NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations (2nd Era, OOC, Always Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should we carry on - ( comment what you voted after voting, THIS IS MANDATORY )

Poll ended at Mon May 11, 2020 5:40 am

1. Carry on in the year 2975
68%
2. Skip to the year 2970
14%
3. Skip to the year 2945
18%

Total votes : 22

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:05 pm

Mine's already inside the Author list as G had accepted it, but it wouldn't hurt to scan over it once more just in case there's issues in it as well, unseen by uhh, G's self proclaimed "senility".
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:13 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Well, here's the finished product. Hopefully this will be acceptable, as it's accurate save a few necessary details that could've easily happened had I conducted myself slightly differently. I took inspiration from the way Plzen wrote her app, so hopefully the pseudo-interview style isn't too difficult on the senses, as I'm a bit of a rambler. Cheers y'all!

Author Application
Name: Emmalynn Leisaghiou ar Nola(Not my birth name, not quite my chosen name, but new world, new you!)
Height and Weight: 5’7”, 143lbs. I’ve been trying to learn metric but my country of origin does not do well to encourage it.
Skin, hair, and eye description: Pale skin(Burning or tanning is roughly a 50/50 shot), wavy brown hair that easily gets some wispy sandy blonde streaks from sun exposure, and dark brown eyes
Picture:
(Image)
I’ve got a slightly stronger chin, a more aquiline nose, and heaven knows that I have dark circles under my eyes in spades, but otherwise it’s a decent approximation.

Prior Profession: Moderately Enthusiastic High School Student
Level of education: High School Education(~Thru most of junior year), note: 5 years of French, 3 of Chinese
Physique description: I’m overall lithe with a mesomorphic body type. Very proud of my small waist, to the point that I’ve written a whole sentence about it. Kinda thicc, also kinda bony elsewhere. Honest, my body’s just a tad weird, but I suppose that’s life. I will say, I’m not athletic, I hold my chest when I run, and my ankles roll like nobody’s business, so anything involving strenuous physical activity is not great fun for me.
Useful skills: I’m a whiz with languages and social studies. Notable as far as social studies go, I’ve been doing quite well in my AP Economics course(Alas, I’ll never know the end of Macro). Thanks to a rather unorthodox elementary school curriculum and years of playing and watching people play map games, I’m really good at drawing maps, especially world maps. I have a bit of background in small-scale administration, so I would say that I have an inclination towards putting together bureaucracies. Otherwise, I have a decent base in biology thanks to a childhood full of BBC and National Geographic, a good bit of knowledge about digestive health and other reasons for abdominal pain due to lots of gastroenterologist visits, and a good bit of lagniappe theoretical knowledge from my pathological wikipedia reading that may prove useful here and there. As an easy example, although I have no chance in hell of even figuring out how to forge the boiler, I know the rough mechanics of a steam engine, so if someone sorted the metallurgy part, I might be able to help put it to use.

National Origin: United States
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: I was napping on the bus. Frankly, I was really looking forward to a snack and a cup of tea.
Description of personality: I’m a very contradictory person in a few ways. I blame my upbringing. I’m naturally timid, but I’ve been working for a while on being bolder, and so sometimes I’ll speak my mind and then immediately curl up and hide, figuratively. I fancy myself smart, but at the same time I like to make a conscious effort to remind myself about the Dunning-Kruger effect whenever I think I’m getting good at something. I’m pessimistic by nature, but years of verbal abuse and counselling(not at once) have left me in an odd position where I can see the bright side but feel more comfortable assuming the worst. I’ve been told I’m tough on myself. Maybe it’s a mixture of perfectionism, maniacal tendencies, and a bastardised sense of vanity, but I definitely do have a tendency towards brutal judgements both towards myself and towards others. For politeness’ sake, I don’t voice them, but I often can’t help thinking. Also I can be pretty hard-headed, sometimes scarily oblivious, a bit impatient, and have occasional bursts of mania where I’m just busy as a bee.
Where in the world are you landing?: England, Rainham Marshes Nature Preserve, right on the banks of the Aerbaker

Autobiography/Biography:
I was born a bouncing baby boy in New Orleans. My original name is something I plan on forgetting eventually, so why document it? During my early childhood, I was privy to multigenerational living arrangements, as I was the 6th generation to grow up in the family home, and lived with not only my parents and younger brother, but my great grandparents as well. My mom and dad married fresh out of college and in college respectively, so we were not particularly in a great position financially, which led to my dad working long hours. He did his best to be present by coming home for dinner and stuff, but it was tough. My great grandma did a lot to help raise me until she passed. Before she did, though, we had to live through Katrina. Some of my earliest memories come from that time. But, back on track. I was homeschooled for elementary school, and my mother was functionally a single mother for a while when my dad was up at seminary for a year. She ran depressed, and I had to pick up some of the slack as a result, which as you can imagine left me in an awkward mental position.

Moving on to the second era of my life, my dad’s time in seminary put strain on my parents’ marriage, as I understand, so my preadolescent years had a bit of an upheaval as my parents divorced and I got sent to a private school, kudos to an endowment for the children of ordained ministers. To be clear, my father and I are Anglican, not Catholic(Though I was baptised Catholic). Middle school saw my mother remarrying, then my father doing the same in my 8th grade year. My mother’s husband, I’m afraid, was not great for my mental health. He figured I was a gay boy, and didn’t recognise my damage mental health as a problem. He really was a garbage parental figure, to be frank. He and my mother made us of numerous authoritarian parenting techniques that did far more harm than good, which left me with longstanding trust issues.

In the summer between 7th and 8th grade, I had a real shakeup as far as self-image went, because at summer camp I found out I was trans. (Fun Meta Fact: I actually figured it out in large part courtesy of NS). I’ve never been one to be patient, and I estimated that my mother would not at all be supported, so, after due research, I stole an exacto-knife from my science teacher’s, got a zip tie, and engaged in DIY surgery. It left an ugly scar, and severely complicated any theoretical prospects of SRS, but it achieved the goal of slamming the breaks on the male puberty that had just recently began for me.

Of course, readers may note that removing one set of gonads won’t immediately compel the body to switch tracks to a different puberty, which is where the next part of our story leads. I often helped my great grandfather with a variety of tasks. Notably, I helped him write out a lot of his information for tax purposes, which meant that I had access to a checking account that was relatively infrequently referenced. So, I took advantage of that, and funded my illicit acquisition of hormonal treatments via regular small transferrals into a paypal account. It was a lot of work, and a lot of stress, but I succeeded at it.

Baggy clothes and, after a while, ace bandages kept the physical changes out of question, since my voice had dropped early, and I made a point of feigning masculinity as much as possible to keep them from suspecting anything serious. Between the end of freshman year and the beginning of sophomore year, though, shit really hit the fan, as, although I kept my treatments a secret, I did end up getting dragged out of the closet by one particularly nasty line of questioning from my stepfather. Strong tensions started getting even worse, and, after they tried to pry into a section of my personal life I was especially keen on not bringing to light, I decided to run away to my dad’s to live full time.

Since I was nearly 16, they couldn’t really do anything legally, even though CPS wasn’t involved, I got my way, and stayed at my dad’s full time. We tried to address some of the affairs in front of a psychiatrist, but really I don’t think anything came of it other than a guarantee that I’m not bipolar. So that leads me to my last year in the modern world. Although the great grandpa gravy train was no longer funding me, I had managed to get a job with the church nursery that provided just enough monthly income to foot the bill. In addition to new housing arrangements, I transferred schools. It’s a funny story as to how I ended up going to the best school in the state. My dad sent in an application for me in semi-jest when I complained about how slow my school’s curriculum was moving, and thanks to a set of decent PSAT scores, some good grades under my belt, and, I assume, a great stroke of luck, I was accepted in. I made a lot of good friends, and, really, for probably the first time in my life I was doing pretty well. I had plans to head to Memorial University of Newfoundland and leave America, but I guess the universe had a cheekier way of sending me abroad.
What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: Survival at the moment, perhaps setting up an education system and building a functional life in the future.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: Qing Dynasty, Bourbon France, Communist Romania, Japanese Empire, Joseon Dynasty, Huey P. Long, Jimmy Smallwood, Antonio Salazar, St. Olga, Joseph Stalin
Why did you choose to land where you did?: I’m afraid I left myself to the mercy of https://miniwebtool.com/random-picker/
What vibe should we get from your civilization and its culture?: Hopefully something nice and industrialist. Steampunk is a pipe dream, but it might come to fruition eventually.
What are your character's motivations?: At the very least, finding a social niche to occupy. At the most, helping steer humanity towards global domination as one people. Another pipe dream is seeing my transition to proper “completion,” as I define it.
Theme Song?: Jalousie, Hei Haloo, Disobedient, Battle of Wuhan. Maybe I’ll keep adding and make a personal playlist.
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?: I’m eager for what’s already there, but if I think of anything notable, I’ll definitely bend your ear.

Congratulations, this might be the best app I have ever seen. Joseon Dynasty, Huey P. Long, Antonio Salazar - those are some choice aspirations right there.

ACCEPTED

Curious question, judging by Huey Long Dong and the battle of Wuhan... i'm gonna guess you're an HOI player?
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:15 pm

Joohan wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Well, here's the finished product. Hopefully this will be acceptable, as it's accurate save a few necessary details that could've easily happened had I conducted myself slightly differently. I took inspiration from the way Plzen wrote her app, so hopefully the pseudo-interview style isn't too difficult on the senses, as I'm a bit of a rambler. Cheers y'all!

Author Application
Name: Emmalynn Leisaghiou ar Nola(Not my birth name, not quite my chosen name, but new world, new you!)
Height and Weight: 5’7”, 143lbs. I’ve been trying to learn metric but my country of origin does not do well to encourage it.
Skin, hair, and eye description: Pale skin(Burning or tanning is roughly a 50/50 shot), wavy brown hair that easily gets some wispy sandy blonde streaks from sun exposure, and dark brown eyes
Picture:
(Image)
I’ve got a slightly stronger chin, a more aquiline nose, and heaven knows that I have dark circles under my eyes in spades, but otherwise it’s a decent approximation.

Prior Profession: Moderately Enthusiastic High School Student
Level of education: High School Education(~Thru most of junior year), note: 5 years of French, 3 of Chinese
Physique description: I’m overall lithe with a mesomorphic body type. Very proud of my small waist, to the point that I’ve written a whole sentence about it. Kinda thicc, also kinda bony elsewhere. Honest, my body’s just a tad weird, but I suppose that’s life. I will say, I’m not athletic, I hold my chest when I run, and my ankles roll like nobody’s business, so anything involving strenuous physical activity is not great fun for me.
Useful skills: I’m a whiz with languages and social studies. Notable as far as social studies go, I’ve been doing quite well in my AP Economics course(Alas, I’ll never know the end of Macro). Thanks to a rather unorthodox elementary school curriculum and years of playing and watching people play map games, I’m really good at drawing maps, especially world maps. I have a bit of background in small-scale administration, so I would say that I have an inclination towards putting together bureaucracies. Otherwise, I have a decent base in biology thanks to a childhood full of BBC and National Geographic, a good bit of knowledge about digestive health and other reasons for abdominal pain due to lots of gastroenterologist visits, and a good bit of lagniappe theoretical knowledge from my pathological wikipedia reading that may prove useful here and there. As an easy example, although I have no chance in hell of even figuring out how to forge the boiler, I know the rough mechanics of a steam engine, so if someone sorted the metallurgy part, I might be able to help put it to use.

National Origin: United States
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: I was napping on the bus. Frankly, I was really looking forward to a snack and a cup of tea.
Description of personality: I’m a very contradictory person in a few ways. I blame my upbringing. I’m naturally timid, but I’ve been working for a while on being bolder, and so sometimes I’ll speak my mind and then immediately curl up and hide, figuratively. I fancy myself smart, but at the same time I like to make a conscious effort to remind myself about the Dunning-Kruger effect whenever I think I’m getting good at something. I’m pessimistic by nature, but years of verbal abuse and counselling(not at once) have left me in an odd position where I can see the bright side but feel more comfortable assuming the worst. I’ve been told I’m tough on myself. Maybe it’s a mixture of perfectionism, maniacal tendencies, and a bastardised sense of vanity, but I definitely do have a tendency towards brutal judgements both towards myself and towards others. For politeness’ sake, I don’t voice them, but I often can’t help thinking. Also I can be pretty hard-headed, sometimes scarily oblivious, a bit impatient, and have occasional bursts of mania where I’m just busy as a bee.
Where in the world are you landing?: England, Rainham Marshes Nature Preserve, right on the banks of the Aerbaker

Autobiography/Biography:
I was born a bouncing baby boy in New Orleans. My original name is something I plan on forgetting eventually, so why document it? During my early childhood, I was privy to multigenerational living arrangements, as I was the 6th generation to grow up in the family home, and lived with not only my parents and younger brother, but my great grandparents as well. My mom and dad married fresh out of college and in college respectively, so we were not particularly in a great position financially, which led to my dad working long hours. He did his best to be present by coming home for dinner and stuff, but it was tough. My great grandma did a lot to help raise me until she passed. Before she did, though, we had to live through Katrina. Some of my earliest memories come from that time. But, back on track. I was homeschooled for elementary school, and my mother was functionally a single mother for a while when my dad was up at seminary for a year. She ran depressed, and I had to pick up some of the slack as a result, which as you can imagine left me in an awkward mental position.

Moving on to the second era of my life, my dad’s time in seminary put strain on my parents’ marriage, as I understand, so my preadolescent years had a bit of an upheaval as my parents divorced and I got sent to a private school, kudos to an endowment for the children of ordained ministers. To be clear, my father and I are Anglican, not Catholic(Though I was baptised Catholic). Middle school saw my mother remarrying, then my father doing the same in my 8th grade year. My mother’s husband, I’m afraid, was not great for my mental health. He figured I was a gay boy, and didn’t recognise my damage mental health as a problem. He really was a garbage parental figure, to be frank. He and my mother made us of numerous authoritarian parenting techniques that did far more harm than good, which left me with longstanding trust issues.

In the summer between 7th and 8th grade, I had a real shakeup as far as self-image went, because at summer camp I found out I was trans. (Fun Meta Fact: I actually figured it out in large part courtesy of NS). I’ve never been one to be patient, and I estimated that my mother would not at all be supported, so, after due research, I stole an exacto-knife from my science teacher’s, got a zip tie, and engaged in DIY surgery. It left an ugly scar, and severely complicated any theoretical prospects of SRS, but it achieved the goal of slamming the breaks on the male puberty that had just recently began for me.

Of course, readers may note that removing one set of gonads won’t immediately compel the body to switch tracks to a different puberty, which is where the next part of our story leads. I often helped my great grandfather with a variety of tasks. Notably, I helped him write out a lot of his information for tax purposes, which meant that I had access to a checking account that was relatively infrequently referenced. So, I took advantage of that, and funded my illicit acquisition of hormonal treatments via regular small transferrals into a paypal account. It was a lot of work, and a lot of stress, but I succeeded at it.

Baggy clothes and, after a while, ace bandages kept the physical changes out of question, since my voice had dropped early, and I made a point of feigning masculinity as much as possible to keep them from suspecting anything serious. Between the end of freshman year and the beginning of sophomore year, though, shit really hit the fan, as, although I kept my treatments a secret, I did end up getting dragged out of the closet by one particularly nasty line of questioning from my stepfather. Strong tensions started getting even worse, and, after they tried to pry into a section of my personal life I was especially keen on not bringing to light, I decided to run away to my dad’s to live full time.

Since I was nearly 16, they couldn’t really do anything legally, even though CPS wasn’t involved, I got my way, and stayed at my dad’s full time. We tried to address some of the affairs in front of a psychiatrist, but really I don’t think anything came of it other than a guarantee that I’m not bipolar. So that leads me to my last year in the modern world. Although the great grandpa gravy train was no longer funding me, I had managed to get a job with the church nursery that provided just enough monthly income to foot the bill. In addition to new housing arrangements, I transferred schools. It’s a funny story as to how I ended up going to the best school in the state. My dad sent in an application for me in semi-jest when I complained about how slow my school’s curriculum was moving, and thanks to a set of decent PSAT scores, some good grades under my belt, and, I assume, a great stroke of luck, I was accepted in. I made a lot of good friends, and, really, for probably the first time in my life I was doing pretty well. I had plans to head to Memorial University of Newfoundland and leave America, but I guess the universe had a cheekier way of sending me abroad.
What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: Survival at the moment, perhaps setting up an education system and building a functional life in the future.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: Qing Dynasty, Bourbon France, Communist Romania, Japanese Empire, Joseon Dynasty, Huey P. Long, Jimmy Smallwood, Antonio Salazar, St. Olga, Joseph Stalin
Why did you choose to land where you did?: I’m afraid I left myself to the mercy of https://miniwebtool.com/random-picker/
What vibe should we get from your civilization and its culture?: Hopefully something nice and industrialist. Steampunk is a pipe dream, but it might come to fruition eventually.
What are your character's motivations?: At the very least, finding a social niche to occupy. At the most, helping steer humanity towards global domination as one people. Another pipe dream is seeing my transition to proper “completion,” as I define it.
Theme Song?: Jalousie, Hei Haloo, Disobedient, Battle of Wuhan. Maybe I’ll keep adding and make a personal playlist.
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?: I’m eager for what’s already there, but if I think of anything notable, I’ll definitely bend your ear.

Congratulations, this might be the best app I have ever seen. Joseon Dynasty, Huey P. Long, Antonio Salazar - those are some choice aspirations right there.

ACCEPTED

Curious question, judging by Huey Long Dong and the battle of Wuhan... i'm gonna guess you're an HOI player?

Thank you so much!

Just recently started, as it would happen. Funnily enough, due to living in Louisiana and having a love of Chinese military music, I knew about them before I started playing.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:17 pm

I noticed the Steven Universe song too. Not gonna lie, it's a guilty pleasure of mine. I can't help it, those gay space rocks have just such compelling story arc :lol2:

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019

Postby Europa Undivided » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:27 pm

Joohan wrote:
Europa Undivided wrote:No more issues then?

You're accepted

*Excited screaming in Russian*
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:27 pm

Ok, Finally caught up on OOC.. that's what happens kids when you fall asleep at 8:30pm instead of your normal 2 am.

@Joohan, I'm gonna be TGing you shortly here regarding both the characters portrait thing and other general RP related stuff we were discussing prior to your absence.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:28 pm

Europa Undivided wrote:
Joohan wrote:
You're accepted

*Excited screaming in Russian*

* flash backs to Reznov breaking out of Vorkuta *

Don't... please don't do that again.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Postby Europa Undivided » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:30 pm

Joohan wrote:
Europa Undivided wrote:*Excited screaming in Russian*

By the way, do Christian states already exist here?

Coz Christ hasn't been born yet.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:36 pm

Europa Undivided wrote:
Joohan wrote:

Three actually:

The Imperium, Aksum, and the church of Camdens. All their own denominations!

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:41 pm

Europa Undivided wrote:
Joohan wrote:

Imagine the surprise He'll get.

egg

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:43 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:
Europa Undivided wrote:By the way, do Christian states already exist here?

Imagine the surprise He'll get.

It's our Christian duty to crucify him again to complete the cycle
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:44 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Imagine the surprise He'll get.

Plot twist, Jesus gets born in the Commonwealth...

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:45 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:It's our Christian duty to crucify him again to complete the cycle

Nobody has salvation from original sin until Jesus dies. :p

Joohan wrote:Plot twist, Jesus gets born in the Commonwealth...

I mean, neither Christ nor Buddha created something entirely anew - they were working out of the fabric of the dominant social paradigm of the society they lived in, respectively Judaism and Hinduism.

If some great mystic like Jesus gets born in the Commonwealth, I imagine he'd produce an interesting twist of the diverse Norse Germanic polytheist religious environment of the Commonwealth... or perhaps even a religious bent of Clara's own agnosticism.
Last edited by Plzen on Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:47 pm

Joohan wrote:
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:

"bruh"
- Jesus in the Commonwealth, probably

egg

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:55 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:
Joohan wrote:

"bruh"
- Jesus in the Commonwealth, probably

Martin Luther King Jr. get's born in Icedonia...

Lazarian
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lazarian » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:59 pm

Mind if I write Clara’s reply? I imagine her and Mark would have a rather brief communication, considering that she’s rather busy and Norway doesn’t seem super important. Probably just a retread of her letter to Turner.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:00 am

Lazarian wrote:Mind if I write Clara’s reply? I imagine her and Mark would have a rather brief communication, considering that she’s rather busy and Norway doesn’t seem super important. Probably just a retread of her letter to Turner.

Telegram me your draft and I'll revise it where necessary.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:27 am

Hey Reatra uhh, slavery in the PNW was kinda integral and my character doesn't want to interfere in native traditions only unify them. So uhh I hope you don't let this factoid get in the way of our future alliances.

egg

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:55 am

Jaesus, I haven’t checked in for about a day or 2 and there’s already about 20+ more pages
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

Europa Undivided
Minister

Postby Europa Undivided » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:22 am

Joohan wrote:
Europa Undivided wrote:By the way, do Christian states already exist here?

Three actually:

The Imperium, Aksum, and the church of Camdens. All their own denominations!

If that's the case, Moskva would be (predominantly) Christian as well within a few centuries.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:36 am

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Hey Reatra uhh, slavery in the PNW was kinda integral and my character doesn't want to interfere in native traditions only unify them. So uhh I hope you don't let this factoid get in the way of our future alliances.

The Great American War of Liberation, coming near you very soon...

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:46 am

Plzen wrote:
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Hey Reatra uhh, slavery in the PNW was kinda integral and my character doesn't want to interfere in native traditions only unify them. So uhh I hope you don't let this factoid get in the way of our future alliances.

The Great American War of Liberation, coming near you very soon...

FUCKING EUROPEANS, GET OUT OF OUR FUCKING CONTINENT, GODS FUCKING DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.

egg

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:26 am

I thought firearms literally started with a bamboo tube at the end of a pole loaded with black powder and shrapnel.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:47 am

Alaroma wrote:
Ralnis wrote:What's probably going to happen is that Ur wins with heavy losses, as usual, and Uruk surrenders once and for but those that it couldn't control becomes a NPCs themselves, which is another problem for the Queendom. But they wouldn't try to fight Ur after just slugging against their greatest rival.

Either way, we Aksumites May very well act as neutral nurses. (Ie set up medical facilities near battlefields) assuming there’s not a slaughter the entire enemy army mentality. If there is, uhhhh, we’ll just stick to preaching and trading. Actually this is a good time to set up some orphanages.

Doctoring is not neutral in early warfare, especially if you are treating warriors. Because it is close combat, those who survive tend to do better the next time. If enough people survive repeatedly, they tend to get better. During the crusades, the Hospitallers who built hospitals in the Holy Land and were celibate knights became some of the best fighters of the time period. Survivability was a big factor in this. The modern battlefield has a lot more distance weapons.

If you have better hygiene and can sew someone up and set broken limbs, etc., you get more functioning veterans.

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:41 am

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:
Plzen wrote:The Great American War of Liberation, coming near you very soon...

FUCKING EUROPEANS, GET OUT OF OUR FUCKING CONTINENT, GODS FUCKING DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.

EUROPEANS GO HOME
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse