NATION

PASSWORD

Angels Fall First (IC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

RaineTrifles
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

LadyLuck (Daisuke wakes up) / Justin (and Cressida)

Postby RaineTrifles » Sat May 16, 2020 8:29 am

Lady luck blinked as Mikoto hugged her, not sure how she had helped him exactly. She continued smoking the cigarette he had given her as she watched him rush off, looking to the ceiling. She heard a groan from Daisuke in the room and turned her head that direction.

Daisuke struggled to sit up, clutching to his chest. He was familiar with the heart monitor sound in the room and gasped, frowning as he didn't recognize his surroundings.

"Don't get up, kid." Luck breathed up a puff of smoke. "No place to run from here, we're on a ship. Besides, here's the safest place on the entire planet." She gave a slight grin at her own half-joke.

Daisuke's breath hitched as he spotted the group's unconscious target on the floor, tied up. He observed his surroundings. This was-. "A mercenary ship?" He finished the question to himself outloud.

"You're smarter than you look." Luck put out the cigarette.

"Where are we going?" Daisuke stood up, not listening to her. He limped on one good leg and grimaced in pain at the stab wounds on his shoulder and leg when he tried to stand.

"Who knows? I'll tell them to drop you off somewhere safe."

"Is there anywhere truly safe?" He forced himself back to a seated position as he asked with sarcasm. Luck smirked at his comment.

"Good question. But you might not like the answer." Luck said cryptically.

Connecticut Communes Docks
Formerly Westport, CT - USA
1915 EST - November 28th (Thursday)

"Idiot. You were supposed to let her in." The bar owner of the hidden bar, sitting behind the bar counter, stated calmly while drinking his beer. He eyed angela. The three other people sitting behind the bar counter ignored her. The bar owner drank the rest of his beer down in one gulp and stood, wiping his face with his sleeve. "He'll be here." The man motioned to Angela to take a seat at the counter. "Can I offer you anything?"
Last edited by RaineTrifles on Sat May 16, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kilel
Envoy

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Sun May 17, 2020 5:17 pm

(We're adjusting the timeline so that the drop takes place at 11pm EST)

Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia
Virginia Airspace
2230 hours EST - 0230 GMT - November 28th/29th

The intercom in the Seraph team Dropship sprang to life after a long flight from orbit over Copenhagen to the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia, the pilots voice crackling over the internal speakers. "Good evening, everyone this is your captain speaking! Currently we are in Virginian Airspace, well above the operational ceiling. Local time is currently Twenty-Two Hundred and Thirty hours, and we're a little bit ahead of schedule so we're 15 minutes out from our drop zone! Time to rise and shine, rub the sand from your eyes and suit up!"

Laurie grumbled as she woke from her timely nap to the sound of the pilots hammy voice. "Hell's Bells... Would've liked a few more minutes o' sleep... A'right, Ruby, Aemilia. Get ready to drop. Ruby, your wingsuit should be in that compartment on th' floor." She said, gesturing to a cargo panel in the center of the Condor's floor. Tending to herself, Laurie knelt down and secured a number of buckles on her cloak and stood up spread eagle revealing that her cloak WAS her wingsuit.

"Good luck out there, ladies! I'm going radio silent. I'll open the door over the drop zone. Let me just sync all of your gear to the ship's internal cloooooock aaaaand you're set. Dropping at Twenty-Two Fourty-Five sharp! And thank you for flying Seraph Airlines!"

"If either of ya have any final questions before we drop, now's the time to ask!" Laurie urged her companions.

“There was classical music playing when he replayed the message.” She looked to phenom. “He collapsed then.”

Heaven Dropship
Copenhagen Airspace
1825 GMT - Nov 28th

Phenom placed his chin in his hand for a moment while he pondered what this classical song might mean. It could be some sort of calling card, but it was most certainly the trigger. If he could only tie it to some source.

"Classical music, you say...? Gladis, did you happen to hear this music? Would you be able to identify it if you heard it again?"
Last edited by Kilel on Sun May 17, 2020 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't even play this game anymore lol

Slaughtveria
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Slaughtveria » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:30 pm

RaineTrifles wrote:Connecticut Communes Docks

"Idiot. You were supposed to let her in." The bar owner of the hidden bar, sitting behind the bar counter, stated calmly while drinking his beer. He eyed angela. The three other people sitting behind the bar counter ignored her. The bar owner drank the rest of his beer down in one gulp and stood, wiping his face with his sleeve. "He'll be here." The man motioned to Angela to take a seat at the counter. "Can I offer you anything?"

Angela took a seat, leveling an annoyed look at the man. "You can start by answering my questions. Who are you people and why send a kid for me? Too much of a coward to do your own work?" Her eyes darted around the room to the other patrons, preparing for any kind of attack. The man on the floor groaned as he rose to his feet and left the bar, limping the whole way.

RaineTrifles wrote:Lady luck blinked as Mikoto hugged her, not sure how she had helped him exactly. She continued smoking the cigarette he had given her as she watched him rush off, looking to the ceiling. She heard a groan from Daisuke in the room and turned her head that direction.

Daisuke struggled to sit up, clutching to his chest. He was familiar with the heart monitor sound in the room and gasped, frowning as he didn't recognize his surroundings.

"Don't get up, kid." Luck breathed up a puff of smoke. "No place to run from here, we're on a ship. Besides, here's the safest place on the entire planet." She gave a slight grin at her own half-joke.

Daisuke's breath hitched as he spotted the group's unconscious target on the floor, tied up. He observed his surroundings. This was-. "A mercenary ship?" He finished the question to himself outloud.

"You're smarter than you look." Luck put out the cigarette.

"Where are we going?" Daisuke stood up, not listening to her. He limped on one good leg and grimaced in pain at the stab wounds on his shoulder and leg when he tried to stand.

"Who knows? I'll tell them to drop you off somewhere safe."

"Is there anywhere truly safe?" He forced himself back to a seated position as he asked with sarcasm. Luck smirked at his comment.

"Good question. But you might not like the answer." Luck said cryptically."

The door slid open as Mikoto swaggered back into the room, still beaming. He turned his attention to the freshly awakened teen. "Welcome back to Planet Earth kiddo. You tagging along with Red or you want me to drop you off somewhere?
Last edited by Slaughtveria on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WizardMegumin
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby WizardMegumin » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:31 pm

Virginia Airscape
2230 hours EST - 0230 GMT - November 28th/29th

Aemilia's eyes slowly slid open. The rebooting sequence of the mechanical part of her brain was completed hours ago, but she remained in stasis for the entirety of the flight as she had no reason to wake up; until now. She looked around, taking in the surrounding as she saw that the others were beginning to stir awake as well, the mission directive surely in their head as vividly as it is for Aemilia.

"...one question." Aemilia spoke out in a relatively lighter voice compared to Ethlyn's slightly husky tone. "Estimated drop distance of 50,000 feet. Free fall from this height is inadvisable to my inner mechanism. Requesting an alternative approach."

RaineTrifles
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

l

Postby RaineTrifles » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:06 pm

Heaven Dropship
Copenhagen Airspace
1825 GMT - Nov 28th
PHENOM AND GLADIS

Gladis nodded confidently, tapping the side of her forehead. “My mind is like a steel trap. And I’m sure it’s still in his answering machine now as we speak.” She paused, thinking back to the moment the fall happened. “Yes, I’m almost certain that the music had something to do with it… but there must’ve been something else.” She stood from where she sat, frowning. “The drink. The one that he got from the hotel. Maybe? No. That doesn’t make sense.”

Connecticut Communes Docks
[Merc Bar Owner and Angela]

“You’re barking up the wrong tree. I don't get involved in Cobra Gang business or their informational meetings with police.” The man said as he lit up a cigarette. “Nice to meet you. I’m the local leader here from the mercenary council. We hand out legal bounties to people for a payout. We also are considered a neutral zone. That means no guns, knives, special gadgets or gizmos, or white weapons. Comprende?” He rose a brow and pointed to the ceiling, where multiple red deadly laser devices were attached to the ceiling.

“Take a seat, make your order. I personally don’t recommend the whiskey. Tastes terrible. Aged wine would be better, or maybe beer.” He cleaned a cup for her and set it down, turning his back to her to look at the drink options. “Justin will be here to meet with you soon. You may even like the information he’s going to offer you. Pick your poison, or don’t. We also have water.”

MIKOTO/LADYLUCK/DAISUKE

Daisuke blinked blankly as he tried to think of an answer. He looked to Luck, then Mikoto, and held to his head. 

“Is there a chance that this could happen to me again?” Daisuke asked.

“Very possible. You’re on their hit list, kid. But I’m a magnet for danger, and Mikoto’s a Mercenary. So you won’t get any peace here.” Luck said, gripping her bag.

“I think I’d rather stay with… red? As you called her.” Daisuke said decidingly.

Luck frowned, staring at Daisuke. “Looks like you didn’t hear me, kid. I’m a magnet for danger.”
Last edited by RaineTrifles on Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kilel
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:23 pm

"...one question." Aemilia spoke out in a relatively lighter voice compared to Ethlyn's slightly husky tone. "Estimated drop distance of 50,000 feet. Free fall from this height is inadvisable to my inner mechanism. Requesting an alternative approach."

Virginia Airspace
2240 hours EST - 0235 GMT - November 28th/29th

The artificial member of the team made a fair point. It had been previously stated that her testing had only been cleared up to 35,000 feet. Laurie pondered the issue for a moment before speaking up. "Ah, I know. Ruby! Ye can use your ability to soften Aemilia's fall, can't ye? Just do that and we'll be peaches."

Laurie walked over to the sealed rear door and removed an oxygen mask from inside a panel in the wall, gingerly placing it over her face. "Ruby, ye'll need one of these too. Elsewise ye'll lose consciousness in seconds. Dinnae worry 'bout the ambient temperature. It's right cold out, aye, but your suit has everything it needs t'keep ye warm in even the most frigid climates."

As Laurie finished her direction, the red light above her head flashed into yellow, advising all operatives to finish their preparations.

“The drink. The one that he got from the hotel. Maybe? No. That doesn’t make sense.”

Heaven Dropship
Copenhagen Airspace
1828 GMT - Nov 28th

"This is the 24th Century, Gladis. These things and many more can make perfect sense, provided you can find someone with the right resources. We can save the rest of this particular conversation for later. Final question for now: If you told someone you were abducted by aliens, do you think they'd believe you?" Phenom asked slyly, a slight grin cracking across his face.
Last edited by Kilel on Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't even play this game anymore lol

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:04 am

Kilel wrote:Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia
Virginia Airspace

The artificial member of the team made a fair point. It had been previously stated that her testing had only been cleared up to 35,000 feet. Laurie pondered the issue for a moment before speaking up. "Ah, I know. Ruby! Ye can use your ability to soften Aemilia's fall, can't ye? Just do that and we'll be peaches."

Laurie walked over to the sealed rear door and removed an oxygen mask from inside a panel in the wall, gingerly placing it over her face. "Ruby, ye'll need one of these too. Elsewise ye'll lose consciousness in seconds. Dinnae worry 'bout the ambient temperature. It's right cold out, aye, but your suit has everything it needs t'keep ye warm in even the most frigid climates."

As Laurie finished her direction, the red light above her head flashed into yellow, advising all operatives to finish their preparations.

Ruby winced at the first question, then wobbled her hand horizontally in an "eehh kinda" sort of gesture.

"I mean, I can, sorta, but we'd have to hold onto each other to do it, or I'd have to hold onto something she's holding directly. Not the best idea in an air drop, unless you've got a tandem parachute somewhere."

She did take the mask, however, and checked the belts on it to ensure as tight a fit as possible. It wasn't that she wasn't confident in Laurie's ability to find the proper mask for her head shape, it's just that masks weren't the sort of thing she was willing to take a chance on.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

WizardMegumin
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby WizardMegumin » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:57 am

Virginia Airspace

"Possibility devised." Aemilia uttered as the previously calm and relatively immobile companion floated gently forward, its' normally sleek side protruding a set of handles, complete with inner cushions for comfort. The gentle, low humming of its' levitation propeller intensified as well, slowly but noticeably getting more and more audible. "My cannon. Hold onto its' side, and I will hold the other. A probable plan."

RaineTrifles
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby RaineTrifles » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:28 am

Kilel wrote:

“The drink. The one that he got from the hotel. Maybe? No. That doesn’t make sense.”

Heaven Dropship
Copenhagen Airspace
1828 GMT - Nov 28th

"This is the 24th Century, Gladis. These things and many more can make perfect sense, provided you can find someone with the right resources. We can save the rest of this particular conversation for later. Final question for now: If you told someone you were abducted by aliens, do you think they'd believe you?" Phenom asked slyly, a slight grin cracking across his face.[/quote]

Gladis raised a brow. "Would you be the alien?" She countered the joke, "Because you look plenty human to me."

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse