NATION

PASSWORD

After the Legends, A New Tale of the Round Table (OOC) OPEN

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:08 pm

United Formosa wrote:I have added a spoiler with my connection to Sir Gingalain and Pucelle aux Blanches Mains.

SaintB's internet is down and undergoing repairs but he will check the fixed app on monday at the latest
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

United Formosa
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Formosa » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:20 pm

Kyraina wrote:
United Formosa wrote:I have added a spoiler with my connection to Sir Gingalain and Pucelle aux Blanches Mains.

SaintB's internet is down and undergoing repairs but he will check the fixed app on monday at the latest

Thank yall very much. I hope to be participating shortly.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:39 am

United Formosa wrote:(If having two characters is banned somewhere in the rules I appologise. I did not see anything against it and thought this might be a fun idea.)

NS Name: United Formosa
Character Name: Osweald ''Priest Hater'' Jorviksson, (alternatively Osweald One-Arm)
Culture: Anglosized Geat
Connection to the Knights of the round table
It is common knowledge that Sir Gingalain married Queen Esmerée the Fair, and an educated few know of his connection to the Pucelle aux Blanches Mains, but it is a well guarded secret that gallant Sir Gingalain produced a son during his final congress with the fae. Even after all she had done to aid him in winning the tournament and personal glory for himself Sir Gingalain chose a mortal over her. After the child was born it served as a constant reminder of her lost love and she could never bring herself to feel love towards it. Still, she had no wish to murder the babe, so instead she travelled far from Christian lands, into the realms where the spirit world was still respected to find a new home for her son. The local spirits told her of a simple, pious man who lived in the forest carving stones whose wife was unable to conceive. She approached him in his dreams and promised him good fortune and secret knowledge if he would raise the child as his own, but he was forced to promise to keep the boy away from the kingdom of Arthur. If he ever set foot in the land of his birth, she would curse the family. He was to never know who his real father was or where he came from. Jorvik agreed and did his best to protect his son from gaining an interest in the outside world. He was eventually blessed with a daughter, but the cruel hand of fate pulled the boy to his homeland and brought to pass the dreaded curse Pucelle aux Blanches Mains warned of.

Biography:

Osweald and his sister Astrid grew up in the cold ,rocky forests of Tiveden.
His father was a rough simple man of no great ambition. Outside of his work as a runestone carver he seemed to lack passion entirely, except on rare nights when the wind blew just right and the mead flowed too freely, Jorvik would spin grand tales for his children; sagas of noble warriors, fair maidens, and vexing and treacherous spirits. Jorvik knew these stories well from carving some of them hundreds of times, others from wandering skalds, or grateful patrons with whom he would often dine, but his son obsessed over them. Osweald would beg at any chance he had to break his fathers otherwise stoic, task focused demeanour and his whole face would turn red with excitement if his father succumbed. Often his father would use such tales to lure the boy into helping him carve stones, and learn the art. Whenever traders from the coast would pass through the area he would pester them mercilessly for news about far off lands and stories of the sea-raiders.

As Osweald grew older he would sneak away from home to spend time with the sailors and warriors returning from over seas. Like them he marked himself with pagan tattoos and symbols of Odin’s realm, the largest of which were runic spells for power and wealth that ran down the length of his sword arm. Against his father’s wishes when he became old enough to join the raids himself he enthusiastically volunteered, but found reality to be much harsher and less glamorous than the sagas. He threw up the first time he saw someone torn asunder, and was cruelly mocked. Though his stomach would steel over time his appetite for senseless violence was quickly quenched. He returned home with more silver than he could carry , but his time away would prove to be hubris. A neighbouring chieftain had conquered the forests and sold the inhabitants into slavery. With the pluder stolen from Christian lands he was able to secure his sister’s freedom, but the chieftain betrayed him and wanted double for his father.

Osweald used the remainder of his money to reequip himself and set out for one last adventure to reunite his family, but the Gods are cruel and the cross stands tall. After some minor success the raiding party Osweald was a part of was ambushed by catholic mercenaries and destroyed. Osweald and his sister were taken captive. He was brought to the bishop of Lindisfarne for trial, but when it was discovered that he could read and write the pagan runes his live was spared in exchange for his lifelond devotion to the church. As a mark of his new commitment to Christ his sword arm, bearing the mark of Odin and the runic spells, was amputated; neutralizing his combat abilities, as well as being a powerful reminder of his new masters. Eventually Astrid was able to bribe Osweald to freedom, but poverty stricken and crippled, they were forced to roam their new island home looking for the wealth to save their father. Oswealds hatred for the church never lessened and his frequent outbreaks of violence against the clergy have given him his rightly deserved moniker.

RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=343563#p24824977
Possessions: woad, red ink, carving tools, linen armor with chain shirt, Geatish short sword

Do not touch this text 4869 Do not touch this text 4869 Do not touch this text 4869

I find this acceptable. Pardon me while I get my internet sorted out.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

United Formosa
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Formosa » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:12 am

SaintB wrote:
United Formosa wrote:(If having two characters is banned somewhere in the rules I appologise. I did not see anything against it and thought this might be a fun idea.)

NS Name: United Formosa
Character Name: Osweald ''Priest Hater'' Jorviksson, (alternatively Osweald One-Arm)
Culture: Anglosized Geat
Connection to the Knights of the round table
It is common knowledge that Sir Gingalain married Queen Esmerée the Fair, and an educated few know of his connection to the Pucelle aux Blanches Mains, but it is a well guarded secret that gallant Sir Gingalain produced a son during his final congress with the fae. Even after all she had done to aid him in winning the tournament and personal glory for himself Sir Gingalain chose a mortal over her. After the child was born it served as a constant reminder of her lost love and she could never bring herself to feel love towards it. Still, she had no wish to murder the babe, so instead she travelled far from Christian lands, into the realms where the spirit world was still respected to find a new home for her son. The local spirits told her of a simple, pious man who lived in the forest carving stones whose wife was unable to conceive. She approached him in his dreams and promised him good fortune and secret knowledge if he would raise the child as his own, but he was forced to promise to keep the boy away from the kingdom of Arthur. If he ever set foot in the land of his birth, she would curse the family. He was to never know who his real father was or where he came from. Jorvik agreed and did his best to protect his son from gaining an interest in the outside world. He was eventually blessed with a daughter, but the cruel hand of fate pulled the boy to his homeland and brought to pass the dreaded curse Pucelle aux Blanches Mains warned of.

Biography:

Osweald and his sister Astrid grew up in the cold ,rocky forests of Tiveden.
His father was a rough simple man of no great ambition. Outside of his work as a runestone carver he seemed to lack passion entirely, except on rare nights when the wind blew just right and the mead flowed too freely, Jorvik would spin grand tales for his children; sagas of noble warriors, fair maidens, and vexing and treacherous spirits. Jorvik knew these stories well from carving some of them hundreds of times, others from wandering skalds, or grateful patrons with whom he would often dine, but his son obsessed over them. Osweald would beg at any chance he had to break his fathers otherwise stoic, task focused demeanour and his whole face would turn red with excitement if his father succumbed. Often his father would use such tales to lure the boy into helping him carve stones, and learn the art. Whenever traders from the coast would pass through the area he would pester them mercilessly for news about far off lands and stories of the sea-raiders.

As Osweald grew older he would sneak away from home to spend time with the sailors and warriors returning from over seas. Like them he marked himself with pagan tattoos and symbols of Odin’s realm, the largest of which were runic spells for power and wealth that ran down the length of his sword arm. Against his father’s wishes when he became old enough to join the raids himself he enthusiastically volunteered, but found reality to be much harsher and less glamorous than the sagas. He threw up the first time he saw someone torn asunder, and was cruelly mocked. Though his stomach would steel over time his appetite for senseless violence was quickly quenched. He returned home with more silver than he could carry , but his time away would prove to be hubris. A neighbouring chieftain had conquered the forests and sold the inhabitants into slavery. With the pluder stolen from Christian lands he was able to secure his sister’s freedom, but the chieftain betrayed him and wanted double for his father.

Osweald used the remainder of his money to reequip himself and set out for one last adventure to reunite his family, but the Gods are cruel and the cross stands tall. After some minor success the raiding party Osweald was a part of was ambushed by catholic mercenaries and destroyed. Osweald and his sister were taken captive. He was brought to the bishop of Lindisfarne for trial, but when it was discovered that he could read and write the pagan runes his live was spared in exchange for his lifelond devotion to the church. As a mark of his new commitment to Christ his sword arm, bearing the mark of Odin and the runic spells, was amputated; neutralizing his combat abilities, as well as being a powerful reminder of his new masters. Eventually Astrid was able to bribe Osweald to freedom, but poverty stricken and crippled, they were forced to roam their new island home looking for the wealth to save their father. Oswealds hatred for the church never lessened and his frequent outbreaks of violence against the clergy have given him his rightly deserved moniker.

RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=343563#p24824977
Possessions: woad, red ink, carving tools, linen armor with chain shirt, Geatish short sword

Do not touch this text 4869 Do not touch this text 4869 Do not touch this text 4869

I find this acceptable. Pardon me while I get my internet sorted out.

Thank you, im very excited to be a part of this. Im going to go work on my first post now.

Vas Evaland
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Vas Evaland » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:27 am

NS Name: Vas Evaland (Your nation name or preferred nickname used for easy app tracking)
Character Name: Clovis of Tournai (The name of your character)
Culture: Frank (Are a Briton, a Breton, a Gael, Frank, Saxon, something else?)
Gender: Male (Whatever gender your character presents, male, female, neuter)
Biography: In 503, at Tournai, Clovis of Tournai was born to Otto, Duke of Tournai, and an unknown wife. He wasn't descended from a Knight of the Round Table, but Clovis wanted to be a Knight of the Round Table when he was 16. He is an ambitious man, wanting to make a "Kingdom of the Brits" for a while now. He is also a brave man. (Write a minimum two paragraphs about your character. Include things like where they came from, when they were born, which Knight of the Round Table you are descended from, and any information about their personality and lifestyle you find relevant. Any pictures of your character should also go here.)
RP Example: Clovis of Tournai, a brave prince he is, went into battle, and started to throw his sword at his enemies. (Pick your RP example from any RP you want to or write your own sample; link directly to a post that you wrote and not to the OP or OOC of an RP you were in. If you write a sample please put it in a spoiler.)
Possessions: He owns a silver sword, a bow, arrows, and a mace for weapons, princely clothes, and the royal 'Armor of the Tournai Royalty'. (Any weapons, armor, musical instruments, clothing, and et. all that belongs to your character should be added here.)

How 'bout I do anyway?

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:25 am

Ok, guys. Here is my situation... I live in the middle of nowhere USA where the population density is like 10 people per square mile and there are more farmers fields than houses. I have been struggling with my ISP to get them to repair my internet connection since mid March. I will get my connection back for a few days and then it goes back down again. Over the last month I've had an internet connection an average of 3 days a week. While I'm at work I have been too busy to post on NS and check on this RP, I can't get my Discord channel to work, and I have had a lot going on in my life despite that fact that all I'm doing is going to work and staying at home.

I have sadly made the decision to postpone this RP even though its not what I want to do. you all have been great with your IC posts and patient with me being AFK for literal weeks, but I cannot run an NS RP right now and I'm sorry for all if this.

I will be rebooting After the Legends at some point in the future this year and I will make sure to send an invite to every one of you who joined this RP when I do so. So sorry for this guys.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse