This... I'm not sure you caught exactly how deep in prehistory we are. Mind if I clarify a few things for you?

5000 people probably covers ~a third of the entire population of European Russia at the moment. A burgeoning trade settlement is probably more like two hundred to three hundred inhabitants.

Coinage - probably not in the region yet, though there might be the first inklings of metalworking in terms of copper and imported bronze or iron, rarely. The degree of central governance and trade necessary to give currency value in the eyes of Neolithic hunter-gatherers isn't in the area around Muscovy yet, though you can change that.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

New Arcadius
Envoy

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Arcadius » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:57 am

Hi there! Sorry for no activity for a while.

My megapost haven't started yet but it will soon.
Transfemale roleplayer, worldbuilder and country-maker that has been around since 2013! Sorry if I keep on deactivating.

CERTIFIED BRONZE AGE ENJOYER

New Arcadius
Envoy

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Arcadius » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:00 am

I had noticed Luther is dead.
Does this mean I'm all alone here in North Africa now?
Transfemale roleplayer, worldbuilder and country-maker that has been around since 2013! Sorry if I keep on deactivating.

CERTIFIED BRONZE AGE ENJOYER

Europa Undivided
Minister

Postby Europa Undivided » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:03 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

Hm, oh. This... I'm not sure you caught exactly how deep in prehistory we are. Mind if I clarify a few things for you?

5000 people probably covers ~a third of the entire population of European Russia at the moment. A burgeoning trade settlement is probably more like two hundred to three hundred inhabitants.

Coinage - probably not in the region yet, though there might be the first inklings of metalworking in terms of copper and imported bronze or iron, rarely. The degree of central governance and trade necessary to give currency value in the eyes of Neolithic hunter-gatherers isn't in the area around Muscovy yet, though you can change that.

Hmmm I see.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:04 am

New Arcadius wrote:I had noticed Luther is dead.

Not dead - he changed his mind back.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Postby Europa Undivided » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:06 am

Changed the post so that there are 400 people and they are using barter for trade.

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:15 am

Hmmm I should work on a post from Emmanuel's point of view.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:28 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:5000 people probably covers ~a third of the entire population of European Russia at the moment.

I feel like you made an order of magnitude error here - probably closer to 1/30 than 1/3.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:37 am

Plzen wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:5000 people probably covers ~a third of the entire population of European Russia at the moment.

I feel like you made an order of magnitude error here - probably closer to 1/30 than 1/3.

Plzen wrote:-- -- -- European Russia 121,000

I broke your rule.. I'm sorry.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:45 am

Plzen wrote:

Oh yes - but I'm talking modern European Russia, not the Ukraine/Crimea/etc. which are far more densely populated.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:01 am

Don't forget about meeeeee
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:28 am

Would each province of Ukraine be similarly populated as Crimea?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:00 am

Cainesland wrote:Would each province of Ukraine be similarly populated as Crimea?

All of it? Certainly not. There probably aren’t more than 40k people in the rest of the Ukraine period.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:05 am

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:

Don't forget about meeeeee

Smh or me for that matter.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:39 am

Basing of the Hudson’s bay company made beaver trading system. The Made beaver currency of the Hudson’s bay company along the Don River and the North West Company along the Dneiper River might involve something like this.

Large Brown bear pelt = 2 MB
Small = 1 MB
Large beaver = 1 MB
small = 1/2 MB
Lynx = 1 MB
Martin = 1/2 MB
Mink = 1/3 MB
Wolf = 1 MB

Card set = 1 MB

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:13 pm

How soon is the timeskip slated for? If it's relatively imminent, I might consider abstaining from posting an intro until after the skip.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:13 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Hey Reatra uhh, slavery in the PNW was kinda integral and my character doesn't want to interfere in native traditions only unify them. So uhh I hope you don't let this factoid get in the way of our future alliances.

Nah, it's 3000 BCE, it's highly unlikely that populations in the PNW were high enough to support the slaver society it would eventually become. ngl but if Mesoamerica hasn't invented slavery or big chiefdoms yet then I doubt the PNW has tbh. Gotta remember that, this isn't just the Americas in 1491, this is 3000 BCE.
yee haw it's time for mass line

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:19 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:How soon is the timeskip slated for? If it's relatively imminent, I might consider abstaining from posting an intro until after the skip.

Oh she has already come and gone. I think the only people still behind are Plzen and I, due to our conflict still being in arbitration.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:20 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:How soon is the timeskip slated for? If it's relatively imminent, I might consider abstaining from posting an intro until after the skip.

Oh she has already come and gone. I think the only people still behind are Plzen and I, due to our conflict still being in arbitration.

Ah, I was expecting a grander arrival. So the IC date is -2970 now?

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:21 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:

yee haw it's time for mass line

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:22 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:

2975 BC

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:23 pm

I’m gonna start laying the ground work for a religious holiday.
-Nuverkikstan

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:26 pm

Cainesland wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Ah, I was expecting a grander arrival. So the IC date is -2970 now?

2975 BC

Oh I'm stupid.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse