NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations (2nd Era, OOC, Always Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should we carry on - ( comment what you voted after voting, THIS IS MANDATORY )

Poll ended at Mon May 11, 2020 5:40 am

1. Carry on in the year 2975
68%
2. Skip to the year 2970
14%
3. Skip to the year 2945
18%

Total votes : 22

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:16 pm

Ignore the uhh, Tunisian Krakens running about and torching people they don't like in the name of Cthulhu, that's not important, yes uhh...
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:17 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:You truly are a Sith lord in the making.

Necessity remains!

-snip-
Last edited by Plzen on Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:18 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Ignore the uhh, Tunisian Krakens running about and torching people they don't like in the name of Cthulhu, that's not important, yes uhh...

Woah wait what? Someone explain the Krakens please? Because I’m taking care of the Orphans of their attacks in Crimea or something.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:19 pm

Alright, I've telegrammed Joohan, which means I'll probably pop out of here until I get an official OP answer. Thanks for the help, y'all!

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:20 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Alright, I've telegrammed Joohan, which means I'll probably pop out of here until I get an official OP answer. Thanks for the help, y'all!

UHHhhhh you might wanna ask G, Joohan is doing Military shit rn.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:21 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Ignore the uhh, Tunisian Krakens running about and torching people they don't like in the name of Cthulhu, that's not important, yes uhh...

Woah wait what? Someone explain the Krakens please? Because I’m taking care of the Orphans of their attacks in Crimea or something.

I may or may have not started a cult with my first author in the Cyclades pertaining to the worship of Cthulhu, and started torching people with his new cult. Hardliners went to Tunisia and nearby, author went to Cyprus to try and reboot the faith in order to make it more appealing to the masses (by editing a fuck ton of it making it unrecognizable, still got human sacrifice tho).

egg

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:22 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Alright, I've telegrammed Joohan, which means I'll probably pop out of here until I get an official OP answer. Thanks for the help, y'all!

UHHhhhh you might wanna ask G, Joohan is doing Military shit rn.

Ah, I'll send G a copy of the telegram I sent Joohan then. Thanks.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:23 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Woah wait what? Someone explain the Krakens please? Because I’m taking care of the Orphans of their attacks in Crimea or something.

I may or may have not started a cult with my first author in the Cyclades pertaining to the worship of Cthulhu, and started torching people with his new cult. Hardliners went to Tunisia and nearby, author went to Cyprus to try and reboot the faith in order to make it more appealing to the masses (by editing a fuck ton of it making it unrecognizable, still got human sacrifice tho).

And your guys attacked Crimea?

>Human sacrifice

Uhhhhh banned.
-Nuverkikstan

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm

Reatra wrote:I mean Plzen is literally right tho, tbh.

I can see both sides to be honest. Had the Commonwealth chosen less radical laws it wouldn't be in this predicament, likewise the Imperium is very aggressive in its approach to the issue. I can easily say, the Imperiums trying to dictate the Commonwealth laws, but that is a reasonable response to any laws a country has problems with another. Its usually just dealt in more peaceful ways nowadays (ie protests/economic sanctions). Really one could point out the Imperium lacks a decent real casus belli, which is why they are trying to make waves in the commonwealth to make them respond.

This is why I believe the issue is one of our more polarizing opinion ones, because both sides have some legitimate reasons to behave the way they are behaving. Its just that due to being more aggressive then what is most likely necessary, it has caused this rabbit hole into a irreversible situation, and will have to soon fight because of it.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:I may or may have not started a cult with my first author in the Cyclades pertaining to the worship of Cthulhu, and started torching people with his new cult. Hardliners went to Tunisia and nearby, author went to Cyprus to try and reboot the faith in order to make it more appealing to the masses (by editing a fuck ton of it making it unrecognizable, still got human sacrifice tho).

>Human sacrifice
Uhhhhh banned.

Crimea's too far away, we just stirred up the pot in the Cyclades, turning it into a religiously balkanized place when we left, a parting gift to Nestos.

egg

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:25 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:I may or may have not started a cult with my first author in the Cyclades pertaining to the worship of Cthulhu, and started torching people with his new cult. Hardliners went to Tunisia and nearby, author went to Cyprus to try and reboot the faith in order to make it more appealing to the masses (by editing a fuck ton of it making it unrecognizable, still got human sacrifice tho).

>Human sacrifice

Uhhhhh banned.

*points at the crucifix*

Then what's that? If he went willingly is that not human sacrifice?
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:27 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:
Alaroma wrote:And your guys attacked Crimea?
>Human sacrifice
Uhhhhh banned.

Crimea's too far away, we just stirred up the pot in the Cyclades, turning it into a religiously balkanized place when we left, a parting gift to Nestos.

Either way, that’s edgy asf, and we will steer clear from those psychos. My kiddies most certainly will.
-Nuverkikstan

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:27 pm

Righto, questions sent, hopefully I'll be joining y'all soon!

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:28 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Crimea's too far away, we just stirred up the pot in the Cyclades, turning it into a religiously balkanized place when we left, a parting gift to Nestos.

Either way, that’s edgy asf, and we will steer clear from those psychos. My kiddies most certainly will.

Ok bro, we'll just be setting up a state in Cyprus and bunkering in.
Don't go crusading there you lot, that goes for the rest of you in the Med.

egg

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:30 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Either way, that’s edgy asf, and we will steer clear from those psychos. My kiddies most certainly will.

Ok bro, we'll just be setting up a state in Cyprus and bunkering in.

I doubt we will, but there’s going to be a resistance to anything approaching normal relationships with you guys, because human sacrifice the ultimate gay.
-Nuverkikstan

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:34 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Ok bro, we'll just be setting up a state in Cyprus and bunkering in.

I doubt we will, but there’s going to be a resistance to anything approaching normal relationships with you guys, because human sacrifice the ultimate gay.

oracle bones > man on stick
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:35 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:-snip-

That, and the Imperium is in flagrant violation of the terms of our peace treaty. I suppose it is not unusual for a Christian to not consider himself bound by any promises or pledges made to non-Christians, historically speaking, but I’m still fairly surprised that they’re willing to be this blatant in their aggression.

Since the Imperium clearly as no intention of abiding by its terms, the Commonwealth will consider the agreement to have been dissolved, and thus the relations between the two polities return to the state existent prior to that agreement - a state of war.

We do not share the Imperial perspective that acts pronounced by the Commonwealth’s legitimate government can only be valid Commonwealth law if the Imperium, a foreign power, judges them to be inoffensive. We find that interpretation to be grossly contrary to the spirit of the agreement.
Last edited by Plzen on Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012

Postby Kelmet » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:40 pm

Plzen wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:-snip-

That, and the Imperium is in flagrant violation of the terms of our peace treaty. I suppose it is not unusual for a Christian to not consider himself bound by any promises or pledges made to non-Christians, historically speaking, but I’m still fairly surprised that they’re willing to be this blatant in their aggression.

Since the Imperium clearly as no intention of abiding by its terms, the Commonwealth will consider the agreement to have been dissolved, and thus the relations between the two polities return to the state existent prior to that agreement - a state of war.

We do not share the Imperial perspective that acts pronounced by the Commonwealth’s legitimate government can only be valid Commonwealth law if the Imperium, a foreign power, judges them to be inoffensive. We find that interpretation to be grossly contrary to the spirit of the agreement.

We just want bare minimum, for you not to target our people.

If you limited your "enforcement" to none imperials, G-tech would probably be okay with it.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:45 pm

Kelmet wrote:We just want bare minimum, for you not to target our people.

If you limited your "enforcement" to none imperials, G-tech would probably be okay with it.

If you want extraterritoriality for your people in the Commonwealth, well, first, no.

Second, even if we thought extraterritoriality was a good idea in general, we would not agree to it without it being reciprocated. If Imperial subjects in the Commonwealth are to be exempt from Commonwealth law, we will quite naturally demand that the reverse also be true - that the Imperium waive any right to persecute Commonwealth citizens for any act or omission contrary to Imperial law they commit while in the Imperium.

If you visit a country you are governed by the laws of that country. This is the norm in the 21st Century world we live in, so I have no idea why people think it’s some kind of absurd oppression.
Last edited by Plzen on Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:46 pm

Orostan wrote:
Alaroma wrote:I doubt we will, but there’s going to be a resistance to anything approaching normal relationships with you guys, because human sacrifice the ultimate gay.

What kind of sticks.

egg

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:48 pm

As much as Plzen wants to frame this as a religious conflict, it’s mostly over the arbitrary killing of Imperial citizens. My guess the Imperium and it’s Army isn’t entirely Christian, and what they’re being told as to why they’re fighting isn’t about Christianity.

It most definitely was anti clerical bigotry that drove the Imperial Killings in the Commonwealth, and its hard to reason otherwise. If it was just over them simply being Imperials, just bar Imperials from the country all together.
-Nuverkikstan

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:48 pm

Orostan wrote:
Alaroma wrote:I doubt we will, but there’s going to be a resistance to anything approaching normal relationships with you guys, because human sacrifice the ultimate gay.

Ngl I love oracle bones. Make sure you use the right ones! And tortoise shells also work.
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:51 pm

Plzen wrote:
Kelmet wrote:We just want bare minimum, for you not to target our people.

If you want extraterritoriality for your people in the Commonwealth, well, first, no.

Second, even if we thought extraterritoriality was a good idea in general, we would not agree to it without it being reciprocated. If Imperial subjects in the Commonwealth are to be exempt from Commonwealth law, we will quite naturally demand that the reverse also be true - that the Imperium waive any right to persecute Commonwealth citizens for any act or omission contrary to Imperial law they commit while in the Imperium.

If you visit a country you are governed by the laws of that country. This is the norm in the 21st Century world we live in, so I have no idea why people think it’s some kind of absurd oppression.

Plzen, any modern country that instead of imprisoning, just executed foreigners for saying things the Government didn’t like would piss the fuck off any nation. We get mad when people are jailed for preaching, let alone being executed. Plus most of these countries would probably deport these people. This isn’t just about laws and sovereignty, it’s about human rights.
-Nuverkikstan

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:55 pm

Alaroma wrote:-snip-

Your insistence on the label “arbitrary” for the enforcement of Commonwealth law enacted by the legitimate government of the Commonwealth by law enforcement institutions duly authorised by the same is growing tiresome.

Alaroma wrote:Plzen, any modern country that instead of imprisoning, just executed foreigners for saying things the Government didn’t like would piss the fuck off any nation. We get mad when people are jailed for preaching, let alone being executed. Plus most of these countries would probably deport these people. This isn’t just about laws and sovereignty, it’s about human rights.

So the United States is going to invade Thailand soon to correct its oppressive lese majeste laws that foreign tourists keep falling afoul of, right?

No. Of course not. Because that’s not how things work. 21st Century international relations have a healthy respect for the concept of national sovereignty, and it’s more notable when it’s violated.

And not to put a too fine point on it, but the Imperium agreed to respect that principle.
Last edited by Plzen on Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016

Postby Orostan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:56 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:
Orostan wrote:oracle bones > man on stick

What kind of sticks.

the cross kind

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:
Orostan wrote:oracle bones > man on stick

Ngl I love oracle bones. Make sure you use the right ones! And tortoise shells also work.

Yeah, they're very interesting things. I think traditional Chinese belief systems are going to play a pretty big role in how China interacts with the Christian world.
Last edited by Orostan on Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse