NATION

PASSWORD

Outcome: A Post-WW3 RP [OOC] [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:02 pm

Semi-related question, is the US player still around, or was NASA just taken over briefly for the sake of the current plot?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

The National Dominion of Hungary
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The National Dominion of Hungary » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:51 am

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON wrote:
Hey just want to throw out, I know this is to "make the game more exciting" but I mean a disaster does not have to happen every few days to make the IC plentiful exciting.

Agreed, constant disasters feels really contrived. I mean we already had by far the most destructive conflict in history just a few years ago
Last edited by The National Dominion of Hungary on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plotek i medialnych bredni nie daj sobie wmówić,
Codziennie się rozwijaj i nie daj się ogłupić,
Atakowi propagandy stawiaj czoło dzielnie,
Nie daj sobą sterować i myśl samodzielnie.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a solid 7/10. Deal with it.

New Demorvian
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby New Demorvian » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:32 am

Bentus wrote:Semi-related question, is the US player still around, or was NASA just taken over briefly for the sake of the current plot?

I took over NASA for the sake of plot

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:35 am

New Demorvian wrote:
Bentus wrote:Semi-related question, is the US player still around, or was NASA just taken over briefly for the sake of the current plot?

I took over NASA for the sake of plot

Just asking regarding to the backstory, ASEAN is relatively unscatched during the war, right?
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

New Demorvian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Demorvian » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:43 am

Sarderia wrote:
New Demorvian wrote:I took over NASA for the sake of plot

Just asking regarding to the backstory, ASEAN is relatively unscatched during the war, right?

Pretty much.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:52 am

New Demorvian wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Just asking regarding to the backstory, ASEAN is relatively unscatched during the war, right?

Pretty much.

Please review my app

Antityranicals
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:43 pm

Damn... I spent two hours typing out a reply to five separate events, only to have it all gobbled up by the software when it asked me to log back in...
Compass: Right: 9.94, Libertarian: -5.84
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:45 pm

@antityranicals
Hate being that guy, but I'm not sure if 30,000t + to orbit is really feasible in 2040. Just one of those rockets would put more up into space than every irl country up till today. It'd make even SpaceX's starship look like an ant. I think there just ain't enough time for much to be done to redirect the asteroid unfortunately.

Did appreciate the numbers though, if we did have something like that lying around it might work! Did you figure out the amount of needed fuel to end up at that mass? If so that's bloody awesome! Props for actually doing the legwork for an rp.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

Antityranicals
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Antityranicals » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:16 pm

Bentus wrote:@antityranicals
Hate being that guy, but I'm not sure if 30,000t + to orbit is really feasible in 2040. Just one of those rockets would put more up into space than every irl country up till today. It'd make even SpaceX's starship look like an ant. I think there just ain't enough time for much to be done to redirect the asteroid unfortunately.

Did appreciate the numbers though, if we did have something like that lying around it might work! Did you figure out the amount of needed fuel to end up at that mass? If so that's bloody awesome! Props for actually doing the legwork for an rp.

Well, I was imagining the rocket as sort of an older brother to the Saturn V, which weighed about 3,100 tons. The Saturn V was made back in the 60s for a cost of 6.4 billion dollars (42 billion 2019 dollars) during peacetime. Now, if we imagine a scenario during wartime, fifty years later than that, and with a far larger wartime budget, I don't think that a rocket ten times as powerful is too outlandish. Honestly, I think that a lot of the reason that humanity doesn't have huge rockets like that isn't for lack of ability, but for lack of effort. If a need were to come, and a budget to boot, I think that some pretty incredible things could happen. As for fuel, that, I believe, is the largest limiting factor in any of these rockets. Liquid hydrogen would have to be the solution here, and even though liquid hydrogen would be light, it would require a massive amount of space. I was ultimately thinking about launching forty percent of the fuel with the rockets, and the remaining sixty percent right afterwards, to attach to the rockets. That, I believe, would allow for the required 36-hour burn.
Compass: Right: 9.94, Libertarian: -5.84
Catholic Libertarian. Gov't has no authority, all authority is from God. God grants us free will, gov't should not infringe upon it. Legislating morality is wrong. Only exception is protecting rights to life, liberty, and property. Abortion is killing an infant, one of the few things gov't should prevent. Pro-Trump, he's been an effective weapon against real enemies of freedom: The Left, but I wish he were more for free trade, more against deficits. Unrestrained capitalism is a great thing; it does wonders for standards of living of everyone, especially the poor.
HS student in the USA. Male. XC runner, 17:30 5k, 4:59 mile. I enjoy singing, sushi, eating large quantities of food, and eating large quantities of sushi.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:16 pm

Antityranicals wrote:-snip-

Ah, ok I got it. I think you're using the launch mass of the Saturn V (dry mass?) when in this case it's probably better to consider the payload to orbit capability. For the purposes of this, let's just assume we're looking at payload to LEO which will make all the rockets we look at better than they actually are, thereby accounting in part for some technological advancements. The Saturn V had a payload-to-LEO of 140t. The reason why - even if humanity had continued to invest in super-heavy launch vehicles post-Apollo - that number might not have increased all that much is due to Tsiolkovsky’s Rocket Equation. It effectively states that as you build more and more powerful rockets, the amount of mass that you need (and therefore cost, technology, etc) increases exponentially for a given chemical propellant. To break that trend you either need radically more efficient rocket fuels or a paradigm changing technology like space elevators.

That being said, for the sake of it we can try and see what it would take for the world of 2040 to stop this asteroid. While a 130,000t rocket might not be as effective as you’d think due to the Rocket Equation, in the rp (and the real world) we can use SpaceX’s Starship as an alternative. If flown, it’d be the most powerful rocket (by far) ever flown and could deliver 100t to “anywhere”. Now for the sake of boosting our chances at stopping this asteroid, let’s consider that Starship can carry 1200t of propellant and is technically intended to be a refuelling vehicle as well (so you need 2 launches for 1 flight, but we’ll ignore that). As such, let’s say it can deliver 1200t to LEO.

Ok, so put a pin in that number. How much propellant do we need to move this asteroid? Going off of your numbers, let’s say that we avert disaster by applying the equivalent of 165,000t of thrust continuously over 36 hours. Given those numbers, we can actually see how many Starships we’d need to have firing at max thrust continuously and what rate of fuel usage we’d need to accommodate as well!

First let’s consider thrust. A single Starship second-stage (the only bit that gets to orbit) has a thrust of 12,000kN or approx. 1,200 force tons. As such, we would need 138 Starships firing in sync to apply 165,000t of thrust. That is an awful lot of vehicles already, but things get even worse as we realise that there’s no way these vehicles hold enough fuel to burn for 36 hours.

To figure out how much fuel we need, we can use some values called the Specific Impulse (Isp) and the Thrust Specific Fuel Consumption (TSFC). These numbers are a measure of the fuel efficiency of a rocket engine (think miles-per-gallon, but for spaceships) and they’re related by Isp = 1/(g*TSFC), where g = 9.81m/s^2 (rounded to 10m/s^2 for calcs here). On Starship’s wikipedia page, we can actually find its Isp to be 380 seconds (yeah, it has units of seconds. Funny story behind that if you want to look it up actually - German and American rocket scientists couldn’t agree on whether to use the metric or imperial system). That means that we can find Starship’s TSFC to be 0.000263 kilograms per newton per second, or converting to force tons, 2.63kg of fuel used per second to generate 1t of thrust. As such, our fleet would guzzle fuel at an eye watering 434,210kg per second! To compete the 36 hour burn, that means we would need 5.63x10^7 tons of fuel. With each Starship carrying 1200t of payload, that requires 46,894,737 Starship fuel deliveries.

Unfortunately, there just ain’t no way that we could launch nearly 50 million of these huge ships. Not in the time left before impact and honestly probably not if we had years. That being said, this number seems a bit high so I’m going to go back and double check my maths - I was expecting a few thousand, or tens of thousands of Starship launches rather than millions. But if the maths checks out (pls feel free to do them yourselves and double check me!), things aren’t looking good for the pale blue dot.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

ImperialRussia
Ambassador

Founded: May 16, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby ImperialRussia » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:19 pm

Let it begin

New Demorvian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Demorvian » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:25 pm

Sarderia wrote:NS Name: Sarderia

Formal Nation Name: Unitary Republic of Indonesia (Negara Kesatuan Republik Indonesia)

Informal Nation Name: Indonesia

Description or Map of Territory: Indonesia proper, Malaysia (except Malacca and Penang), Singapore, Brunei, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Timor Leste, Pattani, and the Kra Isthmus

Capital City: Penajam Paser (the new Indonesian capital in Borneo)

Link To National Anthem: Indonesia Raya

Flag: Indonesian Flag

Current Ruling Political Party: Koalisi Indonesia Kerja (Working Indonesia Coalition):
    Partai Demokrasi Indonesia Perjuangan (Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle)
    Pakatan Harapan (Alliance of Hope)
    Golongan Karya (The Working Groups)
    Partai Solidaritas Indonesia (Indonesian Solidarity Party)
    Partai Gerakan Indonesia Raya (Great Indonesia Movement Party)
    Partai Kebangkitan Bangsa (National Awakening Party)
Opposition Political Party: Koalisi Merah Putih (Red and White Coalition):
    Barisan Nasional (National Front)
    Partai Demokrat (Democratic Party)
    Partai Keadilan Sejahtera (Prosperous Justice Party)
    Gerakan Arah Baru Indonesia (Indonesian New Direction Movement)
    Partai Nasional Demokrat (National Democratic Party)

Current Head of State: President Joko Widodo

Ideology: Nationalist-Centrist/Islamic/Liberalism

History Since 2019:
  • 2019: Joko Widodo elected for second term. Building of Indonesia’s new capital in Borneo commenced. Last sections of the Sumatran and Sulawesi toll roads opened to public. Gerakan Indonesia Raya (Great Indonesia Movement Party) defects to the government after Widodo’s rival Prabowo Subianto was appointed defense minister.
  • 2020: Tests of Indonesia’s Black Tiger tank, Alugoro-class submarine completed; production of 400 tanks and 5 submarines ordered in the year’s state budget. Indonesia closes arrivals from China in fear of coronavirus. Following the assassination of Donald Trump, the central bank, Bank Indonesia increases interest rates by 3%, avoiding drastic inflation. Indonesia stops all nickel, iron and tin exports. Military movements and patrols increased in South China Sea. The government allocated more budget for national saving, military, and economic incentives. Economic Omnibus Law act legalized; investing become easier and less bureaucratinc, prompting Asian nations to keep assets in Indonesia. President Widodo boosts arms purchases in preparation of conflict.
  • Early 2021: The Philippines, Malaysia, Brunei, and Vietnam declares war on China. Indonesia remains neutral, as do Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia; due to Chinese investments in the country, Indonesia is unwilling to enter direct conflict. Production of frigates and corvettes finished.
  • Late 2021: Indonesia declares alliance with Russia, partially to block Australia from attacking the islands. The People’s Representative Council authorized declaration of state emergency as Chinese fleet defeated the joint ASEAN fleet in the Battle of Natuna. Indonesia declares war against China; followed soon by Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, and Cambodia. Second Battle of Natuna; an Indonesian fleet relieved a convoy of Singaporean and Malaysian ships under fire from Chinese frigates. Following the first major ASEAN victory, the Indonesian Army is mobilized to defend Vietnam and Laos. Construction of ballistic missiles commenced. Construction of submarines and tanks finished. Indonesian submarines bombed the Port of Xiamen and Hong Kong then Chinese occupied. Indonesian paratroopers landed on Yunnan and Guangdong. The ASEAN fleet was mobilized to Hong Kong; the Battle of Hong Kong begins.
  • Early 2022: All Chninese-owned assets and investments are confiscated with ownership given to US, Russian, and state-owned companies. The Chiniese Army launched a surprise assault on Brunei and Singapore. Indonesian F-16, Rafale, and IFX multirole jets bombed Singapore day and night; after the Chinese are repelled, Singapore and Bruneiare placed under Indonesian occupation. The Vietnamese army backed by Indonesian and Thai forces launched a massive attack on Yunnan, occupating half of the province as Chinese forces struggle with other fronts. Approval rate of President Widodo decreases after Chinese attacks on Brunei and Singapore.
  • Late 2022: Battle of Hong Kong concluded; ASEAN pyrrhic victory as the city fell into Indonesian occupation. Total annilhation of the Singaporean, Bruneian, and Malaysian navies after the battle. Malaysia declares martial law; Pakatan Harapan politicians seek integration into Indonesia. Terrorist attack on the National Palace commenced; President Widodo survived, but several major army commanders perished. An ex-ISIS splinter group is held responsible for the attack. Army and militia mobilization across Java and Sumatra commenced to exterminate these fanatics, who have declared the Governor of Jakarta as President. Mandatory conscription implemented.
  • 2023: ASEAN forces advance to Guangzhou and Nanning. Macau captured by a joint Vietnamese-Thai-Burmese fleet. Indonesian fighter jets carpet-bombed Guangdong; Chinese forces surrendered. The ASEAN occupation force creates a new provisional administration in Hong Kong. Indonesia declares alliance with Taiwan; Taiwanese authorities are asked to cooperate to maintain peace throughout Southern China. ASEAN forces confiscate Chniese tanks, missiles, vessels, and arms. Internal politics in Indonesia had became increasingly unstable with the declaration of a Caliphate in West Java. Indonesian National Police are given live weapons and military equipments in preparation to crush the insurgency. New capital of Indonesia finished in East Borneo; the gradual process of government relocation began.
  • 2024: Indonesia gradually withdraw from China, placing a sufficient military administration in Guangzhou and Hong Kong while the Philippines now lead invasion efforts. The Indonesian Army dispatched a contingent to the ASEAN forces entering Guizhou. The city of Bandung in West Java became increasingly fortified as police and military units spread out into the surrounding mountains. Aceh declares independence from Indonesia. Fighter jets were taken out of Malaysia and Singapore to destroy vital buildings in Banda Aceh. Following a rapid invasionary force utilizing heavy armor, Aceh submits after three weeks. Revolutionary leaders are given a life sentence. Vice President Ma’ruf Amin resigns and was appointed as the Minister of Religious Affairs. Defense Minister Prabowo Subianto was made Vice President; further strengthening Widodo’s relationship with the Great Indonesia Movement Party. Widodo’s own party, Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle, splintered – prominent Widodo supporters were elected as party officials in the 2024 convention, meanwhile the faction loyal to Megawati Soekarnoputri, then chairman, declared their own version of party leaders legitimate.
  • 2025: Joko Widodo elected as chairman of the PDIP. Half of the PDIP still loyal to Megawati Soekarnoputri calls for Widodo’s impeachment, alongside politicians from the Red and White coalition. Indonesia’s space administration agency LAPAN finished construction of Biak Spaceport. The Caliphate insurgency in West Java is close to being exterminated. A nationwide purge ensued, state officials that has connections with fanatic religious cells are imprisoned for life without judicial processes. Religious institutions in Indonesia are forced to accept even more government influence, as Indonesia began turning into a more nationalistic and secular state. The year saw a surge in conversions into Christianity and Buddhism.

Overview of Nation's Economy: Indonesia being relatively unscathched except for the Borneo and Natuna Islands regions, began receiving a huge influx of refugees and asylum seekers during the War. Government programs to expand state-owned corporations to meet wartime demands has turned Indonesian corporations to be one of the world’s most valuable; exports during and after the war have increased due to the large workforce and efficient industrialization. As such, Indonesia is considered one of the largest economies in the world

Overview of Nation's Political Structure: Indonesia is a unitary presidential state, where the president holds much of the executive power, although in the recent five years there has been more relegations to the legislative. The bicameral legislative body is consisted of two houses; the National Senate (Senat Nasional) being the upper house and the People’s Representative Assembly (Dewan Perwakilan Rakyat) being the lower house. The Senate is created from former People’s Consultative Assembly (Majelis Permusyawaratan Rakyat) and another lower house, the Regional Representative Council (Dewan Perwakilan Daerah). It is consisted of a hundred seats, divided in half; 50 for independent elected members and 50 for partisan elected members. The DPR consisted of 560 seats, all partisan elected members. Both the President and legislative officials are elected through direct popular vote, and through a system of electoral college; so that every province in Indonesia have an equal representation, regardless of the population. Since the PDIP’s electoral victory in 2019, there has been no single political party who hold a majority seat in both chambers – hence a ruling government is usually backed by a coalition of parties.

Overview of Foreign Relations: Indonesia views the whole of ASEAN and its surrounding smaller nations, such as the Pacific Islands, as satellite states. Not only the Indonesian forces contribute the largest to ASEAN war efforts, matters of defense is practically handed over to Indonesia’s military as most of the ASEAN forces suffered extreme casualties against China. Its main rivals is Australia and India

Name of Armed Forces: Indonesian National Army (Tentara Nasional Indonesia/TNI)

Land Army Name and Size: TNI – Angkatan Darat (Indonesian National Army Land Force)
    Active Units: 360,000 personnel
    Reserve Units: 720,000 personnel
    Tanks: 820
    Infantry Fighting Vehicles: 8,920
    Armored Personnel Carriers: 16,800
    Self Propelled Guns/Towed Artillery: 300/60
    Rocket Artillery: 300
Navy Name and Size: TNI – Angkatan Laut (Indonesian National Army Naval Force)
    28 Submarines
    18 Landing Platform Docks
    32 Destroyers
    48 Frigates
    68 Corvettes
    22 Mine Countermeasure
    146 Fast Attack Craft
    18 Oceanographic Research Vessels
    240 Utility/Patrol/Attack Helicopters
Air Force Name and Size: TNI – Angkatan Udara (Indonesian National Army Air Force)
    920 Multirole Jets
    650 Attack/Bomber Jets
    220 Transport Aircraft
    1,022 Attack/Transport/Reconnaisance Helicopters
    400 SRBMs
    220 LRBMs
    124 ICBMs non nuclear
    3 Reconnaisance Satellites
    Anti-missile stations across Malaysia, Sumatra, Borneo, Java, and New Guinea

Other Military Branches: None (Cybewarfare is integrated into Land Force Command, Aerospace/Missile Warfare is integrated into Air Force)

GDP in $US: US$ 1,140,830,000,000

Estimated Population: 340,000,000

Other Information: None
08092020 TRACKING PURPOSES

Accepted

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:57 pm

Is this meant to be realistic or a bit out there? The answer to this question will influence my faction, so...
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

New Demorvian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Demorvian » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:38 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Is this meant to be realistic or a bit out there? The answer to this question will influence my faction, so...

Not entirely, but mostly.

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:22 am

Hey just saying that the IC could use a bit more activity... seems pretty dead
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

Onfande
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Onfande » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:32 am

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON wrote:Hey just saying that the IC could use a bit more activity... seems pretty dead

I'm currently drafting a post. I haven't replied due to no ideas about what to do. My post should be up within the next 2 days.
[put something here eventually]

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:10 pm

This is on the less realistic side of things, but can be easily tweaked if it needs to be.

NS Name: The World Capitalist Confederation
Faction Name: The International Column of Free Citizens (better known as just 'the Column", or "The Oligarchy" to critics)
Where Does It Operate?: Everywhere, mostly in developed country.
Faction Leader: Albert Turemberg, CEO of Washington Conglomerates.
Flag or Logo: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/aap ... 0901043720
Ideology: Libertarian corporatist technocracy. Has anarcho-capitalist and neo-reactionary sections.
Short Term Goals: Begin construction of the Moon and Mars bases, along with asteroid mining. Also, begin the African Project, to seize Africa and make it effectively a vassal continent under the Column
Long Term Goals: To control the world under its new ideology, headed by the richest corporate leaders of all.
History: Born from the political instability of the Third World War, the biggest corporations of the world - Washington Conglomerates being the largest one at around $3.4 trillion - assembled in 2035, releasing the New York Declaration declaring that "all free men must emancipate their souls to seize their freedoms from the watchmen of authoritarian illiberalism and neo-socialist thought.". It began to champion a fusion of libertarian and technocratic thought, particularly in the United States where it champions the ideology of "New Libertarianism", and gained more followers amongst the urban middle and upper classes, along with a broad coalition of educated backgrounds, and have become the majority ideology of many intellectual groups. It has funded many think tanks across the world, in order to support itself. It, in recent days, has begun to increase funding in space expeditions, along with terran ones, to expand its reach. It is in a state of mass expansion as of the moment, looking to seize economic and political power in the most unstable of regions.
How Does It Operate?: It has major HQs in Pyongyang, New York City, London and minor ones scattered across the world. In supportive areas it operates peacefully, using funds garnered through legal commercial activities to fund political ones which are then used to influence governments and make commercial activities more lucrative.
Number of Armed Members, If Any: 50,000 Private Security Forces, in supportive governments. Approximately 30,000 "Freedom Fighters" in unfriendly areas.
Other Information: Considered a terrorist group by many communist nations, but is very friendly with right-wing governments. Has approximately $100 billion on hand, 50,000,000 members and comprises corporations worth $6 trillion in total.
08102030 TRACKING PURPOSES
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

New Demorvian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Demorvian » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:30 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:This is on the less realistic side of things, but can be easily tweaked if it needs to be.

NS Name: The World Capitalist Confederation
Faction Name: The International Column of Free Citizens (better known as just 'the Column", or "The Oligarchy" to critics)
Where Does It Operate?: Everywhere, mostly in developed country.
Faction Leader: Albert Turemberg, CEO of Washington Conglomerates.
Flag or Logo: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/aap ... 0901043720
Ideology: Libertarian corporatist technocracy. Has anarcho-capitalist and neo-reactionary sections.
Short Term Goals: Begin construction of the Moon and Mars bases, along with asteroid mining. Also, begin the African Project, to seize Africa and make it effectively a vassal continent under the Column
Long Term Goals: To control the world under its new ideology, headed by the richest corporate leaders of all.
History: Born from the political instability of the Third World War, the biggest corporations of the world - Washington Conglomerates being the largest one at around $3.4 trillion - assembled in 2035, releasing the New York Declaration declaring that "all free men must emancipate their souls to seize their freedoms from the watchmen of authoritarian illiberalism and neo-socialist thought.". It began to champion a fusion of libertarian and technocratic thought, particularly in the United States where it champions the ideology of "New Libertarianism", and gained more followers amongst the urban middle and upper classes, along with a broad coalition of educated backgrounds, and have become the majority ideology of many intellectual groups. It has funded many think tanks across the world, in order to support itself. It, in recent days, has begun to increase funding in space expeditions, along with terran ones, to expand its reach. It is in a state of mass expansion as of the moment, looking to seize economic and political power in the most unstable of regions.
How Does It Operate?: It has major HQs in Pyongyang, New York City, London and minor ones scattered across the world. In supportive areas it operates peacefully, using funds garnered through legal commercial activities to fund political ones which are then used to influence governments and make commercial activities more lucrative.
Number of Armed Members, If Any: 50,000 Private Security Forces, in supportive governments. Approximately 30,000 "Freedom Fighters" in unfriendly areas.
Other Information: Considered a terrorist group by many communist nations, but is very friendly with right-wing governments. Has approximately $100 billion on hand, 50,000,000 members and comprises corporations worth $6 trillion in total.
08102030 TRACKING PURPOSES

Accepted

Mercatus
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mercatus » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:28 pm

somebodyyyyyyyyyyy post plllllllllssssss!
About Me: Far-Right high schooler from Texas disillusioned with the progressive path being taken by society and propagated by young people.
Political Ideology: Right Wing Populism
Religion: Evangelical Baptist Christian

Pro: Gun Rights, Nuclear Family, Protectionist Economics, Capitalism, Israel, Border Wall, Fossil Fuels, Nuclear Energy, Traditional Social Values.
Anti: Communism, Socialism, BLM, LGBTQ Rights, Environmentalism, Affirmative Action, Globalism, Corporatism, Universalism, New Age Spirituality.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:11 pm

Mercatus wrote:somebodyyyyyyyyyyy post plllllllllssssss!

Just saying, your VTOL would have been intercepted by Eurasian air force jets the second it departed, the regions surrounding your base would have been entrenched with radars, fighter squadrons, and anti-aircraft missiles and AA guns. Along with the border guards when you crossed into Poland alerting pretty much every surrounding nation of this uncharted VTOL flying without a flight plan.
Last edited by Northern Poland on Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kawaii Seals wrote:SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS

Mercatus
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mercatus » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:19 pm

Northern Poland wrote:
Mercatus wrote:somebodyyyyyyyyyyy post plllllllllssssss!

Just saying, your VTOL would have been intercepted by Eurasian air force jets the second it departed, the regions surrounding your base would have been entrenched with radars, fighter squadrons, and anti-aircraft missiles and AA guns. Along with the border guards when you crossed into Poland alerting pretty much every surrounding nation of this uncharted VTOL flying without a flight plan.

Shit, maybe I'll just use civilian aircraft next time.

I mean, how else would they mount an attack on some commies without using aircraft, because ground vehicles are slow and walking isn't exactly the best way to travel out of Russia and across Poland.
About Me: Far-Right high schooler from Texas disillusioned with the progressive path being taken by society and propagated by young people.
Political Ideology: Right Wing Populism
Religion: Evangelical Baptist Christian

Pro: Gun Rights, Nuclear Family, Protectionist Economics, Capitalism, Israel, Border Wall, Fossil Fuels, Nuclear Energy, Traditional Social Values.
Anti: Communism, Socialism, BLM, LGBTQ Rights, Environmentalism, Affirmative Action, Globalism, Corporatism, Universalism, New Age Spirituality.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:20 pm

Mercatus wrote:
Northern Poland wrote:Just saying, your VTOL would have been intercepted by Eurasian air force jets the second it departed, the regions surrounding your base would have been entrenched with radars, fighter squadrons, and anti-aircraft missiles and AA guns. Along with the border guards when you crossed into Poland alerting pretty much every surrounding nation of this uncharted VTOL flying without a flight plan.

Shit, maybe I'll just use civilian aircraft next time.

I mean, how else would they mount an attack on some commies without using aircraft, because ground vehicles are slow and walking isn't exactly the best way to travel out of Russia and across Poland.

Simple, don't put your base of operations in the middle of Siberia.
Kawaii Seals wrote:SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS

Onfande
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Onfande » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:14 pm

I delayed my post again

why must I have no ideas on what to write

Post will be out, eh, soon-ish
[put something here eventually]

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:31 pm

Do any of you want to utilize the Indonesian Biak Spaceport? It's located right on the Equator, so any spacecraft launched from it would reach Low Earth orbit with minimal effort. After all the Asteroid is gonna hit another region near the Equator (Colombia) so it'll be very strategic

New Demorvian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Demorvian » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:47 am

This RP is definitely dead now. It will be closed.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse