NATION

PASSWORD

Outcome: A Post-WW3 RP [OOC] [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:24 pm

Not to be a downer, but I thought I'd reserved the US with my earlier post? I haven't had time to throw up an app bit was planning to do so tonight. If reservations are a no go here then fair enough, but just figured I'd ask to be safe.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:50 pm

New Demorvian wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:So, what would Africa be like?

Africa didn't really deal with much of the damage, although there are some border changes.

Ok...
Hey, remember that one Evangelion but not Evangelion RP you made once that you deleted and I was going to be the Illuminati but it's not a world controlling shadow cabal but actually just a group that wanted to "enlighten" the world that was mainly based in Africa?

Could that work?
Yugoslavia's back baby...

How the hell did this happen?
Well...we don't actually know. Just sort of happened one day.
Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

New Demorvian
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby New Demorvian » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:01 pm

Bentus wrote:Not to be a downer, but I thought I'd reserved the US with my earlier post? I haven't had time to throw up an app bit was planning to do so tonight. If reservations are a no go here then fair enough, but just figured I'd ask to be safe.

There are no reservations here.

New Demorvian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Demorvian » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:02 pm

New yugoslavaia wrote:
New Demorvian wrote:Africa didn't really deal with much of the damage, although there are some border changes.

Ok...
Hey, remember that one Evangelion but not Evangelion RP you made once that you deleted and I was going to be the Illuminati but it's not a world controlling shadow cabal but actually just a group that wanted to "enlighten" the world that was mainly based in Africa?

Could that work?

Something similar could work.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:02 pm

NS Name: Commonwealth of Bentus
Formal Nation Name: The Republic of China
Informal Nation Name: Taiwan
Description or Map of Territory: Taiwan, Fujian, Guangdong, Jiangxi, Zhejiang, Guangxi, Guizhou, Hunan are states represented in the Republic
Capital City: Lin’an (formerly Huangzhou)
Link To National Anthem: Link
Flag: Link
Current Ruling Political Party: Democratic Progressive Party
Current Head of State: Cui Da

Ideology:
Social Liberalism - “Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong.”
Free Trade - “The idea of capitalism is not just success, but also the failure that allows success to happen.”
Republicanism - “As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy.”w
Sovereign Integrationism - “The empire, long divided, must unite; long united, must divide.”

History Since 2019:
The 21st Century was supposed to be the Asian Century, but instead the region found itself left reeling and bloody in the aftermath of the Third World War. Millions had died in a scale of conflict that the world had never seen, as the chaos of new century tore old alliances asunder and ushered in a new geopolitical reality. Around the globe, the horrifying period went down in infamy as both the incredible loss and heroism that were displayed during it were remembered. But, for the Republic of China, the Third World War came to be viewed as the grim continuation of a century of civil strife.

As the world sat down to pick up the pieces from the devastation, the Republic found itself with mainland possessions for the first time in generations. In another time, the event might have been a time of triumph, but instead the celebrations were focused on the arrival of peace rather than conquest. Seeing the war that had raged on their doorstep, and with an acute awareness that such a disaster would only repeat itself if allowed, the political foundations of the Republic underwent a seismic shift towards a singular, perhaps impossible goal: never again.

In the territory that it occupied after the war, Taiwan treated its new citizens as equals rather than a conquered enemy. The nation presented the outcome as a reunification of brethren and went as far as to relocate its capital from Taipei to the renamed city of Lin’an in order to compare itself to the Song Dynasty of old. The victors reached out to their former foes with aid and support as all sides sought to rebuild, and in the aftermath of such total devastation, the optimistic ideology was contagious. Pursuing a herculean effort to remodel their society with the embrace of free market laws and the overhaul of local government administrations, the economy of the new Republic of China went through an explosion of growth that has since been compared to the Japanese Miracle- a fact that is unsurprising to many experts, considering that it was used as an example by the administrators and technocrats who crafted the effort. For many in the Republic, the lessons of the past were looked upon in a new light for advice and guidance on how not only their nation - but the world - might avoid the path that had led to World War 3. As such, it is with little surprise that the Republic’s diplomats were horrified by the Treaty of New York.

Blatantly one-sided, the representatives of the small Asiatic nation warned of its similarities to the ill-fated Treaty of Versailles, and urged for appropriate changes to be made. Even though their pleas fell on deaf ears, Taiwan’s diplomats managed to draw at least some comfort from the reformation of the United Nations and the long-awaited elimination of nuclear weapons. The treaty that was hailed at bringing an end to the war was ultimately seen in Taiwan as a half-hearted effort that would only kick the can down the road. Regardless, this reality incentivised the new Republic’s politicians to push for their own versions of a “Lasting Peace” in their region.

What ultimately emerged was the ideology of Sovereign Integrationism. Pushed in particular by the DPP, the new foreign policy took a long term look at Chinese history as well as both the failures and successes of the defunct European project. Seeing how Europe had at first managed to bring an age of peace and prosperity to its people through an economic community, the Chinese noted that the European Union’s lofty ideals had come crashing down as it slowly began to subsume its member states. The DPP saw a similarity to the long history of China as it constantly united and divided itself in wars and conflicts, and came to believe that the dominance of a single central state over such a large population and area would eventually become corrupted and authoritarian. Instead, they pushed for a family of sovereign Asian nations, promoting a form of patriotism that sought to reign in the excesses of nationalism. This policy manifested itself in open, friendly relations and aid to its former regional foes, as well as attempts to lower trade barriers within Asia while calling for the creation of an Asian (or at the very least, Chinese) single market.

Overview of Nation's Economy: Implementing capitalist and free market reforms in the reunified mainland territories, the Republic of China nevertheless sought to maintain a limited social safety net. Especially after so many had suffered for so long, the new policy nurtured a sense of patriotism in the new country while also contributing to a period of rapid economic growth. Much like Japan in the aftermath of the Second World War before it, the Republic of China underwent nothing short of an economic miracle as the industrial and scientific heartland of Taiwan supported the reconstruction efforts of the mainland. Today, the Republic of China is an industrialised, rapidly developing economy with a thriving service and research sector within Taiwan.

Overview of Nation's Political Structure: A vibrant representative democracy, the Republic of China has two legislative chambers as well as both an independent judiciary and an executive. Following unification, the Republic’s internal political divisions were restructured to loosely resemble that of the United States, with each of the former provinces and Taiwan itself maintaining limited local governments - although ultimate sovereignty was retained by the central authority.

Overview of Foreign Relations:
The Entente - Having been one of the allied powers in the Third World War, the Republic of China maintains cordial relations with most of the other victors. In particular, the shed blood of Japanese, Korean and American forces on shared beaches has kindled a lingering friendship between their governments. Unfortunately, the same good graces cannot be said with regard to the Eurasian Federation. The Russians - perhaps more than anyone - treated their fellow Chinese as a threat to be crushed and dismantled. Although the Republic has raised its concerns and complaints about Eurasia’s increasing encroachment within East Asia, it has increasingly come to view the global power as a new colonial force.

The Beijing-Brussels Pact - Although viewing the collapsed European Superstate as no longer a threat following the Treaty of New York, the Republic of China nevertheless harbours some lingering animosity to what it views as fallen colonial invaders. However, it has actively sought to mend its long and troubled relationship with the People’s Republic, openly supporting their reconstruction with foreign aid and pushing for free trade and economic integration between them so as to make any future conflict unthinkable.

Name of Armed Forces: Republic of China Armed Forces
Land Army Name and Size: ROC Army, 300k
Navy Name and Size: ROC Navy, 60k
Air Force Name and Size: ROC Air Force, 100k
Other Military Branches: ROC Marine Corps, ROC Military Police, ROC Joint Logistics Command, ROC Armed Forces Reserve, ROC Space Force
GDP in $US (PPP): $24.202 trillion
Whoo-wee, you definitely made it interesting to try and pull a figure out of that hat for this one. Though, the geeky nerd in me really enjoyed crunching the numbers so I figured I’d put my method up here. I ended up calculating the above by considering the Japanese Economic Miracle after World War Two. From the Wikipedia article, Japan’s economy in 1946 was 27% of its pre-war state, and 350% following the recovery efforts in 1960. Considering only 10 years has elapsed from the war rather than 14, I scaled this growth by 10/14 to get a net increase of 250% versus the pre-war economy. With that established, the next step was figuring out what the pre-war gdp was for the Republic.

Using this Wikipedia reference, I was able to find GDP PPP values for the Chinese provinces listed in the OP. Unfortunately, they are current values and don’t account for the growth that China would have experienced to its peak in the war. But that’s probably ok, since going off of the OP the international community seems to have been far less inclined to help the defeated powers compared to Japan after WW2, so we can just account for this in the reduced growth of these values. The estimate can be made additionally conservative by neglecting any growth in Taiwan post 2024 and taking its value to be that listed here.

After all that, presto! You end up with approximately $24 trillion as the golden number. I bet there’s other ways to go about getting this calculated and I’m curious what others are doing/would do?

Estimated Population: 430.36 million
Other Information: Would love to set up some existing relations with other PC nations. Any existing treaties/tensions would be awesome! In particular, I was unsure whether or not folks would be down to already have an Asian Free Trade Area or Economic Community, or if it’d be better to leave that for the IC.
08092020 TRACKING PURPOSES
Last edited by Bentus on Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

New Demorvian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Demorvian » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:48 pm

Zjaum wrote:Ooh, me likey. Tag.

Hilariously, last November I wrote a military thriller about a hypothetical war, pitting Brazil and Chile against Argentina, where Brazil takes Buenos Aires and becomes the victor. As a result, I will be playing as Chile.

Just a quick question: does Argentina try to blitz the Falklands before or after Brazil declares war on them? It seems like a tactically asinine decision to make an enemy of the United Kingdom immediately following a declaration of war from a stronger power. If those events were reversed, it would make Brazil an opportunist rather than making both Brazil and Argentina irrational actors.
Argentina was the one trying to be an opportunist by invading the Falklands.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:37 pm

Bentus wrote:NS Name: Commonwealth of Bentus

Okay, I think I've wrapped up the app. Let me know if I forgot anything - would also be down to discuss any pre-existing foreign relations.
Last edited by Bentus on Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Greater Redosia
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:39 pm

Bentus wrote:

Okay, I think I've wrapped up the app. Let me know if I forgot anything - would also be down to discuss any pre-existing foreign relations.

Hello non-China, it is I, the true China. I'm sure we can understand our relationship despite it being complicated due to the internal problems I am facing.
Member of the Cobalt Network
Want to join? Click here!

RPs I'm currently in:

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:48 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:Hello non-China, it is I, the true China. I'm sure we can understand our relationship despite it being complicated due to the internal problems I am facing.

Howdy, Redosia (I mean, other-China ;) )!

Should definitely be doable. The ROC has sort of thrown its hands in there and taken a more liberal look at the whole "One China" idea. They did some mental gymnastics and decided that while there is a single China, that doesn't mean it has to be a single country per se. Rather, why not family of countries all cooperating within a single community of sovereign nations?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

New Demorvian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Demorvian » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:07 pm

Description or Map of Territory: Taiwan, Fujian, Guangdong, Jiangxi, Zhejiang, Guangxi, Guizhou, Hunan are states represented in the Republic
Capital City: Lin’an (formerly Huangzhou)
Link To National Anthem: Link
Flag: Link
Current Ruling Political Party: Democratic Progressive Party
Current Head of State: Cui Da

Ideology:
Social Liberalism - “Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong.”
Free Trade - “The idea of capitalism is not just success, but also the failure that allows success to happen.”
Republicanism - “As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy.”w
Sovereign Integrationism - “The empire, long divided, must unite; long united, must divide.”

History Since 2019:
The 21st Century was supposed to be the Asian Century, but instead the region found itself left reeling and bloody in the aftermath of the Third World War. Millions had died in a scale of conflict that the world had never seen, as the chaos of new century tore old alliances asunder and ushered in a new geopolitical reality. Around the globe, the horrifying period went down in infamy as both the incredible loss and heroism that were displayed during it were remembered. But, for the Republic of China, the Third World War came to be viewed as the grim continuation of a century of civil strife.

As the world sat down to pick up the pieces from the devastation, the Republic found itself with mainland possessions for the first time in generations. In another time, the event might have been a time of triumph, but instead the celebrations were focused on the arrival of peace rather than conquest. Seeing the war that had raged on their doorstep, and with an acute awareness that such a disaster would only repeat itself if allowed, the political foundations of the Republic underwent a seismic shift towards a singular, perhaps impossible goal: never again.

In the territory that it occupied after the war, Taiwan treated its new citizens as equals rather than a conquered enemy. The nation presented the outcome as a reunification of brethren and went as far as to relocate its capital from Taipei to the renamed city of Lin’an in order to compare itself to the Song Dynasty of old. The victors reached out to their former foes with aid and support as all sides sought to rebuild, and in the aftermath of such total devastation, the optimistic ideology was contagious. Pursuing a herculean effort to remodel their society with the embrace of free market laws and the overhaul of local government administrations, the economy of the new Republic of China went through an explosion of growth that has since been compared to the Japanese Miracle- a fact that is unsurprising to many experts, considering that it was used as an example by the administrators and technocrats who crafted the effort. For many in the Republic, the lessons of the past were looked upon in a new light for advice and guidance on how not only their nation - but the world - might avoid the path that had led to World War 3. As such, it is with little surprise that the Republic’s diplomats were horrified by the Treaty of New York.

Blatantly one-sided, the representatives of the small Asiatic nation warned of its similarities to the ill-fated Treaty of Versailles, and urged for appropriate changes to be made. Even though their pleas fell on deaf ears, Taiwan’s diplomats managed to draw at least some comfort from the reformation of the United Nations and the long-awaited elimination of nuclear weapons. The treaty that was hailed at bringing an end to the war was ultimately seen in Taiwan as a half-hearted effort that would only kick the can down the road. Regardless, this reality incentivised the new Republic’s politicians to push for their own versions of a “Lasting Peace” in their region.

What ultimately emerged was the ideology of Sovereign Integrationism. Pushed in particular by the DPP, the new foreign policy took a long term look at Chinese history as well as both the failures and successes of the defunct European project. Seeing how Europe had at first managed to bring an age of peace and prosperity to its people through an economic community, the Chinese noted that the European Union’s lofty ideals had come crashing down as it slowly began to subsume its member states. The DPP saw a similarity to the long history of China as it constantly united and divided itself in wars and conflicts, and came to believe that the dominance of a single central state over such a large population and area would eventually become corrupted and authoritarian. Instead, they pushed for a family of sovereign Asian nations, promoting a form of patriotism that sought to reign in the excesses of nationalism. This policy manifested itself in open, friendly relations and aid to its former regional foes, as well as attempts to lower trade barriers within Asia while calling for the creation of an Asian (or at the very least, Chinese) single market.

Overview of Nation's Economy: Implementing capitalist and free market reforms in the reunified mainland territories, the Republic of China nevertheless sought to maintain a limited social safety net. Especially after so many had suffered for so long, the new policy nurtured a sense of patriotism in the new country while also contributing to a period of rapid economic growth. Much like Japan in the aftermath of the Second World War before it, the Republic of China underwent nothing short of an economic miracle as the industrial and scientific heartland of Taiwan supported the reconstruction efforts of the mainland. Today, the Republic of China is an industrialised, rapidly developing economy with a thriving service and research sector within Taiwan.

Overview of Nation's Political Structure: A vibrant representative democracy, the Republic of China has two legislative chambers as well as both an independent judiciary and an executive. Following unification, the Republic’s internal political divisions were restructured to loosely resemble that of the United States, with each of the former provinces and Taiwan itself maintaining limited local governments - although ultimate sovereignty was retained by the central authority.

The Entente - Having been one of the allied powers in the Third World War, the Republic of China maintains cordial relations with most of the other victors. In particular, the shed blood of Japanese, Korean and American forces on shared beaches has kindled a lingering friendship between their governments. Unfortunately, the same good graces cannot be said with regard to the Eurasian Federation. The Russians - perhaps more than anyone - treated their fellow Chinese as a threat to be crushed and dismantled. Although the Republic has raised its concerns and complaints about Eurasia’s increasing encroachment within East Asia, it has increasingly come to view the global power as a new colonial force.

The Beijing-Brussels Pact - Although viewing the collapsed European Superstate as no longer a threat following the Treaty of New York, the Republic of China nevertheless harbours some lingering animosity to what it views as fallen colonial invaders. However, it has actively sought to mend its long and troubled relationship with the People’s Republic, openly supporting their reconstruction with foreign aid and pushing for free trade and economic integration between them so as to make any future conflict unthinkable.

Name of Armed Forces: Republic of China Armed Forces
Land Army Name and Size: ROC Army, 300k
Navy Name and Size: ROC Navy, 60k
Air Force Name and Size: ROC Air Force, 100k
Other Military Branches: ROC Marine Corps, ROC Military Police, ROC Joint Logistics Command, ROC Armed Forces Reserve, ROC Space Force
GDP in $US (PPP): $24.202 trillion
Whoo-wee, you definitely made it interesting to try and pull a figure out of that hat for this one. Though, the geeky nerd in me really enjoyed crunching the numbers so I figured I’d put my method up here. I ended up calculating the above by considering the Japanese Economic Miracle after World War Two. From the Wikipedia article, Japan’s economy in 1946 was 27% of its pre-war state, and 350% following the recovery efforts in 1960. Considering only 10 years has elapsed from the war rather than 14, I scaled this growth by 10/14 to get a net increase of 250% versus the pre-war economy. With that established, the next step was figuring out what the pre-war gdp was for the Republic.

Using this Wikipedia reference, I was able to find GDP PPP values for the Chinese provinces listed in the OP. Unfortunately, they are current values and don’t account for the growth that China would have experienced to its peak in the war. But that’s probably ok, since going off of the OP the international community seems to have been far less inclined to help the defeated powers compared to Japan after WW2, so we can just account for this in the reduced growth of these values. The estimate can be made additionally conservative by neglecting any growth in Taiwan post 2024 and taking its value to be that listed here.

After all that, presto! You end up with approximately $24 trillion as the golden number. I bet there’s other ways to go about getting this calculated and I’m curious what others are doing/would do?

Estimated Population: 430.36 million
Other Information: Would love to set up some existing relations with other PC nations. Any existing treaties/tensions would be awesome! In particular, I was unsure whether or not folks would be down to already have an Asian Free Trade Area or Economic Community, or if it’d be better to leave that for the IC.

Accepted

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:16 pm

New Demorvian wrote: - snip-
Accepted

Whoo! Looking forward to the IC already.

How are NPC countries going to be handled btw? For any interactions with them should we go through you?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

New Demorvian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Demorvian » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:22 pm

Bentus wrote:
New Demorvian wrote: - snip-
Accepted

Whoo! Looking forward to the IC already.

How are NPC countries going to be handled btw? For any interactions with them should we go through you?

They will go through me or a CO-OP that I will choose later. IC will be up sometime tomorrow.

Greater Redosia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:28 pm

Bentus wrote:
Greater Redosia wrote:Hello non-China, it is I, the true China. I'm sure we can understand our relationship despite it being complicated due to the internal problems I am facing.

Howdy, Redosia (I mean, other-China ;) )!

Should definitely be doable. The ROC has sort of thrown its hands in there and taken a more liberal look at the whole "One China" idea. They did some mental gymnastics and decided that while there is a single China, that doesn't mean it has to be a single country per se. Rather, why not family of countries all cooperating within a single community of sovereign nations?

Third Chinese United Front

RPs I'm currently in:

Antityranicals
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:41 pm

New Demorvian wrote:
Antityranicals wrote:NS Name: The Free Land of Antityranicals
Formal Nation Name: The United States of America
Informal Nation Name: The US, USA, America, United States
Description or Map of Territory: Current US Borders plus all of Canada except Quebec. Puerto Rico was also granted statehood
Capital City: Washington DC
Link To National Anthem: The Star-Spangled Banner
Flag: A similar flag to the 2020 US flag, but with sixty stars instead of fifty.
Current Ruling Political Party: The Republican Party
Current Head of State: President Josh Hawley
Ideology: President Hawley is center-right economically, and moderately authoritarian socially.
History Since 2019: After emerging from the second American Civil War and WWIII, The United States attained a superpower status similar to that which it had after WWII. In 2028, Ted Cruz was elected the 47th President of the United States, succeeding Mike Pence. He served for eight years in the most conservative administration in the history of the United States, whose achievements included the passage of the 28th amendment, which declared all human embryos and fetuses as US citizens, thus banning abortion, and the 29th amendment, which banned wealth taxes and income taxes of more than 30%. In 2036, Josh Hawley was elected 48th President of the United States, and led a far more moderate administration. More details on politics, economics, and foreign policy below.
Overview of Nation's Economy: The nation's infrastructure and economy suffered greatly in the Civil War, but has recently reached massive levels of prosperity. With the massive deregulations of the economy and tax cuts under the Republican administration of the early 2030s came economic growth unheard of in the United States in recent history, reaching double digit percentage GDP growth in 2035. Eventually, the economy hit a minor recession in 2036, but has since returned to over 5% GDP growth.
Overview of Nation's Political Structure: The recession of 2036, while minor, brought about multiple parties each claiming that they had the solution to preventing future recessions. The Libertarian party blamed manipulation by the Federal Reserve, while the Socialist and Technocratic parties blamed the liberalization of the economy. Technocrats supported the full management of the economy by AI. Socialists were mixed on this, but supported nationalization of major industries, while Libertarians supported abolition of the Federal Reserve and repeal of the 16th amendment, which was pushed for under the Cruz administration, but failed. All three opposition parties largely opposed the Republican party's social positions, with the Socialist and Technocratic parties openly condemning the 28th amendment, and the Libertarian party split between support and opposition. Both socialists and libertarians were also opposed to the Second War on Drugs, the number one priority of the Hawley administration's domestic policy.
Overview of Foreign Relations: The United States holds a very close relationship with the UK, both having agreed to repeal all tariffs between the two nations. They also are very friendly with Japan. Most other major powers the US views with suspicion, though they are nowhere near war at the beginning of 2040.
Name of Armed Forces: The United States Armed Forces,
Land Army Name and Size: The United States Army, 650k
Navy Name and Size: The United States Navy, 500k
Air Force Name and Size: The United States Air Force, 300k
Other Military Branches: The United States Coast Guard, 150k The United States National Guard, 250k The United States Space Force, 3k
GDP in $US: $37 Trillion
Estimated Population: 410,000,000
Other Information: The United States is more stereotypically 'Merica than ever before; having won a big war, Americans who didn't secede are largely fiercely patriotic.

The population is a bit too high. After all, 20 million Americans died in WW3. But otherwise, accepted.

Well, you've got to include Canada too... And there was a baby boom after the World War II. But anyway, does 390,000,000 work better?
Last edited by Antityranicals on Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Compass: Right: 9.94, Libertarian: -5.84
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:44 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:Third Chinese United Front

Hah, pretty much. Though I could see the ROC's friendly relations with Korea and Japan causing issues, especially if the PRC tries to spark some conflict in the region. But things wouldn't be fun to rp if it was all smooth sailing :3

Also, would it be worth setting up a Discord channel for this? I can see how some plotting and scheming might quickly clog up the OOC.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

New Demorvian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Demorvian » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:55 pm

Antityranicals wrote:
New Demorvian wrote:The population is a bit too high. After all, 20 million Americans died in WW3. But otherwise, accepted.

Well, you've got to include Canada too... And there was a baby boom after the World War II. But anyway, does 390,000,000 work better?

Sure

New Demorvian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Demorvian » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:57 pm

Bentus wrote:

Hah, pretty much. Though I could see the ROC's friendly relations with Korea and Japan causing issues, especially if the PRC tries to spark some conflict in the region. But things wouldn't be fun to rp if it was all smooth sailing :3

Also, would it be worth setting up a Discord channel for this? I can see how some plotting and scheming might quickly clog up the OOC.

Someone could set one up if they want to.

Greater Redosia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:16 pm

Bentus wrote:

You fool, it's the Koreans and the Japanese that ruined China, just like Europeans, and the Russians, and the Mongols, and the Chinese. Got damn it the Chinese ruined China!

RPs I'm currently in:

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:34 pm

Hey when I get the time I think I might app for Japan if it isn't already taken.
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

Zjaum
Senator

Founded: Oct 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:15 am

NS Name: Zjaum
Formal Nation Name: Republica de Chile
Informal Nation Name: Chile
Description or Map of Territory: 2019 boundaries of Chile, the whole of Tierra del Fuego, and all territory underneath it, including Antarctican territory.
Capital City: Antofagasta
Link To National Anthem: Himno Nacional de Chile
Flag: Image
Current Ruling Political Party: Renovación Nacional
Current Head of State: Ricardo Raul Fuentes-Sanchez
Ideology: Gremialismo
History Since 2019:
January 2020: Protests in Chile reach an all-time high. Plebiscite scheduled for April 2020, in order to draft a new Constitution.
February 2020: President Donald J Trump is assassinated. Sebastián Piñera, similarly an eccentric right-wing billionaire president, doubles security and authorizes the use of tear gas against the protesters. Plebiscite canceled, by executive order.
March 2020: In an effort to save face on behalf of the center-right coalition Chile Vamos, Renovación Nacional replaces Unión Demócrata Independiente as the leading party. This raises tension between the president, a UDI member, and the rest of his base.
April 2020: Socialist coup attempts to overthrow the Chilean government. It fails, spectacularly. Piñera attempts to use this as an attempt to swing support back towards his side. This also fails spectacularly.
May 2020: Piñera suffers a heart attack. He is treated inside the Palacio de la Moneda. He survives, but, despite his protests, Chile Vamos reopens the impeachment process closed exactly half a month before. Understanding that no international support is likely to come from the United States, the center-left opposition coalition Nueva Mayoría calls for an end to the protests. They are unsuccessful.
June 2020: Piñera is ousted. Rather than placate the protesters, this only encourages them towards asking for more radical demands. Namely, they demand that Piñera be stripped of his wealth. Piñera is succeeded by Gonzalo Fernando Blumel Mac-Iver, a member of yet another center-right party within the Chile Vamos coalition. The Chilean government is quiet as it scrambles to pick up the political fragments scattered by the previous twelve months.
August 2020: The Chilean presidency is one assassination away from installing a Socialist Party president. Another assassination attempt fails. Rather than escalate the situation, Blumel approached a band of protesters in an attempt to speak to them, and to offer an olive branch. This results in a third, impromptu, successful assassination.

Slight detour and rewind
May 2020: California secedes from the United States. Within two weeks, the councils of 20 of California's 58 counties vote to split from California to form the State of Jefferson. While not recognized by the United States, they create a fierce resistance behind enemy lines.
June 2020: Eureka falls to Yreka. Militia groups sprout up in defense of the State of Jefferson. The most notorious, the "Sons of Paradise," attempt to cut off Sacramento from San Francisco in an attempt to surround and capture the capital. They successfully blockade the most direct routes, capturing Davis and Vacaville, but Sacramento still maintains dozens of ways to obtain supplies, including roadways from the south and by helicopter.
July 2020: Though the Jefferson forces had a larger army per capita, and a better equipped/trained army, the Californian forces had a larger army, and a more technologically advanced army. Vacaville and Davis are recaptured, and momentum seems to swing back hard against the State of Jefferson.
August 2020: The Sons of Paradise smuggle themselves out through Eureka, giving San Francisco and Los Angeles a wide berth. They restock in Mexico, making valuable connections there. The Sons of Paradise, believing Mexico to be too close to California for comfort, vote to move to Chile and resume their voyage southward.

September 2020: After thirty years of absence, the military junta makes a comeback. The Sons of Paradise land in Chile. Rural Chilean militia rise out of fear of the violent protests in the larger cities. An upstart army commander, Hector Miguel Rojas-Soto, unites these two factions and the portion of military under his control and march into Antofagasta, occupying the city and quelling dissidents. Within a week, Santiago suffers the same fate. Hector Rojas declares himself dictator and obtains the support of the army and the rural regions.
October 2020: Brazil declares war on Argentina. Chile is invited to join. Hector Rojas accepts, and the Sons of Paradise begin training the local militias on guerilla tactics. For now, no new advances come from either side. Hilariously, Rojas's more legal-minded supporters form a constitutional convention, on the exact schedule of the plebiscite considered one year ago.
November 2020: Chile's thrust into war ironically returns her to normalcy. Industry resumes, protesters return to work, even if under threat of force, and the government begins work on a new constitution. Chile realizes for the first time the global scale of the war, and the Rojas regime cuts all exports to China. This damages the industry, but the military pays for the excess material for use in military equipment.
December 2020: Chile's new constitution is signed into law by Hector Rojas and regional supporters from all across Chile, bringing an end to the internal unrest that plagued the country and killed hundreds. Chile's primary focus is now self-sufficiency; its secondary focus is tackling the Argentine menace.
Year 2021: Chile becomes energy and food independent. Nearly all cereal grains and beef have been cut off from Chile, but the food deficits are compensated by increases in other food sectors. Chile's GDP rises, as the militias train. Argentina makes an incursion into Chile, promising to "liberate" Santiago. The incursion, poorly organized and given a tenth of the resources reserved for the Brazilian front, is quickly routed. Chile gains a morale victory, while the opposition becomes silent. Protests are declared to be anti-Chilean and outlawed. Public support lies with the coup.
Year 2022: Chile begins its first excursion into Argentine lands. The Chilean fleet cuts off Tierra del Fuego from mainland Argentina, and transports send three battalions of militiamen onto the island. The Chilean army is not involved, but the air force provides reconnaissance and support. The garrison for the island is token; the island falls in a matter of days. Chile claims Tierra del Fuego and all Argentine territory to its south. Chile honors the ceasefire.
2023-2025: Chile, in remembrance of the Sons of Paradise, announces that it will open its borders to refugees trying to escape the nuclear winter in the Northern Hemisphere. Tens of thousands of paranoid migrants, fearing that the nuclear winter was only the beginning, arrive in Chile on a loose collection of ships. The vessels are confiscated by the Chilean navy as troop transports, and Chile falls back beneath food and energy self-sufficiency. Chile focuses on recovering those statuses during this time period. The second excursion, now with the full support of all three branches of the Chilean military, crosses the Andes in an attempt to take Mendoza. They are met with limited success. The death toll was heavy, as the Argentinians used the advantage of the natural choke point that is the route through the mountains, but the Chilean forces were too large and well-organized to lose against the smaller garrison. Mendoza is captured, and troops begin to move through.
2026-2028: Mendoza is now a well-fortified bastion. Using Mendoza as a base, troops launch major offensives against the Argentine encampments, ultimately to victory. Rojas becomes a national hero, and he channels praise of his regime to praise of the Pinochet regime. Both dictators are memorialized in Chilean culture.
2030-2035: Chile resumes trade with distant old enemies such as China and Europe. Chile amends its Constitution to vow never to be dependent on any foreign power for food or energy. The Sons of Jefferson are given means for safe passage home, but they refuse. Their leader declares: "Chile es el hongar nuestro ahora." This sentiment helps blur the gap between foreign immigrant and Chilean native, allowing for a smooth integration process.
2035-Present: Rojas proclaims that his rule will not outlast Pinochet's, and he resigns on the 16th anniversary of his own coup. In his place, the Renovación Nacional's Ricardo Fuentes ascends to power.

Overview of Nation's Economy: Chile is, first and foremost, a self-sufficient nation. It is reliant on no one else for its food or energy. Beef is a rare delicacy, to be sure, but fish is far and away the main source of protein. Chile has few natural resources with regards to power, so renewable energy is surprisingly common. Outside of food and energy, Chile has a vast wealth of minerals. Before the war, Chile was far and away the top exporter of copper. It remains so after the war, with copper production only increasing. Because of the devastation in China, Chile has taken large and effective steps to take over the low tech industry. Small, privately-owned, government-subsidized businesses have sprouted up across the country, specifically away from the cities.
Overview of Nation's Political Structure: Chile has a warmer relationship with dictatorships than those of any other nation. Her dictatorships were characterized by the least amount of death, the most amount of growth, and the best of living conditions for the populace. While she has returned to democracy, public sentiment is surprisingly open to authoritarianism. Military culture is on the rise in Chile, with the Prussian Guard and the Sons of Jefferson recruiting at record paces. The new republic is fledgling, attempting to collect the best voting structures and democratic ideas from the greatest political theorists across the globe, driven to peak performance in order to win public respect.
Argentina: Chile had always had a rocky relationship with Argentina, since before Pinochet. After the [urlhttps://www.un.org/depts/los/LEGISLATIONANDTREATIES/PDFFILES/TREATIES/CHL-ARG1984PF.PDF]1984 Treaty of Peace and Friendship[/url] n the 90s and early 00s, the tensions died down, and the semblance of tolerance was sustained. Then WWIII occurred, and Chileans realized that Argentina was their true enemy all along. There was no amicability from the start! The Chileans vowed never to make that same mistake again.
Bolivia: They lost to Chile in the War of the Pacific. They tried to topple Chilean power but proved too weak to do so. They were neutered in the 1850s, and they've only grown weaker. Chileans look down on them.
Peru: Peru poses next to Bolivia in photo shoots so that Peru could look strong and powerful. Chile knows the truth; Peru was a co-belligerent in the War of the Pacific. Peru lost in WWIII, and all Chile needed to do was station a small garrison to the north. Let Peru live; they are small potatoes.
Brazil: Brazil was an ally of convenience. In truth, Chile would rather be an ally to Uruguay than a friend to that strange Portuguese nation. Now that Argentina cowers in a corner, Brazil may be the next great rival, just as the USSR and the USA were one century ago. Oh well; drink and be merry for now.
United States: The birthplace of the Sons of Jefferson. They do hope that the Jeffersonians get their sovereign state within the United States, but the United States will always have amicable relations with Chile. Especially since they beat back the Californians! Pompous pricks...
China: China was a good trading partner. It was with a heavy heart that Chile pulled the plug on Chinese supplies, but China is more than welcome to share in the trade of South America once again. Whether that feeling is mutual doesn't matter to the Chileans.
The numbers with asterisks (*) were taken from the difference between the two current militaries of Argentina and Chile, as researched and posted here. While there were more actors than just Chile and Argentina, I am assuming that Chile and Argentina are trading off resources on a strictly 1:1 ratio, and assuming negligible military industry.
Name of Armed Forces: Fuerzas Armadas de Chile:
Land Army Name and Size: Ejército:
*700 Armored Vehicles
100,000 professional personnel
50,000 reserves
50,000 militia volunteers
Navy Name and Size: Armada:
*20 Fleet Strength:
*2 Submarines
*10 Frigates
8 Amphibious Assault Vessels
Air Force Name and Size: Fuerza Aérea:
*55 Aircraft in total:
*20 Combat Aircraft
*21 Transports
*2 Special Mission Craft
12 Helicopters
Other Military Branches: N/A; Outer Space presence run by the Navy.
GDP in $US: Three-Quarters of a Trillion USD
Estimated Population: 20M
Other Information: Chile has a space program. While faltering under the Air Force and stagnant under civilian leadership, the Navy hopes to launch the nation's first manned space flight within two years.
Last edited by Zjaum on Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:36 am, edited 7 times in total.
I use my NationStates stats, because a population of billions/trillions and an economy of hundreds of trillions is totally viable, trust me.
But seriously, aside from the population and GDP, just assume that my NS stats are roughly accurate.

Support: Paleo-imperialism, conservatism, libertarianism, Christianity.
Against: Stupid people, resistance to industrial progress, alt-right, any form of government at or beyond socialism.

I hail from The League of Conservative Nations. Hearts unthawed, hearts unshaken!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,
The stars will be ours someday.

Albennia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Albennia » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:36 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:
New Demorvian wrote:Africa didn't really deal with much of the damage, although there are some border changes.

Ok...

Could that work?

bro you haven't even responded to my request to discuss the (other, non-P2TM) RP you wanted

Confederate American SU
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Confederate American SU » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:09 am

NS Name:Confederate American SU
Faction Name: National States Rights Democratic Party
Where Does It Operate?: United States of America
Faction Leader: Casey F. Pickett is the figurehead, though the organization really has a collective executive in the form of an elected Committee of Grand Wizards. Besides that, the organization works as a direct-democratic confederation.
Flag or Logo:
ImageImage

Ideology: 'Pickettian Democracy' - Direct democracy, Jeffersonianism, national syndicalism, mutualism, white nationalism
Short Term Goals: Electorally seize the American government.
Long Term Goals: Turn America into a direct-democratic, syndicalist ethnostate.
History: The NSRDP is an obscure, small radical group that formed in reaction to the free-market and conservative Christian policies of the Republican Party as well as rise of left-wing and libertarian parties. The closest thing they have to a leader is Casey F. Pickett, an eccentric online celebrity who had survived WW3 due to his reclusive rural lifestyle.
How Does It Operate?:It has a paramilitary known as the Red Shirts, of which membership is mandatory for all members. It has influence within a few labor unions and a sizable internet following.
Number of Armed Members, If Any: All members of the party are required to be armed. 556.
Other Information: Your mom gay.
08102030 TRACKING PURPOSES

I hope this application is okay. It's short, but that's more due to the organization having little history to it.
★★========★★
==★★====★★==
====
★★★★====
==
★★====★★==
★★========★★

★No, it is not the South. SU stands for 'States and Unions'. The right acronym is RCAS. Please read the Factbook.★

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:52 am

So, just to be safe, are the territory changes described in the treaty of NY the only territorial changes on the map? I was writing in the history section about invading a neighbor, and wanted to make sure that wound be alright.
Kawaii Seals wrote:SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:12 am

Made a basic map of the accepted countries so far! Might try adding some of the other major powers/countries with significant border shifts for clarity's sake.

Map linky.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

3rdBritan
Envoy

Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby 3rdBritan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:55 am

NS Name:
3rd Britan
Formal Nation Name:
Neo Hans One state Army
Informal Nation Name:
The one state army
Description or Map of Territory:
Northern Manchuria and some parts of the south, a violent enclave on the tsingtao peninsula.
Capital City:
Airstrip 109
Link To National Anthem:
The nation has no anthem, The Silence represent that Everyone
that dies on the opposite side of the Neo Hans army will be
forgotten in the place of a Han Victory.
Current Ruling Political Party:
the army rules this state to live out its glory days it does not need a 'party' in the middle of a war
Current Head of State:
High General of the Tsingtao enclave- High General Tao
Ideology:
totalitarian Socialism- The one state army
is predominantly a messy slur of Fascist
and Communist propaganda while denying
they are both of these
History Since 2019:
Overview of Nation's Economy:
one of the best in china, Though comparable to the Wiemar republic or post depression Japan
Overview of Nation's Political Structure:
The army is divided into 3 divisions
ministry of peace-ministry of Truth-Ministry of lies
the ministry of truth propaganda evidence against them
The ministry of peace handles the mighty war machine and killing of traitors
The ministry of lies disposes of the truth
friendly terms for the peoples republic of china and sri lanka
Name of Armed Forces:
The ministry of peace
Land Army Name and Size:
the army of order 200000 armed men 23 tanks