NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations (2nd Era, OOC, Always Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should we carry on - ( comment what you voted after voting, THIS IS MANDATORY )

Poll ended at Mon May 11, 2020 5:40 am

1. Carry on in the year 2975
68%
2. Skip to the year 2970
14%
3. Skip to the year 2945
18%

Total votes : 22

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:05 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ew. Filthy Communists.

Nobody can combat the World Revolution, for we have the power of drugs!

I did trade in opium at one point...
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:06 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Well, the random word picker has spoken. California gets a doctor!

Here's my congratulatory gift.

*Gives pox blanket*

If National Geographic is to be believed, smallpox probably doesn't exist rn, and if it does, it's probably as much a threat to the Old World as the new :shock:
yee haw it's time for mass line

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:08 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Nobody can combat the World Revolution, for we have the power of drugs!

I did trade in opium at one point...

Bruh, why.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:10 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I did trade in opium at one point...

Bruh, why.

Because drugs are cool? And opium dreams are DIVINATION
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:11 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Bruh, why.

Because drugs are cool? And opium dreams are DIVINATION

I’m gonna be taking you for rehabilitation. You can go home when you say “Crack is Whack” and all the other bad ones.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:12 pm

Reatra wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Here's my congratulatory gift.

*Gives pox blanket*

If National Geographic is to be believed, smallpox probably doesn't exist rn, and if it does, it's probably as much a threat to the Old World as the new :shock:

In all seriousness, Im saddened you ruined my joke :(
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:16 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Reatra wrote:If National Geographic is to be believed, smallpox probably doesn't exist rn, and if it does, it's probably as much a threat to the Old World as the new :shock:

In all seriousness, Im saddened you ruined my joke :(

smh you threaten to use biological warfare on innocent people and I'm the asshole :lol2:

lol, sorry, just your joke prompted me to look up when smallpox began as a human disease

It seems lots of major diseases either start ~10000 years ago or faar later during Antiquity.
yee haw it's time for mass line

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:33 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:Because drugs are cool? And opium dreams are DIVINATION

I’m gonna be taking you for rehabilitation. You can go home when you say “Crack is Whack” and all the other bad ones.

Out of my cold, cold, hands
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:37 pm

The Thracians were known for throwing hemp into fires and sitting down next to them. They also had good strong red wine. In a way, developing something like hot pepper laced smoke which the Aztecs used is kind of interesting. It would be the first use of nonlethal weaponry.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:38 pm

Alaroma wrote:I’m gonna be taking you for rehabilitation. You can go home when you say “Crack is Whack” and all the other bad ones.

You’ll be to high to stop us.
-Nuverkikstan

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:39 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I did trade in opium at one point...

Bruh, why.

Because I was planning on traveling to India to make a narco-state.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:40 pm

Alaroma wrote:

You’ll be to high to stop us.

If you seen the drunken fist, just wait until you see high-fu.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:53 pm

So the first battle is the Battle of Surn, the strongest of the Iron Gate which are three large castles that border Ur and Uruk. Should Ur smack one then they will be getting into the heartland of Uruk and going to do the siege of Larsa and fight them. Expect crazy Nestosian engineering and Uruk tactics.
Last edited by Ralnis on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:58 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Bruh, why.

Because I was planning on traveling to India to make a narco-state.

*Sees India in a post*
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:00 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Because I was planning on traveling to India to make a narco-state.

*Sees India in a post*

It's a sold plan B since I can be an empire an exile type of thing.

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:05 pm

Posted. Please tell me what you think of my posts and how they can be improved. The next post will involve Aaron being taken into the city of Luoyang.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:09 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:
*Sees India in a post*

It's a sold plan B since I can be an empire an exile type of thing.

You could, though I'm currently holding posts, so I can't really advance my storyline beyond Early Summer 2975 atm. So, if you do arrive in the region try and blend in for the time being. Or use one of the southern cities as a home base.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:13 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Ralnis wrote:It's a sold plan B since I can be an empire an exile type of thing.

You could, though I'm currently holding posts, so I can't really advance my storyline beyond Early Summer 2975 atm. So, if you do arrive in the region try and blend in for the time being. Or use one of the southern cities as a home base.

Oh no, I don't mean Indus, I mean the actual Subcontinent. I actually have mapped out half of the coastline and Sri Lanka in case I have to do a Plan B. But Indus is cool.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:15 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

Oh no, I don't mean Indus, I mean the actual Subcontinent. I actually have mapped out half of the coastline and Sri Lanka in case I have to do a Plan B. But Indus is cool.

Oooh, yes please. Get a coastal Empire going! The southern coastal region in India is full of spices. Do it!

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:16 pm

Ralnis wrote:So the first battle is the Battle of Anhur, the strongest of the Iron Gate which are three large castles that border Ur and Uruk. Should Ur smack one then they will be getting into the heartland of Uruk and going to do the siege of Larsa and fight them. Expect crazy Nestosian engineering and Uruk tactics.

Of course, Scholar Etana listed a few crazy things. I would imagine the rotating trebuchet base would be developed as well as the double siege crossbow, a crossbow with a little more punch based on the double bow. Pull it along in a big war cart and you have your first mobile artillery. Or just have a way to transport pieces quickly. There are also a few things which have been used before, the siege ramp. If you wanted to be historically accurate like the Khmer, you would have units on the back of elephants. This is a historical example of a triple siege crossbow. It is a Chinese weapon. Note the iron and heavy hide lamellar armor on the troops, possibly rhinoceros hide or water buffalo.

I would imagine treachery would be in order.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019

Postby Europa Undivided » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:41 pm

Europa Undivided wrote:I will put the biography later. :3

Author Applicaiton
Name: Nikolai Aleksandr Sapohznik
Height and Weight: 5'8"
Skin, hair, and eye description: Nikolai has the fair skin typical to people of Slavic descent, though he has the black hair that his mixed Levantine heritage grants. His eyes are a dim grey.
Picture:

Prior Profession: College Student
Level of education: He finished bachelors in Psychology and was in his second year for Journalism. He also had crash courses in Business Administration. It should also be noted that he knows a TON of history and practical science due to self education and YouTube.
Physique description: It can be said that Nikolai won the genetic lottery; he doesn't need to workout too much to maintain his form (which is not super impressive either, mind you). He isn't particularly a heavy lifter, but he compensates with the mind that he has.
Useful skills: He has a great stock of knowledge in practical science, which means he pretty much knows how to make concoctions like gunpowder and cement (not that he can do it himself, he just knows the procedures) Also, his knowledge of administration and history lets him govern quite well, along with (very shaky given that the history of the world will be shaped by authors) being able to predict what will happen in the future.

National Origin: American; fourth generation Russian Jewish immigrant.
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: He was writing the next chapter in his book entitled "Never Forget", a collection of interviews on multiple Holocaust survivors that he spoke to. He was making it into a novel.
Description of personality: Nikolai is a clever joker, perhaps best known for his love of memes on history and science. He has many strange interests, and is seen as strange as a result. However, he is also a flaunter of his superior intellect and looks down on those that don't understand in his level, giving him a mixed reputation. Still, he is ostensibly caring and defensive for those he sees as a friend or as equals, but other people that are not as close don't receive the same treatment, and may even be seen with contempt if they had assaulted him in the past.
Where in the world are you landing?: Near modern day Moscow, Russia.

Autobiography/Biography: Nikolai Sapohznik was born in New York City as the first child of Piotr Andreevich Sapohznik and Isabella Clark. He had two siblings after himself: Grigory and Catherine. Growing up, he proved himself to be especially intelligent in the sciences, though he was a no show in the arts (except for singing, he's a crazy good tenor). He was homeschooled due to his asthmatic tendencies, and as a result finished junior high school in just two years instead of the standard four years. At age 16, he entered colñege in New York, where he excelled in general and finished at age twenty. It was in his second course that he met the love of his life; a girl by the name of Elizabeth Turner. What's more is that she was his first and last, and in their junior year he finally proposed to her while being surrounded by their friends and some professors, to which she said yes. It should be noted, however, that Nikolai is, for the lack of a better word, a pretty conservative person, and he pretty much forbade Elizabeth from night life. This produced some... Let's say, friction between them as they neared graduation, but Elizabeth would see that her boyfriend's thinking is for the best. As all of this went on, he spent most of his free time learning about things that most people wouldn't consider useful.

What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: To create a unified Slav nation stretching from Russia to Poland down to Bulgaria. Never mind that they haven't migrated to most of those places yet; these lands will be ours given enough time.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: The peoples of Eastern Europe, of course. Oh, and the Levant.
Why did you choose to land where you did?: Düring the days of the Russian Empire, his ancestors lived near Krakow, and when anti-Jewish persecution heightened under the czarist regime, that is when they fled to America.
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?: Take Russia and Poland and make them convert to Judaism (ala Khazar Khaganate). Also make them convert to Christianity when the time comes.
What are your character's motivations?: He knows most of the events that would eventually transpire in history, and when the time comes, he wishes for Eastern Europe to be a powerful safe haven for the Jews while the rest of the world persecutes them.
Theme Song?: One Million Voices by Two Steps from Hell
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?:

Finished.
Last edited by Europa Undivided on Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:55 pm

Europa Undivided wrote:What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: To create a unified Slav nation stretching from Russia to Poland down to Bulgaria. Never mind that they haven't migrated to most of those places yet; these lands will be ours given enough time

Oh, that is very likely to put you in fairly early conflict against all the Commonwealth’s puppet governments trusted allies.

Welcome to this RP!
Last edited by Plzen on Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:58 pm

If anyone has any suggestions on how I can improve my RP, I'm all ears.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:59 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:
Ralnis wrote:So the first battle is the Battle of Anhur, the strongest of the Iron Gate which are three large castles that border Ur and Uruk. Should Ur smack one then they will be getting into the heartland of Uruk and going to do the siege of Larsa and fight them. Expect crazy Nestosian engineering and Uruk tactics.

Of course, Scholar Etana listed a few crazy things. I would imagine the rotating trebuchet base would be developed as well as the double siege crossbow, a crossbow with a little more punch based on the double bow. Pull it along in a big war cart and you have your first mobile artillery. Or just have a way to transport pieces quickly. There are also a few things which have been used before, the siege ramp. If you wanted to be historically accurate like the Khmer, you would have units on the back of elephants. This is a historical example of a triple siege crossbow. It is a Chinese weapon. Note the iron and heavy hide lamellar armor on the troops, possibly rhinoceros hide or water buffalo.

I would imagine treachery would be in order.

No doubt, think Nux may help me secure some war elephants since the ones I use are more labor extensive. If they use that.

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:16 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Alaroma wrote:You’ll be to high to stop us.

If you seen the drunken fist, just wait until you see high-fu.

I am tempted to actually make a signature just so I can add this to a quote list.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse