NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations (2nd Era, OOC, Always Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How should we carry on - ( comment what you voted after voting, THIS IS MANDATORY )

Poll ended at Mon May 11, 2020 5:40 am

1. Carry on in the year 2975
68%
2. Skip to the year 2970
14%
3. Skip to the year 2945
18%

Total votes : 22

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:44 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Idk man, they're seperated by an entire ocean and the Med, I'm pretty sure as long as you don't use them to your advantage you can do that, or something.

Nah, just send someone or your own Author down to Ur once the whole war is cleared up and we can talk about gunpowder and gun/cannon/rocket development.

Alaroma wrote:Ngl gunpowder knowledge is kinda lame, hurts the vibe. Whatever tho.

Not really, I mean the Imperium will be in our neighborhood soon and the Near East needs whatever edge it can get. Besides it will take years to actually put that stuff into any sort of good weaponry.

I mean, fair. Either way, is there anything Aksum can do to help Sumer in it’s crusade? I feel that’s a fair question.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:47 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Nah, just send someone or your own Author down to Ur once the whole war is cleared up and we can talk about gunpowder and gun/cannon/rocket development.

Not really, I mean the Imperium will be in our neighborhood soon and the Near East needs whatever edge it can get. Besides it will take years to actually put that stuff into any sort of good weaponry.

I mean, fair. Either way, is there anything Aksum can do to help Sumer in it’s crusade? I feel that’s a fair question.

Supplies, coin, and volunteers. All will be accepted and paid back on a later date.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:50 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Alaroma wrote:I mean, fair. Either way, is there anything Aksum can do to help Sumer in it’s crusade? I feel that’s a fair question.

Supplies, coin, and volunteers. All will be accepted and paid back on a later date.

Maybe supplies and coin in the form of valuable commodities, however no volunteers besides advisors. Though Aksumites will be around as Merchants and Missionaries.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:52 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Supplies, coin, and volunteers. All will be accepted and paid back on a later date.

Maybe supplies and coin in the form of valuable commodities, however no volunteers besides advisors. Though Aksumites will be around as Merchants and Missionaries.

Religiously balkanized Sumer moment
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:53 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Supplies, coin, and volunteers. All will be accepted and paid back on a later date.

Nah, no merchants or missionaries I'm afraid. Advisors will help and valuable commodities can help buy mercs.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:54 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Maybe supplies and coin in the form of valuable commodities, however no volunteers besides advisors. Though Aksumites will be around as Merchants and Missionaries.

Nah, no merchants or missionaries I'm afraid. Advisors will help and valuable commodities can help buy mercs.

Wait you mean no other Aksumites in the country?
-Nuverkikstan

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:59 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Nah, no merchants or missionaries I'm afraid. Advisors will help and valuable commodities can help buy mercs.

Wait you mean no other Aksumites in the country?

Oh no, I didn't mean it like that. Just that the government would be interested in sending you on to the frontlines making sure that no other rebel forces get through proclaiming they to are Aksumites.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:02 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Wait you mean no other Aksumites in the country?

Oh no, I didn't mean it like that. Just that the government would be interested in sending you on to the frontlines making sure that no other rebel forces get through proclaiming they to are Aksumites.

Alright so no merchants or missionaries in Government warfare. I assumed that, but nice for confirmation.

But not I’m just saying what Aksumites May be generally doing in the area.
-Nuverkikstan

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:36 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:
UniversalCommons wrote:Just as a note the first crusaders are the followers of the Great Bull and the Celestial Goddesss who seek to destroy the dark waters of the Kraken menace. Remember you must not eat the devil octopuss, your soul will be saved by sunshine, the four daily prayers to the north, east, west, and south. The hammer of the righteous shall smite those foreign sinners.

Must panic a lot during directionless cloudy days now do you lot?

They go down to the ocean and beat the waves to drive away the darkness and evil spirits.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:40 pm

Commons, we need that cult for the gunpowder. Once the secrets are Sumers and/or Nestos' then do what must be done. :p

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:46 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Must panic a lot during directionless cloudy days now do you lot?

They go down to the ocean and beat the waves to drive away the darkness and evil spirits.

Meanwhile I make a post for the peeps over there.
-Nuverkikstan

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:02 pm

Ralnis wrote:Commons, we need that cult for the gunpowder. Once the secrets are Sumers and/or Nestos' then do what must be done. :p

Gunpowder, I was thinking more like tear gas and sulfur dioxide, something which I used earlier. The cult got away. Plant irritants picked, dried, ground up, distilled and boiled again until they leave a fine residue which is mixed with sulfur and pitch to make an irritant gas. Distillates of black pepper, onions and other plants. An upgrade.

Also weapon poisons, snake venom, aconite, hellebore, and other distillates for spears and arrows. All the way from incapacitants to killing weapons.

Maybe even a scene with a blowgun.

Something that fits with my botanical theme.

Also scorpion bombs.

I have a retired Hand who has named himself Snake who keeps a poison garden and a cages for venomous animals to think of.

The other thing is the double piston flamethrower which we were working on.

Also war dogs and probably a few African Forest Elephants in the style of Hannibal.

We have to hunt down the cult.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019

Postby Europa Undivided » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:40 pm

This has my interest.

What if I create the Grand Duchy of Muscovy 3000 years early, hmmm?
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:41 pm

Europa Undivided wrote:This has my interest.

Yes :)
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:52 pm

Well, the random word picker has spoken. California gets a doctor!

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:53 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Well, the random word picker has spoken. California gets a doctor!

Here's my congratulatory gift.

*Gives pox blanket*
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:54 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Well, the random word picker has spoken. California gets a doctor!

Here's my congratulatory gift.

*Gives pox blanket*

*makes vaccines and gives syphilis*

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:59 pm

Ew. Filthy Communists.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:06 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

Ew. Filthy Communists.

Nobody can combat the World Revolution, for we have the power of drugs!

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:12 pm

Rigged election.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Postby Europa Undivided » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:17 pm

Kelmet wrote:
Europa Undivided wrote:This has my interest.

Yes :)

Alrightey.

A college professor will be the first Tsar of all of Russia.

Btw, where do I post my app when I'm done? I don't see any in this OOC.

Edit: Nvm saw em
Last edited by Europa Undivided on Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:51 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ew. Filthy Communists.

Nobody can combat the World Revolution, for we have the power of drugs!

What have I done?
-Nuverkikstan

Europa Undivided
Minister

Postby Europa Undivided » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:54 pm

I will put the biography later. :3

Author Applicaiton
Name: Nikolai Aleksandr Sapohznik
Height and Weight: 5'8"
Skin, hair, and eye description: Nikolai has the fair skin typical to people of Slavic descent, though he has the black hair that his mixed Levantine heritage grants. His eyes are a dim grey.
Picture:

Prior Profession: College Professor
Level of education: Masters in Analytical Chemistry. He also had crash courses in Business Administration. It should also be noted that he knows a TON of history due to self education and YouTube.
Physique description: It can be said that Nikolai won the genetic lottery; he doesn't need to workout too much to maintain his form. He isn't particularly a heavy lifter, but he compensates with the genius mind that he has.
Useful skills: He is a master in chemistry, which means he pretty much knows how to make concoctions like gunpowder and cement. Also, his knowledge of administration and history lets him govern quite well, along with (very shaky given that the history of the world will be shaped by authors) being able to predict what will happen in the future.

National Origin: American; fourth generation Russian Jewish immigrant.
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: He was writing the next chapter in his book entitled "Never Forget", a collection of interviews on multiple Holocaust survivors that he spoke to. He was making it into a novel.
Description of personality: Nikolai is a clever joker, perhaps best known for his love of memes on history and science. He has many strange interests, and is seen as strange as a result. However, he is also a flaunter of his superior intellect and looks down on those that don't understand in his level, giving him a mixed reputation. Still, he is ostensibly caring and defensive for those he sees as a friend or as equals, but other people that are not as close don't receive the same treatment, and may even be seen with contempt if they had assaulted him in the past.
Where in the world are you landing?: Near modern day Krakow, Poland.

Autobiography/Biography: Nikolai Sapohznik was born in New York City as the first child of Piotr Andreevich Sapohznik and Isabella Clark. He had two siblings after himself: Grigory and Catherine. Growing up, he proved himself to be especially intelligent in the sciences, though he was a no show in the arts (except for singing, he's a crazy good tenor). At age 18, he entered Stanford University in Great Britain, where he excelled in general. It was in Stanford that he met the love of his life; a Brit girl by the name of Elizabeth Turner. What's more is that she was his first and last, and in their junior year he finally proposed to her while being surrounded by their friends and some professors, to which she said yes. It should be noted, however, that Nikolai is, for the lack of a better word, a pretty conservative person, and he pretty much forbade Elizabeth from night life. This produced some... Let's say, friction between them as they neared graduation, but Elizabeth would see that her boyfriend's thinking is for the best.

18 years on, they have been married for 10 years. Nikolai landed himself the position of professor in one of New York's colleges, while Elizabeth was being a painter in the house that got paid five digit payments whenever some organization wanted her to make a mural on their walls. Their first daughter, Yekaterina, has been doing well in elementary, until... The day came when Nikolai went up to their bed room and never came back...
What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: To create a unified Slav nation stretching from Russia to Poland down to Bulgaria. Never mind that they haven't migrated to most of those places yet; these lands will be ours given enough time.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: The peoples of Eastern Europe, of course. Oh, and the Levant.
Why did you choose to land where you did?: Düring the days of the Russian Empire, his ancestors lived near Krakow, and when anti-Jewish persecution heightened under the czarist regime, that is when they fled to America.
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?: Take Russia and Poland and make them convert to Judaism (ala Khazar Khaganate). Also make them convert to Christianity when the time comes.
What are your character's motivations?: He knows most of the events that would eventually transpire in history, and when the time comes, he wishes for Eastern Europe to be a powerful safe haven for the Jews while the rest of the world persecutes them.
Theme Song?: One Million Voices by Two Steps from Hell
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?:
Last edited by Europa Undivided on Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:59 pm

Europa Undivided wrote:-Tsardom Snip-

How dare your theme song not be the vodka-induced coma that is Rasputin
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:00 pm

oh shit really??

hahahaha yesssssssss
yee haw it's time for mass line

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse