NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations (2nd Era, OOC, Always Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should we carry on - ( comment what you voted after voting, THIS IS MANDATORY )

Poll ended at Mon May 11, 2020 5:40 am

1. Carry on in the year 2975
68%
2. Skip to the year 2970
14%
3. Skip to the year 2945
18%

Total votes : 22

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:35 pm

Joohan wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Courtesy of a pleasantly unexpected telegram conversation with Joohan, we've figured out a way to make a workable and nearly fully accurate app, so I retract my previous statement, and will be applying in due time. Given that I am not currently a doctor, I'm afraid I can't offer that resource to anyone, but I can offer a teenager who adores fiddling with writing systems, if anyone's still interested in new blood.

So I heard you like Autocracy...

Care to join the most, Orderly, nation in the world?

And where would this wonderful stalinist paradise be?

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:38 pm

Joohan wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Oh fuck misunderstanding! A friend drew this for me! But yes, these are Aksumite Royal Guard (and actual characters too.)

Yeah, I remeber posting that then reading a few posts down... and just being so dissappointed... you make me sad alamora...

But yeah, the big authors are gonna get messed up over this time skip. Now's the chance for Aksum to rise as the Constantinople of Africa.

Another timeskip?
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:39 pm

Joohan wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Oh fuck misunderstanding! A friend drew this for me! But yes, these are Aksumite Royal Guard (and actual characters too.)

Yeah, I remeber posting that then reading a few posts down... and just being so dissappointed... you make me sad alamora...

But yeah, the big authors are gonna get messed up over this time skip. Now's the chance for Aksum to rise as the Constantinople of Africa.

:unsure:

But yeah, Aksum really be out there doing it’s best.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:39 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:
Joohan wrote:

Another timeskip?

I think he means post time skip events. The last one
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:41 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Joohan wrote:
So I heard you like Autocracy...

Care to join the most, Orderly, nation in the world?

And where would this wonderful stalinist paradise be?

Icedonia!

We're England on the map. We've beautiful dreary british weather, a distaste for most furniture ( baring tables and modest beds - kind of Asian in inspiration ngl ), a penchant for polygamy, the most efficient and hard working bureaucracy in the world ( the Accantry ), the most professional army in world, the most ( per square mile ) developed territory in the Europe, a killer red on white color scheme ( just look at this flag ), and a... budding problem with racism ( but what great imperial power doesn't ). We're the lawful evil of this RP.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:42 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:
Joohan wrote:

Another timeskip?

This current 5 year iteration.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:47 pm

Joohan wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:And where would this wonderful stalinist paradise be?

Icedonia!

We're England on the map. We've beautiful dreary british weather, a distaste for most furniture ( baring tables and modest beds - kind of Asian in inspiration ngl ), a penchant for polygamy, the most efficient and hard working bureaucracy in the world ( the Accantry ), the most professional army in world, the most ( per square mile ) developed territory in the Europe, a killer red on white color scheme ( just look at this flag ), and a... budding problem with racism ( but what great imperial power doesn't ). We're the lawful evil of this RP.

Did somebody say...EMPIRE? Sounds like all you need to do is get some more tea-wishes, then you can go have a lovely time sending a corporation to take over India, and finally you’re set to rule an entire nation with two dapper lads and bicycle!

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:49 pm

Am I the first one to actually want to preserve ancient languages or something.
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:52 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Joohan wrote:
Icedonia!

Did somebody say...EMPIRE? Sounds like all you need to do is get some more tea-wishes, then you can go have a lovely time sending a corporation to take over India, and finally you’re set to rule an entire nation with two dapper lads and bicycle!

I mean... me and Hibernia ( Ireland on the map ) have set up the West European Company ( WEC ) to colonize western Europe...

And, ever since my war with the Imperium - I have been looking for an edge in the medical field to boost my population's over all health. I could use someone with practical medical skills. You would have some considerable resources at your disposale - and totally awesome aesthetic to work with.

Imagine the ideological mindset of Imperial Japan, the ruthless pragmatism of the Soviet Union, all upheld by some vaguely Scottish/Welsh militarists.
Last edited by Joohan on Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:53 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Am I the first one to actually want to preserve ancient languages or something.

Seems so yeah.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:53 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Am I the first one to actually want to preserve ancient languages or something.

No, I mean. Olivia speaks only in proto Arabic to her people - she's just writing it down in Latin characters
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:58 pm

Joohan wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Did somebody say...EMPIRE? Sounds like all you need to do is get some more tea-wishes, then you can go have a lovely time sending a corporation to take over India, and finally you’re set to rule an entire nation with two dapper lads and bicycle!

I mean... me and Hibernia ( Ireland on the map ) have set up the West European Company ( WEC ) to colonize western Europe...

And, ever since my war with the Imperium - I have been looking for an edge in the medical field to boost my population's over all health. I could use someone with practical medical skills. You would have some considerable resources at your disposale - and totally awesome aesthetic to work with.

Imagine the ideological mindset of Imperial Japan, the ruthless pragmatism of the Soviet Union, all upheld by some vaguely Scottish/Welsh militarists.

Sounds like a blast to me. Although I’m just a teenager, being trans and nerdy means I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time online learning about medical bits and bobs, so I might be able to at least help the effort!

I’d also love to preserve ancient languages, but with a few twists of my preference
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:58 pm

Joohan wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Did somebody say...EMPIRE? Sounds like all you need to do is get some more tea-wishes, then you can go have a lovely time sending a corporation to take over India, and finally you’re set to rule an entire nation with two dapper lads and bicycle!

IMPERIALISTS!
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:59 pm

Joohan wrote:
Alaroma wrote:

This is my new concept art.

Modern Aksumite Royal Guard equipment, left is Aolis, right is Crown Prince Aklilu.

I didn't realize until now that... you were the one painting these! I thought you just found those neat pictures on like Deviant art or something.

Guys!... we've got an artist!

All Hail!
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:00 pm

Joohan wrote:I mean... me and Hibernia ( Ireland on the map ) have set up the West European Company ( WEC ) to colonize western Europe...

Tsk tsk. That's a paddling.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:01 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Joohan wrote:I mean... me and Hibernia ( Ireland on the map ) have set up the West European Company ( WEC ) to colonize western Europe...

Excellent :evil:
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:04 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Joohan wrote:

Sounds like a blast to me. Although I’m just a teenager, being trans and nerdy means I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time online learning about medical bits and bobs, so I might be able to at least help the effort!

I’d also love to preserve ancient languages, but with a few twists of my preference

Sounds fantastic then! I'll start drawing up a more detailed map of Icedonia then - to provide regional layout, and give a feeling of what all is in the country. If you have any questions about dropping in, Icedonia, or just want some advice on the game in general, please feel free to ask!

As for language, the official language of state affairs and business is Andonian - conlang devised by Issac from most of central England's native dialects. Everyone speaks it as a second language however, usually holding preference to their own tribal tongue; you would have more than enough languages to record in that regard then.

I look forward to seeing your app!

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:05 pm

Kelmet wrote:

Excellent :evil:

Don't worry G, the WEC is a humanitarian operation.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:06 pm

Joohan wrote:
Kelmet wrote:Excellent :evil:

*Shines paddle
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:06 pm

Joohan wrote:
Kelmet wrote:Excellent :evil:

Icedonian humanitarianism? What, is that the part where the victims get eaten to prevent unnecessary waste?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:10 pm

Visiting Icedononia should be a doozy.
-Nuverkikstan

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:11 pm

Joohan wrote:

Icedonian humanitarianism? What, is that the part where the victims get eaten to prevent unnecessary waste?

As much as I hate to admit it, your invasion did bring out the better in Issac ( for tactile reasons of course ). The fact that some clans on our isle actually wound up swearing the oaths at one point out of fear, means that he can't use fear as a method of expansion anymore. Over the timeskip, we'll be taking notes from our new Hibernian partners and taking a more, diplomatic, approach to things. I.e., the Army will have dropped their policy of exterminations over this last timeskip. In time, this too will naturally lead to the end of the Conquered Women system.

Don't misinterpret this recent tender streak to be a sign of softening though - we've just become ruthless in more subtle ways.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:14 pm

Alaroma wrote:Visiting Icedononia should be a doozy.

Whalecom to IcAdonya! Do h'you like whet wheather and'a 'istory off Janociide? You'well lav us!

Fun fact, if you replace Icedonia with Britain - that sentence would still be 100% accurate!

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:15 pm

Joohan wrote:

As much as I hate to admit it, your invasion did bring out the better in Issac ( for tactile reasons of course ). The fact that some clans on our isle actually wound up swearing the oaths at one point out of fear, means that he can't use fear as a method of expansion anymore. Over the timeskip, we'll be taking notes from our new Hibernian partners and taking a more, diplomatic, approach to things. I.e., the Army will have dropped their policy of exterminations over this last timeskip. In time, this too will naturally lead to the end of the Conquered Women system.

Don't misinterpret this recent tender streak to be a sign of softening though - we've just become ruthless in more subtle ways.

Secret Police coming.
-Nuverkikstan

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:16 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Joohan wrote:

Secret Police coming.

Oh please, we're not the Commonwealth. We don't pussy foot around our authoritarianism - there's nothing secret about our death squads.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse